Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E10: The Next Level

ByTor
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Loni.

Ah, the #MeToo movement is an international women’s movement that has been going on for over two years. Women all over the world are watching what is happening in this country and are seeing the power of women coming together, to make changes in their own countries. I am of the belief that you’d have to be headless not to know what it is. Taylor proved me wrong because she has a head.

#metoo is decades old.  Taylor T really shouldn't have frozen like that - the squad wears a glorified bikini and for four hours or so a sunday gyrates on the sidelines for (predominantly male) amusement and then pose in sexually suggestive calendars, at a time when female equality and not being viewed solely as a sex object has never been more at the forefront of the news - why she was shocked to have been asked that, why others are shocked that they'd be asked about that astounds me. of course a reporter or someone at an event  will ask something like that, and a girl not knowing the stock answer yet is no excuse for how poorly she handled it. pretty much any answer would have been better than freezing and saying you're not familiar and then trying to cover that you knew but didn't know the name. and the whole news from instagram - #metoo is huge on instagram, no way she's not seen something. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, EssieMay said:

Don’t know what a correct answer to #metoo would be but something simple just saying what it is? Think sound bites.  “It’s a social media movement to bring awareness to the problem sexual harrassment and assault.” It’s not that hard. “So Miss DCC, what do you think of that?” “I hope increased awareness is the first step to solving the problem.”

The same thing with flag football. “I know that the NFL and the cowboys are working very hard to improve player safety through rule changes, improved equipment, and detecting brain injuries early.” It’s a mild version of the pivot, you talk about what you do know. A person who is generally well informed won’t be thrown by oddball questions.

1) The question wasn’t what is it, it was should it be incorporated into the DCC?

2) If you don’t know what flag football is, how can you answer the question?

Your answers are great but you get what I’m saying.

I thought about Judy dancing into the studio while I was doing stuff today. How great was that? She’s never done something like that since the show started...wonder why?????

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, PBSLover said:

I thought about Judy dancing into the studio while I was doing stuff today. How great was that She’s never done something like that since the show started...wonder why?????

I think she was deliriously happy with how great the girls looked on the field and how fast they got the triangle. I was impressed by them too. They may be the fastest learners ever as a group in training camp.

• Love 11
On 10/4/2018 at 10:49 PM, Mardo2044 said:

I like Taylor T, pretty girl, but really surprised she hadn't heard anything about a women's issue like "me too".  Enrich your world and read a few headlines :)

I can't recall if I have heard of it - I am 52 and a housewife.

...but now I know! 

Edited by LisaWl7TR
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

1) The question wasn’t what is it, it was should it be incorporated into the DCC?

2) If you don’t know what flag football is, how can you answer the question?

Your answers are great but you get what I’m saying.

but she didn't say she didn't know what flag football was, just that she hadn't heard that it was being floated as an idea. if you're a cheerleader in the NFL and you don't know what flag football is, you've done zero research and don't deserve to be there., sorry.  the question wasn't should it could be incorporated into the DCC, it was whether it was somthing the DCC should take on, ie use their platform to raise awareness, no different to their charity boots etc. 

19 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I think she was deliriously happy with how great the girls looked on the field and how fast they got the triangle. I was impressed by them too. They may be the fastest learners ever as a group in training camp.

apart from a few notable standouts that are some of the slowest learners they've had in a while

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

I would be super curious to hear how Kelli would want the girls to answer the #metoo question. 

that is the million$ question. Are they supposed to answer the way Kelli (the organization) would want to or the way they truly feel about an issue ? 

I didn't care for Malena dropping the "worked in college football" (sidenote: just where did she work prior to SMU) plug - but that was ok for Kelli.  

Also, do they put the 1st year rookies (non show group) in the same media situations and the OG veterans?  It seems fair to give them a little chance to grow in the appearances they do. They all did fine at the SR living home, chatting with the residents.  Not every media or appearance is going to have the Barbara Walters/Oprah of reporters lurking with a mike ... I think they did ok with the podcast portion - actually that seemed fun.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, sATL said:

that is the million$ question. Are they supposed to answer the way Kelli (the organization) would want to or the way they truly feel about an issue ? 

