Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E09 Field of Fears

EricaShadows
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

Miranda is a 1970s bombshell to me. She has the prettiest smile on the team.  If they'd let some of these girls ditch the center part, the hair would work perfectly fine. 

I'm really hoping that at some point, we'll have a rookie candidate with enough backbone to say "no thank you, I'm obviously not a fit here" when given the One Last Chance speech. 

I think Miranda is great too! My favorite smile in recent DCC history was Megan C.  When she smiled, her eyes twinkled and that gave her something special.

It's tough to give up on a dream you've had since you were a child, like many of these girls. There are loads of girls who try out, even make it to TC and don't come back. I'd arguably suggest that at least some of those don't come back because of the pressure and the strictness of the DCC requirements.  So in a way, they're saying no.

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, rose711 said:

The Minchew sisters also left. I think it may have been by email the same as the girl who left because she was studying anatomy.

Kelli and Kitty have the advantage that these girls will put up with almost anything because they want to make the team so badly- at least as rookies.

Oh, right! I forgot about the Minchew sisters!  There was also another girl (quiet blond) who sent an email pulling out of TC because she couldn't keep up. Christine...?

I don't think Kelli has an "advantage" over these girls. Kelli, Judy, Kitty aren't manipulating these girls into auditioning for the organization. And they aren't manipulating the ones who make it to TC. The organization has very high standards, very tough standards. That isn't a bad thing nor something Kelli et al need to apologize for.  That high standard has made DCC an organization girls dream of being a part of.  And since we're going on S13 of DCC:MTT, it isn't remotely a secret that TC is tough and unforgiving.  

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2018 at 6:35 AM, Mardo2044 said:

Wow, I am normally in the minority about liking Mellisa R segments.  But her cutting Rachael off and being catty was not great.  I agree Rachael needs to work on her facials and performance and can not "rely" on her beauty but there is a way to critiique in a kind/supportive way and Melissa R used to do that!  I guess you have to keep your pageant responses on all the time at The Star no mater who you are talking to!  

Give me Mentor Melissa over Boot Camp Jay every day of the week.  

• Love 10

Kitty is in no position to be bitchy about anyone else's hair.   I know we're only seeing her in a work environment, but I've never seen her look anything remotely like well-groomed.   Usually quite the opposite, in fact.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Oh, right! I forgot about the Minchew sisters!  There was also another girl (quiet blond) who sent an email pulling out of TC because she couldn't keep up. Christine...?

I don't think Kelli has an "advantage" over these girls. Kelli, Judy, Kitty aren't manipulating these girls into auditioning for the organization. And they aren't manipulating the ones who make it to TC. The organization has very high standards, very tough standards. That isn't a bad thing nor something Kelli et al need to apologize for.  That high standard has made DCC an organization girls dream of being a part of.  And since we're going on S13 of DCC:MTT, it isn't remotely a secret that TC is tough and unforgiving.  

Christina Marie. I don't remember what season she was from. Maybe 5 or 6.

• Love 2
On 9/27/2018 at 11:17 PM, Kate2006 said:

Why haven't they cut Malena yet? 

Melissa Rycroft looked weird tonight. She was dressed like a 12 year old and looks a lot older than her age with her lip injections and her strange hair color.

Marshall is hot. 

Regarding Melissa’s clothing, I thought the exact same thing! 

On 9/28/2018 at 9:23 AM, CaseyRe said:

Ugh, VK saying 'just because you're a legacy doesn't mean you can't go home' literally had me groaning outloud.

If anyone, ANYONE in TC has zero excuses on the entrance, to know how precise it needs to be, it''s TK, rolling my eyes so hard at her being all 'shocked' about how precise it needed to be. Can someone get her off my screen?

Yes! Amen!  I wanted to throw a brick at my tv when Victoria talked about how “heartbreaking “ it was to see Dayton go home-  ALL THE  WHILE with the biggest damn grin on her face. Ughhhhhh?????

• Love 5
On 9/28/2018 at 4:02 PM, tinabee1967 said:

Yeah, Victoria. I'm sure you cried a river of tears.

I have a feeling Kristin was arguing for her spot much like Whitney very unattractively did a couple of seasons ago. We clearly did not see the whole conversation on that one. Kristin is fortunate Kelli did not put laser burns on her heart when those brown eyes flashed at her. Eeeyikes!!!!

