Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Bad Boys

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Ruzek huh sleeping with Upton ignoring Dawson .. Good job Dick Wolf... Well the rest of  the episode was good... The rich kid walks away... Hi Atwater... bye Atwater also Upton and Atwater walked next to each other so that's something... Didnt Olinsky cover up a murder or three... Dear show just put Burgess and Atwater back together and I'll stop complaining 

1 minute ago, mommalib said:

So Ruzek is banging the blond and that's necessary because? The most unlikeable character on the show(Ruzek)  gets the most action, go figure.

Still technically hasn't apologized to Dawson.. All he did was give Kevin( who was just being a good helper negro shepherding his white friend to a more enlightened place) some lip service about respecting Dawson.. Then he killed a teenager

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Ruzek huh sleeping with Upton ignoring Dawson .. Good job Dick Wolf... Well the rest of  the episode was good... The rich kid walks away... Hi Atwater... bye Atwater also Upton and Atwater walked next to each other so that's something... Didnt Olinsky cover up a murder or three... Dear show just put Burgess and Atwater back together and I'll stop complaining 

Yup Olinsky was as dirty as Voight. And they wound't put Burgess with Atwater because apparently she belongs to Ruzek too.

38 minutes ago, mommalib said:

Yup Olinsky was as dirty as Voight. And they wound't put Burgess with Atwater because apparently she belongs to Ruzek too.

I ain't mean romantically I meant as partners like when they were on patrol...  I'm just tired of Atwater having to hole ruzeks hand... I mean the show could hypothetically go there wit kev and Kim.. They have a great rapport she's close with his brother and sister and good friends do sometimes fall in love.. But that would be her third partner BF.. Dunno if the show is gonna do that.. Plus there us the whole Ruzek of  it all.. 

• Love 3

Does this mean a 4th engagement for Ruzek? Both Halstead and Ruzek are loose canons out in the field. Antonio can keep Halstead in line for the most part, but Ruzek has nobody now that Olinsky is gone. The deal between Voight and the commander is no different than anything Olinsky was involved with in his early detective days. 

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I ain't mean romantically I meant as partners like when they were on patrol...  I'm just tired of Atwater having to hole ruzeks hand... I mean the show could hypothetically go there wit kev and Kim.. They have a great rapport she's close with his brother and sister and good friends do sometimes fall in love.. But that would be her third partner BF.. Dunno if the show is gonna do that.. Plus there us the whole Ruzek of  it all.. 

Oh I misunderstood about Atwater and Burgess. I looks like they will be interacting next week.  And yes  I am also tired of Atwater having to be Ruzek's moral compass. Atwater needs more of his own development. But that's how it is for black men in tv/movies, either your the nice guy/moral compass willing to make sacrifices or your a villain and in both cases it can lead to the character being underdeveloped and/or easy to kill off. For example see Dolls on Wynonna Earp. 

• Love 2

I like Kim and Kevin as friends and partners.  I would also like to see them date someone outside of work.

Ruzek was a loose canon when he joined the team.  He's gotten worse over time.  Which really isn't surprising considering who heads the team, and the fact that almost everyone of these people has crossed the line when it suited them to do so.

Gotta love how, since Ruzek and Halstead are the pretty white boys, they’re the ones getting all of the love interests.  Guess the Blue Lives Matter crowd isn’t interested in seeing a black man get some action.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mars477 said:

Gotta love how, since Ruzek and Halstead are the pretty white boys, they’re the ones getting all of the love interests.  Guess the Blue Lives Matter crowd isn’t interested in seeing a black man get some action.

Huh?

So Ruzek and Upton? That's going to be eyerolling when they eventually want to go back to him and Burgess and explore Jay/Hailey.

1 hour ago, doLLish said:

This show is becoming a continuous cycle of bad decisions.

It should be the tagline of all the season six promos.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, doLLish said:

Who asked for Upton to be with Ruzek? Who wants this?? What is the purpose?

This show is becoming a continuous cycle of bad decisions.

Ummm...nobody asked for it. Let's just call it for what it is "sweet Valley High Chicago." Now we will have to endure Burgess getting all jealous and bitchy (because of course she will have forgotten she bumped uglies with her partner a nanosecond after breaking up with Ruzek.) So she'll be all mopey..that'll be fun to watch.

This was apparently a 'resolution' to Burzek....I'm sorry this resolved nothing.

