Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Could It Be . . . Satan?

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Damn, the man brought back not one but two dead witches that even Miss Cordelia Supreme couldn't pull off and he still has to prove himself bringing back one more? LOL. I mean I know he's evil and I love Misty to death but Michael can easily push back and say 'Let's do the 7 Wonders test first - not that I need to show I'm at Supreme level because say hi to Queenie and Madison! - and then I'll bring Misty back.'

Oh I don't think he would need to prove any more, but Cordelia should use the only real leverage she has to get Misty back! I want my back-swamp Stevie Nicks returned. And her Hell that she is stuck in was particularly sad.

• Love 10

giphy.gif

THis episode....was so.damn.good! I literally was watching every single minute of it. The best episode in YEARS. 

Everyone was on point. We got another crossover with Hotel. My girl Madison was living a very HELLISH life! 

All of this just makes me crave an actual Coven series! Of course it would do best if they set it in its own universe and had completely new characters but keep with this tone and the overall idea!

• Love 3

If it featured BD Wong, Jackson, Porter and Briones, I would be down for a series about The Hawthorne School for Boys.

I just read an interview with Cody Fern. He said that Michael in last night's episode was supposed to be 15 which mean he's 18 in the present day Outpost scenes. Fern is 31.  He could play all three ages convincingly.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, sashayshante said:

If it featured BD Wong, Jackson, Porter and Briones, I would be down for a series about The Hawthorne School for Boys.

I just read an interview with Cody Fern. He said that Michael in last night's episode was supposed to be 15 which mean he's 18 in the present day Outpost scenes. Fern is 31.  He could play all three ages convincingly.

They did a good job making him look like a teen. The scene with him at that table with Kathy bates character he even looked somehow smaller and thinner. Younger looking overall than his look in "present" time. Looked like a teenager.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, sashayshante said:

He looks 30 to me. Definitely not 15!

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

giphy.gif

THis episode....was so.damn.good! I literally was watching every single minute of it. The best episode in YEARS. 

Everyone was on point. We got another crossover with Hotel. My girl Madison was living a very HELLISH life! 

All of this just makes me crave an actual Coven series! Of course it would do best if they set it in its own universe and had completely new characters but keep with this tone and the overall idea!

No offense meant by my statement but do you really like Madison or just kind of find her funny because she is such a bitch? I am not knocking the actress I don't know her from a hole in the ground but the character of Madison acts like a  cartoon stuck up high school girl.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

OT: Since Gwyneth Paltrow married  Brad Falchuk, I wonder if she will show up in AHS in the near future.  It's not like she is real busy making movies these days.

Bite your tongue!

I didn’t watch the names in the opening credits, so when BD Wong walked in I was so excited and screamed BD WONG!!!!!  Good times.  Good episode.

After Cordelia’s speech about how Hotel Cortez was filled with evil and she couldn’t access her (err...) witch powers (??), how can the warlocks doubt that he’s evil?  I mean, of course they will just be drunk with excitement that he’s even MORE POWERFUL than the supreme, but c’mon.

• Love 5

Gabourey does look good. She looks better on Empire, I think - her hair is better - but overall she looks good.

It's funny.  She looks great and Cheyenne Jackson looks not so great.  I'd have to think Cordelia is just going to be terrified now that she has seen what Michael can do.  I mean, if he become Supreme, doesn't that mean she dies? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Stringey said:

No offense meant by my statement but do you really like Madison or just kind of find her funny because she is such a bitch? I am not knocking the actress I don't know her from a hole in the ground but the character of Madison acts like a  cartoon stuck up high school girl.

I find her enjoyable since I like bitchy characters.

• Love 7

Well I guess I’m just not on the same train with everyone else. I thought this was boring - lots of time spent standing, posing and walking dramatically, and blowing the CG budget on rose petals and butterflies. I liked seeing Mr. March, and I enjoyed BD Wong. Madison’s hell was pretty good/awful. The rest of it just lost me entirely. 

