Type keyword(s) to search

S13 E10: The Next Level

ByTor
  • Start Topic

NO SPOILERS! Discuss what happened during the episode ONLY. Be civil, there is no need to agree or reach consensus. Everyone is allowed their own opinion. Use the ignore feature if a poster is bothering you but isn't posting against the rules. Report, don't engage. NO SPOILERS!

• Love 1

I couldn't tell in the sea of blondes but was anybody comforting VK after her name was announced for office visit or where they all just comforting Taylor T? I know VK walked away, which didn't look great...

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, toopastel said:

I couldn't tell in the sea of blondes but was anybody comforting VK after her name was announced for office visit or where they all just comforting Taylor T? I know VK walked away, which didn't look great...

Well I didn’t notice any TCC comforting her after the office visit right away. Just some of the vets

• Love 3

Well, not a shocker there on Victoria- she is beautiful I think, and has talent as a dancer, but her immaturity has been obvious. I was surprised to hear Kelli say she needs to go figure out who Victoria really is, and start treating this like a job...sounds like she really was seeing what was happening.

• Love 19

Clearly she should have communicated with Jinelle and I doubt anyone else would have gotten away with that disrespect. I bet they edited the heck out of that. Whatever happened, she did at least seem very apologetic, which surprised me.

• Love 9

Victoria is the epitome of immaturity, but so is Taylor T. Unfortunately, that shined for her during media day. This is why instagram is not a news source unless you follow actual news organizations that link to longer articles. I know I have unfollowed a lot of friends and family on various SM avenues because I can not take the constant political crap that goes back and forth. I have to seek out impartial coverage and that isn't always easy. 

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

This is why instagram is not a news source unless you follow actual news organizations that link to longer articles.

I like Taylor T, pretty girl, but really surprised she hadn't heard anything about a women's issue like "me too".  Enrich your world and read a few headlines :)

Edited by Mardo2044
Typo
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I like Taylor T, pretty girl, but really surprised she hadn't heard anything about a women's issue like "me too".  Enrich your world and read a few headlines :)

I think she tried to explain in her interview that she did know about it, but froze and got confused. I think part of the problem with Media Day is that the DCC doesn't feed them their lines yet. How Taylor T may feel about #metoo and what the DCC wanted her to say about #metoo is enough to cause most people to pause unless they've been trained. While Media Day makes for a great CMT storyline, I think it should be part of their summer training. If they want more than just dancers, train them as more than just dancers. 

• Love 24

Loved Judy's green top, beautiful sleeves. 

Not much seemed to happen this episode.  Although I did get a thrill when they were doing the triangle choreography. Cool stuff. ?I

Yes, make it sadder by playing that Gaga song ?

All the cover girls were beautiful!  Did they not use that photographer for the cameos? 

Edited by Ninamags
Keep remembering stuff ☺️
  • Love 5

Taylor T took her cut well and it'll be interesting to see if she comes back. 

Honestly, I wish they would just cut Victoria. There has not been a single episode where she has shown what it takes to have the full package and I am disappointed in CMT for glossing over her situation with Jinelle. Anyone else would have been cut that night.

Judy is talking---that's refreshing.

I don't feel like this episode did anything though. We lost Taylor T and while sad, the episode was a bore. 

• Love 17

It was definitely odd that they gave a talking head moment to Kelli regarding a “miscommunication” between Victoria and Jinelle. I was giddy with excitement and anticipation but I just found it bizarre that she was talking about it on top of that weird platform!

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Honestly, I wish they would just cut Victoria. There has not been a single episode where she has shown what it takes to have the full package and I am disappointed in CMT for glossing over her situation with Jinelle. Anyone else would have been cut that night

Because she is TCC, Yes completely agree.  But Chelsea with "toxic" episode Danielle was also part of it, came back and apologized to Kelli and kept her position.  So it does help to be apologetic and do better. From what they showed VK was apologetic and I guess because of her connections it was enough for Kelli.

