Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Welcome to the Family

druzy
  • Start Topic

Bristol returns home after a weekend away and has a heated argument with her husband.

Cheyenne and Cory close co-parenting relationship causes issues with Cheyenne’s boyfriend Zach.

Amber welcomes her son James.

Airs October 1, 2018 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, druzy said:

I'm not familiar with Cory's appearances on Are You the One or The Challenge but he is easy on the eyes. 

It's really weird for me to watch him coparent a baby with a new girl I've never seen. I've never seen him on the challenge but I watched him all the way back in 2014 when he was on The Real World: Ex-plosion and he spent the whole time having shower sex with a bleached blonde girl and then when they brought in his ex-girlfriend to live with them he got back together with her with very little fighting. It's bizarre to think that almost 5 years later he's still dipping his dick in the MTV reality show pool and now has a child to show for it. He is cute, but he does seem like a sleazy noncommittal player. His absolute devotion to Ryder is adorable though.

Bristol is who Farrah envisions herself to be in her mind's eye, if that makes sense. She's like a more composed, stable Farrah.

Cheyenne, in spite of getting pregnant as a certified adult, is very immature and annoying.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

why on earth would Bristol sign up for this show when her husband is quite clearly not well. The last thing they needed in their lives was a TV crew following them around.

I wondered that too. What a mess that relationship was.

I imagine she needed the world to see that trainwreck, lest we make up our own rumors that put her in a bad light unfairly. 

• Love 9

I have become so bored with Maci, Cate, Amber that it’s really refreshing seeing new people and new stories. The old 3 just have nothing new going on and I fast fwd thru a lot of their segments.  I think Chey and Bristol have some interesting drama going on. I hope Dakota gets ongoing therapy for his ptsd. That’s very real and very difficult for them to live with.  I think Cory is just a dirty dog but he seems to be making strong efforts with his daughter, that’s sweet to see.  Chey is extremely pretty, in fact Bristol is very pretty too.  Yeah, I like pretty people and babies on my tv, so what?

Edited by CalicoskiesNC
  • Love 18

Catelyn has got to be the biggest slug of all time..,, this chick wants no part of the real world .... hey guess what Cate life is hard and we don’t get that MTV check to fall back on and you still can’t cope ... I wish Tyler would just get rid of her but he’s as big of a tool as good ol cate the snail 

Edited by FrankieTankie
  • Love 15

Amber and Matt changed their baby on the kitchen counter. That was gross. Maybe Leah would want to come around more if her nicknames weren't so repulsive.

Is Bristol's husband getting treatment? Anxiety and depression can make people seem like whiny, self centered jerks. He needs help quick because the look on her face looks like she's done. Why she had two kids with him, it's not clear.

I weirdly miss Ryan's cranky, sour puss wife.

Cate wants to stay up all night watching movies. Me too, Cate, but alas...

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 17

Damn it! I passed out by the time Dr. Phil came on and woke up at the very end. Oh well it’s no Teen Mom2. 

Weird seeing Cory! Never saw his GF but she’s pretty so I guess he quit banging the blond. Only once though?!!! I don’t know if I believe they were a one and done 

• Love 3

I never get to finish an episode for a few days.  I work nights and take two naps during the days when I could get some TV watching in.  (when my daughter naps and for a few hours when my kids are in bed)  I look forward to watching the rest of the episode and seeing how they work in new people.  I have watched all of Cory except Are You The One? and I find him so annoying.  He'll be riding the MTV paycheck bandwagon similarily to Catelyn I think.  Not making any motions to exist in reality.   

Maci and Tyler's initial scene was so scripted.  I know most of hers are but do they have to be so painfully obvious?  

"Tyler you tell Maci about the threat you received. Maci then you ask Tyler why.....then be shocked when he tells you, because you wouldn't have already had this discussion".   

Now the shows are just us reading their Twitter and Instagram arguments and following along.

Edited by IDreamofJoaquin
  • Love 8

I don't care about Cheyenne or her story.  I did something else during her segments.

I was very happy to see Tyler and his mom admit that they are losing empathy for Catelynn.  Join the club, hop on board!

