Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E05: Week 3: Most Memorable Night

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, LoveDance said:

Totally agree. ...Bobby Bones can jump and run on a bed after he's been a complete asshole most of the season.  That makes him awesome. He can't dance he can only take off his glasses and rub his eyes fake crying. Ugh  we were laughing our asses off at how stupid that dance was.  

I used to teach ballroom dancing many years ago, and I remember when the staff would gather round and watch actual DanceSport competitions whenever PBS aired them.  I've often wondered whether they still do that with DWTS and use it as an object lesson for what NOT to do with or to their students.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, spanana said:

I have a hard time getting worked up over Bobby when Joe could take a dump on the dance floor and get through despite having zero ability.  

Three weeks and three women gone while bad to mediocre men skate through. I knew Nancy was a goner but still bummed. I actually think I’m enjoying Jrs. more.

Also a couple of other things...viewers should be glad they haven’t put Joe in jeopardy. It would rile up his fans to vote more.  

I was also supremely pissed that Erin managed to make Nancy’s interview about her life and her MMY about Val and Jenna.  This is not the Val and Jenna engagement show.

The trios are a shit show. The pairings are weird and it strongly indicates to me they couldn’t find nearly enough past contestants willing to come back so some people got practically random people off the street.  And Alexis, who I also suspect is not killing it in the votes, is being given the gift of Maddie’s fan base for one week.

Sorry I don't even watch the show live, I just saw a couple of dances on youtube and I accidently clicked on the horrendous choreography for Bobby's contemporary. It sucked a thousand donkey sucks. Sharna hasn't much to work with, but that stunk. 

• Love 1

WTF with Tinashe being in jeorpardy? She isn't cocky. God knows what America's problem with her is.

Please let Joe and Bobby go next week. You know Joe and his fake GF are going to be broken up in a few months. I don't think anyone is buying the Val and Jenna show either.

OMG Juan Pablo was good! I like Evanna as well. She is adorable and gets better every week. I like Demarcus, but I want someone besides a football player to win. Milo rocks as well.

LOL when Joe Blows came on everyone in my house got up to take a bathroom break. My MIL who is 80 laughed her ass off at Bobby's "routine." She was also pissed that Joe went over Nancy.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

I've always loved Nancy and was so excited to see her on the show and to root for her. But she always seemed so timid and lost in the shuffle and I just couldn't put my finger on what it was. Then I read a comment a little while ago that really nailed it --- she didn't seem to want to be there. I don't know if it was her fractured foot or feeling forced to do the show, but while she wasn't outwardly negative like other contestants have been, she just didn't seem to have any enthusiasm for the whole process and Val seemed to pick up on that right away. I do give him kudos for not checking out on her like his brother would have done.

I don't agree with this at all.  I think she wanted to be there to some extent.  I think the bigger issue, which I've said a few times, is Nancy is the not the personality you would expect to sign up to do this show.  I was honestly floored when she was announced because I assumed it would be Lisa Whelchel.  Nancy is a very private and to herself person, to the point that I don't think a picture of her kids even existed on the internet until this show.  She's reserved and her various co-stars have said as much.  So I don't think she's the person to instantly come into a setting like this and come alive with personality.  She's nice and low drama and she's probably going to keep her head down and keep to herself.  Nothing wrong with that in real life, but doesn't make for fantastic DWTS viewing. 

I also don't agree necessarily that Val picked up on her non enthusiasm.  They seem to get along well and have fun together, or as much fun as Val was going to have dancing with someone that is technically old enough to be his mother (though IMO she doesn't really look old enough to be his mother).  I think just when Val knows he has no real shot at winning, he backs off socials and since she also didn't really do social media, he couldn't just attach himself to that train.  Val is often used to getting partners that come in with their own huge young fanbases that live online.  Obviously Nancy wasn't going to have that.

I know we saw Nancy's hubby/kids, but was her brother Philip ever shown?  How about the FOL cast?  Just saw her elimination last night, haven't watched much.

