Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Down To the Wire

• Start Topic

We hear a lot about Amber worrying that Dave’s not in to her but is she in to him?  I don’t see it.  All I see is insecurity.  That has to be tiring.  Dave comes across as an ass.

Bobby is my favorite on the show.  I know that she has trouble expressing her feelings but it must be hard for him at this point to pour his heart out and get nothing in return.

I wish Tristan and Mia would just be done already.  They are both awful and have strange names saved for their mothers on their phones ?

• Love 20
10 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I think Amber should have waited to have sex until she felt more emotionally secure in the relationship. I personally would feel very insecure if I was having sex every single night with a guy and yet I wasn't sure if he was completely mesmerized by and attracted to me. 

Going to add- the only reason I would ever be having sex every night with a guy is because I felt extremely secure about his feelings to me. 

7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

No dogs but Bobby’s cute niece, Lola made an appearance.

Bobby got testy with Dave’s doubting his marriage...stay in your own lane with Amber and don’t swerve into his and Danielle’s.

Did Dave put his shirt on the floor at the hotel?  Have fun picking other people’s pubes off your clothes.....

Dave is withdrawing from Amber and she knows it.....

Bobby is kinda pissy in this episode...he’s is as annoyed as the audience is that it is too long at 90 minutes...

3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I believe the producers went to Tristan and asked him, maybe even paid him to stick it out.  They did not want a repeat of Heather and Dave (I think that was his name).  Also, Mia is light skinned, and Tristan was okay with that.  Now Tristan sees Mia is a liar and a loon, and he wants out but HE doesn’t want to be the one to ask for a divorce.  So now that Mia is the one who this talking divorce and is the one who left, Tristan can be rid of her without doing anything.

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Mia is a liar and maybe a loon but Tristan is a big mommas boy!  He cornered Mia in the car on their way to their first honeymoon!  He could have had that talk much earlier but he waited til she had to sit and listen to his rampage.  He acted like a big crybaby!

Personally I would not want either of them!

If I were having sex with a guy twice a day and he only rated me a 5 on the marriage scale, I would be so out of there.

It occurred to me that Dave and Amber actually have nice lives. They both seem to be financially stable, have good careers, a good group of close friends, and plenty of free time to enjoy their hobbies. I am around their age and have been married for over 10 years. I have two small children and work full time. I would kill to be able to devote a giant chunk of my life to a daily workout routine and beauty regime like Amber. What I am saying is that I really do not think these two really need marriage in their lives. I think Dave wanted to be married because he did not want to get left behind by his friends. Amber thinks she wants a child because it is what she is supposed to want but I do not know if motherhood would really suit her. The truth is that not everyone is going to find their perfect match in life and you can have a good life and be single in the modern age.

Does anyone else think that when Mia left Tristan ran around the suite screaming "Praise, Jesus, Hallelujah!" before he composing himself to look somber for the cameras? These two could have been replaced by sock puppets and it would look less fake. 

Danielle and Bobby will be fine. The love you drama is either producer manipulation for just Danielle being prudent which I think is smart on her part. Plus I live in a dream world where all their dogs are now best friends and can't live without each other.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 21
10 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

...And when Tristan calls his mom, why does it say "Woman"??

That was so weird!

Look, show: y'all fucked up with Mia and Tristan. I felt so bad for Tristan when he was saying he was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I think he was crying. And Mia, I feel like when you tell someone you want a divorce and leave in the middle of the night, you can't come back talking about "wow, it's been a roller coaster." Your marriage is over!

Amber, if you don't know if someone likes you after 7 weeks - and not just 7 dating weeks, but 7 weeks where you've been living together - he probably doesn't.

7 minutes ago, qtpye said:

It occurred to me that Dave and Amber actually have nice lives. They both seem to be financially stable, have good careers, a good group of close friends, and plenty of free time to enjoy their hobbies. I am around their age and have been married for over 10 years. I have two small children and work full time. I would kill to be able to devote a giant chunk of my life to a daily workout routine and beauty regime like Amber. What I am saying is that I really do not think these two really need marriage in their lives. I think Dave wanted to be married because he did not want to get left behind by his friends. Amber thinks she wants a child because it is what she is supposed to want but I do not know if motherhood would really suit her. The truth is that not everyone is going to find their perfect match in life and you can have a good life and be single in the modern age.

