Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E05: Week 3: Most Memorable Night

• Start Topic

Ah, Most Memorable Year. AKA, who has the biggest sob story? Well, some of the stories work for me and others feel forced, so I'm kind of a hypocrite at times. Well, here we go.

So, Mary Lou and Sasha start off with the first sob story of the night, the year she won her first gold and also had knee surgery six weeks earlier! And she thought she'd never walk again! I get that the incident was sad and scary and all, so I do feel for her. No buts from me. Their dance was nice. I thought she did well. She gets three 8s, which is decent, but it's clear that they'll be higher scores and quite possibly someone's first 10 tonight. 

So, Milo/Witney go, once again, near the start of the night. I'm not QUITE sure why this is. I liked his dance, but think he held back a little bit. I do know he hurt his leg so maybe that's why. I don't think it was his best ever dance, but I had fun watching it. All 9s is decent, though I'm not so sure I fully agree with the scores this week, which is a complete surprise for me.

Nancy had a beautiful dance with Val. I thought her scores were fair, but Bruno's comments toward Nancy, though helpful, I didn't necessarily agree with him.

Oh, look, Mackenzie's older sister Maddie is gonna be dancing with Alexis and Alan next week if they make it through tonight. Just another reminder that her sister on DWTS Juniors shouldn't be on it. 

Now, to Alexis/Alan. I'm disappointed that they're placed so early in the show because that means they're not getting a high score. Alexis' story is very sad. I don't like the camera being focused on these celebs as their stories are being told, and seeing Alexis' face on the smaller screen is exactly why it's a stupid idea. I knew I'd tear up and I didn't disappoint myself. Their dance was amazing. Erin, girl, let Alexis finish talking before you interrupt. I think that dance deserved all 9s, so boo on Len. Don't underscore her, you animals! Especially when we know we'll get plenty more scores higher than hers, as that's how this show goes.

Evanna and Keo! Woohoo! I enjoyed hearing her story. I'm disappointed that we got no HP cast cameos in any sort of video form. What a beautiful dance, otherwise. Evanna's reaction to that first 9 was awesome. I loved hearing the crowd go absolutely nuts during Evanna's entire segment. 

Joe's up next and I'm cringing that he's gonna likely push someone way more talented out tonight. Bleh at his story. I think his story was just very...plain. What about his time owning a grocery store? Not that? I feel like the producers likely pushed him to choose this story. I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy in general. This type of show isn't for him. He's clearly not meant to be a reality TV guy and I'm not sure why he keeps doing it. Their dance was...ok but I laughed at them utilizing their camera angles as much as possible. Poor guy; he looked like he was going to trip at any moment during the dance. I am surprised Kendall wasn't inserted into the dance at any point. 

I did chuckle at Tom's comment about Joe feeling comfortable and at ease while his head isn't caught up to that news. All 6s is not great for them tonight when everyone else, so far, has had at least an 8 or 9 in their score. I have a bad feeling that Joe will have Nancy as tonight's sacrifice because of his rabid fanbase. 

I'll separate my posts here because it's getting a little long. I'll post my reaction for the second half in another post.

• Love 7

I'm hoping Joe is really in danger every week but they're not putting him in the announced bottom two so that his fans don't rally votes. Lure them into a false sense of security.

• Love 14

Juan Pablo's most memorable year is when he wanted to be an entertainer after he was bullied, so he moved to LA. Ok, then. I mean, getting to act with Meryl Streep is pretty cool. As for his dance....finally! This is the kind of dance I was waiting for him to do! It was fun, it was well performed! I still feel like he needs to let loose even more. There IS something holding me back from wanting him to get to the finals. However...holy shit, not only the first 10 of the season, but the first perfect score of the season! This season is pulling out the high scores earlier than they seem to usually do. Juan Pablo's reaction WAS fun to watch. Maybe he's in trouble in the voting? I could see that being the case, and why he got three 10s, when I think three 9s or even two 9s and a 10 would have sufficed. 

