Type keyword(s) to search

Animaniacs - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I will be happy with almost anything they do, having loved the original version on KidsWB. It was a big part of my Saturday morning growing up. Here is some of what I hope to see in the new version:

• Brain trying to use social media to take over the world.
  • Wakko, Yakko, and Dot getting kicked out of a collab house or crashing a party for social media influencers.
  • Slappy Squirrel getting new fans because her work is now on a streaming service.
  • Skippy Squirrel trying to become a YouTube celebrity.
  • Wakko, Yakko, and Dot running amok in a prestige premium cable or streaming drama.
  • Wakko, Yakko, and Dot pitching multiple series to a new/struggling streaming service desperate for content.
  • Goodfeathers dealing with gentrification.

What do you want to see? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sarah 103 said:

Skippy Squirrel trying to become a YouTube celebrity.

Slappy:   Let me get this straight, Skippy.   You're reviewing someone who's reviewing someone who's reviewing a movie.

Skippy:   Yeeessss.

Slappy:   That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Hete is the AV Club's review of the 10 Zaniest Episodes of Original Recipe Animaniacs. I'm not sure if I agree with the selections, (No "King Yakko" or "Les Miseranimals"?) but I thought the comparison if the WB Kids episodes to the later seasons of Family Guy was valid. I would have appreciated more discussion about the inconsistent quality of the non-Warner cast, but I guess that would have made the article too long.

On 6/18/2017 at 1:48 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

Your're all forgetting what's probably the most risqué thing ever said on this show—which is saying something—from the episode Slappy Goes Walnuts. Slappy throws in a video tape on walnuts for her nephew, on which the narrator makes the following comment, regarding a squirrels: "This little fellow likes to make his home of the hollow of an old oak tree. The squirrel likes to hide his nuts in many odd places, most of them where the sun doesn't shine." I did a spit take that would have made Slappy proud.

I don't know. I almost fell off the couch at the Finger Prince bit. 

• Love 2

Just saw the first episode.  Oh, my God, that Seth Meyers bit on Pinky and the Brain was savage!

I was also shocked by the "blink and you'll miss it" Oldboy reference.

Still miss Slappy though

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 3

Watched the first episode tonight and grinned like a crazy person through the opening credits song.  The catch-up song was equal parts laugh and cringe.  The factory farmed chickens and Russian bot can-can line!

The Hulu original music sounds like it's one note off the Dell commercial music.

• Love 3

I loved the “Catch Up Song”, “Reboot It”, and Dot’s First Ladies Song. The Warners wasted no time firing shots, and it was fantastic!

Pinky and the Brain are back and better than ever! I do miss the others though. Sloppy would’ve been perfect to throw some shade.

So happy they still have those adult jokes now that I’m old enough to get them!

• Love 2

I loved the hunter episode where it turned to be Chicken Boo out for revenge because the Warner’s didn’t want him in the reboot. Wow, he really got better at disguising himself lol.

I was horrified when it seemed that the old characters were stuffed and mounted on the wall but thank God they were just in suspended animation.

• Love 1

I love being old enough to finally get all of the references this time around! I am two episodes in and they are really hitting the ground hard, they are just killing these jokes, I almost forgot how savage this show could be. "The only reason a face this smarmy is allowed on television is because no one's watching anyway!" "Quick, before one of the Jimmy's gets him!" 

I do miss the other segments though. 

• Love 2

I've had Rob Paulsen's memoir sitting on my mountain of books for ages and I finally had time to read it. It's a short easy read so if you're an Animaniacs fan, it's worth spending a few hours reading his life story. There are some good behind the scenes tidbits and anecdotes from his decades in the industry.

• Useful 1