Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E03: Week 2: New York City Night

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

It was very sloppy, so im confused on Len of all people giving her 9. He clearly has favortism of alexia

I think it was because Alexis was in danger last week when she shouldn't have been, so he elevated her score this time around to try to avoid being in danger. That's my theory. He probably does like her a lot if he feels like giving her a 9. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeMo said:

It should be Joe and Danielle going home but my money is on Joe sticking around at least another week or two just to annoy me. I worry for Evanna and Nancy though I bet Val’s fans can help pull Nancy through to another week. 

Evanna got through getting 5s last week, so I don't think she would be eliminated. It could be Nancy, though.

Really, it should be Joe Blows and Bobby, who must be the most annoying contestant on DWTS since Bristol Palin and Kate Gosselin. I think Danielle is going to go though, and I wouldn't mind that, either. She is lovely, but she isn't really able to do the dances.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 9

I don't know of Bobby before this but is this some sort of fake persona he puts on? On Sharna's instagram stories he seems normal, then on show nights it's this annoying shtick. I feel sorry for Sharna because she seems surprised by it too. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

A girl with no feet?  Well, that’s still a better dancer than stiff, hunched Joe who tiptoes awkwardly around like he’s walking on glass and trying to suppress a shart. 

Look how stiff he is with his “GF”.  I don’t think Joe necessarily likes or is comfortable with the ladies.  

He was on the Bachelorette so probably ok with girls.  

Mary Lou is a contender for elimination if voters are aware she stuck up for Nasser.   I was not aware of that until I read it here.  She was lucky to get some hair last night, her own is extremely thin. L

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

I don't know of Bobby before this but is this some sort of fake persona he puts on? On Sharna's instagram stories he seems normal, then on show nights it's this annoying shtick. I feel sorry for Sharna because she seems surprised by it too. 

They have zero chemistry and Sharna seems annoyed by him. Was it just me or did he storm off from her at the end?

• Love 5

I think Sharna looks very annoyed by Bobby Bones. I feel bad she was paired with him, especially with such a strong male cast. She is probably annoyed she didn't get DeMarcus (he seems the most likely to be paired with her out of the other males). Idk why Bobby acts like that.

I really like Joe although didn't vote for him. He may stay on for a while if the bachelor fans continue voting in full force. I would really like to see him continue just to see if he grows. He was definitely better this week. I think he has some nerves about the entire process. Anyway, it stinks this season is so stacked because on other seasons Joe could stay awhile and show improvement. Also I thought the 5 seemed low. Makes me wonder if they are trying to keep his scores down to get him eliminated (of course he is probably the weakest with Danelle and Bobby, but I feel everyone else got scored insanely high for week 2). Joe seems a little more comfortable. I hope he keeps easing up. If not, his fans need to let him be eliminated like Mischa Barton (she was so miserable to watch on the show because she looked so uncomfortable).

I think I'm rooting for Evanna and Juan Pablo. It's nice to see Keo finally have a good partner that he also seems to connect with. Something was always off when he was paired with Jodie Sweetin (I think their personalities clashed) even though she was a decent partner. Juan Pablo is great, and him and Cheryl are a really good pairing.

Milo, Alexis, Tinashe were all great. Really enjoyed John and Nancy. I actually think both look great. DeMarcus is great too. It will be hard to predict who wins this year as they have so many ringers.

Mary Lou may be eliminated tonight. She's not bad, but the cast is so stacked she is probably in danger of leaving.

Danelle is so impressive for being blind, although I hope she doesn't stick around too long. This show is probably a bit stressful to her to stay on too long, as I really think the dancing would be so difficult blind.

• Love 6

When is Most Memorable Year Week? Does Danielle have enough to scrape through until then?

Alexis getting a 9 from Len of all people is a glaring neon sign that she is very much at risk this week, IMO.

• Love 3

I really wish Val's stans stfu about that its unfair they gave tinashe to a new pro when she should have went to Val. They feel like his talent is being wasted this season and it really isnt. Val seems like he is fine being with Nancy. He seems to have a better attitude toward her than he did Victoria, like I said that partnership was awful.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I really wish Val's stans stfu about that its unfair they gave tinashe to a new pro when she should have went to Val. They feel like his talent is being wasted this season and it really isnt. Val seems like he is fine being with Nancy. He seems to have a better attitude toward her than he did Victoria, like I said that partnership was awful.