You GO, Erin!!!!! Whoopwhoop!!!

20180928_155635.jpg

LMBO that meme says it ALL!!! ?

• Love 10
4 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Caila was at Camp DCC several years and a Jr. Dcc. 

So Caila said. But Kitty spoke to her like she didn’t know who she was or her background. I just finished watching the season, that is how the exchange went.

Edited by PBSLover
4 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Caila was at Camp DCC several years and a Jr. Dcc. 

Does Kitty have or did she have anything to do with that?  Even in the older videos on YouTube, it's the cheerleaders running things.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Does Kitty have or did she have anything to do with that?  Even in the older videos on YouTube, it's the cheerleaders running things.

No

4 hours ago, PBSLover said:

So Caila said. But Kitty spoke to her like she didn’t know who she was or her background. I just finished watching the season, that is how the exchange went.

Caila grew up dancing in her moms BFFs studio, who was a DCC in the early 2000s. 

• Love 3

I agree that Erin didn't have what it takes last year and that this year she is totally rocking it. So why the heck isn't that a major story line on the show? I'd love to know what she did to prepare for tryouts this year, her fitness regimen, what dance classes she took, etc. I guess hard work and dedication aren't as interesting as watching girls forget choreography and get called into the office for the same thing over and over.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

I agree that Erin didn't have what it takes last year and that this year she is totally rocking it. So why the heck isn't that a major story line on the show? I'd love to know what she did to prepare for tryouts this year, her fitness regimen, what dance classes she took, etc. I guess hard work and dedication aren't as interesting as watching girls forget choreography and get called into the office for the same thing over and over.

Yes! I totally agree.  I think that whoever she worked with did a great job and the DCC alumni who critiqued her last year needed to come back and see how she is doing.

• Love 6

When Brittney Schram was cut she said that she worked with Kitty for the entire year to make it back into training camp, onto the squad. When Sunni was cut, I read somewhere that she had been a smoker, she worked with Jay for the entire winter to get into shape (and quit smoking). Sunni’s cut to me was unfair because they gave her a bad makeover and then didn’t like her look in her cameo photos. She looked great at auditions.

Anyway, in light of what you are all saying, yes, we want to hear about their journey if they get cut and come back.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Maybe she was a blender even then....because nothing about Caila ever stood out to me.  I didn't like or dislike her...just kind of forgot she was even there. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Yes, this would make the show so much better! 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Yeah, I was not feeling her last year.  She didn’t have the look or dance.  But this year she’s totally rocking it and I am happy for her. I agree that they should give her some notice.  Sick of hearing VK’s every damn thought.  And I don’t hate the girl but damn, let someone else shine CMT!

• Love 5
On 10/3/2018 at 3:05 AM, Quilt Fairy said:

Kitty is in no position to be bitchy about anyone else's hair.   I know we're only seeing her in a work environment, but I've never seen her look anything remotely like well-groomed.   Usually quite the opposite, in fact.

I think Kitty looks like an evil, malevolent version of my favorite 80's designer Betsey Johnson (who, despite her Kitty resemblance, is the sweetest lady you'd ever want to meet.  In short, NOT Kitty :)  ) Untitled.jpg.825f1d7473c526830efa1dae73893f74.jpg

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I think Kitty looks like an evil, malevolent version of my favorite 80's designer Betsey Johnson (who, despite her Kitty resemblance, is the sweetest lady you'd ever want to meet.  In short, NOT Kitty :)  ) Untitled.jpg.825f1d7473c526830efa1dae73893f74.jpg

i think with Betsey J, the hair and outfits are a very deliberate part of her schtick, and actually probably take time to do, whereas in Kitty's case, it just reads as couldn't be bothered to find a comb and just threw on whatever was closest.  super 'respectful' to the DCC

• Love 4
13 hours ago, PBSLover said:

When Brittney Schram was cut she said that she worked with Kitty for the entire year to make it back into training camp, onto the squad. When Sunni was cut, I read somewhere that she had been a smoker, she worked with Jay for the entire winter to get into shape (and quit smoking). Sunni’s cut to me was unfair because they gave her a bad makeover and then didn’t like her look in her cameo photos. She looked great at auditions.

Anyway, in light of what you are all saying, yes, we want to hear about their journey if they get cut and come back.

