Type keyword(s) to search

Season 15 Discussion

• Start Topic

yeah, i was sad natalie didn't get stolen (certainly would've preferred her to some of the other steals).  i would imagine, though, it had to do with the coaches thinking that past seasons have shown that rocker chick singers don't tend to do all that well (especially in more recent seasons).  i would've enjoyed seeing more of her, though.

i thought reagan was a cute, if not terribly impressive singer, at the blinds, but man she stepped up here and now might be one to watch.

franc is quite compelling, and tyshawn stood out to me in his battle, so i can't fault jennifer for either of those choices.  

and does anybody know the story from the battle with mikele?  because i loved his audition and felt he was a real contender.  i wish someone who was there could tell us what happened.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>>i would imagine, though, it had to do with the coaches thinking that past seasons have shown that rocker chick singers don't tend to do all that well (especially in more recent seasons).  

So it's not really about "The Voice," is that what you're saying?  ;-)

>>What's up with the Come Back option?  Is that new?  I didn't catch how it works. 

I didn't stick around to watch it, don't care. Basically, some chick I never heard of arbitrarily picked several contestants from among assorted no-chair turners during the blinds, IIRC, giving them a chance to get compete against each other to earn a spot on the show?  A wrong-headed idea on many levels, IMO. Anyway, she picked a really handsome but "meh" male singer, and, oh yeah, the just-okay daughter of the keyboardist for the rock band Journey, among others. I'm sure looks and pedigree had nothing to do with her choices, though. 

Edited by adhoc

I thought we got some pretty good performances in this episode.  This may be part because the coaches seem to be finally realizing that these battles work best when the contestants treat them as a duet by focusing on their complementary strengths, rather than just trying to outshout or outrun each other.  At least Adam and Halsey seemed to realize this (I think all of Halsey's comments were very on point and may have served to restrain Jennifer's tendency to push her contestants to always go big).

A good example of this was the Jake-Natalie battle, which really did come off very well.  I agree that the song choice and arrangement worked in Jake's favor, but Natalie completely held her own.  Either one of them were much more deserving of a steal than Keith Paluso. 

The biggest surprise for me was Reagan, who I thought had probably had the best, all around performance of the evening.  The only thing that kept that from being the battle of the season was that Emily lost control at moments.  Given the relative maturity of the performances I would have thought Reagan was the one who was three years older.

My biggest disagreement with the coaches was Kelly picking Abby over Delaney, who gave my second favorite performance of the night.  Delaney's first verse was sublime and the rest was pretty good as well even if Abby did sing over her at times.  This was a classic case of the louder singer getting picked over the better singer.  I'm glad Adam got at least one of his steals right.

Not that the louder singer isn't sometimes the better choice.  I can't disagree with Jennifer picking Franc over the Matt, despite the later having a more well rounded voice.  There is something unique about Franc's voice and performance and vocals that set him apart, while there are other better versions of Matt in the competition.

Dave Fenley and the two guys who sung the last battle were also pretty good.

Edited by viajero
8 hours ago, Kayce said:

I am looking forward to seeing Kennedy.  She is my fave so far. 

I don't know what the implications of her being montaged will be.

On another note, another non-eventful end of show knowing that Blake had the only steal left and this was the last battle.  How can that aspect of the show be improved?

21 hours ago, Kayce said:

I am looking forward to seeing Kennedy.  She is my fave so far. 

Same.  Which is why I'm annoyed that she was montaged.  I haven't watched all seasons as this show tends to lose my interest after the blinds but has anyone who was montaged ever made it far on this show?  

12 hours ago, Babalooie said:

On another note, another non-eventful end of show knowing that Blake had the only steal left and this was the last battle.  How can that aspect of the show be improved?