She was only on for three weeks so I don't think they really had the chance to get there.  If she had made her MMY about Facts or her career than I'm guessing maybe some talking heads from the cast and maybe her brother.  They had Lisa, Kim and Mindy wish her luck on the GMA show before the season started and Kim has been posting voting support and tweets/instagram posts about her being on the show.  I'm not sure any of them are actively in LA...I think Kim lives in Atlanta.  But no, no sign of Phil.  Maybe if she had made trios, they could have found a way to try and get Kim Fields to come for that.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, spanana said:

I also don't agree necessarily that Val picked up on her non enthusiasm.  They seem to get along well and have fun together, or as much fun as Val was going to have dancing with someone that is technically old enough to be his mother (though IMO she doesn't really look old enough to be his mother).  I think just when Val knows he has no real shot at winning, he backs off socials and since she also didn't really do social media, he couldn't just attach himself to that train.  Val is often used to getting partners that come in with their own huge young fanbases that live online.  Obviously Nancy wasn't going to have that.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't knocking Val for it. And maybe you're right about her just being a low-key personality. He didn't seem to have a problem with it or with her...he just didn't seem as enthusiastic as usual. That could also have something to do with his role changing on the show, between not touring anymore to do his own tours, missing out on the athlete's season because he was doing his own tour, and now being a judge on the kids show. And, of course, no longer being the hot single guy who generates huge new fan bases every season from the shippers.

I still find it interesting that they went with Val, a current pro, to judge a show where all the other current pros are acting as mentors. Maks has done everything but tattoo across his chest that he wants a judging position and they've passed him up twice now in favor of others. But they also could have gone with someone like Tony or Louis or Anna, who are older and not really part of this generation of pros. Since the show was pre-taped in a few weeks it wasn't that huge of a commitment, and all have expressed their interest in judging the show.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, boyznkatz said:

Who are Jordan Kimball and Scarlet Byrne? And why should we care about them?

Jordan Kimball was on the Bachelor/Bachelor in Paradise with Joe.   Scarlet Byrne was in the Harry Potter movies with Evanna.   I honestly don't know why they would be chosen to be in the trio.  It feels a bit disrespectful to the viewers that the trios are so uneven this year.  

I really liked Juan Pablo's dance but I think a perfect score is a bit early.   It was right in his wheelhouse and of course, he nailed it.   I loved Evanna's and Tinashe dances too.  If I voted, I would cast my votes their way.  

• Love 4
Just now, Toonces464 said:

I still find it interesting that they went with Val, a current pro, to judge a show where all the other current pros are acting as mentors. Maks has done everything but tattoo across his chest that he wants a judging position and they've passed him up twice now in favor of others. But they also could have gone with someone like Tony or Louis or Anna, who are older and not really part of this generation of pros. Since the show was pre-taped in a few weeks it wasn't that huge of a commitment, and all have expressed their interest in judging the show.

I think DWTS has started to wise up to the fact that Maks isn't as big of a draw as he used to be in terms of fanbase, and to them Val is more popular and probably popular with a younger demo.  So I totally understand why they wanted Val as a judge over Maks or some of the older pros.  They were looking at it from a standpoint of ratings, not that I think any one judge really brings in ratings.  I also could see Val negotiating that he would only do the show as a judge.  Also at least in the first show, he wasn't a bad judge.  My only eye roll moment was him finding a way to slightly inflate the Palin kid's score over another dancer that did a little better, because of course Jenna.  Adam Rippon is the one on that judging panel I'd remove.  I generally don't care for Mandy Moore as a choreographer, but I thought she was a decent and specific judge with being encouraging while also giving actual constructive criticism.

And to bring it back to this show, the only trios I have any interest in seeing are Demarcus/Rashad and Riker/Milo.  The rest of them are weird and the Maddie one just makes me eyeroll.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, spanana said:

And to bring it back to this show, the only trios I have any interest in seeing are Demarcus/Rashad and Riker/Milo.  The rest of them are weird and the Maddie one just makes me eyeroll.

They sure pimp those Ziegler kids a lot. Do they have future jobs on ABC???

• Love 3

Again, I would eat my shoe if Tinashe & Brandon were actually 9th, or 10th and in real jeopardy. More than likely, they are sitting IDK....maybe 5th (after DeMarcus, Juan Pablo, Bobby (who think has a legion of fans voting) and maybe Evanna who I can't quite figure where she falls. Milo should be in the upper mix too. Or maybe they are even higher at 3rd or 4th.