Eid has put the final nail in the coffin of this show to be honest, it's just bordering on pathetic. In an interview about the shagging partners PJF mentioned he wasn't sure about it and that fans will be angry and was told to 'quit worrying about that'.....so does that mean they don't give a fats rat clacker about the fans of the show? Hmmm without fans you don't actually have a show.

Nice to see Antonio & all his morals on display when Hank was choking the guy with a barbell? Are they transient? Only when it suits him?

The blond can leave...both the suit chick and the one who turns up to work looking like something the cat dragged in with her scraggy moth eaten jumper. Maybe her new 'boyfriend' can buy her a new one.

• Love 3

I don't get all of the out cry.  So what, Kim and Adam have been over forever.   It was also by her choice I might add.   There were a few times he wanted to give it another chance and Burgess was not interested.  Though I've never liked her so maybe I'm biased.

Upton strikes me as a girl that can stick to her plan.   I don't see her catching severe feelings during this liason.  I think Ruzek is "excercise" for her.

Though funny how it's Upton that needs to "go".  The more things change the more they stay the same.

Cue fandom calling for her head.  Maybe 80% of the viewers really are 16 year old girls.

• Love 5

When ruzek and upton went out for a drink after the last episode. I knew rick would pull something like this. He’s an idiot who ruined SVU.  I’m just glad it wasn’t Upton and Halstead . And I never liked Upton so she can go. 

4 hours ago, Mars477 said:

I watched facebook live with Jesse and Laroyce was on it little while and he said he’s getting a love interest. They are filming the episode right now. 

Edited by Jaelyn96
  • Love 1

I was well over Burzek as a couple, so that part doesn't bother me. It's been a poorly told story from start to finish. It hasn't been interesting for a long time.

I don't dislike Upton because of this storyline, I just don't like her, I don't trust her and find her completely uninteresting so I have zero interest in her story and I don't really want to sit through all the Burgess angsty drama.

Yes she let him go, a long time ago & she also humped her partner so she's got no reason to be upset but you can bet your bottom dollar that she's going to drag her misery into the bullpen.

They all need to stop fishing from the company pier, it is not interesting, new or particularly compelling viewing.

And of course they didn't hook her up with Atwater because that wouldn't get the drama, people might actually enjoy it but then again Eid has made it clear he does not give a stuff about keeping fans engaged.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Jaelyn96 said:

When ruzek and upton went out for a drink after the last episode. I knew rick would pull something like this. He’s an idiot who ruined SVU.  I’m just glad it wasn’t Upton and Halstead . And I never liked Upton so she can go. 

I watched facebook live with Jesse and Laroyce was on it little while and he said he’s getting a love interest. They are filming the episode right now. 

Who's getting a love interest Jesse or Laroyce?

5 hours ago, VinceW said:

Huh?

You haven't notice that Atwater is the only one that hasn't had a love interest? As far as Blue lives Matter who are the ones usually calling out police brutality? Black people. What is Atwater? A black man.

1 hour ago, Advance35 said:

I don't get all of the out cry.  So what, Kim and Adam have been over forever.   It was also by her choice I might add.   There were a few times he wanted to give it another chance and Burgess was not interested.  Though I've never liked her so maybe I'm biased.

Upton strikes me as a girl that can stick to her plan.   I don't see her catching severe feelings during this liason.  I think Ruzek is "excercise" for her.

Though funny how it's Upton that needs to "go".  The more things change the more they stay the same.

Cue fandom calling for her head.  Maybe 80% of the viewers really are 16 year old girls.

That's all I see anywhere.. That she needs to go.. And yes after doing  totally unscientific perusal of  the names of posters.. The vast majority of those who need Upton to go appear female... 

Personally my issue with ruzek and Upton is from the viewer aspect it means more time paid attention to Adam.. His consistently poor behavior and choices( with no real consequences)  it drives home a pretty sad point about the way major characters of color in this show have been (mis) treated in relation to their white counterparts whether its relationships or other story beats.. The Asian guy whi did their tech stuff was a rat and got killed.. They kicked Tamia  Poitier's character off the show because they thought she was a rat.. Even tho she wasn't ( just a capable detective) . Li Jun Li's character was sexually harassed and it impeded her career and that story just ended.. Let's not start with Denny "moustache twirler" woods.. And then there is Kevin...  Who unlike his partner who he constantly has to be a emotional Sherpa for.. Actually was a beat cop ( Adam got pulled out from the academy by Al.. Who knew his cop daddy)  has been a relatively cool customer even with all the extra stuff intelligence does.. Yet he's been on trial for murder.. He's had his family taken from him and hasn't gotten a significant love interest in the show's entire run. 

