Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E09 Field of Fears

EricaShadows
  • Start Topic

Victoria saying “I don’t like the situation I’m in,” in the preview about Jinelle, was the definition of entitlement to be on the team as a rookie. No other girl has talked to Kelli in that fresh manner.

victoria seemed like she was trying to put Jinelle in her place, but Jinelle wasn’t going to let that happen. Jinelle is the highly experienced, highly respected veteran. Victoria’s a rookie.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Kelli’a comment about there’s no need to have a conversation, then Kristin saying, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. She wasn’t crying. She was being real. And maybe, maybe, Kelli finally got the fact that they need to communicate better than they have been. I’m seriously guessing here but maybe that is why they let her stay.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking when I saw it a second time.  Plus as she has said twice she is exhausted from working/driving.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, rose711 said:

Victoria saying “I don’t like the situation I’m in,” in the preview about Jinelle, was the definition of entitlement to be on the team as a rookie. No other girl has talked to Kelli in that fresh manner.

victoria seemed like she was trying to put Jinelle in her place, but Jinelle wasn’t going to let that happen. Jinelle is the highly experienced, highly respected veteran. Victoria’s a rookie.

That could have been CMT editing.  I don't know what "situation" she was talking about.  I don't think it was about the meeting taking place at that time, as in "I don't like that you two are ganging up on me because you know I'm special."

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Annalisa said:

She's the typical Hollywood infected type. She spent too much time out there and got the fake bug. She not only has lip injections, she has Botox all over her face. She looks awful. Her personality is so fake I can't stand her, what a difference from the person she was at tryouts. Yeah what the hell was she wearing with those ridiculous earrings!

I think she has always worn weird clothes. Since the beginning I feel like I am always thinking - "How old are you" and "What the heck are you wearing". lol

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Donna S said:

Lucchese boots start at about $300, and go up from there.  There are some that can cost $3,000.

But you can get a leather soled boot for far less that isn’t Lucchese but would give a similar feel. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, DCCme said:

"I didn't realise how specific your foot had to be on the yardline..."

Just another "reason" that she is not taking this seriously! Does she think this is going to be handed to her so she doesn't have to be good at it? Who would make that kind of statement if they had really been dreaming of being a DCC their whole life? That comment is stupid!

12 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Me too. Which  one would you like to see do it?

I think Auto Amy would be the perfect person to come back and tell them off! Finally makes it to training camp and they cut her on the last night after 5 years of trying out for that team! I bet she would have some choice words for Kelli, Judy, Kitty and Charlotte! 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Being an ambassador risk can get you booted fast.

>Unless you're Yuko.

I know this is a tremendously unpopular opinion, but I thought Jinelle should never have made it her first time. There's a clip from her interview where she says she's cheered for some Australian football team for years but she'd still have to learn the rules of American football. Kelli and the others all giggle indulgently like it's the cutest thing ever. Considering other girls are expected to know everything about the game, team, and team's history, why was it so adorable that she admits she does not understand the GAME? I also never thought she was pretty at all. Just like how can Yuko be an ambassador when she literally can't speak the language?

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Annalisa said:

You can buy it on Amazon for $1.99

I have an amazon season pass and Record it on DVR ??‍♀️. Amazon released the episode late but I usually watch the DVR in the morning and the Amazon one later through the day. So I went all day without seeing it ?...... #firstworldproblem

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, cfinboston said:

>Unless you're Yuko.

I know this is a tremendously unpopular opinion, but I thought Jinelle should never have made it her first time. There's a clip from her interview where she says she's cheered for some Australian football team for years but she'd still have to learn the rules of American football. Kelli and the others all giggle indulgently like it's the cutest thing ever. Considering other girls are expected to know everything about the game, team, and team's history, why was it so adorable that she admits she does not understand the GAME? I also never thought she was pretty at all. Just like how can Yuko be an ambassador when she literally can't speak the language?

