Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Down To the Wire

• Start Topic

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:17 PM, humbleopinion said:

In 2 weeks is Decision Day.

In 3 weeks is the Reunion Show.

Why on earth do they have this "Reunion Show"? It is nothing more than what we saw on the "Decision Day".

What ever happened to the "Six Months Later Show" with Kevin Frazier, who could actually get some good info out of the couples?

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 8
On 10/2/2018 at 8:30 PM, Lacy4u said:

I wonder if the the reason why Mia and Tristan went to another City in Texas (Austin) for their mini-moon is because Mia can't travel outside of Texas?

Dave and Amber went to San Antonio, which is in Texas.

On 10/2/2018 at 9:06 PM, EctoGammat said:

Yep, nothing like hearing about someone else's dysfunctional relationship to make you feel better about your own. 

and

On 10/2/2018 at 9:07 PM, LilaFowler said:

Dave says what he's supposed to but Amber can still tell that he's not into her. His competitiveness with Bobby is really off-putting. I disliked when Dave said that the Tristan and Mia trainwreck made him feel better about his own marriage. What a garbage thing to say.

I just couldn't resist putting these one-minute-apart quotes together. 

On 10/3/2018 at 7:13 AM, Stella Rose said:

Was I the only one doing the math on this and 'eeeew-ing' a little?  50 days, there had to be a monthly visitor in there somewhere.  

She could be on continuous birth control pills.  Periods on birth control pills (the placebo week) aren't necessary, and are a result of Catholicism's influence when the pill was developed--nothing scientific about it at all.

On 10/3/2018 at 8:11 AM, qtpye said:

Amber thinks she wants a child because it is what she is supposed to want but I do not know if motherhood would really suit her.

I completely agree.  She hadn't even done the math to know that she wouldn't be moving into a retirement home when she's 55 because the child she wants so desperately will still be in high school unless she gets pregnant yesterday and doesn't have more than one kid.  I did chuckle, though, at her reaction when Dave pointed that out.

On 10/3/2018 at 8:24 AM, Empress1 said:

If Amber wants a marriage and family because that's what she's supposed to want, I totally get it - it would take a lot to undo that messaging, particularly if all her friends are married.

That's what I find quite sad about her.  It takes a pretty strong person to buck that messaging, and I just don't think she is.

On 10/3/2018 at 10:10 AM, Jeanne222 said:

I think Dave was getting a bit turned on watching Amber do her face.  He had a big smile and was a big less critical of her for a change!

If Dave was getting turned on, it was watching Amber undo her face, so if she wants to be attractive to him she might reconsider troweling on all that makeup.  I really don't think Dave necessarily finds her more attractive in her "improved" state.  Of course she might find herself more attractive, but again, there's the issue with the messaging she's gotten all her life.

21 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

I was thinking she [Mia] took an Uber back to her own apartment. There's no one else living there, right?

In this episode?  They were in Austin, and her apartment is in Dallas. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

In Amber's defense, I don't think I could have sex with someone 50 nights in a row and not have feelings. She's using sex to compensate for emotional intimacy. Yeah, her anxiety and insecurities are grating as hell, but it does seem like all Dave does is pick apart her flaws or why they're incompatible until the next time he wants to get laid.

I pretty much said the same thing up thread:

On 10/3/2018 at 12:27 PM, Yeah No said:

Amber has sex with Dave twice a day to substitute for the lack of emotional closeness he gives her.  Unfortunately, that's not going to work.  It's only going to make her feel used and as though he doesn't really like her for anything else but sex.  Dave's friend was spot-on about how he needs to find a way to show her how he feels.  Words aren't enough.  He needs to find a way to show her in a way that she will believe.  And that's not rocket science for most guys if they really do have the feelings they say they have for a woman.

Dave needs to learn how to take a woman's feelings into account before he starts talking "objectively" about her flaws or their relationship flaws and stop chalking her reactions up to "insecurity".  It's his inability to communicate effectively to her that's the issue.  It would be easier for him if he were paired with another automaton like himself, but if he really likes Amber he should be finding a way to do that with a more emotional, sensitive soul.  Otherwise, just back out on decision day.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Absolutely. I see more protective orders & possible arrests in her future. My armchair diagnosis is I'm seeing possible BPD. Those involved with BPD people will go crazy if they stick around them. She's the type of person who will destroy anyone who gets involved with her.

Amazing how all the 'experts' who apparently interview these people couldn't pick up on psychosis. I want to know what they asked her about her previous relationships & how she answered, because they say they do ask many questions. She couldn't possibly have told the whole truth but spun it her way to get matched with her next victim, so she's always been a damn liar & I don't believe anything she says about what's going on now either. Also, given she most likely did lie to get chosen, the 'experts' had to have known she lied after the arrest, yet, they supported her completely & encouraged Tristan to "forgive", as well as keep encouraging Mia in playing the victim at every turn.