You absolutely can (one of my mother's best friends never married or had children and she has a fantastic life - travels all over the world, has always been financially stable, owns two homes, spends a lot of time with nieces and nephews), but that's not the message women receive ("bachelor" vs. "spinster") even in this day and age. If Amber wants a marriage and family because that's what she's supposed to want, I totally get it - it would take a lot to undo that messaging, particularly if all her friends are married.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Here we go again...now Mia tells Tristan she wants a divorce. Probably another fake out, they’ll be talked into getting back together. 

I was watching something else and went back and forth to this show.  Every time I went back, I saw a closeup of Mia’s face and got disgusted.  Just can’t look at her anymore for some reason.  The worst season ever.

• Love 5

Watching now and am liking Dave's friend, Adrian. He speaks the truth. No matter how often Dave tells Amber he is attracted to her or how often they make love, Amber intuitively feels Dave is not into her, which only fuels her insecurities further.  And Dave is still on the fence and rates his marriage a 5/10 after almost 7 weeks! He may stay married on decision day but I do not see him staying in this marriage long term.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

You absolutely can (one of my mother's best friends never married or had children and she has a fantastic life - travels all over the world, has always been financially stable, owns two homes, spends a lot of time with nieces and nephews), but that's not the message women receive ("bachelor" vs. "spinster") even in this day and age. If Amber wants a marriage and family because that's what she's supposed to want, I totally get it - it would take a lot to undo that messaging, particularly if all her friends are married.

Dear Amber, just wait two...three...four years, all your friends will be divorced/on their second or third marriage.  But are all Amber's friends married?  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

He could have been done with her at the airport

And he should have been.

I think they are all full of shit.  They either want the money or maybe fame.

• Love 3

I think Tristan and Mia's marriage has already evolved to what happens to many couples 10, 20 years down the road. They no longer speak as a team out for each other its become everyone for themselves. They remember all past wounds and slights and bring the list out every time they have a disagreement. There is no concession on each others part or even attempting to resolve issues. Only 7 weeks into this marriage and they have become like married couples who can barely stand the sight of each other. 

Edited by DrewPaul2010
typo
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Lacy4u said:

I wonder if the the reason why Mia and Tristan went to another City in Texas (Austin) for their mini-moon is because Mia can't travel outside of Texas?

BINGO !

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Dear Amber, just wait two...three...four years, all your friends will be divorced/on their second or third marriage.  But are all Amber's friends married?  

I have divorced friends. I have divorced and remarried friends. I remember I was out to lunch with a male friend of mine a few years ago who is about five years older than I am and it was a point in my life where I was in a bunch of weddings, and I was lamenting the cost. (Being a bridesmaid kind of sucks. Nobody talks about it, but it does.) He was like, "Just wait until you're my age and you're going to second-time-around weddings." (He'd never been married at that point but he's married now.) I was out with a married friend last night - she's her husband's second wife (she's never been married before; her husband is older than she).

I don't think all of Amber's friends are married. That one at the gym that she was insecure about wasn't married.

34 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Watching now and am liking Dave's friend, Adrian. He speaks the truth. No matter how often Dave tells Amber he is attracted to her or how often they make love, Amber intuitively feels Dave is not into her, which only fuels her insecurities further.  And Dave is still on the fence and rates his marriage a 5/10 after almost 7 weeks! He may stay married on decision day but I do not see him staying in this marriage long term.

I like him too. When he asked why Amber doesn't believe Dave is attracted to her if Dave is doing everything he can to convince her, that was a good question. If I recall correctly, Dave didn't have an answer.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, OnTime said:

But Dave tell us they have had sex every night, not missing a single night. Yet he is on the fence about staying married.

Ok then.

So he’s using her to the fullest, then going to dump her?  Dirtbag!

• Love 6

Ugh. Tristan is not wrong that Mia plays the victim but there is no question in my mind that he threw her out. They can both get off my tv.