• Love 7

I want to be BFFs with BD Wong and Billy Porter. I am so thrilled to have them not only on the same series, but sharing scenes together. They balance each other out.

Like others, I loved seeing Mr.March again and loved Madison's hell. I think this series is a mess anymore, but I adore Murphy's troupe of actors--minus Paulson, but she is least offensive as Cordelia, IMO.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 5

I really liked this episode. A lot. I wonder, though--how enjoyable would it be for someone that just started watching the American Horror Story series? Would it be as much "fun" for someone that couldn't appreciate all those callbacks? Kind of like hanging out as the newbie in a group of old friends--they just keep telling old jokes and swapping in-jokes while the newbie feels awkward and left out.

I really really wish this had been the first episode. What the hell was the point of the other ones? They set up this episode, but I feel like the set up could have been one episode...or the quarter of an episode.

• Love 7

The point of the others was to establish that without intervention, Michael destroys the world. Mind you, I don't entirely disagree with you in that so far I think the first two episodes could have been contained into one....

On 10/4/2018 at 6:59 AM, sashayshante said:

Ugh, I'm sensing the same thing re: Mallory. Of course Murphy would have to take the weakest actor of the season and make her the key to the whole story.  There's obviously something special about her, and we're no doubt going to see a squaring off of good and evil/men and women. Like, we get it. Murphy is an ally. An ally that also gives work to an abuser. He can miss me with his support. The only thing that will save the season for me is if Mallory turns out to be evil somehow and Cordelia and the Witches are defeated. Sorry not sorry, but I hated how smug they were at that council meeting. I think we (meaning women) were supposed to be all "Yaaaassss girl!" during that scene but I thought it made the witches seem insecure and intimidated more than anything else.

Honestly I don't like the whole boys on one side and girls on the other. With the antichrist on the boys side in flashbacks. Stupid.

• Love 2
On 10/4/2018 at 2:24 AM, BeeBop88 said:

OT: Since Gwyneth Paltrow married  Brad Falchuk, I wonder if she will show up in AHS in the near future.  It's not like she is real busy making movies these days.

That better not happen.  She's only an actor because of nepotism, she is talentless and annoying.  

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Etta Place said:

Well I guess I’m just not on the same train with everyone else. I thought this was boring - lots of time spent standing, posing and walking dramatically, and blowing the CG budget on rose petals and butterflies. I liked seeing Mr. March, and I enjoyed BD Wong. Madison’s hell was pretty good/awful. The rest of it just lost me entirely. 

Hahaha. There was a lot of time spent on walking dramatically! That being said, I thought FINALLY we got a good episode this season!!! But it took EIGHT freakin episodes in for the storyline to START?!? This is all just ridiculous. I’d stick with the 5-minute-long slow-motion walk to a dramatic song in this episode if it meant I could get the seven hours of my life back that I spent watching “Big Brother: Outpost” to get us to this point. 

Also put my vote down for liking the scene with Cordelia “witchsplaining” why a boy couldn’t be the Supreme. I thought it was a cool way to flip the social commentary of how ridiculous it is for men to say a woman can’t fill-in-the-blank. Time’s up for the witches in this universe! Is it wrong to be rooting for the spawn of satan? I’m under Michael’s spell!

• Love 5
18 hours ago, sashayshante said:

Oh yeah, I would watch the crap out of that! Honestly, do they expect me to root against Billy Porter and BD Wong? Yeah, your gonna have to do a lot to get me on that bandwagon, Ryan! They were awesome, I am so ready for all of this. I will get on the bandwagon of this being the best episode of the season, and maybe the best episode in a long time! I was surprised to see March and the Hotel get brought in, and that was awesome. Especially March, who is one of my favorite Evan Peters characters. 

Speaking of, dang, you know Michael is for real if March is warning Queenie to beware! Michael is super fascinating, and I am loving the actor. He really does come across as much younger this week, and he is super charismatic in every time line. He is creepy, but also can play sympathetic and likable enough that you can buy that people dont immediately see him as the anti Christ.  

