Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Gut Feeling

• Start Topic

Why does this show have to be so incestuous.  Its bad enough that Maggie is dating her stepbrother (yes I know not biological) but now Meredith is most likely going to hook up with Maggie's ex boy toy?  Their relationship wasn't much more than that and most likely wont be more than that for Meredith/Andrew either.  Expand your dating pool people!  Surely you must meet people who are not Doctors in your own hospital from time to time.  

Really Owen and Amelia again? What I'd really like is for Cristina to come back and shake things up.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Expand your dating pool people!

I think that's what the matchmaker is going for, telling her to buy new outfits.  But she never goes anywhere that isn't the hospital, so I don't know when she's going to wear them. 

If she's really a research scientist (ha!), she'd be going to conferences and meeting lots of people. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 5

I’d hardly consider Jackson and Maggie step siblings given that they were both adults (well, chronologically at least...) when Webber and Catherine married

Showing my age here, but does Linc make anyone else think “Smith Jerrod”? I think of him as Dr. Smith Jerrod Jr.

Hot Asian Ortho God can stay, I like him.

So sick of Owen/Amelia. I can’t stand either of them, together or apart. Liked McKidd much better on Rome.

MORE KORACICK PLEASE!!!!! Never liked any of Greg Germann’s other characters, but I love Dr. Snark.

Edited by CarpeFelis
typo
  • Love 4

One other thing... I knew it was going to turn out the teacher had auto-brewery syndrome (though I didn’t remember its name) because it’s been done before. Anyone recall which medical show it was on?

ETA: Found it! It was Doc Martin.

Edited by CarpeFelis
answered my own question
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, taanja said:

I see they are going to do a Mere hook up with Deluca? Looks like it to me. But she needs a man. A real grown up man -- like Koricick! Haha! But this show will stick her with that boy Deluca or that new doc -- ortho dude -- good ole whatshisname. I don't like him enough to even bother to learn his name.

I like Deluca, but Meredith should be with Koracik. The only obstacle is that he’s another neuro guy and I could see Meredith being conflicted with that. Him interacting with Meredith’s kids would be interesting, based on the background that he lost a child. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

He and Maggie almost got killed by the car that ended up killing the girl on the bike.. As for his crisis of  faith.. Its a lot of things.. His family name getting destroyed by his grandfather's horrible behavior... April almost dying.. Him almost dying.. When April almost passed HE prayed.. And she got better.. From the way Catherine is I feel she's at least somewhat religious so Jackson being so far on the opposite aide of that could have also been about his relationship with his mom..  So April doesn't die and somehow ends up with the dude she was gonna marry before she ditched him for Jackson.  After the guy loses his wife and gains a child and April is the one who was the doctor for all that.. So now all this stuff has transpired and he's taking stock.. Figuring maybe there is some kind of outside force out there.. Seems rational to me so far.. I mean if he turns into some kinda evangelical that's different 

He was holding Samuel when he died, per something he said last season or the one before.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Palomar said:

Why does this show have to be so incestuous.  Its bad enough that Maggie is dating her stepbrother (yes I know not biological) but now Meredith is most likely going to hook up with Maggie's ex boy toy?  Their relationship wasn't much more than that and most likely wont be more than that for Meredith/Andrew either.  Expand your dating pool people!  Surely you must meet people who are not Doctors in your own hospital from time to time.  

The show has been on 15 years, and everyone has dated multiple people while on the show or found out they are secretly related, or been related by marriage.....so it is hard to keep things fresh.

They don't want to have everyone date people not at the hospital because then 1) they have to hire new actors, 2) they need to find reasons to show the characters who don't work at the hospital, and 3) they can't show the sexy times in the on call room.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Roy completely deserved to get fired, but I think Alex went about it all wrong. I'm worried that Roy's lawyer brother will use Alex's failure to follow HR protocol to get Roy re-re-hired.

Wait...they have HR at this place?

• Love 12

I like Owen and he and Alex remain my favorite characters. I liked him best with Christina but I don’t mind him with Amelia. The pairings I like never last. I liked Jackson and April and Maggie and DeLuca. Dr Linc is fresh off my other show Nashville so I can’t see him as another character quite yet.