Val looks like he's ready to get married and he really doesn't care about winning this season. He has been a lot less annoying than usual, and while Nancy isn't very good, she isn't annoying and I don't mind her being around a while.

Mary Lou, Joe and Bobby can all go. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Val looks like he's ready to get married and he really doesn't care about winning this season. He has been a lot less annoying than usual, and while Nancy isn't very good, she isn't annoying and I don't mind her being around a while.

Mary Lou, Joe and Bobby can all go. 

Of course he doesnt care about winning, he has won twice so he is good. I dont know about that ready to get married part but thats a different story.

I feel like Lindsay always gets the young partners who are able to dance. I like her and her style of choreographing .. but that scream she does after each judge tells her how great her and her partner are is really excessive.

54 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

When is Most Memorable Year Week? Does Danielle have enough to scrape through until then?

Alexis getting a 9 from Len of all people is a glaring neon sign that she is very much at risk this week, IMO.

I think most memorable year week is next week and if I had to guess I think the show only cares about getting Danielle that far and then then not so much.  I had even wondered if Danielle is 2nd from last tonight if the show would hold off the double elimination (since it hasn't technically been announced) and stick a double elim on another week.  Now if she's way on the bottom, I don't think they can do anything outside of artificially boosting her scores tonight.  I feel like the show going through with the double elim this early depends on who is being eliminated.

• Love 1

Just because you don’t have any performing experience doesn’t mean the other contestants don’t work just as hard. Everyone’s journey is respective. You’re disrespecting your fellow contestants and undermining their journey. Just enjoy the show and shut up. he is so obnoxious.

3CA199E3-3FD2-4504-B02D-C99F1BBA3A7B.jpeg

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, tedd said:

Just because you don’t have any performing experience doesn’t mean the other contestants don’t work just as hard. Everyone’s journey is respective. You’re disrespecting your fellow contestants and undermining their journey. Just enjoy the show and shut up. he is so obnoxious.

3CA199E3-3FD2-4504-B02D-C99F1BBA3A7B.jpeg

Can Bobby just leave right now, God I hate when they get contestants like this, that always complaining about others being better and what about Alexia and Milo, why does he keep bringing up tinashe and Demarcus. I actually fill like its alot of great dancers this season, more than I have seen in one season but only two is getting singled out.

• Love 7

I think so much of this season is going to come down to the pros and their popularity. I can absolutely see Nancy getting by a few more weeks because of Val's humongous fan base. Same with Bobby and Sharna. I can also see Alexis or Evanna going early because Alan and Keo are too new/not popular.

• Love 4

Whereas I think Nancy will likely go tonight because while I think people like her, she doesn't seem to be a fave of many and nobody seems intent on saving her.  Like I saw some people trying to vote for Danielle to save her tonight and I think Val's fans are more split than ever since many of them also vote for Jenna.   Nancy is in this sort of weird area where she's not fantastic but she's not horrible and she seems like a perfectly nice human being who is approaching the show with the right attitude.  But she doesn't have a huge personality that has really invoked a ton of hardcore support and many of Val's fans are too annoyed at him not having a young person/ringer.  Plus Nancy doesn't have the advantage of being a mediocre white male...see Joe and Bobby.

I think for Nancy it really comes down to whether she has more or less support than Mary Lou.  Which might not matter anyway if they are both the bottom two.

If Bobby keeps up his antics he will lose support, but I don't think he's in any real danger yet.

Also of course keeping in mind that any of the above could have a complete meltdown or a fantastic dance tonight which could alter some things depending on how much time is given for the vote.  Like I could see the judges getting the order to boost Danielle's scores tonight and maybe knock Nancy's down a tad to get Danielle past her into most memorable year week.

As much as I want Nancy to get a few more weeks and as much as I hate the format of having couples dance 4 dances in 2 weeks, I guess the flip side to that is at least she would have gotten the chance to perform four dances on the show instead of one or two.  Then again she might not have fractured her foot if she wasn't trying to learn so many dances.

