Type keyword(s) to search

Mr. Inbetween - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I don't think Ray thought Freddy would be so upset about the theft of a few dollars.  And he did "blurt" -- if he'd thought about it, he might have kept quiet.

This episode gave us something to think about.  Killing is killing, whether it's done in service of country or for pay.  And in service of country is also for pay, so to speak.  The person is just as dead, in uniform or out.  Motive is what makes it bearable.  I think I could kill someone to protect my family, and I don't know how I'd feel after.

I think Ray feels worse than he can bear to admit, about everyone he's killed.

Unless that cliff side spot had meaning to Dirk and Ray, I gotta wonder if it was in the back of Ray's mind that Dirk might do what he did.  It takes the heat off Ray. 

I would think Freddy viewed Dirk as someone way beneath him and being robbed by him (after he fired him) ...he could never accept that (no matter the $ amount stolen). 

I don't think we have seen Freddy show a violent temper since the show started. Only time he showed some emotion was when the spider was on wall. Which could lead to Ray probably thinking "having him killed" wouldn't be his first option. Ray should have kept quiet. He said his name so fast as if he was contestant on a game show being first to buzz in.

Yes. Curious why Ray chose that spot to talk. He would be a real genius if this was all his plan for Dirk to decide to jump. He could have killed him while he was sleeping.

Also, the actor playing Dirk suffered some nasty burns. Good for him he was not ashamed to show it.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Those were real?  I thought it was make-up.  Damn.

It looked real to me. I didn't think the show would go out of their way to cover him with fake burns unless he was hiding some tattoos.

33 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

It looked real to me. I didn't think the show would go out of their way to cover him with fake burns unless he was hiding some tattoos.

Yeah, it'd be easier to just put a shirt on him.  I don't remember the character from last season, if something happened that we should know about. 

The actor is Ben Oxenbould.  His Wiki page doesn't say anything about an accident or injury.  His IMdb bio:

"Ben has spent a long time in the Himalayas, working as a trekking guide through North India and Nepal, venturing to areas off the maps and studying the geography and social and environmental issues facing developing areas. He designed and constructed a school in West Nepal, Terai region, creating a curriculum incorporating the recognized government education requirements and local religion, medicine, dance/music, history."

Interesting guy.  He was also a big-time surfer.

10 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

Yeah, it'd be easier to just put a shirt on him.  I don't remember the character from last season, if something happened that we should know about. 

The actor is Ben Oxenbould.  His Wiki page doesn't say anything about an accident or injury.  His IMdb bio:

"Ben has spent a long time in the Himalayas, working as a trekking guide through North India and Nepal, venturing to areas off the maps and studying the geography and social and environmental issues facing developing areas. He designed and constructed a school in West Nepal, Terai region, creating a curriculum incorporating the recognized government education requirements and local religion, medicine, dance/music, history."

Interesting guy.  He was also a big-time surfer.

Also, I've found this. Terrible!

source: https://alchetron.com/Ben-Oxenbould

On 24 March 2010, Oxenbould appeared on Australian television programme A Current Affair to support claims of sexual abuse made by fellow actor, Sarah Monahan. Oxenbould claimed to have witnessed another child actress being molested by a male cast member.

Didn't find anything on burns/scars. They sure fooled me if it was all fake.

He has only been in this season.

• Love 1

Not much to say about this episode. Happy Maddy was found safe. I was hoping Gary would find and free more kids locked up with her. 

If only we could have this ending in real life.

I was confused a bit, I thought Pidgy was the kidnapper when the big bearded guy spoke with Gary.

Good to see Gary come through with the save of the day. I was surprised Pidgy helped him and they were able to handle the 3 with ease. I would expect Tim and the others to be on alert/armed when having strangers in his home during a deal.

Freddy's son in law now knows to never threaten Ray again. I hope they had the birthday cake before Ray arrived!

Ray went back to smoking. He's having a rough time with Dirk and now his daughter. 

Ray didn't want to get his pants, shoes and socks bloody? Interesting his choice of weapon was a shovel instead of a gun.

I guess Ray can use this example as another reason killing is necessary at the next group meeting.

Did the store need Ray's permission to call the police?

Edited by mxc90
14 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Ray didn't want to get his pants, shoes and socks bloody? Interesting his choice of weapon was a shovel instead of a gun.

Yeah, that was an interesting choice of weapon.  I like it though. It meant that those people felt some pain.  Bullets are too quick. 

I thought this episode was going in a different direction, that maybe Ray would find Abby and the kidnapper while he was still with his daughter, that she would witness some violence.  I'm glad it didn't go down that way but it took way too long for Abby to be found.  Yeah, the guy said she hadn't been touched, but she was still traumatized.

And I'm also confused about Pidgy.  He may not have partaken in the "toys" but he knew what those people were doing and he didn't say anything to anyone. 

