Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Reentry

CooperTV
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Happywatcher said:

The issue is that the characters aren't acting like humans. If I start hearing things or getting visions I am going to go get a full chem panel, then a head CT, and if those are okay I am meeting with psych to find out f I have late onset schizophrenia.

Actually that is the one and only thing that makes sense to me on this show so far.  As in NOT telling anyone that you are hearing voices telling you to do things.  You are already on the gov't's radar coming back from a non-aging five and a half year flight to The Twilight Zone.  All they need is something odd like this leaking to put you away forever in a secret facility full of probing devices.

6 hours ago, ams1001 said:

lol...I'm noticing a distinct disconnect between the comments on this thread and the #1 new show!! ads I heard during every commercial break while I was watching The Voice on demand last night.

That's because we are not being paid as part of a network's ad agency dept of endless promo silly lies.

1 hour ago, Camera One said:

The showrunner claims that he has a six-year plan for this show.  He'd better make sure his first-six-episode plan is solid, or all the captivated new viewers will flee faster than Ben in a crowd of reporters.

I bet I already would have fled except I like to come here and make fun of the show now.  Six year plan is hilarious.  Yeah, sure, like this show won't be gone by mid-season at the latest given how soap opera boring the first two episodes have been. 

Now when Shadow Stalker drove up next to Conspiracy Woman in the underground parking lot I was so hoping the guy would get out and tell her to "follow the money."  Then we might have had something.  But no, he was just following her home to kill her.  Boring.

Edited by green
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, meggonzo said:

Well it's not like the logistics and timeline have made sense so far anyways, LOL!  I'm also confused how the 20 passengers traveled back to Stewart Airfield, but maybe that's why only 20 people showed up and not all 191.  If that was only day 2, how did any of them have cars already?  Did they all take the train together?

Not to mention, the biggest piece of evidence in the world's largest mystery is just sitting out on the tarmac, seemingly unattended? You'd think the plane would've been secured in a hangar, under heavy guard. I guess it needed to be staged that way so the explosion could happen, but it's yet another detail that tests the limits of reason. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, green said:

I bet I already would have fled except I like to come here and make fun of the show now.  Six year plan is hilarious.  Yeah, sure, like this show won't be gone by mid-season at the latest given how soap opera boring the first two episodes have been. 

Now when Shadow Stalker drove up next to Conspiracy Woman in the underground parking lot I was so hoping the guy would get out and tell her to "follow the money."  Then we might have had something.  But no, he was just following her home to kill her.  Boring.

And by Season Six we still wouldn't know for sure who Lizzie's father is -- whoops !! Wrong show again </sarcasm>

Please let the shadowy figure be the equivalent of the Time Wraiths in the 'The Flash', correcting aberrations in the timeline.
Then again, what if the shadowy figure is just a regular person who started hearing voices in his/her head telling them to kill the 191 souls from Flight 828.

I still can't believe that no one in the circle of officials and scientists glossed over the fact that they not only traveled through time but space.  Since it is 5 --- and a half --- years since they disappeared, the Earth would have been on the other side of the sun from where they originally disappeared.  Let alone the fact that the sun (and the entire solar system) has moved substantially since Flight 828 disappeared.  Pretty sure the writers never took any of that into consideration.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, stealinghome said:

After this episode, I'm actually wondering how much NBC may be meddling with the show. It almost feels to me like the network got really really nervous about greenlighting a high-concept genre show and the trade-off was "you have to make it as rote procedural and family drama-centered . . .

That would explain a lot. Including a lot of what's wrong with the show. Too bad these shadowy network execs don't also give a directive for comic relief—but they probably don't understand the concept.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Camera One said:

The showrunner claims that he has a six-year plan for this show. 

Way back in episode 1 it was a certain date at the beginning and 5 years later at the end. Does that mean this show has already been on for 5 years and we're now in the sixth and final season ?