I think Jinelle had only been in the US a few days when that happened. She obviously learned the rules. It’s not that hard unless you’re an idiot who doesn’t bother like the girl who thought Ton Landry was still alive.

jinelle looked great on the jumbotron, maybe it was her big boobs, but she looked good to me.

about Yuko, they have a reason they like her, didnt one of the alumni who lives in Japan say she helped Yuko out. I give her credit for coming all this way to live in a place and dance where she doesn’t speak the language. I’m sure she’s proficient in English now after all this time.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, cfinboston said:

how can Yuko be an ambassador when she literally can't speak the language?

Yuko seems to speak English just fine. In this episode she told one of the TCCs that she was making a figure eight movement with her poms and I understood exactly what she was saying.

This is from her rookie season:

• Love 4
11 hours ago, rose711 said:

I think Jinelle had only been in the US a few days when that happened. She obviously learned the rules. It’s not that hard unless you’re an idiot who doesn’t bother like the girl who thought Ton Landry was still alive.

jinelle looked great on the jumbotron, maybe it was her big boobs, but she looked good to me.

Agreed. For me, there’s a difference between closing a cultural gap (to include a language barrier-for personal reasons I have a soft spot for non-English speakers who come to the US), and actual ambassador risks. Most of the non-US girls seem to at least have made the effort to adapt and learn football/US politics/Cowboys history. But if you were raised in the US, tried out multiple times, and still don’t know football rules (or what FBI stands for at the very least)....well, that’s a cause for concern. Given a situation where the girls are at a meet’n’greet with corporate sponsors: I think most of the non-US girls can learn to skillfully play off lack of knowledge in certain subjects or questions based on their foreign upbringing. An American DCC doesn’t have that option - she just looks like a nitwit. 

Onto the episode! 

Love getting to know the TCC rookies! Thank you for listening, CMT. Every week I have a new girl crush. Last week Hannah-I love how real she seems, no fakery or fronting. And Bridget is freaking adorable. This week my new crushes are of course Ashlee and Cianna. Both girls are so beautiful. Love Ashlee’s confidence and Cianna's videos from when she was a little girl were so cute. I could watch her hula and Tahitian dance for hours. I wonder if she did any for her finals solo?

Melissas upper lip does NOT move when she talks. Melissa not talking -> ?, Melissa talking -> ?. So distracting. With that being said, I did like this segment and I actually wish there was more of it.  

Poor Miranda.  I don’t know anything about her besides the fact that she is very pretty, but my heart really broke for her when she immediately started tearing up. I also got a little annoyed that Kelli is so surprised that these girls are so emotional. Because, quite honestly, THAT is the environment that you have fostered! By constantly repeating that any moment ANYONE can go home. Now, with THAT being said, yeah, Miranda’s hair does need a hot oil treatment. 

I felt like they showed more of teaching the entrance, and I really approve of that decision! However the editing of the “office meetings” was terrible. I don’t actually think Kelli and Judy cut off Madeline and Kristin as much as it seemed like they did, but the edit really put them in a bad light. I agree with everyone who said that Kristin was looking for specific feedback to better her dancing, but it feels like they don’t even know how to articulate what they want and then get frustrated when the TCC can’t understand. But I do have to agree with Judy though, they really can’t “teach wow.”

Sorry - I feel like I wrote a book. If you’ve made it this far, I’ll end with this:  I love Marshall. More Marshall. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Damn you Autocorrect!
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

These girls are just immature and selfish cause that’s how 18 year olds are.

I'm gonna explain once why I think 'she's 18' is a weak excuse and then I'm gonna be done with this topic because it is clear you and I will never agree with each other in regards to VK.

Much like VK I grew up in the world of entitlement. I have one of those families where everyone has money and the amount of skeleton's in the closet would make such a salacious book no one would think it was based on facts. Even after my dad passed away and my mom's income was slashed, my grandparents would start writing monthly checks so I had that room full of toys and nice clothes and the ability to dance, dance and dance some more. 

At 18 years old I had a tough choice to make. Do I follow my family's expectation and go off to our family's alma mater with no other worries than where I wanted to live and if I wanted to rush a sorority or not? I was offered a sizable scholarship and accepted into an accelerated master's program. I would have left for three years, did my thing, came back, applied my degree, found a husband...etc, all on the timeline my family not only wanted, but outright expected. Or, did I grow up, break the mold and do what I had wanted to do all along? 