I think the only way to make those even somewhat surprising is to stop saving them for the end of the episode/end of the rounds. Then at least we aren’t saying “oh, it’s 8:50, time for a steal.”

i do remember the blond country singer, kristen merlin, from a long-ago season, who was montaged and then had her microphone go out for around 30 seconds on a live show.  but she did make the finalists, so there is precedent. 

on the voice uk and australia, all of the battles are shown in full.  i much prefer that format.  and for folks who were waiting to hear kennedy and kurt, especially, the montages in this episode were frustrating.  i had thought, oh, they're saving them for this final battle show, but nope.  

and i'm *still* puzzling over mikele buck's being montaged last ep - we don't even hear him sing a note.  i find it hard to believe his performance was that bad, not after that blind audition (which i've rewatched a few times, and i'm not even a big fan of country music).  kelly was so intentional about wanting more male singers, too, but then didn't keep him - makes me think it was something behind the scenes, either his politics or something about him that the producers were nervous about, or maybe he was difficult to work with or something.  

and thanks for that list of the complete teams as they stand now, PhD-Purgatory15.  there are more than three that i think are pretty great on each of the coaches' teams.  will be interesting to see how the knockouts go.

3 hours ago, veronicalodge44 said:

on the voice uk and australia, all of the battles are shown in full.  

I'd wager that they do not have as many commercials, therefore, more time is available for the actual program.

Wow, I agree giving a 'rocker' freakin' 'Closing Time' is a subtle screw job and maybe the worst of the Battles... that is until Blake totally screwed and 'punished' Kaylee Hill before she even hit the stage.

First I have to mention how stunningly bad the song choice of Hootie and the Blowfish was for two supposed 'country' artists. It gave them almost nothing to work with when distilled down to perform (which was done oddly). Yes Darius Rucker sings Country now but this wasn't an example of that...

He apparently just wanted Kayley to sing and play for his boy Kameron. This was the worst I've seen I think... In the first practice/run through both were singing and playing guitar. Blake allowed Kameron to decide he wouldn't play so he could give a better performance. Kaylee was stuck playing and thus stuck to her seat playing the accompaniment for the song AND singing it. That's bad.

What happened afterwards was downright criminal. In Blake's picking of Kameron who he'd already favored earlier he said that he enjoyed that Kameron gave more of a stage performance. *insert eye roll* But it got worse as he went on the tell everyone about how he let Kameron ditch his guitar and instead of saying 'So, with that in mind I give it to Kaylee who carried the song." He praised Kameron for the bold choice and gave HIM the win. *spitting mad emoji* I couldn't f'ing believe that bullshit and it will in my mind hover or Blake's stupid head for quite some time, he's majorly on my shit list.

Edited by Wandering Snark

One thing I have noticed about Blake from all the years I have watched this shows is that he allows his artists to make a lot of their own decisions. He suggests things at times but I don’t think he ever said no. If Kayley wanted to drop her guitar, I don’t see him telling her no. Some people are just more comfortable with it.

He has won enough of these seasons to know the best way to see what his team can do now and maybe in the future. He is limited by the people that pick him but he does seem to have a winning formula for going far.

I don't know why the coaches were raving so much about that last song.  It seemed to me that both contestants weren't nearly as good as in their blind auditions.  Of course, it didn't help that I wasn't really feeling the song.

I thought the two earlier battles were much better and pretty close contests.  Though I probably would have picked Sarah and Kameron as the winners, I felt that both Erika and Kayley were better than several others who got through. 

Add me to those who were disappointed that the Kennedy vs. Lela battle was montaged.  I had been looking forward to seeing both of them.

8 hours ago, veronicalodge44 said:

i do remember the blond country singer, kristen merlin, from a long-ago season, who was montaged and then had her microphone go out for around 30 seconds on a live show.  but she did make the finalists, so there is precedent.

There have been several finalists who were montaged in the battles or knockout rounds, including winner Cassadee Pope.  But Kristen was the only one who was montaged in both the battle and knockout rounds (plus having her mike go out on the live show).

12 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

So, uh.....all the individual episode threads have been merged into one General Discussion thread from here on out?

When forums have lower traffic, as this season’s threads have, the site opts for a single season wide discussion thread as opposed to individual episode threads.

15 minutes ago, chloerose2 said:

So Kelly just said she lost someone thus forcing her to put three contestants together for knockouts???  Who did she lose?   Has this ever happened before?  Any news on WHAT happened?

Cody Ray Raymond dropped out. He was the blues guy who auditioned with "Born Under A Bad Sign," and beat out SandyRedd in the battle round where they sang "Cry To Me."