Then Pepper says it's their "best season ever" with an excited smile!  I wonder if they paid her bail too. Doesn't matter what she's done - gotta keep this show a rolling!

What the everloving crazy ass fuck am I watching....

Is BPD bipolar disorder? I hope not because what you said is very offensive. We don’t drive everyone around us crazy and psychosis is nothing to joke about. Nor is it something these quacks would identify in their interview process.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, scruffy73 said:

Is BPD bipolar disorder? I hope not because what you said is very offensive. We don’t drive everyone around us crazy and psychosis is nothing to joke about. Nor is it something these quacks would identify in their interview process.

I assumed they were referring to Borderline Personality Disorder.

• Love 4
Just now, Yeah No said:

I assumed they were referring to Borderline Personality Disorder.

Thank you. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I hate when people use “bipolar” as an insult or just throw it around when someone is acting out.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

No, it was Borderline Personality Disorder I was referring to.  It certainly wasn't meant to be offensive as I'm typically quite sensitive to that kind of thing. And I also realize not all people suffering with Borderline stalk either, so as not to offend anyone; everything varies as we're all individuals. I see other issues with Mia that are adding up to possibly being that, or, maybe not. I do think she needs much more help than Amber, although the problem is Mia always plays the victim, & in that state will not be reaching out for help.

The even more disturbing thing to me with the 'experts' is as I mentioned, I do believe they knew or at least, figured out at the arrest point that she had lied to them, but continued to push the marriage. This is an incredibly toxic situation & I find it to be a sad, new low meriting a complete overhaul of 'experts'. Although since they are so excited about this season (also disturbing), I doubt that would happen.

So, my apologies for any offense taken.

ETA:  Even though it's already been quoted I removed that particular comment from the original post.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
On 10/3/2018 at 11:03 AM, DrewPaul2010 said:

I think a lot of folks who remain single will at some point wish they did marry and experience the joy, trials and tribulations of marriage. A single life is inherently a self centered life. Your only concern is with yourself. We are usually at our happiest when not focused on ourselves but when we help others...

I think that there are lots of people who wished they had married and experienced the joys, trials and tribulations of marriage.  To say that a single life is inherently self-centered and only concerned with themselves, is not true of every single person, maybe just the ones that you know.  As someone above said, many single people help people by doing volunteer work.  Single people can and should do a lot of volunteer work.  I don't know how other religions view singleness but Christianity teaches that single people may be single for a reason.  It may be to serve others in ways that married people cannot.  There are millions of single Christians giving of their time, talent and treasure serving in countless Christians ministries as well as secular organizations.  Single Christians who are only concerned with themselves are not using the time God has given them for good use.      

• Love 5
8 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

In Amber's defense, I don't think I could have sex with someone 50 nights in a row and not have feelings. She's using sex to compensate for emotional intimacy. Yeah, her anxiety and insecurities are grating as hell, but it does seem like all Dave does is pick apart her flaws or why they're incompatible until the next time he wants to get laid.

To be fair - we don't know how Dave acts when he wants to get laid.  Or if he indeed does get laid, despite what he says.  I do believe that Amber is having sex to feel loved and like she's "in a relationship", but we have not seen how either of them behave once things turn "romantic" 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I want to know what they asked her about her previous relationships & how she answered, because they say they do ask many questions. She couldn't possibly have told the whole truth but spun it her way to get matched with her next victim, so she's always been a damn liar & I don't believe anything she says about what's going on now either. Also, given she most likely did lie to get chosen, the 'experts' had to have known she lied after the arrest, yet, they supported her completely & encouraged Tristan to "forgive", as well as keep encouraging Mia in playing the victim at every turn.

Wow, I hadn't thought of that.  Pisses me off.

7 hours ago, AnnMarie17 said:

I think your point is very important.  For a lot of people, adding sex into a relationship in which you don't feel secure just multiplies that insecurity.  I think the fact that they are having sex every day (or twice a day...or what the fuck ever) just confirms Amber's insecurity...she's trying to fend off her insecurity through sex and, friend, that is a non-starter.  I don't know how many relationships she's had in her past, but I'm surprised she doesn't already know that the road to a secure relationship does not pass through sex-ville.  Sex is fabulous way to enjoy a healthy, loving relationship...but you gotta have that healthy, loving part down first or the vulnerability of sexy time just amplifies your insecurity, IMO. 