Well, I chose that later. At 18 I was also secretary engaged to my high school sweetheart and a week shy of 19 I was moving to a state I had never been to before. Within a month we were married, had a small apartment with hodge podged furniture and a deployment date that lingered that fall. I was burnt out from school though I did interview with the UK and likely would have been accepted had I applied. I got a job, it wasn't fancy by any means but it kept my busy. When he deployed for a sobering 12 months I went home twice for no longer than 3 days. 

My family was shell shocked. Literally no one saw it coming. They saved faced, they sent gifts and congratulations while taking bets on how long it would take for my to run home. 

That never happened. And that is why I simply can not accept that being 18 is an excuse for VK's clear lack of everything. She is a pretty girl---I won't deny that, but everything else is a mess and she is CHOOSING to be that mess. Now it could be argued that she's being enabled and I'd agree, but so are handfuls and handfuls of other entitled 18 year olds and yet they choose to make better and different choices.

VK is not ready to be a DCC, imo, and I don't think one year is going to make a significant difference. Maybe 2-3 if she moves out of her mother's house, gains some real world experience and learned to LISTEN to the advice given to her by people who don't fall at her feet. 

• Love 22
14 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I am such an ashlee fan after tht office visit. She just held her own, she was so strong. I was a little taken aback by how insincere and distant Kelli sounded when Ashlee was explaining what was hard for her, but the way Ashlee didn't look for sympathy or help, didn't ask for help finding somewhere to live, jsut that she would find it and she was where she belonged to be.  Total Ashlee fan now for sure. confident but not cocky or arrogant

So true!  Wished I lived in Dallas or had a place so she could have a place to live.  She is such a delight!  Now this is a DCC!  I was hoping that Kelli would offer to send her to someone to help her like she did in an earlier season to one TCC.  But Ashlee did not feel sorry for herself, and I especially loved when Kelli said DCC was an elite group and Ashlee was like “and I belong here.”  

So glad to meet you Ashlee!  You have a soft spoken maturity and grace!  And I am a fan!  

• Love 21
56 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm gonna explain once why I think 'she's 18' is a weak excuse and then I'm gonna be done with this topic because it is clear you and I will never agree with each other in regards to VK.

Much like VK I grew up in the world of entitlement. I have one of those families where everyone has money and the amount of skeleton's in the closet would make such a salacious book no one would think it was based on facts. Even after my dad passed away and my mom's income was slashed, my grandparents would start writing monthly checks so I had that room full of toys and nice clothes and the ability to dance, dance and dance some more. 

At 18 years old I had a tough choice to make. Do I follow my family's expectation and go off to our family's alma mater with no other worries than where I wanted to live and if I wanted to rush a sorority or not? I was offered a sizable scholarship and accepted into an accelerated master's program. I would have left for three years, did my thing, came back, applied my degree, found a husband...etc, all on the timeline my family not only wanted, but outright expected. Or, did I grow up, break the mold and do what I had wanted to do all along? 

Well, I chose that later. At 18 I was also secretary engaged to my high school sweetheart and a week shy of 19 I was moving to a state I had never been to before. Within a month we were married, had a small apartment with hodge podged furniture and a deployment date that lingered that fall. I was burnt out from school though I did interview with the UK and likely would have been accepted had I applied. I got a job, it wasn't fancy by any means but it kept my busy. When he deployed for a sobering 12 months I went home twice for no longer than 3 days. 

My family was shell shocked. Literally no one saw it coming. They saved faced, they sent gifts and congratulations while taking bets on how long it would take for my to run home. 

That never happened. And that is why I simply can not accept that being 18 is an excuse for VK's clear lack of everything. She is a pretty girl---I won't deny that, but everything else is a mess and she is CHOOSING to be that mess. Now it could be argued that she's being enabled and I'd agree, but so are handfuls and handfuls of other entitled 18 year olds and yet they choose to make better and different choices.

VK is not ready to be a DCC, imo, and I don't think one year is going to make a significant difference. Maybe 2-3 if she moves out of her mother's house, gains some real world experience and learned to LISTEN to the advice given to her by people who don't fall at her feet. 