"According to the Gazette Times, Raymond dropped out because of “personal matters,” but those issues are unknown. A few days ago, Raymond revealed on his Instagram account some insight as to what may have made him leave. Raymond wrote, “Fans, friends, and new supporters, I want to thank you all for the love sent my way with my journey on The Voice so far, but due to personal matters, I’ve had to come back to my roots and end this chapter. I’m okay and my family is okay. But stay tuned for new music with these fellas. Sending love back.” Perhaps he didn’t like the format of the show, the pressure or the showbiz atmosphere since he stated he needs to “come back to my roots.”

Edited by Ketzel

This is the one point in the competition where the odds really are in the contestants favor. We start with 31 (due to Cody Ray Raymond's leaving the Voice), and via win, steal or save...24 will survive this round. Better than 75% odds!

Honestly, Tyke should of been eliminated just for choosing "Ring of Fire". So not the song for him. Keith wasn't much better, but I still preferred him in that KO. Not really enough to be super psyched about Kelly using her steal on him though.

Kelly's three-way went pretty much the way I thought it would. I'm just not seeing it with Kymberli though. I feel like she's about the 20th version of the same kind of singer that always flames out around 8th or 9th place. Natassia and Zaxai (especially Zaxai) bring a lot more to the table IMO

Immediately knew when they paired up MacKenzie and Mike that someone was officially toast. No steal/save forthcoming. A bit surprised that Mike got the boot, I think Kelly's passionate support of MaKenzie through the song and after the song might have actually swayed JHud's decision in this one instance.

RADHA/Reagan was just kind of eh, although kudos to Reagan for picking an ambitious Robyn song. Although....some seriously risque things must of been happening at Reagan's 8th grade dance if we are to read too much into the lyrical content of what she was singing lol. If I'm Delaney though, I'm worried that with RADHA getting Adam's save, she could be sacrificed to the cult of Jake and be one of the unlucky 7 to leave at this stage.

Funsho is totally a The Weekend/Bruno Mars karaoke machine, but sadly Katrina was way way off of her best so he probably deserved the win. For some reason, I don't feel he's going to survive the massive cut down from 24 to 13.

Skipped the last KO cause I was 99% sure that JHud was going to save whoever "lost".

For those keeping score at home, that means Kelly and Blake still have their saves & Adam and JHud still have their steals left.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15

Keekski, the next round after this will have the Top 24 (6 on each team) battle for 12 spots (3 on each team, with 2 voted in by the fans and 1 by the Coach's save).  I'm assuming it will be the same three night process with two team's going on Monday, two on Tuesday and the results on Wednesday that it's been in season's past.

The week after that, Kelsea Ballerini's one comeback artist will enter the actual show as the 13th finalist.

Who was the young lady who sang I'll Be There last night and did those odd hand movements.  I know that Maria told her to put some emotion into the song, but, she really went off in an odd direction with her hands. It wasn't sign language  was it?  I don't want to disparage something good, but, it seemed that she was not aware of what she was doing and I found it very distracting.  I couldn't watch the whole thing.  Did they allow her to do that in rehearsals?  They told her to focus on more emotion and feelings and the next minute she said she had to get the song perfect.  I don't think she got it. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Who was the young lady who sang I'll Be There last night and did those odd hand movements.  I know that Maria told her to put some emotion into the song, but, she really went off in an odd direction with her hands. It wasn't sign language  was it?  I don't want to disparage something good, but, it seemed that she was not aware of what she was doing and I found it very distracting.  I couldn't watch the whole thing.  Did they allow her to do that in rehearsals?  They told her to focus on more emotion and feelings and the next minute she said she had to get the song perfect.  I don't think she got it. 

I’m an interpreter...it was no sign I know. 

I thought Monday's episode was okay.  At least three of the knockouts were worth watching.  We got some very good performances from Natasia and Kymberli, plus some fairly good performances from SandyRedd, Patrique, Reagan, Radha, and Zaxai.   Unfortunately neither artist in the other three knockouts impressed me all that much.

Natasia probably did the best job of combining good vocals with an emotional connection to the song, while not going overboard.  I obviously don't agree with the coaches on her since I also thought she was the clear winner of her battle.  At least Blake came through with the steal.  She could be a dark horse this season if she can pull off another great performance next week (which she will probably need to do since Blake's team is looking fairly strong).