Its great seeing the Coven cast, and expanding its mythology. Zoe as a confident teacher rocking a fabulous pants-suite, Cordelia being in charge, and Myrtle being Myrtle is all kinds of great. I even liked checking in on Queenie, and seeing Madison's version of Hell, even though I was pretty bored of them by the end of their season. Although, I still dont like the boys vs girls stuff. I didnt like it in Coven, and I dont like it here. Like with many Ryan Murphy projects, its hard to tell if its commentary, or just his attempts at being Woke. 

I mean, as much as I like some girl power, Myrtle, Cordelia, and Zoe basically just rolled their eyes at the Warlocks even calling them or bringing this up, and acted ridiculously condescending about even the idea of them being on equal playing field as the women. Being a jerk to people who are lower than you on the social ladder is a dick move, male or female. So, is that the commentary? That any group with unchecked power and another group to lord it over will give into some form of bigotry? Showing how ridiculous it is when men use biology to justify their power over woman? Or is this just the weirdly defined Girl Power 90s feminism that Ryan Murphy needs to indulge in where women are awesome and men suck? Or, its just an excuse for the Warlocks to be desperate enough to ignore the obvious warning signs of this devil child, and instead focusing on them finally getting one up on the witches. I mean, if Cordelia had just met the kid, or spoken with them as equals (even if they really do have less magic than women because of some biological whatever), then maybe they could have could have caught Michael before this whole apocalypse even started. I mean, for someone who says how she cares about witches and warlocks, she apparently was cool with outing them all to the public  without even a text as a heads up, their school was burned to the ground, and now all the boys have to live in a creepy dungeon while the girls keep their pretty mansion. I can kind of see why they're not thrilled with the current system. 

I mean, we all know what an awesome feminist Ryan Muphy is! What kind of self proclaimed feminist wouldn't repeatedly hire a person arrested for abusing another one of your cast members!?

Cheyenne Jackson should clearly wear eyeliner more often. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I mean, for someone who says how she cares about witches and warlocks, she apparently was cool with outing them all to the public  without even a text as a heads up, their school was burned to the ground, and now all the boys have to live in a creepy dungeon while the girls keep their pretty mansion. I can kind of see why they're not thrilled with the current system. 

The warlocks have the power to make their surroundings anything they want them to be. Or anywhere, if they're willing to help the junior students get there. If they want to hang out in a candlelit dungeon, that's their choice. I presume it's supposed to give an air of mysticism, but these days I think most people would just find it odd.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

The warlocks have the power to make their surroundings anything they want them to be. Or anywhere, if they're willing to help the junior students get there. If they want to hang out in a candlelit dungeon, that's their choice. I presume it's supposed to give an air of mysticism, but these days I think most people would just find it odd.

Ariel said people could see inside the house, which was one of the reasons they went underground. That and they were being hunted.

Here's something that has me confused. When doing his incantation, Michael said that he thought he'd killed them all, but one survived. Yet, when he met with Dinah, he knew who she was and Dinah was brought back to life by Cordelia, making her a witch. So, wouldn't that mean 2 survived? Does this mean Mallory is something else in addition to a witch?

• Love 2

I guess I watched a different episode than everyone else, because I thought this was boring. And I find Emma Roberts’ and Gabourey Sidhibe’s acting borderline unwatchable.

I thought Coven was the worst season besides Roanoke. I do love Myrtle, though, and I’d like to see Misty back.

Edited by rubinia
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I mean, we all know what an awesome feminist Ryan Muphy is! What kind of self proclaimed feminist wouldn't repeatedly hire a person arrested for abusing another one of your cast members!?

Not to mention his use of rape as a plot device in almost every season.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Hahaha. There was a lot of time spent on walking dramatically! That being said, I thought FINALLY we got a good episode this season!!! But it took EIGHT freakin episodes in for the storyline to START?!? This is all just ridiculous. I’d stick with the 5-minute-long slow-motion walk to a dramatic song in this episode if it meant I could get the seven hours of my life back that I spent watching “Big Brother: Outpost” to get us to this point. 