Also Joe's fans are still complaining about him being underscored and he's just a regular guy against a bunch of performers so maybe his fans and Bobby can get together and throw a pity party.  See, if you're a male you are rewarded for mediocrity.  I'd act shocked, but well...

Edited by spanana
  • Love 2

For some reason I think Alexia is going to be the first surprise elimination of the season. The GP seems to not care for her too much from the comments I read on facebook. I do think she is a good dancer but there is something missing and I cant put my finger on it but I dont think she should go home before mediocre men but this show loves their bland men so its noway Joe and Bobby are going anywhere anytime soon.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

For some reason I think Alexia is going to be the first surprise elimination of the season. The GP seems to not care for her too much from the comments I read on facebook. I do think she is a good dancer but there is something missing and I cant put my finger on it but I dont think she should go home before mediocre men but this show loves their bland men so its noway Joe and Bobby are going anywhere anytime soon.

Alexis will likely be a middle of the season boot (though possibly earlier), not through any fault of her own, but because she doesn't have the popularity despite being one of the best dancers this season. I think people just see her as this bland celebrity, which is a shame because I think she's great. She works well with Alan and I think she's nice, but maybe she's too nice that she's seen as boring. Alexis is pretty great and I am genuinely rooting for her. 

• Love 4

@Wings I completely agree re: MLR’s hair. 

I have great admiration for Danielle but it’s kinda painful (for me) to watch her. She just looks scared. 

Nancy’s dress was so much better! And her dance was better than last week.

Loved DeMarcus, Tinashe and Milo. I don’t have strong feelings either way towards Grocery Store Joe... I don’t watch the Bachelor so I have no preconceptions. Enjoyed John’s dance and he looked like he was having a lot of fun. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Alexis will likely be a middle of the season boot (though possibly earlier), not through any fault of her own, but because she doesn't have the popularity despite being one of the best dancers this season. I think people just see her as this bland celebrity, which is a shame because I think she's great. She works well with Alan and I think she's nice, but maybe she's too nice that she's seen as boring. Alexis is pretty great and I am genuinely rooting for her. 

I agree, but I also think it's not helped by the fact that this is a season with a lot of good dancers who are on fairly equal footing.  So it's also a lot easier to get lost in the pack amongst people more known and bigger personalities.  In this lot, there are going to be good dancers that go home early.  Especially when you have Bobby and Joe types who are going to continue to get support while not being very good.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

The thing is she has the biggest sm following than any of the other contestants but like someone said im sure most of her followers are men or young guys who do not watch dwts and she is not gaining female demo, maybe if she makes it to memorable week and speak on the death of her mother that will help her. I hate sob stories during memorable week but in this case it will probably help Alexia since she is not exactly wellliked by the gp.

• Love 2

There are plenty of things that I get annoyed at Bobby Bones at, but honestly that twitter exchange from above is not going to be one of them.

He basically distilled down the essence of DWTS into one twitter response. If it was truly was that you should always vote for the most deserving team (as in the most deserving=most talented at that week's dance), then we wouldn't be going around and around coming up with a million reasons why Alexis is going (or should) potentially go out 11th or 12th in this cast of 13. That's the point he's making. That people vote for contestants and pairings on this show for a myriad of reasons (popularity from something they are know for before their time on DWTS, their dance ability, their amazing personality, the chemistry with their pro partner, their "journey", etc. etc.) and to top it all of, he's not wrong with the two cast members he singled out. DeMarcus to the other's in the cast probably does seem incredibly solid, Tinashe is a trained (not in ballroom) dancer. The other cast members are aware of this and know he's not lying.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Basically everything you need to know about how annoying Bobby is can be explained by this: https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/05/13/bobby-bones-paid-go-away-bobby-bones-billboards/84342574/

Go Away Bobby.  For real. 

Oh geez, the dude really seems obsessed by what people think of him. It's weird, I lived in Tennessee for 12 years and never heard of him, but then again, I don't follow country music.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

The thing is she has the biggest sm following than any of the other contestants but like someone said im sure most of her followers are men or young guys who do not watch dwts

We've seen many times over the years how having a huge social media following means very little in terms of votes. Hayes Grier and Bethany Mota come to mind. In fact with Bethany she started annoying her YouTube fans because she was so involved with DWTS that she wasn't posting video blogs all that much. 

