Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E09 Field of Fears

EricaShadows
  • Start Topic

Marshall is indeed quite gorgeous. No doubt. Have you seen how he dresses? OMG....I think he out does most of the women in Dallas!? 

Taylor T not knowing about #metoo REALLY stuck in my buttcrack. I am not so secretly hoping Kelli reams her a new one. I am po'ed just thinking about it. How could she be so ignoramus on such a popular subject? Has she been living in a Saudi Arabian desert????

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Marshall is indeed quite gorgeous. No doubt. Have you seen how he dresses? OMG....I think he out does most of the women in Dallas!? 

Taylor T not knowing about #metoo REALLY stuck in my buttcrack. I am not so secretly hoping Kelli reams her a new one. I am po'ed just thinking about it. How could she be so ignoramus on such a popular subject? Has she been living in a Saudi Arabian desert????

I love the fact that 24 hours of the day, 7 days a week,  I can go to all these websites and get national news, local news, entertainment news, whatever I feel like reading.  I mean, when I was growing up, you had to wait for the newspaper to be delivered, or wait for the 5:00 news to come on. There are so many young people that go to their social media and that is it.  They have no clue what is going on in the rest of the world, even though they can find out in minutes.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I love the fact that 24 hours of the day, 7 days a week,  I can go to all these websites and get national news, local news, entertainment news, whatever I feel like reading.  I mean, when I was growing up, you had to wait for the newspaper to be delivered, or wait for the 5:00 news to come on. There are so many young people that go to their social media and that is it.  They have no clue what is going on in the rest of the world, even though they can find out in minutes.

Even then, people have been posting about #metoo on Instagram and FB like crazy, so if she was on both of those media platforms, SURELY she would have seen this. Either that, or she has very selfie addicted social media friends, which is sad.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Even then, people have been posting about #metoo on Instagram and FB like crazy, so if she was on both of those media platforms, SURELY she would have seen this. Either that, or she has very selfie addicted social media friends, which is sad.

Exactly. ITs literally the information age, there's no excuse. We all walk around with computers in our pockets with all the information in the world at our fingertips at any given moment. even if you don''t read newspapers or watch the news, it trickles into social consciousness, people talk about it on the street, in blogs, in vlogs, on twitters, instagram, and FB. I can't believe for a moment that there's no celebrity that she follows that hasn't posted something about it. I'm both shocked, and deeply disappointed in someone not knowing what it is, especially another woman.

• Love 9

My 14 year old knows about the metoo movement. Heck she knows about the current Supreme Court/Ford business.  Once I allowed her social media, I had her follow a couple of news sources that she reviews on the way to school. Some of her classes quiz on current events, so she uses her phone for something other than selfies.

No excuses to be ignorant.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Most people don’t have ready access to a football field complete w/ line markings and everything to practice on - I know the Kalina’s are supposed to be wealthy, but they must not be “buy their daughter a football field so she can rehearse the DCC entrance-wealthy” kind of people ;).

Why is everyone so upset that VK had to learn something new like everybody else?   Most girls who grow up training in dance studios (like a lot of DCC hopefuls) have never, ever danced on a football field and have not done anything even remotely like the DCC entrance before.   If they are a good dancer and quick learner they should be able to pick it up in the amount of time given - which is what K&J expect of the TCCs every season.  I don’t see why VK has a higher expectation for this than the other girls    It’s very in line w/ her background that she’s never done it before.

or she could visit Brennan's back yard.  There are so many ways to practice/prepare for training camp...Including video of performances at Football games. watching the entrance and Thunderstruck, actually studying it... I think this would be very much in range of possibility for Victoria and ANY other TCC.  Watch other seasons, go to local park/highschool track and field, neighbors back yard.. side street you name it, and mark off some lines. It would be Mandatory Prep for me, and constant homework if this was my dream job and goal since childhood. 

9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Right!!!!

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:44 AM, jlc said:

Just another "reason" that she is not taking this seriously! Does she think this is going to be handed to her so she doesn't have to be good at it? Who would make that kind of statement if they had really been dreaming of being a DCC their whole life? That comment is stupid!

I think Auto Amy would be the perfect person to come back and tell them off! Finally makes it to training camp and they cut her on the last night after 5 years of trying out for that team! I bet she would have some choice words for Kelli, Judy, Kitty and Charlotte! 