Edited by Orillia
formatting
  • Love 9
On 10/2/2018 at 8:34 AM, icemiser69 said:

If the writers went down that path, it would be too similar to a series that just got canceled this past spring, "The Crossing".  That was a time travel series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crossing_(TV_series)

This kind of show with a god force pushing to right a few small wrongs in New York can fall apart quickly with the conspiracy. So far so good. Especially the FBI Assistant
Director who took the job to protect people's rights and not to use a gun to force compliance. I know strange when the god force is forcing compliance on selected passengers.

They missed on the reaction of outsiders. The press just backed off after a day and we are left with a religious fanatic developing a new faith, or grafting new facts onto her faith in the days after the return of the missing plane

22 hours ago, preeya said:

If you watched Absentia, this is almost a direct parallel except for the sci-fi stuff. Missing person, presumed dead, husband remarries, the missing person returns, and the marriage shit hits the fan.

Yes, and I thought Absentia handled it fairly realistically. 

14 hours ago, ams1001 said:

True (but then that's why I like this place). I'm on the same page about being interested enough for now. I didn't watch Lost, though. I was at my parents' once while they were watching (maybe somewhere in the middle seasons) and caught a little of the episode...I was, well, lost, and it didn't make me want to go start from the beginning.

The show is still holding my attention despite its flaws. And I wanted to like Timelss but got bored after a few episodes. 

• Love 1
On 10/1/2018 at 10:18 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Was this episode sponsored by the movie 'Frozen' ?  They certainly said the phrase 'let it go' enough.

I wondered myself, but then I ... let it go. ;)

On 10/2/2018 at 8:34 AM, icemiser69 said:

If the writers went down that path, it would be too similar to a series that just got canceled this past spring, "The Crossing".  That was a time travel series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crossing_(TV_series)

I was sad it was canceled. It was coming into its own.

On 10/3/2018 at 4:34 AM, Haleth said:

If this is only going to be week after week of Ben and Michaela taking turns saving people it is going to get old really quickly.  In fact I was really bored with all the plots in this episode.  The trope of a regular person using a supernatural source to solve crimes has been done to death.

As opposed to the trope of regular people solving crimes? <just kidding>

22 hours ago, snarktini said:

To me the sketch looked more like "shadow" than "erased".

The figure in the sketch was was definitely sketched - it had stroke and shading marks.

21 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Am I misremembering, but didn't Olive say that the locker was owned by mom's boyfriend?  I was half expecting Ben to find something incriminating in there.

She said "friend."

16 hours ago, mxc90 said:

The voice was nice enough to provide guidance for rescue the two girls and get the son out of jail but couldn't advise the lady to keep her mouth shut?!

She didn't seem like the type who'd listen.

14 hours ago, ams1001 said:

True (but then that's why I like this place). I'm on the same page about being interested enough for now. I didn't watch Lost, though. I was at my parents' once while they were watching (maybe somewhere in the middle seasons) and caught a little of the episode...I was, well, lost, and it didn't make me want to go start from the beginning.

I rewatched it, and found that bingeing Lost rather than watching once a week made some characters (Kate) annoying as hell (Kate) even more annoying than I remembered (Kate).

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I was sad [The Crossing] was canceled. It was coming into its own.

Even though I'm not full-on hating Manifest yet, I would much rather have had another season of The Crossing instead. It was probably just as dumb as Manifest, but the actors were much more charming and had better chemistry.

I think that's the biggest problem with this show actually. The actors are all very dull and flat. I almost wonder if they are being directed this way for some reason because all of them are the same. And I know that the Ben and Olive actors at least can be much more animated and charming because of the other shows they were in.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Am I misremembering, but didn't Olive say that the locker was owned by mom's boyfriend?  I was half expecting Ben to find something incriminating in there.

Incriminating as in about the fact that the mom was in a relationship? If so he did, he concluded after the scuba gear that it was probably someone she was romantically involved with which led to the conversation and sex at the end.