But this was clearly a wake up call for Tinashe's fans to vote a little more enthusiastically in the weeks to come so we don't get a Heather Morris redux, or another Sabrina Bryant ridiculously early elimination.

The other issue is that with Joe and Bobby, it's almost irrelevant to what judges scores they receive....so the show can make them look as vulnerable as they can while it's on, but in actuality they are pretty much bulletproof for a few more weeks.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, spanana said:

I think DWTS has started to wise up to the fact that Maks isn't as big of a draw as he used to be in terms of fanbase, and to them Val is more popular and probably popular with a younger demo.  So I totally understand why they wanted Val as a judge over Maks or some of the older pros.  They were looking at it from a standpoint of ratings, not that I think any one judge really brings in ratings.  I also could see Val negotiating that he would only do the show as a judge.  Also at least in the first show, he wasn't a bad judge.  My only eye roll moment was him finding a way to slightly inflate the Palin kid's score over another dancer that did a little better, because of course Jenna.  Adam Rippon is the one on that judging panel I'd remove.  I generally don't care for Mandy Moore as a choreographer, but I thought she was a decent and specific judge with being encouraging while also giving actual constructive criticism.

If Val had mentored, they still would have had him and his appeal on the show. And since he does so much teaching with kids, and claims to love it so much, I don't know why he wouldn't have wanted to do that. 

Adam Rippon as a judge was a dumb idea. I don't know why they're suddenly cramming all these former contestants/winners into doing things for the show. In the past, there were plenty of contestants I would have loved to see come back for a special guest dance or appearance, but they never did anything like that. Now we've got Rippon, Frankie, Jordan and Rashad all involved with the show. And, of course, Erin replacing Brooke (though I actually said after her season I could see Erin becoming the co-host.....just surprised it took as long as it did). 

I'm very curious to see how Amy Purdy does. I like Amy and think she did a wonderful job during her season but I've always wondered how much of that was because of Derek's talent and huge fan base. I'll be interested to see how she does without those factors. I will admit I'm shocked.....SHOCKED.....we're not getting Alfonso in a trio! LOL

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I will admit I'm shocked.....SHOCKED.....we're not getting Alfonso in a trio! LOL

I think Rashad is quickly becoming the new Alfonso.

Yeah, I'm still scratching my head over why all these ex-contestants keep hanging around. Can they find nothing on their own? I would like to see some of the ex-pros come back. I know Tony, Derek and Mark have moved on to bigger things, but Lacey, Chelsie, or Tristan would be nice.

• Love 8

I've only watched a couple of seasons and am wondering if someone can answer some questions for me:

1. How are the partners determined? Do they draw names out of a hat or is it more strategic?

2. How do they determine who dances which dance at that time? It seems unfair that some of the harder dances have to be done on the first night.

• Love 2

I am going put in my two cents worth on the POC postings. I don't look at color, I vote for who I like best. The year of James Hinchcliffe I never thought of voting for anyone else....I loved James! Through the years, that is how I voted(don't bother voting anymore because I was so sad when James lost, I don't want to get that involved again). I have nothing against Tinashe  and Brandon but their dances while good, have not been stand outs for me. I love Milo's dances because he seems so joyous when dancing and even though he isn't the greatest dancer, I like watching John. Mary Lou has surprised me...improving each week. That is another part of it...Tinashe and Brandon started out so well, that they almost have no where to go. I like watching progress. That said, I hope that Joe progresses off my screen...then I will like almost all of the dancers and will have a fun two hours of dancing!

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, funandfitpt said:

I've only watched a couple of seasons and am wondering if someone can answer some questions for me:

1. How are the partners determined? Do they draw names out of a hat or is it more strategic?

2. How do they determine who dances which dance at that time? It seems unfair that some of the harder dances have to be done on the first night.

It's all decided by producers.  A celeb can request a certain partner, but I don't think it's necessarily granted a lot of the time unless the celeb in question is considered a big get to the producers and therefore they will give them their request in order to get them to sign.  Otherwise, a lot of it is based on height, body type and general personality.  Height is probably the biggest issue routinely.  Sasha being shorter can only be comfortably partnered with the shorter women.  Taller women celebs need the taller male pros, etc.  Sometimes location and travel can come into play.  If a gymnast or ice skater is doing a tour at the same time, then the pro needs to to be available to travel with them.  And the more sinister side of that is that producers can certainly play towards which pros they want to have good partners from season to season.