Not every 18 year old who doesn’t move out of their parents house is a mess.   And getting married at 19 isn’t always the best decision and not what I think the vast majority of parents want for their daughter’s anymore.   Honestly, it’s better to spend a year or two finding oneself and maturing before making life altering decisions before you’re allowed to even legally drink alchohol just to prove you’re grown up.

And besides for blowing off meeting w/ Jinelle and not showing up for a doctor appointment (omg - the horror - someone didn’t show up for a doctor appointment and lied about it) what proof do we have that VK is a “mess in every way”?  Cause she gained 11 pounds and might be crash dieting (half the teenage girls in America are dieting and/or have some type of issue w/ their weight or body image)?    She’s making it to rehearsals, dancing, working out, going to community college and seems happy and appears to have lots of friends.  There are girls her age on drugs, constantly parting and doing all kinds of messed up irresponsible stuff - like having babies out of wedlock, etc.  She could be a lot, lot worse. 

And living at home w/ her parents and going to CC is saving her and her family lots of money - she can transfer those credits to a 4 year school when she’s done and still get a bachelors - there are many kids out there racking up TONS of debt to go off to expensive out of state colleges (even with scholarships it’s rarely totally free), and if they end up not using those degrees it’s a huge waste and they have 100K+ in debt to start off life. 

Placing judgement on someone’s whole life because of a few non-life altering dumb mistakes is just very premature.   If not being good enough for a pro cheer squad at the age of 18 cause you made a few dumb mistakes is your biggest issue in life, I don’t think all hope for the future is gone.   

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, jlc said:

Just another "reason" that she is not taking this seriously! Does she think this is going to be handed to her so she doesn't have to be good at it? Who would make that kind of statement if they had really been dreaming of being a DCC their whole life? That comment is stupid!

I think Auto Amy would be the perfect person to come back and tell them off! Finally makes it to training camp and they cut her on the last night after 5 years of trying out for that team! I bet she would have some choice words for Kelli, Judy, Kitty and Charlotte! 

Most people don’t have ready access to a football field complete w/ line markings and everything to practice on - I know the Kalina’s are supposed to be wealthy, but they must not be “buy their daughter a football field so she can rehearse the DCC entrance-wealthy” kind of people ;).

Why is everyone so upset that VK had to learn something new like everybody else?   Most girls who grow up training in dance studios (like a lot of DCC hopefuls) have never, ever danced on a football field and have not done anything even remotely like the DCC entrance before.   If they are a good dancer and quick learner they should be able to pick it up in the amount of time given - which is what K&J expect of the TCCs every season.  I don’t see why VK has a higher expectation for this than the other girls    It’s very in line w/ her background that she’s never done it before.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

[snip]

I cannot possibly co-sign this enough.  Thank you!

Edited by go4luca
including the snip so folks know there was more to this
  • Love 10
28 minutes ago, AnDieT said:

I think it's not the fact that she had to learn it like everyone else but rather the statement in it self since they say it every year in MTT "the ball of your foot has to be on the line".

Its that combined with the fact she’s been in the program since she was 10. She should at least know the basic stuff that we viewers know by heart. I think she does know, but acts like she’s never heard it before. 

As far as practicing, I know Kelli told Morgan  and maybe Junelke, several seasons ago to find a field to practice on the next day. I was thinking that it’s easy to find an available field there. When I lived upstate NY every high school had a field that was open, you could at least practice along the sideline. Also the local colleges had fields. Those fields are generally open to people as they may have tracks around them. I didn’t think finding a field is that difficult.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, go4luca said:

Expensive as heck.  Jinelle shared on the live Twitter last night that each pair is custom made for each cheerleader.  I can't even imagine how much that costs. =:-O

14 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

Do you give them back if you get cut?

14 hours ago, rose711 said:

I think they return the whole uniform when they are cut or retire or at the end of the season.

11 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

If the boots are custom fit .... what a waste!

I think the boots must not be custom fit until after they have officially made the team. Otherwise, VK should not have been able to kick off both boots & Judy say to her that she thinks VK must need a half to whole size smaller. If it was custom fit, there would be no question as to correct size. I think they've had other TCCs switch sizes in previous seasons as well.

