Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Josiah & Lauren's Prank-less Wedding?

ginger90
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, Horrified said:

"Kiss" is the Duggar-approved euphemism for sex.

Did my eyes deceive me?  I'm pretty sure that there was a same-sex couple in the prenatal class.  Do ss couples exist in Duggar world?

There are many possibilities of the relationship of the same sex couple but I'm sure no matter what it was, it drove JB nuts.  And yes, this class was much better than Theresa Fadowsky's Bradley Method class  that JB & Mechelle  & the Smuggs attended.

35 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Josiah's been kept on a short leash ever since it was obvious he was different from the other brothers. Multiple Alert stints wiped the spark out of him, and he realized getting hitched was the only way he could have some semblance of a normal life. Lauren just happened to be the girl who came along.

As for her, I think she's very fake and calculating. Lauren stated she didn't like school and had no intentions of working, so the only thing left was early marriage. The Duggars have fame, money and a TV show. It wouldn't surprise me if she wanted to go after one of the twins, but either Boob said no, or they weren't interested. Si was the last man standing, so she took what was available. The fact that her entire family picked up and moved so she could court Si is a pretty big indication there was some underlying agenda.

I think you're right.  Any man who wipes his mouth after kissing his bride for supposedly the first time, makes one wonder.  I remember when JinJer (my favorite Duggar couple) kissed at the altar.  She reached up and gently wiped the lipstick off his lips.  I thought that was so sweet (and unusually comfortable for a couple who kissed for the "first' time), if you get my drift - LOL.

Also, I didn't know that the Swansons picked up and moved to Arkansas so Lauren could court - SAY WHAT???  Even though I've watched every show, I record them and fast-forward through a lot of blah, blah, blah home-on-the-range stuff.  So I guess I sped right pass that.  Well yeah, it was a done deal then.  You don't do stuff like that when your 18-year-old daughter is just some guy's girlfriend.

For both their sakes, I truly hope it works out.  I've been in a miserable relationship and couldn't wait to get out.  There's no getting out for them.  I hope they grow in love, I really do.

• Love 10

I didn’t think Josiah’s actual response to the first look was that bad. He said several complimentary  things prior to the ‘you look good in it comment’.  The talking head was not quite as good- but maybe he was 90 minutes into the talking head session and was talked out. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I think Josiah's been kept on a short leash ever since it was obvious he was different from the other brothers. Multiple Alert stints wiped the spark out of him, and he realized getting hitched was the only way he could have some semblance of a normal life. Lauren just happened to be the girl who came along.

As for her, I think she's very fake and calculating. Lauren stated she didn't like school and had no intentions of working, so the only thing left was early marriage. The Duggars have fame, money and a TV show. It wouldn't surprise me if she wanted to go after one of the twins, but either Boob said no, or they weren't interested. Si was the last man standing, so she took what was available. The fact that her entire family picked up and moved so she could court Si is a pretty big indication there was some underlying agenda.

As sad as this is I agree with every word.  

• Love 7
On 10/2/2018 at 6:14 AM, Evagirl said:

When she surprised him for behind in her wedding gown, he said (and I quote) "It looks good on you."

I think his brain was short-circuiting when he saw her.  Lauren's dress was quite form-fitting and I'm sure 'Siah:

a)  had never really seen the female form before

b) was shocked and probably panic-ing at the thought that his soon-to-be-wife was sinning right in front of him and the congregation by dressing like a Jezebel.  The shame!

c) knew that he'd have to do the deed in a few hours, GULP!

d)  was therefore rendered more inarticulate than usual

• Love 17
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Lauren's family seem like a bunch of fame whores or at least her Dad does. 

I cant work out Lauren at all and Josiah just looked sad like he was at a funeral or something going through the motions. Why he got married I don't know? He had enough of JB & Michelle? Didn't want to keep being sent to alert for having a personality? Who knows. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Evagirl said:

I wonder why they really got married.  It's so obvious that they are not in love ( like Joe & Kendra) were/are, not even in lust (Ben & Jessa were).   Lauren is a pretty girl (even with the gummy smile).  I'm sure she would have had many more opportunities for suitors.  Josiah's not a bad looking guy.  He should have followed in JD's footsteps and stayed a bachelor for as long it took for someone to come along to ring his chimes (like Abby rings JD's).

Look at the Bates men - all far better looking than any of the Duggar men - yet they don't seem to have a problem staying single until that special one comes along.  And they all bring more to the financial table than the Duggar men to boot.

I just don't understand why anyone that young would marry someone they're not heel over heels in love with in this day and age.

JD stayed a bachelor because of JB, not because he was looking for someone to ring his chimes. JB is trying to keep the money and famewhoring train running along, so he allowed JD to court Abbie because people have been patiently waiting for JB to hook up with someone.