And the dancing order is also generally producer manipulation.  Sometimes it's necessary, dependent on sets needed for certain dances and what the crew needs in order to make things happen.  But more often than not it's one of the easy ways producers can help manipulate votes to an extent.  People they want to bury often routinely go 2nd or 3rd (especially in the early going).  Celebs they want to pimp go last, and definitely later in the show.  That kind of thing.

Lol...separately Jenna is a piece of work.  So of course the show set her up with that interview re: Val not picking 2018 as his most memorable year.  But so far I've seen her say zilch about Nancy/Val getting kicked off other than to say that Val will have more free time which is good and we should all vote for Joe.  Of course I expect her to pimp for votes, but she's pretty much pretending Nancy doesn't exist and just posting kissy face photos of herself with Val.  A part of me almost feels bad for her that she is SOOO in this relationship and Val is Val.  I hope she sincerely doesn't regret this in five years when she has two kids and Val is off being Val. 

Edited by spanana
  • Love 5
Just now, spanana said:

It's all decided by producers.  A celeb can request a certain partner, but I don't think it's necessarily granted a lot of the time unless the celeb in question is considered a big get to the producers and therefore they will give them their request in order to get them to sign.  Otherwise, a lot of it is based on height, body type and general personality.  Height is probably the biggest issue routinely.  Sasha being shorter can only be comfortably partnered with the shorter women.  Taller women celebs need the taller male pros, etc.  Sometimes location and travel can come into play.  If a gymnast or ice skater is doing a tour at the same time, then the pro needs to to be available to travel with them.  And the more sinister side of that is that producers can certainly play towards which pros they want to have good partners from season to season.

And the dancing order is also generally producer manipulation.  Sometimes it's necessary, dependent on sets needed for certain dances and what the crew needs in order to make things happen.  But more often than not it's one of the easy ways producers can help manipulate votes to an extent.  People they want to bury often routinely go 2nd or 3rd (especially in the early going).  Celebs they want to pimp go last, and definitely later in the show.  That kind of thing.

Thank you so much @spanana.

1 minute ago, funandfitpt said:

Thank you so much @spanana.

Just to add to that, the performance order should switch up week to week.  If Mary Lou dances first this week, then in theory she should have placement in the second half of the show next week.  You generally won't find the same person going last two weeks in a row.  However you can get a sense of how invested DWTS is in a celeb/pro pairing by their general placement week to week.  If somebody regularly dances first or second, not a great thing.  If it's a mix, not a big deal.

Also dance placement matters much less at the end of the season when there aren't many couples left.  It's really only important early on when there are so many couples that it's easy to forget people.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, spanana said:

A part of me almost feels bad for her that she is SOOO in this relationship and Val is Val.  I hope she sincerely doesn't regret this in five years when she has two kids and Val is off being Val. 

She'll be able to commiserate with her sister-in-law since I suspect by then Maks will once again be off being Maks LOL

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, spanana said:

This is why Milo always going so early is worrying me. Based on social media he's getting a great response but I suspect the votes may tell otherwise. Off the top of my head I remember Alfonso and Nyle always going so late in the show and/or going last. It got annoying after a while but I figured they must have been kicking ass in the votes.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

She'll be able to commiserate with her sister-in-law since I suspect by then Maks will once again be off being Maks LOL

Even years from now, Maks will be kicking himself for not being able to score with an A-lister like Jennifer Lopez. LOL.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Honestly feel like they were both given people that they didn't think would last long so that they can focus on wedding planning and other ventures. I also never saw what was is attractive about Maks or Val. Both a rather odd looking and I've seen better bodies and dancing

• Love 3
14 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Loved Milo's performance. Although reading that tweet he made about hurting his leg made me worried about that very high back flip. That said, much as I loved the number, I can't be the only one who noticed that Witney jacked a bunch of elements from Amber and Derek's freestyle which was danced to the same song. I guess she's banking on most not remembering the dance since it was many seasons ago. But since I loved Amber and that freestyle remains one of my favorite from all the seasons, I noticed this right away. 