I was grateful to be spared Ryan and Mackenzie.  The fact that Ryan threatened to come shoot up Maci and Taylor's home is messed up. 

Why is this episode called Season 7 Episode 19?  It seems like a new season starting up to me. 

• Love 17

I find Cheyenne to fluctuate between boring and annoying so I ended up fast forwarding most of her segments.  I was actually interested in Bristol's storyline and am sad she and her husband couldn't work it out.  I feel like that was a great story to be told because of how many soldiers do suffer from PTSD and how hard it is for so many of us civilians to truly understand what they are going trough.  LOL at Farrah thinking Bristol wants to be like her.  No, honey. I'm pretty sure no one who is even slightly, remotely successful at life has any interest in being like Farrah.  Most people would rather get along with their family, actually have friends, and not be seen as a dirty skank by most people with whom they come in contact.

Amber is still ugh. I predict 6 more months before she is over parenting the new baby. Here's hoping NuMatt is as good a dad as Gary.

Ryan needs to get his stuff together.

Catelynn and Tyler are so dysfunctional.  And how old is Nova?  Shouldn't she either be able to speak more clearly now or be in speech therapy? I know my daughter was getting speech therapy when she was 2 and she spoke more clearly than Nova. I'm not saying she needs to be able to recite Shakespeare, but we need to be able to understand her. 

• Love 18

The Cheyenne and Bristol segments were just repeats of what was on the "Meet the Moms" special. There might have been a few differences, but mostly it was edited to fit.  

Observations:  

I ff'd through Cheyenne, but her baby is soooooo cute!  

The Palin girls are very pretty.

I, too, am happy to see that Kim can say what she's wanted to say all along: she's lost empathy for Catelynn.  Come join us, Kim!  

Please tell me we'll see Tyler writing and reciting his "poetry".

Maci is probably best served with the addition of two new moms. She doesn't really have a story line that doesn't hinge on Ryan's mess of a life, so the less screen time allotted for her the better.  We can watch her play with her kids for her allotted 10 minutes of show time each week. 

And Maci stop thinking you have  to give Ryan a chance "to be a dad."  That ship sailed a looooong time ago.  "Being a dad" means more than just going to his baseball games.  Just call him your sperm donor and be done with it!  He will never be a good dad to Bentley, nor does he want to be.

Why did we have to see the Amber diaper changing from the front?  I do not need to see a poop filled diaper!

Amber will lose interest in James when he starts to crawl.  Once he can move on his own and get into things, she'll whine about how hard it is to be a mom.  Guaranteed!

Thirsty sponges of the week: Jen and Larry.  I know they are essentially stand-ins for Ryan, but they wont talk about anything!  I cannot see a reason to have them on the show

Also, Cheyenne should not be on this show.

Edited by Marisagf
  • Love 13

The maci thing bugs me, like no maci you have no reason to keep letting him be a dad to Bentley when he’s threatening to shoot your husband and house up where Bentley lives.. why does every body baby Ryan maybe if he had to be accountable for his actions he’d change but he never will, his mom is an enabler and she’s slowly teaching his dad to enable as well...

bristol is gonna end being hated by the teen moms she’s to opinionated and outgoing to easily mesh with them... Caitlyn seemed very uncomfortable being on stage with the two new girls, I think she has an opinion about them being added but is biting her tounge... they put her up there because she’s the nicest of the girls as far as getting along with others. When Bristol said I’ve always worked and struggled this whole time, and was looking at Caitlyn, caitlyn just kinda looked away because she can’t relate, caitlyn has never worked.. lol I was like wow I see some shit brewing, wait till Bristol and amber are in the same room it’ll be a Brianna and Kail all over again.. 

