Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Hot in Hollywood

• Start Topic

I continue to hate clue boom.   The dice game was better than the letter game but I didn't love it, but I enjoyed the rest.   

I would have picked Andy Richter for the final round.   Though I'm shocked that the civilian got 9.   

I enjoy Clue Boom, but I think I would enjoy it more if it was not on every episode.  I think that was my problem with Hoe Do you Do Do.  I continue to love the Monotone game.  I think it is the right mix of easy and maddeningly difficult. I would have picked Andy or Billy for the final.  Did Mekhi think he couldn't say shows or jobs the celebrity would be known for? Really, is doing a bad impression easier than saying "He's the President"? I can't believe the civilian did as well as he did with such horrible clues.

Mekhi screwed the pooch on the final round, and had he gotten over himself and just said "Taxi Driver" and "our President" when the time came, they could have had time for a simple "Two and Half Men" to get Charlie Sheen and win. That civilian did seem to have a bit of a crush on Mekhi, he kept picking him for things for no evident reason. That said, I'm not sure there was a clear Best Choice on the guys' team; all of them had their fumbley moments. 

Actually, all in all this was one of our better combinations of celebs, I think. Nobody was really bothersome to me (Billy did his shouty shtick only between games, not during), they were fun, and they were all in there doing their best.

That said, I'm not sure there was a clear Best Choice on the guys' team; all of them had their fumbley moments.

I don't think I've seen another Valerie Bertanelli episode, but I'm not sure there was a clear choice on either team. I think I would've gone with Mekhi because he SEEMED to know stuff more than the others did. I think he must've gotten the rules mixed up in his mind somehow, because he really was struggling with how to describe the person without the obvious clue - the current president or 2.5 Men. 

While he may have seemed to know things, he is also the one on their team who didn't get Mambo Number 5, when they had just said, "Mambo Number 5."  He also had trouble with 12 Years a Slave.  I thought he was a fine contestant on the couch, but there is no way he was the best option for the final game. I would have gone with the guy who is on a late night talk show, so sees many of these celebs regularly, or the guy who w.ho has a pop culture game show.  I saw someone who thought Doug had a bit of a crush on Mekhi, which also occurred to me.  All in all though, I enjoyed this episode.  I love the charades game and the new block game was fun.

Does anyone know if we are getting new episodes all summer?

Billy and Andy were CLEARLY strong choices. As Tara mentioned in her post, Andy is a Celebrity Jeopardy! superstar and I thought he did very well in the charades round. Plus, the talk show thing. Billy and celebrities is a no-brainer, and he did well in most of the rounds, except for the brand mascots. Mekhi was definitely the worst choice of all 6 celebs, and I'm pretty sure his performance in the bonus round is the worst we've seen. I'm mad at him for being so terrible, but it's Doug's fault for picking him when he clearly was the wrong man for the job.

I don't think I've seen another Valerie Bertanelli episode, but I'm not sure there was a clear choice on either team.

Valerie played the final round in a previous appearance, and while she stumbled a little at times, she got the job done and her contestant won with time to spare. I remember because she did get Barack Obama in that round and she said, "He is our president." So at least she's smarter than Mekhi.

(edited)

IDK how this show got off my DVR because I enjoy it and apparently I've missed some eppys. Anyway, catching up on On Demand "no forward functionality." (functionality?) Saw the Hot in Cleveland versus the guys and Andy Richter one. I like Valerie, so there's that.

Jane to Andy: "Why are you here?"

Andy: "I need attention."

Clue Boom makes me nervous.

The block game seems awkward. Not only do you have to figure out what's on all sides of your block, but then get yourself in line with the others.

Monotune was harder than I thought it'd be.

Andy was cracking me up with his, "what is?....." as if he were on Jeopardy. And he did it more than once. heh

Edited by ari333
Andy was cracking me up with his, "what is?....." as if he were on Jeopardy. And he did it more than once. heh

I'm sympathetic because I do that when I play along with non-Jeopardy! trivia games and I've never even been on the show.  And I know other people do it, too, because I've heard it so many times on "Ask Me Another".  But it was still funny.

I thought Andy Richter was such an obvious choice for the final round that I was shocked anyone would go any other way.  Granted, if the guy hadn't actually seen Andy on Celebrity Jeopardy! (and thus didn't realize that he wasn't just a winner there but an all-time standout) I guess it isn't obvious, but he's still on a talk show, meaning he meets celebrities all the damn time.  

Even so I didn't expect Mekhi to do as poorly as he did in the final round.  And actually, I guess getting 9 isn't that poor, but all credit to the civilian for that since Mekhi's clues were so pathetic.  I did love watching Billy dying over the hilarity/awfulness of the clues.  As soon as the word "vagina" left Mekhi's mouth I think Billy was done for.