Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Pay For Their Presumptions

Dee
  • Start Topic

Cookie and Lucious learn the difficulties of launching an artist without Empire Entertainment's resources, and their future with new artist Treasure is jeopardized. So when they receive two interesting offers that will launch them back into power in the music industry, they make a surprising decision. Meanwhile, Jamal decides to put his family first and move back to New York, leaving Kai with some tough decisions.

I am not thrilled with the way this season is going. I was hoping that we were done with the Giselle character and the fight for Empire, but unfortunately no. She steals the Lyons’ only artist!!! And Treasure is just another Tiana who only got her confidence after Cookie read her. Ungrateful heifer. The slimy tech dude can go too.  I hate to speak ill of the Lyons, but I hope Hakeem it the one in the casket. I can’t stand his whiny behind. He is nothing like his big brothers. I don’t know if I’ll make it through this season. Ugh!

• Love 3

Well, it isn't Thirsty in the coffin. Lucious choke up and crying makes me nervous. Who would he be crying over like that? I know, his mother! What about Juanita? She is showing up a lot so far this season. Maybe she is killed because of some scheme Lucious set in motion.

• Love 2

So, is Hakeem just forgetting that Anika killed Andres wife and unborn child? I mean, I get why he would be upset, and not that what happened with Anika wasn't wrong (as hard as I cheered when it happened. Which I did) but Anika almost took baby Bella away from them like thirty times. She wasn't exactly mother of the year, and on top of his other shit, he is just coming off as super whiny. Not totally wrong about either of his brothers, but still whiny. 

Nothing gets all the Lyons together like a common enemy. Unfortunately, this tech guy doesn't seem like much of a real threat. Especially compared to some of their past enemies they've taken down. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Dee said:

Anika didn't kill Rhonda.

Well, not technically I guess, but she did shove her down a flight of stairs to kill her baby, and she died in the struggle when she found out what she did. At least, thats how I remember it, its been awhile? 

I think the person in the coffin might be grandma Lyon, as that would give an emotional reaction from the family, without having to kill off a main character. At least, I hope its not a main character. Even when the boys annoy me, I dont want any of them to die, and i would miss having any of them around. And the idea of Cookie dying is just...nope.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Anika was definitely responsible for the death of Andre & Rhonda's kid, but Rhonda attacked Anika, full stop.

Rhonda initiated the balcony fight, on a mission to extract her pound of flesh, so Anika was perfectly within her right to defend herself.

Edited by Dee

So Andre is going to get more time, and he's probably made an enemy. Wasn't he DAYS from release?

I still don't understand why Cookie and Lucious live in that enormous house if they're broke. A 2/2 would serve them well.

• Love 2

So Kingsley is gonna end up being an illegitimate kid of luscious right??...  I always liked anika and thought she was hated from the jump.. But its pretty much canon that she kills the baby so eye for an eye... Other than that looking fwd to seeing what's next

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I always liked Anika.

Same here.

Meanwhile, I never thought the body in the coffin could be Lucious' mama.  

I felt for that poor boy that had to crawl and do god knows what else for that violent gangsta.  

Calling it now, I betcha Jamal's new bae was once involved with the friend that got him the NY job....too many meaningful looks if you ask me.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Empress1 said:

ill don't understand why Cookie and Lucious live in that enormous house if they're broke. A 2/2 would serve them well.

I don’t understand how they can afford to pay that woman who is cooking for them either. These kinds of financial decisions don’t support the idea that they should be running Empire.

• Love 1

So many awesome little moments in this episode, especially the look on Lucious's face when Treasure's song started, and he watched the two DJs getting won over by it; and watching the new CEO move from total cringe-worthy speechifying (complete with Becky's "Let's celebrate YOU!") to demonstrating actual ability to get through to Tiana.

"You forgot the watermelon," had me rolling.

• Love 6
On October 3, 2018 at 7:35 PM, tennisgurl said:

So, is Hakeem just forgetting that Anika killed Andres wife and unborn child? I mean, I get why he would be upset, and not that what happened with Anika wasn't wrong (as hard as I cheered when it happened. Which I did) but Anika almost took baby Bella away from them like thirty times. She wasn't exactly mother of the year, and on top of his other shit, he is just coming off as super whiny. Not totally wrong about either of his brothers, but still whiny. 

Nothing gets all the Lyons together like a common enemy. Unfortunately, this tech guy doesn't seem like much of a real threat. Especially compared to some of their past enemies they've taken down. 

Hakeem and Jamal didn't know that Anika killed Andre and Rhonda's child, because even though it was mentioned in season 4, about Rhonda's death, I think they just assumed both of those tragedies were accidents. They would not kill off a member of the Lyon family, although at this point, it could be possible, although I definitely don't think it's Hakeem in that casket. 

I agree that Anika wasn't exactly mother of the year, but we all know what she really wanted by having Bella, she wanted to be a Lyon, and it happened for a while, but ultimately, the only Lyon from her side of the family is Bella, and I understand why he is upset, but he didn't know that. But Anika got what she deserved in the end.