Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E09 Field of Fears

EricaShadows
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

She has an excuse of being 18 years old.  I’m 46 and I don’t know exactly what “clean eating” means - and I really doubt most recent HS graduates do - does that mean buy all organic stuff and/or nothing w/ preservatives?

And how does that make you lose weight?  You can still eat healthy food and be overweight.

I just think there would be much better resources  for VK to use than this Jinelle thing.  That’s no reason for her to be rude though cause Jinelle is just doing what she’s told by Kelli and trying to help, but I don’t think it was some amazing and wonderful help that would have fixed everything.

She could have went to Jay for help or one of the nutritionist at The Star for help, but she did not do it. It is all on her and no one else. I think Tina played a role in it also.

40 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I thought the same and then read @LaurenBrook's assessment so now I'm not so sure.

i really don't feel at all confident on commenting on how Victoria really was in TC.  I have heard such contradicting things from reliable sources that I'm not sure what to believe anymore.  I always assume that the truth lies somewhere in the midst of it all. 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, go4luca said:

IIRC, Holly P. was 18 her rookie year and had her weight challenges.  Yet she applied herself and leaned out.  I get every person's metabolism responds differently and it's usually a combo of things (diet, exercise, the right attitude) that bring about slimming down.  But VK didn't seem to even care to give an excellent opportunity a chance so using the age argument doesn't jive for me.

Holly P. was always struggling w/ her weight - she went up and down her whole tenure on the squad and she was called in multiple times as a TCC and then called out as a veteran as well.   Holly was an off the charts amazing dancer and performer - they looked the other way on her weight because of this.

I also don’t think she’s the best example of “attitude” being that she was partying all the time and fraternizing w/ players as early as her first season.   She was also constantly kissing up via friendships w/ Charlottes daughter and even SF.

Also a force her way to the front type of girl.  I just don’t think she’s a picture of maturity and class for an 18 year old DCC either.  These girls are just immature and selfish cause that’s how 18 year olds are.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

She has an excuse of being 18 years old.  I’m 46 and I don’t know exactly what “clean eating” means - and I really doubt most recent HS graduates do - does that mean buy all organic stuff and/or nothing w/ preservatives?

And how does that make you lose weight?  You can still eat healthy food and be overweight.

I just think there would be much better resources  for VK to use than this Jinelle thing.  That’s no reason for her to be rude though cause Jinelle is just doing what she’s told by Kelli and trying to help, but I don’t think it was some amazing and wonderful help that would have fixed everything.

Following... what about meat ? All meat ? Bread? Pasta?

Another board (show) we had a lengthly discussion about Alfredo & tomato/Mariana sauce in a jar vs. making your own (which could take hours) so it would be clean(-er)..

Unless the parents are clean eaters and/or its taught in HS Health... Now college dining halls ? hmmm...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, AnDieT said:

I didn't see Malea at the nursing home and she doesn't have a job, so why wasn't she there?! Not saying you're wrong, just wondering if they just brought the best along...

They were all there. They were split into two different teams but all the dancing got spliced together in editing. Dayton was there. Malena was there.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

i really don't feel at all confident on commenting on how Victoria really was in TC.  I have heard such contradicting things from reliable sources that I'm not sure what to believe anymore.  I always assume that the truth lies somewhere in the midst of it all. 

I don't think any of us are holding you personally accountable so no worries.  I have a feeling it's a combo of the stated things and we all know how this forum likes to discuss and dissect things, lol. 

8 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Holly P. was always struggling w/ her weight - she went up and down her whole tenure on the squad and she was called in multiple times as a TCC and then called out as a veteran as well.   Holly was an off the charts amazing dancer and performer - they looked the other way on her weight because of this.

I also don’t think she’s the best example of “attitude” being that she was partying all the time and fraternizing w/ players as early as her first season.   She was also constantly kissing up via friendships w/ Charlottes daughter and even SF.

Also a force her way to the front type of girl.  I just don’t think she’s a picture of maturity and class for an 18 year old DCC either.  These girls are just immature and selfish cause that’s how 18 year olds are.

You are entitled to disagree, all good.  I know by your posts you are a defender of VK and that's your perogative as is anyone's opinion here.  I stand by my take that I can't accept the excuse that VK is only 18.  There have been other 18 year olds in TC that have been able to hold themselves accountable and with maturity.

