Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Josiah & Lauren's Prank-less Wedding?

ginger90
  • Start Topic

That first kiss was a hot mess.  Thought it was funny that Lauren's mother said they could just do it again if they messed up the first time. I cant get over Josiah wiping his mouth after they were done.  Maybe it was just a reflex type thing & he didnt realize he was doing it but I still wouldn't want that being in the  TV archives forever.  Quite different than Jinge softly wiping her lipstick off Jer's lips after their kiss. Then to top it off, Lauren rebuking his attempt  at a second kiss.

• Love 10

Finally got around to finish the episode. I notice they didn't show Jana slaving away making altering the bridesmaid dresses like they did with Jill's wedding. I still think they probably purchased dresses from a wholesale website and had them altered for modesty. Jessa is really selling the shit show. She really believes this is the best wedding?! Not a dry eye in the audience? Yeah, that was just Boob and Meeechelle crying of relief. Pretty sure the older woman who rolled her eyes was Dylan's mother, they looked right at eachother after that ridiculous kiss. What's wrong with a regular first kiss, I mean why are they trying to make out in a church in front of 1000 people and your parents? I like that Abby doesn't have an annoying baby voice, I wonder if everyone was so shocked when they saw her because she looks like Jana's twin.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 8

Who is Dylan?

Yes, that mouth wiping was like a little kid, trying to get rid of some relative's kiss remnants.  Too bad Si and his brethren were not given a chance to use their hand as a substitute girlfriend, when they were young teens.  Too many snitches and no privacy.  What crap.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Who is Dylan?

Cousin Amy's husband.

25 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I wonder if Bin’s family was there if they invited everyone?

Bin's family was there. They posted pictures on their Instagram. 

• Love 5

Yeah, I don't know what was up with Jessa's need to lie so much about the wedding being so great. There was nothing really noteworthy about it that we saw. They copied Jinger's venue and the decorations were a step down from hers. 

I had been inclined to give Josiah a pass on the mouth wiping, but watching again, he did it in such a dramatic, over-the-top way. I mean, if you must, do it discreetly? No wonder Lauren didn't want to go in for a second kiss with that boor.

And I like Abbie (and don't think she looks at all like Jana). She seems to have a tendency to laugh a lot like Kendra, but I take it to mean she's light hearted, which I think is good for John. Since she's been holding down a job as a nurse for years, clearly she's also capable of being focused and serious. It's a good balance. I think some of the Duggars would do well to model themselves after her.

• Love 16

Just coming here to echo everyone's thoughts...

When they first introduced Lauren and showed their wedding at the beginning of the season, they seemed awkward, unhappy, and had no chemistry. Over the course of this season Lauren did show that she had some personality and I even started liking her and thinking she had a good head on her shoulders, and that she and Josiah did seem to like each other. Then the constant little digs at Josiah became apparent, and now we've caught back up with the wedding and that whole awkward event again. So I'm back to thinking they are getting married for some reason other than love... Everything they both said seemed so scripted or like what they were expected to say. Especially with the 52 reasons why they love each other - ugh, so cringey to hear them go on about how easy it was to dash off that list. I have been with my husband for almost two decades (!!) and love him dearly, but I don't know if I could write out 52 discrete things like that.

Miss Cindy talking about the V and the D was cracking me up. There was a moment where it seemed like she realized what it sounded like and kind of paused, before resuming. Between that and the look of the horseshoe arch thing, I feel like she is just trolling them now...

A couple things people have been commenting about:

• I think when the wedding happened earlier this year it was revealed that there was some issue with the air conditioning in the church, hence the messy hair, constant fanning, and worry about the icing melting off the cakes.
  • I would have to look again, but I got the impression that the two women who were partnered up at Jinger's birth class were both pregnant - maybe they went to class alone, and just paired up with each other for the activities. For that reason, I also feel like the birth class was staged just for the show, because I'm sure these women would have brought an actual non-pregnant partner to a real class. Possibly the birth center put out a call for current clients who were ok appearing on camera, and they didn't realize it was meant to be a simulated class like that, or nobody else wanted to go with them..?