If the best you can say about your marriage is that you are “squarely on the fence”, or you are questioning whether your partner actually likes you despite having sex with you daily, it’s probably best to throw in the towel. These two are just a mismatch.

Sure, ok Bobby, there’s nothing wrong in your relationship, except the fact that YOUR WIFE MAY NOT LOVE YOU! That being said, I really hope she’s just waiting until the end or saying something in private because I’m going to be super bummed if these two don’t make it.

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I think a lot of folks who remain single will at some point wish they did marry and experience the joy, trials and tribulations of marriage. A single life is inherently a self centered life. Your only concern is with yourself. We are usually at our happiest when not focused on ourselves but when we help others...

• Love 2
11 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Dave's friend is right about him. Dave says what he's supposed to but Amber can still tell that he's not into her. His competitiveness with Bobby is really off-putting. I disliked when Dave said that the Tristan and Mia trainwreck made him feel better about his own marriage. What a garbage thing to say. That's why he doesn't like Bobby and Danielle -- because they are doing so much better than he and Amber. They shouldn't let the couples interact if this is going to be the result.

Mia and Tristan should have called it quits about two dozen times by now. I'm really tired of their drama.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Bobby. He's so head over heels in love with Danielle and she's just like, "okay." Some women don't like a man who fawns all over her particularly when her feelings for him aren't as strong. I think they may stay together initially but I don't know if they will still be together in 2-3 years.

If Amber feels like Dave is not into her, she should not let him “into her”.  What, is She a mop to be used, then discarded?

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

If Amber feels like Dave is not into her, she should not let him “into her”.  What, is She a mop to be used, then discarded?

Pretty much. 

It's sad that *any* woman would be that desperate to convince a man like Dave to stay with her. 

• Love 5

Yay San Antonio! Wonder if Dave and Amber's hotel was on the Riverwalk? I was there in 2016 and it just happened to be during their weeklong Fiesta! Celebration. So fun! My son moved from NYC to Austin 4 years ago and loves it. Too bad Mia and Tristan were in such a bad place that they could not enjoy their minimoon there.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, EctoGammat said:

Don't forget they also do it in the morning! Because it's very important for us to know, apparently. 

Well, that’s very nice of Dave .. in the night and then in the morning.  Is Amber thinking he loves her because of all the sex?  Sometimes I think she has a screw loose.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I think a lot of folks who remain single will at some point wish they did marry and experience the joy, trials and tribulations of marriage. A single life is inherently a self centered life. Your only concern is with yourself. We are usually at our happiest when not focused on ourselves but when we help others...

I actually agree that for me (not speaking for anyone else), happiness comes from connection and helping (I volunteer in a couple of different ways and have since I was in my teens), but you can help others without being married. Volunteer work, religious institution-affiliated work, you can be in a helping profession (my mom's never-married friend is a retired career educator) ... there are lots of ways to help people and forge meaningful connections that have nothing to do with romantic relationships and marriage.

Re: folks who remain single and wish they were married, I'll just say I disagree based on anecdotal evidence, and leave it at that. There really are people out there who are happy to be single and actively choose not to marry.

1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

Well, that’s very nice of Dave .. in the night and then in the morning.  Is Amber thinking he loves her because of all the sex?  Sometimes I think she has a screw loose.

I don't think she thinks he loves her (because at least from where I'm sitting, he clearly doesn't), and that's what's making her so insecure.

• Love 9

The last two seasons the idea of having MAFS couples meet and share their experience seemed like a good idea but this season it doesn't seem to be working as well. The eight week deadline is an artificial deadline for the sake of drama. If Dave and Amber decide to stay married it may give Amber a big security boost that Dave is committed to her. I wouldn't be shocked if Dave does opt out, I don't believe he is sold on this marriage but he is committed to the eight weeks. They clearly enjoy sex with each other and who knows that part of their relationship may continue even if they divorce...it happens. 

I'm still waiting for the segment where Bobby finally blows up about the dogs. Danielle maybe waiting for some magical pixie dust and goose bumps on her neck before she tells Bobby she loves him. I admire her holding back until she is sure but love is really a come hell or high water commitment to one another...not emotional infatuation.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

If I were having sex with a guy twice a day and he only rated me a 5 on the marriage scale, I would be so out of there.