Ben must have had a job as a professor or similar prior to the trip. When he was in Manhattan, he looked at his phone and there were job listings for Lecturer, Professor, (or similar) when he was led to the Adio's father. So it seems he was looking for a similar position.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Camera One said:

The showrunner claims that he has a six-year plan for this show.  He'd better make sure his first-six-episode plan is solid, or all the captivated new viewers will flee faster than Ben in a crowd of reporters.

6 years!! No way am I willing to put in that much time in this mediocre show. I use it as background noise. I just don’t care about any of the characters. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, green said:

Actually that is the one and only thing that makes sense to me on this show so far.  As in NOT telling anyone that you are hearing voices telling you to do things.  You are already on the gov't's radar coming back from a non-aging five and a half year flight to The Twilight Zone.  All they need is something odd like this leaking to put you away forever in a secret facility full of probing devices.

Ben even says to Michaela in the first episode that she sounds crazy (which I think some took to mean he thought she was crazy but I think he was really telling her to keep it to herself because other people will think she is).

• Love 2

The show seems to take itself a little too seriously.  Maybe the characters seem flat because there is practically no humor to be found. 

The 20 people were detained in the same place for 8 hours, but we hardly saw conversation between them.  The street musician tried to ask Ben for help but he ignored him, and he was supposedly one of the two "heroes".

Even the first two episodes of "Lost" had some lighter moments and that was a much more depressing circumstance.  The characters started interacting with each other and that made it more interesting. 

The voiceover at the end of Episode 1 said they would get to know the other passengers of the Manifest flight very well, but right now, they're all a bunch of extras.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4

This show will go down in history as having the best first 10 minutes and the worst episodes after that. It is unbearable, childish, and does not seem like it will ever live up to what it wants to be. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, topanga said:

Yes, and I thought Absentia handled it fairly realistically. 

The show is still holding my attention despite its flaws. And I wanted to like Timelss but got bored after a few episodes. 

I disagree, I found Absentia handled it (especially the first few episodes) just as unrealistically.  She comes back and the next episode she's living with her brother and when her husband's friends/coworkers refer to her, they call her "the ex-wife".  She was legally still his wife and the new marriage was likely void.  I thought they skipped way too much with that show, just like this one is doing.

11 hours ago, Mom2twoNonna2one said:

Ben must have had a job as a professor or similar prior to the trip. When he was in Manhattan, he looked at his phone and there were job listings for Lecturer, Professor, (or similar) when he was led to the Adio's father. So it seems he was looking for a similar position.

Yes, and I found that realistic that his prior job wouldn't have kept a position - I expect he was an adjunct professor and not tenured, though he also may have taken a leave of absence to take care of Cal.

Something I noticed this episode is that they showed the date when the mom died - it was very soon after the flight disappeared, in May if IIRC.  When the father talked about her getting sick and dying he seemed to imply it had been a long illness and not sick and dead in a month.  I don't know if that's going to end up related to the flight or not (though probably not).

17 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I still can't believe that no one in the circle of officials and scientists glossed over the fact that they not only traveled through time but space.  Since it is 5 --- and a half --- years since they disappeared, the Earth would have been on the other side of the sun from where they originally disappeared.  Let alone the fact that the sun (and the entire solar system) has moved substantially since Flight 828 disappeared.  Pretty sure the writers never took any of that into consideration.

That's another thing - why 5 and a half years? Why not just 5 years?  I doubt they took it into consideration at all, but the timing is weird.  Why that date?  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, kris4n6 said:

That's another thing - why 5 and a half years? Why not just 5 years?

Anyone worked out how many days it's been?  Not 666 or 828 or anything, but...  let's see...

Departed Saturday 7th April 2013

• 15 people, including 9 children, are killed by an air strike on Aleppo by the Syrian Air Force
  • Sweden wins the 2013 World Men's Curling Championship defeating Canada
  • John St Aubyn, 4th Baron St Levan, English peer (St Michael's Mount), dies at 94

Arrived Wednesday 4th November 2018

• Hasn't happened yet.