Kymberli once again proved she has the vocal chops to be a contender, but I'm not sure how much I liked her version of that particular song.

Patrique and SandyRedd and were pretty much the opposite of each other.  His vocals were impressive, but I didn't see the emotional connection to the song you would expect from someone singing to their deceased father.  Her performance was electric, but her vocals were more than a bit uneven.

Reagan and Radha came across as two girls with considerable natural talent, but who need a little more experience to fulfill their potential.  I could see at least Reagan making the live shows given that I like her better than everyone else on Adam's team so far, but she'll have to keep improving to go all the way to the final.

22 hours ago, chloerose2 said:

So Kelly just said she lost someone thus forcing her to put three contestants together for knockouts???  Who did she lose?   Has this ever happened before?  Any news on WHAT happened?

Sawyer Fredricks was in a three way knockout in his season, also because someone dropped out after winning their battle.

So, tonight we got:

On Team JHud, the first real "surprise" in the KO's with Franc defeating Tyshawn (and Tyshawn not getting a steal or a save).

Tons of nerves both ways from Claire and Abby on Team Kelly. More so from Claire, so I can't really be mad at Kelly for taking Abby, who I think she thinks of as a little teenage mini-me.

Dave's voice is just like a warm, phlemmy hug lol. But Kameron was a bit of a wildcard doing Marley. And doing a pretty decent version too. Adam swoops in and uses his steal on Kameron.

**One thing this means is that Kelly's final KO of Sarah Grace and Chevel Sheppard will provide us with Kelly's save. By process of elimination this has to happen.

The other KO's left from Team Blake will include Kirk Jay, Michael Lee, Chris Kroeze& Colton Smith

From Team Adam, DeAndre NicoJake Wells, Delaney Silvernell, & Steve Memmolo

From Team JHud, Anthony Arya, & Kennedy Holmes

Adam has already used both his steal and save (RADHA & Kameron). Kelly has used her steal on Keith, and must save either Sarah or Chevel, Blake's got a save left (he already stole Natassia), and JHud saved SandyRedd and has the last steal remaining.

@ Ketzel. thank you for the info.  Cody Ray Raymond was one of my faves.  I am really disappointed.  Why go on a show and make it pretty far and drop out?  Makes no sense, handle your business, don't take a spot someone else could use.

1 hour ago, chloerose2 said:

@ Ketzel. thank you for the info.  Cody Ray Raymond was one of my faves.  I am really disappointed.  Why go on a show and make it pretty far and drop out?  Makes no sense, handle your business, don't take a spot someone else could use.

Had he not watched this show , and knew what it was about, before he signed on? A friend recently posted some video him performing at a club in our area. A really "small potatoes" kind of place, so apparently he didn't drop out because he had big career plans.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:43 AM, deaja said:

When forums have lower traffic, as this season’s threads have, the site opts for a single season wide discussion thread as opposed to individual episode threads.

Yes, I'd noticed how few posts there've been compared to past years. Either this show has lost a sizeable number of Previously TV folks, or people are still watching but have become too apathetic to post.

I've always fast forwarded through the coaches' comments, but lately I find myself fast forwarding through most of the performances as well. For me, way too many singers who sound the same, and do the same kind of performance weak after weak. No surprises.  It's all very formula.

That said, I did like Zaxai's smooth Smokey Robinson-like delivery. He's a performer, but he can really sing as well. As opposed to someone like SandyRedd, who's all about the performance but vocally can be shaky. I also really liked McKenzie this week. Her vocal had a lot of nuance, which is often lacking on this show. (Hate to say this, but if she looked like Chloe Kahanski she'd probably be considered one of the favorites.)

Yes, looks matter on "The Voice." How else to explain Tyke getting this far, and all the talk from the coaches about how "he can win this thing." It got a little better towards the end, but for the first half of "Ring of Fire" he appeared so clueless that I thought I was watching a comedy routine. Kind of like the lounge singer bit that Bill Murray used to do on SNL. How can you do that to such an iconic Johnny Cash song? (Okay, so he did surprise me. But not in a good way).