I think I read somewhere that you have to return the whole uniform when you retire, but get to keep one boot. Something about they don't want official, authentic uniforms floating around out there.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

It’s very in line w/ her background that she’s never done it before.

It is not in line with her background if she has been in the "program" since she was 10!

• Love 4

I read through several comments before I was able to watch the episode, and I was expecting a tragic viewing. I just watched, and honestly, I don't know what everyone was so outraged about.

Kitty couldn't tell that was Madeline on the field … why's that horrible? Yeah, she may have trained Madeline, but if Madeline wasn't dancing with as much power and projection as Kitty was used to and she was out danced by those around her, why's it bad that Kitty over looked her?  She was there to help evaluate all the girls, not just Madeline.  Also, she told Madeline to stop being a crybaby. Why's that outrageous for Kitty? We all know she's said bolder, cruder and worse things to girls in the past. 

I also didn't think Kelli was remotely rude to either Kristin or Madeline when she was speaking with her in her office.

Kristin: Throughout TC Kristin has been reserved and that has been noticeable in a room full of power dancers. Kelli was going to release her from TC this week, but was very gracious in allowing her to stay to work on her power and getting noticed. Kelli didn't have to do that. She's not running a therapy group for the retiring and reserved - she's running an organization of dancers that need projection, power and personality to stand out on a humongous field and a larger-than-life HD screen. Kristin needs to stand out or maybe she needs another year to develop that power like Erin. I'm not sure what people are expecting from Kelli, but I thought she was direct, forthright and professional. 

Madeline: We don't know why Madeline changed her assigned locker.  (At least I don't! lol)  Maybe she truly didn't  think it mattered if she maybe moved closer to a friend. (Maybe someone here knows.) But it seemed many Veterans didn't think it was her place to give advise to other Rookies (though we've seen Rookies who've been in TC before give advice to newbie TC Rookies in the past.) But if it was creating talk, Kelli giving her a "be humble" talk isn't out of line. Sometimes managers need to take employees under their wings and correct behavior that is coming across to the others a bossy or know-it-all. It's just life. Don't know why that would be bad.  

On a Kelli personal note, I think this has been one of the most stressful TCs for Kelli as she's worked hard to set aside her personal attachment to two girls she's watched grow up. She's walking a tightrope between being best friends with Tina and her long-time working relationship with Shelly, and trying not to allow herself to show favoritism to two young ladies she's known all their lives.  

Regarding Victoria talking about Dayton being cut - I didn't get the vibe she was being flippant. Her "grinning" face seems to be a default expression. Every sound bite we've see of her she has that exact same expression. Talking about Dayton wasn't any different.  I also didn't think CMT was shoving Victoria down our throats. From reading here I thought she'd be in every single sound bite across the entire episode. 

If what people are saying about Victoria running behind candidates' backs and telling Kelli, Tina (who then tells Kelli) or Shelly or whomever in management about what so-and-so said is truly a thing, then I can completely understand why none of the Rookie TCCs wanted to expose their weaknesses in front of her. LOL  Victoria didn't actually give a weakness (on screen) when it came to her turn. She's learned the "give a strength as a weakness" gambit, and that'll do her well in job interviews!

I liked the episode. I also love seeing past DCCs and where they are now. I'd love for them to go back even further so we can meet some pre-DCC:MTT DCCs. That'd be very cool.

Also, is Jinelle Kelli's assistant now? We usually see a Vet taking TCCs from the field to talk with Kelli/Judy. This time it was Jinelle. ...Anyone?

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I liked Erin a lot even last year.   Her eyes are such a pretty blue color.  She also has good dance technique.

When they were sitting on the field, the camera panned by and Erin looked like Olivia R.  Whoever she worked with since last year did a great job.  There are no little mistakes, better balance, better showmanship.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

Also, is Jinelle Kelli's assistant now? We usually see a Vet taking TCCs from the field to talk with Kelli/Judy. This time it was Jinelle. ...Anyone?

These replies came from Judy during her live chat from this season's episode 8.