Does anyone else think that when Mia left Tristan ran around the suite screaming "Praise, Jesus, Hallelujah!" before he composing himself to look somber for the cameras? These two could have been replaced by sock puppets and it would look less fake. 

Danielle and Bobby will be fine. The love you drama is either producer manipulation for just Danielle being prudent which I think is smart on her part. Plus I live in a dream world where all their dogs are now best friends and can't live without each other.

You sound like a happy sensible woman.  Two kids and working besides.  I give you credit.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I hope this statement is a joke.  

The thing is, I wished I'd gotten married...for a few years.  I have a friend who wants to marry me, but I don't want to.  It's not about being self centered at all, in fact, I'm able to help others more because I'm NOT married.  

Its not intentionally being self-centered its inherent to being single. Do you consult with anyone to go somewhere? What to watch on TV? What to eat? Where to live? Whether to take a job in another state? The only person you have to run any decision by is yourself. If you have children every decision you make has to involve those souls and your spouse. There are a few things in life that are absolute watershed moments that alter one's life permanently, one is being married, the other having children. 

• Love 4

I predict  the following.

-All three couples will say they want to stay married, only because the producers make them.

-There will be no six months reunion show.

-A few months after the finale, they will announce the divorces except for Bobby and Danielle. I give them longer like Tom and Lilly. But it will happen.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Its not intentionally being self-centered its inherent to being single. Do you consult with anyone to go somewhere? What to watch on TV? What to eat? Where to live? Whether to take a job in another state? The only person you have to run any decision by is yourself. If you have children every decision you make has to involve those souls and your spouse. There are a few things in life that are absolute watershed moments that alter one's life permanently, one is being married, the other having children. 

There are a lot of married people who don't do either of the things you mentioned.  Not every marriage is a partnership, it should be, but it's not always that way.

There are other watershed moments that alter's your life permanently:  Death; being a victim of crime; serious illness.  One of my best friends suffered a stroke and that altered her life a hell of a lot more than getting married did.  In fact, her illness destroyed her marriage, so there is that.

• Love 18
14 hours ago, PityFree said:

Oh my God Amber I’m a woman and even I don’t want to hear about your thousand steps skin regimen. I’m sure Dave is trying to think of any excuse he can to leave that room.  Leave a little bit of mystery for him!

It is so unattractive to be that high maintenance, Amber!

I couldn't help but wonder if her regimen is part of the problem with her skin. i have heard that too much manipulation and touching can make it worse and more sensitive.

• Love 11

I forget this show is on so I have to catch up but the lame commericals tell me what I need to know. Tristan and Mia are so childish and do they do anything but lay in that boring bed in that boring room in that boring apt together?  Is she really letting him 'do' her with his black socks on?  Ugh. Dave & Amber.. painful.. she has issues and he's weird. Bobby needs a woman who is going to be just as excited about him as he is about her.  And one with less fosters maybe? All I know is that the BEST season ever (to me) was the one with Basement Ryan, Angry Ryan and '50 Shades of Grey' weirdo who didn't want to leave NJ.  I could watch that season again!

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Ugh. Tristan is not wrong that Mia plays the victim but there is no question in my mind that he threw her out. They can both get off my tv.

If the best you can say about your marriage is that you are “squarely on the fence”, or you are questioning whether your partner actually likes you despite having sex with you daily, it’s probably best to throw in the towel. These two are just a mismatch.

Sure, ok Bobby, there’s nothing wrong in your relationship, except the fact that YOUR WIFE MAY NOT LOVE YOU! That being said, I really hope she’s just waiting until the end or saying something in private because I’m going to be super bummed if these two don’t make it.

She’s a taker, he’s a giver.  So she’s having sex with him,  enjoying the comforts he provides, and doesn’t know yet if she loves him?  I think the producers know the other two couples suck, so they are keeping us in suspense until the end when Danielle finally says “ I love you” to Bobby.  Bobby is like having a maid and handy man around the house.  Who wouldn’t want him?

• Love 5
Just now, Neurochick said:

There are a lot of married people who don't do either of the things you mentioned.  Not every marriage is a partnership, it should be, but it's not always that way.