Those dates are 2,037 days apart. That's 48,888 hours, 2,933,280 minutes or 175,996,800 roughly, since we don't know departure or arrival times.

I'm seeing nothing significant in those dates.  

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, kris4n6 said:

Something I noticed this episode is that they showed the date when the mom died - it was very soon after the flight disappeared, in May if IIRC.  When the father talked about her getting sick and dying he seemed to imply it had been a long illness and not sick and dead in a month.  I don't know if that's going to end up related to the flight or not (though probably not).

I didn't think what he said implied that - but then again, my parents both got sick and died very quickly (years apart). So I had a different takeaway.

Edited by Clanstarling
21 hours ago, kris4n6 said:

Something I noticed this episode is that they showed the date when the mom died - it was very soon after the flight disappeared, in May if IIRC.  When the father talked about her getting sick and dying he seemed to imply it had been a long illness and not sick and dead in a month. 

I got that impression as well.  But when I looked back at the script, it was quite vague:

MICHAELA: And Mom?
FATHER: Your mom got sick. She She fought so hard.
MICHAELA: What do you What do you mean, sick?
FATHER: She loved you kids more than life itself. - You were everything to her.

I think it was the "fighting so hard" line that maybe gave the impression, but I suppose it could have referred to any length of time.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Stray thought......just wondering if there's any significance to the fact that Shadow Man needed to use a gun to off Conspiracy Lady.

We saw gunk splash on the screen, but we didn't see who actually did the gunking. Anyone could have done the gunking! In fact, is there any evidence that Conspiracy Lady didn't do it to herself?  Gotta admit, my very first impression was that she'd committed suicide.

4 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

We saw gunk splash on the screen, but we didn't see who actually did the gunking. Anyone could have done the gunking! In fact, is there any evidence that Conspiracy Lady didn't do it to herself?  Gotta admit, my very first impression was that she'd committed suicide.

I thought I heard a gunshot. Easily could be wrong, though.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

I thought I heard a gunshot. Easily could be wrong, though.

There was definitely a gunshot and in addition to the shadow that we see when she firsts start watching the clip of her in the news right before the shot there is a solid figure dressed in black standing behind her. Also, the clip of the scene on the NBC website is labeled “Kelly is murdered” so it’s safe to assume she was murdered.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

One thing I noticed in this episode that I didn’t in the first is that the iPhones on the plane were wrong.  It was a modern day iPhone that Michaela typed yes on.  I can’t imagine the show runners would make that mistake, but I also can’t imagine how that fits in.

Edited by Saylii
Can’t keep names straight
11 minutes ago, Saylii said:

One thing I noticed in this episode that I didn’t in the first is that the iPhones on the plane were wrong.  It was a modern day iPhone that Grace typed yes on.  I can’t imagine the show runners would make that mistake, but I also can’t imagine how that fits in.

Looked like it could have been in IPhone5 to me which came out in September 2012.

16 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Looked like it could have been in IPhone5 to me which came out in September 2012.

iPhone 5 had a design on the home button. It could be a 5S, but that’s September of 2013.  5S-8 had the same front but varying thickness.  Because of the case I can’t pinpoint it exactly.

FD6B0FA1-EF2D-4B64-ACF0-C7E88425BF8B.jpeg

35AA7401-DA38-416E-ADED-F5DFDE291CC0.jpeg

Edited by Saylii
1 minute ago, Saylii said:

iPhone 5 had a design on the home button. It could be a 5S, but that’s September of 2013.  5S-8 had the same front but varying thickness.  Because of the case I can’t pinpoint it exactly but it doesn’t look as sleek as the 8.

Then I am thinking production just made a mistake and used a 5s rather than a 5 and doesn’t mean anything.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Then I am thinking production just made a mistake and used a 5s rather than a 5 and doesn’t mean anything.