Abso-fricking-lutely!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

I think that there are lots of people who wished they had married and experienced the joys, trials and tribulations of marriage.  To say that a single life is inherently self-centered and only concerned with themselves, is not true of every single person, maybe just the ones that you know.  As someone above said, many single people help people by doing volunteer work.  Single people can and should do a lot of volunteer work.  I don't know how other religions view singleness but Christianity teaches that single people may be single for a reason.  It may be to serve others in ways that married people cannot.  There are millions of single Christians giving of their time, talent and treasure serving in countless Christians ministries as well as secular organizations.  Single Christians who are only concerned with themselves are not using the time God has given them for good use.      

Single people can't be single just because they want to?  And if they are, they "can and should do a lot of volunteer work"?  Like more than married people, because they have this extra time on their hands, just because they don't happen to want to be married?  I guess they should forgo income, too, since they're only one person and a married person might be having to support two people, or even more.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, princelina said:

To be fair - we don't know how Dave acts when he wants to get laid.  Or if he indeed does get laid, despite what he says.  I do believe that Amber is having sex to feel loved and like she's "in a relationship", but we have not seen how either of them behave once things turn "romantic" 

I agree with this. I feel sorry for her because I think this is not the first time she has done that, judging by her “Dallas Douches” comments and the fact that she says Dave is the first guy she’s ever trusted. 

Everyone seems to think Dave is just with her for the sex, but she was the one who initiated sex first, not him. For all we know, she has the stronger libido in the relationship and the daily sex is mutually desired.....

• Love 2
10 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

No, it was Borderline Personality Disorder I was referring to.  It certainly wasn't meant to be offensive as I'm typically quite sensitive to that kind of thing. You know the way people used to throw the "R" word around- well now it's "autistic". "Autistic" is the new insult which I've read on these boards many a time attributed to someone's behavior - usually someone very unpopular with viewers. I have autistic kids, so it doesn't sit well with me although I just try to ignore it.

And I also realize not all people suffering with Borderline stalk either, so as not to offend anyone; everything varies as we're all individuals. I see other issues with Mia that are adding up to possibly being that, or, maybe not. I do think she needs much more help than Amber, although the problem is Mia always plays the victim, & in that state will not be reaching out for help.

The even more disturbing thing to me with the 'experts' is as I mentioned, I do believe they knew or at least, figured out at the arrest point that she had lied to them, but continued to push the marriage. This is an incredibly toxic situation & I find it to be a sad, new low meriting a complete overhaul of 'experts'. Although since they are so excited about this season (also disturbing), I doubt that would happen.

So, my apologies for any offense taken.

ETA:  Even though it's already been quoted I removed that particular comment from the original post.

Thank you! I appreciate you very, very much for addressing my upset. I understand what you are saying...and we’re not saying. And we agree. Mia, even without a “diagnosis”, is toxic and presents as unstable. I wouldn’t want to know her and I thought from the beginning they should have cut the cord with her and Tristan.

• Love 4
(edited)

Make no mistake... Dave clearly differentiates his desirous, sexual relationship with Amber from being "in love" with Amber.

Amber, erroneously blurred the hearty sex and good times with feelings of trust, love, security early in the marriage.

Dave has gotten through to her that he isn't at "Bobby" level of committed to her.

In the tease...

Swilling wine in a San Antonio vineyard, Amber pokes Dave with a question about their future....KABOOM...Dave is finally sick of the producer induced questioning and shuts Amber down...hard....

Mia is seen entering Tristan's hotel room...smiles all around...what jackcrap.

Danielle is seen landing a trout while the two are fishing in waders in a river...now... that's how you have mini-moon fun.

Bobby looks so proud of her catching that fish...folks, that is the look of love....cue the Dusty Springfield song of the same name....Youtube it, it's a classic....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6

So we have the wedding makeup artist to blame for Danielle's eyebrows.  I think she must have followed what they did at the wedding throughout the taping.  On Unfiltered they have been seriously toned down.

Looking at their photos, I would have never guessed they didn't know each other at the wedding!

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

You can add Vaughn, Davina (although she got stuck with a real asshole) and Molly to that list as well.....I agree that uptight, tightly wound people do not do well on this show - you'd think the "experts" would realize that by now! I also think they should really explore and evaluate if people will not do well with the cameras because I do think that is a factor for some people too.....

I really think the problem with Dave and Amber is that neither is awful, they just got matched with the wrong person. I think if Dave had been matched with a strong, confident woman he would have been much happier; I also think if Amber had been matched with someone more nurturing she would not have been so neurotic. The experts focused on the absolute wrong things - they matched them because they are older and want to start a family, but it's like they didn't even consider basic things like personality!

Exactly. I think someone like Bobby should have been matched with Amber to give her the reassurance she needs that she is loved, (and to do everything around the house for her). 

