Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Bad Boys

Jaded
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, watcher1006 said:

This show still has Amy Morton on it, and her Trudy Platt character has not been ruined yet perhaps because she has been underused since they stopped having the Intelligence-affiliated beat cop stories in the episodes. Seems to me that if they wanted to simplify the episodes and just have scripts about the squad itself they could still have beat cops affiliated with them, even if they didn't have regular plotlines in each episode. If not they could explain why the organization of Intelligence was changed after Burgess was promoted to the unit proper. Not having them certainly diminishes Platt's role.

Now really, is she just going to have a drink with her old friend Hank Voight and not be troubled by the part he played in getting their mutual friend Al killed?

I'm glad for Jon Seda that they are using his character more now but the writing for him still isn't up to what it was in Season 1. While there are still actors/characters that I like on this show I think I'm ready to give up on it as well.

Part of what made this show great was Platt but now she's thrown in every now and then, says her two lines, breaks up a fight, or props up Voight's bad behaviour and then disappears again. Her snark was always the highlight of the show, her relationship with Burgess and Atwater, even her tormenting of Ruzek all that has just disappeared.

Her next storyline will either be Mouch being killed or they will bring back her once mentioned brother and they will off him.

I don't dislike any of the actors on this show, but I do feel sorry for them and the shit they've be given to do. It will be interesting that at the end of this season the typical 6yr contracts will be up, I wonder who will say 'thanks but no thanks' - my guess is Paddy Flueger will cut and run and I don't blame him tbh.

• Love 2
On 10/11/2018 at 10:46 PM, CheshireCat said:

So, I guess, the question is: will they or will they not remember that Voight has a rule against dating? (And Burgess possible jealousy is probably one reason why).

Seems like he only had a problem with Erin and Jay dating 

On 10/11/2018 at 6:04 PM, Guildford said:

Of course Voight comes out squeaky clean again and both him and Platt toast their success in getting Al exonerated. I get the feeling for Voight he was also patting himself on the back for 'winning' again.

That annoyed the crap out of me!  I wanted to scream at the TV, "You got him killed asshole!!"

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

That annoyed the crap out of me!  I wanted to scream at the TV, "You got him killed asshole!!"

Exactly. Over the past few seasons, he has repeatedly pushed the envelope and got out clean. He's been flirting between on the edge and out of control ever since Justin died.

• Love 2
On 10/14/2018 at 11:18 PM, SuzieQ said:

Voight helped Olinsky bury Browning the suspect who killed his partner. Erin got Olinsky to help move the body of the person who killed Voight's son. Both men walked. There was no evidence that the DNA found against Olinsky was real. He wanted to contest it, but the police command pushed the jailing of Olinsky at the insistence of Woods. Al did not have to die over it. 

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1

Given what has happened in Sesaon 6 so far, the rest of the series will miss Olinsky. Erin got Al involved in the silo murder out of desperation.  If Voight had confessed, both Lindsay and Olinsky would have been murder accessories. Voight did everything he could to get Al out of custody. For Voight, it was all about protecting Erin. Hank is no more responsible than Erin for what happened to Al. All three of them were under a dragnet which finally collapsed on them. Al did not have to die over it, but the writers needed a path to get rid of the story.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2018 at 4:46 AM, CheshireCat said:

So, I guess, the question is: will they or will they not remember that Voight has a rule against dating? (And Burgess possible jealousy is probably one reason why).

That's the thing that especially bothers me...for heaven's sake, Halstead and Lindsay had a serious committed relationship but Voight made the biggest deal out of how inappropriate it was. Now people in the department are just randomly hooking up, which is sure to explode, but it's just accepted to be ok? Like, neither Ruzek nor Upton said a single WORD about what if things go wrong between them and they're stuck having to work closely together, or if Voight finds out. Surely Ruzek remembers all of Voight's wrath over Linstead? And while Upton wasn't around then, surely she's at least a little intelligent about this sort of thing...?

• Love 3