I DID laugh at Jenna choosing 2018 as her year and Val choosing 2001. They kind of ruined it by making it a meta joke. 

Oh, John! Ok, his story was up and down but did touch me at the revelation of his mother dying and THAT being the true story. Man, what a two minute whirlwind! As for his dance, it was really good. He is really quick in his movements, but not in a bad way. He's also very smooth in his transitions. Yeah, I'm rooting for him to get as far as possible. I couldn't help but laugh a bit at the only ones being up with Erin are Witney, Milo, and Alan. Where'd everyone else go?!?! As for the scores, I liked him getting all 7s. I do worry that he also may be sacrificed tonight for Grocery Store Joe. 

So, Bobby's up next. Damn, his story is dark! I did need to see this side of him because it helped to see a more serious side to him. As for his dance, I wish it was a bit better. The beginning was strong but then the end kind of faltered. I feel like Sharna could have done better with the choreography. The kid singing was cute, so at least there was that. His two 8s hopefully will help him next week. 

Tinashe and Brandon! Young Tinashe was adorable. The show needs to figure out how much smoke is too much smoke. However, their dance was very well done. Not my favourite of the night, but still very good. All 9s for them, which I feel is respectable. I think a 10 would have been warranted. 

Demarcus is up last, which means that they may have the best dance of the night? They usually try to put the best dances at the very end. He had a very sweet story. Lindsay always has terrific choreography. She also knows how to use the taller partners to her advantage. Demarcus' dance was great. Lindsay seems to love her lifts, and I like the touch of bringing his kids onstage at the end.  HOW WAS THAT NOT A PERFECT SCORE?

As for the elimination...WTF, Tinashe and Brandon in danger? WTF? Well, I knew Nancy was likely going home, but Tinashe/Brandon in danger? Damn, that's harsh. 

Joe's gonna be around until semi-finals, isn't he? Damnit. 

• Love 9

Loved Milo's dance; it wasn't perfect but it was fun as hell.

I actually like Bobby's dance, and his mini-me.

Didn't pay enough attention to Juan Pablo's dance to say if I think he deserved a perfect score. Didn't think they'd hand any of those out in week three!

DeMarcus's kids at the end made me "awww!" Those were some crazy lifts.

Love how shocked Jenna looks every time they're safe. ?

Edited by ams1001
spellin' names rite
  • Love 7

Well that was surprising. I knew Nancy wasn't long for the show but I felt sure Val's fanbase would have taken them to at least mid-season. I'm guessing this will be the last time Val gets an older contestant since I can't imagine the producers are thrilled to have him gone so early in the season. And as I said after the first time they were placed in jeopardy - guess his fans aren't here for him with an older woman. 

Man, Joe still hasn't even been placed in jeopardy? Bachelor Nation's no joke. It just shows you how far a nice smile and an adorable "aw shucks" attitude can take you. And Tinashe gets the in jeopardy scare, which means unsurprisingly (at least to me), she's not getting the votes. I have to say I didn't love her rumba tonight. I felt like she lacked fluidity in some of her rumba walks and the dance didn't have the romantic sensual nature of the style. Still good though. 

Loved Milo's performance. Although reading that tweet he made about hurting his leg made me worried about that very high back flip. That said, much as I loved the number, I can't be the only one who noticed that Witney jacked a bunch of elements from Amber and Derek's freestyle which was danced to the same song. I guess she's banking on most not remembering the dance since it was many seasons ago. But since I loved Amber and that freestyle remains one of my favorite from all the seasons, I noticed this right away. 

Admittedly I missed a lot of Juan Pablo's dance so can't say if he deserved the perfect score or not. That said, I noticed something tonight. While I enjoy Juan Pablo when he's on, I actually forget about him as soon as the show's over. I first noticed it last week and it happened again tonight. Like I'll be thinking about the pairings who haven't dance and won't remember him. And every time he pops up as coming next, I have a moment of, "oh right, Juan Pablo..." It's strange because I adore Cheryl and again, his dancing when I watch it is fine but I just find him so forgettable. 