• Love 14
39 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I feel the same way, but I still want to know why the locker thing wasn't dealt with at the time it happened. 

I didn't see the episode yet, so maybe I should STFU, but is it possible this happened weeks ago (in show time) but was just then brought up to Kelli?

• Love 1

Re: Nursing home visit - I remember thinking it was a smaller group and was surprised some rookies got "out of it". Kelli said something at the beginning to the nursing home lady that the group would spill out into the arch ways so maybe some of the rookies didn't make the shot? Either way it was very nice nursing home and I don't know that it counts as "do gooding" kwim? I guess rich people get lonely too.

This was a very boring episode and I don't know that I'll be able to rewatch. 

Have they done Cameos this season? Dying to see VK in her uniform. 

There was a poster behind Kelli during the office scenes but I couldn't figure out which Vet it was. It almost looked like Danielle, but it must have been a newer poster. Anyone catch it?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, NoChtngWhenEtng said:

Re: Nursing home visit - I remember thinking it was a smaller group and was surprised some rookies got "out of it". Kelli said something at the beginning to the nursing home lady that the group would spill out into the arch ways so maybe some of the rookies didn't make the shot? Either way it was very nice nursing home and I don't know that it counts as "do gooding" kwim? I guess rich people get lonely too.

There was a poster behind Kelli during the office scenes but I couldn't figure out which Vet it was. It almost looked like Danielle, but it must have been a newer poster. Anyone catch it?

They were all there. They were split into two teams. In the editing room it all got spliced together but if you watch carefully you can see that the groupings are different. These editors for CMT apparently are heavy on the "cut and paste and cutaway and zoom and whoosh and  cut and paste" -- gives me a headache.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, NoChtngWhenEtng said:

Yeah - I noticed the Danielle poster.   She looked pretty.  Her tenure had a lot of controversy, but looking back she was a good DCC - had her struggles, but overcame them.   Genuine personality.  

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I must just be hard hearted, but I really don't' get the 'she's only 18' excuse. my parents expected me to be an adult at 18. I cooked and cared for myself and had done so for years because my parents wanted me to be able to do so at university - ie I was expected to do my own laundry from about 9ish and helped out with cooking from about 6 until I could cook myself and then I helped during the work week taking making evening meals a few nights a week for the family. i thought it was stupid until I met people at uni who literally couldn't boil water and didn't know how to make pasta and were pparently too dumb to either ask for help or read the back of the packet and so nearly set the dorm on fire.  at 18 you're old enough to join the army, marry, vote drive, buy a house, and in my country drink.  if you can do all that but don't know that eating junk isn't good for you, then your parents and education system have failed you.  also she's' of a generation that knows full damn well what clean eating is - ie eating whole foods in their natural state and not processed foods and refined sugars - and even those that don't are well aware of what is and isn't junk food, especially a girl that's been dancing for about 16 years.  but again. maybe I was just never allowed the 'she's only 18' excuse when I was that age so I don't see why others should get away with nonsense just because they're 18. she's not a child.

• Love 18

Regarding the Jinelle thing, isn’t she also technically a coordinator and assistant for the DCC?  So regardless of her background and nutrition knowledge, she is one of the coaches who is there to assist. 

No one has ever accused Kelli and Judy of being unhelpful because they didn’t have to do the jumpsplit when they were DCC.. ultimately they are the coaches and the judges of who makes the team. 

I don’t see Jinelle as being assigned as a “nutrition expert” or someone who has had similar issues with weight; if so, they could have paired up VK with another girl on the team, like her GL Kashara. Jinelle was standing in as an assistant coach, a mentor and likely a second set of eyes for Kelli. Regardless of what VK (or viewers) think of Jinelle and how helpful she can be, she is part of the staff and that’s what makes this all the more irresponsible.

Edited by Stee
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Stee said:

Regarding the Jinelle thing, isn’t she also technically a coordinator and assistant for the DCC?  So regardless of her background and nutrition knowledge, she is one of the coaches who is there to assist. 

No one has ever accused Kelli and Judy of being unhelpful because they didn’t have to do the jumpsplit when they were DCC.. ultimately they are the coaches and the judges of who makes the team. 