Very interested to see how John and Abbie pan out in the coming season. I know she is just like them, but she seems like she has a personality, and they're both much more mature than these last few couples, so it'll be nice to see some adults get married for once, and maybe do a few things more on their terms. Even though I've followed their story up to this point via social media, I couldn't keep from grinning as JD explained their story and how he just walked into the house and said, "This is my girlfriend."

• Love 6
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's standard Duggar practice to invite everyone they've brushed elbows with over the last twenty years, so extending the invite to in-laws isn't unusual, I'm just a bit surprised the Vuolos attended. Dan and Deanna going makes sense because they're local and weddings are big social functions in their world, but I can't see why Diana would buy a plane ticket and pay for a hotel to attend the wedding of a guy she's probably said ten words total to since they met.

I guess you could argue she wanted to see JinJer, but with that big of a crowd, how could she possibly spend any real quality time with them? 

Well, I don't think Chuck was there...just Diana. It is strange, but I could see the timing what with it being so close to Jinger's due date.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

It sounds like there is more dishonesty (or selective honesty) in Duggar-land. Mowing lawns for Jesus does not pay for ponies for little girls -- much less McMansions.

As a former equestrian, I feel I should point out it's possible to lease horses like cars, instead of buying them (true!!).

21 hours ago, Enya Face said:

I was just going to mention this when I noticed you already mentioned the horseshoes up v. down aspect. My house (and going back to my youth here!) the horseshoe ALWAYS points up. 

Yes, isn't the rule "the other way around, the luck runs right out", whereas the upside-down bowl holds the luck?

• Love 5
On 10/4/2018 at 7:34 PM, GeeGolly said:

Lauren's FATHER chose a theme for her wedding? And are theme weddings a thing? Again, her dad picked the theme???

The horseshoes look like they're made with cauliflower and basil. 

If so, was this the first time a Duggar has gone near either one of those?

• Love 17
On 10/2/2018 at 7:36 PM, debbie311 said:

This has been mentioned a few times already, but Lauren telling Josiah he needed a breath mint (and she was not joking) on national TV was both funny and humiliating, mostly the later. I just can't imagine ...

When did she do this?  I totally missed it.

I am becoming fond of Kendra in spite of her giggle.  She seems kind and thoughtful and a positive thinker.  We need more people like that. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

When did she do this?  I totally missed it.

I am becoming fond of Kendra in spite of her giggle.  She seems kind and thoughtful and a positive thinker.  We need more people like that. 

During a stupid TH where Josiah and Lauren were holding the drippy ice cubes, pretending labor contractions.  Josiah turned to her and breathed and huffed and puffed in her face feigning labor.

• Love 2

Lauren telling Josiah he had bad breath on national television was unbelievable.  That would have been a deal breaker for me.  There's no reason she couldn't have waited until after the cameras were off.  She just had to get in another one of her passive-aggressive remarks.

• Love 18
15 hours ago, floridamom said:

I bet Little Lauren Swanson (now Duggar) has a fiery temper behind that whispy oh-so-sweet demeanor. I can see it in her eyes.

Like the whispered “it was my idea” DURING the ceremony in re: Josiah holding the rings. 

eta: It would have bugged the shit out of me, too. Josiah getting the credit, probably repeatedly, for MY great idea. It’s definitely off-brand for her, though. 

Edited by AnnieBeez
I’ve never been known to keep sweet.
  • Love 5
On 10/13/2018 at 8:06 PM, Annb67 said:

And because I wont be humiliated in public by a jackass, I would have responded "Yeah and you have a gummy smile and an unnatural attraction to your dad but I'll just go brush my teeth and my issues are gone". Because I'm incredibly immature in those situations.

That clapback would have been epic!

• Love 10