Type keyword(s) to search

Ashlee + Evan - General Discussion

• Start Topic

What is with the whispery raspy voices on guys? Michael J and his brothers, Terence Howard from Empire, and this guy now....so irritating. Is it an affectation? I find it distracting and can’t listen, I use closed captioning.

• Love 5

Is anyone else watching this or was I the only one who was bored enough the other day to tune in?  So basically this show is to promote both of their singing careers, got it.  But Ashlee seems just SO dumb.  I don't know much about Evan except he seems sweet and much more talented than Ashlee.  And what's up with Ashlee's dad?  Was he sick?  Are her parents are divorced?   I just don't care enough to do a google search on it.  I was just pretty surprised at his frail appearance and how different he sounded compared to his appearances on his eldest daughter's show years ago.

Edited by KLJ
can't spell today
  • Love 5

Her dad had some kind of cancer..: prostate or pancreatic? Not sure which.

Wasn’t it a big deal when Jessica was a big pop star that her dad came out of the closet?

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2

I was interested in this largely for a peek at the sprawling Ross family. The first episode didn't disappoint. Even Diana herself, was there. Unfortunately, Evan and Ashlee come across as the least interesting people in the crew. Evan has a beautiful singing voice, but other than that, he seems chronically sleepy, and Ashlee is just sort of... a bundle of neuroses. I'm sorry to see that she is still haunted by her SNL screw up, but that's not really that interesting a topic, all these years later, for her to keep mentioning. Also, both on the show and in her recent WWHL appearance, she is constantly having fits of nervous laughter, which makes me wonder about her mental health. Her anxiety levels must be off the charts.

I think it must be hard for Ashlee to find her place professionally. Her sister went from modest fame as a performer, to mega fame on a reality show, to even greater success with her billion dollar fashion brand, and her husband was raised extremely wealthy among the biggest names in the history of entertainment, so maybe she wonders what she brings to the table. She's probably desperate to shake a Vanilla Ice kind of flash-in-the-pan reputation and prove herself.

• Love 11

He does realize how totally ridiculous he looks in his safari hats right? I mean how is he constantly around so many people and not one person tells him how completely laughable he looks. 

I have no idea who he actually is or if he has any talent but seems to me the show is pushing his mother/family hard to make him seem more than he is.

While I was never a JS fan I never disliked her (always seemed kinda dumb and taken advantage of to me), but Ashlee never appealed to me. The desperate wanna be sister. Always trying too hard. Good to see not much has changed.

I'll tune in occasionally for the snark value I guess (although even for snark the first episode was quite boring and uninteresting).

• Love 5

God help me but I still LOVE Ashley's first album and loudly singing along with most of it. I think it's because I watched her first show and the songs grew on my normally alternative music-loving self. (Which is also the reason one of my guilty pleasures is a 2004 Vince Neil song after hearing it several times in a 2004 show about his "comeback" based on the hope that it would be a hit.) 

It's one of the few that's been in my car visor CD holder car for about 20 years! However, I did recently and finally move it out of the holder to make way for a bunch of psychedelic music--a genre that I suddenly veered off into in my 50s-- but I still haul it out of the case on the floor a few times a year and play it.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

God help me but I still LOVE Ashley's first album and loudly singing along with most of it

Oh, dear. I'm afraid the only proper thing to do, in order to spare his delicate ears from anymore of this, is send me that beautiful ginger cat in your avatar. I'll give you my address.

14 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I haven't seen the show...couldn't be less interested if I tried. I just wanted to see if they managed to get anyone at all to watch. This reeks of desperation. 

Cheer up. What can it mean? I believe he daydreams and it's her sister who was homecoming queen.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

Oh, dear. I'm afraid the only proper thing to do, in order to spare his delicate ears from anymore of this, is send me that beautiful ginger cat in your avatar. I'll give you my address.

Cheer up. What can it mean? I believe he daydreams and it's her sister who was homecoming queen.

Nooo, you can't have my Scout! Plus, he weighs 21 lbs. so it would cost a fortune in shipping unless you also live in Oregon...but even if you do, the answer is still NO! I love orange kitties and want to always have one in my life because they are super sweet. I also obviously love To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm female like the character so that's why it's my username, but the name Scout just fit him perfectly from the first second I got him when he was only two months old. He's six now.

• Love 7

There is something off putting about Evan and by that I mean his facial manscaping, especially his moustache.  It seems corny.  I get a desperate vibe from these two, especially the way he had to change his "professional name" to Ross. To ride his mom's coattails?   It's a common name and although Diana Ross is an icon there are also bigger household names. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I lost interest and respect for her when she had her nose job. Her original nose was fine.

Looking up before and after photos, I think she may have had more than one. Whatever number nose job this current one is, it looks good.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Love 4
On 10/9/2018 at 5:47 PM, DangerousMinds said:

I lost interest and respect for her when she had her nose job. Her original nose was fine.

Yes!  I knew something was off!  Sad because I really liked the anti Jessica, the old Ashlee, but now it seems like she's wanting to be just like her...Now she's after a Clothes line..Shoe line etc. Give me a break.  And Evan?  How long is he going to ride on Mama's coat tails...Get a job dude!

• Love 4
On 10/6/2018 at 4:26 PM, 7-Zark-7 said:

I was interested in this largely for a peek at the sprawling Ross family. The first episode didn't disappoint. Even Diana herself, was there. Unfortunately, Evan and Ashlee come across as the least interesting people in the crew.

On 10/7/2018 at 10:57 PM, sleepyjean said:

I haven't seen the show...couldn't be less interested if I tried. I just wanted to see if they managed to get anyone at all to watch. This reeks of desperation. 

Seriously.

Dear Evan, Ashlee, & people around them,

Stop trying to make Evan Ross and/or Ashlee-Simpson-Take-2 happen. It's not going to happen. Ya'll are boring.

