Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Live Posting Thread

raven
Message added by raven

Just a friendly reminder - we'll leave this topic open for those of you staying up for Talking Dead.

Don't talk about previews or casting changes here, thank you.

• Start Topic

In a change from past seasons where we had a separate thread each week for live viewing, we're doing one continuing thread this season.   This thread will open before each episode for live viewing and posting and will close at the end of The Talking Dead.  At that time you can take discussion to the episode thread or TTD thread as appropriate.

Do NOT discuss spoilers here.  That includes casting news and promos, even those on TV.  Please take that discussion to the Spoilers and Speculation topic.  This also applies to spoilers discussed on Talking Dead.

Let's do this!

giphy.gif

Tonight's episode: "A New Beginning:"

Rick and his group make a risky run to D.C. in search of tools they need to build the new world Carl envisioned.

So I guess the ultimate plan is to gather tools to sneak into Negan's cell and listen to him ramble about his penis: "I say,  cock, that is, I say, get it boy? That was, I say, a cock joke!" ... I am so not ready for this. If it came back in, like, February, I could look forward to it as a very guilty pleasure. But it's happening now. And even if we don't watch it now, we'll probably eventually peek. Or we'll simply hear about it, and still maybe wish we could have commented and/or heard the comments of whoever is still watching. So, let the drinking and the questioning of our life's priorities commence!

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 6

I am excited for this season. I gave up on season 7 and watched Carl's death episodes last season, but this season seems promising so I will see how long I stick around.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

And even if we don't watch it now, we'll probably eventually peek. Or we'll simply hear about it, and still maybe wish we could have commented and/or heard the comments of whoever is still watching. So, let the drinking and the questioning of our life's priorities commence!

LOL.  I will be folding my laundry per usual, and probably drinking, so I will have to at least enjoy the snark.

Tonight's episode: "A New Beginning:"

Rick and his group make a risky run to D.C. in search of tools they need to build the new world Carl envisioned.

And I'll just start with how stupid it is to go to Washington, DC to find TOOLS when they live in a state full of farms.  LOL.   Why don't they just go live in Williamsburg? 
Edited to add there are obviously plenty of tools in DC right now, but they're all dead by now. 

Edited by peach
weak pun
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, peach said:

LOL.  I will be folding my laundry per usual, and probably drinking, so I will have to at least enjoy the snark.

And I'll just start with how stupid it is to go to Washington, DC to find TOOLS when they live in a state full of farms.  LOL.   Why don't they just go live in Williamsburg? 
Edited to add there are obviously plenty of tools in DC right now, but they're all dead by now. 

It was a pun extraordinaire!

• Love 5
17 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

So I guess the ultimate plan is to gather tools to sneak into Negan's cell and listen to him ramble about his penis: "I say,  cock, that is, I say, get it boy? That was, I say, a cock joke!" ... 

Aww, you stop that! Look what you made me do, just when I'm trying to psych myself up (and get drunk enough) for tonight's ep.

The Foghorn LeghornSM (11).png

5 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

Best way to quiet a kid down is to give 'em The Cookie Speech.

And if you want to make an adult comatose, give 'em the "Rock in the Road" story.

• Love 5

I'm back for this season. I thought I was done after the disaster known as S8, I'm here. Vodka in hand, tissues ready...I will either be crying tears of joy or horror. Looking forward to all the "positives" I have been reading about Angela Kang's new reign. Fingers crossed and wondering if I need a mixer for my vodka.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

I know I'm in the minority but I'm glad Negan survived because JDM is just so pretty. Yeah, I know he's Satan's spawn, but still...pretty.

Yeah but he's got a weak back.  I'd crack him like a twig.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

Best way to quiet a kid down is to give 'em The Cookie Speech.

I threatened her with a compilation of Negan monologues. I'll probably get a visit from CPS tomorrow. 

Edited by Superclam
Spelinn
  • Love 7

You know how time and sometimes context gives you a greater appreciation for something you initially hated?  Yeah, that's not happening for this past season finale.  Who thought it was a good idea to let these idiots stand around looking clueless and pointing guns every which way because they didn't know where the Neganites were, while apparently giving Fonzi Lite a loud speaker?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

I know I'm in the minority but I'm glad Negan survived because JDM is just so pretty. Yeah, I know he's Satan's spawn, but still...pretty.

As long as a moratorium has been placed upon his monologues. He's pretty, but he can have 3/4th's less speeches .

• Love 3
1 minute ago, nodorothyparker said:

You know how time and sometimes context gives you a greater appreciation for something you initially hated?  Yeah, that's not happening for this past season finale.  Who thought it was a good idea to let these idiots stand around looking clueless and pointing guns every which way because they didn't know where the Neganites were, while apparently giving Fonzi Lite a loud speaker?

Weren't Ricks group given false info?

2 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

You know how time and sometimes context gives you a greater appreciation for something you initially hated?  Yeah, that's not happening for this past season finale. 

Yeah, the whole thing still cheeses me off because I feel like we got the stupid battle & its stupid ending so AMC could keep JDM and get rid of Chandler. I still hate every minute of them keeping Negan alive; no matter how many deathbed letters Coral wrote, Negan is the bogeyman (and not a very good one) who needs to be put down.

\first rant of the evening over

• Love 8

Reminder:

Do NOT discuss spoilers here.  That includes casting news and promos, even those on TV.  Please take that discussion to the Spoilers and Speculation topic.  This also applies to spoilers discussed on Talking Dead.

1 minute ago, WalkerTalker said:

Howdy Folks, 

I'm really excited about the show tonight. However, it is bittersweet with Scott Wilson's passing. 

Indeed it will. Oh hey btw if you're the WT from AMC. If not, disregard.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, 2FarGone said:

Indeed it will. Oh hey btw if you're the WT from AMC. If not, disregard.

Welcome :)

1 minute ago, WalkerTalker said:

Likewise SoSueMe, I'm ready to fast forward into the za with team Rick. But, I still agree with Maggie, he should have killed Negan. 

But he's soooo pretty.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

But he's soooo pretty.

JDM is a good looking guy but way too skinny on this show.

Morgan, I can understand wanting to be alone but there are other places than the garbage dump FFS.

• Love 2