I don’t see Jinelle as being necessarily a “nutrition coach” or someone who has had similar issues; if so, they could have paired up VK with another girl on the team, like her GL Kashara or someone else. Jinelle was acting as an assistant coach, a mentor and likely a second set of eyes for Kelli. Regardless of what VK (or viewers) think of Jinelle and how helpful she can be, she is part of the staff and that’s what makes this all the more irresponsible.

I see her role as a bit like an AA sponsor. now yes, most/all (im not familiar) AA sponsors are in recovery themselves BUT I use that as my example to be like when you're having a craving, or if yppou're not sure if you should take something prescribed by a doctor, you call your sponsor. I see Jinelle's role kinda like that. if VK was climbing the walls with a craving for something particular, she could call Jinelle who could give advice on something healthier that'd curb that craving at a fraction of the calories and fat. if she was unsure while shopping, she could shoot Jinelle a text about what might be a better option a or b or does she think this recipe looks good for meal prep? that sort of thing. sorta part way between gym buddy and coach - someone else going through it with you, but not just a friend, someone able to hold you a little more accountable than a friend might and encouraging you along.

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I didn't see the episode yet, so maybe I should STFU, but is it possible this happened weeks ago (in show time) but was just then brought up to Kelli?

I thought Kelli herself saw it.  I thought someone else mentioned it but I can't find the quote.  Time for a re-watch, but I hate watching the office scenes this year:(

45 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I also don’t think she’s the best example of “attitude” being that she was partying all the time and fraternizing w/ players as early as her first season.

OK, I did come late to these forums, but I have been a true fan of the show for a long time, but someone has to either PM me about this statement (are we talking about Holly) or someone needs to send me to the place that it was discussed so I can read all about i! Please!!!

6 minutes ago, jlc said:

OK, I did come late to these forums, but I have been a true fan of the show for a long time, but someone has to either PM me about this statement (are we talking about Holly) or someone needs to send me to the place that it was discussed so I can read all about i! Please!!!

sent you a pm

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, jlc said:

The OP was discussing Holly P. and the quote you shared wasn't from me.  It was from @MyFavShows so I'll leave it to her to respond if she wants.  She took it beyond what I was posting about, which was her age of 18 and being able to control her weight without using her younger age as an excuse.

• Love 1

Yeah, Victoria. I'm sure you cried a river of tears.

I have a feeling Kristin was arguing for her spot much like Whitney very unattractively did a couple of seasons ago. We clearly did not see the whole conversation on that one. Kristin is fortunate Kelli did not put laser burns on her heart when those brown eyes flashed at her. Eeeyikes!!!!

You GO, Erin!!!!! Whoopwhoop!!!

20180928_155635.jpg

Edited by tinabee1967
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Yeah, Victoria. I'm sure you cried a river of tears.

I have a feeling Kristin was arguing for her spot much like Whitney very unattractively did a couple of seasons ago. We clearly did not see the whole conversation on that one. Kristin is fortunate Kelli did not put laser burns on her heart when those brown eyes flashed at her. Eeeyikes!!!!

You GO, Erin!!!!! Whoopwhoop!!!

20180928_155635.jpg

Kristin's scene in the office probably was heavily edited to make her look bad.

7 minutes ago, bourbon said:

So much of this. My husband and I have been watching for years for the fun and the snark. (I don't follow DCC in the off-season. I don't follow any of them on social media.. I don't have an opinion about VK or Dayton or any of them beyond what I see on the show.) But this just might be my last. It physically hurt to watch Miranda's visceral and immediate reaction to having her hair criticized after being told that any little thing could be the reason they're cut. Don't know if it was also because I had been watching the Kavanaugh hearings earlier, but tears actually came to my eyes. I get that their free women and being on DCC is a real coup, but I find myself wondering why anyone would put themselves through this treatment. Being told you have to be sexy but not too sexy. Smart but not too opinionated and not controversial. Being told that being an active, fit athlete and a perfectly acceptable weight, you're too fat...all in the guise of "We're worried about your health! Our uniform is unforgiving! We're worried you'll get made fun of if you look heavy on the Jumbotron!" Gah, it's borderline abusive. Breaking down these girls in body and spirit, paying them a pittance, pitching them against each other, and then telling them that they're lucky to be there. I hope the girls who were cut this year *don't* come back.  They dodged a bullet as far as I can tell.