Cheyene is as immature as it gets like someone said she’s just blahhhh no interest 

oh and another thought Bristol probably did this show so she could dump her husband , soon as the check was coming in from mtv she dumped him, she’s probably stayed for financial reasons

Edited by Mainer
  • Love 4

Tyler has an Honest moment and says he finds Catelyns lying around & laziness repulsive....so what does he do?  Knocks her up so he’ll have to take care of 2 kids and whatever else they have going  on.  Is the MTV money worth your LIFE & HAPPINESS dude???? He WILL regret wasting all these years one day.  Tyler should set himself free and just be a single dad on TM

* Tyler’s mom said she’ll go away for 6 wks ~ She’s been away for mental help more than once right ? Does Cate ever apply what she learned in rehab, use any of the suggestions for overcoming bouts of anxiety / depression?  If at least your partner seemed to make the effort to get well , i can see why Tyler & mom are totally over it / her. 

Edited by DNR
Extra words
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, DNR said:

Tyler has an Honest moment and says he finds Catelyns lying around & laziness repulsive....so what does he do?  Knocks her up so he’ll have to take care of 2 kids and whatever else they have going  on.  Is the MTV money worth your LIFE & HAPPINESS dude???? He WILL regret wasting all these years one day.  Tyler should set himself free and just be a single dad on TM

Your right, if Gary can do it so can he. Gary’s girls is great! And he’s happy

• Love 6

Bristol Meyers husband is a Medal of Honor recipient. From Wikipedia:

"On 8 September 2009, near the village of Ganjgal, Meyer learned that three Marines and a Navy corpsman, who were members of Meyer's squad and his friends, were missing after being ambushed by a group of insurgents. Under enemy fire, Meyer entered an area known to be inhabited by insurgents and eventually found the four missing servicemen dead and stripped of their weapons, body armor and radios. There he saw a Taliban fighter trying to take the bodies. The fighter tackled Meyer, and after a brief scuffle, Meyer grabbed a baseball-sized rock and beat the fighter to death.[8] With the help of Afghan soldiers, he moved the bodies to a safer area where they could be extracted.[9] During his search, Meyer "personally evacuated 12 friendly wounded and provided cover for another 24 Marines and soldiers to escape likely death at the hands of a numerically superior and determined foe."

Bristol, on the other hand (from the Daily Mail): "Bristol Palin allegedly slammed her ex Dakota Meyer and suggested he was not deserving of his Medal of Honor in texts posted by the marine. In the exchange Palin writes that Meyer is a 'coward' and a 'b****' before suggesting he was not deserving of his Medal of Honor. 'He's no hero. He didn't do that s***. He's a b****,' wrote Palin according to Meyer, who said the exchange was with a man that his ex-wife had never even met in person."

I wonder if Bristol's brother Track Palin and his struggles with PTSD will be mentioned?

• Love 10

I don't think I can watch this show anymore. They should have ended it after Farrah left, instead of adding on more moms. It's obvious that Catelynn and Tyler only stay together for the MTV paycheck hoping the show won't end. Really poor decision on their part to have another baby, that Tyler will end up having to raise.

• Love 17

I had read that Dakota didn't want to do the show, then realized he needs to show what soldiers are going through with PTSD.  I can't even imagine what these service members are dealing with coming home from war.  Makes Cate and Jenelle's bitching about having PTSD seem embarrassingly ridiculous.  It's heartbreaking and I feel for the family that has to learn to deal with it too.  I hope everyone involved gets therapy.  Tripp seems like a sweet kid, very soft spoken.

The Palin girls all turned out so pretty.  I get a kick out of seeing Piper because all I remember is her being about 8 and holding her baby brother during a speech of her moms and licking her palm to brush the babies hair down.

Cheyenne doesn't interest me at all.  Her baby is stinking adorable so if they could leave out the drama and family and just fill her whole segments with her baby, I'm good. 

I can't deal with Cate and her depression laced slug of self.  She puts so much on Tyler.  She thinks she can just check out of life when she feels like it and leave the responsibilities on Tyler. I see no bond between Nova and Cate. These people are the last ones that need another baby.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, TresGatos said:

Bristol, on the other hand (from the Daily Mail): "Bristol Palin allegedly slammed her ex Dakota Meyer and suggested he was not deserving of his Medal of Honor in texts posted by the marine. In the exchange Palin writes that Meyer is a 'coward' and a 'b****' before suggesting he was not deserving of his Medal of Honor. 'He's no hero. He didn't do that s***. He's a b****,' wrote Palin according to Meyer, who said the exchange was with a man that his ex-wife had never even met in person."