The stand out for me tonight was without question Evanna. I liked her from Week 1 and thought she had amazing potential but give credit where it's due, Keo came through with the choreography tonight. That was an absolutely gorgeous number from beginning to end. Loved, loved it...

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 11

So, I'm thinking Nancy (and probably Val) are relieved that she doesn't have to stress out a fractured foot for another week. She had three very competent dances. No shame going out this early, given the injury.

Holy sh*t, DeMarcus....that was the most intimidating (in a good way) Paso Tango, I've ever seen on this show. That's how you close out a show.

Well, clearly Tinashe & Brandon were not the actual other couple in jeopardy. But was this really a warning shot across the bow to their fan base because they are lagging in the votes more than what the Producers want at this stage in the game?

I don't know how Alexis could've watched her pre-package piece on the floor and then immediately danced as well as she did. It was definitely a great week to draw contemporary, and I thought Alan designed a heck of a dance to show her off to the best of her ability.

Juan Pablo, Milo and Evanna continue to impress. Week three seems a mite bit early to break out a perfect 30 though. Maybe the interest in JP isn't quite as high as the Producer's would like either. Also Milo's supposed leg injury had to be one of the mildest ever lol. A backflip off the judges table on a bum leg? Sure.

At least Jenna got Joe to dance with some actual speed this time around instead of just clomping or tentatively walking aimlessly. The technique? Well the less said about Joe's "technique" the better...

I was familiar with Bobby's backstory...I'm not totally sure why or how...but I knew he came up from pretty hardscrabble beginnings. You could really tell that this week was about telling that story, that side of himself and he was a much different character. Especially before and after the dance.

MLB, & John (selfishly, I wanted the Dukes of Hazzard changed my life memorable year story), were also involved in this two hour episode.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 6

I like Nancy so I’m bummed she’s out. She was never going to win but I enjoyed her.

bobby has a compelling story yes, however he’s so far down in the ditch for me with his first few weeks of antics than he isn’t coming out.

i don’t really remember Evanna as I only saw those movies once, but I’m starting to really like her. I still end up commenting out loud for Keo to chill and stop over dancing. 

• Love 8

Oh, Tinashe. You did so well last week, not having that pasted on beauty pageant smile and not eye fucking the camera every chance you got. Aaand then you went back to it this week. Still adore you but please please please stop that. 

Evanna's dance was everything I love about DwtS. The costume, the performance, the sparkly star-like lights, the candles in the audience. I forgot that I was watching DwtS and just enjoyed the hell out of that. 

That picture-in-picture thing that they had going during the roll-in packages? That is exactly what I need on DwtS Jrs., so that I can see poor Artem trying to turn his clenched teeth into a smile. 

Most Memorable Year Week is always a mixed bag. Part sob stories, a handful of great performances, and a few head scratchers. I mean, that one kid is 17. What else could he possibly choose for Most Memorable Year? When he was six and got the bike he wanted for Christmas?

• Love 10

What I saw on youtube of Milo is he was messy and flat footed and he used a back flip in a Jive.   So what can you do with that?   Whereas Juan Pablo danced full on and was really pretty good throughout.   Cheryl didn't give him any shortcuts.   Tinashe  had a pretty good Rumba going but she'll be gone in a flash, but leave it to good ol Americans to vote for that douche Bobby with no rhythm and absolutely stupid choreography.

Edited by Dancelove
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Dancelove said:

Well Tinashe and Brandon go into bottom 2.   Sad that Americans are so predictable. 

In jeopardy doesn't necessarily mean the two couples were the bottom two. Riker was in jeopardy multiple times during his season and he still made it to the finale and was the runner up. 

• Love 8

I liked tonight’s show. I Loved Bobby and Evanna’s dances. 

I’m starting to feel like Juan Pablo and Tinashe are getting dances that the people behind the scenes know that they will be good at. I want to see more hold and ballroom from them. 

Did you really think that Tinashe was in trouble...please... That was so lopsided. Obviously they want more votes for Tinashe. 

Damn It! When did I turn into a conspiracy theorist!