• Love 1

Wow, don't know why there are no cuts!  Okay, 1, but I would debate on others that could have gone before her.  Kelli seems to be dragging her feet for some reason.  It makes the progression of the show lag and lose excitement and momentum.

• Love 7

Also did anyone notice that Victorias hair was different the day after she was called out about ignoring Jinelle?

It seemed as though she had washed and straightened and combed her hair. It looked flat but not nearly as messy as it usually does. I wonder if Kelli or Judy said something about it. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, SSAHotchner said:

I've stayed out of the discussions on her up to now, but when they let her selfish, immature behavior slide AGAIN, it really ticked me off. They cut others for the tiniest reasons sometimes and this one shoots her mouth off week after week and gets away with it. And they never let the cameras focus on her for more than a few seconds unless it's just her face that is showing. Tonight it looked like her shorts were falling down with the way her stomach was hanging over them. Seriously, why couldn't Kelli just go to her mother and say, "Sorry, I know you had your hopes up for Victoria this season, but she's physically not up to the challenge. It would be better for her to take a year to get in shape and then audition next year." So she has long legs! She also has a big mouth and doesn't know when to close it. 

I'm not disagreeing with your assessment, by any means, but Victoria is trying out to be a DCC not Tina. Neither Kelli nor Judy should be consulting Tina on anything related to Vicky in training camp. As Kelli finally said tonight, this is preparing for a job and you would not call someone's mom to tell them they weren't hired. That whole situation is too muddled as it is, frankly, they should have just told Victoria she needed more time and released her. She's not ready. She's certainly won't be ready by game day. 

• Love 14
Just now, Loves2Dance said:

I'm not disagreeing with your assessment, by any means, but Victoria is trying out to be a DCC not Tina. Neither Kelli nor Judy should be consulting Tina on anything related to Vicky in training camp. As Kelli finally said tonight, this is preparing for a job and you would not call someone's mom to tell them they weren't hired. That whole situation is too muddled as it is, frankly, they should have just told Victoria she needed more time and released her. She's not ready. She's certainly won't be ready by game day. 

Oh, I understand what you're saying. It's just that I feel the only reason Kelli is letting Victoria get away with so much crap is out of friendship and loyalty to Tina. Pretty much everyone here who's been watching thinks she's not right for the team. If she's more worried about hurting Tina's feelings she should have leveled with her in private. She certainly was able to get rid of Dayton quick enough. 

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, SSAHotchner said:

Oh, I understand what you're saying. It's just that I feel the only reason Kelli is letting Victoria get away with so much crap is out of friendship and loyalty to Tina. Pretty much everyone here who's been watching thinks she's not right for the team. If she's more worried about hurting Tina's feelings she should have leveled with her in private. She certainly was able to get rid of Dayton quick enough. 

True, but I don't think Kelli and Shelly are blood sisters for life. Though, knowing Shelly had no warning or heads up, when/if Kelli finally puts Vicky's head on the chopping block, I hope Tina gets the same courtesy. 

• Love 4

Khaylan your legs went on for days in the sexy walk during the triangle formation dance ! Congrats to Judy for doing a triangle formation with more than 36 {getting tired of only having 36}

• Love 23

I feel like Kelli needs to be an adult with VK instead of passing the buck to others. “The guest choreographers aren’t noticing you (or are noticing the weight gain)” and “are you getting a lot of pressure from home” just seem like Kelli is tiptoeing around what she really NEEDS to say to VK. 

• Love 18

Gaga's 'Million Reasons' was very ironic as an epilogue for the episode after Taylor T got cut. Only because TT made one big mistake and I agree she should have been cut but to not cut Vika is infuriating. LITERALLY Vika has given them a million reasons to let her go...a million reasons to quit the show....

It's absurdly unacceptable that this girl is still in this camp, no one that we are aware of has been given 1 iota the chance (other than that Julia Robert's girl a few years back...but they eventually cut her twice at least) The face and belly weight is a CLEAR sign of horrible eating habits that she refuses to take responsibility for. I'm sorry but I know this look she's pullin, she looks like a malnourished baby African child, skinny arms and legs, jiggly belly and chipmunk cheeks and chin clearly visible when she dances. And its infuriating because its an insult in so many ways to everyone who's ever been a DCC, auditioned, works or is involved in the organization, and quite honestly to the fans of the Cowboys and the DCC and their show.

