Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Your Funeral

Annalise selects students for her new legal clinic and juggles job offers from competing firms; the Keating 4 attempt to move on from last semester's turmoil; a new mystery is introduced and it shakes things up for everyone.

Airdate: Thursday, September 27, 2018

Oh, damn, now there's one hell of an ending. I actually gasped when I saw the baby crying in the snow. This should be quite the mystery-since Bonnie's there, I'm guessing it's tied to Gabriel somehow? Also interested in that version of XTC's "Dear God" at the end. Will have to look that up at some point. Nice choice of song for a show like this :p. 

So the gang's moving into a big ol' house. Yeah. That should be fun...and scary. Glad that Laurel said no to Frank's proposal. I think it would do her and Michaela both good to kinda sort themselves out a bit for the time being, though I am curious how Michaela and Asher will deal with the issues between them going forward. 

I'm also looking forward to seeing Annalise and Tegan work together, and I hope the show touches a bit more on these issues the students are arguing for going forward-not only would it be fun to see them taking charge on some of these issues and cases, but the topics themselves could make for some good discussion and exploration as well. 

Yeah. Can't wait to see how this season plays out. On all sorts of levels. 

• Love 11

I'd kind of enjoy it if the person who's apparently now dead in the flashforward is Gabriel, but what a twist would it be if it was one of the main characters? I know they already killed Wes off, but I don't know who else it could be that I would care about in any way. 

So, new house with the gang. That should be interesting to see. I am interested in the dynamics which are slowly shifting. Asher isn't in Annalise's class, which means that he's left out on the cases, which kind of brings him back to a potential season 1 place, where he was the outsider of their group. It's obviously much different here, but I liked Annalise basically telling Asher to stop being comedic relief. I agree, Annalise. I want a more serious Asher this season, and I want to see what he does this season. Michaela, in the meantime, is trying to get with Marcus, who has turned her down for the moment. We'll see how long her celibacy lasts. 

I figured Annalise would work at Caplan and Gold, and I'm intrigued to see Annalise and Tegan working together. I'm very interested in their dynamic. 

Nate still bores me to tears. If Gabriel's not the dead body, let it be Nate. 

I'm hopeful for the season. 

• Love 5

Poor Baby Christopher. Not even a year old, and he's experiencing his first Murder Night.

This Gabriel character is meh to me so far, but it's only the first episode.

Annalise looked magnificent in this episode, but I'm with Frank: she needs to move out of that dumpy hotel.

Wonder how long the Keating Crew will last in that house. 

Bonnie and Nate's banter was hilarious. They're both still not-quite-recovered Annalise addicts.

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Oh, damn, now there's one hell of an ending. I actually gasped when I saw the baby crying in the snow. This should be quite the mystery-since Bonnie's there, I'm guessing it's tied to Gabriel somehow? Also interested in that version of XTC's "Dear God" at the end. Will have to look that up at some point. Nice choice of song for a show like this :p. 

If we take the beginning at face value, with the first person POV cutting to the present day with Gabriel walking down the street, then it could be him. I just feel like it's too obvious. 

Also, how many episodes do you think it'll be before we find out Connor's fate? Because the last few mysteries, he's been one of the last to show up. Jack Falahee is extremely talented and sometimes underused, and part of me likes the idea that he keeps getting some focus with these mystery plots, but I don't want to have to worry about his fate for seven episodes yet again. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Poor Baby Christopher. Not even a year old, and he's experiencing his first Murder Night.

Unfortunately that's the price of being with the Keating 5 who are used to dead bodies at this point.

22 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I just feel like it's too obvious. 

Hopefully, otherwise it'll be too similar to S3's twist.

26 minutes ago, mrsbagnet said:

What Annalise said to Asher at end so needed to be said. I'm glad he finally got to hear it. He needs to grow up.

Hopefully he'll finally stop whining about everything for once.

• Love 2

I think whoever was bleeding out in that field was trying to take Christopher. The baby had no winter wardrobe on & why would Laurel bring her baby so far away from the party? Also if it was one of the Keating kids Bonnie  would have gotten them help not killed them. I'm not 100% sold on Gabriel being Bonnie's son. It's just SO obvious and the show doesn't work that way. I have a horrible feeling about Timothy Hutton's character. He seems like he is someone who plays at the same level as Annalise.  I really want Tegan & Annalise to be a kick ass duo but I don't think that is going to be the endgame for them. Frank is an idiot for proposing to Laurel & Laurel is such trash for using Frank. I'm surprised that they didn't all burst into flames when they stepped into that church. I hope that Bonnie is bringing her A game when it comes to playing the guy in the D.A.'s office because I don't think he's as gullible as she thinks. All in all I cannot wait! I have missed this show so damn much. 