Bristol is trash, ya'll.

That's all.

• Love 24

Catelynn gave up Carly to keep Tyler and that is the hard truth and she is refusing to accept that.  10 years later Tyler has had enough...it is so obvious he wants out. Getting pregnant is just delaying the inevitable...eventually Tyler is going to leave and Catelynn has to accept that... I hope all that therapy is preparing your for that moment.

• Love 19

I think I have outgrown this show.  I watched Bristol's part and Tyler's.  I ffd the rest.  I can't listen to any more of Amber fake crying.  Or Maci and the reenactments.  That was obvious! Hey, Ryan said ge was gonna come shoot the house up , let's sit calmly by the pool.   Yeah, right. 

Bristol is very pretty and seems classy and miles ahead of Cate and Amber.  

Too weird to see Corey, Nelson and another ayto dude here.  

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

There's a lot of irony in all of it.  She gave up Carly because Tyler said they wouldn't stay together if they kept the baby (a fact that has a lot of evidence to back it up). So she placed Carly for adoption which gave Tyler and Cate and interesting story so they made it to Teen Mom.  Because they were on Teen Mom, they had the money to take care of the child had they kept her and the incentive for Tyler to stick around (being the fame whore he is).  So, in her mind, she could have kept Carly.  However, had she kept Carly, odds are good that they wouldn't have been selected for Teen Mom so she wouldn't have had the money to take care of Carly nor the incentive for Tyler to stick around.  As is, I'm confident that once the show ends, Tyler will be gone anyway.

This is basically a summary of Cate's last decade and the growing delusion that they could've kept Carly and shared their current married life and financial stability with her will continue to feed her downward spiral into depression and further corrode her already tense, bitter relationship with Brandon and Theresa.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, TresGatos said:

Bristol Meyers husband is a Medal of Honor recipient. From Wikipedia:

"On 8 September 2009, near the village of Ganjgal, Meyer learned that three Marines and a Navy corpsman, who were members of Meyer's squad and his friends, were missing after being ambushed by a group of insurgents. Under enemy fire, Meyer entered an area known to be inhabited by insurgents and eventually found the four missing servicemen dead and stripped of their weapons, body armor and radios. There he saw a Taliban fighter trying to take the bodies. The fighter tackled Meyer, and after a brief scuffle, Meyer grabbed a baseball-sized rock and beat the fighter to death.[8] With the help of Afghan soldiers, he moved the bodies to a safer area where they could be extracted.[9] During his search, Meyer "personally evacuated 12 friendly wounded and provided cover for another 24 Marines and soldiers to escape likely death at the hands of a numerically superior and determined foe."

I wonder if Bristol's brother Track Palin and his struggles with PTSD will be mentioned?

I’m gonna say he’s not doing so great.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/track-palin-accused-hitting-woman-head-refusing-let-her-leave-n915731

• Love 7

I imagine Brandon and Theresa watching episodes and inwardly cringing at poor Nova's "live",  seeing what could have been their lovely daughters life had they not rescued her. The comparison at the same age with little Carly with combed shiny hair, pretty little dress and shoes and socks on; able to speak properly and not obsessed with None-mom's neglect is sad. Plus all the dogs around and Nova playing with dog-poop, probably has worms, teeth looking ready to fall out....I wonder when she is older, if she can talk, if she will cry at the next meeting with Carly and beg Thersa to be her Mommy.

I wonder if any of you, like me, pray for these poor babies,especially little Kaiser and Nova...

• Love 10
6 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Catelynn and Tyler are so dysfunctional.  And how old is Nova?  Shouldn't she either be able to speak more clearly now or be in speech therapy? I know my daughter was getting speech therapy when she was 2 and she spoke more clearly than Nova. I'm not saying she needs to be able to recite Shakespeare, but we need to be able to understand her. 

