Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Jinger's Double Surprise/S08.E11 Kendra Has A Baby

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Super neat. Fyi- when your daughter is 36 weeks pregnant, you are possibly too old to be using the words super neat.  It sounds like you are a teenager. I absolutely hate using the word super in this way.  Just use the word ‘very’. 

What is it with people calling their  in-laws Mr/Mrs/Pastor last-name.  Either call them by their first names or by Mom and Dad.  If you know them so little that you cannot do that, then maybe you shouldn’t be marrying into their family. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

What is it with people calling their  in-laws Mr/Mrs/Pastor last-name.  Either call them by their first names or by Mom and Dad.  If you know them so little that you cannot do that, then maybe you shouldn’t be marrying into their family. 

In my mind only the people that raised you are Mom/Dad. I was also taught not to address my elders by their first name unless invited.

So the Mr/Ms First Name for the in laws makes a lot of sense to me- showing respect but still familiar. If someone wants to be addressed by their title and last name I think it’s only respectful to do so.....I don’t think it’s a reflection on how well you know their child (the person you’re marrying not them), some people have little to no relationship with their in laws due to abuse, toxicity all the way to just personality difference. Of all the things this family does that doesn’t phase me. 

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Hey jessa. Why are YOUR wheels turning about a nursery for a baby that isn't yours? Have a seat Jessa, you're not in Tontitown anymore.

I was very impressed how Jeremy included his parents in the gender reveal, even asking his Dad to say the prayer. Jeremy also made it plain that he and Jinger were hosting this event. Poor JB, had to exit the stage. 

I would be very insulted if my daughter in law never called me by either my name or Mom.  It would make me feel unliked. But then, I’m not from the south. Unabashed Yankee here. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 11

The gender reveal obstacle course was good television, as much as it pains me to say. I was literally laughing out loud.

I am curious if Josh made the trip. Although I suppose he can’t be left alone at home ? Did he compete and just kept off camera? Was he relegated to the inside the Vuolo house while filming?

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Jessa is ticking me off. "What's the fun in splitting up for bachelor and bachelorette parties?" Well honey, the fun is getting together with your girlfriends but then again you wouldn't know anything about friends outside of your cocoon.

I'd pay good $$$ to see a Duggar hire a stripper for a party. Smuggar's escapades don't count.

• Love 14

1.  Ben made Mrs. Duggar's recipe for Alfredo sauce?  That woman has recipes?  I see it called for one JAR of parmesan.  Didn't those kids sample the real thing on their Italian honeymoon?  

2.  Joy definitely dipped at least twice before Austin caught her.  I was watching.

• Love 21
22 minutes ago, Horrified said:

1.  Ben made Mrs. Duggar's recipe for Alfredo sauce?  That woman has recipes?  I see it called for one JAR of parmesan.  Didn't those kids sample the real thing on their Italian honeymoon?  

2.  Joy definitely dipped at least twice before Austin caught her.  I was watching.

I don't think I've ever seen a JAR of parmesan, and I was a cheesemonger in college. The Duggars could invest in a 70# wheel of the Good Stuff, but it would be totally wasted in their nasty food. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think I've ever seen a JAR of parmesan, and I was a cheesemonger in college. The Duggars could invest in a 70# wheel of the Good Stuff, but it would be totally wasted in their nasty food. 

2.2.2_Cheese_RoastedGarlicParmesan1.thumb.png.715ad8a1a6cb547c797604a9b1289019.png

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I saw Anna, Mack, Mike, and Mason in a couple of screenshots. I'd bet the farm that Smuggar was there but kept off-camera.

I actually saw the backs of Anna & Smuggar.  They have weaseled JBob &Mich back on, now these two.

• Love 9

So their friends knew the gender of the baby before their families? Or is this TLC messing with time lines again? Now way that party with all the pink was put together the day after the gender reveal. And what about all the pink gifts? Everyone went shopping as soon as they found out it was a girl? Doesn't add up.

• Love 16
26 minutes ago, Bethanne said:

Austin, stop trying to make “etiquettesy” happen. It’s not going to happen. 

This! Austin, "etiquettesy" is no fetch. I was hoping for someone to correct him. Though if I know what someone is trying to say I do not correct them either, but I might if it was Austin.

This show is basically the same events/storylines, different season. Of course there was that riveting discussion about how it is apparently strange for a salad to not have lettuce. My eyes were rolling so far into the back of my head.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 11

Kraft makes it.  I use it instead of breadcrumbs when I make meatloaf.  The house brand at both markets that I shop at is also in a green-labeled container.  It is next to the prepared Ragu-type sauce.  I much prefer fresh grated from the deli, but this works well as a filler in gluten-free recipes.

Thanks, @AussiesRule.  You beat me to it.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Do they even sell that stuff? I haven't seen it in years.

Yes. just did a quick search at walmart.com for Alfredo sauce. a couple of different manufacturers.

I am not the biggest fan of alfredo, but I will share this horror - I have used tomato/Mariana sauce from the jar. I really never learned how to make it as youngin', and it took me years before I even considered taking the patience to attempt to learn. the family ate the jar variety and we lived.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 12

Jessa and Ben- Loved the idea for the couple date night. It’s a shame Austin had to be so uptight over the whole “double-dipping” thing. It got me wondering what else is he controlling about.

Jinger and Babe- The “secret” baby shower was done fairly well and I got a kick at watching the obstacle course scenes. However, the hoopla over a new baby in Duggar world has grown tiresome. Gender reveal parties, baby shower, baby moon sip and see....my god it never ends. Only thing worth giving a hoot about at their parties, is the food.

Kendra and Joe-Didn’t care for the pointless filler earlier on or the shameless rehash of content at the end. I laughed so hard, when Christina said “It’s beautiful” that her and Kendra are pregnant together, though. As if.

Siren- Human foosball is a cool idea, but there’s no way Lauren pitched it. It’s too bad, they can’t have normal bachelorette/bachelor parties. But it beats poor Jinger’s bead making fiasco. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SuzyLee said:

Good God, Jeremy.  I like to have fun as much as the next person, but that gender reveal party and the competition were absolutely ridiculous.  I do like that his dad was such a good sport and dove right in (literally!), but wow, they couldn’t have chosen someone else to run that relay race and squeeze through that damn tube?  These people love to make a spectacle of themselves.  

Austin and his fondue rules made me want to backslap him right across that arrogant face of his.  I’m all about avoiding gross germs, but he sucked every ounce of fun out of that gathering.  He even lectured Joy about it when it was just the two of them.  Also, if you’re going to act like an asshole with your fellow dinner guests, at least pronounce the word ‘etiquette’ correctly.  ‘Eticacy’ is not a word, you smug dumbass, and repeating it four or five times in a row will not make it one. 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=etiquacy. There is also a variation spelled “eticacy “.  They aren’t words per se but some do use them.

Edited by Mary
Longer response
  • Love 1