Edited by bluepiano
On 10/29/2018 at 11:43 PM, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Honestly, Tyke should of been eliminated just for choosing "Ring of Fire". So not the song for him.

True story: I'm not sure what this means, but here goes... my husband has very diverse musical tastes*** but with contemporary radio stations, country music is one of his default go-tos. He prefers "vintage" country - 60's through 80's stuff - but will listen to contemporary country music stations when I'm not in the car with him (I'm very particular about my country music - Willie Nelson, Garth Brooks, Dan Seals, etc. - and not really a fan of most of the new stuff).

So I was watching the show, and hubby was doing work on his computer, listening to my comments but not really watching or paying close attention. Tyke starts playing "Ring of Fire." My hubby stops to listen, abandons his laptop, saying "what a great version of this song." I'm liking it also because I like folk music, but I'm also enjoying the visuals (My formative music years were in the 80's, and admit I enjoy long, pretty guy hair). Hubby didn't care about that though... he just liked Tyke's voice and the rendition, and at the end of the performance was saying how he would consider buying that version of the song.

Make of that what you will... Maybe there is something to Tyke that appeals to some country fans? I enjoy folk music, so I really liked it on that level. And the pretty.

I was glad though that Keith was saved and then stolen. When the pairing was announced I was lamenting it and telling hubby all during the rehearsal part that I didn't want to lose either of those guys, because I really liked them both, so I'm glad they are both still in it. I was worried that since it was the first battle, no one would want to use their save or steal.

*** On his iPod he has Mozart sharing space with Disturbed and Zydeco music and almost everything in between.

My reaction to Tyke's version of Ring of Fire was not good.  That's all I'll say about that. 

I wonder if few people follow it now, because it's still early in the season. I think all those contestants are hard to keep up with it.  I also think that people may be over saturated. We get so much hoopla on this show about how awesome the artists are and how they are going to be superstars and are on the verge of a successful career in the music industry and then it doesn't happen AGAIN.  The coaches are just acting.  They may actually like an artists, but, they know the truth about this show.  Eventually, I think viewers get enough of that. I still watch because, I do enjoy seeing some of the contestants.  I have no delusions of what this is though, which is really a singing contest for money.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe

You want an, er, interesting take on "Ring of Fire," try Adam Lambert's rendition on AI Season 8. I can't remember if he said it was based on someone else's version.

Sadly, Anthony Riley dropped out of The Voice some seasons back. He subsequently committed suicide and it was revealed at that time that he had an ongoing battle with substance abuse issues. (I'm guessing those issues are why he dropped out of/was dropped from? the show.) I saw his blind audition--it was amazing.  He looked to be the total package.

2 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

I love how Mariah hugs the contestants but you can still see an occasional look of, "Oh god, please don't let their peasant cooties get on me..." flash across her face lol

Yes to that...plus geez, put the boobs away. Enough already. 

2 hours ago, adhoc said:

You want an, er, interesting take on "Ring of Fire," try Adam Lambert's rendition on AI Season 8. I can't remember if he said it was based on someone else's version..

For me that amazing.. A great example of someone completely reinterpreting a song, but still  remaining true to the spirit and meaning of the original. (And I'm a huge Johnny Cash fan).  Adam Lambert did that with several of his other covers.  He was a true "artist," an overused word on these singing shows.

9 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

I love how Mariah hugs the contestants but you can still see an occasional look of, "Oh god, please don't let their peasant cooties get on me..." flash across her face lol

And I was thinking how totally expressionless her face is at all times, no doubt thanks to Botox or the equivalent. I don't think she can produce a facial expression other than "calm half-smile," any more, even if she tries.

Mariah basically gave the same speech to every performer: You are totally fabulous, but don't push too hard and give away all your tricks at the beginning, save some for the end.

She was a snooze for me. 

If they are testing out new coaches, Keith Urban and Halsey, yes! Mariah, Return of Ceelo, and that guy Kelly had as an advisor, no! 

On 10/31/2018 at 7:52 PM, Ketzel said:

And I was thinking how totally expressionless her face is at all times, no doubt thanks to Botox or the equivalent. I don't think she can produce a facial expression other than "calm half-smile," any more, even if she tries.