I felt terrible for Madeline after her first office chat. Being told that the girls (at least the vets) didn't like her and then having to walk through the gauntlet of hugs and WEE LOOOVE YOOOOUS after she wasn't cut. How awful for her knowing that some or at least one of these girls who was know rejoicing she hadn't been cut was one who narced to Kelli in the first place.

I think I'm out. Maybe it's the just America 2018 for me, but this does not seem like something women should be doing to each other or themselves. 

This may well be my last viewing year. I used to like the faint cattiness and the drama which used to feel more organic and less contrived. Now it feels one step away from scripted. you can guess what someone is going to say, few, if any of the critiques are of any use to the girls - crispy bacon - more and more they seem to set girls up to fail,. the cattiness has become bitchiness and cruelty. and the girls seems more and more fragile. no thank you please. it seems like the atmosphere is becoming more toxic, not less and Im not down for that. maybe its a reaction to the S***Tshow of last year that they're overcorrecting to ensure it doesn't happen again, but when girls are bursting into tears at just being asked to turn around so they can see the hair because she thinks shes getting cut for it, and an unpolished and at times brattish girl is running roughshod over the Directors, its not fun to watch anymore. its all manufactured drama, sloppy editing so you can tell when dubbing has happened and when something is being claimed as later in the day but then you see a clock and it's hours earlier than they claim...it feels phoned in and phony and Im not here for it

• Love 20
20 minutes ago, bourbon said:

So much of this. My husband and I have been watching for years for the fun and the snark. (I don't follow DCC in the off-season. I don't follow any of them on social media.. I don't have an opinion about VK or Dayton or any of them beyond what I see on the show.) But this just might be my last. It physically hurt to watch Miranda's visceral and immediate reaction to having her hair criticized after being told that any little thing could be the reason they're cut. Don't know if it was also because I had been watching the Kavanaugh hearings earlier, but tears actually came to my eyes. I get that they're free women and being on DCC is a real coup, but I find myself wondering why anyone would put themselves through this treatment. Being told you have to be sexy but not too sexy. Smart but not too opinionated and not controversial. Being told that despite being an active, fit athlete and a perfectly acceptable weight, you're too fat...all in the guise of "We're worried about your health! Our uniform is unforgiving! We're worried you'll get made fun of if you look heavy on the Jumbotron!" Gah, it's borderline abusive. Breaking down these girls in body and spirit, paying them a pittance, pitching them against each other, and then telling them that they're lucky to be there. I hope the girls who were cut this year *don't* come back.  They dodged a bullet as far as I can tell.

YES! 

• Love 7

So who is the TCC who didn't know what the #MeToo movement was in the preview for next week? Was it Taylor J.? I groaned when I heard her say it.  I can't recall the season but Zoe got cut for saying Cowboys Coach Tom Landry was still alive when he's been deceased for years. She got cut the same night she said it. Being an ambassador risk can get you booted fast.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

So who is the TCC who didn't know what the #MeToo movement was in the preview for next week? Was it Taylor J.? I groaned when I heard her say it.  I can't recall the season but Zoe got cut for saying Cowboys Coach Tom Landry was still alive when he's been deceased for years. She got cut the same night she said it. Being an ambassador risk can get you booted fast.

Taylor T.

• Love 4

Had to buy this episode on Amazon because I got too impatient waiting on iTunes. Whoah. An interesting episode that I'm still digesting. The Kristin not-yet-cut scene must have been edited; otherwise, it doesn't make sense. Still, I agree, that Kelli's facials, attitude, and "we're done talking" moments were harsh and Mean Girl-esque. I don't understand what it is that Kristin doesn't understand about their critiques, though. They have said a million times to look more lively and powerful and cheerful while dancing! So, yes, girl, add punch and power to your moves. Yes, smile more. Yes, look up off the floor and perform like you're happy to be there. From day one, she has moved more slowly and with less apparent steam than most of the other TCCs. I understand that she's driving a million miles a week and must be exhausted, but I don't understand what she doesn't get about the missing "wow factor" critique. Just go watch some of the wow vets and emulate them. I'm over her. Seems like a sweet young lady and she's beautiful, but I'm ready for her to go. Honestly, after someone talked to me like Kelli did to her, I would 1) not be begging to stay, and 2) not have stayed after they changed their minds.

