Type keyword(s) to search

Season 15 Discussion

• Start Topic

I see a lot of people hating on the bathrobe, but are we sure she didn't have her dress on underneath? I can see women wearing a bathrobe backstage, to protect their outfit while they're getting their hair and makeup done. And it's probably a bit cold backstage, because they don't want people sweating before they have to go on live TV. But I think the bathrobe definitely helped with the sympathy vote. I hope they divulge what her illness was. It was so vague. All I can think is that she might have been light-headed and couldn't really stand or move around.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find so ironic about all this is that Adam has gained a reputation for throwing the woman on his team under the bus to favor his bros.  It got to the point where female contestants rarely pick Adam if they have a choice.

In any case, I'm not ready to blame Reagan for all this until we hear more about what was afflicting her.  For all we know, she may have completely lost her voice and the bathrobe was pushed on her by the producers.  This mess is mostly on them and on Adam.

I certainly don't agree that this is a reason why teenagers should not be allowed to compete on the show.  While some of them may clearly not be ready, others certainly are.  I thought that easily the two most entertaining performances on Monday night were given to us by teen girls (Kennedy and Sarah).  This show would be awfully boring if all we got was a parade of Dave Fenley's and Chris Kroeze's.

There isn't much more to say but that was awful...really, really awful.  The show couldn't have figured out a way to make this work without trotting this kid out wearing her bathrobe and crying on mommy's shoulder?  Her bathrobe????  She could manage to slap on some make up and get to the studio but couldn't put clothes on???  There's something really icky and manipulative about the ending last night and it didn't do the show any favors.

Then there's Adam.  I can't add anything to the disdain already expressed but I now officially despise him and I hope he has trouble getting anyone to pick him next season.  

DeAndre sang beautifully last night and watching his face just about killed me.  He got stabbed in the back, plain and simple.  Then he got bussed and freight-trained for good measure.  

I've watched competitive singing competitions since AI, season one and over and over I've seen contestants OF ALL AGES sing with a variety of physical ailments from flu to laryngitis to poor, desperately sick Bo Bice who competed in the American Idol, season four semi-finals while puking up his guts every time he was off stage.  And he sang flawlessly.  The man had surgery to fix his insides right after the competition was over.  One guy competed to the end with a roaring kidney infection.  I don't know what Reagan's problem was but if she was well enough to be in studio, she could have sung onstage for two minutes.  Anything would have sounded better than "Cry" sounded on Monday night.  

Kelly Clarkson is pure class.  Full stop.

Agree with all the complaints so far... but also, this sets a really bad precedent for the show. What is going to happen for future participants who get "sick" before a live show?  I was thinking about Survivor last night after watching this episode. In Survivor, when you get too sick to participate, you are pulled out of the game. I think they should have made Reagan drop out if she was too sick to sing in the save. 

I'm sure all the contestants are going to feel some resentment against her, even if they won't admit it openly.

Edited by ChristmasJones

Here's what DeAndre Nico said on Instagram after the elimination, according to https://hollywoodlife.com/2018/12/05/deandre-nico-eliminated-the-voice-adam-levine-instant-save/  Class act all the way!!!

“You can never take an L when you’re operating from your heart,” DeAndre explained. “So even though I didn’t win I still won! The experience on The Voice itself is a win for me. I give all honor to God for giving me the exposure needed for my next steps in life. To my family, Voice family, and fans there’s no way I can personally thank all of you but I know that I love you all entirely. All is well on my end. My journey continues, now y’all get DeAndre Nico himself. There’s work to be done. Stay tuned.” DeAndre noticeably didn’t mention coach Adam by name in his message.

37 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

I see a lot of people hating on the bathrobe, but are we sure she didn't have her dress on underneath? I can see women wearing a bathrobe backstage, to protect their outfit while they're getting their hair and makeup done. And it's probably a bit cold backstage, because they don't want people sweating before they have to go on live TV. But I think the bathrobe definitely helped with the sympathy vote. I hope they divulge what her illness was. It was so vague. All I can think is that she might have been light-headed and couldn't really stand or move around.

With his bosses in his earpiece, Carson made it sound like Reagan taking the stage would depend on how she felt at the 11th hour as her health was portrayed as being touch and go. She would have had to have been stage ready, just in case. She was definitely dressed underneath the robe.

