Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Down To the Wire

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Since Tristan is colorist, Mia is light, he believes God brought them together and money is good, he said yes.  

I think there is only one reason Tristan stayed, and the color he cared about is green.........

• Love 8
On 10/4/2018 at 7:25 AM, qtpye said:

Amber is so worried about Dave loving her that she does not notice that SHE really does not like him all that much. She is feeling like Dave is her last chance to have a baby and that is making her desperate.

Maybe so. 

Nightfan, I pretty much agree will all you had to say: 

On 10/8/2018 at 1:23 PM, NightFan said:

I think Amber must have had some bad relationships that have made her so insecure. She seems to be looking for signs that mimic the past. The makeup and bleached hair, serums and beauty regimens all point to how she feels she has to look perfect or nobody will want her.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

As Yeah No said earlier:   "I think Amber is one of those people that wants people to like her so she wants what she thinks they want.  Which is why she dyed her hair blonde.  She assumed that most men prefer a blonde woman.  She also assumes that most men that want to be married want children so she wants to make herself into that woman for him."  

As Someone said earlier (sorry, I can't find the quote again) "I do believe that Amber is having sex to feel loved and like she's "in a relationship", but we have not seen how either of them behave once things turn 'romantic'." 

And as Princelina said earlier:  "Amber is so worried about Dave loving her that she does not notice that SHE really does not like him all that much. She is feeling like Dave is her last chance to have a baby and that is making her desperate." 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Nightfan): Why they gave her Dave is a mystery to me! His little comments just add fuel to the insecurity fire. Never once have I seen him show her true affection or compliment her about what he likes about her, etc. ...I just look at Amber and see her waiting to be rejected and he looks at her like he’s ready to reject her. So incompatible and sad to watch.

And Dave should get off that high horse cause he is not that big of a prize.

As Gem said, earlier: 

"...So he’s using her to the fullest, then going to dump her?  Dirtbag!"

As I Love Pie said earlier:  "If the best you can say about your marriage is that you are “squarely on the fence”, or you are questioning whether your partner actually likes you despite having sex with you daily, it’s probably best to throw in the towel." 

You pretty much nailed Amber and Dave, Nightfan. ...And I think the majority conclusion, at this point, is mostly in sync with us on this now.

I do think Amber's insecurity might actually be a lot more serious, though. I've known women who were sexually abused as children by someone who was part of their lives. And unfortunately, a lot of what I see in Amber reminds me of that.

[From Nightfan]:

Mia also has insecurities to me. Not sure really what is up with her.

Don’t know what was up with the stalking thing, but she got outed on national TV, was probably humiliated and highly embarrassed by that. Now Tristan is throwing that in her face again and again. He said he was gonna let it go and move on, but nope. He seems to just be pissed all of the time at her. I think he is using her past against her and Always will. He gets mad at any little thing now. 

Insurance? Really? I would never cut off my insurance without planning that out acurately and timely. I get his aggravations though sometimes. But the putting out her bags in the hallway made me just not like him anymore. Don’t care if she said she wanted to leave. ...To me that is just shitty and also let her know he has all the power over that apartment.

Yet she comes crawling back, ugg.

That couple is toast.  There's no way they could possibly last as a couple.

(And good riddance!)

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Here's my thing with MiaAs soon as this stalking/credit card theft came to light, she should have been DROPPED from the show. 

[Crazy Bird Lady]: I agree completely with that part.

Tristan should have been granted an annulment period. 

[Crazy Bird Lady:  Tristan was offered a "get out of this bogus marriage free" card, but he chose to stay with Mia.]

[Back to Neurockick]: I think the show didn't want to have another Heather/Derick on their hands, so the probably threw Tristan a bone (some $$$) and asked him to please reconsider.  Since Tristan is colorist, Mia is light, he believes God brought them together was going broke and money is good, he said yes.  

I think there was another reason besides the money (and probably other perks) provided by MAFS, that Tristan chose to stay with Mia after she was 'outed' as a stalker with a felony arrest. He hoped to become more famous after his appearance on the show, which could potentially have been very good for business.

But Tristan ended up making a real ass of himself on national TV.  

(--I'm not so sure he'll get that big bump in profit from his "tutoring franchises" that he was hoping for.)

• Love 2

Married at First Sight: Second Wife Switcheroo

Peek the behind the scenes as assistant producers rush to do a deeper background check, Tristan's mother rolling her eyes when she has to don her fancy hat for wedding #2, the lackluster middle of the week wedding at The Lucky Spur, the other 2 couples front and center for the new wedding ceremony to plump up the crowd since people work and don't have time to take off for another wedding so soon, another staycation Dallas honeymoon for Tristan....

The new Mrs. Thompson is reassured in every TH that it was a higher being's will that she was the strand of spaghetti that was destined to stick to the wall as the metaphorical handful of pasta was flung....

Everyone politely forgetting Mia ever existed....

• Love 2
19 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Married at First Sight: Second Wife Switcheroo

Peek the behind the scenes as assistant producers rush to do a deeper background check, Tristan's mother rolling her eyes when she has to don her fancy hat for wedding #2, the lackluster middle of the week wedding at The Lucky Spur, the other 2 couples front and center for the new wedding ceremony to plump up the crowd since people work and don't have time to take off for another wedding so soon, another staycation Dallas honeymoon for Tristan....

The new Mrs. Thompson is reassured in every TH that it was a higher being's will that she was the strand of spaghetti that was destined to stick to the wall as the metaphorical handful of pasta was flung....

Everyone politely forgetting Mia ever existed....

LOL.  It would not surprise me.  I hope they are over and don't have another stay of execution.  I'm so sick of Mia and Tristan I'm willing to forego hearing what they really have to say about each other on Decision Day.  Like many of you, I've watched this show from Day 1.  