I didn't care for Malena dropping the "worked in college football" (sidenote: just where did she work prior to SMU) plug - but that was ok for Kelli.  

Also, do they put the 1st year rookies (non show group) in the same media situations and the OG veterans?  It seems fair to give them a little chance to grow in the appearances they do. They all did fine at the SR living home, chatting with the residents.  Not every media or appearance is going to have the Barbara Walters/Oprah of reporters lurking with a mike ... I think they did ok with the podcast portion - actually that seemed fun.

Given they're meant to be an ambassador for the team and squad, I'd 100% imagine that they are meant to give the answer Charlotte and/or Jerry wants.  Given JJ was epxlicit in his instructions about how Cowboys players may behave in regards to kneeling for the anthem (they're musn't, though he did give good PR by kneeling with the players before the anthem) I wouldn't be remotely surprised if he had beliefs on #metoo as well.  uber rich white men usually do

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 8

Finally was able to see the episode. Can’t believe there was only one cut and they haven’t done cameos. Is this going to be a 15-16 episode season? 

Taylor had no chance after her interview. I said it last week based on the previews, but I’ll say it one last time. It astounds me how a woman cannot know about MeToo. I hope she comes back next year though. She looks very young, so another year will do wonders. 

The other woman (I’m terrible with names) who was called in for interviews was unfairly criticized. She laughed at the flag football question, which is appropriate because the people suggesting the NFL go to flag football are saying it sarcastically.

Also, Kelli was wrong. The flag football comments are being made about the new roughing the passer rule, which is not about concussions. It’s about Aaron Rodgers breaking his collarbone and Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson tearing their ACLs. Concussions are an issue, but that’s not what the recent flag football sarcasm is about. If you expect your cheerleaders to know this, then you had better. 

Victoria doesn’t have the body of a DCC at all. Strip away everything else and she still shouldn’t make the team. You can’t hide that tummy in those outfits. And you can’t hide that chin in any outfits. 

Her office visit was a disaster. Not responding to Jinelle, who was assigned to help you, is rude, disrespectful to both Jinelle and Kelli, unprofessional, and juvenile. To quote Victoria, “There just aren’t words.”  Or however she exactly said it  

I can’t believe Kristen was told last week that she was cut, was given another chance, and didn’t get cut the next week. Has that ever happened before?

I was not impressed with the calendars. Even Lacey, a true goddess, didn’t look as great as I would’ve expected. That whole football 101 thing confused me. Did they actually discuss some basic football stuff or was it just some weird way to disguise the calendar reveal? I assume the latter, but if so, that was very much contrived for the tv show. 

Kinda surprised Malena has fallen off the radar. I thought she was going to get cut weeks ago, but she’s still kicking.

Number one takeaway is that Victoria needs to go. She’s had her chances and isn’t ready. I’m sure Kelli is trying to do her a favor by giving her extra chances, but she keeps blowing them. 

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

Finally was able to see the episode. Can’t believe there was only one cut and they haven’t done cameos. Is this going to be a 15-16 episode season? 

Taylor had no chance after her interview. I said it last week based on the previews, but I’ll say it one last time. It astounds me how a woman cannot know about MeToo. I hope she comes back next year though. She looks very young, so another year will do wonders. 

The other woman (I’m terrible with names) who was called in for interviews was unfairly criticized. She laughed at the flag football question, which is appropriate because the people suggesting the NFL go to flag football are saying it sarcastically.

Also, Kelli was wrong. The flag football comments are being made about the new roughing the passer rule, which is not about concussions. It’s about Aaron Rodgers breaking his collarbone and Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson tearing their ACLs. Concussions are an issue, but that’s not what the recent flag football sarcasm is about. If you expect your cheerleaders to know this, then you had better. 

Victoria doesn’t have the body of a DCC at all. Strip away everything else and she still shouldn’t make the team. You can’t hide that tummy in those outfits. And you can’t hide that chin in any outfits. 