Yes! I’m only a casual DWTS watcher, but I’m a big Amber fan and have actually watched that dance on YouTube recently, just because I love it so much. The similarities were obvious. I do like Milo, though, and hope he does well. 

Edited by dlyn
1 minute ago, catrice2 said:

Honestly feel like they were both given people that they didn't think would last long so that they can focus on wedding planning and other ventures. I also never saw what was is attractive about Maks or Val. Both a rather odd looking and I've seen better bodies and dancing

Maks is hot and has a good body, but you know, Val has an odd body for a dancer and I can't put my finger on it. He's thick around the middle. Not hot, IMO.

7 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

This is why Milo always going so early is worrying me. Based on social media he's getting a great response but I suspect the votes may tell otherwise. Off the top of my head I remember Alfonso and Nyle always going so late in the show and/or going last. It got annoying after a while but I figured they must have been kicking ass in the votes.

I was wondering about this myself. I find myself losing interest as the evening wears on, because the good people are going early. Bobby is always going at the end, and I can't imagine why anyone would stay up to watch him.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, friendperidot said:

I didn't even get halfway through The Outlander first book, hated it. 

Okay, way off topic, but thank you!!!  I thought I was the only person in the world who hated it.  Nice to know I'm not alone.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Even years from now, Maks will be kicking himself for not being able to score with an A-lister like Jennifer Lopez. LOL.

Even worse, that Derek scored the big gig with JLo on WoD while Maks is hosting Chamber of Commerce Awards Dinners LOL

11 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

That makes sense since I suspect they will do another tour and use the engagement to keep people buying tickets, whether Jenna is allowed to do it with them or not. They don't have many more of those we are family tours in them since ticket sales weren't very good for the last one.

Maks used to be very good looking when he had a beard or stubble with an incredible body but he ruined it when he got that ridiculous tattoo. And that clean-shaven look he's been sporting lately makes him look like Mr. Potato Head LOL. I've never found Val to be that attractive but I think he's a more genuine person than Maks. I used to love to watch Maks dance while Val's dancing never did that much for me.....however, I saw them on their first Maks & Val tour and Maks has definitely lost a lot of his touch. Val was so much better. And let's not forget when they previewed the show on that season's finale and Maks tried to jump over one of the other dancers and couldn't do it. That was a train wreck.

• Love 2

By the middle of Juan Pablo's dance, I was all, okay, this show can end. Give this guy the mirror ball NOW. Yowza, I was mesmerized. Me likee that very much. I give it a 10 also. Or more.

Meanwhile, I knew Joe's memorable year would be when he "found love" because that's what all the Bachelor contestants say. I has to be in their contracts. I wish he would have said something else. ANYTHING else. My private opinion is ABC got him back with Kendall so he could do DWTS to fulfill his contract to the people who currently own him. They'll be splitsville once their allotted time is up.

I liked hearing Evanna's story, it moved her up IMO. She seems to be an underdog with voters and judges so I was glad she did well.

Mary Lou's story/dance made me cry. Maybe because I remember her as that tiny girl winning gold as I was glued to the tv during those Olympics. Life isn't easy when your goals are reached at such a young age, then you are left with ... nothing.

Sad to see Nancy go. I liked her and her story. But it sounds like she is going back to a nice life, so good on her.

Bobby Bone's story surprised me. And this time he wasn't the douche he's been previously. I wonder which Bobby Bones we'll see next week. I've listened to his radio show and he's just a normal guy on it, so his OTT on this show is something from I don't know where.

I think I liked the other dances okay but was only sort of half way watching.

I was glad to have less Erin and more Tom though. Erin just bugs the heck out of me. And WTH with the Val/Janna stuff. We know, we know, they're engaged. Gah.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Maks used to be very good looking when he had a beard or stubble with an incredible body but he ruined it when he got that ridiculous tattoo. And that clean-shaven look he's been sporting lately makes him look like Mr. Potato Head LOL. I've never found Val to be that attractive but I think he's a more genuine person than Maks. I used to love to watch Maks dance while Val's dancing never did that much for me.....however, I saw them on their first Maks & Val tour and Maks has definitely lost a lot of his touch. Val was so much better. And let's not forget when they previewed the show on that season's finale and Maks tried to jump over one of the other dancers and couldn't do it. That was a train wreck.