I found a side view from the first episode and it is a 5S with the round buttons.  Still weird that they got all the iOS details right but missed that one.

Ben’s phone is an iPhone 4 or 4S so within the right parameters since it has the top home button still.

46F1011C-4529-4432-8693-9EFC5E8BF763.jpeg

I was finally able to watch these first two episodes yesterday and I just don't know if I can continue with the series. I might try one more, but for me, there is too much crying. Me crying. It's the cancer, I just can't. My mom died three years ago of lung cancer and 2 months later I ended up in the hospital with a rare, incurable blood cancer, had chemo, got better, got worse, had more chemo, now better again. I don't think I can watch that kid go through chemo, plus they have a cancer doctor so the cancer talk is not going to end.

Maybe I'll just come here to read the comments.

• Hugs 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

Stray thought......just wondering if there's any significance to the fact that Shadow Man needed to use a gun to off Conspiracy Lady.  Does that mean he's not somehow supernatural?

Well he needed a car to catch up with her in the underground parking lot and follow her home so I assumed he was human and always had been unless they are giving out driver licenses to aliens or ghosts these days.

7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

There was definitely a gunshot and in addition to the shadow that we see when she firsts start watching the clip of her in the news right before the shot there is a solid figure dressed in black standing behind her. Also, the clip of the scene on the NBC website is labeled “Kelly is murdered” so it’s safe to assume she was murdered.

Also this.  You definitely saw a form and heard the shot ring out and the blood spatter forward of where she was sitting all the way to the TV set.  Nice to know Conspiracy Lady had a name if belatedly.  She seemed far more interesting in her 15 seconds of fame than any of the main family people.  Looks like any interesting people will be killed off on this show instantly and only the bland and the boring will be allowed to remain.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

I was finally able to watch these first two episodes yesterday and I just don't know if I can continue with the series. I might try one more, but for me, there is too much crying. Me crying. It's the cancer, I just can't. My mom died three years ago of lung cancer and 2 months later I ended up in the hospital with a rare, incurable blood cancer, had chemo, got better, got worse, had more chemo, now better again. I don't think I can watch that kid go through chemo, plus they have a cancer doctor so the cancer talk is not going to end.

Maybe I'll just come here to read the comments.

I'm so sorry AngelKitty. I've abandoned shows because they cut too close to the bone as well. Hope you keep getting better.

• Love 4

Why would Michaela's brother tell his wife that they will be fine, when she stresses safety concerns? Why would he think that? Under the circumstances, I'd be cautious.  When wife said, they can go online and get our address....TRUE.  Go stay someone else for a while.  His response to me was cliche.  They do that with tv characters quite a bit who deny things, like don't want police protection after being threatened, insist on leaving a hospital when injured, insist on working when sick, etc.  I don't buy it.   

Why is Michaela so intent on leaving the the airport interviews? Doesn't she want to know what caused the plane explosion? Wouldn't a police officer support a proper investigation?  Then, after being at the airport all night, she shows up for work....ok.  She's just not amusing to me and when on screen, my predominating thought was about how her eyebrows are gynormous!  They are bigger and darker than her ex-boyfriends.  

Can someone fill me in on the incident that Michaela feels guilty about that involved someone's death? It happened before their fateful flight.  She keeps referencing it, but, I must have missed what exactly happened? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Can someone fill me in on the incident that Michaela feels guilty about that involved someone's death? It happened before their fateful flight.  She keeps referencing it, but, I must have missed what exactly happened? 

She was driving a car while drunk (I think?) and her other best friend was on the passenger seat. The friend died in the car accident.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, CooperTV said:

She was driving a car while drunk (I think?) and her other best friend was on the passenger seat. The friend died in the car accident.

Oh, I get it.  Why is she not in jail?  And with that kind of thing, how would she still be able to be a police officer?  Hmmm....