This was the fourth episode, not the eighth.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, coppersin said:

This was the fourth episode, not the eighth.

Oh, it just seems like an eternity. Guess the show’s better than i thought if it feels like we’ve been trapped in that outpost for twice as long as we actually have been, lol.

19 hours ago, sashayshante said:

Here's something that has me confused. When doing his incantation, Michael said that he thought he'd killed them all, but one survived. Yet, when he met with Dinah, he knew who she was and Dinah was brought back to life by Cordelia, making her a witch. So, wouldn't that mean 2 survived? Does this mean Mallory is something else in addition to a witch?

I think there's witches and then there's *witches*. It was implied that the important witch revived was Mallory and that Dinah was something of a surprise being there there. We also know that some witches are more powerful than others and Coco and Dinah both were dismissed (by Madison I think) as having pathetic powers. I think the surprise to Michael was Mallory. 

I'm still curious if Cordelia, Madison, and Myrtle are *currently alive* or appearing in the Outpost as part of the nature of Halloween.

I also have some problems with the boy witches etc in that in Coven, the girls school had hardly any students and Cordelia and Fiona both seemed to think the witch genes were dying out but the boys school is packed full of boys....

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 1

I'm curious about Michael's actual age. He's only 7 or 8, right? So when did he age and how quickly? It adds an interesting layer to his personality and motives because even if his mind and body are fully developed, he has less than a decade of actual life experience.

1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

I also have some problems with the boy witches etc in that in Coven, the girls school had hardly any students and Cordelia and Fiona both seemed to think the witch genes were dying out but the boys school is packed full of boys....

IIRC Cordelia went public at the end of Coven. There was a long line of girls outside the house and Kyle was showing some new students to their room. (This is also why the boys' school is now underground, because of people's reactions to her going public.) So it makes sense that boys with powers would start coming out of the woodwork as well.

I suppose you could also fanwank that witches and warlocks would also start sprouting up as a natural response to Michael's birth. In Coven the girls started developing multiple powers and Cordelia (or maybe Myrtle?) mentioned that during times of need their powers would increase. So maybe the birth of the antichrist woke up a bunch of latent powers to combat him?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, coppersin said:

I'm curious about Michael's actual age. He's only 7 or 8, right? So when did he age and how quickly? It adds an interesting layer to his personality and motives because even if his mind and body are fully developed, he has less than a decade of actual life experience.

IIRC Cordelia went public at the end of Coven. There was a long line of girls outside the house and Kyle was showing some new students to their room. (This is also why the boys' school is now underground, because of people's reactions to her going public.) So it makes sense that boys with powers would start coming out of the woodwork as well.

I suppose you could also fanwank that witches and warlocks would also start sprouting up as a natural response to Michael's birth. In Coven the girls started developing multiple powers and Cordelia (or maybe Myrtle?) mentioned that during times of need their powers would increase. So maybe the birth of the antichrist woke up a bunch of latent powers to combat him?

That's my confusion, I hope they explain why he is older than 8 in looks.

• Love 1

The issue with Michael's age was addressed in season one. He was growing at a rapid rate, which is why Vivien went into labor so early. He ages faster because he's the anti-christ. In the interview with Cody Fern, Fern said Michael is both 6yrs old and 15yrs old emotionally because of the rapid aging.

• Love 1

while I was at work I had a thought that would've made the Cortez part even more awesome:

While Cordelia and Queenie are leaving for the first time in the hallway they pass by Sally (whos way too busy on her phone to notice them), Cordy looks back with a "what the hell" expression on her face...

Cmon tell me that would have been great and really easy to shoot with a body double 

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 5
On 10/5/2018 at 11:49 AM, tennisgurl said:

Oh yeah, I would watch the crap out of that! Honestly, do they expect me to root against Billy Porter and BD Wong? Yeah, your gonna have to do a lot to get me on that bandwagon, Ryan! They were awesome, I am so ready for all of this. I will get on the bandwagon of this being the best episode of the season, and maybe the best episode in a long time! I was surprised to see March and the Hotel get brought in, and that was awesome. Especially March, who is one of my favorite Evan Peters characters. 