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

If we take the beginning at face value, with the first person POV cutting to the present day with Gabriel walking down the street, then it could be him. I just feel like it's too obvious. 

Good point. Yeah, unless the show intends for him to just be here for this season, I'm thinking it's not Gabriel stumbling through the snow. But I definitely think he could be a part of whatever craziness leads to that night. 

Also, how many episodes do you think it'll be before we find out Connor's fate? Because the last few mysteries, he's been one of the last to show up. Jack Falahee is extremely talented and sometimes underused, and part of me likes the idea that he keeps getting some focus with these mystery plots, but I don't want to have to worry about his fate for seven episodes yet again. 

I was wondering about that, too. When Annalise went to see Frank at the reception, we heard a guy in the background calling for Connor and Oliver, but that got cut off with Annalise slapping Frank and the show moving on to the events three months prior. So that immediately had me questioning if one of them will go missing at the reception because they're involved with whatever's happening outside. 

ETA:

I think whoever was bleeding out in that field was trying to take Christopher.

I do, too, The way they were breathing, they sounded scared and desperate. 

I'm surprised that they didn't all burst into flames when they stepped into that church.

LMAO, seriously :D. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 2

I like Annalise's new bob.

Did they do something to make Timothy Hutton look older?

"Summertop." "Nate Dog." No. Just no.

Rome Flynn has apparently taken acting lessons since he left The Bold and the Beautiful.

Oh Frank.

Sorry, Michaela, Marcus can't see anyone right now because his show got cancelled. I hope she and Asher work things out.

• Love 5

Well, I thought Gabriel's argument was terrible, so of course Annalise chose him.  I already dislike him.

I'm totally on the Annalise/Tegan train.  Friends, lovers, awesome ladies getting shit done together, I don't care.

I love several people still giving Michaela shit about deporting Simon.

I loved the brief Annalise/Connor interaction.

Speaking of, Connor telling Oliver they'd get married in a church over his dead body?  That's my boy!  (I'm also glad you're growing your hair out; it looks much better that way.)

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I like Annalise's new bob.

Did they do something to make Timothy Hutton look older?

I love Annalise's new hair. Very pretty on her.  Timothy Hutton actually looked older in the new "Jack Ryan" series. I didn't even recognize him at first. But I'm not sure if Timothy Hutton looks older because he is older, or if it's just hair & makeup. He usually wears his hair a bit longer and looser... which I think gave him a more youthful appearance. But either way, I think he still looks great.

• Love 6

I really liked that premiere. It was better than last season's one and I'm intrigued by the direction as well.

Christopher's not even a year old and he's already witnessing murders. Poor kid. 

Interesting we're seeing it from the victim's POV this time around. I don't think it's any of the new regulars but I could wrong here. Maybe that DA fella Bonnie is using perhaps? Either way Bonnie strikes again.

Gabriel is interesting enough but he's already got Frank on his tail, so that can't be good. I did enjoy his scenes with Annalise in this episode.

Nice that Connor and Oliver's wedding will be where everything goes to hell once again. I don't think either of them are immediate danger though.

Laurel turning down Frank's proposal was smart. Sort of relieved that she didn't kill her mother as well.

I didn't feel bad for Michaela getting rejected by Marcus or Annalise not taking Asher into her class this time. Both of them need to sort themselves out.

Can't wait to see Annalise and Tegan work together this season. Emmett seems like someone not to underestimate as well,, 8/10

• Love 2

AI enjoyed it... Anna was right on the money abt Asher he's all over the place.. I just hope they don't be  sendbhim into a tailspin... As for the other mysteries of the season I usually wait for the First 4 episodes before I start formulating any ideas so for now I'm sitting back... I am excited to see the "Full House" situation and how Gabriel will eventually fit in... I hope this is the end of Laurel/Frank as lovers I like both of them but nevetbliked them together especially after she got together with Wes( which I predicted after like the 2nd or 3rd episode of the  1st season)  So I hope they just move on to being lifelong criminal friends together

• Love 1

Also Bonnie strikes again.. I can't remember who knows she killed Rebecca.. I hope before the show ends everyone finds out so they can hash that out... And even if it is too obvious to be true.. I'd like Gabriel to be Bonnie's kid.. Just to see that relationship happen... And finally I'm still waiting for Wes' grandmother or his Dad if he's not in jail to pop in and see Christopher and The gang

Sometimes I forget that the show is supposed to be set in Philly because they seem to have stopped using Philly stock footage. That basketball court in particular was glaring.