12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

famewhoring train

You guys kill me on this site!  I've got to quit reading this at work, co-workers are beginning to wonder at my sudden bursts of laughter throughout the day!

• Love 12

I firmly believe that Josiah got married because JB told him to, after Josiah had had the spirit beaten out of him at ALERT.  And if Josiah is gay, he might have thought, what the heck, I gotta marry someone to get out of this house, and Lauren is as good as any.

As for Lauren, she didn't want to work and figured to get on the Duggar gravy train.  Since no man could ever be as good as her Daddy, why not marry a "rich" guy?

• Love 15

When the show started and they kept teasing about a new romance, I was  sure it was Jana this time.  They kept showing her picture as one of the "potentials".  I was ecstatic!  I'm happy for JD, but really bummed b/c Jana is still a bridesmaid and never a bride.  I'm beginning to think JB is intentionally keeping her single.  She is just too pretty and too level-headed for someone not to be in pursuit.  After all, JB found "suitors" for Jill & Jessa (and maybe even Joy).  If he wanted his oldest daughter to find a suitor, he would make it happen.  He's just that kind of controlling father.

• Love 6

I absolutely hate the “I’m in love with you mom/dad” speeches that’s these weddings seem to always have. ? ? 

I think it’s clear why Sierra got dumped. No way could she cook such cakes. They weren’t super fancy, but they weren’t “balls” on a stick. 

???

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 14
15 minutes ago, Evagirl said:

When the show started and they kept teasing about a new romance, I was  sure it was Jana this time.  They kept showing her picture as one of the "potentials".  I was ecstatic!  I'm happy for JD, but really bummed b/c Jana is still a bridesmaid and never a bride.  I'm beginning to think JB is intentionally keeping her single.  She is just too pretty and too level-headed for someone not to be in pursuit.  After all, JB found "suitors" for Jill & Jessa (and maybe even Joy).  If he wanted his oldest daughter to find a suitor, he would make it happen.  He's just that kind of controlling father.

Perhaps JB has got another prayer partner waiting in the wings? Jana your father has found you a dud like Dillard. 

• Love 3

Well, let's see....there's Kendra's younger sister and there's Lauren's younger sister...Then there's the sinner twins...they match up perfectly. I wonder if JB will have that 'conversation with the Lord"? Perhaps the twins will be interested in those two...double wedding.

• Love 4
Just now, louannems said:

I honestly can't tell Kendra apart from her sister.

Kendra looks more like her mom and her sister like her dad. They have totally different facial features. Lauren (sister) is more classically beautiful, IMO.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Fosca said:

I firmly believe that Josiah got married because JB told him to, after Josiah had had the spirit beaten out of him at ALERT.  And if Josiah is gay, he might have thought, what the heck, I gotta marry someone to get out of this house, and Lauren is as good as any.

As for Lauren, she didn't want to work and figured to get on the Duggar gravy train.  Since no man could ever be as good as her Daddy, why not marry a "rich" guy?

Word is that Lauren’s father has been “mentoring” Josiah for several years. Interpret that as you will.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Fosca said:

Hey FOSCA, what is ALERT?  Some kind of mind-control camp?

• Love 2

Lauren said helpmeet in hers vows. In 2018.

I thought Josiah took two sneak peeks at Lauren's ass in her wedding dress during the "first look".

All those 'almost kisses' were rather uncomfortable to observe.

• Love 8

So why do we think Lauren and Si aren't made for each other and madly in love?  I watched last night and though they were a bit odd with each other but they are the 'duggers'.    She seems to be loving the camera more than any of them ever did. 

Jessa has really sprouted in her role as moderator.  She and Jill stepped right up when brother almost brought down the Duggers.

What does Lauren's father do for a living.  That house was magnificient?  Is Lauren's mother 'with child' or is that the other one.  Heck they are all always pregnant so it's hard to keep track.

I was kind of disappointed in the decorations for this wedding.  Seemed plain and just kind of ok.  Nothing special. 

Who was that screeching during the ceremony.  Surely in those thousand one has a voice????

22 hours ago, Horrified said:

"Kiss" is the Duggar-approved euphemism for sex.

Did my eyes deceive me?  I'm pretty sure that there was a same-sex couple in the prenatal class.  Do ss couples exist in Duggar world?

I took a second look too and think it was a mother and daughter. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

So why do we think Lauren and Si aren't made for each other and madly in love?  I watched last night and though they were a bit odd with each other but they are the 'duggers'.    She seems to be loving the camera more than any of them ever did. 

Jessa has really sprouted in her role as moderator.  She and Jill stepped right up when brother almost brought down the Duggers.

What does Lauren's father do for a living.  That house was magnificient?  Is Lauren's mother 'with child' or is that the other one.  Heck they are all always pregnant so it's hard to keep track.