• Love 1

If there's a double elimination, I think any combination of Danelle, Joe, or Bobby should go home tonight. 

Danelle and Joe are technically the weakest dancers, but both seem very nice.

Bobby is a better dancer than them, but he is just so obnoxious that I want him off. I wish I could "down vote" online to cancel out some of the votes from his fanbase, that is how much I don't like his personality. 

I sure as hell hope it isn't Alexis or Nancy, or even Mary Lou. MLR can go home in an upcoming week, I'd be fine with her being middle of the pack.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, gohawks said:

Milo looks like Ross Geller. Not an insult. He is adorable.

I saw that comparison, too :D! He could easily play his son in something. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Bobby, has a weird, coiled energy about him. Like I have a feeling one week the training is not going to go well and we might get some "drama" between Sharna and him. The more contained dances are not going to suit him well so I guess the best I can say is he made it through and toned it down some (for him at least). People at home will probably laugh at the flossing at the end, instead of side-eyeing it. He's not going anywhere until Top 6 if not farther...

What's wrong with that? Some people watch this show to be entertained (like me). I don't necessarily care if the routines are absolutely perfect, not a toe out of place. I like personality just as much as I like dancing talent and sequins just make it better. 

For the record, I laughed. I thought it was hilarious. I like spontaneity. It was more entertaining than the usual "hold pose - smile/maybe cry - hug while jumping up and down before rushing to the judges table" ending.  

• Love 2

Nothing wrong with it from my perspective. Although if you read Desiree Murphy's bts wrap up piece she does for ET Online, I guess Sharna wasn't too thrilled about it because that wasn't the ending that she had actually choreographed.

To me it does no good for Bobby to try and be someone he's not. If he's this weird in real life, then that's what we should see from him on DWTS. Will everyone like his personality? No, but enough probably will to keep him in it for an extended run.

And for the record, I didn't side-eye the flossing when it happened (I didn't necessarily laugh at it either) but the social media insta-reactions seemed to have a lot of side-eyeing which my comment was in relation to. 

• Love 4

Well I think there is a time and place for clowning around, and in this case, his actions were inappropriate. I'm not a big Sharna fan, but she obviously works hard and he ruined what she created.  He could have waited to do his flossing until after the dance was over. 

He's a better dancer than Joe or Danielle and he could have scored higher than them if he did what Sharna told him to do.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Nothing wrong with it from my perspective. Although if you read Desiree Murphy's bts wrap up piece she does for ET Online, I guess Sharna wasn't too thrilled about it because that wasn't the ending that she had actually choreographed.

To me it does no good for Bobby to try and be someone he's not. If he's this weird in real life, then that's what we should see from him on DWTS. Will everyone like his personality? No, but enough probably will to keep him in it for an extended run.

And for the record, I didn't side-eye the flossing when it happened (I didn't necessarily laugh at it either) but the social media insta-reactions seemed to have a lot of side-eyeing which my comment was in relation to. 

Yes, I had heard from a few people that it sounded like Sharna was upset after the show and I think maybe Bobby even admitted that somewhere?  I'm of two minds.  Great that you are having fun and if your emotions get the best of you sometimes, then cool.  On the other, these pros are painstakingly agonizing over choreo day in and day out trying to put together complete routines that either tell a story or showcase their celeb well or whatever goal they have.  For the pros that choreograph their own routines, this is their art.  So in that sense I just find it a tad disrespectful on Bobby's part towards Sharna, who probably spent days putting together that routine from concept to steps to lighting to etc.

Also do we think that was unplanned on Bobby's part?  Because to me it felt like it was something he planned to do at the end because he thought it would be fun, but didn't tell his partner what he planned to do.

Anyway, nothing wrong with being entertained by it.  Especially if it's not something he's going to do every week.  If he keeps going there I think it's disrespectful towards Sharna and her work.