Baby Christopher is adorable. (I hope Laurel raises him trilingual like she is.)

When Laurel said that all Frank has done is be there for her and he interrupted that he didn't ask for anything in return, I was like "Have some dignity," so I'm glad that Laurel basically told him the same thing and stopped using him.

If Laurel has no family money, how is she supporting herself? Is she living on student loans like the rest of them (I assume?)

I'm glad they throw Michaela getting Simon deported in her face. They should.

I'm really glad Tegan is still around and I want her and Annalise to kick ass and take names.

• Love 5

At first I thought the dead body was Laurel, because of seeing Christopher, but I thought, "to obvious."  Christopher is adorable.

I like Gabriel, but I get why some might not like him.  Change is hard, but the guy who plays Gabriel is hella fine.

I liked what Annalise told Asher, he needs to figure out who he is and stop with the cheap frat boy humor, grow the fuck up.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I was wondering about that, too. When Annalise went to see Frank at the reception, we heard a guy in the background calling for Connor and Oliver, but that got cut off with Annalise slapping Frank and the show moving on to the events three months prior. So that immediately had me questioning if one of them will go missing at the reception because they're involved with whatever's happening outside. 

If this is the case, I actually WOULD prefer it to be Connor, just because I don't think Conrad's a strong actor and already had to suffer through his dramatics of the last mystery flashforward.

6 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Speaking of, Connor telling Oliver they'd get married in a church over his dead body?  That's my boy!  (I'm also glad you're growing your hair out; it looks much better that way.)

Yes, I am glad for the return of the facial hair. No offense to Jack Falahee, but he does look younger with the beard. His clean shaven face last season made him look significantly older and I think his face is suited better with facial hair.

I'm not convinced either that Gabriel is Bonnie's kid. It does seem fairly obvious, but with Nate's plot dealing with the DNA stuff for Bonnie and the Frank stuff with him dealing with knowing who Gabriel is, it'll feel contrived if the two end up not being related. 

Because this is How To Get Away With Murder, I'm not gonna lie, I thought for a moment that Gabriel could have been Annalise's son that never died. I laughed it off, because I'm not certain the ages match up anyway, but I'm ready to expect anything. The only other person Gabriel could be related to is Tegan, I think.

1 hour ago, darkestboy said:

Nice that Connor and Oliver's wedding will be where everything goes to hell once again. I don't think either of them are immediate danger though.

I think it's quite possible that the two could end up showing up a couple of episodes down the line from probably banging each other in a closet and that's why they're not at the reception.

Bonnie looked like she was strangling the person dying in the snow, so I don't think it can be any of the main characters. Obviously it's not Frank, Bonnie, or Annalise. Frank seems to know what happened (perhaps he caused the dying person to bleed out?) and Bonnie seems like she was finishing the job. It's likely not the Keating 4, because why would Bonnie be so cold in watching this person die? It's probably not Nate, because that would be too interesting of a plot for him to end on. I agree that it could have been someone trying to take Christopher. I thought the person's breathing sounded like it was coming from a guy, but it was hard to tell. So, my choices range from Gabriel (though I have a feeling he's probably the safest out of the non-original characters), Annalise's new boss, or Laurel's mother or father. I don't think there are many other choices, unless we get introduced to more people. My money is on Laurel's mother at the moment, though. 

I'd much rather another character gets the focus and have Laurel on the backburner, though. She's been the center of almost all the mysteries since Wes died.

• Love 5

I felt like the baptism scene was straight out of The Godfather.   

And did we really need that camera shot from the baby's perspective while the water splashed on him? Unless Laurel's baby is going to turn out to be Damien, yeah, no. Overkill, IMO.

Christopher is adorable.

Isn't he though? Great casting. He truly looks like a child produced by Laurel and Wes. (And he's actually a little baby girl, according to IMDb.)