I like Greg Germann but his character does nothing for me. Meredith needs someone new. I really hated how Richard was so unprofessional even pouring booze out for the guy. 

• Love 4

Did they make Greg Germann a regular(not recurring) cast member this season? If not, they should! I love his character!

So glad that Roy was fired, hopefully it sticks this time.

Didn't Jackson also almost die from running into a school bus that was on fire to save a kid?

Still not feeling new Ortho guy.

I agree with others that Bailey should have spent some time showing Alex the ropes.

Richard was kind of an ass this episode, but I'm glad he finally realized what was wrong with the teacher.

Maggie can leave any time. She annoys the crap out of me.

I have a feeling that the matchmaker storyline is going to drag out for way too long. Ugh.

Just no to Deluca and Meredith. Not feeling it.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

One other thing... I knew it was going to turn out the teacher had auto-brewery syndrome (though I didn’t remember its name) because it’s been done before. Anyone recall which medical show it was on?

It's been on many (medical) shows, it was the first thing I thought off. Maybe these doctors need to watch more TV. You know they say how ex-smokers are the worst [when it comes to smoking]? Well, I don't have any personal experience with alcoholics but damn, Webber just got on my nerves so much here - he sounded not only hypocritical but seemed to be almost gleeful about getting to rub this man's mistakes in his face and telling him he had to take personal responsibility just like Webber himself had done in the past.

13 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I like Deluca, but Meredith should be with Koracik. The only obstacle is that he’s another neuro guy and I could see Meredith being conflicted with that. Him interacting with Meredith’s kids would be interesting, based on the background that he lost a child. 

Again, I'd love this pairing. Their backgrounds make them suitable. Who knows, maybe CeCe will have some brain issue in the next episode or two and then Koracik has to treat her and she hounds him and then snaps her fingers and hooks him and Meredith up with each other.

But if they want to give Meredith a "rebound" before this happens, they could always hook her up with some hot but nice and sensitive guy who works at her kids' daycare/school, which would fit her pattern since she tends to only date/sleep with people from the hospital, bar or her pet's vet.

9 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Wait...they have HR at this place?

Nah, it's all Bailey Alex. Except when they hire Minnick for half a season to do some HR stuff or make half the cast the board when it suits them and then forget about it all.

Edited by Efzee
  • Love 3

Just saw this episode. Answering that one about Jackson running into the bus that blew up first.

This was the episode April realized her love for Jackson went beyond sinful lust. The true beginnings of Japril, IMO. Also, someone commented something on Maggie reacting as if Jackson has cheated on her. Maybe he has... with his ex wife and the mother of his child. Now that is definitely something I would watch. Make it soapier people, make it soapier!

Speaking of Maggie, she wasn't acting as childish as Roy. This is definitely something because I can barely tolerate Maggie. She's just trying to look out for Amelia and, as someone else said, these two women have the strongest bond out of the so-called "sisterhood" of Amelia, Maggie, and Meredith. But Roy, JFC. He refused to take accountability for his actions and was trying to play victim. I know others on here think Alex should have fired him in private, but the way Roy behaved, he definitely deserved to get reprimanded and fired in front of his peers. I hope this is the last we see of him.

I don't like Tom Korakick when he's trying too hard to hit on Amelia or make sexual comments–respect her fucking boundaries, man!–but I sure do love his snark. I didn't realize he had become a series regular. Like others have said, I hope they explore Merakick! I know it might be weird for Meredith at first since he's also a neurologist (non practicing, unlike Derek) but I definitely think they could work. Both got a dark, twisted sense of humor. Plus Ellen and Greg look good together!

I completely agree with those on this thread who said that Bailey should have given Alex some more time and shown him the ropes when it came to being Chief of Surgery. Alex had no idea what the hell he was doing and let it all get to his head. The latest episode, we saw the old Alex: the cocky, full-of-himself, arrogant asshole Alex that we saw in early seasons.

