Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E04: Week 2: Las Vegas Night

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, calipiano81 said:

Does Evanna remind anyone else of Nastia Liukin? 

In looks, yes, now that you mention it.  Though Evanna projects a warmth and a relaxed easy smile that I never got from Nastia.  

• Love 5

There was a lot of good dancing tonight!

Does Donny ever age?

Poor Sharna.

What happened to the double elimination?

I am glad that John didn't get sent home tonight. Bobby and Joe should be gone before he is if you're going by overall dance ability. I will admit that John's dance tonight wasn't that great.

The Blue Man Group kind of creeps me out. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Uke said:

Pretty sure this often times is the point.  If the star isn't doing so good, throw in a lot of distraction so that hopefully you'll be impressed with the overall production and think the star did better than they actually did.

So you could theoretically vote for Bobby Boner, when the dancer you thought was him was really Jerry the samba guy.  I have really bad vision.  It could happen,

• Love 5

Keo is a good-looking guy. He is usually gone by now, so I guess I forgot.

John needs to go, though I guess I should hope he stays for the sake of his kids. Maybe he will earn enough money to pay child-support.

Love Milo, Evanna and Tinashe. Alex too.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, gohawks said:

Keo is a good-looking guy. He is usually gone by now, so I guess I forgot.

John needs to go, though I guess I should hope he stays for the sake of his kids. Maybe he will earn enough money to pay child-support.

Love Milo, Evanna and Tinashe. Alex too.

I agree about Keo. I'm glad he looks happy and finally got a partner he can stick around with.

I wish they would give Artem a partner who had a chance of sticking around as well.

• Love 7

Am I the only one who doesn't think Joe is that terrible? He stands out this season cause half the cast came out rocking. I can honestly picture 4 people potentially winning at this point (Milo, Tinashe, Demarcus, Juan Pablo), and that doesn't include Alexis or Evanna who are also doing really well for week 1/2. This season is stacked so Joe sticks out worse than normal. Also they are making them do a lot these first couple weeks. They are having to learn more dances than normal for week 1 and 2. Joe is obviously shy on stage too and I think nerves are also holding him back. I'm sure he feels like crud being one of only 3 or so in the cast to get scores below 8s (seriously they are handing out big scores early this year). No he isn't great, but I think on a different season he would do much better. However, if he doesn't get more comfortable I do think his fans should let him go off gracefully. Think of Mischa Barton; I feel like she had a big fanbase but she looked so uncomfortable and awkward they had to stop voting for her.

Anyway I am mostly rooting for Evanna and Juan Pablo at this point. Milo and Tinashe are great too. There are a lot of solid dancers this season.

I think Danelle was the right one to go. She is really inspiring, but I think having a visual handicap is a lot harder to deal with on this show than any other disabilities we have seen. She still did well for that huge impairment though. I think the live venue was also an adjustment too, as like she said the crowd gets loud and throws her off.

Mary Lou, Bobby or Joe could go next in my opinion. I love Sharna but really dislike Bobby. He is very annoying, and it also seems like Sharna does not like him either.

• Love 6

I'll go on record to say that I do actually think Joe is that bad.  I don't think he's as uncomfortable to watch as Mischa Barton, so we have certainly had bad dancers that made me feel much more uncomfortable watching them.  Do I think Joe will wind up on the list of all time worst celebrities?  Eh.  Not sure.  I suspect most people will have forgotten his existence once his 15 minutes of Bachelor fame is past him.

IMO his foxtrot was his best dance, but while I say I do think he's actually that bad is that there was nothing redeeming in that jazz.  He sat in a chair for half of it, swung his arms a few times awkwardly and when he did get up and needed to move his timing was 100% of from Jenna/troupe.  His steps just looked wrong.  It's possible he's getting far too much in his head and I get nerves, but at some point you need to get past the nerves or admit it's not nerves.  I give everyone the nerves excuse on week one.