• Love 4
On 10/4/2018 at 12:45 PM, Ilovepie said:

You can add Vaughn, Davina (although she got stuck with a real asshole) and Molly to that list as well.....I agree that uptight, tightly wound people do not do well on this show - you'd think the "experts" would realize that by now! 

The 'experts' aren't that stupid; they're just not motivated to create happy couples. (...The boredom surrounding Bobby and Danielle explains why!)

Dr. Pepper, etc. work for MAFS, and the show wants drama, not boredom! Thus, they pair couples for dramatic potential, not for their chances of "living happily ever after".

I really think the problem with Dave and Amber is that neither is awful, they just got matched with the wrong person. I think if Dave had been matched with a strong, confident woman he would have been much happier; I also think if Amber had been matched with someone more nurturing she would not have been so neurotic. The experts focused on the absolute wrong things - they matched them because they are older and want to start a family, but it's like they didn't even consider basic things like personality!

Maybe I'm too suspicious, but I think the 'experts' did "consider basic things like personality". I believe they considered the drama potential in matching an insecure woman who has "issues" about being "judged," with a critically 'honest,' emotionally insensitive to women, 'bro'-focused man .

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Maybe I'm too suspicious, but I think the 'experts' did "consider basic things like personality". I believe they considered the drama potential in matching an insecure woman with "issues" about being "judged," with a critically 'honest,' emotionally insensitive to women, 'bro'-focused man .

I think you are absolutely right, but it kind of is sick when you think too hard about it - if we know this, that the experts are matching for maximum train wrecks, why are we still watching? I guess we must all love to see it to some degree, or still hold out hope each season they'll do better and we will see at least one happily ever after........It's a little like Charlie Brown and Lucy and the football - maybe this time they'll get it ;-p

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MV713 said:

So we have the wedding makeup artist to blame for Danielle's eyebrows.  I think she must have followed what they did at the wedding throughout the taping. 

Honestly Amber has been called out for too much makeup, but I don't see it with her as much as Danielle, whose 'look' seems to be those tatted eyebrows with the eyelash extensions.

I ran into someone in a salon with it done, & she explained the idea behind this kind of eye enhancement is to not have to use eye makeup. The problem is that Danielle adds mascara & eyebrow pencil, making her eyebrows too dark & her eyelashes overdone. (When she doesn't do that it looks better). It also looks to me like she's adding colored contacts into the mix. IMO her 'look' is ridiculous & even a bit freaky.

Bobby says he loves her eyes but he hasn't actually seen them yet.

3 hours ago, MV713 said:

Looking at their photos, I would have never guessed they didn't know each other at the wedding!

I've suspected them arranging for people who knew each other. A&A were way too comfy with each other & had each others backs against the 'experts' once Rachel messed with Ashley.

I've had the same kind of feeling with D&B; it was time for another 'success', & if they end up on the spin off I'll be pretty convinced they knew each other as well.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

The 'experts' aren't that stupid; they're just not motivated to create happy couples. (...The boredom surrounding Bobby and Danielle explains why!)

Dr. Pepper, etc. work for MAFS, and the show wants drama, not boredom! Thus, they pair couples for dramatic potential, not for their chances of "living happily ever after".

Maybe I'm too suspicious, but I think the 'experts' did "consider basic things like personality". I believe they considered the drama potential in matching an insecure woman with "issues" about being "judged," with a critically 'honest,' emotionally insensitive to women, 'bro'-focused man .

Of course, and we've all been speculating that since the beginning with this show.  But I don't agree that happy couples necessarily equal boring couples.  Bobby and Danielle are certainly boring, and so were Ashley and Anthony, but not everyone that works out successfully is.  If they can't find interesting people that work out, that's the show's fault, in my opinion.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't agree that happy couples necessarily equal boring couples.  Bobby and Danielle are certainly boring, and so were Ashley and Anthony, but not everyone that works out successfully is.  If they can't find interesting people that work out, that's the show's fault, in my opinion.

Perhaps a pair of happily matched, compatible, easy-going comics wouldn't be boring. (I mean, it's their job to be entertaining.)  Or a couple of talented singers/rappers who worked well together, sharing cool ideas back and forth. That would actually be pretty awesome --but would such interesting, talented, enjoyable people be that desperate to get married?? 

Still, I'd love it if, next time, the 'experts' actually found two interesting, fun-to-watch people whose personalities were romantically compatible with each other! 

Because to be frank, I'm getting pretty fed up with watching one miserable match after another.

(Am I the only one who feels that way?) 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Perhaps a pair of happily matched, compatible, easy-going comics wouldn't be boring. (I mean, it's their job to be entertaining.)  Or a couple of talented singers/rappers who worked well together, sharing cool ideas back and forth. That would actually be pretty awesome --but would such interesting, talented, enjoyable people be that desperate to get married?? 