It also makes Hailey look bad ( and this may be a "higher expectations" kinda thing)  because she's been presented as someone who seems to know the lines you shouldn't cross.. Appears level headed and a lot like Kevin has been a bit of  a Sherpa.. So beyond all the warning signs about  Ruzek's behavior.. Beyond the possible ramifications of Burgess finding out.. Beyond her entire "bad boy" speech this episode she still did it again.. And that paints her worse

Lastly I really like that the show is real enough to show the inherit unfairness of  the justice system at times.. I just wish they'd do more than shrug and say that's the way it is... I mean in this episode alone... An immigrant community is terrorized a hard working man is killed.. A critic of the police gets muzzled.. A man who stepped up to assist in a kidnapping ( that wasn't a kidnapping really)  was killed.. A suspect got choked out with a barbell and smacked around and the rich white girl in the middle of it all who lied to the police and got in their way.. But who eventually turned on her working class Latino (bad boy)  which led to his death and the traumitization of a bunch of kids.. She gets off Scot free an can go back to blogging about exciting new ethnic dishes she "found"... Oh and a dirty cop's family gets his pension ( that's at least twice now on this show)  as infuriating as all that is... I could probably stomach it.. If it was at least addressed in more than hank and Trudy sharing a drink

It's strange about Atwater.  He's hot (I love muscles) but in terms of Upton, that would not have worked.  I think she's WAY to remote and frosty for him.  Kevin connects with people (pretty easily).  At this point, anyone Hailey hooked up with would be for sex only.  I don't think Kev is the kind of guy you make your stud horse.  Though I like him a lot and I'm glad he's getting a love interest.  I also love that he operated as Ruzeks moral compass a lot.  I think Adam considers Kev family more then anyone else.

Now that he appears done with Kim, he seems marginally more interesting to me.  He seems like an emotional guy and he in the emotional ring with Upton.......my thought was "Sonny you are in WAY over your head.". I just can't see Upton getting d&ckmitized.

As to why they hook up characters, it's to get people talking.  EVERYONE always weighs in on shipping.  ALWAYS.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Advance35 said:

but in terms of Upton, that would not have worked.

Possibly.. Woulda been interesting to see where that coulda gone.. But really I woulda preferred those two.. If anyone had to hook up because it would mean more time for Kevin without totally eating into the rest of the team.. As it stands.. For me I still want more Kevin and more Kim and if the show did that.. They still have to service ruzek and Upton.. And whatever the case is so as I doubt they have time to do all that I imagine that the relationship will get priority.. Leaving kev and Kim with less time.. 

Also Kevin never really interacted with Erin like I'm struggling to really recall them sharing any real scenes.. And now with Upton.. I'm not kidding.. Have they spoken to each other at all.. Them walking up on this he suspect this week was noteworthy to me as I don't remember seeing that before.. And having the only blk guy on the show not interact with 2 of the 4 white women ( Trudy)  in the station and only one in the unit.. Is not a good look

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

It also makes Hailey look bad ( and this may be a "higher expectations" kinda thing)  because she's been presented as someone who seems to know the lines you shouldn't cross.. Appears level headed and a lot like Kevin has been a bit of  a Sherpa.. So beyond all the warning signs about  Ruzek's behavior.. Beyond the possible ramifications of Burgess finding out.. Beyond her entire "bad boy" speech this episode she still did it again.. And that paints her worse

So for all her moral grandstanding and judgy behaviour she's just as bad as the rest of them. 

15 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

. Li Jun Li's character was sexually harassed and it impeded her career and that story just ended.. 

My feeling on that was when Marina fell pregnant they needed to get her upstairs because they couldn't hide her pregnancy as well in uniform. It was the first big misstep this show took, getting rid of patrol. It's been all downhill from there tbh

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Guildford said:
26 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

So for all her moral grandstanding and judgy behaviour she's just as bad as the rest of them

Well I disagree a bit there because her judgy behavior as u put it.. Is usually about police work.. This for the most part is personal life choices.. Still a bad one that she seems to know is bad but is doing it anyway 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Possibly.. Woulda been interesting to see where that coulda gone.. But really I woulda preferred those two.. If anyone had to hook up because it would mean more time for Kevin without totally eating into the rest of the team.. As it stands.. For me I still want more Kevin and more Kim and if the show did that.. They still have to service ruzek and Upton.. And whatever the case is so as I doubt they have time to do all that I imagine that the relationship will get priority.. Leaving kev and Kim with less time.. 