You don't need to understand 'clean eating' (though there is this thing called Google Search, or if you can't be bothered with the effort to type simply ask your phone 'Alexa' or 'Hey Google' to explain the clean eating concept and it will 100% fix that one of a million excuses Vika uses) just common sense to know how bad it is to binge eat one time a day after practice. There is NO WAY she is going to be ready for cameos. Just no way. So why waste anyone's time/money/energy if she's not doing it herself. She being out danced, out sassed, and out classed made clear by the media training.

And I love how they bring Starr Spangler in to rehearsal and after saying there is too many girls is literally just shown sitting there legs crossed giving no feedback but being told what to think by Kelli and clearly just being used as the older hot chick. Fn #metoo Melissa metoo. One of the million reasons I'm fired up.

Plus I have a feeling I think they are setting us up for either; a one on one hunger games dance off of similar girls with the loser goes home, or one bloodbath pandemonium inducing EOY cut, OR one shocking and heartbreaking last cut; my guess Erin, Brennan, or Jalynn. My gut says something about JLN's body type may not look great in the uni. Very long torso with a very long neck and awful hair may be the end of that. 

Edited by STLComet
Sp errors, spelt Melissa Rycroft old stripper name wrong
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Teresa said:

They must be either taking more than 36 or planning a mass cut very soon! 

They keep talking about how many they have, but then hardly cut anyone.  When the cut 1 tonight, I said, "1 down, 5 to go..."

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Ema said:

Who’s faces are the ones blurred on the wall?? And why? 

Its the way the camera angles and focus settings. The contrast 3m mode loses some of the bigger faces. It was discussed on here in an earlier episode thread. 

• Love 3

"72" was a good guess on Roger Stuabauch's age... He is 76. I don't think the person who said his name was referring to his jersey -as they probably passed an image or two of him just getting to the room where they had the meeting.

FYI - Here are the jersey nbrs breakdown:

A jersey-numbering system was initially launched by the National Football League on April 5, 1973. The system assigned certain ranges of numbers to each player position from which a player could choose. Here are the original numbers from 1973. They've changed a little, but not much. 

• 1 - 19: Quarterbacks, punters, and kickers
  • 20 - 49: Running backs and defensive backs 
  • 50 - 59: Centers (or 60-79 if this range is taken) 
  • 60 - 79: Defensive linemen and offensive linemen
  • 80 - 89: Receivers and tight ends (or 40-49 if this range is taken)
  • 90 - 99: Defensive linemen and linebackers
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Clearly she should have communicated with Jinelle and I doubt anyone else would have gotten away with that disrespect. I bet they edited the heck out of that. Whatever happened, she did at least seem very apologetic, which surprised me.

So edited!  When Kelli was in the field tower thing, she mentioned “not accusing anybody of dishonesty but there’s something that’s not adding up”.  In the office, Kelli says she’s concerned about VK’s “communication and honesty”.  So obviously VK was the liar. They just didn’t show what the lie was. 

Her immaturity shows and I’m glad Kelli seems to be getting it.  I liked her office meeting because she started out very flip then seemed to get that Kelli was giving her a come to Jesus moment. I guess we’ll see if she can turn it around. 

1 minute ago, Teresa said:

I was guessing that the significance of the number 72 was the Cowboys first Superbowl win in 1972.

No, it was 72 days since the vets had gone to the swimsuit shoot. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, bitsy123 said:

Yay Brittany Evans! I really do like these Where Are They Now segments this year!

Ugh - I didn’t like hers at all.  She just seemed so fake and bubbleheaded.   How does an adult woman talk like that in real life?  She sounds like she’s doing a Disney Princess voice for a group of 4 year olds.   I just find it really strange how she talks, like it’s an act.   She was a great dancer though.

• Love 12