My money is on Laurel's mother

Mine too. Looks like she's already getting aggressive about the baby.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Because this is How To Get Away With Murder, I'm not gonna lie, I thought for a moment that Gabriel could have been Annalise's son that never died. I laughed it off, because I'm not certain the ages match up anyway, but I'm ready to expect anything.

That was my initial thought, too. I think he's either Bonnie's (more likely) or Annalise's.

• Love 2

Christopher is cute. 

I feel like characters are mad that Asher is still upset that Michaela cheated on him, which is just odd to me, especially watching so many eps of Laurel being callously self-centered about Wes and Connor nastily mope around about Oliver. I'll be curious to see what he does in the outsider role again. And while I don't disagree about him needing to stop being the clown, I was a bit perplexed that Annalise had issues about his argument about immigration being because Michaela called ICE on Simon thus not being his passion project yet it's not like the others that I recall were big on the passion projects they had these past 4 seasons of the show. Hmm.

I know it was evil of me to cackle that Marcus blew Michaela off but I did. Then again, I still really hate that she cheated with him in the first place. The writers did her wrong on that. 

Ronald made me facepalm when he said "Nate Dogg." Oy.  

Frank and Laurel is such a trainwreck. At least they have chemistry, unlike Wes and Laurel IMO, but it's still so one sided with Frank putting in the all the work while Laurel is all about Laurel. 

I liked what I've seen of Gabriel so far.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I like Gabriel, but I get why some might not like him.  Change is hard, but the guy who plays Gabriel is hella fine.

Someone on another board called him an "exotical Cam Newton," and now I can't unsee it. lol He is fine. 

• Love 2

What if.... Gabriel.... Is really Christopher back from the future.. Here to destroy us all.. And frank came back as well but came back even further to stop it... Hence him trying to get in the way of Laurel/Wes....  Y'all try and prove me wrong 

• Love 18

First of all, loved seeing Annalise with her fabulous haircut cutting a rug at Connor and Oliver's wedding reception! She looked so happy! Of course, that cant last long, because some other murder night must now begin. 

Solid premier, interested in seeing where things go from here. Team Keating is all in one old house like a weirdly murder happy sitcom, they are taking a class that Asher didnt get into (even though I thought his argument was pretty good), Bonnie's possible long last kid is here with amazing cheekbones, and now poor baby Christopher is involved in his first murder night. 

Connor and Oliver having a possible murder (kidnapping? also murder?) at their reception pretty much sounds like what would happen to them. At least they seem to be in a good place, even if Connor is feeling all insecure. One of my favorite subplots last season was Connor helping Annalise with her case and rediscovering his passion for the law, so I am interested to see where that goes. 

Frank and Laurel are a hot mess, but at least they have actual chemistry. And baby Christopher is super cute! Yes, the baptism was very Godfather, I half expected to see Nate or somebody murdered their legal rivals in a series of cutaway scenes. 

Annalise wasn't wrong about Asher needing to grow up and move on from Michaela, but its hard for me to be super mad at him about it. She did cheat on them while they were in a good place in their relationship, and when they were supposedly in love, and now he still has to hang out with her all of the time because their friend group is scarily codependent on each other. I do love that people are still dragging her for calling ICE on Simon last season. I love Michaela, but that was brutal.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Annalise wasn't wrong about Asher needing to grow up and move on from Michaela, but its hard for me to be super mad at him about it. She did cheat on them while they were in a good place in their relationship, and when they were supposedly in love, and now he still has to hang out with her all of the time because their friend group is scarily codependent on each other. I do love that people are still dragging her for calling ICE on Simon last season. I love Michaela, but that was brutal.

I never bought Asher and Michaela as a couple.  As I remember it, some bad shit went down or had finished; and they kind of fell into bed.  Some people you should just have sex with and nothing else.  Asher was never the type of man Michaela wanted and Asher doesn't even know what type of woman he wants.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I never bought Asher and Michaela as a couple.  As I remember it, some bad shit went down or had finished; and they kind of fell into bed.  Some people you should just have sex with and nothing else.  Asher was never the type of man Michaela wanted and Asher doesn't even know what type of woman he wants.

I can get why they seem like a weird couple, and they probably couldn't have lasted anyway, but while they started as a "lets just have sex" style couple, it seems like things had grown a lot since then, with them being an actual real couple that was thinking about a possible future, and while I do think that they had some problems, her hooking up with some random guy from another show was just crappy. 