The only thing I'm torn on is if Joe would be finding a way to do slightly better with a different more experienced pro.  Like an Emma, who is used to working with non-skilled dancers.  Or maybe Emma would be finding better ways to showcase him.  

But I do agree with the general sentiment above that Joe is made to look worse because this is a season of pretty strong dancers across the board, so I feel like right now he stands out as the worst of the worst.  Probably followed by Bobby.  Then go up a decent notch to Nancy and maybe Mary Lou, who while I would say neither are amazing and ML is probably better, I do at least give them both credit for making best efforts to learn dances, being given decent amount of real choreography to handle and generally respecting the dances and the process.  Though I just realized I forgot about John.  I guess he's mixed in with the Nancy & Mary Lou group in my head.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 8

I’m just happy that the camera operator finally showed Milo’s mom after he danced! During the west coast broadcasts for the first three shows, I’d hear Tom say “and there’s his mom...” and all I saw were random audience members. The operators are also a wee bit choppy this season as they’re cutting off sections of a couple and the viewers at home are missing part of the routine.

Milo will make it to the finals and I’m hoping Evanna and Juan Pablo do too. I thought Keo was better at keeping an eye on Evanna on Tues night, but he still needs to slow down in order to make the pair of them look better!

Artem & Sharna should dance together as a couple next season (against the pros/celebs) and rightfully take the trophy that they’ve been robbed of for so long. 

• Love 5

I dont care what Len thinks, I think Brandon has cameup with some very creative routines and I dont think they have all been the same. Brandon is going through what both Derek and Mark went through when they first came on the show. Len was so hard on them because they didnt stick to the traditional dances. I respect Brandon, he is doing his own choreography not getting help like some of the season pros do.

• Love 2
On 10/3/2018 at 11:01 AM, howmanywords said:

He's quickly becoming my dark horse.  Witney has been doing a great, great job with the choreography too.

Maybe now that judges told Bobby to tone it down he'll chill? Sharna looks fed up.

Why do I get this feeling Juan and Cheryl arent getting the votes? Im really loving them together but I think he's already getting lost a little and two nights in a row they were IMO overscored.

I still refuse to watch Juniors but it made my heart happy to see Jordan and Frankie last night.

I like Milo...these Disney kids come into DWTS and while they may not win...they usually do a great job and are entertaining.  (Zendaya, however, should have won her season over Kellie Pickler,  but that is my opinion...that and 5$ buys my coffee lol ) 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I like Milo...these Disney kids come into DWTS and while they may not win...they usually do a great job and are entertaining.  (Zendaya, however, should have won her season over Kellie Pickler,  but that is my opinion...that and 5$ buys my coffee lol ) 

Pickler was super annoying and I definitely preferred Zendaya, but they were both good dancers and it could have gone either way. Was that the season with the online voting fiasco?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Pickler was super annoying and I definitely preferred Zendaya, but they were both good dancers and it could have gone either way. Was that the season with the online voting fiasco?

I agree Zendaya should have won but again it was another bad attempt of Val with freestyles. Val is a hit or miss with his freestyles mostly misses but nonetheless. He probably could have won with Normani too if given her something else that contemp/waltz freestyle.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I agree Zendaya should have won but again it was another bad attempt of Val with freestyles. Val is a hit or miss with his freestyles mostly misses but nonetheless. He probably could have won with Normani too if given her something else that contemp/waltz freestyle.

You're right, that was a crap freestyle and I don't remember Val ever doing a good one. He does good tangos and pasos, but I never remember his freestyles. Although I dislike contemporary, Derek did a good one for Kellie Pickler.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

You're right, that was a crap freestyle and I don't remember Val ever doing a good one. He does good tangos and pasos, but I never remember his freestyles. Although I dislike contemporary, Derek did a good one for Kellie Pickler.

I think Val is better at traditional ballroom/latin dances when it comes to out of the box dances such as freestyles or something he doesnt get it or he needs to get help. I think he actually got help with Lauries freestyle which won it for her.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

It was some sort of power outtage on the east coast, so Zendaya could have won.  I wished they had of done their Argentine Tango to The Sherlock Holmes Theme as their Freestyle - it was inspired.  That was Val being pushed to really give us edgy and age appropriate. It was a fascinating juxtaposition in dance.  If that was the finale it could have beat the Pickler acro-routine. imho.