And yes, I agree with the sentiment that if Bobby wanted to floss he could have waited a few more seconds until the dance was over and flossed his way over to the judges or something.  I think Bobby needs to learn the concept of waiting until the dance ends to start his celebrations.  Similar to last week where he practically almost dropped Sharna because they were still in their ending pose.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 11

I feel like the judges think that they have to wait a few weeks before giving tinashe 10s. It’s only a matter of time. She’s obviously had training and is the ringer of this season. Jenna is annoying to me and I don’t understand the GS Joe hype so, they can leave. I don’t think that Alexis has a very big fan base. I didn’t like her dance because I felt Swan Lake doesn’t go with the AT. I like Evanna but, I felt like she’s getting lost in all the big personalities this season. Danielle has a courage for what she’s doing. I love Artem and I love that he took on the challenge but, I don’t see them lasting long. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TroopinFairy said:

I feel like the judges think that they have to wait a few weeks before giving tinashe 10s. It’s only a matter of time. She’s obviously had training and is the ringer of this season. Jenna is annoying to me and I don’t understand the GS Joe hype so, they can leave. I don’t think that Alexis has a very big fan base. I didn’t like her dance because I felt Swan Lake doesn’t go with the AT. I like Evanna but, I felt like she’s getting lost in all the big personalities this season. Danielle has a courage for what she’s doing. I love Artem and I love that he took on the challenge but, I don’t see them lasting long. 

I do wish that they simply allowed Alexis to do ballet and not have to call it an AT. I mean, we've seen various dances over the years. I've looked up the many dances that this show has had, especially the rare dance types, and have they done straight up ballet? I know it's not ballroom dance, and it may not be very exciting to some to watch, but Bollywood dance isn't ballroom. Hip hop isn't ballroom. So it would have been cool to see them do ballet for Alexis. 

1 hour ago, spanana said:

Yes, I had heard from a few people that it sounded like Sharna was upset after the show and I think maybe Bobby even admitted that somewhere?  I'm of two minds.  Great that you are having fun and if your emotions get the best of you sometimes, then cool.  On the other, these pros are painstakingly agonizing over choreo day in and day out trying to put together complete routines that either tell a story or showcase their celeb well or whatever goal they have.  For the pros that choreograph their own routines, this is their art.  So in that sense I just find it a tad disrespectful on Bobby's part towards Sharna, who probably spent days putting together that routine from concept to steps to lighting to etc.

Also do we think that was unplanned on Bobby's part?  Because to me it felt like it was something he planned to do at the end because he thought it would be fun, but didn't tell his partner what he planned to do.

Anyway, nothing wrong with being entertained by it.  Especially if it's not something he's going to do every week.  If he keeps going there I think it's disrespectful towards Sharna and her work.

And yes, I agree with the sentiment that if Bobby wanted to floss he could have waited a few more seconds until the dance was over and flossed his way over to the judges or something.  I think Bobby needs to learn the concept of waiting until the dance ends to start his celebrations.  Similar to last week where he practically almost dropped Sharna because they were still in their ending pose.

I completely agree with this. Here's my issue with Bobby deciding to do his own thing at the end. It's one thing to want to add your own flair to the dance, to make it your own. But completely changing up the last part of the dance to do something and surprise your partner, who likely worked very hard to choregraph a dance for you that is being judged? Not so cool. And, for me, I feel like Bobby's done this twice with Sharna now. Last week, he may not have changed up the dance, but he was all over the place and erratic, to the point where Sharna did look visibly uncomfortable at the end of their first dance. And now, this week, he changes things up because....why? Again, he needed to talk to Sharna so that she's not taken aback. It does make it seem disrespectful on his part, not because he's excited and wants to do something to showcase himself (as that should be the point of doing the show) but because he's doing things that aren't coinciding with what his partner is doing. She's been working hard to make him look good, just like he's been working hard to learn the dance. I just feel like he doesn't understand boundaries and that there's a time and a place for his shenanigans. Add flair, add uniqueness and your own stuff. But do that...I don't know, before you're onstage doing your dance in front of millions. 

I don't know; between this and Bobby's consistent pointing out the better dancers this season (he's pointed out Tinashe and Demarcus as the frontrunners because...why?), he's slipped off my favourites list quite quickly and entered my least favourites list. 

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Uke said:

Did Tom mention who the tappers were?

I watched the tappers again and it looks to me like they are part of the troupe. Speaking of the troupe......anyone know if Robert Roldan is a permanent member of the troupe this season?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I was liking Bobby and Sharna's dance overall until that weird dance of his at the end. 