Still, I'd love it if, next time, the 'experts' actually found two interesting, fun-to-watch people whose personalities were romantically compatible with each other! 

Because to be frank, I'm getting pretty fed up with watching one miserable match after another. And I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way. 

Last season was my first time watching so I don’t have as much reference as most of you but I think, after Jephte and Shawniece started to gel, they were interesting. Even their lumps and bumps were worth watching. Yeah he was an ass at the beginning and I felt so sad for Shawniece but they got it together and I’m happy for them.

i actually thought Amber and Dave would have a shot but nope. He doesn’t care enough to make her happy. I think she would try to make him happy if she thought he would reciprocate. And he won’t.

Danielle and Bobby aren’t boring because they are happy. They are boring because they don’t do anything worth talking about. When Henry is the highlight of their relationship, that’s boring. Danielle has a long commute. Bobby fixes her coffee and tends to the dogs. That’s every day. They aren’t shown watching movies or listening to music dancing in the living room, or whatever floats their boat. Honestly they aren’t SHOWING happy as much as they are TELLING it. What have they done that would indicate happiness? Anyway, I like them both very much and I wish them well.

• Love 9
On 10/3/2018 at 9:29 PM, endure said:

I don't understand all this talk about 'decision day' and big commitment etc - wasn't the wedding day the decision and commitment day?

Do Tristan and Mia live in a one room dump, I noticed the bed and sofa are in the same room.

I was very confused about where they were. It's a different room (a studio apartment, maybe?) and a different bed (has a headboard) from the other apartment footage we've seen. 

10 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Make no mistake... Dave clearly differentiates his desirous, sexual relationship with Amber from being "in love" with Amber.

Amber, erroneously blurred the hearty sex and good times with feelings of trust, love, security early in the marriage.

Dave has gotten through to her that he isn't at "Bobby" level of committed to her.

In the tease...

Swilling wine in a San Antonio vineyard, Amber pokes Dave with a question about their future....KABOOM...Dave is finally sick of the producer induced questioning and shuts Amber down...hard....

Mia is seen entering Tristan's hotel room...smiles all around...what jackcrap.

Danielle is seen landing a trout while the two are fishing in waders in a river...now... that's how you have mini-moon fun.

Bobby looks so proud of her catching that fish...folks, that is the look of love....cue the Dusty Springfield song of the same name....Youtube it, it's a classic....

All this and Dusty, too.  

My score:   ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Amberen may be Wishin' and Hopin'.  

On 10/4/2018 at 12:44 PM, Neurochick said:

Maybe it's because they don't want to show their names/phone numbers on TV?

I can see that but Mia’s phone said Grandma Bally when she said she was talking to her mom. If the phone said. Mom, no one would see her mother's name or phone number.  Everything with these two is hard to figure out. 

• Love 4

first of all,  LOVE Dusty Springfield.

i think if Amber had a guy like Bobby, he would never be able to give her enough.  she needs to talk with someone who is truly a professional.  Not a friend, sister, other participant or herself.  she will never feel enough until she is happy with herself.  i know that is trite, but it is true

• Love 9
6 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

Danielle and Bobby aren’t boring because they are happy. They are boring because they don’t do anything worth talking about. When Henry is the highlight of their relationship, that’s boring. Danielle has a long commute. Bobby fixes her coffee and tends to the dogs. That’s every day. They aren’t shown watching movies or listening to music dancing in the living room, or whatever floats their boat. Honestly they aren’t SHOWING happy as much as they are TELLING it. What have they done that would indicate happiness? Anyway, I like them both very much and I wish them well.

What normal people do?  That is the problem, should you choose to see it that way, with reality tv.  Normal people living happy lives aren't that interesting to viewers.  Today I went shopping with my sister for a baby shower we are planning, then we had lunch, I cleaned around the house, Mr P got home from work, went to dinner and then we volunteered at a youth group event which was basically us sitting in a hall talking and making sure the kids stayed in the gym.  Tomorrow he'll go to work, I'll go grocery shopping and make a salad, and we will go to a family dinner where the conversation WON'T be about how we are doing, feeling about our marriage, etc.  We are happy and enjoy our life, but I don't expect a tv producer to read this and come calling!

• Love 9

Whenever religion is invoked I am reminded of the immortal words of our secular Madonna: "Papa,  don't preach."

Since Amber's reason for her getting married is the Time Immemorial one---reproduction---I can't fault her.  