Wardrobe is typically the last stop before a stage performance, as long as the garment has buttons/zippers or can be put on without smearing make up or flattening the hair. It’s why most brides wear hoodies with a zipper when they’re getting ready before the wedding. 

Also, you’re correct in your assumptions about robes being used to protect the  clothing itself as well as keeping wardrobe/costumes safe from the make up & hair department (especially the touch ups) and strong AC in the backstage area.

Gwen was most likely pre-booked for last night, but I can’t help but wonder if Kelly was on standby in case TPTB needed to fill time in case Reagan couldn’t sing at the 11th hour? KC’s band was there too, but she is also in rehearsals for her tour that kicks off in January. It wouldn’t be unusual for an artist to ask their band to block off a few hours for X, just in case. Also, I bet her band would do anything for her because she is so rad.

I have always believed that the show must go on, but I had no idea how many artists were on stage instead of being in a hospital or in an ER. More evidence that PTV is educational, as are the posters!

We can add Eve to the list of professionals who have powered through an illness and took the stage. She had food poisoning while on tour, but didn’t miss a single show. 

22 hours ago, Dots And Stripes said:

Finally, this is why I don't like tweens on this show. I do feel bad for Reagan. She was in a tough spot. Adam's need to baby her is an argument for raising the age limit. If kids can't take the lows of being on a show like this, they're too young to participate.

Exactly. Tweens will always be graded on a curve and held to a lower standard than other singers. And I think that in almost every case of a tween singer, they get votes because people find them adorable, or wish they had a daughter/granddaughter/niece/neighbor like that. Nothing to do with singing.

And I seriously doubt the show would've paraded out a 30 year old woman in her bathrobe.

You can slam Adam all you want, but people didn't have to listen to him. I seriously doubt anything he said made a difference. Bottom line. It's hard to beat "cute."

When you have 4 tween girls in a final 8 of what's supposed to be a singing competition covering all of America (no age restrictions ;like on Idol) then you know it's become a joke. I actually believe that the skewing towards very young singers is keeping good "mature" singers from trying out. The overall talent level the past couple of seasons is way down. (Chris Koeze has to be one of the weakest vocalists to ever make it this far).

Edited by bluepiano
19 hours ago, jmonique said:

I plan to. Sure, she’s a kid, but she’s chosen to compete like a grown-up. This isn’t about protecting Reagan’s feels, it’s about doing the job.

Adam’s put a bull’s-eye on her, and I intend to respond accordingly.

Many professions, but especially the arts, involve rejection after rejection while pursuing one's dream. It can be crushing, but it's reality, and one job of a mentor is to teach how to deal with unexpected setbacks, losses, and rejection and continue to believe in yourself and move forward.

Babying one member of your team while decimating another is one of the worst things an alleged mentor can do, imo.

49 minutes ago, bluepiano said:

Exactly. Tweens will always be graded on a curve and held to a lower standard than other singers. And I think that in almost every case of a tween singer, they get votes because people find them adorable, or wish they had a daughter/granddaughter/niece/neighbor like that. Nothing to do with singing.

When you have 4 tween girls in a final 10 of what's supposed to be a singing competition covering all of America (no age restrictions ;like on Idol) then you know it's become a joke. I actually believe that the skewing towards very young singers is keeping people from trying out. I don't think there's been anyone the last couple of years that can stand comparison with contestants from years past.

My problem with this is that I think all four of those teens (not tweens) legitimately made it out of the Playoffs based on what they had shown up to then.  At the time, I had no complaints over them getting through over the remaining people on their respective teams.  Furthermore, I think Sarah, Kennedy and Chevel all legitimately deserve to have made the semifinals based on what they've done during the live shows (no curve required).  Reagan is the only one who has kind of gone downhill since the live shows began and may be letting things get to her.  But we've seen plenty of older singers do the same thing in past seasons.

Besides, I think one of the problems they face is that after 15 seasons in the space of less than 8 years (plus AI in many of those years), they may just not have as big a pool of available older singers who are willing to come on the show and who can be competitive. 

Edited by viajero
2 hours ago, limecoke said:

One guy competed to the end with a roaring kidney infection.  

Right.  You're talking about Philip Phillips, who won Season 11 of Idol.  I can buy into the theory that Reagan got stage fright and was indeed fully dressed under that robe.