I did not believe her that she did not know this, How could anyone be expected to believe that there are ZERO conversations about what is expected by any TCC during training camp between her, and her mother, Veterans, TCC? blech

• Love 2

My question about this episode is - after Miranda's reaction to Kitty's comment, do we think Kelli gets it? Is she seeing the level of toxic in the locker room/dance studio? Is she concerned? Does she understand what's going on in there?

• Love 4

I thought that this episode was one of the better ones of the season, but I am still not that happy in general with the show anymore. I used to almost not be able to sleep the night before it aired LOL and now I waited a few days before I got around to watching it.

It was hard for me to watch the part with Kelli shaming Madeline. It really was. I felt second hand embarrassment, and I have to wonder if there is more than meets with eye with why Kelli and Kitty don’t like her. It seems to have come from out of left field. Maybe it is legitimate, but to the average viewer, it looks very harsh and mean. Reminds me of when they canned Hannah and she was shocked. I hated seeing Madeline grovel and go along with whatever Kelli said just to assuage her. 

I hate how Judy gets frustrated about the lines on the field. I think she does not do a good job of teaching if there are so many mistakes that are the same each year. At some point, as a teacher, you have to wonder if it is something you are doing wrong. She needs to chill on those reactions. Her frustrations are not warranted, in my opinion. If it is hard, you have to expect mistakes, especially on the first night. I know that dance is different than the real world of teaching, but I think that people perform better when they feel the teacher is kind and understanding. Not a pushover, but just not a mean old hag yelling at them when they already know they are not getting it right. 

Liked Ashley a lot- she seemed nice and reasonable. 

I know this is unpopular, but I 100% agree with Victoria and what she was saying about Jinelle not having a weight problem. I actually thought it was bold of her to be so honest, when all we see are the “yes ma’am” robotic responses. I have always been bigger than my peers. Tall at a young age, and bigger boned. I would not and have not felt that someone who is so polar opposite of me and how I looked could have helped me. Maybe it is not rational or even reasonable, but there is a lot of emotionalism involved in weight, and there is just no way I would want someone that looks like Jinelle helping me. If you have not always been tall and a bit bigger than other girls, you may not understand or relate. 

As far as the metoo movement, I can say that I actually do understand how she may not know- her mind went blank. The other day at work someone asked me if I knew someone and said my brother’s name and I said no! I was thinking she meant someone at work, and I literally said I did not know my own brother! When you are tired, exhausted, drained, and edgy, your mind does not always pull through for you. I am sure she remembered later on. 

Lastly, I do think that it is time for DCC to not have the girls be so thin. It would be such a nice change, and really help all women out. The pressure to be thin is crushing no matter what. Talk about using a platform for good! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, jlc said:

My question about this episode is - after Miranda's reaction to Kitty's comment, do we think Kelli gets it? Is she seeing the level of toxic in the locker room/dance studio? Is she concerned? Does she understand what's going on in there?

A rookie gains 11 pounds and Kitty asks for respect for her.  A 2nd year vet needs a new hairstyle and out come the bitchy comments and Mean Girls attitude.  Which one of these was a quick fix?  Why couldn't they have just taken Miranda to the salon, had a consultation with Marshall and turned it into a fun segment.  And the talk with Ashlee didn't honestly seem all that supportive to me, the talk with Kristen was confusing and the talk with Madeleine could have been handled differently.

It's like Kelli started the season with certain expectations for the squad, the rookies, and Victoria.  She wanted no drama, no misbehavior, everything to fall into place...……..and it's just not happening.  So I think she is frustrated and so she probably isn't seeing how she is behaving.  And she may not realize until she watches the eps and it may have to be pointed out to her.  I'm hoping Kitty watches her own eps and realizes how she came off this year.

• Love 22
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

But why would they spend their time reading about news and politics when they can read the latest in the Kim/Kourtney Kardashian feud?  I would love to see Kelli follow up a "what does the FBI stand for" question with one that says "who is Khloe Kardashians baby daddy?"  That might tell them everything they need to know about PR risks.