Did he ever say why he got that awful tattoo? I'm not a fan of body art, but I think tattoos are okay if they are small. His is way too big. The only time I liked him was when he was with Kirstie Alley the first time. They were funny together and he made her a decent dancer. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

The only time I liked him was when he was with Kirstie Alley the first time. They were funny together and he made her a decent dancer. 

That's the first season I couldn't stomach him. She's vile.

• Love 1

When I watch this show, I always am looking for someone to go flying or bust their ass. Not because I want them to, but because you'd think since the show is live, that would happen once in a while. How do the girls do all of those moves with their high heels on and never fall? Not just the professional dancers but the celebs too?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Honestly?  They trust a Slytherin to help a Ravenclaw?  

Slytherins and Ravenclaws are supposed to be natural allies just like Gryffindor and Hufflepuff are allies. And that was my HP nerding out for the day.

2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

The only thing I can think is that they're front loading Milo's early dances now so they can justify putting him later in the order once the really low vote-getters have gone home and placement might just be the different between him staying and going? He's gone early so many times now that they can put him near the end for a few weeks in a row and hopefully get him past Joe, Bobby, Mary Lou and John who are all weaker dancers than Milo but could be close to him in votes because of demographics?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Those trios do look like shit shows. Who are Jordan Kimball and Scarlet Byrne? And why should we care about them?

I think they are really getting into bottom of the barrel territory.

Yup.  I guess Jordan is also from the Bachelor.  I don't watch those shows anymore.  But it's not like Joe is getting votes for good dancing.  So if Bachelor Nation is voting for him then they'll probably go crazy for Jordan too.

Who decided Amy Purdy for Tinashe and Brandon?  I know that she was popular even though I never voted for her.  She's nice but she can't do certain moves.  With Tinashe/Brandon being in jeopardy, they don't need to limit their choreography.  The only good thing is if they get some votes from Amy's fan base.  Not sure if she has a big fan base since she did have Derek who has a big DWTS fan base.

Also, I don't think Tinashe and Brandon were necessarily in the bottom two.  I do think that they are not getting a lot of votes so the show was trying to motivate viewers to vote for them. 

• Love 2
Just now, realdancemom said:

Also, I don't think Tinashe and Brandon were necessarily in the bottom two.  I do think that they are not getting a lot of votes so the show was trying to motivate viewers to vote for them. 

One thing I've seen online is a lot of ire from Tinashe fans about how the show is doing her dirty like they did Normani and others and I get it in some aspects...but I agree with the above.  I don't think announcing her in jeopardy had anything to do with trying to hurt her.  Instead I think it was to attempt to boost her votes.  If she was getting not great votes compared to the others and she WASN'T put in jeopardy, she would have a much bigger chance of an early exit since her fans would just go on thinking she was doing fine.  At least this way they are rallied up trying to save her.  If the show didn't care about her she would be dancing 2nd or 3rd and just be in the background while the show tried to boost another celebrity.

Also since it came up earlier, I'm not sure what the show is trying to do with Milo.  Going early is generally a bad thing when done repeatedly, but I have a feeling his vote count is just fine so the show figures he's in no danger.  Because honestly, I think Milo is winning this thing.   Maybe they think his fans are younger, aka kids, so they are putting him in the first hour while they are still awake?

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, spanana said:

One thing I've seen online is a lot of ire from Tinashe fans about how the show is doing her dirty like they did Normani and others and I get it in some aspects...but I agree with the above.  I don't think announcing her in jeopardy had anything to do with trying to hurt her.  Instead I think it was to attempt to boost her votes.  If she was getting not great votes compared to the others and she WASN'T put in jeopardy, she would have a much bigger chance of an early exit since her fans would just go on thinking she was doing fine.  At least this way they are rallied up trying to save her.  If the show didn't care about her she would be dancing 2nd or 3rd and just be in the background while the show tried to boost another celebrity.

Also since it came up earlier, I'm not sure what the show is trying to do with Milo.  Going early is generally a bad thing when done repeatedly, but I have a feeling his vote count is just fine so the show figures he's in no danger.  Because honestly, I think Milo is winning this thing.   Maybe they think his fans are younger, aka kids, so they are putting him in the first hour while they are still awake?