Also Kevin never really interacted with Erin like I'm struggling to really recall them sharing any real scenes.. And now with Upton.. I'm not kidding.. Have they spoken to each other at all.. Them walking up on this he suspect this week was noteworthy to me as I don't remember seeing that before.. And having the only blk guy on the show not interact with 2 of the 4 white women ( Trudy)  in the station and only one in the unit.. Is not a good look

Well I'd like more Kev but ugh, could we hold the Kim.  This once would be stewardess has always worked my last nerve.  And I honestly don't think Upton will eat the show, she certainly hasn't thus far.  She joined at the end of Season 4 and other then her introduction, I can only think of 2 episodes where she played a central role.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to Upton interacting with other characters more, or mixing it up in terms of who partners who, but I imagine that's one of the few ways the show is realistic.

And in terms of crossing lines.  I don't feel Upton has.  Not like a lot of the other characters.  Would she fit in with the cheerleaders or the pink ladies?  Nope, but for now, I still think she can be considered a good cop.  

And as a character, she still intrigues me.  She's written as someone who purposely stays detached.  I'd like to know why.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, mommalib said:

...................You haven't notice that Atwater is the only one that hasn't had a love interest? As far as Blue lives Matter who are the ones usually calling out police brutality? Black people. What is Atwater? A black man.

Atwater displays an inner sense which allows him to easily distinguish between the right or wrong side of a moral issue especially among a group of fellow cops with selective morality. He is well respected by others when dealing with victims, their families or even his children. His time will come for a new relationship. I don't watch TV show thru a color prism especially cop shows. Law enforcement agencies are easy targets for groups or individuals who are obsessed with race.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, mommalib said:

Who's getting a love interest Jesse or Laroyce?

You haven't notice that Atwater is the only one that hasn't had a love interest? As far as Blue lives Matter who are the ones usually calling out police brutality? Black people. What is Atwater? A black man.

Laroyce is getting a love interest. They were filming the episode yesterday 

7 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

The only scene I can remember of Atwater and Erin was when they were at a diner and he was asking her advice about Voight 

1 hour ago, VinceW said:

Atwater displays an inner sense which allows him to easily distinguish between the right or wrong side of a moral issue especially among a group of fellow cops with selective morality. He is well respected by others when dealing with victims, their families or even his children. His time will come for a new relationship. I don't watch TV show thru a color prism especially cop shows. Law enforcement agencies are easy targets for groups or individuals who are obsessed with race.

This show is into its sixth season.  Both white boys have gotten multiple love interests, including regular cast members.

Also, love the dog whistling.  Nothing like calling people angry about cops beating and murdering black people simply for existing “obsessed with race”.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, VinceW said:

I don't know if your white and i'm not gonna assume but I will say this, when you're black there are things that you don't have the luxury or privilege to ignore. Yes when know that Kevin is a good guy and cop but they haven't really gone beneath surface with this character because he has rarely been highlighted on this show. And for a good looking young black man to not be getting any loving while the white boys on the show have gone to bed with the main female cast members(Erin, Upton, and Burgess) it's a little glaring to me. Antonio has also gotten his.

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, mommalib said:

I don't know if your white and i'm not gonna assume but I will say this, when you're black there are things that you don't have the luxury or privilege to ignore. Yes when know that Kevin is a good guy and cop but they haven't really gone beneath surface with this character because he has rarely been highlighted on this show. And for a good looking young black man to not be getting any loving while the white boys on the show have gone to bed with the main female cast members(Erin, Upton, and Burgess) it's a little glaring to me. Antonio has also gotten his.

Projecting your own racism onto others doesn't work.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, VinceW said:

Projecting your own racism onto others doesn't work.

What about her post was "racist"... What about her post was projection?.. The points that were made were salient and speak to a reality that some of us encounter when we watch TV in general and she also pointed out something myself and others have noticed specifically on this show 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

What about her post was "racist"... What about her post was projection?.. The points that were made were salient and speak to a reality that some of us encounter when we watch TV in general and she also pointed out something myself and others have noticed specifically on this show 

I am a his and thanks for responding because i am not going back and forth with that poster because I already see where they are coming from. Anything not to acknowledge what I am talking about.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, mommalib said:

I am a his and thanks for responding because i am not going back and forth with that poster because I already see where they are coming from. Anything not to acknowledge what I am talking about.