Jo, you are not going to cure cancer. Or whatever you're trying to do. Leave that up to St. Jude's and Dana Farber, please. :) I'm putting that as kindly as possible while applying so much force to my tongue with my teeth that I can probably bite my tongue off.

On top of that, GSMD is not a research hospital, it is a teaching hospital. Cristina works in a research hospital, maybe have Meredith hook you up with her!

Edited by JNM5505
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I like DeLuca as well but I would like Met and Tom. Only because again.. they treat the character of DeLuca as a joke and especially when it comes to his romantic relationships.

I honestly don’t know what they are doing with Jackson and Maggie. I don’t really care that he didn’t tell her he was leaving for a week or something and I know I should. Also yeah.. her reactions are overreacting to it. Yeah he was a jerk for not telling her but she needs  to check herself and her reactions to things. She like starts at 10 and just goes up on how she’s going to handle things.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, deaja said:

You mean Chief of Surgery isn’t the HR department and boss of the entire hospital?

And has sole discretion on what equipment/projects to fund from the budget, too!

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

And has sole discretion on what equipment/projects to fund from the budget, too!

Well, first thing he can do to get more flexibility in the budget for the other 89 days in the quarter, is to sell/return Bailey's stupid hypobaric chamber.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Efzee said:

Well, first thing he can do to get more flexibility in the budget for the other 89 days in the quarter, is to sell/return Bailey's stupid hypobaric chamber.

What patients is that even intended for?  Are there that many scuba divers with the bends in Seattle?

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Efzee said:

I can only imagine how much that cost! I'm sure they were already over budget with that pointless purchase.

Edited by JNM5505
  • Love 3

Why do I still watch this show???

I can do without the Amelia, Owen, Teddy drama that’s coming down the pike.  First I don’t think Owen is anything great enough for two women to fight over...second, Amelia has just stopped being annoying.

I liked the two new guys taking Richard out after a bad day.  I thought that was nice. 

Why is Delucca still here?  I feel like they have thrown tons of plots his way and not one of them stuck. They got rid of two regulars to give Delucca another plot.  First his attack, then his Jo crush, then the Dreamers plot now Meredith’s love interest...is anyone invested in this character ? 

Jo/Alex this two have all the chemistry of my failed science fair project in 7th grade.  I just have no interest in them whatsoever.  Also Jo developing a cure for cancer....PLEASE...this may be the most unbelievable plot.  But snooze here...

Is Jackson coming back?  Can we admit him and Maggie was also a fail 

• Love 16

Turns out, Jackson was right to put the necrotizing infectition in the hyperbaric chamber:

The following indications are approved (for reimbursement) uses of hyperbaric oxygen therapy as defined by the UHMS Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Committee:

Air or gas embolism;

Carbon monoxide poisoning;[

Carbon monoxide poisoning complicated by cyanide poisoning;

Central retinal artery occlusion;

Clostridal myositis and myonecrosis (gas gangrene);

Crush injury, compartment syndrome, and other acute traumatic ischemias;

Decompression sickness;

Enhancement of healing in selected problem wounds;.

Diabetically derived illness, such as short-term relief of diabetic foot, diabetic retinopathy,] diabetic nephropathy;

Exceptional blood loss (anemia);

Idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss;

Intracranial abscess;[

Mucormycosis, especially rhinocerebral disease in the setting of diabetes mellitus;[31]

Necrotizing soft tissue infections (necrotizing fasciitis);

Osteomyelitis (refractory);

Delayed radiation injury (soft tissue and bony necrosis);

Skin grafts and flaps (compromised);

Thermal burns.

Evidence is insufficient to support its use in autism, cancer, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, Alzheimer's disease, asthma, Bell's palsy, cerebral palsy, depression, heart disease, migraines, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, spinal cord injury, sports injuries, or stroke. A Cochrane review published in 2016 has raised questions about the ethical basis for future clinical trials of hyperbaric oxygen therapy, in view of the increased risk of damage to the eardrum in children with autism spectrum disorders. Despite the lack of evidence, in 2015, the number of people utilizing this therapy has continued to rise.