I was kind of disappointed in the decorations for this wedding.  Seemed plain and just kind of ok.  Nothing special. 

Who was that screeching during the ceremony.  Surely in those thousand one has a voice????

Lauren's mother WAS with child, but gave birth around the time that Josiah proposed to Lauren. Kendra's mother is currently with child.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I watched the video that someone kindly provided and I thought some of the foliage looked like a mascot of some sort.  Like a green Grimace from McDonalds.  That makes sense.  Josiah reminds me of the Hamburglar.

I thought Lauren's sister seemed sweet.  I do think its odd that they get so spun about their sibling getting married.  All I was concerned about when my sister got married when I was in high school was A) are there going to be any cute guys there and B) will I be able to sneak alcohol and C) why do I have to wear this ugly dress

• Love 13
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Lauren said helpmeet in hers vows. In 2018.

I thought Josiah took two sneak peeks at Lauren's ass in her wedding dress during the "first look".

All those 'almost kisses' were rather uncomfortable to observe.

I was at a wedding this weekend, at what I would call a mainstream, even laid back, Christian Church. The wedding was between people between the ages of 35-45.  Both had been married before, there were already kids. The words submit, headship, and respect your husband were used- repeatedly.

Lauren also vowed to be Si’s cheerleader.  

So I finished watching the episode around 1:30 this morning so I’m kind of hazy remembering lol!

So here are my thoughts:

Cindy.  Give it up, girlfriend. The Mighty V was the pinnacle of your wedding decor success.  The horse shoes/crown/rings /clitoris lookalike flower sculpture was not pretty.  I will admit though that the banners fit with the pseudo-medieval look outside the cathedral. So I give you two snaps for that. But overall, meh.

Laura:  Your dress snatched some wigs.  Including Sigh’s.  I wish you would’ve done more with your hair though.  It was straight before you hit the altar.  A nice up-do would’ve done wonders for your dress.  And girl, I think you really are cunning  you and your parents snagged fundie royalty for you.  

Boob and Queen Zanax:  way to secure a prime spot in a TV show you were banned from.  They will be back as regulars, watch.  And soon after, Joshley Madison.

The lady who was “so over” the first kiss:  you GO girl.  No hiding that reaction.  The rest of us feel the same

• Love 17

RE: noticing people in the audience - the extended-extended family present - like Ms. Voulvo and Dan Dillard -is a weird  to me...

The SR-Voulvo's live in NJ? right? So, she flew from there to AR to see her daughter-in-law's brother, who probably as best knew his name,  get married ? 

Kinda the same with Dan, even though he's in the same state - his sister-in-law's brother, whom to probably only seen a few times, is getting married and he (and probably his wife) goes to the wedding?  Not saying they're  total hermits, but surely they would have something else better he wants or has to do...

• Love 7
On 10/2/2018 at 7:36 PM, debbie311 said:

I also noticed he was visibly underwhelmed when she came out in the wedding dress.  They are just so awkward together.  I don't get it.

You've got to have sex with someone! I personally don't get all the rumors that Josiah is gay, because all I see when I look at him is socially awkward virgin. It was like a seventh grade boy trying to muster up the right reactions to his girlfriend at a dance, complete with awkward and poorly timed kiss.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, sATL said:

RE: noticing people in the audience - the extended-extended family present - like Ms. Voulvo and Dan Dillard -is a weird  to me...

The SR-Voulvo's live in NJ? right? So, she flew from there to AR to see her daughter-in-law's brother, who probably as best knew his name,  get married ? 

Kinda the same with Dan, even though he's in the same state - his sister-in-law's brother, whom to probably only seen a few times, is getting married and he (and probably his wife) goes to the wedding?  Not saying they're  total hermits, but surely they would have something else better he wants or has to do...

I was guessing that Mom Vuolo flew into Texas with Jinger's due date so close and traveled with them to the wedding.  Honestly, if I were Jinger I'd want someone that would step in if I went into labor there and say, Nope, no Jilly and her medical thingys, we're off to the hospital.

• Love 6

Have we even talked about Miss Cindy's "theme" for the wedding? (Aside:  do weddings have themes now?  I thought the wedding was the theme....)

Theme:  Princess Dreams

Occassion:  7 year-old's birthday party

vs.

Theme:  Princess (The. Horse.!!) Dreams

Occassion:  Wedding.  Ah yes, young couples everywhere dream of launching into their new lives together with a celebration based on a childhood pet.

FYI - my first pet's name was Bingo.  My wedding theme and decor just wrote itself folks.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I was guessing that Mom Vuolo flew into Texas with Jinger's due date so close and traveled with them to the wedding.  Honestly, if I were Jinger I'd want someone that would step in if I went into labor there and say, Nope, no Jilly and her medical thingys, we're off to the hospital.