I thought that "weird" dance Bobby did at the end is Pee Wee Herman's dance. No???

IMHO, Bobby has to go. I'm not enjoying him at all. I feel sorry for Sharna because she has no idea what he is going to do next.

• Love 4

I was looking back on my voting last week to this week and realized I didn’t vote for a Mary Lou this week. I had just read about Nassau thing so I’m wondering if I was impacted without even realizing it. Sounds silly but I voted with my gut and it didn’t include her this week. I also tend to vote most for the females because they have the harder job in my opinion, many times the men are choreographed to stand about hold and point so I tend to appreciate how much the women end up doing in general. 

As far as specific contestants, I watch the Bachleor shows and always felt Joe is so vanilla. Don’t get it. He probably isnt going soon but I wish he would. However I wish no one to go more than Bobby, he is such a disrespectful tool. I literally grinded my teeth when he came out. What an a-hole. Sorry. 

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, luvthepros said:

I watched the tappers again and it looks to me like they are part of the troupe. Speaking of the troupe......anyone know if Robert Roldan is a permanent member of the troupe this season?

The troupe got promo shots this year, and he wasn’t included (announced troupe was Artur, Hayley, Britt, Morgan, Vlad.) There’s a chance he’s a late addition, though he’s also worked on the show on a week to week basis before. They’re doing that a lot lately, filling in with extra dancers beyond troupe, on an as needed basis.

One of the tappers looked to be one of those who seems to turn up on a few episodes a season (Nick Baga?) I don’t think they are official troupe.

• Love 1

My thoughts on tonight:

DeMarcus-Fun, if kind of rough.

Danelle-I'm sorry, but while I applaud the effort, that was almost painful to watch.

John-I loved it, and I love how he's so supportive of his fellow castmates!  I hope he sticks around awhile.

Nancy-Her dress was much better tonight. The dance could have been a little smoother but, given that she has a fracture in her foot, maybe not.

Alexis-I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Technically, it looked good but it didn't move me emotionally. I thought the 9 was too much.

Joe-Well, it was better than last week, but that's not saying much.  I hate that they butchered New York State of Mind. He can go now, but what is up with Bruno? His last comment was unnecessary.

Tinashe-Too many tricks, not enough dancing, plus it was so dark it was hard to see what they were doing.

Milo-This dance made me smile. They looked like they were having so much fun!

Mary Lou-Am I the only one that was cringing because of the woman singing? The dance was good.

Juan Pablo-That was ok, but not great. Overscored, IMO.

Evanna-Where were they the entire first part of the show? She danced well, but I still feel that Keo always tries to out-dance his partner.

Bobby-Can he be any more obnoxious? Poor Sharna!

My bottom three for tonight:  Bobby, Danelle, and Joe.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, vibeology said:

The dances were better than last week across the board but the scores were far too high.

I agree with this 100%! They are not leaving much room to score for improvement. People complain when dancers get 5's and 6's, but if you start the season at 7's and 8's it doesn't leave much room. I say don't let a score be higher than 7 the first couple of weeks(make it seem like a 7 would be like a 10 in later weeks).

Edited by marykat71702
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Lets just say I know mutuals who knows folks in Val circle, that feel Val is is settling and that Jenna isnt his type.

I wonder if that's just his friends opinion, because clearly Val does not need to settle for anyone.

20 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I do wish that they simply allowed Alexis to do ballet and not have to call it an AT. I mean, we've seen various dances over the years. I've looked up the many dances that this show has had, especially the rare dance types, and have they done straight up ballet? I know it's not ballroom dance, and it may not be very exciting to some to watch, but Bollywood dance isn't ballroom. Hip hop isn't ballroom. So it would have been cool to see them do ballet for Alexis. 

I completely agree with this. Here's my issue with Bobby deciding to do his own thing at the end. It's one thing to want to add your own flair to the dance, to make it your own. But completely changing up the last part of the dance to do something and surprise your partner, who likely worked very hard to choregraph a dance for you that is being judged? Not so cool. And, for me, I feel like Bobby's done this twice with Sharna now. Last week, he may not have changed up the dance, but he was all over the place and erratic, to the point where Sharna did look visibly uncomfortable at the end of their first dance. And now, this week, he changes things up because....why? Again, he needed to talk to Sharna so that she's not taken aback. It does make it seem disrespectful on his part, not because he's excited and wants to do something to showcase himself (as that should be the point of doing the show) but because he's doing things that aren't coinciding with what his partner is doing. She's been working hard to make him look good, just like he's been working hard to learn the dance. I just feel like he doesn't understand boundaries and that there's a time and a place for his shenanigans. Add flair, add uniqueness and your own stuff. But do that...I don't know, before you're onstage doing your dance in front of millions. 