This season is worse than S24 (or whatever season that had Nancy K. on it).  So it won't be long before a surprise boot.  They can't keep all the good dancers.  I really only think Joe is a bad dancer.  Nikki wasn't a bad dancer but someone had to be first.  Danelle wasn't a bad dancer.  She was just unsure but who can blame her.  Bobby has worn me out already.  So I hope he goes soon.  Nancy and John aren't bad but this season has so many good dancers/performers. So hope they go soon as well.  Of course, it won't be this way because someone always out stays their welcome.

Of the other seven, Mary Lou has gotten better with each dance.  But I've always hated her smile (yep, I went there, gotta use something to weed out).  I've enjoyed DeMarcus so far but Lindsey just won not long ago (again, gotta use something).  Evanna is dancing her little heart out but she pales to Alexis and Tinashe.  Leaving my "hope for" top 4 of Tinashe, Alexis, Milo and Juan.  I'm sure they've all had dance/performing training but they are my favorites.  

I would like for Tinashe to win but she doesn't fit the DWTS-type.  So I just hope she lasts until the finals.  Brandon has done a good job with her so far.  I know Alexis said she had millions of followers but that usually doesn't translate to DWTS votes.  But Alan seems to be enjoying himself.  Hopefully, they will last as well.  Milo is the season-surprise for me.  He would be my pick but the height issue takes away from the performance, for me.  That leaves Juan.  Really don't know what kind of fan base that he has but he and Cheryl have been great.

If I had to pick a surprise boot, it would be Alexis or Milo.

• Love 3
On 10/5/2018 at 5:24 PM, boyznkatz said:

Yes, that was the season with the voting fiasco where they threw out the online votes because they couldn’t get the system working. I was bitter then, but in retrospect I think Kellie still would have won because she better fits the main demos of this show and Zendaya obviously didn’t even have a quarter of the fame she does now.  Now she would decimate Kellie in votes.

But at the time a lot of the bitterness was also because most of Z’s young fans were going to vote online so I think throwing out the online votes probably did hurt her more than Kellie.

IMO Zendaya’s entire body of work over the course of the season was much stronger and more memorable than Kellie.  But of course thanks to Val botching the freestyle, Kellie’s freestyle was so much stronger.

S16 was IMO kind of the last real season before everything became a supersized troupe ordeal. Plus they still had the regular results show.

• Love 3
On 2018-10-02 at 10:21 PM, spanana said:

Joe is awful and was scored entirely too high.  Don't get me wrong in that I think they were a little nicer to him because when the judges are truthful with him, his fans revolt.  So if they pretend he's getting better we may get rid of him eventually.  But everything about that was bad.  He sat on a stool for much of the beginning, walked a little and partially caught Jenna in her stupid lift.  The end.  Also the choreography was awful.  I get Joe is bad, but a part of me thinks another female pro with more experience working with not great dancers would do better by him in terms of choreography.  Jenna is too "look at me, look at me".   I think Jenna knows how to be a pro to people with some skill.  I don't think she knows what to do with people with no natural talent.

I knew Danielle going home was a possibility but i thought they would try to get her through to most memorable year at least.  I wish Joe had gone instead but oh well.

Yes, I thought almost everyone was sloppier than last night but also to be expected when they are on dance four in two weeks.

Even with the phone votes Danielle would have gone before Joe.  Joe for whatever dumb reason has legions of fans based off of his one appearance on the Bachelor.  

I disagree, I think Joe was judged fairly. He is making an effort. I can't imagine how tough it would be to complete those dancers without any dance training. I am not impressed with Jenna's coaching or choreography. I haven't watched this show for quite a few seasons so I'm not familiar with her past work. Maybe she isn't good with the harder celebs?