Yeah, I find her face really creepy. Definitely not a fan, and I likely wouldn't watch if she were a regular judge for a season. I fast-forwarded through her mentor sessions.

Putting on my Nostradamus hat before the end of the KOs in tonight's episode.

Sarah Grace will defeat Chevel on Team Kelly. Because Chevel needs to be saved by Kelly...we will see this KO.

Kennedy will annihilate Anthony on team JHud. This feels like a KO that would often get the dreaded montage treatment. However, with only 6 KOs left, I think everyone gets theirs shown in it's entirety tonight.

Michael Lee will knock off Chris Kroeze in the KO that's been "leaked" early to Ytube. Chris will then get Blake's save.

So JHud's steal has to come from these last three battles. In my mind, it would play out where Kirk Jay wins over Colton Smith in Blake's 2nd KO, and Jake Wells over Delaney Silvernell/DeAndre Nico over Steve Memmolo. To me, Steve has absolutely no shot and unless she really screws up (like Katrina Cain level bad)....the steal should be all Delaney.

However, knowing how this show tends to go I'm afraid JHud is actually going to steal back Colton which would border on a travesty...

Your fears came true! That was a nice moment, though. JHud seemed genuinely happy. 

I'm not usually very good at keeping track of people at this stage, let alone making predictions. I preferred Chris to Micheal, but I thought the reaction to Michael showed he could be a threat to hang around a while. He might be Blake's best bet for the season. I haven't been too impressed with Team Blake overall though.

I guess this is why threads get combined... In my case I have just barely revived from a serious case of Voice burnout, it's another example of "how can I miss you if you never go away?".

And even now all I can come up with that Blake really, in these times esp., needs to stop kissing his contestants. I know it's supposed to be funny and part of the whole Blake persona package but I mean he kissed that one guy like half a dozen times tonight. Hellooooo *gestures* Personal Space!!!

Dammit, my prediction about Colton came true. Sigh.

My initial, initial takeaway from tonight was that Michael Lee's "Whipping Post"<<<<<Bo Bice's "Whipping Post" (from AI Season 4).

I'm also annoyed that Adam and JHud conspired to knockout Delaney. She wasn't at her very very best, but she still brings way more originality and uniqueness to the table than Steve & Colton combined.

I also could not understand more than 5 words Chevel sang that weren't in the chorus of Travelin Soldier. Yes she has an intriguing tone but if it's mostly incoherent word soup it's not really going to help all that much moving forward.

For those keeping track, our Top 24 is:

Team Adam (DeAndre Nico, Kameron Marlowe (STEAL), RADHA, Reagan Strange, Steve Memmolo (r'lly?), & Tyke James)

Team Blake (Chris Kroeze, Dave Fenley, Funsho, Kirk Jay, Michael Lee, & Natassia 'By the Power of Greyskull' GreyCloud (STEAL))

Team JHud (Colton Smith (STEAL BACK), Franc West, Kennedy Holmes, MaKenzie Thomas, Patrique Fortson, & SandyRedd)

Team Kelly (Abby Cates, Chevel Sheppard, Keith Paluso (STEAL), Kymberli Joye, Sarah Grace, & Zaxai)

On 10/31/2018 at 12:10 AM, bluepiano said:

I've always fast forwarded through the coaches' comments, but lately I find myself fast forwarding through most of the performances as well.

This is why I'm no longer a Voice watcher, which I thought would never happen.  I took Hudson's first season off, because I just couldn't with her.  Came back last season, and found that I was fast forwarding through more than I was watching.  So, I'm done....but not so done that I don't check the forums once in awhile!

Yeah, I was amused to watch  JHud, sitting there with her face pinched as she "struggled" to make this "incredibly difficult decision" between Kennedy and Anthony.  I suppose it was nice that she was trying to spare Anthony's feelings, but seriously, I thought she went a bit overboard trying to sell it.

So... Jake Wells is the dude who won the battle round against Natalie? The guy who did not win last night? Adam liked him better than Natalie? Hmmm 

I also could not understand more than 5 words Chevel sang that weren't in the chorus of Travelin Soldier. Yes she has an intriguing tone but if it's mostly incoherent word soup it's not really going to help all that much moving forward.