Speaking of being sick of people...there's Amber & Dave.  I'm 100% convinced they are going to decide to stay together.  Amber will say how much they've grown as a couple and she really wants to spend the rest of her life with Dave...and when asked if he wants to stay married, Dave will just shrug and say "Sure, why not."  And then we'll read shortly thereafter that they have filed for divorce.

• Love 5

Amber and Dave will stay together so Ricky Bobby and Danielle will not be the only couple to stay together this season, they are stubborn and refuse to be seen as losers....

Team DAmber will stay together for Decision Day and even the week later for the Reunion show....then file for divorce the day after the Reunion show...it is all about WINNING ON CAMERA....

Dave doesn't even listen to Amber anymore...her rambling on about her facial serums....he had that smirk of a man who doesn't give 2 shits about her answer......

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, JapMo said:

LOL.  It would not surprise me.  I hope they are over and don't have another stay of execution.  I'm so sick of Mia and Tristan I'm willing to forego hearing what they really have to say about each other on Decision Day.  Like many of you, I've watched this show from Day 1.  

Speaking of being sick of people...there's Amber & Dave.  I'm 100% convinced they are going to decide to stay together.  Amber will say how much they've grown as a couple and she really wants to spend the rest of her life with Dave...and when asked if he wants to stay married, Dave will just shrug and say "Sure, why not."  And then we'll read shortly thereafter that they have filed for divorce.

As humbleopinion said:  

"Amber and Dave will stay together so Ricky Bobby and Danielle will not be the only couple to stay together this season, they are stubborn and refuse to be seen as losers....

Team DAmber will stay together for Decision Day and even the week later for the Reunion show....then file for divorce the day after the Reunion show...it is all about WINNING ON CAMERA...."

I really hope you're both wrong.  (...I mean about the staying together at Decision Day part, not about them filing for divorce!)

• Love 2

America would be delighted and tickled if Amber gave Dave the heave-ho.

However, Amber has stated earlier that she will not pull the plug on the outside chance Dave wants to keep trying and continue beating a dead horse, the fitting metaphor for their marriage....

Dave, on the other hand would love to go second and after Amber says yes to continue the marriage, he destroys what is left of Amber's dignity by putting the Kibosh on their holy matrimony...All Jaws in the studio dropping to the floor....not going to happen...

Most likely,  Dave and Amber will continue to stay married for another 8 days and then join Tristan and Mia in filing for divorce....boring.....

• Love 1
On 10/4/2018 at 8:59 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Dave and Amber went to San Antonio, which is in Texas.

and

I just couldn't resist putting these one-minute-apart quotes together. 

She could be on continuous birth control pills.  Periods on birth control pills (the placebo week) aren't necessary, and are a result of Catholicism's influence when the pill was developed--nothing scientific about it at all.

I completely agree.  She hadn't even done the math to know that she wouldn't be moving into a retirement home when she's 55 because the child she wants so desperately will still be in high school unless she gets pregnant yesterday and doesn't have more than one kid.  I did chuckle, though, at her reaction when Dave pointed that out.

That's what I find quite sad about her.  It takes a pretty strong person to buck that messaging, and I just don't think she is.

If Dave was getting turned on, it was watching Amber undo her face, so if she wants to be attractive to him she might reconsider troweling on all that makeup.  I really don't think Dave necessarily finds her more attractive in her "improved" state.  Of course she might find herself more attractive, but again, there's the issue with the messaging she's gotten all her life.

In this episode?  They were in Austin, and her apartment is in Dallas. 

Tristan said she left at 1am and was calling around looking for her. I assumed she would have gone to her own apartment to get away from him. I think it's vacant since she moved in with Tristan.

I thought Dave was looking at her because he thought she was cute. When she's being goofy, he tends to smile at her like that. 

• Love 1
On 10/8/2018 at 3:31 PM, Neurochick said:

Here's my thing with Mia.  As soon as this stalking/credit card theft came to light, she should have been DROPPED from the show.  Tristan should have been granted an annulment period.  But, I think the show didn't want to have another Heather/Derick on their hands, so the probably threw Tristan a bone (some $$$) and asked him to please reconsider.  Since Tristan is colorist, Mia is light, he believes God brought them together and money is good, he said yes.  

This!!!!

On 10/3/2018 at 1:41 PM, DrewPaul2010 said:

Yes they are! Being married or single and that makes a world of difference in anyone's life. There is a huge difference in how I live my life being married than if I were single. Ever notice that married couples soon leave their single friends behind? Its because they're not even in the same stratosphere anymore.

I've been married for 25 years now.  I was almost 30 when I got married, so I've had experience at both.  And I still have my single friends.  One of whom is very involved in other people's lives, helping them and being there for them.  Not self-centered at all.  And I know married people who don't seem to care one bit what their spouse wants.  You are painting with way too broad a brush.

Edited by lh25
Spelling does matter!
  • Love 6

My prediction is that Amber and Dave, Tristan and Mia will stay together.  Bobby and Danielle will split. 

Amber and Dave will continue having sex every day and Tristan and Mia will continue to discover new things about each other.

Bobby will marry a young girl and have lots of babies his wife will be happy to stay home and raise while Danielle will continue fostering just dogs that she can take back when she feels pressure.

Nobody will say I love you because none of them mean it.  The end!

I wish Danielle would do something about her huge eyebrows.  I don't know if she actually pencils them in or if they are permanently tatted but they certainly make her look weird.  As far as Bobby goes.....he is one desperate guy who wants to be with someone so badly that he will make her breakfast, hand her a lunch to take to work, cook dinner and god only knows what else he does for this girl.  I don't think they would survive marriage because the real needy Bobby will shine through one day and "Princess Danielle" will head for the hills.

• Love 2