I would have liked to hear much more from Gina than Melissa in the rookie practice session. Gina's hair looked kind of ratchet in that scene, though.

Loved "meeting" Ashley and Cianna in this episode. Ashley is a very impressive young lady! I think Cianna reminds me more of Sydney than Kat (someone earlier posted pics of C and K side by side). The spunky and clean dance style (Kat was often less sharp and more blah in her dancing to me than Cianna or Sydney), the blonde hair and big brown eyes, the petite frame and the curly hair. I get it that it's not everyone's dream to be a cheerleader, but I felt so awful when she said that a room full of hundreds of parents laughed at her when she dared to tell the group her dream to be a DCC. As an educator, I don't believe that it's right to laugh at anyone's dreams or goals or dismiss or belittle young people in any way. So, seriously, good for her for not letting elders dim her vision and for taking risks and going for what she really wants! I've thought she is a fun performer since auditions and her intro this week made me more of a fan. 

Not sure how I'm going to wait til next week to see what went down with VK and Jinelle. CMT, please be generous with the edits--show us what happens, what all is said, who says it, and be sure to include reaction shots of Judy and Jinelle's faces as this all unfolds. Thankssomuch! 

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Had to buy this episode on Amazon because I got too impatient waiting on iTunes. Whoah. An interesting episode that I'm still digesting. The Kristin not-yet-cut scene must have been edited; otherwise, it doesn't make sense. Still, I agree, that Kelli's facials, attitude, and "we're done talking" moments were harsh and Mean Girl-esque. I don't understand what it is that Kristin doesn't understand about their critiques, though. They have said a million times to look more lively and powerful and cheerful while dancing! So, yes, girl, add punch and power to your moves. Yes, smile more. Yes, look up off the floor and perform like you're happy to be there. From day one, she has moved more slowly and with less apparent steam than most of the other TCCs. I understand that she's driving a million miles a week and must be exhausted, but I don't understand what she doesn't get about the missing "wow factor" critique. Just go watch some of the wow vets and emulate them. I'm over her. Seems like a sweet young lady and she's beautiful, but I'm ready for her to go. Honestly, after someone talked to me like Kelli did to her, I would 1) not be begging to stay, and 2) not have stayed after they changed their minds.

I would have liked to hear much more from Gina than Melissa in the rookie practice session. Gina's hair looked kind of ratchet in that scene, though.

Loved "meeting" Ashley and Cianna in this episode. Ashley is a very impressive young lady! I think Cianna reminds me more of Sydney than Kat (someone earlier posted pics of C and K side by side). The spunky and clean dance style (Kat was often less sharp and more blah in her dancing to me than Cianna or Sydney), the blonde hair and big brown eyes, the petite frame and the curly hair. I get it that it's not everyone's dream to be a cheerleader, but I felt so awful when she said that a room full of hundreds of parents laughed at her when she dared to tell the group her dream to be a DCC. As an educator, I don't believe that it's right to laugh at anyone's dreams or goals or dismiss or belittle young people in any way. So, seriously, good for her for not letting elders dim her vision and for taking risks and going for what she really wants! I've thought she is a fun performer since auditions and her intro this week made me more of a fan. 

Not sure how I'm going to wait til next week to see what went down with VK and Jinelle. CMT, please be generous with the edits--show us what happens, what all is said, who says it, and be sure to include reaction shots of Judy and Jinelle's faces as this all unfolds. Thankssomuch! 

The editing from Kristin's meeting was so wonky! I couldn't follow what the heck was going on because clearly parts were taken out of it. As a result, I had to ask my husband, "You mean, they let her stay?" because it was so odd. It reminded me a bit of Jackie's cut a few years ago where she talked them into letting her stay one more night and Kelli said, "Well, you're the first one to ever make me change my mind."  But honestly, the writing has been on the wall for a while. This is not Kristin's year and it's time to think about next year's audition.