There are other watershed moments that alter's your life permanently:  Death; being a victim of crime; serious illness.  One of my best friends suffered a stroke and that altered her life a hell of a lot more than getting married did.  In fact, her illness destroyed her marriage, so there is that.

Yes the most extreme example was Scott Peterson the man who killed his pregnant wife because (IMO) he wanted to be the center of attention in his marriage. Here is a list of the most stressful things. Being married and having children should be a life altering event. If it isn't you will have serious troubles.

According to the Holmes-Rahe Life Stress Inventory, the top ten stressful life events are:

1. Death of a spouse

2. Divorce

3. Marriage separation

4. Jail term

5. Death of a close relative

6. Injury or illness

7. Marriage

8. Fired from job

9. Marriage reconciliation

10. Retirement

I would have thought marriage would be a bit higher but presumably most couples are happy at first...

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Maybe it’s like Anthony & Ashley in season 5. Where he waited until decision day to say it. Although they both didn’t say it and I’m pretty sure if one of them said it first before then, the other one would have said it back. 

I don’t really recall the show making a big deal about the love thing with other couples though. Are they doing it because nothing else is really going on with these two?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, karenbrady said:

I forget this show is on so I have to catch up but the lame commericals tell me what I need to know. Tristan and Mia are so childish and do they do anything but lay in that boring bed in that boring room in that boring apt together?  Is she really letting him 'do' her with his black socks on?  Ugh. Dave & Amber.. painful.. she has issues and he's weird. Bobby needs a woman who is going to be just as excited about him as he is about her.  And one with less fosters maybe? All I know is that the BEST season ever (to me) was the one with Basement Ryan, Angry Ryan and '50 Shades of Grey' weirdo who didn't want to leave NJ.  I could watch that season again!

Me too, and how about the season with Molly?  I just couldn’t wait for Tuesday’s and watched each episode twice.  It was that good.  Now, I think they go on for the money.  I just can’t watch this show, so I read the comments the next day.  Jamie and all the experts have to go if they have another season.  They all are hard to watch also.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, red12 said:

Oh my God Amber I’m a woman and even I don’t want to hear about your thousand steps skin regimen. I’m sure Dave is trying to think of any excuse he can to leave that room.  Leave a little bit of mystery for him!

It is so unattractive to be that high maintenance, Amber!

I wonder if she really has any clue how high maintenance children are and that they may cut into her maintenance time? I think this is a couple that would be much happier without kids. Jesus they can't even put a dresser together...I can't imagine Amber sliding her fingernails into baby poo...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Just what I was about to write!  About the time he rated me a 5 I'd tell him when I'm a 10 come and see me!

I think Dave was getting a bit turned on watching Amber do her face.  He had a big smile and was a big less critical of her for a change!

I have a friend going through a miserable divorce from an asshole!  She would love to be in Ambers single world.

Single isn't so bad when you look on the flip side!

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Just what I was about to write!  About the time he rated me a 5 I'd tell him when I'm a 10 come and see me!

I think Dave was getting a bit turned on watching Amber do her face.  He had a big smile and was a big less critical of her for a change!

I have a friend going through a miserable divorce from an asshole!  She would love to be in Ambers single world.

Single isn't so bad when you look on the flip side!

Haha, especially when you’re rated a five.  Then she goes and has sex with him twice a day.  WTF?  I’d tell him to take a walk.  I just love these women that take verbal abuse and then go back for more.

• Love 5

One thing I really noticed this episode is that they are now referring to Mia as having been arrested at the airport.  In previous episodes they kept using the word "detained" but have now changed the language.  I find that very interesting and very telling.  Perhaps production is now tired of her and are going to show her as less of a "victim" and more of an instigator.

I do believe that she told Tristan that she wanted to leave/not go with him to Houston, and then he responded by helping her leave.  I think he was genuinely shocked with Dave told him what Mia had said to the other wives.  Tristan then brought out how she continually presents herself as a victim which distorts the perspective of him that others may have.  I was not happy to see them in the previews as I really want their "story" to stop and for them to just disappear.