Freddy's girlfriend and the TP discussion was a nice bit of humor, if a bit TMI.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

Yeah, that was an interesting choice of weapon.  I like it though. It meant that those people felt some pain.  Bullets are too quick. 

I thought this episode was going in a different direction, that maybe Ray would find Abby and the kidnapper while he was still with his daughter, that she would witness some violence.  I'm glad it didn't go down that way but it took way too long for Abby to be found.  Yeah, the guy said she hadn't been touched, but she was still traumatized.

And I'm also confused about Pidgy.  He may not have partaken in the "toys" but he knew what those people were doing and he didn't say anything to anyone. 

Freddy's girlfriend and the TP discussion was a nice bit of humor, if a bit TMI.

I agree about Pidgy. If he thought helping Gary would  make up for his lack of care for the other kids, he is wrong. 

I can't wait to see how Freedy treats Ray the next time they meet. There has to be consequences for shooting up the daughter's home and scaring granny.

Freddy shouldn't brag to his girlfriend about having all this money then bitch when the TP is being used up quickly.

I liked when Ray told Britanny she will not be spoiled. 

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

I liked when Ray told Britanny she will not be spoiled. 

I liked that too.  Say what you will about Ray, he's got some good parenting ideas.

Why did Ray go to Freddy's family's house anyway?  I must have missed something, because it didn't seem like he got any useful information from busting up that party.

6 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

I liked that too.  Say what you will about Ray, he's got some good parenting ideas.

Why did Ray go to Freddy's family's house anyway?  I must have missed something, because it didn't seem like he got any useful information from busting up that party.

A few episodes back, Freddy's son in law (Davaros' brother) threatened Ray for killing his brother. The son in law is an accountant. So when Ray was walking down the street and saw the "accountant" sign, he got the idea the son in law kidnapped the girl out of revenge and was holding her in the house or knew where she was.

• Love 1

I just watched last week's episode. Wow, Ray took out three people with a shovel. Brutal. I am glad that Maddie was saved. I have only watched a few episodes so I tend to think of Gary as Ray's goofy sidekick, but he is tough in own right.

Ray is smoking again. Brittany won't be happy. It was sad how she wanted her mother when she got scared. I like how Ray took her directly to her mother, lifting her up so she felt safe.

Will we ever see Ally again? It seems like she might be gone for good.

Freddy and his girlfriend were ridiculous. He seemed genuinely scared that Ray was going to kill his son in law.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

Where was the the "S" in the "TV MA LV" warning? I wasn't prepared for Bruce "Soiling or Shitting" the bed and his underwear.

The aftermath of last week, not surprised Freddy fired Ray. Good to see Brittany get her spirits back (forget comedy, being an actress is the flavor of the week).

I didn't like the instant cut from Ray walking with Brittany to the house then to him in the woods practicing shooting. There should have been more with his father.

That dog sensed danger quick! Did they send two or three guys to get Ray? It seemed Ray shot one guy (I thought he was dead) but he got up then Ray shot him in the back or was that another?

How did Kev miss shooting Ray? He had a clear shot him. Too bad the dog was killed.

These fools gave Ray $100,000 upfront, now they don't want to pay the remaining $150,000 and tried to kill him??! They got what they deserve. Now the gang is easily cleared of two or three disloyal members due to their stupidity.

Nice fight scene! Well done by both. I thought Ray lost an eye but in the preview for next week it shows him without the eye patch.

Ray is putting that shovel to work the last two episodes. 

There may be 4 duffel bags buried but I think there's a trap waiting for Ray and Dave.

Alex: I suffer from claustrophobia

Ray: You're gonna suffer from lead poisoning if you don't fucking get in there!

Edited by mxc90

That took a seriously dark turn, poor little Maddie, at least she was found. Yeah creepy guy, saying "its not weird, I just sell children, I dont hurt them!" doesent really make you sound much better. Ray really destroyed those people, even using a shovel instead of a gun so that they could feel it.

Loved Ray telling Brittany that she wont be spoiled. And while Gary is usually Rays goofy sidekick, he really showed a lot of competence and toughness this week. 

• Love 2

S2E10

Wow, that was depressing.  What a shit day for Ray, starting with his brother soiling himself, losing his job (and, I guess Freddy's friendship such as it was) , seeing his father, getting into that brutal fight - and then losing his dog.  I wish they hadn't done that with the dog, but I assume they figured they needed to make it really personal for Ray. 

I also didn't like the editing, there should have been some indication of what happened with his father.  I assumed something was going to happen when Ray sent Brit back into the house.

I liked this series because of the humor, but there was little of it here.

• Love 1

Good call by the poster up about Bruce.

Sad finale. A good season all around. 

I think after Bruce's accident in the bed last week, they decided this was the way to end it for him.