Jinelles role 1.jpg

Jinelles role 2.jpg

• Love 3

VK went to a high school with a VERY nice football field and stadium (I think they even have a practice field too). I’m sure, over the course of her 4 years there, with all of her DCC dreams/plans for the imminent future, she could have asked for and been given the opportunity to practice on that field. For that matter, I’m surprised more TCCs don’t do something similar. 

In non-VK news (yes, please!!!), um, did kitty actually call Madeline a cry baby?! Wow, what a sad woman. I thought only really mean TEN YEAR OLDS called someone that. Yes, that is unprofessional and not constructive or helpful. 

Edited by suebee18
  • Love 7

I liked that Kelli at least told Madeline how to move past the situation she was in. She advised her how to act in the locker room, even if it sounded a bit rude, and she told her to focus on her performance. She gave her good advice to help her get out of her head and realize that she can still make the team. 

I liked too that the episode showed them wondering a bit if Madeline could possibly be a little misunderstood because she’s not aware of how she comes across. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I thought Kristen and the brunette cut last week (Rachel?) were the same person.  The only difference I see is one wears more/heavier false eyelashes.

It's not Dayton I'm talking about.  It's the girl with false eyelashes so heavy she can barely hold her sleepy eyes open.  Maybe it really is Kristen and she varies how thick her eyelashes are?

3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Most people don’t have ready access to a football field complete w/ line markings and everything to practice on - I know the Kalina’s are supposed to be wealthy, but they must not be “buy their daughter a football field so she can rehearse the DCC entrance-wealthy” kind of people ;).

I think most, in the US, have access to a marked football field if they tried looking for one. I'm not suggesting they spend hours/days/weeks on field.  After extensively viewing youtube, do the "prance" 5-15 yards in the best shoe you own that resembles a boot (I think spending $500+ on luchesse is overboard) and call it a day.

After all this is your "dream' so might as well cover as many bases as you can. I think with each passing year, Judy's patience for mistakes on the entrance and kick-line/jump-split  is getting shorter. Lets try to keep the peace.

a) if they are in HS - find someone who is on the football team, cheerleader, marching band or track. Find out when practice is . ask coach if you can spend 15-30 min. off on onside side of the field. Our HS field is open on weekends mornings (at the minimum)  as many use the track for walking.

b) if they are in college (or an alumni) - same deal. find the above folks. and most colleges have more than one field. The main stadium might be off limits, though. They don't need to be in a facility that holds 100K+ on a given fall saturday afternoon.

c) post college - ok might have to look a little harder  for a marked field but surely somewhere you can mark off 10 yards (ie use chalk on a lot) and prance hitting the ball of your left foot. How far apart are parking spaces ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

It's not Dayton I'm talking about.  It's the girl with false eyelashes so heavy she can barely hold her sleepy eyes open.  Maybe it really is Kristen and she varies how thick her eyelashes are?

I thought Dayton as the only cut lask week, and the only brunette called into the office.

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I thought Dayton as the only cut lask week, and the only brunette called into the office.

I think I've just confused myself.  I think I thought Kristen was two different people depending on how heavy her makeup was.  Dayton is a lovely young woman with a lighter hand in the makeup area. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

All I can say about this episode is this: if I were Madeline, as soon as Kelli cut me off about my boot struggles by swiping her hands across her throat and started lecturing me about “we have 6 more cuts to make,” I would’ve stood up, taken my boots off, threw them on the table right in front of her, and said “now you have five.” No team is worth that amount of groveling to snotty, self-important bitches.

I’m officially done with this show. ✌️ 

See, now I’m going to need you to go to Dallas and audition, make TCC, and last long enough for field entrance JUST SO YOU CAN DO THIS and I can see the look on Kelli’s face!

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

See, now I’m going to need you to go to Dallas and audition, make TCC, and last long enough for field entrance JUST SO YOU CAN DO THIS and I can see the look on Kelli’s face!

No, no, no....make it to finals and before your solo, say "I'm going to give you something to cry about!!!!!"

• Love 6
3 hours ago, jlc said:

It is not in line with her background if she has been in the "program" since she was 10!