Jinger had the baby on 7/19/18 and Josiah was married on 6/30/18.. Momma V could have waited back in  NJ for a couple of weeks.

off topic - I had to google the dates.. according to article by People " To help her  body ready for the delivery, Jinger was walking three miles a day and doing over 100 squats".  Damn Jinger... didn't know you were that athletic - did you lift weights too :)..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Horrified said:

Have we even talked about Miss Cindy's "theme" for the wedding? (Aside:  do weddings have themes now?  I thought the wedding was the theme....)

Theme:  Princess Dreams

Occassion:  7 year-old's birthday party

vs.

Theme:  Princess (The. Horse.!!) Dreams

Occassion:  Wedding.  Ah yes, young couples everywhere dream of launching into their new lives together with a celebration based on a childhood pet.

FYI - my first pet's name was Bingo.  My wedding theme and decor just wrote itself folks.

Priceless. Are we having a wedding or designing a movie set?  All this stuff Cindy comes up with seems way over the top, and somehow disrespectful  given the Duggars  religious views.  I don’t know how to explain it better, so hopefully you all understand what I mean. 

• Love 1

RE: Miss Cindy  and her "set" designs - The backdrop "D" that JB wanted to badly.. I guess she told ole JB to stay out of her vision.. No comparison.

Does she use fresh flowers anywhere ?

5bb59f4cb43ae_vvsdflowers.png.67b5fcfe5b0dd6f4fcd7e31aac7c23a4.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, sATL said:

RE: Miss Cindy  and her "set" designs - The backdrop "D" that JB wanted to badly.. I guess she told ole JB to stay out of her vision.. No comparison.

Does she use fresh flowers anywhere ?

5bb59f4cb43ae_vvsdflowers.png.67b5fcfe5b0dd6f4fcd7e31aac7c23a4.png

That D is so pathetic looking. It's as if Boob threw $5 out of his wallet and said 'bring back the change'. 

Poor Si.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, sATL said:

Jinger had the baby 7/19 and Josiah was married 6/30.. Momma V could have waited back in  NJ for a couple of weeks.

Going to go off topic for a minute and take advantage of this post to ask dumb question of the century.........    I see these numbers all the time, in posts, on memes like a puppy picture that says "He's a good dog 10/13" etc and I have NO IDEA what they mean.  I know they came from somewhere and they're newish but honestly just no clue what they signify.  Somebody help me out here!

7 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Going to go off topic for a minute and take advantage of this post to ask dumb question of the century.........    I see these numbers all the time, in posts, on memes like a puppy picture that says "He's a good dog 10/13" etc and I have NO IDEA what they mean.  I know they came from somewhere and they're newish but honestly just no clue what they signify.  Somebody help me out here!

Sig, 7/19 means July 19 and 6/30 means June 30.  The numbers for viewer ratings means nothing to me.

That really is sad looking esp compared with the JinJer V.  Looks like something the younger Duggars would make. I didnt even realize there was a D made of flowers and foliage. I thought the banner with the D hung at the reception was the only one she was talking about. BTW, I love that someone said the banners look like they came from Disneyland.  

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Sig, 7/19 means July 19 and 6/30 means June 30.  The numbers for viewer ratings means nothing to me.

yes. I was referring to the date the event happened. sorry I didn't add the "2018" (year)  

47 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

It’s the date. I know the USA is not like most of the world, we do MM/DD for date, most of the globe does DD/MM for date. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

That really is sad looking esp compared with the JinJer V.  Looks like something the younger Duggars would make. I didnt even realize there was a D made of flowers and foliage. I thought the banner with the D hung at the reception was the only one she was talking about. BTW, I love that someone said the banners look like they came from Disneyland.  

Me neither. It looks like a weird misshapen oval. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Me neither. It looks like a weird misshapen oval. 

This is the first time I got a good look at it. Wow, its pretty cheap looking. I will admit JinJer's V looked classy in comparison. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

(popping out of lurkdom) The puppy thing is in reference to a Twitter account that rates adorable puppies and dogs, and since every picture the account posts is of a very cute dog, it consistently rates all dogs as 12 out of 10, 14 out of 10, and so on, usually in the 10/12, 10/15 format. When called on this by someone, the Twitter account explained that they were "good dogs, Brent." People have taken this and ran with it for other dogs and cute animals like kittens and bunny rabbits. 

The guy upset about the dog ratings eventually got his own very cute dog.

This is the original account: https://twitter.com/dog_rates

• Love 6
On 10/2/2018 at 6:04 PM, Puffin said:

Also if you call your Dad daddy shouldn't that be a sign that you're to young to get married. 

I am 50 years old and have always called my dad "daddy".  It's a term of endearment for me not a sign of immaturity.  Good grief.

• Love 9