Nor would I, were she to choose the single life.  In fact,  I wouldn't think twice about it. But then, I (a widow) have five friends: four happy singletons and one married woman who complains (with cause) about her husband. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, princelina said:

What normal people do?  That is the problem, should you choose to see it that way, with reality tv.  Normal people living happy lives aren't that interesting to viewers.  Today I went shopping with my sister for a baby shower we are planning, then we had lunch, I cleaned around the house, Mr P got home from work, went to dinner and then we volunteered at a youth group event which was basically us sitting in a hall talking and making sure the kids stayed in the gym.  Tomorrow he'll go to work, I'll go grocery shopping and make a salad, and we will go to a family dinner where the conversation WON'T be about how we are doing, feeling about our marriage, etc.  We are happy and enjoy our life, but I don't expect a tv producer to read this and come calling!

I don't really agree with that.  If you are interesting people, anything you do will be interesting to a TV audience.  I've watched reality shows based on much less that were interesting because the cast was interesting.  I just think Danielle and Bobby are not that interesting.  More Danielle than Bobby.  But happiness does not have to equal boring.  The show also doesn't make an effort to make the happy couples more interesting either.  But then they still make spin offs like "MAFFS The First Year" that were based on two happy couples from the first season, so when they want to make something interesting they do (not that that was that interesting but it seemed to get viewers or they wouldn't keep making such shows).  It's just that this season they have so much drama with Tristan and Mia and Dave and Amber that they don't need to try so hard with Danielle and Bobby.

Edited by Yeah No

If Amber and Dave have sex twice a day I wonder how many sex partners have been in their lives.  I shudder to think of the pickups and one night stands!  I wonder if gym guy was a frequent with Amber and who Dave could count on?

• Love 1

Same mindset...if Dave can't be Amber's partner before the gym guy, then Dave will be the MOST frequent flier...if you get my drift.

Yes, it IS always a competition with Dave.

Dave asked Amber how many times she Dosey Doed with the gym guy and wanted to double, triple the number of their sexual encounters to obliterate any past memories of gym guy.

And to make sure gym guy and his buddies at Lifetime Gym know... Dave repeatedly (or editing shenanigans) announced the nightly and morning  action between the sheets on camera to assert dominance...

• Love 2

I am really rooting for Amber and Dave. Perhaps their contentions are more producer driven just like how Danielle's and Bobby's, I love you, debacle is being heightened for drama. I think there is potential in Amber and Dave, for real,for real. 

I really don't think Danielle and Bobby are boring either. We are watching a true love story unfold and I love it. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, princelina said:

This is it exactly! Most normal people’s day to day lives are pretty boring. Bobby and Danielle are just living a regular life. Otherwise they end up doing stupid producer induced activities that most people don’t participate in on a regular basis (tantric sex experts, rope obstacle courses,sidewalk cornhole, apple picking, etc....) I think we all know when that nonsense is happening and it’s equally annoying (at least to me anyway).

I think for me the gold standard on the show is Jason and Courtney. They got along but were each interesting in their own right - fireman by day, wrestler by night; makeup artist by day, burlesque queen by night.....

• Love 7

The problem I see with the Dave having sex with Amber twice a day is the instant he skips some morning because he’s late for work, Amber is going to take it as a sign of Dave’s disapproval/rejection.  The sex seems to be the only affection he’s giving her.  You can’t have romantic, hours long lovemaking sessions twice a day every day (unless you  don’t need to work or sleep). I wonder how quickly twice a day sex turns into a “chore” like brushing one’s teeth?

• Love 4
On 10/5/2018 at 11:29 PM, Yeah No said:

I don't really agree with that.  If you are interesting people, anything you do will be interesting to a TV audience.  I've watched reality shows based on much less that were interesting because the cast was interesting.  I just think Danielle and Bobby are not that interesting.  More Danielle than Bobby.  But happiness does not have to equal boring.  The show also doesn't make an effort to make the happy couples more interesting either.  But then they still make spin offs like "MAFFS The First Year" that were based on two happy couples from the first season, so when they want to make something interesting they do (not that that was that interesting but it seemed to get viewers or they wouldn't keep making such shows).  It's just that this season they have so much drama with Tristan and Mia and Dave and Amber that they don't need to try so hard with Danielle and Bobby.