You got it.. My fault on the pronouns... When I get hit with the "... No ur being racist" I always gotta respond.. Because one day eventually ima get a real answer as to how me pointing out racial disparities etc is actually oppressing the greater white populace ( including my dad and older half-sister etc..)  Lol

• Love 1

Anyway back to the rest of this debacle of an episode.

There is nothing interesting in the Blond Suit story, at all. So we will just FF through that in future. I am not sure why they thought this would be interesting and now Burgess is going to go all googly eyed over her and that is going to be even more painful to watch.

Of course Voight comes out squeaky clean again and both him and Platt toast their success in getting Al exonerated. I get the feeling for Voight he was also patting himself on the back for 'winning' again.

The removal of Al's desk....like seriously you think they do that? That was pathetic. They love beating people over the head to make sure they understand. Even the whole door incident. Atwater makes some epic speech to Ruzek about Antonio always being first through the door and then in the first time ever on this show they decide to have a debate before breaking down a door and Antonio has to do it, because you know Atwater just told us he's awesome like that and the writers need to whack us with the obvious stick again.

Someone needs to take Antonio and Ruzek and, as my mother would say, smack their bloody heads together. Both are pretty much insufferable right now.

I wish the writers would make up their mind with Antonio, so he happily watches Voight torture another suspect to get information? Make up your damn mind, is he by the book or not? it's getting old

So basically since Eid has turned up he only has Atwater's character left to ruin. (Platt is barely even in this show anymore but what she does do is pretty friggin' useless.)

Good job Buddy, you're doing awesome

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Guildford said:

Anyway back to the rest of this debacle of an episode.

There is nothing interesting in the Blond Suit story, at all. So we will just FF through that in future. I am not sure why they thought this would be interesting and now Burgess is going to go all googly eyed over her and that is going to be even more painful to watch.

Of course Voight comes out squeaky clean again and both him and Platt toast their success in getting Al exonerated. I get the feeling for Voight he was also patting himself on the back for 'winning' again.

The removal of Al's desk....like seriously you think they do that? That was pathetic. They love beating people over the head to make sure they understand. Even the whole door incident. Atwater makes some epic speech to Ruzek about Antonio always being first through the door and then in the first time ever on this show they decide to have a debate before breaking down a door and Antonio has to do it, because you know Atwater just told us he's awesome like that and the writers need to whack us with the obvious stick again.

Someone needs to take Antonio and Ruzek and, as my mother would say, smack their bloody heads together. Both are pretty much insufferable right now.

I wish the writers would make up their mind with Antonio, so he happily watches Voight torture another suspect to get information? Make up your damn mind, is he by the book or not? it's getting old

So basically since Eid has turned up he only has Atwater's character left to ruin. (Platt is barely even in this show anymore but what she does do is pretty friggin' useless.)

Good job Buddy, you're doing awesome

I'll keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't screw up Atwater.

3 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

So, I guess, the question is: will they or will they not remember that Voight has a rule against dating? (And Burgess possible jealousy is probably one reason why).

Sadly that rule was tossed out years ago. More's the pity. It might be time to revisit it. (Even the actors are sick of the in-house dating storylines.)

11 hours ago, Rabithed said:

Shallow post alert!! ;)

The actress who played the daughter...I found her face disturbing to look at...like a Picasso version of Keri Russell  

Ok so it wasn’t just me. Her face was disturbing and she looked more like 13 vs 19 years old.

Good call on the Keri Russell reference. Sort of like a cousin of hers that lives in the “Hills Have Eyes” neighborhood...

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Guildford said:

Sadly that rule was tossed out years ago. More's the pity. It might be time to revisit it. (Even the actors are sick of the in-house dating storylines.)

I never understood it to have been tossed out but that Lindsay and Jay were an exception to the rule because Voight realized how important a stable relationship was for Lindsay at the time. (Which it was)

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:37 PM, UNOSEZ said:

You got it.. My fault on the pronouns... When I get hit with the "... No ur being racist" I always gotta respond.. Because one day eventually ima get a real answer as to how me pointing out racial disparities etc is actually oppressing the greater white populace ( including my dad and older half-sister etc..)  Lol

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, mommalib said:

I apologize for the projection comment. I was responding too hastily to the ‘white’ reference. It is hard to believe that the show runner is keeping Atwater from a relationship in such an obvious way because of race, but you might be right. If the show is doing that on purpose, it is wrong. I have been subjected to bias myself, but not race related. Atwater shines above all of the other team members which I mentioned in my original comments. The show has gone too far with the in-house relationships. Atwater might have been held back from a new relationship because the writers spent almost the first four years of the series covering the Lindsay and Voight back story which was unfortunate. 