When the police investigates the fire, will Ray say Bruce did this all by himself?

No hesitation from Ray when it was time to inject the needle.

I am going to think Ray will hold his promise and try to forgive his father. Maybe the story about the weight of a grudge Bruce was carrying will sink in.

Ray was smoking again. Since his promise with Brittany, he only smoked when he couldn't find Maddy and now with Bruce.

Not a good season for Ray, having the girl put a takedown move on him in the first episode (jk), then losing Ally, his dog, Dirk, Bruce, and his friendship/business relationship with Freddy.

Ray's eye healed pretty quick.

That house must have held a lot of pain for Ray and Bruce. Ray made sure to pour a good amount in that closet or room.

Sad when Bruce hugged Brittany for the last time. I wonder how Ray is going to explain it to her.

Did the they find only one duffel bag with money? I thought they were supposed to find four.

Poor Gary! Missing his target and getting caught in barbed wire.

I wouldn't let nervous Dave (with a loaded gun) walk behind me. He needs to be in front. 

How far could Alex have gotten? But they did decide last episode to let him go if they found money.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4

Oh God, I figured what was going to happen, but that was still all so breathtakingly tragic and sad. The second half of this season in general was very tragic, all capped off with Bruce's suicide. Especially as Bruce was hugging Brittany and crying, and she was asking why he was so sad, because she would see him again soon. 

Everything is just going poorly for Ray.

• Love 3

I agree with other posters, this season ended on a really sad, depressing note. Poor Ray. He's just losing everyone and everything in his life. It used to be funny and quirky but now it's just plain sad. If it comes back for another season, I hope things get better for him. This show really hooked me and I do hope it comes back but on a lighter note.

• Love 3

I started watching this show a few months ago, I love it, it's hilarious with some serious themes.

This is only one of two shows I found in the last year that I'm hooked on, I truly hope it returns for season 3 whenever that may be.

• Love 1
On 10/4/2018 at 1:15 PM, msrachelj said:

captions! i'm following so far, we'll see. it's different .

I always watch everything with captions.  FF through commercials or mute them if I can't, also.

On 10/14/2018 at 1:35 PM, Ohwell said:

I just watched the first two episodes.  I loved how Ray stepped back and kicked that young punk in the nuts.  Looking forward to watching the rest of this show. 

Just finished the first one on Hulu.  I'm probably going to stick, but I wasn't crazy about him leaving his daughter by herself in the car while he went after the punks.  The fact that he locked it kind of made it worse, then he took even longer getting back to her when he was getting the paramedic's phone number.  Speaking of which, I was expecting her to be responding to a call that someone had been mugged, the someone being the nuts kickee.

Don't know about Oz in 2018 but in today's USA Ray would've had some 'splainin' to do to the police who would've been babysitting his daughter, having been notified by well-intentioned busy bodies...

Just finished Season 1.  Re: episode 6:  

Spoiler

Seems a little too coincidental that the guys who stole Ray's car would just happen to be in the same store as Ray, who impulsively stopped in, forget about Ray's phone just happening to ring at that very moment.  Also, slightly more believable since neither of them were geniuses, but they walked right past Ray's car when they left - you'd think they have noticed it, but again, I can somewhat accept that.

That's all.

On 10/4/2019 at 5:12 AM, mxc90 said:

Kim waited over 20 years to go after Dennis Miller?!

Kim said that he had liver cancer - my guess it that he's been suppressing or living in denial, and the diagnosis woke him up.

On 10/5/2019 at 9:21 AM, AuntiePam said:

I kinda wanted Ray to let Miller go.  Let him live, and let him wonder if and when Ray or Kim will be back.  Also, Ray left fingerprints all over Miller's kitchen.  It'd be all kinds of wrong if he was caught and prosecuted for this murder.  

Ray's "smaht" enough to wipe down a scene, and to make sure that there are no witnesses (i.e., Miller).  Plus, having a daughter himself, I knew that Miller's fate was sealed as soon as he confessed. 

On 10/24/2019 at 10:23 PM, mxc90 said:

Brittany is 9 and Ray's father is just finding out he has a granddaugther?

So was Freddy's story about his and the son-in law's soured relationship the reason why Ray changed his mind to talk to Kate?

Gary finding out he was wrong about clamari, that it is squid not octopus and he can eat it wihtout guilt was funny. He must have told the towers story to prove he was right about something.

Ray spent over 30 plus hours waiting for the right time to shoot and the job ended in failure. He didn't know the place would be occupied by others and had an alarm system? The person ordering the hit must be losing his patience with Ray on this job. Only one to get hit was the poor doberman.

Was Brittany waiting a long time to unleash to Ray her true feelings about Jack and sympathy for the Giant or did she come to her conclusions at that moment? And how quickly she made Ray and Bruce believers!

