Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

S08.E10: Jinger's Double Surprise/S08.E11 Kendra Has A Baby

Recommended Posts

Fondue is my worst nightmare. I was right there with Austin. I don’t eat or drink after my siblings, my father, or even my own mother who graciously carried me inside of her body for 9 months.  

The quickest way to get food or drink from me is to put your germy mouth within 20 inches of it.  It’s yours, you can have it, do not attempt to contact me ever again. Don’t even get me started on people who taste while cooking and continue to use the utensils without washing them. Yes, there is heat. No, I don’t care that the “heat will kill the germs.” Get out of here. 

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

Austin peed me off with the germ thing yes I get he’s a germaphobe but when he was explaining the fondue rules all I could think about where I could shove that stick, also loved Joy doing what the hell she wanted. If he’s such a germaphobe then they should’ve brought something else even just Swiss chocolate or they could’ve googled Swiss desserts and baked something, although I doubt Joy was in the mood and Austin doesn’t seem like the baking type. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, AussiesRule said:

 

kraft-grated-parmesan-cheese-125g-4964.jpg

Is Manhattan the only place that has the below?  Asking seriously because I've seen it on shelves for years; yet whenever the discussion comes up people always/only say Kraft.  It happened on TWOP too.

image.png.117b1d0ec8214ad822db5955642cc612.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

 We have been married for 31 years. I have never called my in laws anything. Not Mom or Dad, nor their first names. I just have never called them anything. If I ever refer to them, they are “Husband’s Parents.”

22 years...same...your relationship to your significant other's parental units has nothing necessarily to do with your relationship with your significant other...

I love how everyone answered that Josie is the most likely to double dip. Feral behavior is her trademark and zero Fs are given at this point.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Fondue is my worst nightmare. I was right there with Austin. I don’t eat or drink after my siblings, my father, or even my own mother who graciously carried me inside of her body for 9 months.  

The quickest way to get food or drink from me is to put your germy mouth within 20 inches of it.  It’s yours, you can have it, do not attempt to contact me ever again. Don’t even get me started on people who taste while cooking and continue to use the utensils without washing them. Yes, there is heat. No, I don’t care that the “heat will kill the germs.” Get out of here. 

LOL, I'll share drinks and food from different places (i.e, 180 away from me on the rim of the cup, or they can drink off the edge if I'm using a stirrer, or vice versa) with people I like and trust; and/as I tend to fork things up in quadrants anyway, there's always an untouched area on my food.  However, I'm with you on the tasting spoon (goes in the sink, please!), and I once stood in horror as an unappealing classmate in community college showed me how to "keep a soda from overflowing" the vending machine by (and I apologize for this in advance) - sticking his index finger into the carbon dioxide bubbles.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, queenanne said:

LOL, I'll share drinks and food from different places (i.e, 180 away from me on the rim of the cup, or they can drink off the edge if I'm using a stirrer, or vice versa) with people I like and trust; and/as I tend to fork things up in quadrants anyway, there's always an untouched area on my food.  However, I'm with you on the tasting spoon (goes in the sink, please!), and I once stood in horror as an unappealing classmate in community college showed me how to "keep a soda from overflowing" the vending machine by (and I apologize for this in advance) - sticking his index finger into the carbon dioxide bubbles.

I'm a sharer. As long as I know the other people involved and trust that they didn't actually swim in a cesspool shortly beforehand, it just doesn't occur to me to watch like a hawk lest I make secondhand contact with any "germy" parts of them. If I'm cooking for a crowd, I'll certainly follow food safety rules, but if it's family, and friends who I know are pretty laid back about such things, I'll do things like tasting from the pot multiple etimes as long as the contents are still at at least a good simmer. My son-in-law and I are both "pot tasters" and will frequently even use the same spoon to  compare notes over whether something needs a pinch of salt or whatever. I figure if his germs are good enough for my daughter, they won't do me any harm either. Honestly, if something is still at a simmer, is there actually any way that someone's germs can infect the pot? 