I doubt they have the little girls in these DCC programs actually do the real DCC entrance across the field.   For starters their legs would be way too short to get it done - and the logistics of spacing them out and giving them all a different yard line to stop on would be ridiculous.   I don’t think they get in a triangle and perform Thunderstruck and jump splits like the real DCC. Lol. 

1 hour ago, sATL said:

I think most, in the US, have access to a marked football field if they tried looking for one. I'm not suggesting they spend hours/days/weeks on field.  After extensively viewing youtube, do the "prance" 5-15 yards in the best shoe you own that resembles a boot (I think spending $500+ on luchesse is overboard) and call it a day.

After all this is your "dream' so might as well cover as many bases as you can. I think with each passing year, Judy's patience for mistakes on the entrance and kick-line/jump-split  is getting shorter. Lets try to keep the peace.

a) if they are in HS - find someone who is on the football team, cheerleader, marching band or track. Find out when practice is . ask coach if you can spend 15-30 min. off on onside side of the field. Our HS field is open on weekends mornings (at the minimum)  as many use the track for walking.

b) if they are in college (or an alumni) - same deal. find the above folks. and most colleges have more than one field. The main stadium might be off limits, though. They don't need to be in a facility that holds 100K+ on a given fall saturday afternoon.

c) post college - ok might have to look a little harder  for a marked field but surely somewhere you can mark off 10 yards (ie use chalk on a lot) and prance hitting the ball of your left foot. How far apart are parking spaces ?

Or just learn it when your taught it like any competent dancer can do.   Knowing and repetitively practicing things a head of time to get an edge over others is often only necessary when you’re someone who can’t pick up and remember things just taught to you very well.

There’s also a risk you could be practicing it wrong cause you don’t have a teacher’s feedback and have wrong motions committed to muscle memory that you can’t stop doing in front of K&J.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1

Miranda is only being honest when she became upset when she heard Kitty said something about her hair and that it could change K&J opinion of her.  Obviously, this is what the team feels and she inadvertently said it out loud.  Not a good vibe for the team to have a mentor make them feel that way, especially about hair!

Now the other cheerleader knows to watch her back in the locker room, and that everyone is not there to be friends. This callout shows how the vets want to keep a ranking order.  Talk less, listen more..nobody cares if you have had previous experience.  I wish somehow DCC understands, all of the time, what it is to have each other’s back & enjoy the experience.  They are an elite team of 36.  Pull for each other to be successful.  I remember a rookie had her 1st game and the vet told her it was a rookie mistake to wash her hair before the game; the hair would be harder to maintain the shape for the duration of the game.  That should have been told before game day. Support each other, give advice & listen to new people too.  Everyone has had life experiences.   

VK. She seems pissed that Kelli has put her in a situation she doesn’t like.  It truly looked like she was mad at Kelli (like I wouldn’t have had a fallout with Jinelle if  you wouldn’t have put me in this position to begin with) and/or offer Jinelle as support. Or she doesn’t like being in the position of the overweight TCC.  

Reading through the posts too, everyone has had contact with a toxic person or situation and in the work place it usually trickles down from top to bottom, in my opinion.  

Edited by Jazzmom
Sp
  • Love 4

These ladies do get a lot of conflicting information. Talk less, listen more but make sure engaged at all times. Don't look disinterested or you will be called out for not being driven but don't be too driven because it will look like you are not here for the team. Do all this while giving hugs and smiling but watching your back. Must be an emotionally exhausting process to be a DCC TC. Props to all the young ladies for putting up with the process. 

• Love 16

Honestly, I thought K&J meeting with Madeline with either just for the show or insanely petty & gross. It’s feels like they doesn’t want any rookie confident they has to be shaking in their boots. And  the Veterans who complained that she’s helping other rookies WTF is wrong with them. It seem so Toxic. 

Another, Useless Melissa rehearsal. If i was one of the girls I would be like why am I wasting my time with this. And she was insanely petty with Rachel also she seemed Jealous of her or something. 

• Love 3

One of them said something about going five steps in four yards (something like that) and how it made no sense, and I was like 'Same, girl. Same.'

I didn't think that was a scowl. I thought it was an honest reaction. And I didn't think anything was wrong with it.