I wonder how much they're going to use it for future storylines.

5 hours ago, dmc said:

Why is Delucca still here?  I feel like they have thrown tons of plots his way and not one of them stuck. They got rid of two regulars to give Delucca another plot.  First his attack, then his Jo crush, then the Dreamers plot now Meredith’s love interest...is anyone invested in this character ? 

I really like him but it's sad the way the writers have royally messed up his character.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Hey, and I noticed another "hey, they remember HIPAA is a thing" moment...when the student's mom is asking about the teacher's condition, and says, "I know you have rules, but..."

That doesn't apply to Webber though, who just goes around telling everyone the teacher was inebriated...

• Love 14
On 10/5/2018 at 4:24 PM, CarpeFelis said:

So sick of Owen/Amelia. I can’t stand either of them, together or apart.

1000X (or more) THIS! For that matter, the characters I actually DO like on this show is a much shorter list than the ones I don't. I have NEVER like Meredith. I don't care for Maggie. Jackson is an ass. I have never liked Jo. I do like Webber. And I like Alex most days. DeLuca is a character I could like but like everyone has said here, they've made all of his story lines dorky. And I do like Bailey most of the time too. I absolutely despise DeLuca's sister as much as I despise Owen and Amelia. Back in the old days...

I liked Izzy, George, Cristina, McSteamy and Lexie. I liked Callie in the early days. Okay, that's it - my character assessments for the day...: )

Edited by llewis823
wanted to add more
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I really like him but it's sad the way the writers have royally messed up his character.  

I really don't dislike him.  I just don't feel that any plot so far is hasn't made me invested in his character...maybe if they had saw any of those plots through I would feel differently

Edited by dmc
  • Love 5
On 10/5/2018 at 4:41 PM, CarpeFelis said:

THAT'S^^^ where I saw it first! Thank you! 

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 8:02 PM, jschoolgirl said:

He was holding Samuel when he died, per something he said last season or the one before.

I just watched that episode - April was holding Samuel when he died, but Jackson was holding her.

• Love 2
(edited)

Koracik can be a bit much (in a good way IMO), but he is also a good doctor. He handled the bleeding patient calmly and efficiently which is more than I can say for Roy who has fucked up once again. Yes, Koracik has more experience because he's been a doctor longer but the problem is that Roy was just way too cavalier about the patient. He let that guy sit in the ER for FIVE HOURS with nothing but "put some pressure on it"? Loved that Koracik told Roy he had to call the time of death because the nosebleed guy was his patient. The fact that Roy refused to take any responsibility because he's "just an intern" made me see red. It doesn't matter what your job title is if you make a mistake.

Weber was totally out of control. First he harangues a guy who is currently having his fingers amputated in the OR and then instead of going back to apologize, he offers him alcohol? For fuck's sake! Lincoln and Karev were correct in chastising him. Even if Weber ended up figuring out what was wrong with the patient, that doesn't excuse his inappropriate behavior. He could have run whatever test told him that the teacher had the yeast thing WITHOUT offering him a drink.

I'm glad that Lincoln was professional enough to know that having a disagreement with a coworker doesn't mean you can't be friends and have a drink together. You don't have to hold a grudge and never speak again! I also thought it was nice of Deluca to offer to see a movie with Weber. I like seeing Deluca have storylines that don't have to do with who he's dating/having sex with.

I don't blame Andrew for being surprised that Maggie wanted to set him up with Amelia. Maggie was a complete mess after the whole Andrew debacle and now she's totally fine with him dating her (non-)sister?

I did feel a little bad for Karev. It was his first day as chief and it seemed like Bailey gave him no training about how to handle the day to day administrative stuff. After he accepted the job, there should have been at least a week or two where he shadowed her so that he could see all of the stuff she deals with and how to handle things like the nurses being short staffed or the most efficient way to schedule the ORs.

The cast is big enough that we don't need every single character to have a huge storyline in every episode, but they didn't need to give Jackson this sudden leave of absence. They could have said he was with his mom at the new hospital openings. Or they could have said he was at a conference. Or hell, that it was his day off. But of course they decide to make it this big dramatic thing so that Maggie can freak out (again).