Her office visit was a disaster. Not responding to Jinelle, who was assigned to help you, is rude, disrespectful to both Jinelle and Kelli, unprofessional, and juvenile. To quote Victoria, “There just aren’t words.”  Or however she exactly said it  

I can’t believe Kristen was told last week that she was cut, was given another chance, and didn’t get cut the next week. Has that ever happened before?

I was not impressed with the calendars. Even Lacey, a true goddess, didn’t look as great as I would’ve expected. That whole football 101 thing confused me. Did they actually discuss some basic football stuff or was it just some weird way to disguise the calendar reveal? I assume the latter, but if so, that was very much contrived for the tv show. 

Kinda surprised Malena has fallen off the radar. I thought she was going to get cut weeks ago, but she’s still kicking.

Number one takeaway is that Victoria needs to go. She’s had her chances and isn’t ready. I’m sure Kelli is trying to do her a favor by giving her extra chances, but she keeps blowing them. 

She might think she's doing her a favour, but in reality she's just enabling her and leading her down the garden path. it's actually borderline cruel, to let her go on thinking her behaviour is okay, that her immaturity is okay, that her over-familiarity with her bosses is okay. that she has a shot of the team this year. the girl needs a sharp, short, shock of consequences to her actions. which she might have gotten a taste of in the ep when Kelli said she was okay iwth cutting her, but not nearly enough. there needed to be actual consequences to blowing off jinelle and her bosses orders.  there needed to be real threats, real warnings. there needed to be some sort of dressing down for her treatment of Jinelle and medical professionals. there needed to be reference to her utterly cringe-worthy behaviour in the office...keeping her at this point is just stringing her along and letting her continue to think she has 'it' in spades and deserves a spot.  she doesnt'.  nobody does.  they have to earn it and she hasn't remotely and won't until she actually grows up and takes responsibility for herself and her behaviour

• Love 12
13 hours ago, rose711 said:

I guess she was relying on the panel interviews to see how they could handle themselves.

They can’t tell girls how to respond to every question. This was a test to see how they would react in live situations. How would they predict that Victoria would repeatedly say “I have no words.” I don’t know how they could give them a book to deal with these situations. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with media training AFTER they've been briefed or given information on how the DCC Organization wants them to handle hot topic questions; ie. concussions, #metoo, pay inequality...etc. How the girl's feel on these issue is largely irrelevant when they have to pay for the brand. Obviously their stories and history can stay authentic, but let's be real, they need the DCC approved answers too. Kelli, imo, does this so backwards. It's far more painful than it should be. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

I grew up in a Dallas Cowboys household back in the 70’s/80’s. I was thinking ‘72’ represented #72, Too Tall Jones who was a defensive end for the Cowboys back in the late 70’s. How I can remember that but not remember what I did yesterday???.....I just thought, if that was the correct answer, how would these girls know that?

Me too! Who could forget Too Tall?  He was a giant out there.  I guess we are dating ourselves.

Just to be extra silly tonight, does anyone know what brand the silver purse Kelli had in the closing scene was? I want that purse! 

Not much to add to the VK drama.  She's not happy with the discussion of her weight? I bet Malena isn't happy about the discussions about her memory issues either.  Suck it up, butter cup.  She's obviously not taking the weight issue seriously.  She was rude to a staff person/ alum cheerleader.  It's clear that VK is infected with a serious case of entitlement. Or she's just that dense that she can't see how her actions look to other people.  I wonder if she's the only child and her mother has told her how special she is all her life?

The media training is important.  You don't need to know about everything but you need to have a "that's a very topical discussion right now and I think it merits further investigation" kind of response.  Part of life is knowing how to say everything and nothing at the same time.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Kelli's definitely shutting down the "Kelli guaranteed VK a spot on the team" rumors by saying she will cut her

Is she though?? VK is still there. 

7 hours ago, jlc said:

I think I remember reading earlier on here that it was her choice. Lauren was uncomfortable with the photoshoot because of her job. She discussed it with Kelli, and she was allowed to go with her teammates, and just not do the actual photoshoot.

Shelly said it was “personal reasons” not sure if there was any other reliable insider knowledge, but I saw Shelly’s reply at some point.

3 hours ago, tanyak said:

Same here.