Concerning Melissa and Gina's session with the rookies. I don't know if it was (again) the edit but Gina barely said two words and what she said I could barely hear. Maybe Melissa dominated the session and Gina didn't want to overstep? I was puzzled by Melissa's appearance because at auditions, her hair and outfit looked so much more pulled together and professional than it has in the past. At this session, she lapsed back into "Forever 21" mode in both hair and dress. I'm not saying she has to dress like an old lady but you don't have to dress Juniors Dept. to be relatable to the TCCs.

I liked meeting Ashlee and Cianna as well. Love love love Ashlee's story! She has a good head on her shoulders, clearly, and is driven to meet her goals. Poor girl doesn't even have a stable place to stay because of family moving, too. I find it frustrating that Kelli and Judy always find one rookie to hammer on after the first night on the field about missing lines or wrong movement, etc. It's the FIRST NIGHT, for freak sake! Give them at least one night to adjust to it, this is hard work. Ashlee held her own in her meeting with them, then came back the next night and (I thought) did much better. Half the battle is not letting yourself get defeated and Ashlee didn't let them happen. GO ASHLEE!

Looks like next week the crap is gonna hit the fan with VK. I can hardly weight, I mean, wait. ;-)

• Love 18
3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I adore Jinelle, but I do think there are and could be better resources.  And I did think Jinelle was an interesting vet to partner her with because she is naturally thin and may not have experienced weight loss challenges.  That said, I would NEVER say those thoughts OUT LOUD.  I realize we don't know what happened and they edit things oddly so we will have to see next week but take what advise you can get from Jinelle and see a personal trainer or nutritionist on your own.  Or better yet, meet with Kelli privately and ask if it would be possible to be paired with another vet who had weight challenges and successfully corrected them.  Ugh.  I just can't even imagine what Jinelle thought.  Disgusted by the two sentences I heard!

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

The editing from Kristin's meeting was so wonky! I couldn't follow what the heck was going on because clearly parts were taken out of it. As a result, I had to ask my husband, "You mean, they let her stay?" because it was so odd.

Kelli’a comment about there’s no need to have a conversation, then Kristin saying, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. She wasn’t crying. She was being real. And maybe, maybe, Kelli finally got the fact that they need to communicate better than they have been. I’m seriously guessing here but maybe that is why they let her stay.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Kelli’a comment about there’s no need to have a conversation, then Kristin saying, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. She wasn’t crying. She was being real. And maybe, maybe, Kelli finally got the fact that they need to communicate better than they have been. I’m seriously guessing here but maybe that is why they let her stay.

What was it - season 6?  Where Kelli was trying to tell them they were the final squad and it just went over like a lead balloon?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Yes, Victoria.....it was heartbreaking. I am *still* not over it, for REAL!!

OK that emoji was so funny!  I almost peed myself!    Don't hold back, tell us what you think about VK.  One toothy smiley face at a time!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Oh, I agree she was being real. And YES they do need to communicate better.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I adore Jinelle, but I do think there are and could be better resources.  And I did think Jinelle was an interesting vet to partner her with because she is naturally thin and may not have experienced weight loss challenges.  That said, I would NEVER say those thoughts OUT LOUD.  I realize we don't know what happened and they edit things oddly so we will have to see next week but take what advise you can get from Jinelle and see a personal trainer or nutritionist on your own.  Or better yet, meet with Kelli privately and ask if it would be possible to be paired with another vet who had weight challenges and successfully corrected them.  Ugh.  I just can't even imagine what Jinelle thought.  Disgusted by the two sentences I heard!

I get what you are saying but Jinelle has been an athlete/dancer her entire life and treats her body as such. By her giving VK a different mindset about food as an athlete does, could have changed VK's perspective on what she needs to do to become what she wants. A DCC. 

I honestly believe that if Kelli made an appointment with a nutritionist for VK and had the nutritionist in the meeting with them, VK still would not have followed through.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I get what you are saying but Jinelle has been an athlete/dancer her entire life and treats her body as such. By her giving VK a different mindset about food as an athlete does, could have changed VK's perspective on what she needs to do to become what she wants. A DCC. 

I honestly believe that if Kelli made an appointment with a nutritionist for VK and had the nutritionist in the meeting with them, VK still would not have followed through.

Personally I'd be thrilled to be mentored by Jinelle, she's kind and honest. Victoria likes junk food too much. That is literally the end of it - there's no way you can be dancing that much and gaining weight unless your calorie intake is crazy (ok ok or you have a thyroid issue or whatever). 