I think VK is screwed either way.  She either uses every connection she has to learn all dances, sidelines, jumps and entrances and works the hell out of it, or she sits there and smiles and assumes she's an automatic pick for the team.  At least one path involves work.  I hate to say she's getting a bad edit but she's certainly not helping herself in any way.  And looking at her twittter feed (I'm ashamed I spent ten minutes going through a strangers feed), the weight gain is a recent development.  It only gets worse with every year, kiddo. Cut the carbs, drop the fries, stop drinking soda and get mommy and daddy to buy you a fitness and nutrition coach.  You can manage your weight but it involves work and dedication.  And I think therein lies all your problems.  It's hard for people who get things easily to push through and work their way out of a problem. 

• Love 3

I go back and forth on Victoria.  You look at her instagram or twitter she's a beautiful girl.  Even her audition pictures, VK looks really pretty.  She is that big blue eyed blonde with long legs that Kelli and Judy love.  She's fun and perky and maybe at times over the top as I said weeks ago the excited puppy.  My guess is VK has always been told she's beautiful, the best, etc and real criticism hurts everyone but if no one has ever been real than it's worst.  Many make the mistake of letting our intake of calories go up when our exercise goes up and VK needs to learn healthy snacks.  Go see tiny vet Kelli.  She seems to have mastered the healthy snacks.  I feel VK has gotten too much of a pass by Kelli (not Judy........Judy has just stayed silent except to tell her she was out of control) but VK danced well in the segment with Melissa.  Lily not so much.  VK looked completely different at auditions.

Miranda.  It's sad one comment can make her cry but I do think this year has been hard on everyone.  Just Kelli give Miranda the "respect" a vet deserves and wait until Marshall is there and ask Marshall how can we update her look.  Don't pull her over while she is on the field.  My love for Marshall I am sure he would come up with some great ideas.  

• Love 2

I do not think Judy "loves" the fact Kelli and Charlotte seem to be pushing Victoria on to the team. She may be taking a hard long look at the whole picture and thinking of the days when Cassie was on the team and some of the viewers and fans were not happy about it. I like Judy, but I did not care for her getting rid of Olivia S. because she was being toxic for standing up to Cassie. You also can tell Judy does not agree with Kelli and Charlotte when it comes to certain girls being brought into TC or on the squad.

I think Judy is worried about what is going on, and probably worried for VK.  If K&C want her on the team to be the "face of the DCC" - that is a lot of pressure for a rookie.  Not only that, but Judy may see she isn't ready for this year, add the weight gain and of course, add in how Judy has been treated if all of that is true.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Why couldn't they have just taken Miranda to the salon, had a consultation with Marshall and turned it into a fun segment.

Exactly. Pull her into their office before rehearsal begins and tell her they’d like to see her with a bit of a hair makeover. Some layers, highlights, deep condition, whatever. Present it as a bit of a fun adventure instead of doing it on the field and mentioning Kitty’s name.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 6

Boy are Kelli and Charlotte are barking up the wrong DCC tree if they expect Victoria to be the new face of the DCC. The ship has hit an iceberg, the life jackets have been handed out, and Kelli and Charlotte have not survive in the water known as the public opinion.

Edited by bigskygirl
Just now, PBSLover said:

Exactly. Pull her into their office before rehearsal begins and tell her they’d like to see her with a bit of a hair makeover. Some layers, highlights, deep condition whatever. Present it as a bit of a fun adventure instead of doing it on the field and mentioning Kitty’s name.

Doing it on the field was just cruel. you're being called out in front of your colleagues, you're already anxious because you're going to be worried you're getting called over for somehting about your dancing, something perhaps so egregious it can't even wait for the office.  why, if they were having such an issue with her hair, was she not sent to Marshall at the start? they've seen her hair since finals, they know what it looks like. they've had more than enough opportunities to deal with it if they don't like it. but nobody did. but Kitty says something andsuddenly it's awful and has to change.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

or she could visit Brennan's back yard.  There are so many ways to practice/prepare for training camp...Including video of performances at Football games. watching the entrance and Thunderstruck, actually studying it... I think this would be very much in range of possibility for Victoria and ANY other TCC.  Watch other seasons, go to local park/highschool track and field, neighbors back yard.. side street you name it, and mark off some lines. It would be Mandatory Prep for me, and constant homework if this was my dream job and goal since childhood. 