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Dancelove said:

Well Tinashe and Brandon go into bottom 2.   Sad that Americans are so predictable. 

"Bottom two" isn't necessarily the actual bottom 2. It's the bottom 1 + whoever may need votes/whoever may need a reality check. I'm guessing it's the former for Tinashe. With a new pro, she probably doesn't have the voting base people like Evanna (Potterheads are insane - both in good and bad ways) or DeMarcus. Personally, I've never heard of her before this. Probably because I don't listen to that genre of music a lot and I'm sure I'm not the only one. She's a great dancer, needs to cool it with the eye contact with the camera, but to immediately blame America for a producer's choice is a little quick. 

• Love 11

So the producers decided to create fake drama with the lovebirds,by telling a gushing Jenna that Val didn't choose 2018 as his most memorable year. Insert eye roll. Yay for Juan Pablo and Cheryl. Tinashe and Brandon in jeopardy? Who are the people voting?! Speaking of voting. Who are the people who keep voting for Joe and why? Please take pattern from DWTS  Jrs, where the worst dancers were sent home instantly.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

In jeopardy doesn't necessarily mean the two couples were the bottom two. Riker was in jeopardy multiple times during his season and he still made it to the finale and was the runner up. 

Sure it does for white boys and girls from Utah.  For a black pro and a black celebrity?  Not so much.

• Love 5

My favorite:  Juan Pablo and Cheryl.  It was fiery, had all the samba features, and it really showed what he's capable of.  Great choreo.

Second:  Evanna and Keo.  I thought did a terrific job, bringing out her "magic."

Very close third:  DeMarcus and Lindsay.   Amazing lifts.

Nancy was not the worst one left...that would be Joe.

• Love 10

Everyone brought it tonight...and I liked Bobby's dance...which surprised me. However, Juan Pablo can do no wrong;...that is a salsa that I can watch over and over...I could totally handle Milo and Juan Pablo in the finals.

Edited by stonehaven
  • Love 6

Okay, that was a weird choice of couples to put in jeopardy... Tinashe and "jeopardy" shouldn't be in the same sentence. 

That issue aside, the rest of the night was really good. It's a shame Nancy did go tonight, 'cause her dance was lovely. 

John, Alexis, and Bobby's stories and dances were very moving and definitely got me all teary-eyed. Bobby talking about his mom getting her GED only to die a short time later-damn. I did like Tom pointing out that there were more people in the ballroom than in his entire town :p. And Joe had his best dance easily tonight, too.

Evanna's dance was absolutely charming, and I loved her dress. Her story about writing to Rowling was so cool. Milo was great, too-kudos for still being able to do backflips and such despite having an issue with his leg. And yay for Juan Pablo and Cheryl!

Also, DeMarcus with his kids was so incredibly cute <3. He seems like an awesome dad. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Evanna's dance was everything I love about DwtS. The costume, the performance, the sparkly star-like lights, the candles in the audience. I forgot that I was watching DwtS and just enjoyed the hell out of that. 

Totally agree!  More of this, please. 

• Love 5

Most Memorable Year aka Who Can Come Up with the Saddest Story Week

Ughhh I hate this week.  I hate to minimize people's experiences by calling it "sob stories" week but enough already.  How about "Happiest Experience" week?  Typically a night of across-the-board overscoring and CAI blubbering tears...we shall see...

Mary Lou/Sasha:  For what I could see, it looked pretty elegant.  Why, WHY!, do they insist on wearing dark colors on a dark set? 

Milo/Witney:  Beginning his real life - high school...oh jeez!  Nice upbeat performance.  I'd like to see more sharpness in the kicks and flicks and he needs to finish his moves - he tends to cut them short.

Nancy/Val:  Very pretty, and see? You can do something sentimental with some lights on.  She's so serene.  Very simple choreo and I'd like to see some hip movement but otherwise very nice.

I don't think they "make" the couples watch the video package. I think it's more a case of they are on the floor ready to dance and the video is shown to the audience and it's hard to avoid.  Many times in the past, the pros will block their star's ears or distract them with loud LA-LA-LAs or some such so the star doesn't have to hear it.  But it's not that the star is forced to watch and listen to the video.