Sunni looked so much better when she came back in season 4. It's almost like she did her own makeover.

In season 3 when Brandi first made TC why didn't they straighten her hair during her makeover like they did in season 5? Kelli must have known they were going to cut her.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

In season 3 when Brandi first made TC why didn't they straighten her hair during her makeover like they did in season 5? Kelli must have known they were going to cut her.

Oh right, she had "stripper," hair, then she went to the salon, after which her hair looked...the same.

• Love 3

Rewatched the episode, I think Kristen would look better without the false lashes. They look so heavy and clunky on her eyelids.

Erin was hot on the field. 

Did they show VK dancing on the field? I always seem to miss her. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Sunni is beautiful! They had to be crazy to not like her look. Other than giving her Megan Sharp bangs. 

30 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Oh right, she had "stripper," hair, then she went to the salon, after which her hair looked...the same.

Brandi was pretty just as she was. I cannot figure out for the life of me why they love natural curl on some ladies and straighten it out within an inch of it's life with others. And then if you are African American, oh girl, YOU are getting a hard press or a weave!

What could possibly be done with hair like this? It's gorgeous, and every time Jacie's hair was changed it never looked this good.

Screenshot_20181004-150854_Instagram.jpg

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Sunni is beautiful! They had to be crazy to not like her look. Other than giving her Megan Sharp bangs. 

I loved Sunni and enjoyed watching her in clips I saw.  :) 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Rewatched the episode, I think Kristen would look better without the false lashes. They look so heavy and clunky on her eyelids.

Erin was hot on the field. 

Did they show VK dancing on the field? I always seem to miss her. 

Kristen and VK's eyelashes are awful. Malena's lashes look tangled, for lack of a better expression.

52 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Sunni looked so much better when she came back in season 4. It's almost like she did her own makeover.

Brandi’s straight hair was one of the best makeovers ever on the show.   She looked so much better.   Another great makeover was when they dyed that Carissa’s hair from blonde to brown.   The one who took care of her younger siblings and had two jobs.   I really liked her and Kelli did too - but she was just so far behind cause of a lack of training.  Her makeover was stunning though - instantly looked like a DCC when done.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

Brandi’s straight hair was one of the best makeovers ever on the show.   She looked so much better.   Another great makeover was when they dyed that Carissa’s hair from blonde to brown.   The one who took care of her younger siblings and had two jobs.   I really liked her and Kelli did too - but she was just so far behind cause of a lack of training.  Her makeover was stunning though - instantly looked like a DCC when done.

Carissa's blonde hair made her look cheap....she really needed that darker color to come alive. They did a great job with her hair and her makeover. Brandi's straight hair did look good, but in the Texas heat and humidity, she would be fighting all of that pouf. The biggest problem she had was about eight inches of scraggly length. That stuff needed to GO.

• Love 1
On 10/1/2018 at 4:50 PM, jlc said:

Yes, Shannon. They all said rude things about Shannon's "look", especially Brenda.?

They missed out not taking Shannon.  She went on that year to cheer for the Cavs and was an absolute smoke show.  She dances and tumbles and would have done fine once she made it to camp.  She needed a some glam, that was it.   Ok, done, sorry for that sidebar LOL 

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

They missed out not taking Shannon.  She went on that year to cheer for the Cavs and was an absolute smoke show.  She dances and tumbles and would have done fine once she made it to camp.  She needed a some glam, that was it.   Ok, done, sorry for that sidebar LOL 

Plus she lives with Crohn's Disease...Kudos to her!! I really rooted for her to make it !

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Betsey! When I lived in NYC, my first job after graduating college in 2007 was working for Betsey in her corporate office. She is so sweet and so funny and would literally drink champagne all day! She also threw the best Halloween parties and would have us over to her apartment for random little parties. Sorry so off topic but I just love her!

• Love 9
On 9/30/2018 at 5:37 PM, Jess14 said:

Yep, and the current metoo was created on social media. If anything, younger people/ millennials probably as aware of it (if not more) than any other age group. I vividly remember when Alyssa Milano first created the #metoo post because over the few days, my twitter feed was filled with tweets and retweets of women telling their stories, including from several friends who i've known for years but never knew about their assaults.  There is really no excuse for someone to not know about it. None. I think its up there with not knowing who Donald Trump or Barrack Obama is. All I can think of is that she blanked. I refuse to believe that she doesn't actual know what #metoo is. 

