Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Pilot

• Start Topic

On 10/14/2018 at 10:54 PM, 4evaQuez said:

So, I saw the pilot, and I am not impressed. I'm actually extremely disappointed by this as I came into this episode excited and willing to give the show a chance.

1. The most important aspect is that I don't really like the dynamic between the sisters. This is the first episode, so I'll give them a few more to iron out their chemistry. However, right now they don't feel as natural interacting with each other as the original Charmed Ones or even Piper,Phoebe and Paige.

2. I can't stand Mel. I can easily see myself hating her if they don't tone down the character.

3. The dialogue feels forced."Cis male," "woke," "pro-choice witches" It just felt like too much too soon. Also, the professor being the ice demon was yawn worthy.

4. Too much Harry. 

I don't want to be a spoil sport, so I'll say some things I like.

1. Maggie and Macy seem interesting. 

2.I did like the look of the demon

3. I like the look of the new Book of Shadows.

4. The home looks really nice.

5. I like that they will incorporate a college campus.

I still want to like this show, and I hope the things I disliked are the usual pilot rough spots. I just hope the show stops trying so hard, and it can blend its political commentary with being an actual enjoyable show a little better.

I have to pretty much agree with practically everything you wrote.  I found myself not liking this "reboot" at all and spent a lot of time rolling my eyes and/or trying to pry my eyebrows off the ceiling.  It tried too hard to be relevant, and shoved all the current female-centric positions down our throats.  Entertain me, don't bore me to death with politics.  Too bad they killed the mother right off the bat, I like Valerie Cruz and have missed seeing her on TV.  Cannot. stand. Mel.  Macy was practically an afterthought.  Why did her mother abandon her?  It would have been nice to get some kind of explanation rather than being beaten over the head by Mel's lesbian, "me too," cis littered dialogue.  Maggie's a little too whiny, and I'm not feeling Macy's need to explain everything with science.  Also, not liking their white lighter AT ALL.  The special effects were decent and I like the updated house, but then I've always liked the house and those things are not enough to keep me coming back.  I'm not seeing the chemistry that the original sisters had and, in my opinion, that's something that can't be forced; either you have it or you don't.  I don't even want to like this show, I tuned in out of morbid curiosity, but I could like it if it gets better.  I'm giving it 2-3 more episodes to win me over.  

• Love 1