If I were the easily offended type I'd think you were calling me boring ;)

But we will have to agree to disagree.  I am interested in my life and activities, and my friends find me interesting enough to keep hanging out with me, but I still don't think that would be enough to interest tv audiences.  In this year alone I have traveled out of the country 3 times; I lived in Central America for 10 summers in a row; I have jumped out of a plane.  These things may make me interesting to talk to for some people, but they were all peaceful, non-controversial activities that I think would bore an audience.  I happen to enjoy Bobby and Danielle's story - for me the most "boring" part are the dogs because pets are not an interest of mine.  The two happy couples from the first season - Jamie hated Doug and he wooed her like a champ, and Jason and Courtney did have the whole "aspiring fire fighter/burlesque dancer" schtick going on, but I lost interest in their First Year Married season, when it was clear to me that they were happily married but had all of these made-up-for-the-show problems going on, so I stopped watching.  But on every board I participate in on this site, there is a segment of the population who seems to only post about how boring they find the shows - which I guess explains how they get viewers and keep making the shows :)

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, princelina said:

If I were the easily offended type I'd think you were calling me boring ;)

But we will have to agree to disagree.  I am interested in my life and activities, and my friends find me interesting enough to keep hanging out with me, but I still don't think that would be enough to interest tv audiences.  In this year alone I have traveled out of the country 3 times; I lived in Central America for 10 summers in a row; I have jumped out of a plane.  These things may make me interesting to talk to for some people, but they were all peaceful, non-controversial activities that I think would bore an audience.  I happen to enjoy Bobby and Danielle's story - for me the most "boring" part are the dogs because pets are not an interest of mine.  The two happy couples from the first season - Jamie hated Doug and he wooed her like a champ, and Jason and Courtney did have the whole "aspiring fire fighter/burlesque dancer" schtick going on, but I lost interest in their First Year Married season, when it was clear to me that they were happily married but had all of these made-up-for-the-show problems going on, so I stopped watching.  But on every board I participate in on this site, there is a segment of the population who seems to only post about how boring they find the shows - which I guess explains how they get viewers and keep making the shows :)

Hah, I was actually trying to imply that you are interesting and would be anything but boring, but if that's what you've done this year alone, you and your life are far more interesting than mine could ever be and drama or no I'd probably enjoy watching it far more than Danielle and Bobby.  They're a big snooze!

• Love 1
On 10/3/2018 at 1:28 PM, red12 said:

So, my husband saw himself in Tristan during that instance. He said, he will try to talk himself out of spewing but, it's as if it just erupts from him. He knows it will probably ruin the good time and he will later regret it but, when he initially does it he feels relief. He isn't holding the hot potato anymore and I'm the one whose pissed. It was nice to be able to use Tristan in the car as a teaching tool on our tv screen and not actually be involved ourselves.

I also grew up as a pleaser as I assume Mia did. I have had to train myself not to prod him asking "what's wrong" in order to relieve the pressure I feel in car/room and get the argument over with. I mentally repeat to myself, "He will talk when he talks. It's not your job to fix it". Over the years, we have reduced these incidents significantly with practice.

I had to laugh when you mentioned arguments in the car.  Whenever the husband and I are in the car, he’ll ask a stupid question or say something about the kids that irks me.  I then have to go on my tirade which ends up in a fight.  There were many times a trip was ruined because of this.  It’s like he lets off steam in the car because one of the kids is home and he can’t vent.  There were times when I actually got out of the car in the middle of nowhere.   After all these years, I mostly just don’t answer him when he says something ridiculous now.  I’ve mentioned a counselor, but he won’t go for it.  He just doesn’t know how to communicate and I have to accept it.  Even if he saw Tristen in the car, he still would act the same way.  Ho, hum.  No use.  I think in marriage, there’s always one who takes the brunt of things to keep the peace even if it’s not fair.  With these couples on this show,  their problems didn’t even start yet.  Wait until the kids come, if they stay together.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 2

I think the problem with all the couples is that no one was very honest about what they, as people bring to the table.  Mia never mentioned her arrest, so that was a lie.  A lot of people lie to themselves about what they bring or don’t bring to the table.

Pastor Cal said something on Twitter about Bobby and Danielle, that they aren’t perfect, if they have a conflict,they resolve it because they want peace, they don’t care who’s right.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
On 10/3/2018 at 4:04 PM, humbleopinion said:

Danielle riding on her high horse...don't be gloating your marriage over Mia and Amber...

Danielle...did you steal your shirt from a girly mime....

Amber says she and Mia are similar...they both hate Danielle.

Amber said Dave hasn't done much to help her with her insecurities.

Bobby's and Dave's Man date at the Playground: Jenga...Bobby's revenge from Field Day.

Dave rating of 5 is giving the double handed middle fingers to Amber....F..U Amber...I'm square on the fence....

Dave did not learn his lesson, not one whit...he should have rated it 5.5...the 0.5 makes a difference to Amber

Dave can drop in for cameos when Bobby and Danielle or Bobby can drop in when Dave and Amber continue shooting for Happily Ever After....it may happen.

Mia: Your forehead is burning up...you have a fever

Tristan: I'm sick...the room is getting dark....

Mia: Let's go to the ER...err...I'll check WebbMD...haha no insurance, Tristan....hope you don't die...haha

Have some red Gatorade and look at the yellow tulips.....