I think the father's surprise was the show's way of telling us that Ray was estranged from him.  This show reminds me more and more of Ray Donovan - handicapped brother, divorced antihero living on the wrong side of the law, daughter, estranged father....

I think Ray changed his mind because of Freddy's story, and the fact that Freddy gets (and provides) him work.

I didn't know the story about Building 7 myself.  I'll be heading down the rabbit hole...

He probably knew there'd be others, but I doubt he was expecting an alarm system in the woods.  I felt sorry for the pupper - he was just doing his job.  Hopefully it was a minor wound.

Britt seemed surprised by the ending.  I think it was at that moment.

On 10/25/2019 at 10:40 AM, meep.meep said:

Not only didn't Ray's father not know about Brittany, he hadn't seen Bruce for 16 years.

Apparently estranged from both sons.

On 10/26/2019 at 5:23 PM, mxc90 said:

I wonder why he didn't pop him as soon as he got out the car or when he walked out with the dog.

On 10/26/2019 at 6:01 PM, mxc90 said:

From his position, it seems he could have picked off Vinnie and the other guy. Parents would be ducking for cover as he ran away. There was no guarantee Vinnie was going to step out and take a walk with the dog. 

It seemed to me that he couldn't get a good shot (Vinnie was moving pretty quickly when he got out of the car), then he was concerned about getting one of the parents when he was hugging them.  Had he been able, I'm sure he'd have just shot Vinnie and high-tailed it out of there.  He was only getting paid for that one.

On 11/7/2019 at 9:46 PM, mxc90 said:

Good to see Gary come through with the save of the day. I was surprised Pidgy helped him and they were able to handle the 3 with ease. I would expect Tim and the others to be on alert/armed when having strangers in his home during a deal.

I was surprised they didn't struggle more.  And that there hands were tied in front of them - anyone who's ever seen a movie or TV show knows to tie the hands behind the back. They really were a passive bunch - hands in front is virtually useless in terms of subduing someone.

On 11/8/2019 at 12:47 PM, AuntiePam said:

But he did.  He gossiped about it, which is how Gary got wind of it.  I thought the same thing, though.  Pidgy found out about it while buying drugs, i.e., illegally, but he could have at least called the coppers with an anonymous tip.

On 11/13/2019 at 9:11 PM, SimoneS said:

Brittany won't be happy. It was sad how she wanted her mother when she got scared. I like how Ray took her directly to her mother, lifting her up so she felt safe.

That's a valid observation, although I thought he took her to get her out of the way so he could focus on finding Maddy, and carried her because he was in a hurry to drop her off.  

On 11/14/2019 at 8:16 PM, mxc90 said:

I didn't like the instant cut from Ray walking with Brittany to the house then to him in the woods practicing shooting. There should have been more with his father.

That dog sensed danger quick! Did they send two or three guys to get Ray? It seemed Ray shot one guy (I thought he was dead) but he got up then Ray shot him in the back or was that another?

How did Kev miss shooting Ray? He had a clear shot him. Too bad the dog was killed.

These fools gave Ray $100,000 upfront, now they don't want to pay the remaining $150,000 and tried to kill him??! They got what they deserve. Now the gang is easily cleared of two or three disloyal members due to their stupidity.

Nice fight scene! Well done by both. I thought Ray lost an eye but in the preview for next week it shows him without the eye patch.

There may be 4 duffel bags buried but I think there's a trap waiting for Ray and Dave.

Alex: I suffer from claustrophobia

Ray: You're gonna suffer from lead poisoning if you don't fucking get in there!

On 11/16/2019 at 1:41 PM, mjc570 said:

S2E10

Wow, that was depressing.  What a shit day for Ray, starting with his brother soiling himself, losing his job (and, I guess Freddy's friendship such as it was) , seeing his father, getting into that brutal fight - and then losing his dog.  I wish they hadn't done that with the dog, but I assume they figured they needed to make it really personal for Ray. 

I also didn't like the editing, there should have been some indication of what happened with his father.  I assumed something was going to happen when Ray sent Brit back into the house.

I liked this series because of the humor, but there was little of it here.

I don't know what Ray's problem is with his father, but it must be significant. 

I think it was just the two guys.

I've changed my earlier position - the dog being killed now bothers more than any other death so far (other than the girl in the 20-year old case).

Thanks for the explanation of why the MC guys went after him.  I knew it was a double cross, but I didn't put that together; I was thinking the word had gotten out and it was a revenge thing.

I don't know how Ray was able to finish the fight, let alone win it, with one eye.  His depth perception had to have been shot.

In addition to the lead poisoning comment, the back-and-forth between Ray and Dave about whether to kill the new president and how to retrieve the money had a bit of humor.