I didn't watch so I don't know what Nova's speech was like exactly, but I was hanging with my 2 year old godson this weekend and sometimes its "gibberish gibberish cat dog elephant cow gibberish gibberish", and then sometimes its full on thoughts "I want to get down" etc.

• Love 3

I've been trying to shake myself loose from these damn shows for so long, ever since their kids got old enough to know what's going on. I feel like me watching is the same as validating their stupid behavior; it's the same as putting money in their pockets. I absolutely can't condone putting money in Jenelle's pocket anymore, especially after that "road rage" incident. I have to do the same with this show cuz I won't reward attention whores with more attention, not to mention money. I wish I lived in a world where I didn't have to even know the Palins exist, and I'm sure not going to watch a fake soap opera about their problems. I can find out when Ryan relapses and when Catelynn goes back to 'rehab' by reading this forum. You guys are a hell of a lot more entertaining anyhow. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:
3 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Catelynn gave up Carly to keep Tyler and that is the hard truth and she is refusing to accept that.  10 years later Tyler has had enough...it is so obvious he wants out. Getting pregnant is just delaying the inevitable...eventually Tyler is going to leave and Catelynn has to accept that... I hope all that therapy is preparing your for that moment.

There's a lot of irony in all of it.  She gave up Carly because Tyler said they wouldn't stay together if they kept the baby (a fact that has a lot of evidence to back it up). So she placed Carly for adoption which gave Tyler and Cate and interesting story so they made it to Teen Mom.  Because they were on Teen Mom, they had the money to take care of the child had they kept her and the incentive for Tyler to stick around (being the fame whore he is).  So, in her mind, she could have kept Carly.  However, had she kept Carly, odds are good that they wouldn't have been selected for Teen Mom so she wouldn't have had the money to take care of Carly nor the incentive for Tyler to stick around.  As is, I'm confident that once the show ends, Tyler will be gone anyway.  No matter what happens, I maintain that the best thing Catelynn and Tyler ever did was give Carly to Brandon and Theresa.  They could have millions of dollars but without the mental and emotional ability to take care of a child, they would have always been crappy parents. At least she is with a stable, loving family

I agree, so in a sense she gave up Carly for Tyler, but also for a paycheck, and she won’t admit to Tyler that she blames him, so every time he asks she says it’s my childhood trauma , like how many times can you beat a dead horse?? Okay so she grew up with an alcoholic mother and witnessed domestic abuse, so she basically fits in with about half the world?? But her therapy is never gonna Work if she’s holding this secret.. the secrets keep you sick.  My heart breaks for Nova when she asks for mommy, and says I want you to come home, that poor innocent child has no idea why her mother is checked out, it’s selfish and hard to even watch. Nova is paying the price for her choice to give Carly up.. she could’ve kept Carly her child over Tyler... I don’t think he would’ve left over the child even tho he might have said that.  I don’t know what would possibly make this man leave at this point, seems like she could do anything and he’d still be there. But he’s used relationships being one let done after the next, that sums up his relationship with butch 

@MyPeopleAreNordic AGREED TIMES TEN!! She does need a job I’ve always thought that’s the reason she’s depressed from sitting home! An idol mind is the devils playground!

Edited by Mainer
  • Love 8

Okay the new editions are better than I expected. 

Firstly Cheyenne has always been very boring and low energy. When I heard she was going to be on this season, I hoped Cory would be featured cause he's definitely the fun/more animated half of them. Good to see MTV has recognized that. He and his antics will keep her segments interesting. Cheyenne herself? Yawwwnnnn.

And then Bristol and Dakota. Hot damn the tension is strong! I find her to be very cold, and insensitive to his history and diagnosis. Not everyone can or wants to be in a relationship with someone who has PTSD, however, she made that decision going into the relationship, so she should improve her level of empathy for her husband. She seems so fake and trying to put on a false pretense about her life, just like her mom. 

Lastly, when the producer was talking to Andrew about his relationship 'status' with Amber, it was like pulling teeth for him to try to say something nice! Wow, the look on his face, the body language, struggling with words to express their supposed happiness, was all I needed to know. This man is very unhappy with Amber and his current situation. It's sad but he brought it on his own! 

• Love 6