We'll probably find out aliens put extra alcohol in her drinks and then tampered with her brakes.  Or the friend is actually alive and is one of the agents of whoever caused the plane disappearance.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

I thought this episode said that Michaela "had been drinking" but that the investigation had pretty much cleared her? I got the impression that while she had been drinking before the accident, her BAC was not high enough to qualify her for DUI/DWI. So her thought process may be like "dammit, if only I hadn't had that second beer, my reaction time might have been a split-second faster" or some such.

We also don't know much about the accident yet (nor do I care that much, I have to say). It's possible that Michaela, like, swerved to avoid a deer that ran across the road, or got T-boned by someone else at an intersection, and so wasn't really at fault but feels guilty anyway, with 1-2 drinks before the accident an extra layer on her hairshirt of guilt. Her family and friends certainly don't talk to (or about) her as if it was a straightforward "you got drunk, wrapped your car around a tree, and killed your best friend as a result" accident, anyway.

OTOH, it's also entirely plausible that she was drunk and the other police officers covered for her--that could be a great swerve and provide an interesting dimension to some of the massive guilt she's carrying around--but given what I think the target demographic for this show is, I doubt that will be the story.

• Love 9

I think Ben and wife live in Queens. The storage unit was in "Long Island City" not Long Island.

Did the pilot say everything was normal on the fight and it took 3 hours and 19 minutes? I thought the flight was Jamaica to NY - which would have been just under 4 hours - and this should have been more if they were diverted to Stewart Airport which is about an hour drive north of Manhattan.

All of the phones and electronic devices should have been confiscated from the passengers for "analysis"

The passengers would have been questioned about any "outages" to WIFI. If WIFI services weren't happening through the flight people would have been bitching.

Don't air pilots keep in contact with their base throughout the flight and wouldn't that have been questioned?

How does Ben have "changes" of clothing if all of his stuff was put away in storage/thrown out after a few years?

Wouldn't mystery lover have changes of clothing at the house as well as pictures? Wouldn't Ben's father know about the wife moving on with a new love interest if he's still a part of Olive's life.

The guy who needed help for his son who is at Riker's - he said he left his son with a babysitter and then lost 5 years. So was he leaving his kid with a "babysitter" for a week while he went to Jamaica? Did the kid end up in foster care after the plane went missing?

How come all of the other "single" people living on their own didn't lose their apartments/homes like Michaela?

How did Grace hold on to the house, I thought Ben was the breadwinner?

PS: The actress playing Saanvi the doctor was on a show called "The Strain" She was Gus's love interest

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Why is Michaela so intent on leaving the the airport interviews? Doesn't she want to know what caused the plane explosion? Wouldn't a police officer support a proper investigation?

I'm sure she does want to know what's going on.  However, at the interviews, she is a subject, not an investigator.  They aren't going to tell her anything, so all she is doing is sitting around waiting like everyone else.

19 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think Ben and wife live in Queens. The storage unit was in "Long Island City" not Long Island.

They do live in Queens, sounds like Astoria, however Ben clearly said the storage unit was "on Long Island".

2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Did the pilot say everything was normal on the fight and it took 3 hours and 19 minutes? I thought the flight was Jamaica to NY - which would have been just under 4 hours - and this should have been more if they were diverted to Stewart Airport which is about an hour drive north of Manhattan.

I looked at several recent JetBlue flights from Montego Bay to JFK, all showed between 3 and a half to 3 hours 45 minutes.  Stewart is only another 10-15 minutes flying time.  Depending on winds and routing, 3+19 isn't out of the question.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Moose135 said:

I looked at several recent JetBlue flights from Montego Bay to JFK, all showed between 3 and a half to 3 hours 45 minutes.  Stewart is only another 10-15 minutes flying time.  Depending on winds and routing, 3+19 isn't out of the question.