On 11/7/2019 at 9:46 PM, mxc90 said:

Not much to say about this episode. Happy Maddy was found safe. I was hoping Gary would find and free more kids locked up with her. 

If only we could have this ending in real life.

I was confused a bit, I thought Pidgy was the kidnapper when the big bearded guy spoke with Gary.

Freddy's son in law now knows to never threaten Ray again. I hope they had the birthday cake before Ray arrived!

Ray went back to smoking. He's having a rough time with Dirk and now his daughter. 

I guess Ray can use this example as another reason killing is necessary at the next group meeting.

The old guy clearly told Gary that Pidgy was offered" toys" by the pusher Tim. Tim is an opportunist and not a blokey bloke.  Tim and his whole crew are degenerates and just the types of low level crims that a bad ass like Gary would typically rip off. Gary had no problem with them and Pidgy was just following his lead. Ray was expecting it to be a bloody affair and didn't bring a change of clothes. Ray probably didn't want to deal with the police because they would just waste time focusing on Ray as the abductor since he was standing right in front of them and they are typically lazy and incompetent; besides criminals don't call the police for help. The degenerates forfeited their right to life with the first child they sold to slaughter, but not something he can speak to in specifics in the group. Ray doesn't have an anger problem like the rest of those wife beaters and that group leader is as passive aggressive as it comes. The death count on that shovel so far is 4; the three degenerates and the big biker In the woods, after Ray finds out his dog is dead. That shovel, that Ray eyed and bought in the store with Gary, is the Shovel of retribution; used only for the most heinous of acts. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't dispatch the child murderer with it too. 

Bruce told that gross story about the bathtub.  He then went on to say he spent two days in the "coolah".  It looked like the wind was blowing in pretty good when Ray opened the door to that little closet.   I can't imagine spending 2 days in there.  It seems like there might have been some atrocities happening in that little house when they grew up.  

Mr. Shoestring will return!

https://letstyle.in/2020/10/17/scott-ryans-mr-inbetween-season-3-releases-2021-know-more/

• Love 2

Good episodes 1 and 2. Too bad this is the last season.

I thought Ray's friend was dead from the vicious beating by pipe.

The beating Ray took wasn't hard enough to knock his senses off. He easily saw the fakeness through the kid to run him over. 

Coulda Shoulda! Graham didn't learn his lesson the first time and still didn't give Ray the cash. Got his 3 sons and himself killed. I wonder if Ray still would have killed them if he gave him the money.

Geez. That one blow from Ray put Matty to sleep. 

Poor Adam! His wife cheats on him, can't see his daughter, he violates the AVO by texting, got the crap scared out of him with Ray's fake story when they met, gets on Harris' bad side and takes a violent beating for it. 

If Ray hadn't told Adam to use the communal bathroom instead of the one in his cell, he may have avoided the beating. But I guess Harris would have found another way to get him.

I wonder when we see Adam again, will the jail experience/Ray's talk to him about "heart" make him tougher (maybe got revenge on the Harris) or will he be the person that gets to Ray to stop being violent by the end of the season.

Ray and the mom was awkward. Good for her to not break.

Seeing Brittany hurt by knowing Ray was in jail and how it affected her friendship, I hope it doesn't turn her into a cold person like Ray.

• Love 2
(edited)

Nice to see this show back again, even if it came along with a lot of badness. Its sad watching Brittany realizing that her dad might be a bit on the sketchy side and that its affecting her life more. Ray cant hide it forever, eventually Brittany is going to realize that Ray has been lying to her about a whole lot, and that's really going to suck for both of them. Its probably time for Ry to really learn to manage his temper better. 

I wonder if we will see Ray's prison roommate again? Poor guy, his wife cheats on him then sends him to jail for texting and then he gets a vicious beating for saying the wrong bit of prison lingo. 

Graham you moron. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1

So how long do you think it has been? Just a few posts upthread someone said Brit was 9 and here she is 12. But I I don’t know if Brit was 9 in Season 2. I have always loved Ray’s and Brit’s relationship. I felt his pain when she asked to be dropped off before they got to the school. And his frustration when he tried to make it up to her with her friend to no avail. He can’t fix everything.

is he working for Freddy again or was this a one off?

Is Gary made out of rubber? Last week, he's beaten with a pipe and back on his feet in no time. This week he gets knocked off the ledge, aching for a few seconds and is fine the rest of the episode.

Rafael looks like he'll be a problem for Ray down the line. He seems like a guy no one tells him "No" (i.e. Freddy). Even though Rafael was laughing a lot, Ray refusing to eat the caviar and not joining the crew may not sit well with him. 

Poor Ray! He admitted earlier he wasn't over breaking up Ally and then find out she's 18 weeks pregnant. Good for Ray to be calm, not show jealousy or disappointment and just being honest about his pursuit of happiness during their chat. 