Speaking of, dang, you know Michael is for real if March is warning Queenie to beware! Michael is super fascinating, and I am loving the actor. He really does come across as much younger this week, and he is super charismatic in every time line. He is creepy, but also can play sympathetic and likable enough that you can buy that people dont immediately see him as the anti Christ.  

Its great seeing the Coven cast, and expanding its mythology. Zoe as a confident teacher rocking a fabulous pants-suite, Cordelia being in charge, and Myrtle being Myrtle is all kinds of great. I even liked checking in on Queenie, and seeing Madison's version of Hell, even though I was pretty bored of them by the end of their season. Although, I still dont like the boys vs girls stuff. I didnt like it in Coven, and I dont like it here. Like with many Ryan Murphy projects, its hard to tell if its commentary, or just his attempts at being Woke. 

I mean, as much as I like some girl power, Myrtle, Cordelia, and Zoe basically just rolled their eyes at the Warlocks even calling them or bringing this up, and acted ridiculously condescending about even the idea of them being on equal playing field as the women. Being a jerk to people who are lower than you on the social ladder is a dick move, male or female. So, is that the commentary? That any group with unchecked power and another group to lord it over will give into some form of bigotry? Showing how ridiculous it is when men use biology to justify their power over woman? Or is this just the weirdly defined Girl Power 90s feminism that Ryan Murphy needs to indulge in where women are awesome and men suck? Or, its just an excuse for the Warlocks to be desperate enough to ignore the obvious warning signs of this devil child, and instead focusing on them finally getting one up on the witches. I mean, if Cordelia had just met the kid, or spoken with them as equals (even if they really do have less magic than women because of some biological whatever), then maybe they could have could have caught Michael before this whole apocalypse even started. I mean, for someone who says how she cares about witches and warlocks, she apparently was cool with outing them all to the public  without even a text as a heads up, their school was burned to the ground, and now all the boys have to live in a creepy dungeon while the girls keep their pretty mansion. I can kind of see why they're not thrilled with the current system. 

Cheyenne Jackson should clearly wear eyeliner more often. 

Is it weird though I like the creepy dungeon more than the house?

Was anyone else surprised that the real human Miss Meade(if that was her human name)was a Satanist or should I have seen that coming? Not surprised after the discovery but I pictured she would have just been a warm understanding nanny or something. Actually what would have been creepier is if she was a normal non Satanist but at some point there would have been another flashback(after she witnesses something Michael does. She perceives as miraculous) where she pledges her alliance to him and his Father. I could have seen her getting on her knees taking his hand saying something  I Hereby Give Thyself and Thy Soul to You for Eternity.  Anyway to me that would have been creepier and more creative. I am not saying that way they wrote human Miss Meade is terrible it's just not super creative. I am fine with it I don't think it's bad or anything.

• Love 2
On 10/6/2018 at 11:29 AM, Rap541 said:

I think there's witches and then there's *witches*. It was implied that the important witch revived was Mallory and that Dinah was something of a surprise being there there. We also know that some witches are more powerful than others and Coco and Dinah both were dismissed (by Madison I think) as having pathetic powers. I think the surprise to Michael was Mallory. 

I'm still curious if Cordelia, Madison, and Myrtle are *currently alive* or appearing in the Outpost as part of the nature of Halloween.

It doesn't particularly surprise me then if the witch genes are endangered, because if the women are universally strong and the men are weak, you can't get strong baby witches from the men's genetically weak-ass sperm.  

On 10/5/2018 at 11:30 AM, Lemons said:

That better not happen.  She's only an actor because of nepotism, she is talentless and annoying.  

I still can't believe she won best actress over Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth. 

Edited by Stuffy
  • Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:34 PM, littlemommy said:

I wonder, though--how enjoyable would it be for someone that just started watching the American Horror Story series?