9 hours ago, sATL said:

I guess I would serve the fondue into separate cups/plates/etc

It would congeal very rapidly in small, separate cups, and even more quickly on a plate. The very nature of fondue pretty demands it be kept over some sort of heat.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm a sharer. As long as I know the other people involved and trust that they didn't actually swim in a cesspool shortly beforehand, it just doesn't occur to me to watch like a hawk lest I make secondhand contact with any "germy" parts of them. If I'm cooking for a crowd, I'll certainly follow food safety rules, but if it's family, and friends who I know are pretty laid back about such things, I'll do things like tasting from the pot multiple etimes as long as the contents are still at at least a good simmer. My son-in-law and I are both "pot tasters" and will frequently even use the same spoon to  compare notes over whether something needs a pinch of salt or whatever. I figure if his germs are good enough for my daughter, they won't do me any harm either. Honestly, if something is still at a simmer, is there actually any way that someone's germs can infect the pot? 

It would congeal very rapidly in small, separate cups, and even more quickly on a plate. The very nature of fondue pretty demands it be kept over some sort of heat.

I can't swear to it, but on cooking shows they often make a big deal out of people chucking the tasting spoon directly in the sink, and never using the same one twice, and I figure there has to be a reason.  I will generally taste a family member's if they ask me, and not be too fussy as to if they are eating after me, or me eating after them.

As for the fondue, I think you could get around that by pairing up people and having double pots, like in romantic fondue restaurants, which would be easier for the Duggars, but they probably don't have that many individual heating elements. I've only had the cheese type once communally at a party, and I don't remember how people got around the double dipping issue, honestly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I can't swear to it, but on cooking shows they often make a big deal out of people chucking the tasting spoon directly in the sink, and never using the same one twice, and I figure there has to be a reason.  I will generally taste a family member's if they ask me, and not be too fussy as to if they are eating after me, or me eating after them.

As for the fondue, I think you could get around that by pairing up people and having double pots, like in romantic fondue restaurants, which would be easier for the Duggars, but they probably don't have that many individual heating elements. I've only had the cheese type once communally at a party, and I don't remember how people got around the double dipping issue, honestly.

Haha...I always figured the reason was that they probably know there are a lot of germaphobes in the audience and don't want to lose viewers, but that's just me :)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Austin leave the hanger in the closet when you put your clothes on!  In other words, take the stick out your ass, dude!

Hush up, Grandpa, the young ' ins are having fun!

Austin claims to be such a germaphobe, who then licks his finger at the table!  I personally feel disgusted when someone licks their fingers, then , without washing their saliva and food grimy hands, go on to touch anything and everything.  Fridge door handles, salt shakers, I mean everything spreading their own germs and stickiness everywhere!  Yuck!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

OMG they actually had a segment asking random Duggars how long it would take Joe and Kendra to get to the hospital... Every time I ask myself if this show could get any more boring, it does. 

And Jeremy’s poor dad, stumbling and almost crashing into the ice cream table - just reveal the gender!! 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Is Manhattan the only place that has the below?  Asking seriously because I've seen it on shelves for years; yet whenever the discussion comes up people always/only say Kraft.  It happened on TWOP too.

image.png.117b1d0ec8214ad822db5955642cc612.png

We have it all over metro Atlanta.  I get the stuff that is  pecorino romano, same jars, similar product but sheep vs cow.  Mr. lookeyloo has a food sensitivity to cow dairy.  Sheep and goat dairy are fine.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

We have it all over metro Atlanta.  I get the stuff that is  pecorino romano, same jars, similar product but sheep vs cow.  Mr. lookeyloo has a food sensitivity to cow dairy.  Sheep and goat dairy are fine.

My mom buys this as well...probably because it comes in the smallest containers, and I've seen the same container lie dormant in her fridge for literally years until the contents revert to a solid block. Polish cooking doesn't call for much parmesan, but she did occasionally make spaghetti with Ragu sauce from a can and sprinkle a cautious teaspoonful on top of that.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Horrified said:

Joy definitely dipped at least twice before Austin caught her.  I was watching.

Joy and Austin crack me up. He has a very dry sense of humor and she's a feisty little thing. She knows he can be ridiculous. 