• Love 9

I want to like it, but I can't.  I wanted to care about who's body bla bla bla in the end, but it's like wearing a t-shirt  made from recycled PET-plastic. I've seen it all before, and I know that by the end of the season there will be a gigantic mess with  huge plot gaps and  then they'll jump the shark again and the show probably will be cancelled.   

And btw Annalise's teaching style (a prof. abandons her class and goes after a text message? Treats students like sh*t?) would produce so many complaints she would be suspended in a matter of weeks. 

Edited by skotnikov
  • Love 4

Do we know for certain Laurel didn't kill her mom?

4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I can get why they seem like a weird couple, and they probably couldn't have lasted anyway, but while they started as a "lets just have sex" style couple, it seems like things had grown a lot since then, with them being an actual real couple that was thinking about a possible future, and while I do think that they had some problems, her hooking up with some random guy from another show was just crappy. 

There's always something slightly "off" about interracial couples on US shows and this show is not an exception. Michaela's crossover affair with Marcus was badly written/developed plot excuse to break up her relationship with Asher, and flush all her growth in recent seasons down the drain. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Fable said:

I felt like the baptism scene was straight out of The Godfather.  

I have never even seen The Godfather, and I felt like it reminded me of The Godfather!!! (Just from what I have picked up from not living entirely under a rock).

11 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Isn't he though? Great casting. He truly looks like a child produced by Laurel and Wes. (And he's actually a little baby girl, according to IMDb.)

Oh good - I kept thinking how much he looked like a girl!

I wonder if the victim is going to be Laurel just because I cannot see a baby fitting into this show long-term. Of course, he's already gotten involved in his very first murder, so maybe he will fit in just fine. Otherwise, though, I agree that the cinematography at the beginning implies that it is Gabriel, with the switch from the victim's perspective to his. Of course, that is probably a misdirect. Or more likely - the writers hadn't decided when they wrote/filmed the scene who would actually be the victim!

• Love 3

I had forgotten a lot of what happened last year, but I had hoped that scary mommy was gone. I mentioned before, that I didn't like the rich, super-evil mother storyline in another show of Shonda's. 

Bonnie needs to stop killing people. So does Frank. but then we wouldn't have a show, so...

• Love 2
On 9/27/2018 at 11:48 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I'm not sure they're gonna go the "revealing a new person that's alive" every episode like in s3. I feel like each season they do something a little different with how the flash forwards play out over the course of the season and I don't see them doing it the same way they've already done it before. I'm sure different characters will pop up each week, to piece the puzzle together of what happened, but maybe not in a way that's about revealing their fate, if that makes sense.

18 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

My guess for the dead body is Bonnie's crush or Tegan or someone we have not met yet, I am not sure if they're doing another mystery with one of the main characters in jeopardy, that would kind of be a repeat of the third season. I don't think they will kill off Gabriel, it feels like they have bigger plans for him, though so far he just seems like an athletic poor man's Wes. Maybe it will be someone from Bonnie's past.

Bonnie's love interest was my first thought, too. I don't think we've ever seen Bonnie be given an entire character for her own side plot, and since we know Nate is the one with the files and not him, that really does seem to be his only purpose. I can see her bringing him as a date to the wedding and then he witnesses something he shouldn't that the group does, and she kills him.

17 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Also Bonnie strikes again.. I can't remember who knows she killed Rebecca.. I hope before the show ends everyone finds out so they can hash that out... And even if it is too obvious to be true.. I'd like Gabriel to be Bonnie's kid.. Just to see that relationship happen... And finally I'm still waiting for Wes' grandmother or his Dad if he's not in jail to pop in and see Christopher and The gang

Annalise (and I'm assuming Frank) are the only ones that know for sure, but Laurel asked if she killed her in the S3 finale, during that convo when Annalise suggested they pin all their murders on Wes. Laurel said she assumed Frank killed Rebecca but maybe it was Bonnie, but Annalise blew up into a speech before it went any further. I feel like nobody but Wes cared about Rebecca dying or who killed her, and they all probably just assume it was either Frank or Bonnie and don't care too much since it saved their asses in the long run and they're much more comfortable now with murder and doing fucked up things to save themselves than they were back then.

I'm hoping Gabriel is Bonnie's son too. Yeah, it's telegraphed and obvious, but I feel like there's so much more mystery surrounding him than simply whose son he is, not to mention story in general. Who's the father? Obviously one of Bonnie's rapists, but is he someone of importance? Was Gabriel even raised by him? Who is Frank talking to? How does Frank even know? How will Gabriel react when he finds out? How will Bonnie?