The fact that Jinelle will have a no excuses mentality to diet is what VK needs. 

I personally find this group of rookies full of excuses and on the immature side - excellent dancers but it really is excuse.com - from tardiness to slow learning I feel like every epi is a lot of whining! 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Jinelle was consulting with a nutritionist when she was asked to help Victoria. She was not just given Victoria her very own tips and suggestions. Victoria had The Star gym or whatever they call full of nutritionist and personal trainer she could have went to, and bet Jinelle would have been willing to go with her if she meet up with Jay or one of the nutritionist and/or personal trainer. Sorry Victoria you did it to yourself.

16 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

@ShellyB - J&K are repeatedly shown saying how strong this season is - is that reality TV talk or was it really that competitive?

The rookie class is full of girls that have strong college dance team backgrounds. I think Erin and Jalyn are the only two that were dance majors in college, not on teams...Jalyn, of course, has Flight Crew experience. 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I agree with everything you said.  I am just saying my initial reaction was that of VKs... but I would accepted any and all help offered and SAID nothing.  And Jinelle is staff so it is like saying a big flip to basically your potential boss and admin.  like I said, disgusted by VK apparent response.

• Love 6

OMG sorry if this is an overpost but I wanted to throw my laptop when VK said 

"I didn't realise how specific your foot had to be on the yardline..."

HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT???? Have you never watched this show???? Ball of the foot / middle of the line. The entrance is one of the most common cut incidents - HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW??? She must have been lying because it is such a massive thing that everyone talks about every year and it's a straightforward part of field blocking. 

I would have cut her there and then Miss "I grew up obsessing about DCC". One of my biggest rage moments every watching this show. 

• Love 12

I'm watching last night's episode again now.  The segment with Melissa Rycroft shows many little clips of Victoria dancing.   I guess I'm in the minority because I think she's great.  

Sure, she's a big dancer, but she's a good dancer.  Sure she's a tiny bit chubby, but I think it looks better than stick thin.  Sure that's not the point that others have been cut for being 'overweight', but to me she looks attractive and real.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

OMG sorry if this is an overpost but I wanted to throw my laptop when VK said 

"I didn't realise how specific your foot had to be on the yardline..."

HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT???? Have you never watched this show???? Ball of the foot / middle of the line. The entrance is one of the most common cut incidents - HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW??? She must have been lying because it is such a massive thing that everyone talks about every year and it's a straightforward part of field blocking. 

I would have cut her there and then Miss "I grew up obsessing about DCC". One of my biggest rage moments every watching this show. 

It was a rediculous comment if you know anything about this show.  Is it Kelli or Judy always yelling -"LINES!!!!!"... but I suspect it was a talking heads comment CMT gave her.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

I adore Jinelle, but I do think there are and could be better resources.  And I did think Jinelle was an interesting vet to partner her with because she is naturally thin and may not have experienced weight loss challenges.  That said, I would NEVER say those thoughts OUT LOUD.  

Haha this EXACTLY!  Don't say that out loud girl!  Spin the wheel and buy a clue! 

Just another display of immaturity.  

• Love 4

Melissa looked like a young girl impersonating 80s era Cyndi Lauper.  

Mirandas crying was kind of tragic.  yiiiiikes

Sasha Agent is was and ever shall be EXQUISITE.   

Marshall seemed to be wearing a kilt with giant safety pins while he was in the Highlander Stadium stands--so apropos.   I loved his face when he told Erin was a bombshell.  Just can't get enuff Marshall he is sunshine.   

Is it unheard of for a TCC to buy some Lucchese boots and practice in them beforehand?  Are they prohibitively $$$? Just wondering because it seems it would be a bitch to dance in those for the first time on a sweltering night of camp in front if the CMT cameras.   

I cant quite believe they didn't pull the plug on Kristen.   Her demeanor is just off putting and strange- all dancing / wow lack aside.  

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Is it unheard of for a TCC to buy some Lucchese boots and practice in them beforehand?  Are they prohibitively $$$? Just wondering because it seems it would be a bitch to dance in those for the first time on a sweltering night of camp in front if the CMT cameras.   

Lucchese boots start at about $300, and go up from there.  There are some that can cost $3,000.

• Love 2