Yep, and also no breath control or connection with the audience. Would Kelly have picked her over the other one if she were not so gosh darned cute? I'm not sure. When Kelly said she was picking the one who--in her heart--she believed was ready to go up against the older contestants now, I thought it was obvious she meant Sarah Grace. 

Aargh. The Voice this year has been frustrating with what's available to watch if you don't have access to your DVR, so I've been behind. Maybe other viewers are too, which contributes to the lower number of posts this season?

They’re starting the narrative that Kennedy is mega-talented but too slick or not emotional enough. Sure, she’s 13 but the resume she spouted off is longer than that of people twice her age coming onto this show. Then again, it was a blowout — a 4 chair turn against a steal, and a steal singing a much quieter, less crowd-pleasing song at that.

Did they mention that Colton was hearing-impaired before? I’d be surprised if he does go far, but agree that he was a consummate professional. Good that Blake pointed out that he was the only one with the vocal power to be paired with Kirk Jay. I’m glad they showed Jennifer’s hand hover over the button once and pull back before she actually did go in for the save. That helped bring the emotion of the moment through for me as a viewer.

And Kirk Jay. I’ve loved him from the blinds, and this performance stoked that love even more. I felt every bit of what he was singing, and I’m really praying that Blake does right by him with song choices moving forward.

Steve Memmolo may look like Ben Affleck, which is distracting because he makes really goofy faces when he sings. It’s especially unfortunate when it’s a love song. I thought he was oddly underdressed for a performance, until he got up to hug his coach Adam, and realized they were dressed almost the same. Still, it was not really surprising that he won the knockout, since Delaney sounded (to me) like she was flat at times. I wasn't impressed by either (hence my fixation on the goofy faces)

That was adorable at the end, with Blake kissing Chris and saying “Turn the camera off.” I’m easily entertained.

I thought Colton was awful and his song choice was terrible. So cheesy and over-the-top. I was stunned when Jennifer stole him. WTF? So many more talented singers were available and she went for THAT?

I cannot fathom why Adam kept that Ben Affleck look alike. That is all he has going for him and it's stupid. He will NEVER win. What a dumb choice. Delaney didn't sound her best but she is miles ahead of that doofus. He's too old and his song selections have been questionable.

There are still too many people left for me to totally keep track of who's who, especially with the steals and saves. At this point, my favorites are Kirk, Kennedy and Abby. I think Franc is interesting, and I also think  DeAndre and Kymberli Joye have great voices, but I probably wouldn't buy or listen to anything they put out. I really don't want to hear Colton (Jennifer should have saved Delaney!), Tyke or Steve ever again.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:51 AM, adhoc said:

Yeah, I was amused to watch  JHud, sitting there with her face pinched as she "struggled" to make this "incredibly difficult decision" between Kennedy and Anthony.  I suppose it was nice that she was trying to spare Anthony's feelings, but seriously, I thought she went a bit overboard trying to sell it.

My thoughts exactly. On occasion I think the coaches might actually be struggling with their decision, but probably 90% of the time they have no trouble deciding and all that agonizing is for show. Often they've probably decided even before the singers take the stage, which was definitely the case with Kennedy. No way she's not going to the lives, so JHud's "struggle" was way over the top and unconvincing.

Though I actually thought Anthony did a nice job, and for a 15 year old was able to sing that song with some real convincing feeling. He reminds me of Sawyer Fredericks,. Funny how Sawyer was the obvious winner of his season from the start, while Anthony was clearly going nowhere.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:31 AM, Ilovepie said:

I cannot fathom why Adam kept that Ben Affleck look alike. That is all he has going for him and it's stupid. He will NEVER win. What a dumb choice. Delaney didn't sound her best but she is miles ahead of that doofus. He's too old and his song selections have been questionable.

Steve is benefitting from being Adam's bromance this season. Each season he seems to have one, but sometimes they are genuinely talented. (like Laith al-Sadi). Probably no other coach would've even chosen in to win the Battle Round. Delaney is not stylistically my cup of tea, but she is a really good singer, way better than some of the people who are advancing. This show may be called "The Voice" but there so many other factor that come into play.

Edited by bluepiano