On 2018-10-02 at 10:25 PM, twilightzone said:

Grocery Joe is the Joke Contestant.  He can't dance, period.  He's obviously getting sympathy votes.  How embarrassing.  Unfortunately, he will continue to get through - at the expense of better dancers.

What better dancers? Danielle and Nicole? I don't think either of them were outstanding although I am very impressed by Danielle's bravery. I am fine with Joe sticking around for a few more weeks. Like it or not, personal popularity has much to do with which dancer stays. It's why football players unfortunately win so much. 

On 2018-10-02 at 10:41 PM, Toonces464 said:

Thank you whoever did NOT have Val dance with Jenna tonight in the opening number. I'd watch Val dance 50 times with Sharna if I never had to see him dance with Jenna again.

What was up with the camera work tonight? After nearly every dance they'd cut to random people in the audience clapping rather than letting us see the partners interact at the end of the number. I don't mind when it's someone related to the dancer, like when they showed Camryn Manheim after Milo danced, but who cares about random people clapping?

Tinashe can go home any time now. She danced on stage with Britney Spears in Vegas? Really? That's the level of ringer I do NOT want to see on this show, especially up against people with no dance experience at all. Fortunately between her cocky attitude and Brandon not having much of a fan base, I see her going out middle of the pack.

Sad that Danelle left before MMY. I wanted to see them work the dog into the routine. Kudos to Artem, he did a great job with her. I just think the physical disability/handicap novelty has worn off for people and I wish they'd stop doing it now.

I love Nancy and want her to do well but she just seems so timid. There isn't a lot of personality being shown by her and she's being swallowed up by everyone else.

On 2018-10-02 at 10:45 PM, SHD said:

Joe was also on a whole season of Bachelor in Paradise this summer, so he's had time to build a fan base. Likable guy, terrible dancer. And other than his first dance this year, his outfits look like he could've walked off the street in them. No bling, nothing see-through or silky. Is he worried about his street cred?

I don't think the celeb has anything to do with the costume, that's on the pro and the wardrobe department. Jenna was wearing the type of summer dress you can pick up for under $20 at any cheap clothing store. Maybe she's phoning it in? She certainly doesn't look inspired at all.

On 2018-10-02 at 11:24 PM, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

More SNAP THOUGHTS!

I feel bad for Danelle, but outside of Joe going home (which sadly isn't happening for a while) this was the right choice. Kudos to Artem for trying...but what we saw from Danelle probably wasn't ever going to get much better or dynamic.

Alexis didn't quite have a feel of a salsa completely down, but she still looked gorgeous and was able to pull of Alan's difficult lifts pretty well. I'm still hoping will get a growth arc from them. I think next week will be an emotional rollercoaster given the loss of her Mom.

Milo is kind of stealing the show for me at this point. Super versatile.

Evanna is a fun dancer who I still struggle to remember sometimes. I really have zero feel where she is going to finish up in this season. I could see her out in the next three weeks, I could also see her surprising big time and maybe making it all the way to Top 5.

Tinashe, part of my issue with her is that it just feels inevitable. She will always provide a competently danced piece that will score at the top of the leaderboard (or within a point if Len is feeling stingy). Every single week. And I'm just not vibing with Brandon. He was better tonight, I'll give him that I guess.

Bobby I feel like the judges were a week late in their wildness critiques...because for him he was relatively reserved compared to what we've seen from him so far/

Agreed with Danielle, although I would have liked to see her next dance about a momentous time in her life. Still, I think Artem was challenged to find the right choreography for her. Going down the stairs was always the most terrifying part of the routine for me (and her, I suspect). She did look terribly broken up not relieved to be going home. It looks like most of the celebs have bonded fairly closely.

Alexis didn't look comfortable focusing on the sexier aspects of the salsa, so I think that's why she held back. Pretty understandable for a 17-year-old that's not in show business. You're right, I had forgotten about the loss of her mom. It will be an interesting (and super sad) dance.