15 hours ago, Bridget said:

Right after JHud complimented him, Adam screws him over. I’d love to know what the final Twitter totals were. The graphic listed DeAndre at 37% and Reagan at 38% when it was removed. Is there a way to find out? 

DeAndre had tears in his eyes (rightfully so!) and wouldn’t even look at freakin Adam, which was understandable. If it were me, I wouldn’t even be able to speak due to a large lump in my throat, but I give Dave & DeAndre major props for taking the high road so that some awful teenager moved into the Semi-Finals. Reagan isn’t even in the same league as the other tweens, except for Chevel perhaps - and that’s not a compliment!”

Carson’s face was priceless after Adam said “...because she didn’t have a chance to use her voice tonight, so I am going to use it for her as well as I possibly can to make sure she can make it.” I rewound that part at least 5 times!

During the end of the show, I wondered how awkward Adam’s “final words” would be, along with the farewell hug. Yup. Super awkward.

Adam’s daughters are only 2 yrs old and 9 months old. Screw the whole “I have daughters at home” crap he spews. 

Adam doesn’t deserve to come back if that’s how he treated a team member on camera during crunch time. I don’t even want to think about what an asshole he is 1:1 without any cameras rolling.

Other options I’d love to see for next season include:

-I hope that he ends up with a team full of females only. NOT that I’m saying that it’s a bad thing, but we know how much he loves the guys (except for DeAndre) on his team. Karma is a bitch!

-Those of us who watch will not vote for a single member of Team Adam unless it’s to screw with him as he goes into the Live Rounds. Let’s shut him out ASAP!

-I want to see everyone with a full team by day 4 of the Blinds and Adam is stuck with zero people and it takes him forever to fill his team.

I still cannot believe he did that. For real. I was a Maroon 5 fan, even though Adam has a huge ego. They are good live, but I am going to boycott his band and anything he does in the future based on the huge asshole move he made. I’m still in shock.

Allow me to preface the folllowing with this: I love Kelly Clarkson. I know for a fact she’s just as rad in person as she appears to be on TV. She’s the real deal. 

That said, maybe I was still in shock over Adam being such a ruthless and uncaring asshole (not that it’s new, I know), but I’m confused about what Kelly said tonight because I thought she added fuel to the fire. I heard her (even had the closed captions on to make sure I wasn’t missing a word), but I still didn’t understand her intent and why she spoke up. 

The way I heard her say it, I thought her 2 cents about Adam “speaking for Reagan” made it look like she was defending Adam. She mentioned his heart, blah, blah, blah. I really don’t understand why she was a voice of reason. Per the comments here, I clearly missed her point. Unlike Adam, I’m dropping my ego and asking for help. 

Would someone be kind enough to explain what Kelly’s intent or message really was all about? Thank you in advance!

I’m looking forward to reading all of the shit he will undoubtedly get this week. Also, is it too soon to predict that Reagan will be kicking rocks next week?

Great post!  

I wanted to say, though, that the ages of Adam's daughters are completely irrelevant.  It doesn't matter if he has daughters at all.  I realize that's kind of your point, but your comment jumped out at me because I'm so tired of men saying what he did or some variation of it.  He could have no daughters or ten daughters or 100 sons or 15 cats and a goose, and it should have no bearing on the fact that this is a competition where the best vocalist is supposed to win.   I don't care about a special relationship or a place in his heart or a contestant being young or how many pink bibs or prom dresses languish in the closets of his house.  The rules are the same for everyone, and each of them deserves to be judged fairly.

If DeAndre had been the one who didn't perform, would he have used Reagan's time to tell everyone to vote for DeAndre?  Of course not.  He would have been appalled at the idea, but I doubt he understands that what he did was wrong.  

As for what Kelly said, I absolutely did not think she was supporting Adam.  She mentioned something about his good heart as a way to smooth it over and not be confrontational or outwardly critical, but she very deliberately made a point of saying that DeAndre gave an excellent performance.  Because that needed to be said.  Adam should have been the one to say that, and to urge viewers to vote for him, and his comments should have been limited to DeAndre's performance - not used as a segue into how wonderful poor Reagan is and how we should all feel sorry for her (and for him).  That was outrageous, and Kelly knew it.  I think she decided to tread lightly, but it was clear that she very much wanted to say what she wanted to say, and I think she was trying to help DeAndre because she disagreed with what Adam had done.  It seemed to be very important to her to get those words out before time ticked away, and I just don't see how to interpret it as other than her trying to bring some fairness to a very unfair situation.

