Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E02: The Chicken Has Flown the Coop

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

On 10/4/2018 at 11:38 PM, SVNBob said:

*While Lyrsa did say in a TH (I think the one about her "surprising" alliance with Elizabeth because they are so different) that she is a lesbian, I don't know if that was common knowledge to the rest of the tribe.

Am I the only one rooting for an 'awakened' Cowgirl/Lyrsa situation?

Also, WHY is that pasty white dude, the screenwriter, on the Goliath tribe? And where have we seen him on TV? He looks entirely useless and like he should be on the David tribe. And if they're

Spoiler

switching tribes next week

as per the end of the show, then how can they continue to call this season David vs. Goliath???

Edited by gingerella
11 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Am I the only one rooting for an 'awakened' Cowgirl/Lyrsa situation?

Nope, I am, too!

11 minutes ago, gingerella said:

And if they're

Reveal hidden contents

switching tribes next week

as per the end of the show, then how can they continue to call this season David vs. Goliath???

Hahaha!  Jeff will find a way.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, simplyme said:

Except the Davids really aren't in that bad of shape, and they haven't lost either of the immunity challenges because the other team is amazingly fit and they aren't.

They lost the first immunity challenge bc they chose Carl to get under the log in the sand. He got stuck, and when he got free he appeared to literally mosey over and cut the rope. They still appeared to almost make up the time difference on the puzzle. So had they either a) chosen someone other than Carl, or b) had Carl, though exhausted, at least shown some urgency, the Davids might have won the first immunity.

The second immunity challenge the Davids took significantly more time on the physical portion, but again could have won it on the puzzle had they not bumbled around. Yes, on the physical portion they seemed to be hampered by Bi's lack of height and then their inability to paddle together and control their raft (which again is not a brute strength thing.) But they had over an hour on the puzzle, so none of that mattered. Survivor has done a good job of making sure what matters MOST is your team working together and staying calm. From the bits we saw, they were dumping pieces as they turned to talk to each other instead of focusing, so they lost.

So strength is a red herring right now... but if you're a David and that narrative serves your need to move the target where you want it and no one wants to risk rocking the boat by speaking up, then that's what we'll hear.

Most of the David's team come off as a bunch of misfits and easily frustrated, not well-rounded players crafty enough to overcome something that appears intimidating. How you saw the team losing was not what I saw.  We must concentrate on different people and notice different shortcomings. Most of them would have floundered if they were placed in the roles you highlighted for why they lost.  I don't buy into the teams' meaning created by Survivor. I agree none of the teams fit the theme of the show (the theme reminds me more of geeks vs. in-crowd).  The casting was not right in my opinion.  It's something I have to overlook to enjoy the show or not watch LOL. I only like two people on that team: Carl and Bi.  I understand why Elizabeth and Gabby worked hard to influence others vote, but it would not have worked on me. I would try my best to not go to too many tribal councils.  

Edited by DaisyFields500
On 10/11/2018 at 2:53 PM, gingerella said:

Also, WHY is that pasty white dude, the screenwriter, on the Goliath tribe?

Because I'm pretty sure he's at least a millionaire already.  Aside from anything else School of Rock isn't just a movie, it's a very successful Broadway musical.

Edited by ratgirlagogo

Just finished this episode-I am now pretty sure Lyrsa is genius as she saved herself in the most under the radar fashion ever. She only spoke to one person (Elizabeth) about it, as best as I can tell? Also-kudos to Elizabeth for being darn effective there. Nice work!

On 10/11/2018 at 2:53 PM, gingerella said:

Also, WHY is that pasty white dude, the screenwriter, on the Goliath tribe? And where have we seen him on TV? He looks entirely useless and like he should be on the David tribe. And if they're

Someone said, during the first episode, that they recognized him from The Amazing Race (which I don't watch).

He was also Ned Schneebly in School of Rock (which he also wrote) - so he is rich, has achieved some degree of success, and it seems he also comes from a privileged background. He just doesn't have the muscles. 

Edited by Heathrowe

I think I read the whole thread here and didn't see this, sorry if I missed it.  Interesting, Bee sort of taking the blame for Jessica's ouster. 

SK: Who was the person you wanted to go to the end of the game with?

BN: I thought it was Gabby. What people didn't know is me and Gabby had a strong alliance, just her and I. We had a strong friendship. We just didn't make it apparent. I made a mistake by not reassuring her enough with the votes, and that's why she felt a little paranoid and unsure with me. She felt like she had to go with the vote to take Jessica out. That was my mistake. But, originally, Gabby was my strongest ally.