KThanksBye,

Everyone

P.S. I personally have secondhand embarrassment for ya'll over this show...particularly for you, Ashlee. Girl...no.  You're married to Diana Ross's son. Just sit back, don't get divorced, & wait for the inheritance. Do charity work or go get a degree in something for fun if you're bored. There's no need for all this. Let's be real.

On 10/10/2018 at 1:01 AM, Scout Finch said:

Can't resist posting this picture from the day I took him home. He has such a major attitude: "I am the one who knocks!"

Baby Scout.jpg

Your cat's reality TV show would be infinitely more exciting than Evan & Ashlee's show.

6 hours ago, Saltgypsie said:

And Evan?  How long is he going to ride on Mama's coat tails...Get a job dude!

What does it say that this kid's mom is FREAKING DIANA ROSS and he still hasn't been able to establish his musical career in a meaningful way? He has all the connections in the world, a nice enough voice, money for top-notch lessons/equiptment, etc...yet it still hasn't happened. Something is off here.  The kid is....mediocre? Sleepy? Boring AF? Unlikeable? Desperate? I just don't know (I don't think it's because he isn't getting a fair shake because he's Diana's son; I don't believe that at all for multiple reasons because...well, see Hank Williams III & many other underwhelming relations of superstars who still manage to have "careers").  Maybe like @IDreamofJoaquin said upthread, it's his awful facial manscaping. Yuck. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 6

I actually didn't mind this.  I just got real, nice people vibes off of Ashlee and Evan.  And they seem to genuinely love each other.  The show is fabricated and their friend group is obnoxious, but... there was something lovable about this couple, who I never bothered to investigate before.  

• Love 4
On 10/7/2018 at 6:31 PM, Scout Finch said:

God help me but I still LOVE Ashlee's first album and loudly singing along with most of it. I think it's because I watched her first show and the songs grew on my normally alternative music-loving self. (Which is also the reason one of my guilty pleasures is a 2004 Vince Neil song after hearing it several times in a 2004 show about his "comeback" based on the hope that it would be a hit.) 

It's one of the few that's been in my car visor CD holder car for about 20 years! However, I did recently and finally move it out of the holder to make way for a bunch of psychedelic music--a genre that I suddenly veered off into in my 50s-- but I still haul it out of the case on the floor a few times a year and play it.

11 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

I actually didn't mind this.  I just got real, nice people vibes off of Ashlee and Evan.  And they seem to genuinely love each other.  The show is fabricated and their friend group is obnoxious, but... there was something lovable about this couple, who I never bothered to investigate before.  

Their friend group is insane. Do they really act like that? They come off like they're constantly on something 

• Love 4

Wow, I am SO late to this party! I didn't even know about this show until I saw a blurb about the season finale...while watching a DVR'd Total Divas that aired two months ago.

Probably am talking to the wall here, but I am not surprised this show isn't very popular. Ashlee is just a sad sack that seems to fail at life. It's like no matter what outlet she tries- no one cares. And I am not even only talking about regular celebrity pursuits like acting, singing, etc. Remember when Mary Kate Olsen and Kate Bosworth and Nicole Richie were all famous for being super skinny in the mid 2000s? So Ashlee drops a bunch of weight around that time too, and no one even notices. Nicole Richie and Jessica Alba get pregnant and then have all this "lifestyle" products and cooking and exercise programs they push (like a mommy brand) and attain some level of interest. Ashlee tries and no one cares about baby Mowgli (that's his name right?). She gets a role on Melrose Place, and while other reboots at that time enjoy some modicum of success, everyone hates Melrose Place (or couldn't be bothered to watch it in the first place). And now her reality show is boring.

On 10/7/2018 at 8:31 PM, Scout Finch said:

God help me but I still LOVE Ashley's first album and loudly singing along with most of it. I think it's because I watched her first show and the songs grew on my normally alternative music-loving self. (Which is also the reason one of my guilty pleasures is a 2004 Vince Neil song after hearing it several times in a 2004 show about his "comeback" based on the hope that it would be a hit.) 

Don't know if this was her first album or not, but I challenge anyone to listen to L.O.V.E. while driving and not car dance.

• Love 4
On 11/26/2018 at 8:45 AM, Tatum said:

Probably am talking to the wall here, but I am not surprised this show isn't very popular. Ashlee is just a sad sack that seems to fail at life. It's like no matter what outlet she tries- no one cares. And I am not even only talking about regular celebrity pursuits like acting, singing, etc.

I think marrying Diana Ross's son is probably the best shot she has now at any kind of security to continue to live a certain lifestyle (without Jessica bankrolling it) and managing to maintain some kind of notoriety.  It was a smart move (assuming they stay married and all). 

• Love 1
(edited)

I am super super super late to this party! Had no idea the show existed until it popped up on my Amazon Prime. 
   I can’t really hate on these two. I second the first poster’s observation about these young men and their breathy voices though. That seems to be a trend lately! 
   Here’s how I know I watch way way way too many of these stupid reality TV shows… I immediately recognized Ashlee’s “friend “ Stephanie as one of Tori Spelling’s friends on “True Tori”.  Methinks she has failed as an actress and has had to settle for a career as a “friend” on D-list celebrities’ reality shows. I remember her in particular (from “True Tori” ) because she always seemed to be fighting the temptation to look at the camera. She was very very very aware of how she appeared on camera throughout  “True Tori “ and seems to have amped up her “crazy “personality for “Ashlee & Evan”.

Anyway… It does seem that Ashlee and Evan really love each other and are nice enough people. I have nothing against either one of them and wish them the best. And yes, I pretty much watched the first episode just to see if any of Evan’s family members would show up, and they did. Mission accomplished.

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • Love 1