I, too, was confused about the flag football question. I know about the concussion issue in football and I know what flag football is. I thought Brenda was saying some folks want the nfl to transition to flag because it’s safer. So in that sense, I got what Amber was saying: I haven’t heard that either and it’s a silly idea. 

What was the “correct” answer?

I’m also confused, I’ve never heard this, and I have a hard time believing that this was suggested and is being discussed in any serious context. Because the idea IS laughable.

1 hour ago, rose711 said:

I honestly thought she tripped a little and covered it up with a little dance!’ I’ll have to rewatch at the kids naptime tomorrow!!

5 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with media training AFTER they've been briefed or given information on how the DCC Organization wants them to handle hot topic questions; ie. concussions, #metoo, pay inequality...etc. How the girl's feel on these issue is largely irrelevant when they have to pay for the brand. Obviously their stories and history can stay authentic, but let's be real, they need the DCC approved answers too. Kelli, imo, does this so backwards. It's far more painful than it should be. 

I don't find it that unfair or painful really. I don't see a problem with determining where the girls are, just how much polish they'll need, just determining a baseline before training starts, no different to a test in school on the first day to determine where your abilities best lie before starting in on the syllabus.  as well as seeing how they'd cope in a situation where they haven't been provided with a stock answer, how well do they improvise, how well do they think on their feet to come up with a form of answeer that's not 'I'm not familiar'

• Love 4
8 hours ago, DCCme said:

Snapchat is about the the only thing worse she could have said. Or I suppose “what is this news you speak of” would have been worse.

How hard is it to listen to NPR as you get ready in the morning or as you drive in the car. I know it's not as fun as dance mix tape #3, but you might sound a bit more intelligent in these situations.  That's easy, it doesn't require cable and it's free. Buy a 10 dollar radio for your bathroom, ladies.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

How hard is it to listen to NPR as you get ready in the morning or as you drive in the car. I know it's not as fun as dance mix tape #3, but you might sound a bit more intelligent in these situations.  That's easy, it doesn't require cable and it's free. Buy a 10 dollar radio for your bathroom, ladies.

HEll, you don't even need that, just pop your phone somewhere out of harms way and listen on that. actually skim a newspaper. pretend to be a functioning adult with the right to vote and actually make a choice in your coutry. ignorance isn't cute, especially in the information age.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, rose711 said:

Nah, Kelli told her on the way in that Victoria was in trroouubblle & was being called into the office that night for a beat down. ?

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

She might think she's doing her a favour, but in reality she's just enabling her and leading her down the garden path. it's actually borderline cruel, to let her go on thinking her behaviour is okay, that her immaturity is okay, that her over-familiarity with her bosses is okay. that she has a shot of the team this year. the girl needs a sharp, short, shock of consequences to her actions. which she might have gotten a taste of in the ep when Kelli said she was okay iwth cutting her, but not nearly enough. there needed to be actual consequences to blowing off jinelle and her bosses orders.  there needed to be real threats, real warnings. there needed to be some sort of dressing down for her treatment of Jinelle and medical professionals. there needed to be reference to her utterly cringe-worthy behaviour in the office...keeping her at this point is just stringing her along and letting her continue to think she has 'it' in spades and deserves a spot.  she doesnt'.  nobody does.  they have to earn it and she hasn't remotely and won't until she actually grows up and takes responsibility for herself and her behaviour

I agree. I think Kelli is hurting her long term, even within the DCC. If she makes the team, the other cheerleaders see firsthand what is going on. There would have to be some resentment. Every week she sticks around, she has to be burning more bridges within the organization. If she does get cut, it could end up hurting her chances next year. 

• Love 4

The MeToo Movement is also known as the (hashtag) #MeToo movement. 

If you are only getting news from Instagram, there’s still a high probability you would know about the MeToo movement. Otherwise you gotta start following new/better people. 

Sorry Taylor but that’s just embarrassing!

• Love 4

I don’t think the media training is just about testing the girls on what they know, although that is certainly is part of it. It is also testing their response to a question with which they aren’t totally familiar. There’s such a wide spectrum of topics that could come up at appearances. Gotta see how they react.