I also think him being her son might play into what happens in the flash forward. With Christopher's involvement, I feel like there's definitely got to be some kind of kidnapping attempt, whether it's the person Bonnie kills or someone else or even her, and I could see Bonnie having some kind of mental break after discovering that her son is alive and/or that Gabriel is her son. That was obviously a hugely traumatic thing she went though, and his sudden presence could surely trigger something bad for her. They kind of did something similar after Annalise was shot, with her thinking someone dropped a baby off with her; I could see Bonnie thinking baby Christopher is her son that was taken away from her and tries to take him, or she sees someone taking Christopher (who might not even have ill intentions) and she thinks of her baby being taken away and snaps, etc.

16 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Because this is How To Get Away With Murder, I'm not gonna lie, I thought for a moment that Gabriel could have been Annalise's son that never died. I laughed it off, because I'm not certain the ages match up anyway, but I'm ready to expect anything. The only other person Gabriel could be related to is Tegan, I think.

The flashbacks of when Annalise was pregnant were only 10 years ago at the time it aired, so maybe 11/12 years now, so it's definitely not the son that was stillborn. There's obviously a chance she had a baby we don't know about pre-show, that she gave up for adoption or something, but I feel like that would make very little sense for her character. We saw how much Sam and Annalise struggled to conceive, and we saw how much the loss of her son informed her character and motivations for years after the fact; the idea that she carried a son to term and gave it away but it was never mentioned through all of that would be really bad storytelling to me. Which means it's not out of the question for HTGAWM but, I doubt it. Not to mention in one of those flashback episodes in S2, there was a scene of Bonnie giving Annalise advice on how to ease the pain in her back from the pregnancy and Annalise asked how she knew about that - which was both the first hint I remember them dropping about Bonnie having a kid, but also would suggest that was Annalise's first pregnancy.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, colorbars said:

The flashbacks of when Annalise was pregnant were only 10 years ago at the time it aired, so maybe 11/12 years now, so it's definitely not the son that was stillborn. There's obviously a chance she had a baby we don't know about pre-show, that she gave up for adoption or something, but I feel like that would make very little sense for her character. We saw how much Sam and Annalise struggled to conceive, and we saw how much the loss of her son informed her character and motivations for years after the fact; the idea that she carried a son to term and gave it away but it was never mentioned through all of that would be really bad storytelling to me. Which means it's not out of the question for HTGAWM but, I doubt it. Not to mention in one of those flashback episodes in S2, there was a scene of Bonnie giving Annalise advice on how to ease the pain in her back from the pregnancy and Annalise asked how she knew about that - which was both the first hint I remember them dropping about Bonnie having a kid, but also would suggest that was Annalise's first pregnancy.

We do know that Annalise was sexually abused by her uncle although I think a child of that relationship would be older. Basically, there are reasons that Annalise could have had an off screen child that she didn't want to think about ever again.

• Love 1
On 9/27/2018 at 10:42 PM, Gillian Rosh said:

On 9/28/2018 at 7:50 AM, darkestboy said:

Christopher's not even a year old and he's already witnessing murders. Poor kid. 

Wasn't witnessing, as toddlers, their mother's murder what caused Dexter and his brother to become serial killers? Poor Christopher. Not only do bodies continue to drop constantly around this crew, half of the people raising him have murdered people.

• Love 3
On 9/28/2018 at 12:34 AM, NUguy514 said:

Well, I thought Gabriel's argument was terrible, so of course Annalise chose him.  I already dislike him.

His original argument was good and needed to be made.  His counter-argument was awful, and "emotion wins cases"? Just no.

2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

half of the people raising him have murdered people.

I'd say 75% or higher!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jhlipton said:

His original argument was good and needed to be made.  His counter-argument was awful, and "emotion wins cases"? Just no.

Oh, you’re right, I meant his counter-argument was terrible.?

• Love 3
On 9/28/2018 at 3:25 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Rome Flynn has apparently taken acting lessons since he left The Bold and the Beautiful.

I have seen him in a couple of things other than The Bold and the Beautiful. He can act. It's the bad writing on B&B that did him. 

I'm sad that Oliver is still around and now married to poor Conner. 