 

9 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

Austin and his fondue rules made me want to backslap him right across that arrogant face of his.  I’m all about avoiding gross germs, but he sucked every ounce of fun out of that gathering.

Yeah but the others were making fun of him and he seemed to be able to roll with it. 

Kendra is so sweet and adorable. Weird parents not withstanding. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

Good God, Jeremy.  I like to have fun as much as the next person, but that gender reveal party and the competition were absolutely ridiculous.  I do like that his dad was such a good sport and dove right in (literally!), but wow, they couldn’t have chosen someone else to run that relay race and squeeze through that damn tube?  These people love to make a spectacle of themselves.  

Austin and his fondue rules made me want to backslap him right across that arrogant face of his.  I’m all about avoiding gross germs, but he sucked every ounce of fun out of that gathering.  He even lectured Joy about it when it was just the two of them.  Also, if you’re going to act like an asshole with your fellow dinner guests, at least pronounce the word ‘etiquette’ correctly.  ‘Eticacy’ is not a word, you smug dumbass, and repeating it four or five times in a row will not make it one. 

Jeremy did say the older folks could have a "pitch runner"  (one of the younger ones) fill in for them if they wanted.  Mechelle asked. But I did like how Grandpa Vuolo dove right in.

I don't know how many times I screamed at the TV for Austin to take his hat off.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

 We have been married for 31 years. I have never called my in laws anything. Not Mom or Dad, nor their first names. I just have never called them anything. If I ever refer to them, they are “Husband’s Parents.”

I think folks should use whatever they're comfortable with.  Otherwise it could  be awkward.  But that's just me.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, asuwur said:

22 years...same...your relationship to your significant other's parental units has nothing necessarily to do with your relationship with your significant other...

I love how everyone answered that Josie is the most likely to double dip. Feral behavior is her trademark and zero Fs are given at this point.

Except for Lauren. OF COURSE she says Josiah. Plus, I think if they included SiRen next year for a couples dinner I bet that Lauren would join Kendra, Ben, and Austin as germaphobes. The only in-law who doesn't seem to care about germs is Derick. And Jinger is the only married Duggar who does seem to care about germs. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Maya said:

OMG they actually had a segment asking random Duggars how long it would take Joe and Kendra to get to the hospital... Every time I ask myself if this show could get any more boring, it does. 

And Jeremy’s poor dad, stumbling and almost crashing into the ice cream table - just reveal the gender!! 

Yes, and Jeremy’s dad almost ran over Jinger, but she stopped him from toppling over by grabbing his hands with hers.  Such a stupid idea the whole backyard thing.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I guess when the only things the show can feature are babies and weddings, they have to come up with increasingly ridiculous parties to break up the monotony. That jender reveal sounds ridiculous.

12 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

I think it’s interesting that all the “in-laws” are the germophobes (Kendra, Ben, and Austin). I bet they witnessed some pretty disgusting habits during D family dinners.

I'm not a germaphobe, but I'd become one around the Duggars.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

I could smell Austin’s hat through the tv.

It looked like one of those situations where it was less offensive (from a hygiene standpoint, not etiquettesy) for him to leave the hat on rather than take it off. You know you’re filming - go take a shower!

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, queenanne said:

on cooking shows they often make a big deal out of people chucking the tasting spoon directly in the sink, and never using the same one twice,

True cooks use a tasting spoon that goes in the mouth, but never in the dish. They use a separate spoon to ladle food from the pot onto their tasting spoon.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, sATL said:

Yes. just did a quick search at walmart.com for Alfredo sauce. a couple of different manufacturers.

I am not the biggest fan of alfredo, but I will share this horror - I have used tomato/Mariana sauce from the jar. I really never learned how to make it as youngin', and it took me years before I even considered taking the patience to attempt to learn. the family ate the jar variety and we lived.

I actually prefer Prego. And there is no excuse; iI cooked in Italian restaurants for 10 Years. But texture  is one of my dealbreakers and theirs just works for me. I do jazz it up a little but that’s my base. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

I actually prefer Prego. And there is no excuse; iI cooked in Italian restaurants for 10 Years. But texture  is one of my dealbreakers and theirs just works for me. I do jazz it up a little but that’s my base. 

