Type keyword(s) to search

Animaniacs - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It's hard to believe how many "adult" jokes they made that easily went over our heads as children.

I loved it when the sibs spoofed Star Wars and all those Disney movies -- I guess they could do it without getting sued back then. My favorite was "Cutie and the Beast" one, with Dot repeatedly flubbing her "Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fana Fo Besca the Third" line in the opening. Hey, I remembered it!

• Love 1

Will Spielberg be involved again? I'm in! I started missing church to stay home and catch this series on Sunday morning. The Warner kids reenacting scenes from Warner classics, Tom Snyder "interviewing" the Pope (while not letting the Pontif get in a word -- dead on!), Ricardo Montalban himself giving the Khan rant to people who had no idea what he was talking about. Priceless. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Twilight Man said:

Are you pondering what I'm pondering??

I think so, but this time, "YOU" put the trousers on the chimp.

God, I loved that bit.  Here's a few more classics:

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, but where will we find an open tattoo parlor at this time of night?"

"Wuh, I think so, Brain, but isn't Regis Philbin already married?"

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Pinky?"
Uh... yeah, Brain, but where are we going to find rubber pants our size?"

"Uh, I think so Brain, but this time, you wear the tutu.

• Love 4
(edited)

@Spartan Girl Spoof/parody is protected by fair use, which is why there was such a low risk of a law suit.

I loved Dot. I spent what seemed like a large sum of money (in reality it was around $10) for a stuffed Dot at an arcade. I kept playing Ski Ball until I had enough tickets for it. What I loved about Dot was that she didn't have to hide the fact that she was a girl, but she was still included in all of their adventures. It was a given that Dot was going to be part of whatever her brothers were doing. 

Edited by Sarah 103
  • Love 6

As a kid, I liked Skippy. I thought he was cute and funny. Watching the series again as an adult, I like Slappy because I get just about everything that she is referencing and represents. 

• Love 1

Songs were a big part of this show. One of the first cassettes I bought with my own money was the Animaniacs soundtrack. I liked "I Am The Very Model Of A Cartoon Individual," "Yakko's Universe," "Video Revue," "I'm Cute" and many others. Did anyone else have a copy of the soundtrack? What songs were memorable/favorites?

• Love 3

An episode that still cracks me up to this day is when Dr. Scratch N'sniff was giving his history and explained when he first met them. The line with Dot: "Dot, may I call you Dot?" Dot: "Sure, but if you call me Dotty, I'll kill you!" Small silence: "Yes, umm..."

• Love 1

I love the Sisko and Ebert spoof episode where Slappy went ballistic on the fact that they didn't find her funny and time had not been good to her. I remember her going to Roger Ebert: "Would you like buttery artificial topping with your popcorn?" Roger: "Sure, what's it made out of?" Slappy: "It's made out of lard, like the kind of life o sucking from you right now!" 

• Love 4

"I think so Brain, but culottes tend to ride up so!"

"I think so Brain, but without ears, we'd look like weasels!"

• Love 3

This makes me so happy, I hope it happens and that it is as faboo as the first go was.

"Are we clear?"
"No, we're opaque. (*snaps fingers, Warner siblings become clear*) Now we're clear!"

"Coffee? Tea? Monster?"

• Love 1

I love how even though the Warners made it their life mission to drive everyone insane, they had a sort of code of honor. For example, in The Sound of Music spoof, even though their new nanny was so annoying, they couldn't bring themselves to bonk her over the head or anything because she was actually nice to them. But if if someone insulted them, all bets were off.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Screw it, there are too many. I'm just gonna leave this:

Thank you so much for this! Best way to start my morning :)

• Love 1

This is the first I'm hearing about a reboot.  I'm super excited and scared, and this is from someone whon usually  rolls her eyes at people who are all "they've ruined my childhood!" about remakes and reboots. Now I have to watch all three volumes of the DVDs to get ready (Vol. 3 is my favorite)!

• Love 2
(edited)

I had their 3 cassettes. My favorites to this day remain: 

Wakko's America

The Monkey Song 

The Presidents

A Quake! A Quake!

There is Only One of You

Lake Titicaca 

(Wakko's America and The Presidents helped me remember our capital cities and our past presidents better than any method in school. At one of the trivia nights I went to, there was a question about a past president and I was actually singing the song aloud to go through them in order! Which actually worked. Also in my favorite version of the Presidents - I think there's 2 different ones - it has them singing that the current president at the time was Clinton, first name Hilary. Haha!)

I'm also not ashamed to say I own all the episodes on DVD. Once my nephew is old enough, maybe he'll enjoy their humor. 

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie

I am almost positive that at some point in my schooling I passed a state capitals test from Wakko's America. I still use it to help me remember all the states.

Also, I want to know how they would update The President Song for this modern day.

• Love 2

From two years ago, Doug (Nostalgia Critic) Walker interviews Sherri (Slappy Squirrel) Stoner and Nathan (Skippy Squirrel) Ruegger,

along with Tom Ruegger (writer and co-producer of Animaniacs, along with Tiny Toons and Pinky and The Brain), and Nathan's father.

John P. McCann (writer involved with Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Pinky and The Brain, and Freakazoid),

and Paul Rugg (The voice of "Mr. Director" (Jerry Lewis) and the voice of Freakazoid)

• Love 1

Potty Emergency was great.  My favorite Warners was Chairman of the Bored with Ben Stein and how he met Bob Barker eating a bologna and cheeseball sandwich.  My family and I still quote that one today.

King Yakko is also classic.  Perry Como's National Anthem for Anvilania kills me every time.

• Love 3

I loved the Slappy cartoons.  Bumbie's Mom was great.  I also like I Got Yer Can, where Slappy makes that chipmunk go Shining levels of crazy.

Anytime she faced off against Walter wolf was great as well.

Your're all forgetting what's probably the most risqué thing ever said on this show—which is saying something—from the episode Slappy Goes Walnuts. Slappy throws in a video tape on walnuts for her nephew, on which the narrator makes the following comment, regarding a squirrels: "This little fellow likes to make his home of the hollow of an old oak tree. The squirrel likes to hide his nuts in many odd places, most of them where the sun doesn't shine." I did a spit take that would have made Slappy proud.

• Love 1
On 6/13/2017 at 8:30 PM, Destiny74 said:

Bumbi's Mom is my favorite.

Everything about that cartoon was perfection, especially Skippy crying at the drop of a hat, Slappy demonstrating that cartoons can't be killed on an unfortunate cartoon dog, the Warner Siblings popping up then leaving and Slappy going "Well, that was pointless" and, of course, the ending.  That ending was one delicious cherry on top.

• Love 4
On 6/16/2017 at 11:51 PM, BabyVegas said:

Also, I want to know how they would update The President Song for this modern day.

How about an updated verse of Yakko's World?

• Love 7

Rob Paulsen and Randy Rogel are doing an Animaniacs in Concert show and it's awesome! They sang lots of favorites including I'm Cute, The Planets, A Quake! A Quake!, Variety Speak, I'm Mad, Hello Nurse, Noel, and Several Drops of Rain. They sang two songs from Histeria (That's the Story That's Told By the Bard and Stabbed in the Back). They also sang the original version of L.A. Dot (which was LaDot) plus Yakko's World and an updated version with new countries that didn't exist in 1994.

Jean MacCurdy (who was the Warner Bros. Animation President at the time that the show aired) was in the audience too.

• Love 4