Why does Frank continue to let Laurel use him? He knows she doesn't love him. She's proven that.

Yes, to Annalise laying it out for Asher.

• Love 1

Really good episode. Haven't had so much fun with this show in a while.

On 28.9.2018 at 6:13 AM, Dancingjaneway said:

I'm not 100% sold on Gabriel being Bonnie's son. It's just SO obvious and the show doesn't work that way.

The more out there and fun theory would be that it's Annalise's son. Who wasn't actually stillborn but switched at birth for a stillborn baby, because conspiracy! *makes spooky noises*

Edit: I see other people had that same thought. And I thought I was really out there with this one. XD

On 28.9.2018 at 5:42 AM, Gillian Rosh said:

Annalise looked magnificent in this episode

I was wondering, did Viola Davis have any work done? She suddenly looks 10 years younger. If she had, it was done very well and tastefully. None of the scary shit we see on some faces in Hollywood.

If didn't have any work done, she's got to share her secrets, because damn.

Edited by Miles
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Miles said:

I was wondering, did Viola Davis have any work done? She suddenly looks 10 years younger. If she had, it was done very well and tastefully. None of the scary shit we see on some faces in Hollywood.

It's just makeup, I think. The show gives Annalisse some really unflattering makeup most of the time (and I'm not just talking about when they deliberately strip her "bare" for teh drama). I'm talking ordinary everyday makeup. 

That said, her entire outfit (including the attitude) when she sashayed into her class ---- that. was. awesome.

• Love 3

The flashfoward mystery taking place at Connor and Oliver's wedding is exactly what I wanted from this season so thanks, Show!

I too immediately assumed the dying person was Gabriel because of the perspective shot they used, but then when they ended transferring Christopher's perspective at the baptism back to the dying person's, I'm now convinced it was a misdirect. No real guesses at this point who it could be.

Somebody upthread mentioned that Connor is usually one of the last people to be revealed alive...I feel like Bonnie is usually one of the first.

Whatever happens at the wedding, I'm guessing Asher is heavily involved because they are putting him in a place where his hellish temper could rear up again. He's the only one from the group who was cut from Annalise's class, they're all moving in together without him...everybody should just be sure to not walk directly behind his car for a little while, he's primed to snap at any moment.

I know Gabriel is probably definitely Bonnie's kid, and when Nate was getting the DNA test this week we know for sure it's a boy, but I'm still holding out a sliver of hope that it's actually Rebecca. The ages line up and it's just the sort of "oh shit" reveal that this show could make a lot out of.

Christopher is absolutely precious but his presence at Murder Night Part 5 is exactly why I didn't want babies on this show. I hate seeing small children in traumatic situations like that, even in movies and tv. I just find it really upsetting and it prevents me from fully engaging with something that I would otherwise whole-heartedly enjoy.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, shksabelle said:

“I’m leaning towards Natalya’s firm. It’s all women, no drama.”

BWWAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAA

Have you MET women?

That line made me laugh too. I learned the hard way that workplaces need a gender balance. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, helenamonster said:

Whatever happens at the wedding, I'm guessing Asher is heavily involved because they are putting him in a place where his hellish temper could rear up again. He's the only one from the group who was cut from Annalise's class, they're all moving in together without him...everybody should just be sure to not walk directly behind his car for a little while, he's primed to snap at any moment.

I was saying something similar in another discussion elsewhere yesterday. Yeah. I felt increasingly nervous watching him this episode.

Christopher is absolutely precious but his presence at Murder Night Part 5 is exactly why I didn't want babies on this show. I hate seeing small children in traumatic situations like that, even in movies and tv. I just find it really upsetting and it prevents me from fully engaging with something that I would otherwise whole-heartedly enjoy.

Agreed. I'm curious how Christopher will factor into whatever happened that night, but yeah, seeing him sitting in the snow crying like that was very unsettling. Which, considering all the stuff that's happened on this show thus far, is saying something. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ursula said:

It's just makeup, I think. The show gives Annalisse some really unflattering makeup most of the time (and I'm not just talking about when they deliberately strip her "bare" for teh drama). I'm talking ordinary everyday makeup.

But I've also seen her in other stuff and live at the oscars and she does look 10 years younger here. I think she lost some weight, so maybe that works wonders on her? I don't want to talk about a persons appearence too much, when that person is first and foremost a phenomenal actor, but I'm jsut fascinated by this change.