I know I mentioned this in my earlier post, but I feel it needs to be said again: the flag football comments from fans and media are being made in jest. Laughing is not an inappropriate response!!!!!!!!

• Love 3
Just now, vivianspoetry said:

I don’t think the media training is just about testing the girls on what they know, although that is certainly is part of it. It is also testing their response to a question with which they aren’t totally familiar. There’s such a wide spectrum of topics that could come up at appearances. Gotta see how they react.

I know I mentioned this in my earlier post, but I feel it needs to be said again: the flag football comments from fans and media are being made in jest. Laughing is not an inappropriate response!!!!!!!!

exaactly.  I don't see an issue with quizzing the girls like that before training because its like an assessment - how do they think on their feet, what is their general news knowledge like, how articulate are they, how much polishing do we need to do, and then getting down to actual training.  they want to see how well the girls can string a sentence together if they don't ahve a stock answer to  question asked at an event - which cannot be tightly controlled like a tv interview with pre-approved questions and talking points. at an event anybody can pretty much just ask anything and Kelli wanted to see hoow well the girls could improvise. i don't see aproblem

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

exaactly.  I don't see an issue with quizzing the girls like that before training because its like an assessment - how do they think on their feet, what is their general news knowledge like, how articulate are they, how much polishing do we need to do, and then getting down to actual training.  they want to see how well the girls can string a sentence together if they don't ahve a stock answer to  question asked at an event - which cannot be tightly controlled like a tv interview with pre-approved questions and talking points. at an event anybody can pretty much just ask anything and Kelli wanted to see hoow well the girls could improvise. i don't see aproblem

I always thought that was what the finals interview was for. I definitely think they need to give all of them a crash course in giving "politician" answers when asked hot topic/potentially controversial questions.

• Love 7
On 10/4/2018 at 11:03 PM, Loves2Dance said:

Judy is talking---that's refreshing.

This has bugged me for a long time.   What is up with Judy always having to sit on that "this isn't your office-you're not my equal " stool?   

Now that they are in the new place I'm surprised they even have those cheesy stools there at all, but apparently they're a necessity for the statement Kelly needs to make.  

And Kelly's "office" looks like a total afterthought.   No respect for her either- to be fair.

• Love 6

I too was shocked that TT did not know about #metoo but...  and correct me if  I'm wrong--- wasn't there a veteran named Heather that couldn't answer one question during panel interviews this year (including what does FBI stand for) and yet she made it back??    I've seen the most ignorant and vapid candidates make it into TC.  Yet they beat the hell out of the "50 yards" girl.   They're  pretty inconsistent and hypocritical.

Sane thing with kicks.  The young NJ "beee- YOU--ti-ful "  girl didn't kick above her waist in try-out;s but-- no matter-

And I can't help thinking about the vet who came to panel interviews wearing a dress with some cut-out's at the waist and was ripped apart  and dumped--yet the calendar and the little "fashion show"  in Mexico that year was approaching soft porn.  Don't get me wrong I like the calendars but they need to make up their mind about being demure young women one min and sex-pots the next when it works for them.  

Wasn't the calendar shot at Bimini at the beach?  Most of the featured/ covers had no back drop or looked like the ones with the fake drops they did at the studio.  The girls looked good but the shots looked like catalog shots.  Disappointed overall.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, seasick said:

And Kelly's "office" looks like a total afterthought.   No respect for her either- to be fair.

That’s not Kelli’s office.  It’s a conference room.  Shelly B. has explained that Kelli’s actual office is elsewhere.

• Love 6

I found Ambers response annoying maybe even over the metoo girl . How do you not know what flag football is ? Oh and I’m sorry this is petty and all but I can not stop staring at that deep set forehead wrinkle on Amber ?‍♀️ 

• Love 1

I liked how Taylor came in and brought the interview subject up herself during the first office visit and thought that showed potential.  She was obviously (very) rattled when they brought her in, yet still much more articulate than Victoria.  Not sure how old Taylor is, but she seems very young and maybe sheltered.  They should have paired her with one of the more articulate veterans, she seemed eager to learn. It's a joke how she was cut and not Victoria! 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, seasick said:

This has bugged me for a long time.   What is up with Judy always having to sit on that "this isn't your office-you're not my equal " stool?   