And yet another foster puppy for Ricky Bobby to take care of and then have to say good-bye.  By the way, I thought that their room for the "mini-moon" was really tacky.  I actually believed them when they said they were going camping.

• Love 6

Amber has sex with Dave twice a day to substitute for the lack of emotional closeness he gives her.  Unfortunately, that's not going to work.  It's only going to make her feel used and as though he doesn't really like her for anything else but sex.  Dave's friend was spot-on about how he needs to find a way to show her how he feels.  Words aren't enough.  He needs to find a way to show her in a way that she will believe.  And that's not rocket science for most guys if they really do have the feelings they say they have for a woman.

Tristan thinks Mia is trying to make him look like the bad guy, so he is continually trying to set her up to look like the bad guy and him the good guy.  Too bad we all can see for ourselves that she doesn't even have to try, he does just fine making himself look bad without any help. 

We were all primed to see Tristan as the victim in that relationship from the get-go but it's not Mia that's making him look bad right now.  He has only himself to thank for that.  Of course he should have left her at the airport, but he shouldn't stay and then think that gives him the excuse to make her pay for her dishonesty to him.  Just do the honorable thing and back out gracefully.  Otherwise he looks just as bad if not worse than she does!

I smell producer manipulation for why Danielle has not said "I love you" to Bobby.  It reminds me of other seasons where they made a non-issue into an issue with other successful couples.  Like the last name non-issue between Ashley and Anthony.  I never believed Anthony really cared about that and I don't believe Danielle hasn't said those three little words to Bobby in private.  The show is just messing with us yet again!

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, JAndy said:

I don’t really recall the show making a big deal about the love thing with other couples though. Are they doing it because nothing else is really going on with these two?

I think that is exactly it - there's nothing else interesting about them, no drama at all, just two people saying we get along great - nothing to see here! Not exactly gripping television. Unfortunately, that is the exact conundrum of this show - we want these couples to work out, but when they do, it's kind of boring.......

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

The truth is that not everyone is going to find their perfect match in life and you can have a good life and be single in the modern age

Absolutely! You can also be married and have an awesome life child free! It’s beyond me why so many people fall into the breeding trap when it’s not for them

• Love 20
1 hour ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I wonder if she really has any clue how high maintenance children are and that they may cut into her maintenance time? I think this is a couple that would be much happier without kids. Jesus they can't even put a dresser together...I can't imagine Amber sliding her fingernails into baby poo...

I think Amber, is into the idea of having a child, not the reality.

I think most of these couples are more into the idea of being married than the reality.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Tristan just couldn't shut up in the car,  could he? No,  Tristan; Mia didn't leave you the other night.  She left you TONIGHT. 

So, my husband saw himself in Tristan during that instance. He said, he will try to talk himself out of spewing but, it's as if it just erupts from him. He knows it will probably ruin the good time and he will later regret it but, when he initially does it he feels relief. He isn't holding the hot potato anymore and I'm the one whose pissed. It was nice to be able to use Tristan in the car as a teaching tool on our tv screen and not actually be involved ourselves.

I also grew up as a pleaser as I assume Mia did. I have had to train myself not to prod him asking "what's wrong" in order to relieve the pressure I feel in car/room and get the argument over with. I mentally repeat to myself, "He will talk when he talks. It's not your job to fix it". Over the years, we have reduced these incidents significantly with practice.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Mia might be a 'crybaby,' but Tristan is a bully

I don't think he's a bully; I would not want to be paired with a stalker and a thief.  

But that's why I agree with what Heather did.  She wanted a divorce right after the honeymoon.  She probably knew that if she agreed to stay married, she'd come over looking bad, because eventually she'd wind up going off on Derek and then she'd be the bully.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

People aren't inherently anything just by virtue of being either single or married.  An other-centered life is certainly possible for a single person.  In fact many religious orders all over the world in many religious traditions have encouraged being single as a way to free oneself from home responsibility so as to focus on others.

That's just like the old assumption that child-free people selfish and immature because they never wanted to have children.  Some are, but then again some people have children for selfish reasons too.

My husband and I never had kids but we have given of ourselves in other ways in our church, to our greater families, friends, pets and each other.