8 hours ago, Babalooie said:

I apologize ahead of time, but all I can think is that if Reagan had diarrhea, she could have worn a Depends, lol.

I think if Reagan had diarrhea, she would NOT have been wearing a white bathrobe.  :-/

I'm still truly in shock they even allowed this to happen.  That shot of her sitting in the bathrobe and then Adam going on and on about his connection with her.  It was just so wrong on every level!!

I'm thinking the shot of her sitting in the bathrobe could make some great memes. 

OK, this is funny, and shows how far and wide this incident has spread - I googled "voice strange bathrobe" (because I forgot her first name) and the first link that came up was "The Voice Fans Furious after Bizarre Elimination."

btw I have nothing against the girl. I am sure she is a lovely person.

Edited by ChristmasJones
3 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I think she probably was dressed underneath.  Or maybe not.  I'm not seeing what difference it makes.   Whether she got dressed or didn't get dressed, the point for me is that instead of singing and actually, you know, competing, she was shown repeatedly looking sad and vulnerable, and apparently too ill to get dressed.  It was manipulative.  I don't hate the bathrobe - I hate that it was used in that way.

3 hours ago, viajero said:

In any case, I'm not ready to blame Reagan for all this until we hear more about what was afflicting her.  For all we know, she may have completely lost her voice and the bathrobe was pushed on her by the producers.  This mess is mostly on them and on Adam.

I

I'm not really blaming her either.  She's not the one who decided to show her tear-stained face repeatedly on camera.   She didn't make the decision that viewers could vote for her even though she didn't sing.  And she's not responsible for what Adam said.

I do think, though, that it's unfair to the others to just sit one out.  I assume she said something along those lines, and was told it would be fine.  (I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt here.)  We have no idea what actually went on, but if she's too young or fragile to handle the stress of this, then she shouldn't continue.  And for sure she shouldn't be given an unfair advantage.   My concern is that Adam has been cherishing her like she's super-special and has convinced her that she should be treated like a delicate flower.  And then we had this happen, which just confirms it.

(I initially thought she might have food poisoning or was vomiting or something along those lines.  In that case, not even attempting to sing would make sense.  But staying offstage near a bathroom would also make sense, and she didn't do that.  So I don't know what this was, but I suspect that if she had lost her voice or something similar Carson would have said so, so I'm leaning toward maybe panic/stress.  Not her fault, as you said, but I'm sure the others get panicky and nervous and stressed out too, and they push through it because they know they have to if they want to continue to compete.  So there's a lot here that, IMO, seems unfair.)

3 hours ago, limecoke said:

Kelly IS pure class.  She is many things - talented, funny, natural, adorable - but she has a heart of gold, and even with all of her success she is just wonderful at showing compassion.

So, what's missing from Adam's pitch to save Reagan?

From Adam (only leaving out his comments re: Deandre): "“It’s really, really hard for me not to just — As much as I urge you all to vote for this man, because he should never have been in the bottom — I don’t know if I have the heart to not tell everyone right now —I have a very special relationship with Reagan. And I have two little girls at home. The thought of breaking her heart by not urging everyone to give this girl a shot to go and redeem herself next week would be too far beneath me. ... I think you should both be there. But I gotta fight for my girl.  And I gotta make sure that I represent her properly in this moment, because she didn’t have a chance to use her voice tonight. So I’m going to use it for her as well as I possibly can to make sure she can make it next week. That’s all I can say. It’s weird.”

Yes, there's absolutely nothing in his pitch for her about her singing. Not about her performance on Monday. Not about her singing talent in general. Nothing.  It's all "my special relationship with her"... "I have two little girls"...."don't want to break her heart"..."she needs a shot to 'redeem' herself"...."I gotta fight for my girl"...."I gotta represent her".   Me, me, me.

It's called "The. Voice", Adam.  How ironic that absolutely NOTHING in his speech about saving Reagan was about how she deserved to stay over Deandre because of her SINGING.