To add a bit of perspective, I'm a former flight attendant and flight times are always cushioned to allow for ATC delays, lengthy tarmac waits etc. So a block time of 3:45 would actually mean a flight that's around 3:20 if you get airborne with no hassles. I agree the pilot's noted time of 3:19 is plausible, even factoring in the diversion to Stewart. By golly, the show may have got one thing right!

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
On 10/5/2018 at 9:08 AM, Netfoot said:

Anyone worked out how many days it's been?  Not 666 or 828 or anything, but...  let's see...

Departed Saturday 7th April 2013

• 15 people, including 9 children, are killed by an air strike on Aleppo by the Syrian Air Force
  • Sweden wins the 2013 World Men's Curling Championship defeating Canada
  • John St Aubyn, 4th Baron St Levan, English peer (St Michael's Mount), dies at 94

Arrived Wednesday 4th November 2018

• Hasn't happened yet.

Those dates are 2,037 days apart. That's 48,888 hours, 2,933,280 minutes or 175,996,800 roughly, since we don't know departure or arrival times.

I'm seeing nothing significant in those dates.  

The show seems big on bible references. I know very little about how things are numbered in the bible, but I googled 4-7-13 and this apparently corresponds to "When he ascended on high, he took many captives and gave gifts to his people." Source. That probably means nothing, but kind of interesting that it references giving gifts to people and Michaela and Ben seem to have developed psychic abilities.

On 10/5/2018 at 11:05 PM, Camera One said:

I got that impression as well.  But when I looked back at the script, it was quite vague:

I think it was the "fighting so hard" line that maybe gave the impression, but I suppose it could have referred to any length of time.

I assumed fighting hard meant a long battle as well. Her getting sick so soon after the flight disappeared makes it sound like she died of a broken heart over losing both her kids and a grandkid.

On 10/6/2018 at 10:20 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Why is Michaela so intent on leaving the the airport interviews? Doesn't she want to know what caused the plane explosion? Wouldn't a police officer support a proper investigation?  Then, after being at the airport all night, she shows up for work....ok.  She's just not amusing to me and when on screen, my predominating thought was about how her eyebrows are gynormous!  They are bigger and darker than her ex-boyfriends.  

It sounds like they had been their for hours so I think she just wanted to go home. I don't think she wanted them to stop investigating, she just didn't want to sit around while they did.

On 10/6/2018 at 4:49 PM, KungFuBunny said:

All of the phones and electronic devices should have been confiscated from the passengers for "analysis"

The passengers would have been questioned about any "outages" to WIFI. If WIFI services weren't happening through the flight people would have been bitching.

Don't air pilots keep in contact with their base throughout the flight and wouldn't that have been questioned?

How does Ben have "changes" of clothing if all of his stuff was put away in storage/thrown out after a few years?

Wouldn't mystery lover have changes of clothing at the house as well as pictures? Wouldn't Ben's father know about the wife moving on with a new love interest if he's still a part of Olive's life.

The guy who needed help for his son who is at Riker's - he said he left his son with a babysitter and then lost 5 years. So was he leaving his kid with a "babysitter" for a week while he went to Jamaica? Did the kid end up in foster care after the plane went missing?

How come all of the other "single" people living on their own didn't lose their apartments/homes like Michaela?

How did Grace hold on to the house, I thought Ben was the breadwinner?

PS: The actress playing Saanvi the doctor was on a show called "The Strain" She was Gus's love interest

I think the pilot meant everything was normal until he was told to divert. But it is weird that he didn't mention the major turbulence that wasn't on the radar.  I have never been on a flight with that much turbulence and have never heard a pilot talk about not seeing things on radar. It seems like that rough spot is when they were zapped ahead in time.

Do we know phones weren't confiscated? We know they didn't work and Ben and Michaela talked about getting new phones, but I don't remember if we saw them with the old ones.

For WiFi, was WiFi that common on planes back in 2013? I feel like it has really just started to be a thing in the last few years.

I agree, it is weird that the pilot and air traffic control didn't have any communication before the request to land.