1 hour ago, ShowFan said:

Absolutely! You can also be married and have an awesome life child free! It’s beyond me why so many people fall into the breeding trap when it’s not for them

I agree!  I think Amber is one of those people that wants people to like her so she wants what she thinks they want.  Which is why she dyed her hair blonde.  She assumed that most men prefer a blonde woman.  She also assumes that most men that want to be married want children so she wants to make herself into that woman for him.  She should just be herself and want what she wants if she wants a man to love her for her and not for what she pretends to be.

• Love 12

When Amber asked her sister for advice I thought that was a mature thing to do since she said the sister would tell her straight.  I was wrong.  What I heard was the sister feeding her insecurities even more.  She did not give her any good advice.  Just repeated what Amber said and made it worse

• Love 6
(edited)

Danielle riding on her high horse...don't be gloating your marriage over Mia and Amber...

Danielle...did you steal your shirt from a girly mime....

Amber says she and Mia are similar...they both hate Danielle.

Amber said Dave hasn't done much to help her with her insecurities.

Bobby's and Dave's Man date at the Playground: Jenga...Bobby's revenge from Field Day.

Dave rating of 5 is giving the double handed middle fingers to Amber....F..U Amber...I'm square on the fence....

Dave did not learn his lesson, not one whit...he should have rated it 5.5...the 0.5 makes a difference to Amber

Dave can drop in for cameos when Bobby and Danielle or Bobby can drop in when Dave and Amber continue shooting for Happily Ever After....it may happen.

Mia: Your forehead is burning up...you have a fever

Tristan: I'm sick...the room is getting dark....

Mia: Let's go to the ER...err...I'll check WebbMD...haha no insurance, Tristan....hope you don't die...haha

Have some red Gatorade and look at the yellow tulips.....

Amber droning on and on about her beauty regimen....Dave probably wanted to drown himself in one of his bathroom's prison sinks after stuffing Amber's gob with regular sized cotton balls....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4

That car ride with Tristan and Mia was painful to watch. Initially they said they were enthusiastic about the mini-moon to make up for the abandoned honeymoon but they quickly got on the topic of what recently happened. It appeared to me that if Tristan didn't throw her out, he certainly helped her very enthusiastically. She didn't seem to protest too much or try to calm him down. Hard to say how much of that incident we got to see. Apparently she comes back and once again they attempt to make amends. I agree with Dave about one thing their problems run very deep to the very core of a relationship which is trust. Now I don't think they trust each other and you can't give your heart to someone you don't trust. In comparison Dave and Amber's issues are more superficial. They were supposed to spend the weekend discussing the attributes that lead the 'experts' to believe they had great potential. 

2 hours ago, Stella Rose said:

That is a very interesting assumption.

I have always been called selfish for not wanting or having kids,  As opposed to all the people who ask me "Well who is going to take care of you when you get old??"   That sounds WAY more selfish to me.

Now, I am self centered because I choose to be single?   

No you might be tremendously outgoing and give of your life in many other ways. Your life though is inherently different from someone who has a spouse and a few children. A person in that situation (unless their assholes) has to consider the effects of any decision and choice. In most cases a husband and wife have to come into agreement (or should) on any major decision but often even smaller ones. You also can't make any decision without considering the impact on your children unless you're a terrible parent. I lived the single life for a few years and I recall distinctly I only needed to consult with myself on any decisions and I only needed to get my approval.

• Love 1
(edited)

Baby Lola is pretty much what Danielle's and Bobby's babies gonna look like...very adorable with fair hair with a side part and big eyes....I wanna eat dinner with the Dodds at B and B in Ft. Worth

https://bbbutchers.com/fortworth/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/BB_FTX_Dinner_Menu_03_05_2018.pdf

Steak

Potato  dish looked twice baked

Mac and cheese

Roasted veg

Bread

Red wine

I'm hungry for steak now.....

Danielle's telling that she and her mother have been in touch more since the marriage hints to their past rocky relationship.

Her parents arguing and fighting when Danielle was younger plus the lack of emotional expressions in the Bergman home explains Danielle's reluctance to tell Bobby she loves him until she is sure they will continue the marriage.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2