Kelli chill. You're being an absolute bitch. 

Lily resembles Ione Skye (Diane Court in Say Anything). 

I definitely see how Melissa Rycroft can be annoying, but I think she provides simple, helpful feedback.

Did Kristen talk herself back into the game? Sounded like Kelli let her go.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I know the Kalina’s are supposed to be wealthy, but they must not be “buy their daughter a football field so she can rehearse the DCC entrance-wealthy” kind of people ;).

I can see this being her backstory/sob story since this show has become pretty ridiculous. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

One of them said something about going five steps in four yards (something like that) and how it made no sense, and I was like 'Same, girl. Same.'

This part confuses me so much. Does she normally walk exactly one yard, making this extra difficult?? (Probably not!) What difference does the measurement of the space you are covering make? You need to walk 4 steps between here and there, so figure out how much that is and then do it.  

• Love 5
On 9/28/2018 at 6:46 PM, go4luca said:

Expensive as heck.  Jinelle shared on the live Twitter last night that each pair is custom made for each cheerleader.  I can't even imagine how much that costs. =:-O

Probably $10. Then put it a box with the right name and wait for the money to roll in. 

• Love 3

This was a really confusing episode. I still don’t really know what Madeline did other than move to a different locker, which would’ve happened weeks ago. I remember when they had chemistry issues with Chelsea (I think) being toxic after getting a weight warning, but they showed that on screen.  It was easy for the viewers to see what was up. That said, Madeline comes off as the type who could be a Mean Girl. Maybe it’s because she looks and talks like a less attractive Gretchen Wieners. 

Kristen’s office scene was even more confusing. I was curious why Kelli was asking her so many questions at the start cause she usually doesn’t do that with cuts. She usually explains why they aren’t making the team and gives them the last night speech. Kristen’s meeting was not like that, so it was surprising  to me that she got cut, but then she didn’t! She gets another week to somehow change the fact that she looks like a lost puppy. 

Some other odds and ends from the episode. Ashley definitely was my star of the episode...There were some rookies that I don’t remember seeing at all prior to this episode...I have always loved Kitty for her sass, but I can see why many hate her. She has really jumped the shark for me...I love Malena, but it ain’t happening...I don’t see what the appeal of the soft talker is. She didn’t look good on the field. She’s pretty, but not as gorgeous as everyone on screen seems to think. Different strokes for different folks I guess...I love Daphne and wish she had more screen time. 

• Love 7

One more thing I forgot to mention. How does that girl not know about MeToo? Does she not have ANY social media accounts? Does she live in a hut in a remote village? I get 99% of my need from Twitter, of which 99% of my followees are sports related, yet I am fully aware of MeToo. Crawl out from under the rock lady. I didn’t see the Jinelle/Victoria stuff on the preview and I’m wondering if it was because I was dumbstruck with her ignorance. 

• Love 11
On 9/27/2018 at 10:17 PM, Kate2006 said:

Why haven't they cut Malena yet? 

Melissa Rycroft looked weird tonight. She was dressed like a 12 year old and looks a lot older than her age with her lip injections and her strange hair color.

Marshall is hot. 

Man has a great body and unafraid to show it.

C0025E13-26BD-4E4C-87F6-349156E81739.jpeg

• Love 3
13 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

.  I don’t see why VK has a higher expectation for this than the other girls    It’s very in line w/ her background that she’s never done it before.

She’s been “in the program” since she was ten years old and grew up around it. If anyone should show up game/field ready it should be the legacies IMO. They grew up with all of the advantages in the world and should be complete shoo-ins based on their connections, experience, and training.

The studio I grew up in kept the same (heavily borrowed from Balanchine) choreography for Nutcracker and dancers grew up watching the older girls so by the time we got to be old enough to be a flower or the Sugar Plum Fairy we already knew the choreography and just needed polishing. I would have expected something similar from Dayton and Victoria.

You can see brunette Taylor and Hannah practicing while they’re sitting down in almost every shot of Kelly and Judy in the studio. I love that. It reminded me of when Michelle Keys came and Judy said she would know the choreography perfectly if she’d be sitting for a long time. 

• Love 4