Now that they are in the new place I'm surprised they even have those cheesy stools there at all, but apparently they're a necessity for the statement Kelly needs to make.  

The stool is an inside joke. It has taken on a life of it's own, like it is a character on the show.  There has always been talk & jokes about Judy sitting on that stool. When they moved, they decided Judy always siitting on that stool was such a big part of the office scenes that they needed to bring it with them & continue the tradition.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, AAEBoiler said:

During the media training when VK kept repeating, "I have no words ... ", I was waiting for Kelli to whisper into her recorder, "Note to self, order more words for Victoria."

??????. Best thing I ever read on this forum. ???????

• Love 15
7 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I love this whole response! I 100% agree.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I thought about Judy dancing into the studio while I was doing stuff today. How great was that? She’s never done something like that since the show started...wonder why?????

Yes. When I saw her do that, I was this guy:

Screenshot_20181006-074753_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, jlc said:

I love this whole response! I 100% agree.

I do as well. The whole problem with this season AND this episode is Kelli and Judy are sllllloooowww about making what we perceive are obvious decisions. Even Muhlissuh remarked there were still so many TCC's.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 2

I no longer think the calendar is special. It used to be only 14 women made the calendar.... two for the front and back cover and the 12 months. Now, everybody is in the calendar because there’s 5 of them. I don’t know... just seems like overkill.

5 hours ago, Gigi88 said:

I found Ambers response annoying maybe even over the metoo girl . How do you not know what flag football is ? Oh and I’m sorry this is petty and all but I can not stop staring at that deep set forehead wrinkle on Amber ?‍♀️ 

I think the problem with Amber’s response is that Brenda gave her leading information by starting off with talking about injuries... it’s just a logical conclusion as to why the league has talked about doing flag football. Amber couldn’t connect the dots.

That being said, I’m a huge Cowboys fan and follow football and had no clue they’ve talked about changing to flag football. But I connected the dots based on what Brenda said earlier! Context clues! 

I’ve always wanted to poll DCC over the years and find out how many have been asked questions like this IRL. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

I think, if you are going to ask these girls current news questions, maybe a better way to do it is to start asking them questions at the beginning of training camp. See how they respond. That will help get them prepared for more questions. Continue to ask question as as the weeks progress. Those that struggle will help K/J know that they won’t make good ambassadors for the team. The ‘metoo’ question...she should have known...the flag football question...they would have cut me instantly. I would have had that ‘deer in the head headlight’ look. I know what flag football is but not anything else about it regarding concussions or injuries. 

Edited by Pksbena1
Extra word deleted
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Maven said:

I can't fathom why Victoria turned to "people who have struggled with weight" instead of taking advice from someone who hasn't struggled with her weight.

I don't believe she did - I think this is another excuse! (and a lie).

15 hours ago, Kayce said:

I happen to think the same thing.

So does that mean she didn't love Dayton? 

10 hours ago, WinkyFace said:

Is she though?? VK is still there. 

Yes, is she??? If she really wanted to shut those rumors down, she would have been cut three weeks ago!

• Love 2

I thought when Victoria said she looked to people that have struggled with weight she meant her Mom. I can see her mom being upset it’s the Jinelle offer of help. When Jinelle first offers to help and Kelli says “deal?” , Victoria agrees and seems happy enough. I feel that she is comfortable enough with Kelli to say right there that she wants someone else.

Possibly she thought it was all a show for tv and not something she was supposed to do? I dunno. The whole exchange is confusing due to the highly edited nature of the scene.

I don’t see how she could gain 11 pounds in training camp and think she’s going to be ok on the team without some sort of belief that she will make it no matter what she does.

• Love 5

The editing this season is terrible. The scene with Kristin where she's offered another chance was nonsensical. You never see her asking for another chance yet Kelli gives her one.

