Type keyword(s) to search

Season 37: Are YOU a David or a Goliath?

AZChristian
  • Start Topic

I'm enjoying the theme and thinking about it!

My older brother is the PERFECT example of a David.  He's a completely self made man who had no help growing up - worse than no help, but I won't get into it.

My other sibling and I are kind of half and half.  Grew up kind of like Davids, but are now kind of experiencing life like Goliaths.  But I feel like I'm not doing enough with my privilege.  I'm just extremely grateful for it.

My parents are definitely Davids.  Especially my mother.

I had a few roommates in college, and there was one I definitely always thought was a Goliath.  I used to be a little bitter but I like to think I've grown!  LOL

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

David was not a great dude; he sent a guy off to die in an impossible battle so he could screw his wife, etc.  (I do like that he danced naked with all his might before the Lord, scandalizing his wife.)  If I have to chose a person from the book of Samuel to be, I'll take the Witch of Endor.

• Love 3

If I had to choose, I would guess that I'd be classed as an innocent bystander.

I'm the one who would be standing on the sidelines shouting my dang fool mouth off when David would have reared up and flung his sling (flunged? his sling) and his stone would have caught me smack dab in the forehead. That would have been it for me and that season. I'd be out cold like a mackrel. Have you ever seen a mackrel that got smacked in the head and was out like a light?

It's not a pretty sight. That's all I can say about that.

On 9/28/2018 at 2:53 PM, KimberStormer said:

David was not a great dude; he sent a guy off to die in an impossible battle so he could screw his wife, etc.  (I do like that he danced naked with all his might before the Lord, scandalizing his wife.)  If I have to chose a person from the book of Samuel to be, I'll take the Witch of Endor.

David dood that? I don't recall any of that in the Good Book. Maybe there is a bad book somewhere that would chronicle those events? I'd like to know but I just never heard anything like that before.

4 hours ago, MissBluxom said:

David dood that? I don't recall any of that in the Good Book. Maybe there is a bad book somewhere that would chronicle those events? I'd like to know but I just never heard anything like that before.

It's right there in the good one, I assure you.  2 Samuel 11  and the dancing is from 2 Samuel 6.

• Love 2
On 9/28/2018 at 2:53 PM, KimberStormer said:

David was not a great dude; he sent a guy off to die in an impossible battle so he could screw his wife, etc. 

The guy was Uriah, one of David's close friends and warriors.  His wife was Bathsheba.   God punished David for his sin, by killing the newborn son Bathsheba bore him.  

Jews still consider David a great king.  Like so many key figures in Jewish religious texts, though, he has deep flaws alongside his heroic virtues.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kikaha said:

The guy was Uriah, one of David's close friends and warriors.  His wife was Bathsheba.   God punished David for his sin, by killing the newborn son Bathsheba bore him.  

Jews still consider David a great king.  Like so many key figures in Jewish religious texts, though, he has deep flaws alongside his heroic virtues.  

In other words - a human.

• Love 4