Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Stuck

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On 10/11/2018 at 8:34 PM, Court said:

I have been terrified of escalators my entire life. I'm not sure why but clearly something traumatized me. Even to this day, I avoid them and I really hesitate before actually using one. 

My son fell down one at the Atlanta airport. My mom fell trying to grab him to prevent the fall. Let's just say no one told me until the next day in person because they know of my extreme fear. This episode did nothing to help me!

In the early 90s, my dad watched Rescue 9-1-1, and I vividly remember watching an episode when I was 3 or 4 about a kid getting his shoe stuck in an escalator. I always was terrified of escalators as a little kid and always made sure my shoes were on really tight with no loose laces whenever I rode one (still do). I've never even thought of the possibility of falling in one until this episode. I honestly thought the guy had the most creative proposal for his girlfriend, and then ... bam. My boyfriend and I were just looking at rings the day before I saw this episode, so that scene really stuck with me. (I guess I'll need to advise he not propose on an escalator?!) 

I loved how the crew interacted with Christopher and included him. While it may or may not be realistic, I enjoyed the scene. I love how the little boy who plays Christopher actually has cerebral palsy. So often kids with disabilities are played by kids who don't have them - so I love that 9-1-1 is being fully inclusive with this part.

• Love 6
On 9/10/2018 at 5:10 PM, Empress1 said:

I've never found Peter Krause particularly attractive but when Bobby strides through an area all "LAFD, stand clear" or "Captain Bobby [Lastname], how can I help you?" it's kind of hot..

It really is. I think it's his voice, too. Seriously, Buck and Eddie who?

That said, Buck has turned into this actually likeable character, and he's pretty funny too, and Eddie may be a bit of a Gary Stu but he's actually likeable as well (probably because he's not getting too much screentime, and also because his kid is precious!), and their friendship is sweet to watch, and when Carla showed up I cheered, and, like, good job show? For making me care about these hotties on more than a shallow level?

I also loved the Chim storyline, and I agree with the comments above that it was necessary. Kenneth Choi is so good at showing emotion, and Chim/Hen scenes are always the highlight of an episode, and dammit can I get a Peter Krause hug too? Those look like they feel really good. I loved how Eddie just went in for the hug unprompted, and how Chim just snuggled in there. Aw.

And I did appreciate the Athena storyline as well. I liked that her (female, which was important) Captain didn't push, she simply said "whatever you do, this time it'll be your choice", speaking as another woman who had made her own choice to pursue a high-ranking career, I liked that Athena's husband, who had witnessed her previous attemtps to get a promotion first hand, was pushing her a tiny bit, because he had probably shared her frustration over the years, and I especially loved that Bobby could relate to her the most, and already knew her decision, because he knew what it's like to be out there helping people directly, and he also knew how important is not to take your personal happiness for granted. Leaving it all behind and coming home to a  person you care about can be more than enough for a lot of people, and there's nothing wrong with that.

On 9/10/2018 at 8:29 PM, tvgoddess said:

I really liked this episode a lot. The character development was well done, and I'm getting attached to most of them. It's definitely not a typical procedural which I tend to avoid. So glad that they found a way for Carla to come back, which actually made good sense.

Agreed. This show is better than it has any right to be.

On 10/10/2018 at 7:38 PM, iMonrey said:

Guys who look like Ryan Guzman/Eddie may be the norm on TV shows but go to your nearest fire station and tell me if you see anyone working there who's anywhere near that good looking. I thought it was pretty realistic when all the drunk girls at the bar were falling all over him. I maintain people that attractive are an aberration. That's why they're on TV in the first place.

Two weeks ago a water delivery guy got stuck in an elevator at my work, and we had to call 911. Not gonna lie, I freshened up my makeup before the firefighters arrived. Needless to say, none of them looked anything remotely like Eddie (or Bobby, which I would have happily accepted, lol).

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Princess Lucky said:

Two weeks ago a water delivery guy got stuck in an elevator at my work, and we had to call 911. Not gonna lie, I freshened up my makeup before the firefighters arrived. Needless to say, none of them looked anything remotely like Eddie (or Bobby, which I would have happily accepted, lol).

That must have been disappointing!  I know that there must be firefighters somewhere that are good looking and in shape; but it's not in my area. Most of the firefighters around here are in their 40's-50's with a gut. 

3 hours ago, Princess Lucky said:

Agreed. This show is better than it has any right to be.

I'm really liking this show which is surprising considering I couldn't get into it last season.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:29 PM, Whimsy said:

I have grown to like this show. I really have. Sometimes, though, just sometimes, they do something I just can’t let go and it bothers me to no end. This time it was them allowing Christopher to ride with them on a call, or even just hanging out at the station. There’s no WAY that would happen. There’s ginormous liability issues with that. Also, they didn’t know what they were getting into with that car accident. It could’ve been gruesome. That’s negligence to bring him to that.

While I loved that the crew stepped up to help Eddie with Christopher, the ride along to an emergency was too much! They could have had the same scenes that they had in the fire truck at the station and then the aunt could have picked Christopher up right before they went out on the call. 

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:11 PM, gesundheit said:

Oh, and I was going to say how utterly unnecessary the narration is. I wish they'd drop it completely -- though from next week's preview, it sounded like Athena doing it. I'd be much more amenable if it switched from character to character!

The narration is annoying. I find it especially annoying that Jennifer Love Hewitt seems to be doing it all the time; it makes it feel like the show is about her and her journey. 

• Love 1
On 2018-10-11 at 2:29 PM, Giuseppe said:

This makes me remember a movie I saw a lonnnggg time ago as a little kid...can't remember the movie, but these girls were going up an escalator. One of them dropped something and bent to pick it up, and her necklace got caught and pulled her down with it and was strangling her. That very scene scarred me but good and I'm pretty sure I changed the channel and never looked back, lol. Does that sound familiar to anyone? I actually think it was a horror movie.

I believe that movie was The Kiss.

• Love 1
On 10/11/2018 at 1:16 PM, Hannah Lee said:

I am still somewhat traumatized from a Homicide: Life on the Street episode where Vincent D'Onofrio was pushed off a subway platform and was pinned by a train, and they spent most of the episode with him.  He was awake and talking, but everyone around knew that as soon as they moved the train car away from him, he was a goner.  Haunting.

The minute the escalator gave way, THIS was the first thing I thought of and figured it would go in the same direction so I wasn't shocked when proposing guy died (sad, but not shocked) ... I'm also terrified of escalator (only going down, not up ... I stand there hesitating with my foot in the air to get a good grip with plenty of room in front of me).