This is ridiculous! One dance then 4-5 minutes of commercials then one dance then another 4-5 minutes of commercials, etc!

Alexis/Alan:  Very emotional.  Alan is coming along as a very good choreographer.  He's learned well.  Actually, Alan looked more broken up than she did.  She seems very comfortable doing contemporary. I wonder if she's had any prior training.

Evanna/Keo:  For me, Hedwig's Theme will always belong to Mark and Chelsea Kane's Viennese Waltz (some will disagree of course) but this was one of the better VWs I've seen to this tune.  Keo really did well with this choreo, putting in a few twists into standard waltz moves.

Joe/Jenna:  Was this choreo featuring him? or her? Pulling her around the floor from a dead stop sitting position?  Usually those pulls have some momentum going into it.  Anyway, I saw some real effort by him this week.  Sooo many problems, starting with posture, too many to mention.  But he's begun.

Juan Pablo/Cheryl:  missed this one. Perfect score? I'll have to rewind and watch this one!

Ha! Val didn't choose getting engaged as his favorite year? That boy's in trouble! LOL!

John/Emma:  He's really worked on his smoothness and elegance.  Very nice.

Bobby/Sharna:  Finally, the serious side of Bobby that I've seen hinted on his IG stories!  Really impressed.  And I've never believed any of the social media chatter that he and Sharna were feuding or not getting along.  This looked and felt completely authentic.  I wish Len could have also given an 8.  Congratulations Bobby!

Tinashe/Brandon:  a couple lifts - will they be docked? Is hip movement no longer part of a rumba?  They kept moving but it was mostly expressed in the arms.

DeMarcus/Lindsay:  Second time in three weeks to close out the show...hmmmm.  He's surprisingly light on his feet for such a big guy and his moves were clean and sharp but Lindsay loves to be lifted and thrown about.  The lifts were great but all I could think of was "forklift".  Not fair to him.

Tinashe looked panic stricken for being in jeopardy.  Her fans better step on it and get voting!  Just because she's popular with her fans, doesn't mean she's also popular with the general audience.

Edited by Uke
  • Love 4

Good lord Juan Pablo. I was expecting a good samba from him but that was insane and yep I thought he did deserve that 30 and Len's standing ovation. Samba is HARD and even nailed the rolls. Raaawr!

Tinashe and Brandon being in jeopardy was IMO a warning that they aren't getting the votes, even if they werent the actual bottom 2. I doubt they put couples in the bottom who are killing in the votes. 

Bobby was so much more tolerable with a serious dance. I was moved by his story.

• Love 12

Why in the hell was Tinashe and Brandon, of all people, in jeopardy?

And, why in the hell has Joe and Jenna NEVER been even in jeopardy?

ETA: And finally, why in the hell have all of the couples who were in jeopardy (except Emma/John, I think) consisted of male pro/female celeb pairs? Alexis and Tinashe have both been in Jeopardy, while Joe has not. 

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 3

Not surprised they put Tinashe in the bottom. Producers probably don't want another Heather Morris boot to happen since there isn't a Normani, who was also a dancer, in this season to keep bringing that level of performance once the best dancer is gone. 

• Love 3

From what I've seen/heard in Sharna's IG stories and Bobby's IG posts....they are getting along fine.  

Good lord Juan Pablo. I was expecting a good samba from him but that was insane and yep I thought he did deserve that 30 and Len's standing ovation. Samba is HARD and even nailed the rolls. Raaawr!

Agree, agree, agree!

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

MLB, & John (selfishly, I wanted the Dukes of Hazzard changed my life memorable year story), were also involved in this two hour episode.

I'd wondered why he didn't pick that as his memorable year story, either...but then he mentioned his mom and I was like, "...oh. Well, that makes sense." 

• Love 3

This is normally a night I dread but I really enjoyed this episode. I think everyone, Joe included, put out strong performances. 