Ben would have some clothes that were in his suitcase on the plane.  And I guess they could have gone shopping.

Maybe Grace cleared out mystery lovers stuff while Ben was being held at the airport? Didn't we get a "36 hours later" note between landing and the loved ones showing up? She likely also advised Ben's father not to tell Ben anything until she had a chance. I doubt the father would want to be the one to break the news.

Yes, the guy apparently left his son with a baby sitter while in Jamaica. Presumably the kid went into foster care and that led to his dabbling in crime.

The other single people probably did lose their apartments. We just haven't seen as much of them.

Grace probably got a life insurance pay out.  I actually wish the show would show us some of the fall out of that kind of thing, cause what do you do in that situation? Does the insurance company make you pay it back? A lot was probably already spent.  Also, we heard that Grace started working. It sounded like a catering business.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

For WiFi, was WiFi that common on planes back in 2013? I feel like it has really just started to be a thing in the last few years.

Yeah. It looked to me like they didn't expect Wifi during the flight; they were just nonplussed when their cell phone service carriers didn't seem to be working when the plane landed and they would be allowed to switch off airplane mode.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Yeah. It looked to me like they didn't expect Wifi during the flight; they were just nonplussed when their cell phone service carriers didn't seem to be working when the plane landed and they would be allowed to switch off airplane mode.

That's what it looked like to me too. Last time I was on a plane was 2010 - and as I recall, there was no wi-fi on it. That's three years earlier that the show, but it sure seemed like they had just turned their phones on when they were ready to land (or had landed).

• Love 1
5 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I think the pilot meant everything was normal until he was told to divert. But it is weird that he didn't mention the major turbulence that wasn't on the radar.  I have never been on a flight with that much turbulence and have never heard a pilot talk about not seeing things on radar. It seems like that rough spot is when they were zapped ahead in time..

I think we did see the pilot quickly mention the turbulence in the initial interviews after they landed in the first episode.

• Love 2

Just as I was starting to think "damn, this show is kind of sappy ..."  - they immediately followed the musical montage with the woman getting shot to death by the creepy shadow man in her own home.   Welp!  Never mind!

I'm not totally sold on Ben or Michaela, as I find them both kind of distant in a lot of scenes.   But Michaela lying to Lourdes at the end, to make her feel better about moving on with Michaela's fiancee, was interesting and gave her character some much needed depth.     I would like a lot more background on that car accident she was in before she took her fateful trip.   Which I'm sure is coming, but I am impatient ...

I had to roll my eyes at Ben just happening on the real jewel thief in the storage place.   I guess the point of the show is there are no coincidences, but that was still contrived as hell.   He just happened to be in the same storage place Olive stashed all her brother's and father's stuff in?  

• Love 3

If I was on that plane and came back 5 1/2 years later and as a Cleveland Brown fan I would think shit nothing has changed except for the 99 Quarterbacks since then.

Michaela really needs to set up an appointment to get her eyebrows done.  They are weighing down her facial expressions.

Oh and fiancé marrying BFF?  Something was going on before the disappearance.  I call bullshit on the whole posting every day how much BFF missed her.  

Where is Dad?  He just shows up at the airport and tells them oh Mom is dead and just leaves?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, mytmo said:

Something was going on before the disappearance.  I call bullshit on the whole posting every day how much BFF missed her.  

I don’t get that vibe, they certainly wouldn’t be the first couple to be formed from grieving a mutual loved one together. 

• Love 2
On 10/2/2018 at 8:41 AM, DFWGina said:

They were coming from Jamaica so maybe something Rastafarian :-)

I find that Haile unlikely! LOL

14 hours ago, mytmo said:

If I was on that plane and came back 5 1/2 years later and as a Cleveland Brown fan I would think shit nothing has changed except for the 99 Quarterbacks since then.

The Browns have won 2 games this season!  A Browns fan who heard that would be uncredulous and overjoyed!

• Love 1