Amber droning on and on about her beauty regimen....Dave probably wanted to drown himself in one of his bathroom's prison sinks after stuffing Amber's gob with regular sized cotton balls....

WOW .. Amber had probably over a thousand dollars worth of beauty products on the counter.  That’s why she is so beautiful.  Sucker.  Maybe that’s why she looks about 45.  If she has a kid, she’ll be happy if she has the time to wash her face with plain soap, much less worry about the color of her hair.  Will they argue about who will wash the baby’s clothes?  Dave will have to wash them along with his, hahahaha.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, PityFree said:

The problem I see with the Dave having sex with Amber twice a day is the instant he skips some morning because he’s late for work, Amber is going to take it as a sign of Dave’s disapproval/rejection.  The sex seems to be the only affection he’s giving her.  You can’t have romantic, hours long lovemaking sessions twice a day every day (unless you  don’t need to work or sleep). I wonder how quickly twice a day sex turns into a “chore” like brushing one’s teeth?

I also wonder if this frequent sex with Dave (imho,  52 and it seems very often to me lol) has something to do with  the gym guy she dated? 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

I also wonder if this frequent sex with Dave (imho,  52 and it seems very often to me lol) has something to do with  the gym guy she dated? 

It is certainly about gym dude. Definitely! That’s why he keeps bringing it up. I’m sure Amber doesn’t want ALL of her business in the street.

• Love 2

When Dave mentions the daily sex (sometimes twice a day!), he mentions that they're compatible, physically.  As crass as he is coming off, I think it's just mentioned to emphasize that he IS attracted to his not-tall, bleached-blonde, (terribly, annoyingly insecure) wife.  

• Love 5

I really like watching Danielle and Bobby, don’t find them boring. I am rooting for them. I do agree Danielle needs to stop with the caterpillar eyebrows though.

I think Amber must have had some bad relationships that have made her so insecure. She seems to be looking for signs that mimic the past. The makeup and bleached hair, serums and beauty regimens all point to how she feels she has to look perfect or nobody will want her. Why they gave her Dave is a mystery to me! His little comments just add fuel to the insecurity fire. Never once have I seen him show her true affection or compliment her about what he likes about her, etc. ( maybe I missed it though). I just look at Amber and see her waiting to be rejected and he looks at her like he’s ready to reject her. So incompatible and sad to watch. And Dave should get off that high horse cause he is not that big of a prize.

Mia also has insecurities to me. Not sure really what is up with her. Don’t know what was up with the stalking thing, but she got outed on national TV, was probably humiliated and highly embarrassed by that. Now Tristan is throwing that in her face again and again. He said he was gonna let it go and move on, but nope. He seems to just be pissed all of the time at her. I think he is using her past against her and Always will. He gets mad at any little thing now. Insurance? Really? I would never cut off my insurance without planning that out acurately and timely. I get his aggravations though sometimes. But the putting out her bags in the hallway made me just not like him anymore. Don’t care if she said she wanted to leave. It may have been a tactic ( albeit a bad one) on her part to make him say no! Don’t go! Instead though he puts his hands on her personal belongings and tosses them out the door, then slams the door. To me that is just shitty and also let her know he has all the power over that apartment. Yet she comes crawling back, ugg.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, NightFan said:

Mia also has insecurities to me. Not sure really what is up with her. Don’t know what was up with the stalking thing, but she got outed on national TV, was probably humiliated and highly embarrassed by that. Now Tristan is throwing that in her face again and again. He said he was gonna let it go and move on, but nope. He seems to just be pissed all of the time at her. I think he is using her past against her and Always will. He gets mad at any little thing now. Insurance? Really? I would never cut off my insurance without planning that out acurately and timely. I get his aggravations though sometimes. But the putting out her bags in the hallway made me just not like him anymore. Don’t care if she said she wanted to leave. It may have been a tactic ( albeit a bad one) on her part to make him say no! Don’t go! Instead though he puts his hands on her personal belongings and tosses them out the door, then slams the door. To me that is just shitty and also let her know he has all the power over that apartment. Yet she comes crawling back, ugg.

Here's my thing with Mia.  As soon as this stalking/credit card theft came to light, she should have been DROPPED from the show.  Tristan should have been granted an annulment period.  But, I think the show didn't want to have another Heather/Derick on their hands, so the probably threw Tristan a bone (some $$$) and asked him to please reconsider.  Since Tristan is colorist, Mia is light, he believes God brought them together and money is good, he said yes.  

• Love 6

When they showed Tristan talking to "Woman" and Mia talking to "Grandma Bally" - the shots of their phones showed the time elapsed all over the place!  First it was 4 minutes, then 1 minute then 4 minutes again, etc.  Who knows if those shots of the phone even were during those exact conversations?

• Love 7