Juan Pablo's Samba was insane. It was jammed full of content and he nailed all of it. Cheryl should be fucking proud because she put together a great number. He handled what is, in my opinion, one of the hardest dances the celebrities are asked to do and made it look fun rather than hard. Loved it!

I loved Evanna's number. It's hard to ruin Harry Potter for me, but that dance was elegant and beautiful. I do wish her costume had been lighter so she would have stood out more in the starry night behind her but that's just a testament to how good the dance was.

Tinashe's rumba was lovely. I hated how much overhead camera work there was though because it makes for a bit of a disconnect between her and the audience. And as we can see, she needs all the tricks in the book to get people on her side. Also, that cover of her song was horrible. Fuck the band for how bad that was. I love her and seeing her in jeopardy is very upsetting. 

Milo was pretty good but I didn't find him memorable once the episode was over. DeMarcus was memorable but for the lifts. I didn't feel like the dance really connected to his story.

I'm ready for Joe to go. And John and Bobby. I'm tired of seeing women go home while less talented men get by for doing less. Both John and Bobby had good nights but those good nights are relative to their own past experiences. Up against the other dancers, they were just good.

I liked getting to see the pros most memorable year. Except for the obvious Jenna and Val gag that anyone could see coming a mile away. And an aside, Erin's dress was beautiful.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

And, why in the hell has Joe and Jenna NEVER been even in jeopardy

I suspect because Bachelor Nation will vote like crazy if they think he's in danger and then we'll never be rid of him lol

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Tinashe's rumba was lovely. I hated how much overhead camera work there was though because it makes for a bit of a disconnect between her and the audience. And as we can see, she needs all the tricks in the book to get people on her side. Also, that cover of her song was horrible. Fuck the band for how bad that was. I love her and seeing her in jeopardy is very upsetting. 

I was saying "Fuck the band" from the moment they ruined Queen tonight. Always. They always do Queen and they always fucking ruin it. Poor Freddie Mercury is just spinning in his grave. Just no. Step away from the Queen. 

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, Dancelove said:

Jeopardy is often just a signal to the fans to get voting!  It doesn't mean bottom 2 this week.  It may very well be someone else who is actually the 2nd to the bottom but TPTB aren't compelled to help save them from a soon-to-be elimination.  You can think of jeopardy as TPTB trying to help them.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Still ready for Tinashe to take her attitude and leave any time now.

Can you provide an example of this attitude? Because what I see is someone who is excited to be there, wants to go all the way in the competition, praises her partner and listens to the judges.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Holy sh*t, DeMarcus....that was the most intimidating (in a good way) Paso Tango, I've ever seen on this show. That's how you close out a show.

Argentine Tango, actually, and yes, that lift sequence at the beginning had me picking my jaw up off the floor!

• Love 2

All in all, I am enjoying this year a lot and that surprises me! There are no real "bad" dancers with the exception of Joe and he is bad! Please go home next week!

One other thing to note is that year(at least so far)is that Erin's dresses have been great! She has looked elegant each of the 5 shows.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SHD said:

I'm hoping Joe is really in danger every week but they're not putting him in the announced bottom two so that his fans don't rally votes. Lure them into a false sense of security.

I love how you think.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Can you provide an example of this attitude? Because what I see is someone who is excited to be there, wants to go all the way in the competition, praises her partner and listens to the judges.

No, I'm not going to provide an example. Everyone has opinions about the people on the show and they don't need to justify them with examples. I don't like Tinashe, I think she's cocky and has an attitude. That's my opinion of her. I don't like Jenna because I think she's annoying as hell, but I'm not going to provide examples of that either. It's just my opinion.

I'm kind of starting to feel like this is a repeat of Normani and her season.