Edited by VinceW
51 minutes ago, VinceW said:

I apologize for the projection comment. I was responding too hastily to the ‘white’ reference. It is hard to believe that the show runner is keeping Atwater from a relationship in such an obvious way because of race, but you might be right. If the show is doing that on purpose, it is wrong. I have been subject to bias myself, but not race related. Atwater shines above all of the other team members which I mentioned in my original comments. The show has gone too far with the in-house relationships. Atwater might be held back in a new relationship because the writers spent almost the first four years of the series covering the Lindsay and Voight back story which was unfortunate. 

Its cool.. And I hope it isn't race.. But its hard to overlook the evidence on this show specifically.. With how almost everyone else of consequence has had someone.. And Dick wolf shows in general which I pointed out either in the previous episode thread or this one

10 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Ok so it wasn’t just me. Her face was disturbing and she looked more like 13 vs 19 years old.

Good call on the Keri Russell reference. Sort of like a cousin of hers that lives in the “Hills Have Eyes” neighborhood...

Yes!  She also looked way too young for the part. I had to keep averting my eyes while she was onscreen.

• Love 1

Okay, after thinking about this show for a bit, chatting to some other fans I finally came to the conclusion that this the end of the road for me, which does make me a bit sad.

I can't even hate watch it. I used to love this show but the current showrunner has completely destroyed every single character, not one of them is likeable so why watch a show that you hate everyone in it, ... oh except Atwater, I don't hate him yet but he's just not strong enough or compelling enough to make me forgive all the others or in it enough to make it worthwhile sitting through all the other idiotic characters.

It's not just the last episode, that was just the straw that broke the camel's back it's gone downhill rapidly since middle of season 4. Now I am not a Lindsay fan by any stretch of the imagination and don't miss her, but come on imagine the shitfest she'd be if Eid was let lose of her considering what he's done to all the others.

I was however a Ruzek fan so I need to stop watching before they make me hate him because quite frankly what they are doing to his character is pretty ugly to watch. 

I don't know if everyone feels the same but in a world where politics is shoved down our throats 24/7 do we really need a cop show to wade in to the debate with an already annoying cliched character trying to get a leg up. It's not even a character we like or knew so why should we care? Like fire needed to stop with all the drama, romance, annoying bad guy subplots and dead hamster stories and get back to fighting fires, this show needs to get back to working cases that don't involve a member of the IU's loved ones being killed, maimed, raped or tortured or their tragic pasts, and get rid of the annoying suit who is running for mayor. 

I might check in on you fine folk every now and then to see if things improve but until then...thanks for the fun times peeps. Be well.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I'm sick of the in-house dating SLs.  I would like to see Atwater date someone not from the team, and tell his good friend Burgess to move on from Ruzek.

I could not agree more. Is it really so bad for the men and women to have platonic relationships? Jay and Hailey did a really good job of this and I never felt they were going to become sexually involved. This show is good enough to not need the in-house relationship drama. And you just know if there's a hairy call and Hailey or Adam are in trouble, their common sense thinking and their police training is going to go out the window, and they'll be willing to do whatever it takes to save one another. And that's not how a real unit in any police department works. They're able to find love outside of their team. Why can't that be depicted on this show.

Not to mention, besides this cheapening Hailey, it really makes Adam seem sleazy. He's the lowest-ranking officer in the unit, and he's already slept around with two of the women in the unit. That's not a good look.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Guildford said:

Okay, after thinking about this show for a bit, chatting to some other fans I finally came to the conclusion that this the end of the road for me, which does make me a bit sad.

This show still has Amy Morton on it, and her Trudy Platt character has not been ruined yet perhaps because she has been underused since they stopped having the Intelligence-affiliated beat cop stories in the episodes. Seems to me that if they wanted to simplify the episodes and just have scripts about the squad itself they could still have beat cops affiliated with them, even if they didn't have regular plotlines in each episode. If not they could explain why the organization of Intelligence was changed after Burgess was promoted to the unit proper. Not having them certainly diminishes Platt's role.

Now really, is she just going to have a drink with her old friend Hank Voight and not be troubled by the part he played in getting their mutual friend Al killed?

I'm glad for Jon Seda that they are using his character more now but the writing for him still isn't up to what it was in Season 1. While there are still actors/characters that I like on this show I think I'm ready to give up on it as well.

Edited by watcher1006
Typo
  • Love 1