Doesn't Brit know by now her father is a dangerous man??!! She couldn't tell foul mouth, rude Adrian to show some respect in his house. 

Ray telling Gary "his father is not his problem". Ray is in for a sad awakening.

Hopefully Ray's neighbors didn't get an eyeful of Ray's naked father or Gary walking around in his briefs.

• Love 1
(edited)

Good on Ray for taking Ally's pregnancy in stride, being supportive and honest with his feelings, and not getting angry or jealous. He is obviously still hurting from the break up and we know his temper has just gotten worse and worse, so its really good that he is keeping things under control. 

Does Gary have superpowers? The dude is unstoppable, he takes worse beatings every week and always walks away like it was nothing. 

Brit is entering her teens years, a far more terrifying prospect for Ray then any gangsters or prison sentences. It also seems like now that she's older its inevitable that she finds out what her dad gets up to. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3

Does Ray have an arrangement where Gary and Brittany are not to be in the house at the same time? I hope so. She walking in on Gary do stuff with the "vagankle", would traumatize her.

Ray is a good friend to Gary to put up with his interruption of his meditation, will go to his house to retrieve the item when asked and not show anger that he wasted a car ride for it . I'm surprised Ray didn't take a peek in the bag before returning home.

I almost thought Brittany was going to accidentally shoot herself. She's lucky the bullet didn't hit anybody.

"Cut the crap Princess". You would think Brittany would show some remorse and not be a combative/smart ass to Ray after she did wrong. Typical teenager! She must have felt guilty later and decided to cuddle up to Ray on the couch. 

How old is that "Superman/Wonder Woman" joke?

What slime Rafael and the kid were. Like Ray said: "it's someone's daughter". The order to toss her to the pigs was cold. I think Ray is going to unload on Rafael before the season is over. 

Ray will still do the job but the conversation with the gym owner, seeing the people have a good time at the bar/while he's alone or at home hanging with Gary, and seeing the dead girl is weighing on him.

No Ray's father this week?! I guess he took him to a nursing home.

• Love 2

I was really afraid that Britt might accidently shoot herself or someone else, so I am relieved that she only shot the wall. She has some real teenage energy to give Ray attitude after she was caught playing with his gun, but I guess she felt bad later, being sweet with him again. I do think we are getting closer and closer to Britt realizing what her dad really does for a living, almost every episode this season seems to have her getting hints that something is up with him. 

Ray may not be a good guy, but even he thinks that Rafael and that trust fund kid are scum. Ray will hurt people for his job or to get out of trouble, but that casual disregard for human life clearly disgusted him. I wonder if him deciding to burry the dead young women instead of feeding her body to the pigs will come back later? Ray seemed to be really struggling this week, feeling lonely and helping such garbage people really was not making him feel great. No scenes with Ray's dad though, did they find someone else to look after him? 

Ray cant even meditate in peace without something he has to deal with. 

• Love 1

I am impressed with the nuance in this season. It is incredibly sad to watch Ray try to come to terms with his life. Kudos to Scott Ryan as writer and actor! With each season the story has very naturally evolved.

• Love 1
On 6/8/2021 at 11:50 PM, mxc90 said:

Does Ray have an arrangement where Gary and Brittany are not to be in the house at the same time? I hope so. She walking in on Gary do stuff with the "vagankle", would traumatize her.

Ray is a good friend to Gary to put up with his interruption of his meditation, will go to his house to retrieve the item when asked and not show anger that he wasted a car ride for it . I'm surprised Ray didn't take a peek in the bag before returning home.

I almost thought Brittany was going to accidentally shoot herself. She's lucky the bullet didn't hit anybody.

"Cut the crap Princess". You would think Brittany would show some remorse and not be a combative/smart ass to Ray after she did wrong. Typical teenager! She must have felt guilty later and decided to cuddle up to Ray on the couch. 

What slime Rafael and the kid were. Like Ray said: "it's someone's daughter". The order to toss her to the pigs was cold. I think Ray is going to unload on Rafael before the season is over. 

Ray will still do the job but the conversation with the gym owner, seeing the people have a good time at the bar/while he's alone or at home hanging with Gary, and seeing the dead girl is weighing on him.

No Ray's father this week?! I guess he took him to a nursing home.

On 6/8/2021 at 11:50 PM, mxc90 said:

Well, let' see...Supe was created in 1938, Invisible Man in 1933, and Wonder Woman in 1941.  I'm going to guess about 10 minutes after the first kid read the first WW comic.  I've sure heard it a bunch of times.  That said, I think it was just a device so Ray could tell his joke and they could compare and contrast and be bros.

Completely agree with the rest of your post.

On 6/9/2021 at 1:42 PM, tennisgurl said:

I wonder if him deciding to burry the dead young women instead of feeding her body to the pigs will come back later? 