Edited by Padma

I kept thinking Dave sounded like he had a sore throat or something.  I would love to know what was wrong with Reagan.  She should have had to sing.  Heck, I think Kelly commented on her voice being hoarse before she got on the stage.  This was a farce.  I keep thinking it's like someone saying they are too sick to work, but sit in the break room the whole shift getting paid.  Nothing against the girl, but they handled this very poorly.  I don't even know what to say about what Adam pulled.  

Edited by kelslamu

If Adam is lucky, Reagan will be unable, for whatever reason, to sing for the rest of the season and can win the whole ball of wax!

But seriously, Show, you could have just played a rerun of her Monday night performance for America to consider last night. So lame, this whole incident. Adam, you suck.

I think the reason there has been such an uproar about this is that letting her sit out violates the most basic, core premise of the entire show- people sing songs to get votes in order to progress in the competition.

Letting someone sit out and not sing is like letting a football player sit on the bench and then telling the stadium he just scored a touchdown.

Edited by ChristmasJones
10 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

I think the reason there has been such an uproar about this is that letting her sit out violates the most basic, core premise of the entire show- people sing songs to get votes in order to progress in the competition.

Letting someone sit out and not sing is like letting a football player sit on the bench and then telling the stadium he just scored a touchdown.

Exactly! And please, Voice, do not jump the shark like DWTS this season and turn into strictly a popularity contest. Either sing or go home!

They really should just do a Kids season and have it be for vocalists under 16 or 18. Then they should raise the age limit for the regular seasons and let everyone else compete. 

As much as I think that Kennedy, We, Danielle Bradbury, Sawyer, Jacquie Lee, et al had great voices, I also think they weren't ready. Having a good voice isn't all it takes, and in all of these cases the singers lacked emotional maturity, depth, technique,  and consistency. Look at Brynn from last season - in the span of a single song she'd go from pitchy and awful to sounding really good. And her performances were all over the place. I'd much rather watch more seasoned artists who have been doing this for a while. People may not like someone like Dave, but at least he's always on key. I'd much rather listen to someone who has flawless pitch and knows their dynamics for every single performance, than a 14 year old girl who gets lucky here and there, but doesn't know what to do with their voice yet.

11 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Well, that and it's supposedly all about the voice on the show -- how you can be discovered and get a boost in your career based on solely your voice. Adam's appeal to the voters was based solely on Reagan being this innocent little girl, who must be protected by this big strong man who has a special connection with her. He wouldn't have done that for a woman in her 40s or, obviously, a black man. It was all about everything about Reagan except for her talent.

10 hours ago, Sugar said:

They really should just do a Kids season and have it be for vocalists under 16 or 18. Then they should raise the age limit for the regular seasons and let everyone else compete. 

As much as I think that Kennedy, We, Danielle Bradbury, Sawyer, Jacquie Lee, et al had great voices, I also think they weren't ready. Having a good voice isn't all it takes, and in all of these cases the singers lacked emotional maturity, depth, technique,  and consistency. Look at Brynn from last season - in the span of a single song she'd go from pitchy and awful to sounding really good. And her performances were all over the place. I'd much rather watch more seasoned artists who have been doing this for a while. People may not like someone like Dave, but at least he's always on key. I'd much rather listen to someone who has flawless pitch and knows their dynamics for every single performance, than a 14 year old girl who gets lucky here and there, but doesn't know what to do with their voice yet.

Great post! You hit the nail on the head. Everything is spot on! The majority of the teens on the show don't know how to use their voice yet nor do they understand the difference between "performing on a stage as a singer" and singing alone in their room. I feel like we hear it a lot from the young ones; "I'm shy, so I only sing at home and I don't let anyone hear me, except for mom/dad."

I was channel surfing a few weeks ago and stumbled upon The Voice Kids (UK). It's on a channel called Universal Kids on Saturdays in the early evening.  Contestants are between 7-14 years old and the older kids are usually the stronger singers, but there are a few young ones who are impressive too. Similar to DWTS: Juniors, there is zero voting by anyone at home or online. The coaches choose which singers advance. 

Even though the season that's airing is at least a year old, it's still interesting to watch. I'm pretty sure it's available on YouTube if anyone is interested. The season that's on now features will.i.am, Pixie Lott and Danny Jones as coaches. 