I don't know; between this and Bobby's consistent pointing out the better dancers this season (he's pointed out Tinashe and Demarcus as the frontrunners because...why?), he's slipped off my favourites list quite quickly and entered my least favourites list. 

I don't think Alexis would do well with a strictly ballet routine.  She hasn't done it in awhile and never wore a tutu.  So that means she probably didn't even reach intermediate level.  Even before she said that, I could tell that she hasn't done ballet for awhile.  I do think she's one of the better dancers even though there were a few stumbles in their routine.  However, as many of you mentioned, she's going to be a surprise elimination which really won't be a surprise.

I agree with everything you said about Bobby.  As others have mentioned, he could have waited to floss after the music stops and holding the ending pose that Sharna planned for awhile.  That way, you could tell it wasn't part of the dance and you don't hear CAI say, "I'm confused.  Was that part of the dance?"  And Sharna quickly said no because that was not what she planned.  Sharna was also clearly shocked last week.  I understand that he wants to have fun but there are boundaries.  Also agree that he doesn't need to bring up Tinashe or Demarcus.

Like Tinashe again but Milo was the one that surprised me.  The choreography was quick, fun, and difficult.  He nailed it. 

Everybody did improve.  I didn't watch last night's show but read that Danielle left because of forum comments.  She is inspiring but she wasn't going to improve that much.  Hope Joe or Bobby is next but doubt it.

• Love 3
On 10/2/2018 at 9:44 AM, vibeology said:

The dances were better than last week across the board but the scores were far too high.

Alexis and Alan had the problem with the costume and the lifts weren't super strong but I thought the AT was pretty wonderful otherwise and I would hate to see her go home early just because she isn't as well known as the rest of the group.

I hated Bobby. Hated! Hated! It's week two and I was already done with him last week. Joe was also bad but I don't hate him. Talk to me when he's still here in a couple of weeks while better dancers go home. Danelle is struggling but also doing really well when you consider what must be happening in rehearsal to get her to where she's been every dance. I think her limit is here but again, I'd keep her over Bobby any day of the week.

So...this past summer, I actually read Bobby Bones' book Fight, Grind Repeat. I don't listen to his show, but I thought the book might be inspirational to my son who was going off to college, and I read it too. It's easy to tell he's ADHD and needs constant attention and validation. But he's definitely had a hard life (his dad wasn't present at all even though he lived one town over, and his mom was a drug addict who died of an overdose. He was beyond poor.)  And while I wouldn't justify everything he does just because of this background, it does help to explain some of his behavior (my own mom grew up in similar circumstances, and while she lives a mostly functional life, this kind of childhood messes you up permanently - the coping skills you use to survive end up being harmful to adult relationships). 

That said, while I was expecting Bobby to be over-enthusiastic and immature, I've been taken aback by his behavior, especially the "flossing". There has definitely been douche-y behavior on DWTS before - just as one example, Jacoby Jones would leave Karina on the floor at the end of a dance (or drop her) to prance around the dance floor in victory while she picked herself up and dusted herself off. No mutual congratulatory hugs for Jacoby! Ugh. (However Jacoby was a much better dancer!)

What does surprise me about Bobby is that in his book, he talks about how he's learned to be professional and respectful to colleagues, country music stars, etc - to the point of praising his whole team on a regular basis for how hard they work. Why wouldn't he respect Sharna the same way? So confusing. 

On 10/2/2018 at 9:52 AM, crowceilidh said:

Actually, I thought the concept of Alexis and Alan's dance, but the execution seemed terrifically hesitant and sloppy to me.  I mean you could see that she has the body and extension to make a dancer, but I really thought it didn't work.  And I had trouble getting over the footgear (nice attempt and creative, but it just jarred and jarred).  It was a very Mark thing to do, so I welcome that.