I use jarred sauce for an instant pot recipe.  I have to confess to not being a purist as far as food goes.  We do eat mostly fresh foods, minimal processed, etc. but there are times I just don't want to fuss over something.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Here's what drives me bonkers about Duggar gender reveal parties. THE SCREAMING!! Why so much screaming? They react like someone just announced they were giving birth to Jesus. It's a girl....OH MY GOSH I CANT BELIEVE IT! It's a boy..."Oh my gosh..I can't believe it! Why?, what is so shocking? It's a human baby, odds are it's going to be a girl or boy. 

Get off my lawn and turn that music down.

Now if it was a puppy,that would be worth a scream or two. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Here's what drives me bonkers about Duggar gender reveal parties. THE SCREAMING!! Why so much screaming? They react like someone just announced they were giving birth to Jesus. It's a girl....OH MY GOSH I CANT BELIEVE IT! It's a boy..."Oh my gosh..I can't believe it! Why?, what is so shocking? It's a human baby, odds are it's going to be a girl or boy. 

Get off my lawn and turn that music down.

Yes, its not as if the baby won't be a boy or a girl. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

Now if it was a puppy,that would be worth a scream or two. 

Reminds me of the Designing Women episode where Carlene was having her baby shower. Bernice got her a gerbil for a gift. She said people would ask the parents if they wanted a boy or a girl, and the parents usually say as long as the baby is healthy they are happy for a boy or a girl. Of course, Bernice said you would care if the baby was a gerbil.

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I use jarred sauce for an instant pot recipe.  I have to confess to not being a purist as far as food goes.  We do eat mostly fresh foods, minimal processed, etc. but there are times I just don't want to fuss over something.  

 

1 hour ago, latetotheparty said:

I actually prefer Prego. And there is no excuse; iI cooked in Italian restaurants for 10 Years. But texture  is one of my dealbreakers and theirs just works for me. I do jazz it up a little but that’s my base. 

Agree. I.m partial to either/any brand. I too add little extra. It's just when you want to get a quick spaghetti dish on the table, I don't want the fuss of making sauce. I looked at a sauce recipe that cooks for a couple of hours. I get it-the flavors of the  ingredients have to blend..

And horror #2 - I did suggest to my college offspring to have a couple of jars on hand. So I guess to prevent them from being like the Duggar kid adults I need to get them to break that habit after graduation.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Watching now...

The Caldwells never thought they'd be young grandparents?! What the hell did they expect when they married their daughter off when she was barely out of puberty? 

Omigod, this gender reveal is fucking ridiculous. I'm happy for anyone having a baby, but I'm not dancing like a circus bear to find out the gender. Boy, girl, great. Whatever. Just tell me and cut the damn cake. And get off my lawn while you're at it.

I love (and echo) every word of this post! (“I’m not dancing like a circus bear” is hands-down the funniest part.)

6 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Here's what drives me bonkers about Duggar gender reveal parties. THE SCREAMING!! Why so much screaming? They react like someone just announced they were giving birth to Jesus. It's a girl....OH MY GOSH I CANT BELIEVE IT! It's a boy..."Oh my gosh..I can't believe it! Why?, what is so shocking? It's a human baby, odds are it's going to be a girl or boy. 

Get off my lawn and turn that music down.

Too goddamn funny/true!! Methinks it’s because these folks don’t have much else to get excited about. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

I normally find Austin insufferable, but I just can't blame him over the fondue rules. One, his family runs that camp. I imagine (or hope!) that a lot of caution and cleanliness is used when preparing meals for campers. Two, he's been exposed to the Duggars' disgusting eating habits.