Ray cant even meditate in peace without something he has to deal with. 

It's totally going to come back later and you're right, he has the patience of a saint (at least where Gary and Britt are concerned). I think he'll put up with a lot in general and more with people who are important to him, but when he's had enough, look out.

Really glad this show is back.

• Love 2
(edited)

Did Brittany make a mistake calling Ray? She should have put the thought in him: she can be responsible on her own and he wouldn't need to spy on her the next time she goes out. I guess at any age under 18, Ray would still follow her no matter what.

Gary with binoculars, sitting in a car watching kids. Lucky somebody didn't walk by and call the police.

I am confused what motivated Ray go to the man's home to call off the hit and retrieve the money. He could have told Killian to make the call. I can see if the man told Killian he doesn't have the money to return and then Ray is sent over there to get physical. Maybe Ray has that special sense: he was never going to do the job, just take the 30K and decided to go there.

Ray just takes the scammer's car. Did Ray leave his car there or arrived by bus/cab earlier and needed the guy's car?!!?

I hope Ray didn't think the hanging was to make the police think it was suicide. He took his car and cash, police would call it a burglary/homicide.

Ray is fortunate his victims live alone so he can torture them without interference.

I would liked to have seen if Ray returned all the money to Killian. 

Ray is back to smoking. I remember last season, he gave it up for a while.

Last week, Gary wanted to call his business "Home o erotic" and Ray told him what it meant. I thought then Gary would drop the idea for this business and think of some other venture to pursue. Nope! He was serious about this. Not sure how long Gary's business can thrive. He must know people do have their cell phones to record if needed. 

You could see the disappointment on Gary's face when he saw Lucas' boyfriend walk out and knew what was to cu come. He must have though it would be male/female shoots all the time. To Gary's credit, he went professional and carried out job. With the "Violence" warnings, I was nervous Gary was going to be beaten and robbed.

I felt bad for Ray's father and him in that last scene. I hope they can find some peace/understanding before time runs out.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 3

Ray is getting so melancholy lately that he is even back to smoking. Gary should really think twice before watching kids with binoculars, especially considering his new career in amateur porn. it could lead to...misunderstandings. 

Ray must have great timing, he rarely if ever seems to run into any bystanders when he is committing his murders, lucky that most of the people he kills live alone. 

The last scene with Ray and his dad was great, amazing work by both actors. His dad saying he wished Ray knew him before the war was just painful. 

• Love 3
On 6/15/2021 at 9:33 PM, mxc90 said:

I am confused what motivated Ray go to the man's home to call off the hit and retrieve the money. He could have told Killian to make the call. I can see if the man told Killian he doesn't have the money to return and then Ray is sent over there to get physical. Maybe Ray has that special sense: he was never going to do the job, just take the 30K and decided to go there.

Ray just takes the scammer's car. Did Ray leave his car there or arrived by bus/cab earlier and needed the guy's car?!!?

I hope Ray didn't think the hanging was to make the police think it was suicide. He took his car and cash, police would call it a burglary/homicide.

I would liked to have seen if Ray returned all the money to Killian. 

I felt bad for Ray's father and him in that last scene. I hope they can find some peace/understanding before time runs out.

Yeah, if Ray suspected that that guy was a scammer, too, he was right.  He was lying until Ray knocked him through the wall, literally.  I think Ray needs to be hands-on for his own safety.

He seemed pretty sympathetic to Killian - maybe he took a fee, but if he did he probably told him about it.   

On 6/16/2021 at 2:49 PM, tennisgurl said:

The last scene with Ray and his dad was great, amazing work by both actors. His dad saying he wished Ray knew him before the war was just painful. 

A lot of exposition in the scene with his father, specific and implied, giving us some insight into Ray's personality and why he's the way he is, his own relationship with Brit, etc.  Good stuff.

My take on the car is that he's going to sell it to round out the money that the guy scammed, or it'll be resolved in the next episode.  

• Love 1
(edited)

What did Gary say or do to get Ray to go to the reunion? Or maybe Ray thought it would be go idea to go and get some sort of payback (not physical) on some people. Good to see he and Hurley shake hands. 

Is Ray a part of the Class of '96, when he left school early?!!? No wonder he didn't get an invite and no one remembered him. As Gary said: "they will remember you now".

Nice of the reunion people to not call the police on Gary hitting the woman. All those men watching and that one woman thought it would be a good idea to try and stop Gary.

Gary has some memory to recall how long Carrie was dating her boyfriend.  Not sure if she was impressed or nervous of a potential stalker.

Gary talking to Meghan, switching his lie from buying to renting and him passing his business card were funny. Good thing they didn't get into detail of his work. Hopefully, this will lead him to start filming something non-pornographic to put on his resume.