I think Milo is winning too, he was not my choice for the win but I see him winning and I will be ok with that because he is a good dancer and I just want people to win who deserve it and not just some popularity contest. I can see right now my top 3 is not looking like anything I planned for from the beginning. I can see it being an all male finale because once again I feel like the women r hated this season again. I can see Milo, Demarcus and Bobby being the finale 3 with milo winning. I just got this feeling that is how its going to turn out, maybe throw Juan in there over Demarcus or Bobby but nevertheless all male finale.

• Love 1

I would be okay with Juan, Milo and Demarcus. I don't care if they are men or women, as long as they are good. I wouldn't waste my time with Bobby or Joe taking up a third of the final, though. I hope they are long gone by then.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

By the middle of Juan Pablo's dance, I was all, okay, this show can end. Give this guy the mirror ball NOW. Yowza, I was mesmerized. Me likee that very much. I give it a 10 also. Or more.

Meanwhile, I knew Joe's memorable year would be when he "found love" because that's what all the Bachelor contestants say. I has to be in their contracts. I wish he would have said something else. ANYTHING else. My private opinion is ABC got him back with Kendall so he could do DWTS to fulfill his contract to the people who currently own him. They'll be splitsville once their allotted time is up.

I liked hearing Evanna's story, it moved her up IMO. She seems to be an underdog with voters and judges so I was glad she did well.

Mary Lou's story/dance made me cry. Maybe because I remember her as that tiny girl winning gold as I was glued to the tv during those Olympics. Life isn't easy when your goals are reached at such a young age, then you are left with ... nothing.

Sad to see Nancy go. I liked her and her story. But it sounds like she is going back to a nice life, so good on her.

Bobby Bone's story surprised me. And this time he wasn't the douche he's been previously. I wonder which Bobby Bones we'll see next week. I've listened to his radio show and he's just a normal guy on it, so his OTT on this show is something from I don't know where.

I think I liked the other dances okay but was only sort of half way watching.

I was glad to have less Erin and more Tom though. Erin just bugs the heck out of me. And WTH with the Val/Janna stuff. We know, we know, they're engaged. Gah.

I get recommendations  to follow Bachelor contestants on Instagram. I assure you they’re not into the other.  He barely touches her back with his fingertips, and she calls him her “sezzy” boyfriend.  Sounds like a tween talking.  It’s all for show.  She’s dragging along for the swag, and doofus Joe will eventually push products on Insta.  Hopefully not dance lessons.

JP is very hot, and he can dance. If it must be a male winner, he’s a good one.

i rather admire MaryLou who embraces her plainness.  It’s refreshing to see a woman on TV content to look like herself.  Same goes to Nancy who seems pretty down to earth.  

I can’t even watch Bobby boneyard.  I’m sorry but this guy is a putz, IMO. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, spanana said:

Because honestly, I think Milo is winning this thing.   Maybe they think his fans are younger, aka kids, so they are putting him in the first hour while they are still awake?

Kids watch this show? And kids so young that they have an 8 p.m. bedtime? And those kids would vote? Surprising, if true. I view DWTS as more of an "old(er) person" show. Not that they can't appreciate a 17-year-old's talent. By older, I mean people old enough to decide for themselves when they go to bed.

• Love 3

Watching this now....I never say this but I really think Mary Lou needs to wear makeup. She looks 80 years old without it. 

Also, I did like that Len pointed out Alan’s ability. That was a nice tip of the hat. 

Edited by Quickbeam
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Kids watch this show? And kids so young that they have an 8 p.m. bedtime? And those kids would vote? Surprising, if true. I view DWTS as more of an "old(er) person" show. Not that they can't appreciate a 17-year-old's talent. By older, I mean people old enough to decide for themselves when they go to bed.

My kids pretty much stopped watching the Disney channel by age 10-11. I'm pretty sure most of Milo's fans are that age or younger. I don't think they would watch DWTS.

The only contestants my teenagers heard of on DWTS are the football players and that Cody boy who was on a few seasons ago.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

When I watch this show, I always am looking for someone to go flying or bust their ass. Not because I want them to, but because you'd think since the show is live, that would happen once in a while. How do the girls do all of those moves with their high heels on and never fall? Not just the professional dancers but the celebs too?