The trouble with Swan Lake is that it's only been done once before - Val and Rumer. And they did it fantastically, timing the perfectly done lift with the crescendo in the music, etc. They had a lot of advantages: Val is a more seasoned pro than Alan, Rumer was a better dancer than Alexis, and they had wacky-but-brilliant Bruno engineering it behind the scenes. With all that, I felt like A & A's version was way too similar, but a watered-down, pale imitation. Even if the lift and costume change had gone well, it was just ok. (Regarding the costume change: no one should ever forget Tony and Betsey Johnson's boa slip-up! Don't let it be you.) 

On 10/2/2018 at 11:15 AM, boyznkatz said:

They have zero chemistry and Sharna seems annoyed by him. Was it just me or did he storm off from her at the end?

Sadly, during rehearsals but before the show started, they seemed to get along great. Watch her on his radio show, or Instagram posts/stories. I think they really hit it off at first, and his immature behavior during the dances has caught her off-guard. 

• Love 5
On 10/1/2018 at 10:25 PM, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Week Two, SNAP THOUGHTS!

DeMarcus, to be honest, I thought he might be a little better at these style dances....but there was something a little odd about his hold with Lindsay. Still, a pretty great effort in the lead off spot.

Danelle, Okay, I am all for her having an amazing time. However, there's everyone else (I'm being generous with Joe) and her. She walks slowly through so much of the dances. The second she leaves Artem it's unsteady or wobbly. IDK....I really wish she would've been let down gently last week (yes I'm still bitter that Nikki G. was one and done), and I'm thinking it happens in the double elimination tomorrow night.

John, You can see that he's such a performer. A stage veteran that isn't overwhelmed when it comes to the performance quality. It really does remind me of when Emma and Bill Engvall made an unlikely run to the finals...they have that kind of chemistry. This is a much tougher season though. **Complete and total tangent, if you watched Bill and Emma's season...you should seek out a comedy special of his on Ytube called "We Got the Stone". He details his time on DWTS hilariously.

Nancy, Sadly, by the end of the two hours the only thing I really remember about her was the foot fracture. I guess the dance was competent if not particularly memorable.

Alexis, Man I wanted to see this minus the wardrobe fail. She has an ability to create gorgeous lines and shapes with her body (the one overhead lift excepted). It was also fun to see her fangirl out when they facetimed with the ballerina. I'm fearful that Len breaking out the 9 really does signal with flashing lights that she is in jeopardy of getting swallowed up by the Double Elimination. I hope not, because I really want to see what Alan and her could come up with as the season goes on and she gains even more confidence.

Joe, Was it an improvement from last week? Yes...because he remembered the 20 steps Jenna included in the entire dance. Wow was that ever dumbed down. I know he won't, but please go away...

Tinashe, I wish Brandon (who I'm just not feeling at this point) would've taken a page from Val and Zendaya's AT. Something like that could've been smoking. As it was it was fine, but it just left me mostly cold. The lighting didn't help either.

Milo, Honestly I'm really surprised how much I'm liking Witney and him this season. He's having fun, he can really move and they don't seem to be taking themselves too seriously (which sometimes I think Witney can be a little bit guilty of). No issues that he's right up at the top of the leaderboard.

MLR, Still not watching.

Juan Pablo, He's fine. I wish I had more intense thoughts about him and Cheryl...but I don't really. My guess is he's at least Top 5 bound unless an injury would take him out early.

Evanna, I keep forgetting she's in the competition. In another season, she'd probably stand out more purely on dance ability (like top 4 ) but in this cast (with Keo too) she just blends into the middle of the pack.

Bobby, has a weird, coiled energy about him. Like I have a feeling one week the training is not going to go well and we might get some "drama" between Sharna and him. The more contained dances are not going to suit him well so I guess the best I can say is he made it through and toned it down some (for him at least). People at home will probably laugh at the flossing at the end, instead of side-eyeing it. He's not going anywhere until Top 6 if not farther...

Sorry about that, I wanted to quote you and thank you for the tip of Bill Engvall's video. Just watched it and I laughed 'til I cried...and now I feel bad for voting for him week in and week out..He missed deer season...Thanks for posting about that...