Milo is such an amazing revelation! I really like his dancing, and his mastery of different styles. Looking forward to him going far (and perhaps winning!) I was so shocked when I realized Camryn Manheim is his mom. I remember reading an interview with her about the birth of Milo - and how she chose his name based on how easy it would be to call him for dinner etc. Can't believe 17 years have gone by so quickly! She obviously put him in dance classes when young but still - I am impressed that someone so young is that committed. Great job!

Evanna IS fun, and like you, I often forget about her. I am so knocked out by Keo. Love his body, and his dancing and his choreography, and his charm and....wow, he might be my favourite pro!

Tinashe is boring. Her dancing always looks the same to me = polished, accomplished and completely lacking in passion. Looks like she was raised in show business but never actually chose it out of interest. I really hope she doesn't win but unfortunately will probably go the final three at least. I do really like Brandon though, and am intriqued with what he will do with the challenge to shock the judges! Tianshe doesn't seem to interact with him much at all, during the dances or afterward when they get the judges opinions. I also think it is pretty lame to admire Britney Spears as the epitome of singing and acting talent. Bleeeh!

Bobby Boner (thanks Mu Shu!) can go right now. In fact, I would have preferred that he left the first week. Poor Sharna. She's doing her best but obviously, he listens minimally to her direction. Better luck next time Sharna!

On 2018-10-03 at 12:12 AM, AZChristian said:

I was crocheting while watching the show, mainly looking up to see actual performances.  But I did look up a couple of times to see the dancers lined up along the railing of that high interview room.  When Bobby and Sharna were even in the same frame, there seemed to be NO friendly interaction between them.  Sharna looked royally annoyed.

When all three judges tell a "star" to dial it down, the "star" should listen.  This isn't a comedy revue, and he is not a headline act.  Some of us never heard of him before last week, and hope to never hear of him again when he gets voted off (hopefully sooner, rather than later).

Yes, agreed about Bobby. I love watching the dancers and pros along the railing and in the interview room. You definitely get a sense of which celebs are liked and which ones are not. John ad Joe seem popular with most of them. Tinashe looks pretty condescending. 

On 2018-10-03 at 12:20 AM, crowceilidh said:

I'm having trouble liking Brandon personally.  I want to.  I feel like he has no real understanding of the gift he has been handed in Tinashe and he talks down to her or at her a bit.  That's the only reason I think she might have done better with Val is because he would have treated her more royally.  I think Brandon may be a better choreographer than Val, though and he's certainly more hungry.

Who the heck gets that excited about Celine Dion at that age?  I'd say that was some world class faking outta Witney AND Milo (although they are in the starstruck industry, I suppose).

Glad Danelle is gone and wish she'd never been cast.  I think that was a mistake and I suspect that is why she's gone.  She just read as terrified to me so often that it was uncomfortable.  No diss on Artem.  I just think it was a mistake because she's not enough of a fame whore to be happy with what she was going through.  I applaud the courage she definitely did have.

Funny, I have the complete opposite reaction to Brandon and Tinashe's professional relationship. He seems humble and excited over his first opportunity to be a teacher and coach, and she comes across as thinking she knows it all, having toured with Britney.

On 2018-10-03 at 12:22 AM, MerBearHou said:

I think Brandon is a terrific, talented, personable addition to the show and I wish him a long career on DWTS if he wants it!  Love his choreography.  What I DO think will hold back Tinashe from actually getting the mirror ball are 2 things:  this is Brandon’s first season so he hasn’t had time to build up a longtime fan base and it’s hard for a perceived-ringer to win the whole thing.  This pair are a blast to watch and I may end up being wrong, but it seems like voters like the “transformed into a dancer” story.  Milo and Juan Pablo clearly have lots of dance experience too.  

I wasn’t surprised that Danielle didn’t have enough votes.  I feel callous saying this but I never warmed up to her.  I found it interesting that the show spent some time on how blind she really is, an example of what she can see and how she knows just where to look when people are talking — I am positive they’ve heard rumblings and lots of questions from the Twitterverse or other venues.  