• Love 8

I'm thinking that if Joe doesn't go soon, the judges will be bringing out the 3 and 4 paddles like they did with Master P. I'm ready for him to go. And I was happy to see no big bird costumes tonight. I thought Nancy looked lovely, that was much more flattering and Mary Lou looked lovely. But I did love Evanna's dress, so pretty! Believe it or not, I've never seen a Harry Potter movie or read any of the books. I have zero interest. Sometimes I think that and I'm so right. I didn't even get halfway through The Outlander first book, hated it. But way back in ancient times, I didn't want to go see the very first Star Wars Movie and I still love that movie so very much. But I'm off topic, so back to the dances, I thought Evanna's dance was as lovely as her dress. Add me to the ones that think Tinashe was not in the bottom 2, they just want more votes for her. She's lovely, (gosh that seems to be my word for the night), she's not my favorite this season. I really don't have a favorite, I like Milo, I like Juan Pablo, I like Evanna, I like Alexis, she's a very nice dancer. I don't care much for Bobby, John is ok, Mary Lou is ok, Nancy was ok, I'm sorry to see her go, but I was pretty sure she was going tonight.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

The woman who played Daisy Duke was in the audience. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, Milo/Witney go, once again, near the start of the night. I'm not QUITE sure why this is.

Milo continues to be my favorite and I loved their jive again tonight. But his show placements have been puzzling and concerning to me.

He seems to be getting a lot of buzz and everywhere I look online I see a lot of positive and very little negative things said about him. Even though he came into the season rather unknown, he's been the type of contestant that seems highly appealing to the show demographic and indeed, on Facebook, where the show demographic tends to gather, he has been getting quite a bit of likes and comments.

But in four performance shows so far, he has gone second three times. Positions 2-4 are where the show tends to put the fodder contestants. Is he really not getting the votes I am imagining he would get? If he and Witney end up being an early elimination, that would be so disappointing to me, as they have been the ones who have most injected me with excitement for this season.

• Love 8

Get Grocery Joe off the stage.  He should have never been part of the show to begin with.  His desperate fans are doing him no favors with their pity votes.  How humiliating. 

He's being overs scored with his 6's.  At best, he should only be 3 - 4.

• Love 16
38 minutes ago, vibeology said:

THere is no attitude. The cast loves her, her a partner loves her. She is a great person. I wish woc particulary blackor biracial women stop coming on this show. The disrespect and treatment is awful.

• Love 9

Everything is not right in the world because Joe/Jenna have not been eliminated, but have another week to torture us with another lame dance. Nancy is a better dancer than Joe. Heck, my 88 year old grandma is a better dancer than grocery Joe. DeMarcus/Lindsay got underscored tonight.  What can I say? Those lifts were superb. The entire dance was superb. No flaws at all and loved the ending with DeMarcus's kids. Milo/Wittles aka Witney continue to knock it out of the park. Milo is so talented and even injured, dances like a champ! I really think that Milo and DeMarcus are a lock for the finals. I also am partial to Juan Pablo/Cheryl, Alexis/Alan, and Tinashe/Brandon. If there is any fairness in the world, Milo, Demarcus, Juan Pablo, Alexis & Tinashe will be the top 5. I think there is gonna be a 4 couple finale this season. IIRC, the fall season usually has 4 couples and the spring season usually has 3 couples in the finale. 

Edited by BeeBop88
  • Love 5

We all know Joe isn't the best dancer, and even HE knows he's not a dancer. It's not his fault that his fans keep him on the show. He might not be to everyone's liking, but he IS trying his best for someone who never danced before.

What is he supposed to say? Don't vote for me?!?  And sorry, but he deserves to be there just as much as anyone else. Reality star or not, if you're offered a 6-figure salary to be on the show, I don't know too many people that would say no to that.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, vibeology said:

This confuses me too.  She is always smiling, and has an open demeanor.  I saw her cheering for someone else, and she looked authentic. 

I suppose it’s because she’s a beautiful young woman with talent.  It’s also about social media following.  Does she have a large SM presence? 

I fucking hate that idiotic shrug Joe does.  It makes him look like a simpleton.  Those awkward, stuttering baby steps he does are just awful. Go stock some shelves.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Dancelove said:

What I saw on youtube of Milo is he was messy and flat footed and he used a back flip in a Jive.   So what can you do with that?   Whereas Juan Pablo danced full on and was really pretty good throughout.   Cheryl didn't give him any shortcuts.   Tinashe  had a pretty good Rumba going but she'll be gone in a flash, but leave it to good ol Americans to vote for that douche Bobby with no rhythm and absolutely stupid choreography.