The question itself was extremely odd - “are you familiar with the me too movement?” it actually presumes that there is a chance she might not be.   It makes more sense for the question to be “what are your thoughts on the me too movement.”  I don’t know the context though...She might have shown her ignorance earlier in the conversation, which prompted the “familiar with” question.  Cringeworthy nonetheless

47 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Plus she lives with Crohn's Disease...Kudos to her!! I really rooted for her to make it !

And they put Breelan and Ashley Pro on the squad the same year Shannon tried out. Makes me wonder how they really go about deciding you makes it into TC and on the squad. In my opinion, Shannon was a better pick over Breelan and Ashley.

On 9/28/2018 at 4:05 AM, hannahbanana said:

OMG! Judy actually talked this episode! ?

Dang it! My recording cut off before the VK/Jinelle part of the preview for next week. ?

Mine, too.  Is there a link for this anywhere?

56 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I wanted her to make it too. I felt horrible about all the things they said about her, especially after everything she had gone through to get there! Can you imagine how she must have felt when she watched the show and heard all that? I almost stopped watching it, but.........I'm still here. (Insert goofy face emoji here to show sorry/not sorry).

• Love 2
3 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

i think with Betsey J, the hair and outfits are a very deliberate part of her schtick, and actually probably take time to do, whereas in Kitty's case, it just reads as couldn't be bothered to find a comb and just threw on whatever was closest.  super 'respectful' to the DCC

Umm, I'm not real sure about that.  Look at the grand entrance she always makes when she shows up in the studio (while all those poor TCC are clapping for her; no doubt having been told to do so).  And the outrageous things she says.  I think maybe the funky looking hair ties into all that.  Like she's trying too hard to be a "character".

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, jlc said:

I wanted her to make it too. I felt horrible about all the things they said about her, especially after everything she had gone through to get there! Can you imagine how she must have felt when she watched the show and heard all that? I almost stopped watching it, but.........I'm still here. (Insert goofy face emoji here to show sorry/not sorry).

I thought all they said was that her makeup looked muddy and her hair color was dirty looking?   They’ve said way worse things about others IMO.

I think if she had danced better at finals they would have taken her cause Kelli seemed to really like her.   I remember the group of judges being disappointed in her performance on the field as many of them were rooting for her to do well.

• Love 1

I don’t think Marshall has frozen “plastic surgery face”. I think he’s just lucky with his coloring, bone structure, eyebrow arch, etc. If he was straight I would seriously ask him to procreate with me so my future children could have his perfect features. 

Edited to add:

Marshall, if you’re reading this... want to procreate? 

Edited by ThreaLevelMidnight
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I agree ... I remember Christy fighting for her and said she should get a makeover and most wrinkled their noses at it ... she definitely was a diamond in the rough ... but good for her

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

I don’t think Marshall has frozen “plastic surgery face”. I think he’s just lucky with his coloring, bone structure, eyebrow arch, etc. If he was straight I would seriously ask him to procreate with me so my future children could have his perfect features. 

Edited to add:

I wonder if we could get a bulk discount on keyboards:)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

The bangs looked horrible on her.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

The bangs looked horrible on her.

Well, they also changed her hair color to that ashy blonde.  The blonde color she came in with was so vibrant on her, and the new color just washed her out.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

She's as glam (code for pretty) to me as Amy L, Maddie, Gina, Rachel, Yuko, Christina, etc.  

2 hours ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Edited to add:

Oh, girl. Love me some Marshall, but in person, his face looks FROZEN especially when he turns side ways with the cheek filler. He is gorgeous but definitly hitting up the injections.

Speaking of injections....what do we think of Christina's new lips?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I didn’t realize this was Pittsburgh Shannon at first! I think they had it out for her after she said she was a die hard Steeler fan but as someone from Pittsburgh, I am not surprised she said it ? (personally I don’t watch NFL football at all and don’t care about it except for the DCC of course).

I really like Shannon but I don’t think Charlotte would have allowed her on the team after the Steeler comment. Otherwise I thought she just needed a makeover and would have been kind of like a Brooke Sorrenson, kind of a tomboy, sporty look. I do wish she had come back the next year.

• Love 3