I WAS surprised that John was in jeopardy.

The voting system wonkiness tonight needs some explaining.

I thought Danielle was likable but she didn't look comfortable on stage or in that interview room. Just so far out of her previous experience. People talk about Joe being awkward but I think he is far more comfortable with getting in new situations than she is, and I think she'll be relieved when she thinks about leaving.

On 2018-10-03 at 5:23 PM, ClareWalks said:

I find myself in the sad position of feeling sorry for Grocery Joe. Let me explain. First, I am not a fan of Grocery Joe. I watch every season of The Bachelor/ette and Bachelor in Paradise so I knew who he was, and I have nothing against the guy, but it makes no sense that he would have been picked to do this show. He is probably just here for a paycheck and to show that great smile on TV again. He clearly HATES the dancing and performing aspect. He has no experience with any of this and is so uncomfortable to watch. Then he tries to take his critiques with a smile and EVERY JUDGE AND HOST is bringing up how uncomfortable he looks and how he is "never happy," and I just think it's unnecessary. He clearly already feels vaguely humiliated, there is no need to point out the obvious that he seems upset or seems like he felt as if he danced badly. That said, could/should Joe have said "no" to doing DWTS, absolutely he should have. I just feel a bit of pity for him, which turns this feel-good lighthearted show into a bit of a bummer. Of course his fans won't put him out of his misery, but I wish they would.

I watched him on The Bachelorette (briefly!) and Bachelor in Paradise and i think he's adorable! Has the most beautiful smile. A lot of times the contestants for the main show have been nominated by friends and family members. It sounds as if he has been very successful (and kind of bored) with his past business life and thought, this is a great way to try new things. He definitely won't be a dancer or a performer in any venue, but I guarntee he's made some solid relationships in the entertainment  and sports businesses and that will lead to a new career path. In the meantime, I am charmed. He is 1000x the dancer Master P (?) was, my yardstick of a hideous unhappy dancer that should have been booted the first week. Joe gives me (and lots of women) a lot of joy, so I am fine with him outlasting the first two. Now, he just has to stay over Bobby Boner and I'll be happy.

On 2018-10-03 at 7:04 PM, calipiano81 said:

In 27 seasons, I have only rooted for a handful of male celebs over the years. Mostly because many of them get praise and votes for doing half the quantity and quality of dancing as the talented female celebs.

But these past two weeks, I've been LOVING Milo. He's been dancing his butt off and it's been so exciting for me to watch him and Witney. Even with the posture issue, I though their tango was really well done (and I liked the Celine Dion song) and their Charleston was my favorite dance from Monday night.

Another couple I'm really rooting for are Alexis and Alan. I think she's a beautiful dancer, Alan's been challenging her, and the two of them are really sweet together. I liked both their dances this week, though I would have given the higher score to their salsa.

Milo and Alexis are amazing! I suspect being youthful gives you a huge advantage but...we're not choosing our mirrorball winner over empthy but for merit. So I'm okay with either of them winning.

On 2018-10-03 at 10:46 PM, Mu Shu said:

So you could theoretically vote for Bobby Boner, when the dancer you thought was him was really Jerry the samba guy.  I have really bad vision.  It could happen,

Yeah, although you could pick out the worst dancer jumping all over the stage and have a 99% chance of being correct. (Love the name for him, by the way, I've adopted it!)

On 2018-10-04 at 1:27 PM, bealled said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think Joe is that terrible? He stands out this season cause half the cast came out rocking. I can honestly picture 4 people potentially winning at this point (Milo, Tinashe, Demarcus, Juan Pablo), and that doesn't include Alexis or Evanna who are also doing really well for week 1/2. This season is stacked so Joe sticks out worse than normal. Also they are making them do a lot these first couple weeks. They are having to learn more dances than normal for week 1 and 2. Joe is obviously shy on stage too and I think nerves are also holding him back. I'm sure he feels like crud being one of only 3 or so in the cast to get scores below 8s (seriously they are handing out big scores early this year). No he isn't great, but I think on a different season he would do much better. However, if he doesn't get more comfortable I do think his fans should let him go off gracefully. Think of Mischa Barton; I feel like she had a big fanbase but she looked so uncomfortable and awkward they had to stop voting for her.

