Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Awful People

Drogo
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Court said:

The show is called 911. The dispatcher and the center should be an integral part of it. I wanted more of it last year. I'm really enjoying this season and I'm glad I gave JLH a chance. 

Can we please keep this about this show and not criminal minds?

Learning more about the job of a 911 dispatcher would be nice, but with JLH's "acting"... no thanks.
If they want to show 911 dispatchers I'd say bring back Gloria:

"- Did he break your legs first? - Go chase him and get it back."
"- If you were really going to jump, I doubt you'd be calling me."

We need more of this.

Not really. Bring back Connie/Abby.

Folks, if someone's posts are bugging you (but they're not breaking any rules) please feel free to use the Ignore feature.  Now with even fewer steps!

1) Hover over their avatar image.

2) Click on "Ignore User."

3) Live in bliss for the rest of your days.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Blackbird999999lol said:

Learning more about the job of a 911 dispatcher would be nice, but with JLH's "acting"... no thanks.
If they want to show 911 dispatchers I'd say bring back Gloria:

"- Did he break your legs first? - Go chase him and get it back."
"- If you were really going to jump, I doubt you'd be calling me."

We need more of this.

Not really. Bring back Connie/Abby.

This is the reason that I'm not a 911 operator. I have never been good with suicides. I would answer the same way Gloria did. I also don't do well with whining. Go figure that most of my career was in residential treatment for teenagers. I actually did tell a girl one day that her plan was flawed and she needed a much higher building to jump off of. I know that sounds horrible but that was her MO. Calmed her down and yes she is alive today. Now you know why my name is Reality Police. That nickname was due to the fact that I didn't put up with the BS. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Reality police said:

This is the reason that I'm not a 911 operator. I have never been good with suicides. I would answer the same way Gloria did. I also don't do well with whining. Go figure that most of my career was in residential treatment for teenagers. I actually did tell a girl one day that her plan was flawed and she needed a much higher building to jump off of. I know that sounds horrible but that was her MO. Calmed her down and yes she is alive today. Now you know why my name is Reality Police. That nickname was due to the fact that I didn't put up with the BS. 

The worst is when someone is threatening suicide if you don't want to date them. I hate turning people down I feel like a bad person already... pls start guilt tripping me and tell me about your horrible ex gf who left a scar on your heart and tell me how I just made you feel 100 times worse about yourself.

I mean I wouldn't say what Gloria said but I don't think I would be able to save anyone from committing suicide.
I could never be a 911 dispatcher. So much responsibilities.

• Love 2

The show would do much better without the 911 dispatcher. She's unnecessary, uninteresting and takes away so much time from others, the "acting" is obnoxious, her crying is fake and she obviously can't be mentioned on the same page as the other actors in the show. 

I take it there is some residual animosity towards Jennifer Love Hewitt based on some other show I'm not familiar with but I disagree the show would be better off without the 9-1-1 dispatcher. I like that part of it and it's something makes this show unique. Without it you'd just have another police or firefighter procedural, and there's already a glut of those on TV. Why even call the show 9-1-1 if you don't have a character that works for 9-1-1? You could just call it "Emergency: L.A." or something. 

I have no problem with JLH but I'm not familiar with whatever grievances she caused fans prior to this show. I actually prefer her character to Connie Britton's I think, mostly because I didn't buy the relationship between Abby and Buck. 

• Love 13
On 10/17/2018 at 3:03 PM, ajsnaves said:

Bobby seems to know an awful lot of medicine for not being a paramedic though.  He’s able to diagnose and treat a lot of injuries/ailments.  This seems to be the first time he was not able to do something.  (Maybe it was a liability thing. Need to be licensed to perform an intubation.)

First responders and even lay good Samaratins are only protected from liability if they do screw something up if what they screwed up is within their training/is reasonable. Bobby cannot practice outside his training, and if he did, if he got sued, the city would have no obligation to indemnify or defend. 

Same if you as a lay person try to help at an accident scene. By all means employ your first aid training, but in the absence of certain life or death circumstances, don't go nuts and try a tracheotomy in the field with a pen cap just because you feel like EMT is lolly gagging. Don't go nuts. 

On 10/22/2018 at 9:39 AM, Blackbird999999lol said:

The worst is when someone is threatening suicide if you don't want to date them. I hate turning people down I feel like a bad person already... pls start guilt tripping me and tell me about your horrible ex gf who left a scar on your heart and tell me how I just made you feel 100 times worse about yourself.

I mean I wouldn't say what Gloria said but I don't think I would be able to save anyone from committing suicide.
I could never be a 911 dispatcher. So much responsibilities.

Sorry for the double post, but if someone is threatening suicide because you won't date them, go ahead and report their threat to their own lives to the authorities. They'll either get much-needed help, or a talking-to about such a stunt. It isn't your responsibility to determine how serious they are. How horribly manipulative. 

5 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

Sorry for the double post, but if someone is threatening suicide because you won't date them, go ahead and report their threat to their own lives to the authorities. They'll either get much-needed help, or a talking-to about such a stunt. It isn't your responsibility to determine how serious they are. How horribly manipulative. 

I just kept repeating "it's not you it's me" until he moved on. He messaged me on FB a few months ago, but I never checked it. My sister had a bf like him. These kind of people thrieve on manipulating and guilt tripping others. When my sister and this guy were fighting over something he would start hurting himself, one time he threw himself off the stairs. Every time she tried to leave him he got hysterical and threatened his own well being. I was really young at the time but I was able to tell that something was OFF with him other than being an overly emotional 18yo. It wasn't easy, but my sister got rid of him. I ran into the guy a few years ago and he was still alive so everything's good (I guess). I wish for both of them to get the help they need.

As for the episode: Why in the world would they air this one after "Stuck"? 2x06 continues exactly where Stuck left off.

Edited by Blackbird999999lol
On 10/15/2018 at 10:50 PM, tvgoddess said:

The emotion behind Hen and Karen's relationship and their love for their son definitely stole the show for me. I

I REALLY hope that Nathaniel becomes part of the storyline down the road ... they've done a good job bringing in (can't remember his character's name but Rockmond Dunbar whom I love) more this season. Hen and Karen are one of my favorite TV couples, bar none ... doesn't hurt that I adore Aisha Hinds and Tracie Thoms.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:31 AM, Empress1 said:

Every time I see Angela Bassett, I think "She's so beautiful.

I watched the three most recent episodes in a row last night (for some reason, the first two had only partially recorded) and I thought those exact words at least 10 different times in those 2 1/2 hours.