Can Meghan read the room and not ask Kenny why Gary is called "Shit Dick"? As if she wanted to embarrass him further.

Brittany annoyed me. Telling Ray she wanted to do the CAP and she will tell her mother he has a gun in the house. You could see the pain on Ray's face dealing with her. I don't think weight of what happened and Ray's talk has really sunk in with her. 

Nice moment of Gary playing cards with Ray to lift his spirits.

Forget the reunion fight, I wanted to see what Ray did to the scum bag drug dealing Troy. The kids will need to find a new supplier.

Also, I would have liked to seen "scared to shit" Adrian tell his parents he no longer goes to that school and he must transfer immediately because Ray said do.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2

If Ray left school early, I guess it would make sense that no one really remembers him. Although, as Gary said, they are sure as hell going to remember him now. Things were actually going alright at first, which it sucks that no one remembered him he made some peace with a teacher he didn't like and even tried to talk down that asshole guy to help Gary out in a pretty polite way. Shockingly, Ray did NOT throw the first punch of the episode, some dickhead named Kenny did, even if Ray and Gary threw out several more, probably a few too many in Gary's case. Still, as far as class reunions go, its not the worst I've seen. 

Brittany has really hit her bratty pre-teen phase hard, which is even more of an issue when her dad is secretly a career criminal who can kick the shit out of (and possibly kill) her boyfriends drug dealer. Its always nice to see Ray turn his fists on someone who so deserves a punch in the face at the very least like the creepy drug dealer guy. I am guessing that Brittany finds out the truth about her dad just in time for the season finale. 

Gary and Ray playing cards was a nice moment. Ray needs some mindless fun, he has been so melancholy lately. 

• Love 1
On 6/23/2021 at 3:40 PM, tennisgurl said:

I am guessing that Brittany finds out the truth about her dad just in time for the season finale. 

It is the series finale not the season finale but that might make it more likely that they end on that note. I hope that it ends with Ray getting out of the business.

I think Chika Yasumura is fantastic as Brittany. And the show absolutely captures that 12 year old brattiness which is impossible to live with. Then she wants to cuddle and Ray has his little girl back. So good.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/22/2021 at 9:41 PM, mxc90 said:

Forget the reunion fight, I wanted to see what Ray did to the scum bag drug dealing Troy. The kids will need to find a new supplier.

Indeed they will.  I think it's more effective that we're using our imagination as far as what Ray did, though.  It didn't end well; we all know that much.

On 6/25/2021 at 10:34 AM, gibasi said:

It is the series finale not the season finale but that might make it more likely that they end on that note. I hope that it ends with Ray getting out of the business.

Yeah, it's going to be tough when the finale comes.  Every now and then I find a show that I know I'm going to miss.

On 6/23/2021 at 12:40 PM, tennisgurl said:

Things were actually going alright at first, which it sucks that no one remembered him he made some peace with a teacher he didn't like and even tried to talk down that asshole guy to help Gary out in a pretty polite way. 

I'm glad he was able to find some peace, but Hurley made a good point - 30 years is a long time to be dragging something around with you. I was thinking he was going to turn out to be some child molester type and Ray was going to settle a score.

I like how Ray starts smiling when trouble's about to break out.  I knew the Shit-Dick business was going to be a problem and sure enough, Ray was grinning before all Hell broke loose.

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 3

Hope Gary and Freddy know what a loyal friend they have in Ray. He will go to their defense or aid no matter the situation or who he has to deal with.

Seeing those horses, I was thinking Ray's Plan "B" was to put a horse's head in Remy's bed.

Was this the first time hearing Ray referred to as the "Magician"?

Is Gary watching Brittany while Ray's away? So Ray didn't decline this road trip during his visitation time.

Two nights have gone by. Where are they driving to? Weird that the boss is driving up front, being the spotter for police. This seems like a road trip that could be handled by three college kids or the other lackeys from the car dealership.

Is Zoe sent with Ray to give the appearance of a "nice" couple to throw off any suspicion from the police? 

I don't know about her. She's giving the vibe that she will get too attached to Ray after they get together, test his patience and Ray will have to break it off in cold way. 

I don't think she going to fake it with Ray. 

FX kept showing a warning for "Violence" and there weren't any.

• Love 2

So I think he took Zoe with him on the road trip because a couple will be less suspicious then someone traveling alone? I think so anyway, I might have missed something or it wasn't made really clear. Something feels a bit off with her, its hard to say what though. At least Ray probably wont have to worry about orgasms being faked. 

Ray is a great friend, he is always ride or die. And this time he didn't even have to kill anyone or inflict that much damage on anyone besides some guys thumb. 

Ray getting older and burned out on crime has been such a theme throughout the season, it feels like he will end the show either retired or deceased, but I am leaning towards retirement. 

• Love 2