Homemade Alfredo is so easy to make with fresh ingredients! I have no problem with jarred tomato based sauces, but not Alfredo. And if you're going to make it, why not take a little time to make it delicious? It does not take long to mince some fresh garlic and shred some fresh cheeses. It really doesn't. And it freezes really well so you can make a huge batch and have plenty for future meals. I was gagging at that "recipe." 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Kudos to mrs. Voulvo (Jeremy  mom) and the Laredo friends who threw a classy shower for Jinger. I.m sure she heavily financed it. To me, it kinda looked like she was showing the Duggars "this baby will be a voulvo.  This is how we do things"

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, you know what would be an awesome gender reveal at a party hosting a dozen small children? An obstacle course specifically designed to get them to vomit up the ice cream they had to eat as fast as they could. Brilliant idea.

Man, those Duggar boys really did lose the genetic lottery. Kendra's dad is hotter and looks way younger than Joe. I never thought one of these weirdo religious dads would venture into DILF territory, but he's definitely as close as anyone could get.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, sATL said:

Kudos to mrs. Voulvo (Jeremy  mom) and the Laredo friends TLC who threw a classy shower for Jinger. I.m sure she TLC heavily financed it. To me, it kinda looked like she was showing the Duggars "this baby will be a voulvo.  This is how we do things"

Corrected it for you. They are trying to pretend Jeremy and Jinger have a lot of friends and are still the Duggar stupor couple by having a classy shower. They are getting more desperate by the minute. Cannot wait to hear about the first baby shower for JD and Abbie because TLC will definitely be plugging them as the next Duggar stupor couple.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I could smell Austin’s hat through the tv.

It looked like one of those situations where it was less offensive (from a hygiene standpoint, not etiquettesy) for him to leave the hat on rather than take it off. You know you’re filming - go take a shower!

+1 for the proper use of etiquettesy.

2 hours ago, Quof said:

True cooks use a tasting spoon that goes in the mouth, but never in the dish. They use a separate spoon to ladle food from the pot onto their tasting spoon.

I never knew this!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, queenanne said:

Is Manhattan the only place that has the below?  Asking seriously because I've seen it on shelves for years; yet whenever the discussion comes up people always/only say Kraft.  It happened on TWOP too.

image.png.117b1d0ec8214ad822db5955642cc612.png

Nope. We have it South Louisiana. I use it regularly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, sATL said:

Kudos to mrs. Voulvo (Jeremy  mom) and the Laredo friends who threw a classy shower for Jinger. I.m sure she heavily financed it. To me, it kinda looked like she was showing the Duggars "this baby will be a voulvo.  This is how we do things"

Is it bad that when Jinger said they had a friend called Margarita I imagined she was a lesbian for a sec? Then Jinger said Jeremy married her and my bubble was burst, Jeremy wouldn’t marry lesbians. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Nysha said:

I don't get gender reveal parties. Everyone I've ever known who was pregnant and found out the sex beforehand simply told people what they were having. The last few baby showers I've attended have even been thrown in the baby's name, so you knew the sex and the name. I guess they make for good TV & YouTube videos, but they're not something I want to drag my anti-social self to see.

I grew up on the green can Parmesan cheese and absolutely hate it, it smells and tastes sour to me. It wasn't until about 12 years ago, at the urging of an online friend, that I tried actual real Parmesan cheese, which is truly awesome. That crap in the can should not be allowed to call itself Parmesan cheese. It should have to admit it's a chemical-based Parmesan cheese-like product produced by aliens out to overthrow our society, one warped stomach at a time.

Thanks for the memory of the green can Parmesan cheese I can still taste it and smell it to this day and I haven't had it since I was about 8 years old.

 

2 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Nope. We have it South Louisiana. I use it regularly.

We have it in Colorado. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

This is the only time I wish Derick was still on the show- watching his uncoordinated self doing the gender reveal obstacle course would have been priceless! 

Watching Smuggar get stuck in that nylon tube would've been pretty funny as well. 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

This is the only time I wish Derick was still on the show- watching his uncoordinated self doing the gender reveal obstacle course would have been priceless! 

He was "Pistol Pete"... surely he's got (or had) some moves in him...Alot of mascots now do athletic moves  (ex. push ups) every time the team scores,

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Ratings:  1.089 M viewers and a .31 rating. 

Lower than previous episodes, if I’m recalling correctly. Good.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×