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. It's the first episode that I have been able to sit through from beginning to end. I have caught random scenes from previous seasons but nothing ever caught my attention enough to sit through - or I was repulsed by the gore - but this one I stumbled onto about 10 minutes into and I did not change channels until the end. In fact it makes me want to watch the next episode. My friend has been trying for years to get me to watch but I have resisted and just relied on Wikipedia summaries or recaps to stay on top of conversations with them. If the rest of this season is like this episode I;m here until the end.

• Love 2
On 10/4/2018 at 6:50 PM, Stringey said:

They did a good job making him look like a teen. The scene with him at that table with Kathy bates character he even looked somehow smaller and thinner. Younger looking overall than his look in "present" time. Looked like a teenager.

For a couple seconds I thought they had a much younger actor to play him as a teenager then realized it was him.  I wonder if we'll find out how he ended up under Kathy Bate's care? 

On 10/6/2018 at 10:29 AM, Rap541 said:

Myrtle being alive in the flashback makes me think they all are currently, and wonder what happened to Zoe and Queenie afterward.

Another thing about the witches dying out, it may have been that those witch hunters from Coven were exclusively targeting women and the boys were flying under their radar.

On 10/4/2018 at 2:15 PM, ClareWalks said:

This episode was a real turning point. Finally, a sensical plot! Hallelujer! Loved the interplay between the seasons. They took my favorite parts of Coven (the personal hells, the witch tests) and brought them back. We got to see March again. I did shake my head a couple times when Cordelia tried just walking out with Queenie, Queenie disappeared, and then Cordelia just kept walking her back down and expecting it to work this time. Durp.

Given the condescending way Cordelia spoke to the warlocks, she was probably arrogant enough to think she was so powerful that she could defeat whatever was preventing her from rescuing Queenie from the hotel. Because even with that failure under her belt, she still refused to even consider giving Michael the final test on the grounds that he was a boy (ptui) and while she claimed it was because she didn't want the kid to die because he couldn't pass the test, she was also very much 'I'm annoyed just having to be here'. OTOH, there's ways where her arrogance makes her smarter than the warlocks, who as mentioned are so desperate to get out from under her and the other witches that they're giving Michael free rein when he almost killed them. Interesting that he seemed both shaken and apologetic after the snow incident, saying he didn't know that much power was within him.

I did like that Queenie rushed right over when Cordelia fainted or collapsed or whatever. Because she did try to save her, even if she's only a ghost, so whatever Michael did that freed her there doesn't seem to be any ill will over the failed rescue.

On 10/6/2018 at 3:18 PM, sashayshante said:

The issue with Michael's age was addressed in season one. He was growing at a rapid rate, which is why Vivien went into labor so early. He ages faster because he's the anti-christ. In the interview with Cody Fern, Fern said Michael is both 6yrs old and 15yrs old emotionally because of the rapid aging.

Ah,  hanvnt seen season one in awhile so forgot they said that.

As far as Michael's powers go, I think he's pulling a Tate. Just like how Ben called Tate on the fake tears and phony remorse in the finale of MH,  I think Michael's well aware of his powers and how dark they run. He's playing vulnerable to get the warlocks to take him in so he can destroy not just the witches, but the warlocks as well. The tape of Michael killing the cop interrogating him and being sent to the warlocka was likely planned by Michael himself, with a little help from Ms. Meade.

As far as Cordelia being alive or dead, I'm voting dead. Michael was sure he killed all the witches. I would think Cordelia would be at the top of that list. Her still being alive wouldn't go unnoticed. Plus she says the fate of the world depends on what she does next. Welp, that's a flashback from before the bomb and the world was destroyed so...

Unless they're intentionally misleading the audience with red herrings, it appears we can expect a showdown between Michael and Mallory. This does not please me.

Edited by sashayshante
  • Love 2
On 10/5/2018 at 7:31 PM, rubinia said:

I guess I watched a different episode than everyone else, because I thought this was boring. And I find Emma Roberts’ and Gabourey Sidhibe’s acting borderline unwatchable.