The Victoria scene was also incomprehensible. It actually made Janelle look like a whiney jerk. The Taylor sequence also seemingly went that she was a great dancer, then sucked at media training and then was suddenly a bad dancer.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, cfinboston said:

The editing this season is terrible. The scene with Kristin where she's offered another chance was nonsensical. You never see her asking for another chance yet Kelli gives her one.

The Victoria scene was also incomprehensible. It actually made Janelle look like a whiney jerk. The Taylor sequence also seemingly went that she was a great dancer, then sucked at media training and then was suddenly a bad dancer.

I couldn’t agree more. The editing has been disjointed and choppy and, as you said, even nonsensical. 

It seemed like Kristen was cut and then somehow she wasn’t cut. 

I don’t think Jinelle looked bad. All she said was professional and calm. I believe she truly wanted to help Victoria and put time and effort in to do so.

But youre right, the edit lacked the outrage of Kelli and Judy on Jinelle’s behalf or even explaining Victoria’s dishonesty. It didn’t really back up Jinelle doing her job well and getting ignored.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 11

I’m getting really sick and tired of seeing Icktoria’s apron flapping about when she dances.

The weight gain appears to be affecting her dance - it looks like she is attempting to hide it or limit the jiggle by dancing small.

Her attitude is an absolute disgrace - how is she STILL there?

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I don’t see how she could gain 11 pounds in training camp and think she’s going to be ok on the team without some sort of belief that she will make it no matter what she does.

Exactly!!!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

I’m getting really sick and tired of seeing Icktoria’s apron flapping about when she dances.

The weight gain appears to be affecting her dance - it looks like she is attempting to hide it or limit the jiggle by dancing small.

OMG!!! Icktoria!!! ??? I love it!!! 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

I made the mistake of going back and watching tryouts. I had forgotten Charlotte and Kelli reaction to Victoria falling out of her turns was “awww.” 

Its no wonder she has this terrible attitude. She has been getting a pass on everything. 

I wonder what her score from the judges really was - we know Jay gave her maybe and the weather guy a maybe or a no.

i agree the weight gain has to be affecting her dance, it’s so visible even when she’s sitting and talking. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I made the mistake of going back and watching tryouts. I had forgotten Charlotte and Kelli reaction to Victoria falling out of her turns was “awww.” 

Its no wonder she has this terrible attitude. She has been getting a pass on everything.

Honestly, with Kitty being the only sticker she had, I really wonder what her score from the judges was. We know Jay gave her a maybe and the weather guy gave her a no or a maybe. 

And who can forget Brenda’s tears. Probably another yes there.

I thought one of the guest choreographers loved her too (forget his name) but perhaps not given the lack of sticker from him !

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

And who can forget Brenda’s tears. Probably another yes there.

I thought one of the guest choreographers loved her too (forget his name) but perhaps not given the lack of sticker from him !

That was Travis Wall.  He seemed to think he could easily have cut 9 girls there and then.  I wish they showed who he would have cut.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I thought it was because she knew VK was in trouble. 

• Love 5

There are two types of public appearances - chatter (like the nursing home) and more formal interviews.  For the more formal interviews, I think they do need some training.  They need some guidance on the DCC public position.  However, I think the real problem with Amber and Taylor was BRENDA.  She is so unprofessional!  She tries to be "hard hitting" - she's not.  The topics were both perfect; I have no problem with that.  She just asked them in a convoluted way.  Yes, that will happen sometimes even though most news people are more professional than Brenda.  Kelli should have taken that in to account before judging Amber.  Amber just wasn't that bad.  I still can't stand up for how Taylor responded, but she might have done a little better if Brenda had been professional.  (However, I do think Taylor's approach in the follow up with Kelli was so wonderful and really made Victoria's lack of addressing things stand out!)

• Love 14

Yes!!! Taylor addressed Kelli with a ton of professionalism.

Can see that VK just didn't fit when they were dancing in the studio. 

Thank you Judy for finally talking or at least the edit is showing her voice. 

Nice to meet Caroline. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Gigi88 said:

how did this thing that amber doesn't know what flag football start? that's a complete nonsense.  she never said she didn't knnow what it is, just that she hadn't heard that starting a flag football team was a speculation. she knew what flag football was

• Love 11