I completely agree with you.  If I were a beautiful and talented young dancer who wanted to be a DCC, I would make sure my kicks were high and I would master the jump split before auditions.

• Love 4

Miranda is like those girls in the movies who have their hair in a bun, glasses, baggy clothes and their friend convinces them to wear the hair down, put in contacts and drags them to the beach.  They take off the baggy coverup, and underneath they are wearing a bikini that shows off all curves, and the guy on his bike hits a parked car, or the lifeguard falls off his tower, or the guy spills food on his girlfriend. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

16 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Yep, and the current metoo was created on social media. If anything, younger people/ millennials probably as aware of it (if not more) than any other age group. I vividly remember when Alyssa Milano first created the #metoo post because over the few days, my twitter feed was filled with tweets and retweets of women telling their stories, including from several friends who i've known for years but never knew about their assaults.  There is really no excuse for someone to not know about it. None. I think its up there with not knowing who Donald Trump or Barrack Obama is. All I can think of is that she blanked. I refuse to believe that she doesn't actual know what #metoo is. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I refuse to believe that she doesn't actual know what #metoo is. 

Me too (ridiculously stupid pun intended ) :)  I'm embarrassed to admit I am terrible with keeping up with current events, and even I know what it is.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Me too (ridiculously stupid pun intended ) :)  I'm embarrassed to admit I am terrible with keeping up with current events, and even I know what it is.

See...that's another thing about all this.  Didn't she do any "homework" for auditions?  Didn't someone say read a newspaper, what are the top 10 news stories of this year, etc?  I thought current events was part of their test.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

See...that's another thing about all this.  Didn't she do any "homework" for auditions?  Didn't someone say read a newspaper, what are the top 10 news stories of this year, etc?  I thought current events was part of their test.

Maybe she just heard it wrong and couldn't picture the metoo hashtag in her head....idk lol! 

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Miranda is like those girls in the movies who have their hair in a bun, glasses, baggy clothes and their friend convinces them to wear the hair down, put in contacts and drags them to the beach.  They take off the baggy coverup, and underneath they are wearing a bikini that shows off all curves, and the guy on his bike hits a parked car, or the lifeguard falls off his tower, or the guy spills food on his girlfriend. 

I don't get the whole thing with MIranda's hair. Did she change it and wasn't supposed to? I thought they have to keep the makeover style all season or ask Kelli's permission to change.  Sydney went brunette for short time and Kelsey Lauren changed her color a lot.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, jlc said:

She did make a comment in her talking head about how much pressure the girls were under, but I don't think she gets it on any deeper level than training camp is hard. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

can you imagine Kelli's face if you'd stood and said that when asked to describe yourself in a hashtag!!

Would she cry or say awwww?

7 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I don't get the whole thing with MIranda's hair. Did she change it and wasn't supposed to? I thought they have to keep the makeover style all season or ask Kelli's permission to change.  Sydney went brunette for short time and Kelsey Lauren changed her color a lot.

I just don't think it was moving as well as it could.  That's why we're saying she could have just said - hey, let's get Marshall over here and discuss your hair over a couple of banana splits.  I wonder if he'll try out again after everything:)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

#hashtagsarelife

Haha! My younger child went viral because of a creative hashtag I made a while back. Total fluke. #HashtagsArePowerful #SometimesTheyTakeOffOutOfNowhere #YouCanPaySomeoneToMakeYourHashtagViralTheseDays 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah.....NO

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I don't get the whole thing with MIranda's hair. 

I'm probably the only one who prefers her hair color the way it used to be.  When I first saw the new color, I thought they'd added gray when I know they did not.  I feel the makeover actually aged her and hate how they upset her.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'm probably the only one who prefers her hair color the way it used to be.  When I first saw the new color, I thought they'd added gray when I know they did not.  I feel the makeover actually aged her and hate how they upset her.

You are not the only one! She is one that will go back to looking young and fresh once she retires and goes back to her own style.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Not alone! I would have sworn blind at times that they put grey in it. it looks ashy not rich.  it needs some warmth

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Not alone! I would have sworn blind at times that they put grey in it. it looks ashy not rich.  it needs some warmth

Exactly.  Plus dull and flat.