I've always wondered that...I can barely stand in high heels. I guess the pros have lots of practice. There was a teacher in my middle school who always wore basically high-heel flip-flops (like Barbie shoes from when I was a kid) and she would run down the halls in them. I'd break my neck.

image.png.594b0edc411fa1e9d4c056938d0e27b3.png

I think most of the bad injuries have happened in rehearsal (like when Kym nearly broke her neck...which they kept showing over and over and I had to look away every time) and I'm thinking there was at least one on the live show (celeb hurt his arm?) but I can't think of any names (and google isn't really helping). There was also Marie Osmond fainting during the judging. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I've always wondered that...I can barely stand in high heels. I guess the pros have lots of practice. There was a teacher in my middle school who always wore basically high-heel flip-flops (like Barbie shoes from when I was a kid) and she would run down the halls in them. I'd break my neck.

image.png.594b0edc411fa1e9d4c056938d0e27b3.png

I think most of the bad injuries have happened in rehearsal (like when Kym nearly broke her neck...which they kept showing over and over and I had to look away every time) and I'm thinking there was at least one on the live show (celeb hurt his arm?) but I can't think of any names (and google isn't really helping). There was also Marie Osmond fainting during the judging. 

Christian de la Fuente.

Twice I read your last line as Marie Osmond farting LOL

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Christian de la Fuente.

Twice I read your last line as Marie Osmond farting LOL

No wonder...he's one of those celebs who I never heard of before or since he was on the show.

lol...You made me go back and check my last line.. 

• Love 4

Jennie Garth wiped out at the very end of one of her dances once.  But I agree it doesn’t happen as much as you would think. There have been plenty of falls and collisions in dress rehearsal though. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, spanana said:

Jennie Garth wiped out at the very end of one of her dances once.  But I agree it doesn’t happen as much as you would think. There have been plenty of falls and collisions in dress rehearsal though. 

And of course one of my most favorite DWTS moments ever...Maks dropping Kirstie Alley on her ass ?

• Love 2

It’s strange reading some of the Tinashe comments. I thinks she she really good and I like her. I fear for her future because Brandon has no built in voting block. For the most part I think he’s doing a good job as a pro. They both seem pretty excited to be there. But if people don’t care for her, its not fair to assume the worst of that person. sometimes, you just don’t feel someone. 

My voting tends to skew completely towards the women because there are so many women who vote for men watching this show. I feel like I have to try to even things up. Lol just my opinion. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, TiredMe said:

It’s strange reading some of the Tinashe comments. I thinks she she really good and I like her. I fear for her future because Brandon has no built in voting block. For the most part I think he’s doing a good job as a pro. They both seem pretty excited to be there. But if people don’t care for her, its not fair to assume the worst of that person. sometimes, you just don’t feel someone. 

My voting tends to skew completely towards the women because there are so many women who vote for men watching this show. I feel like I have to try to even things up. Lol just my opinion. 

I  think this is just something that stems from so many seasons, that is why certain comments are being made. I know it doesnt relate to everyone but a great deal of people feel like woc, esp black or biracial women that come on this show who are very attractive and confident immediately gets the same kinda treatment right off the bat before u even taking the time to get to know them.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

but a great deal of people feel like woc, esp black or biracial women that come on this show who are very attractive and confident immediately gets the same kinda treatment right off the bat before u even taking the time to get to know them.

So do a lot of white women, and white men, and black men. It's not a race thing but the race subject always seems to come up with certain contestants when they are not the fan favorite. 

Personally I don't care if a contestant (or pro) is male or female, black white or purple. If I don't like them, or I find them to be cocky or arrogant or annoying, then that's the way I call it.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

So do a lot of white women, and white men, and black men. It's not a race thing but the race subject always seems to come up with certain contestants when they are not the fan favorite. 

Personally I don't care if a contestant (or pro) is male or female, black white or purple. If I don't like them, or I find them to be cocky or arrogant or annoying, then that's the way I call it.

Im stating facts, its alot of people feel the same way and its just not coming from black people who have brought this out. I have been on other boards and other people from other races including white are saying the same thing about dwts, so is very much a race thing.

• Love 6