Anyway I am mostly rooting for Evanna and Juan Pablo at this point. Milo and Tinashe are great too. There are a lot of solid dancers this season.

I think Danelle was the right one to go. She is really inspiring, but I think having a visual handicap is a lot harder to deal with on this show than any other disabilities we have seen. She still did well for that huge impairment though. I think the live venue was also an adjustment too, as like she said the crowd gets loud and throws her off.

Mary Lou, Bobby or Joe could go next in my opinion. I love Sharna but really dislike Bobby. He is very annoying, and it also seems like Sharna does not like him either.

On 2018-10-04 at 8:50 PM, Bridget said:

I’m just happy that the camera operator finally showed Milo’s mom after he danced! During the west coast broadcasts for the first three shows, I’d hear Tom say “and there’s his mom...” and all I saw were random audience members. The operators are also a wee bit choppy this season as they’re cutting off sections of a couple and the viewers at home are missing part of the routine.

Really? I've noticed Camryn (Milo's mom) pretty much every episode. I used to like her in The Practice and think she looks almost exactly the same. Timeless.

My pick for final four are: Alexis, Milo, Juan Pablo and ???? I'm not sure yet which one I would like included in that final four. Either Demarcus or Evanna.

• Love 1
On 10/6/2018 at 7:22 PM, spanana said:

Yes, that was the season with the voting fiasco where they threw out the online votes because they couldn’t get the system working. I was bitter then, but in retrospect I think Kellie still would have won because she better fits the main demos of this show and Zendaya obviously didn’t even have a quarter of the fame she does now.  Now she would decimate Kellie in votes.

But at the time a lot of the bitterness was also because most of Z’s young fans were going to vote online so I think throwing out the online votes probably did hurt her more than Kellie.

IMO Zendaya’s entire body of work over the course of the season was much stronger and more memorable than Kellie.  But of course thanks to Val botching the freestyle, Kellie’s freestyle was so much stronger.

S16 was IMO kind of the last real season before everything became a supersized troupe ordeal. Plus they still had the regular results show.

I went back and looked at Kellies dances. It made me a little crazy. She was personable but she had no rhythm and could not dance. Derek kept her in hold and played to her one strength of being limber.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, gohawks said:

I went back and looked at Kellies dances. It made me a little crazy. She was personable but she had no rhythm and could not dance. Derek kept her in hold and played to her one strength of being limber.

I thought the opposite. She had an annoying, phony personality but she could dance. Being from the south, I hate it when people overdo the country bumpkin schtick, which she tends to do. That's Bill Engvall's schtick as well, but at least he did it to be funny. 

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 1
On 10/8/2018 at 1:09 AM, gohawks said:

Yes, what I remember (can't be bothered to go back and watch) was that she was very bendy and very light so he would literally pick her up and move her about like a ragdoll.  It was like a repeat of Maria M.'s season - it worked for her, got her to 4th so he pulled the same tricks for Kellie.  IMO Zendaya should have won but IIRC, her fans blasted the website with votes and brought it down, or so it was believed at the time.  But, yes, Val failed miserably with that freestyle.

• Love 1

Hello Bealled. I DO Hope AND Think That Joe Should Go Home Next Monday That IS October 8th ! Joe Did NOT Dance With His Partner ! Danielle Did A Good Job OF Dancing Especially When She Can Not See And She Even Got Away From Her Partner ! Bobby Even Did Some Fox Trot So Bobby IS Getting More Serious Every Time EvenThough He Wasn't AT The Very End ! Jody

• Love 1
On 10/3/2018 at 4:42 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I think it's clear Sharna straight-up hates him. I find it hilarious.

You took the words right out of my mouth! For me, Sharna is the female equivalent of Gleb. Can’t stand her!

• Love 1