On 10/7/2018 at 11:47 AM, statsgirl said:

Turns out, Jackson was right to put the necrotizing infectition in the hyperbaric chamber:

I wonder how much they're going to use it for future storylines.

When my dad had cancer, part of his treatment was weekly sessions in the hyperbaric chamber. He went into remission but I have no idea how much of that was due to the hyperbaric chamber (versus the chemo).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

When my dad had cancer, part of his treatment was weekly sessions in the hyperbaric chamber. He went into remission but I have no idea how much of that was due to the hyperbaric chamber (versus the chemo).

And it seems that is what Bailey wants it to be used for as well as she didn't intend for it to be used as an OR but for treatment... so why did the chief of surgery buy it? Talk about mismanaging a budget, geez. Let oncology or any of the other departments that want to/could use it pull together and make a shared purchase.

I can't stop watching but sometimes I just wish I could let it go.  Why do they have to make Karev look stupid?  He's not.  "oh yeah, I can sign off on this stuff, on my first day, without knowing anything about the budget or my job!"  Yeah, he's impulsive and brash and is going to have to find his footing as chief but this storyline so far is stupid.  IMO.

I have never liked Jo, not since day one.  Nothing to say about her.

Bailey is like a caricature of her old self.  Makes me sad almost every time I watch her.

Webber.  I really don't understand where they are going with him.  Is he drinking? Is he just lonely?  Do I care anymore?

It's just totally weird that Jackson has disappeared (whatever the real life reason - it doesn't fit the show for me.)  I might be in the minority but I actually really like Maggie and I'm ok with her and Jackson as a couple.  I do NOT personally watch this show to learn about the Christian faith and I was never so happy as when April was gone and I could stop hearing about it.  Now we get Jackson having a crisis of faith.  Blech.  I hope this is wrapped up soon.

I also might be in the minority when I say that I like the Amelia and Owen story line.  Kind of a lot.  (I try to pretend Teddy doesn't exist for the time being)

And I want to see Mer be happy.  I feel like She deserves a beautiful, mature, loving relationship and my fingers are crossed that I might eventually see her get that.

• Love 1

Still not feeling new Ortho guy.

There's just something about Chris Carmack's icy blue eyes and angular features that makes him look . . . villainous. He's got the look of a serial killer.

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:12 PM, Palomar said:

Really Owen and Amelia again? What I'd really like is for Cristina to come back and shake things up.

not sure how Maggie and Jackson is incestuous because they are not biological and weren't raised together, maybe others see something I don't, but that's my opinion

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:05 PM, Pandorap said:

I can't stop watching but sometimes I just wish I could let it go.  Why do they have to make Karev look stupid?  He's not.  "oh yeah, I can sign off on this stuff, on my first day, without knowing anything about the budget or my job!"  Yeah, he's impulsive and brash and is going to have to find his footing as chief but this storyline so far is stupid.  IMO.

I have never liked Jo, not since day one.  Nothing to say about her.

Bailey is like a caricature of her old self.  Makes me sad almost every time I watch her.

Webber.  I really don't understand where they are going with him.  Is he drinking? Is he just lonely?  Do I care anymore?

It's just totally weird that Jackson has disappeared (whatever the real life reason - it doesn't fit the show for me.)  I might be in the minority but I actually really like Maggie and I'm ok with her and Jackson as a couple.  I do NOT personally watch this show to learn about the Christian faith and I was never so happy as when April was gone and I could stop hearing about it.  Now we get Jackson having a crisis of faith.  Blech.  I hope this is wrapped up soon.

I also might be in the minority when I say that I like the Amelia and Owen story line.  Kind of a lot.  (I try to pretend Teddy doesn't exist for the time being)

And I want to see Mer be happy.  I feel like She deserves a beautiful, mature, loving relationship and my fingers are crossed that I might eventually see her get that.

I don't minf all the relationships now I really hope owen never finds out how teddy feels about him, im pulling for him and amelia, but I know shondaland hates for there to be happiness on this show