This before shot does not scream "Grandma" to me.

mirandatims_V2.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Exactly.  Plus dull and flat.

This before shot does not scream "Grandma" to me.

mirandatims_V2.jpg

Wait, they redid her hair? I missed it! 

Guess I was too busy being mad that they spent a whole episode complaining about people, watching Kristen look like she was going to lay down and take a nap and still not cut anyone! 

It’s mean to keep these women this long when you know you are goign to cut... 8 (??I forget) more people. They could be getting jobs or taking classes or drinking beer and eating cake. 

Edited by WinkyFace
Words need to be correct to make sense.
  • Love 10
On 9/29/2018 at 9:23 AM, cfinboston said:

I know this is a tremendously unpopular opinion, but I thought Jinelle should never have made it her first time. 

I love Jinelle and she was a favorite of mine from the start.  But at the beginning there was alot of debate about her from judges because she was very thin and angular face.  She looked great on the jumbo though and I think that changed some opinions.  And now of course no one can think of her as anything but the seasoned vet we all adore :)  so even though you and I disagree, I remember many being in your camp at the time.

• Love 2
On 9/30/2018 at 12:11 AM, vivianspoetry said:

Ashley definitely was my star of the episode..

I agree!  Very likeable!  Judy said she keeps making mistakes but we haven't really seen that.  It's unfortunate this episode was so unclear w no cuts it sparked a lot more talk about that than talking about girls and their dancing.  In glad we got to see/know more about her. :)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

I agree!  Very likeable!  Judy said she keeps making mistakes but we haven't really seen that.  It's unfortunate this episode was so unclear w no cuts it sparked a lot more talk about that than talking about girls and their dancing.  In glad we got to see/know more about her. :)

She could be making mistakes in TC we are not seeing because it is not shown on the show.

18 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Judy "loves" the fact Kelli and Charlotte seem to be pushing Victoria on to the team. She may be taking a hard long look at the whole picture and thinking of the days when Cassie was on the team and some of the viewers and fans were not happy about it. I like Judy, but I did not care for her getting rid of Olivia S. because she was being toxic for standing up to Cassie. You also can tell Judy does not agree with Kelli and Charlotte when it comes to certain girls being brought into TC or on the squad.

I wasn't aware of this, can you give me a summary of what happened between Cassie and Olivia S.

24 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

Why would they change anything about this look? One of the most beautiful women on the team!

Kitty said she looked like a grandmother. I think it was the previous episode. 

If I were Madeline and got called in a third time I would grab my stuff and just leave.  It would be priceless to have Kelli and Judi just waiting and waiting to pounce on her in the office and to see Kitti's reaction later.  Actually, I would have gotten up and left during the second office tear down. How many times can you get into trouble for the same thing you were already punished for? No thank you working for people like that. 

And Miranda a grandma? LOL please. This show is ridiculous at times. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I wasn't aware of this, can you give me a summary of what happened between Cassie and Olivia S.

During the calendar shoot before Season 6 auditions, Cassie was complaining about the rookies getting more camera time. Olivia stood up to her, and Judy told the judges Olivia S. is being toxic which lead to Olivia being cut. Her cut was not shown or mentioned in the finals episode. I have heard Cassie was a mean girl and made a few girls miserable, and she was not the professional DCC she was made out to be aka being disrespectful to the DCC Organization.

18 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah, that was me.  There is no excuse in this day and age.  If nothing else, the month before auditions, start looking at the news, reading news sites, etc.  This show has been on 13 seasons and you still don’t know that they expect the DCC to be up on current events?  Damn!  

4 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I have to go back and look, but I’m thinking Judy was talking about she made a lot of mistakes that night on the field entrance.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, rose711 said:

Kitty said she looked like a grandmother. I think it was the previous episode. 

Kitty said Miranda looked like Grandma Moses.  She could have been nice and said Miranda needs a cut, more layers, or highlights .. whatever.  But sadly, no, her mean girl came out as she attacked a bunch of rookies and vets, while asking TPTB to give VK respect for gaining 11 pounds in training camp and not mentioning the sloppy style dancing that VK performs.  KITTY NEEDS TO GO!

What she said was cruel and has been cruel to everyone except VK all season.   

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 5