I have a hard time getting worked up over Bobby when Joe could take a dump on the dance floor and get through despite having zero ability.  

Three weeks and three women gone while bad to mediocre men skate through. I knew Nancy was a goner but still bummed. I actually think I’m enjoying Jrs. more.

Also a couple of other things...viewers should be glad they haven’t put Joe in jeopardy. It would rile up his fans to vote more.  

I was also supremely pissed that Erin managed to make Nancy’s interview about her life and her MMY about Val and Jenna.  This is not the Val and Jenna engagement show.

The trios are a shit show. The pairings are weird and it strongly indicates to me they couldn’t find nearly enough past contestants willing to come back so some people got practically random people off the street.  And Alexis, who I also suspect is not killing it in the votes, is being given the gift of Maddie’s fan base for one week.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, spanana said:

Three weeks and three women gone while bad to mediocre men skate through. I knew Nancy was a goner but still bummed.

I've always loved Nancy and was so excited to see her on the show and to root for her. But she always seemed so timid and lost in the shuffle and I just couldn't put my finger on what it was. Then I read a comment a little while ago that really nailed it --- she didn't seem to want to be there. I don't know if it was her fractured foot or feeling forced to do the show, but while she wasn't outwardly negative like other contestants have been, she just didn't seem to have any enthusiasm for the whole process and Val seemed to pick up on that right away. I do give him kudos for not checking out on her like his brother would have done.

21 minutes ago, spanana said:

I was also supremely pissed that Erin managed to make Nancy’s interview about her life and her MMY about Val and Jenna.  This is not the Val and Jenna engagement show.

I really wonder if that came from Erin or the producers. I know Erin is very close to Val so I could definitely see her pimping the relationship on her own, but with all the other ways they're shoving those two down our throats, I do wonder if the directive came from the producers through her earpiece. Remember when the big thing used to be pimping showmances between partners and pros? Now they seem to have moved onto the pro/pro relationships. Which is pretty funny since they had that going on right from the start in Edyta and Alec.....though they were certainly never pimped or sold as a couple. At this point it's getting annoying. It did nothing to endear fans to Maks and Peta (in fact, I think it turned a lot of fans off of them), it's done nothing to endear fans to Sasha and Emma, it hasn't done anything for Hayley (even without Derek on the show, everyone knows they're together). I don't know why TPTB think it's going to endear anyone to Val and Jenna.....especially because I don't think Jenna is a very popular pro outside of Val's fan base.

26 minutes ago, spanana said:

The trios are a shit show. The pairings are weird and it strongly indicates to me they couldn’t find nearly enough past contestants willing to come back so some people got practically random people off the street.  And Alexis, who I also suspect is not killing it in the votes, is being given the gift of Maddie’s fan base for one week.

I was looking at the list again this morning and I'm just floored. I mean seriously...you're going to put another dumbass Bachelor contestant who's never had a thing to do with the show up against Rashad Jennings and call this a fair competition?!? The only thing I do love is that Rashad is with DeMarcus and Lindsay. That's going to be one amazing number!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I suspect because Bachelor Nation will vote like crazy if they think he's in danger and then we'll never be rid of him lol

Not sure it is even all Bachelor Nation.  There have always been voters on this show that always vote for the one who gets the lowest score, especially when it comes with harsh comments from the judges.  You know, the underdog.  Some of the worst contestants have made it pretty far.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, vibeology said:

Totally agree. ...Bobby Bones can jump and run on a bed after he's been a complete asshole most of the season.  That makes him awesome. He can't dance he can only take off his glasses and rub his eyes fake crying. Ugh  we were laughing our asses off at how stupid that dance was.  But he's white with a demographic that votes Bristol Pallin types regardless of ability. 

Edited by LoveDance
  • Love 3