I thought Coven was the worst season besides Roanoke. I do love Myrtle, though, and I’d like to see Misty back.

Just a virtual high-five from someone who really, really wants to like this season but can't get into it.  I am all in for the diversity of this year's cast but the acting has been bad and the dialog is really poorly written.  It's gone beyond campy, beyond cheesy to just full on cornball.  The whole witch/warlock - women/men thing is just way too on-the-nose to say anything interesting about that power dynamic.  So far this is my least favorite season yet everyone else seems to be eating it up!  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sashayshante said:

As far as Cordelia being alive or dead, I'm voting dead. Michael was sure he killed all the witches. I would think Cordelia would be at the top of that list. Her still being alive wouldn't go unnoticed.

I know I posited that Cordelia was dead earlier but.... if she's dead now and is resurrecting witches on Halloween then why couldn't she resurrect herself?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sashayshante said:

As far as Cordelia being alive or dead, I'm voting dead. Michael was sure he killed all the witches. I would think Cordelia would be at the top of that list. Her still being alive wouldn't go unnoticed. Plus she says the fate of the world depends on what she does next. Welp, that's a flashback from before the bomb and the world was destroyed so...

Is there a possibility that Ms. Venable was a descendant of Cordelia's? It seems pointless for Michael to have Meade shoot her otherwise, since as we saw in this episode he's quite willing to use his powers to kill. He wiped out almost everyone at the Outpost just to kill Mallory, IMO, but why not direct Venable to eat one of the apples herself or flick his hand at her and break her neck unstead of resorting to mortal means?

50 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Is there a possibility that Ms. Venable was a descendant of Cordelia's?

Cordelia couldn't have children so no. Also Cordelia and Venable are adults in mostly the same time frame - Coven was 2014, this season is "a few years in the future" with Cordelia looking just a few years older so I dont know how Venable could be a descendant of Cordelia.

An aside - I am intrigued at times how Sarah Paulson pulls off looking old and looking young. I will say, sometimes less is more with her but she is a good actress

• Love 2
4 hours ago, sashayshante said:

As far as Michael's powers go, I think he's pulling a Tate. Just like how Ben called Tate on the fake tears and phony remorse in the finale of MH,  I think Michael's well aware of his powers and how dark they run. He's playing vulnerable to get the warlocks to take him in so he can destroy not just the witches, but the warlocks as well. The tape of Michael killing the cop interrogating him and being sent to the warlocka was likely planned by Michael himself, with a little help from Ms. Meade.

I agree that Michael is playing coy with the teachers. He knew what he was doing when he killed the butcher and the policeman who tried to stop him from leaving the station with the headmaster. I would hope that Cheyenne Jackson's character is cautious enough to at least try to prepare some countermeasures, however ineffectual they turn out to be.

I would like to know why those manwitch students weren't wearing socks.

• Love 1
On 10/8/2018 at 8:17 AM, gunderda said:

For a couple seconds I thought they had a much younger actor to play him as a teenager then realized it was him.  I wonder if we'll find out how he ended up under Kathy Bate's care? 

I am guessing we might get this info hopefully in the episode where we return to the Harmons. A flashback episode presumably. Jessica Lange is supposed to return for a episode.

Madison's hell was pretty hilarious.

Give me more Queenie.  It was funny watching her pass the time playing cards with James March in complete boredom.  And then telling Madison how she tried to talk Langdon out of rescuing her.

It was fun seeing the Coven house again with the theme music, as well as Taisa Farmiga.

B.D. Wong, yes!  Although this role isn't as much fun as his stint on Gotham, he is just great in anything he does.

I was hating on this season after the first two episodes, but this 180 in the past two shows has me liking it and wanting more.

• Love 1

I don't see how Michael could possibly have killed every witch in the world in just four years, and it's hard to believe he thought the Supreme was dead if she wasn't, so I think it's likely he meant something aside from just witches when he said he thought he got "them" all. Maybe just the ones he perceived as a genuine threat to his own power, until he met Mallory.

• Love 1