There are a few gems among the bunch, but the rest of the kids don't know what they're doing, and it's hard to watch at times because they're not that good - and they shouldn't be at 8-11 years old, even with coaching. 

Agreed that Adam really did a deplorable thing with his taking the time he was supposed to be critiquing/praising DeAndre's performance to plug his favorite little girl.   And, the thing that makes it that much worse is that Reagan really sang pretty awfully Monday night, so either he can't judge talent or that did not play much of a part in his favoring her.

Not sure if it is her actual lack of talent or the songs picked for her, but there is no way Adam can think that she had a good performance Monday, well, actually, the week before was not good either.  

Can we vote him off the island?

Right.  You're talking about Philip Phillips, who won Season 11 of Idol. 

Yes.  It was Philip Phillips and, as I recall, the show said next to nothing about his physical condition during the competition.  He was older, for sure, but he was a trooper because kidney problems are...well...pretty awful.

Reagan is a child and I can cut her some slack for her emotions but I absolutely blame the show for dealing with the situation as they did and manipulating the girl by sticking her in a freaking bathrobe - dressed underneath or not.  For me, the bottom line is this, if you can get to the studio, then you can struggle through a 90 second song.  I can't count the number of contestants on both shows that have struggled through with laryngitis.  America is generally understanding of vocal issues and at least the vote would have seemed more legitimate.  Adam's actions and comments are indefensible in my opinion and that's all I have to say about that.  

DeAndre was visibly completely gutted but acted like a gentleman and I hope he does well after this mess because he's a talented guy and deserved to stay.  He slayed that last song which makes what Adam said so completely inexplicable.  The other guy conducted himself well too and I'm sorry I can't remember his name right now.

The whole thing leaves a bad taste and ultimately will probably hurt Reagan more than anyone else, fair or not.   It will be interesting to see how the public votes next week.  This could just be a social media kerfuffle that won't affect her vote all that much or she will be out, Adam notwithstanding.  It never should have happened.

I admit to throwing a few votes Reagan's way..... but not after Monday night. I actually listened to half her song and then fast-forwarded through the rest on Monday because it was so unappealing. 

This is like if we were watching the swim competition in the Olympics and Michael Phelps sat out a race, but then the announcers said we're going to use his time from last night's race instead, and he's the winner!

I cannot get my head around why the producers would allow a breach of such a basic component of the show. 

20 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

she was shown repeatedly looking sad and vulnerable, and apparently too ill to get dressed.  It was manipulative.  I don't hate the bathrobe - I hate that it was used in that way.

My feeling exactly. What Adam did was atrocious and unforgivable turning his back on one of his "team" to defend another and then it just snowballed into this pity fest for Reagan from TPTB. As I said I'm glad people didn't fall for it completely as the vote was still close so some people have more sense of fairness than Adam...

Speaking of "fairness" I'm one that believes she should automatically be in the bottom next week, she already got her free pass she shouldn't get yet another even if she sings and the skies open up and angels sing hallelujah. 

ETA: What I think will happen is that Adam doesn't care because he got what he wanted and the show will just go ostrich on us and bury their heads in the sand and hope it blows over come show time and won't give it a mention.

Edited by Wandering Snark

I've complained about Adam for years.  He chooses favorites on his team and throws others under the bus, blatantly shows favoritism towards certain team members, sabotages others and pays lip service to get people on his team, but, doesn't really mean it.  That's why I am amazed when contestants who say they watch the show choose him when they have other options. He would definitely be my last option. 

I think Adam should leave the Voice for a season or two. He tried to fix the show in order to benefit Reagan and that's unfair to everyone. I wonder if this incident will make the show give up the Twitter save altogether. I agree Reagan and Deandre should have been in the bottom 3 I thought Dave sounded fine. I hated Kennedy's song It sounded like she was shouting instead of singing.

There should be some rules set on this.  I seriously wonder if it had been DeAndre or another non-teen contestant if they would have gotten the same opportunity to move on without performing.  At least on DWTS they have a rule in place if a contestant cannot "dance" they play footage from the rehearsal for the judges to give their scores.  Was there no rehearsal footage for whatever song Reagan was going to sing IF she was in the bottom 3.  It just doesn't seem fair.  If you are old enough to compete on this show you shouldn't be given special opportunities just because you are young.  I still think she had a panic attack (which isn't surprising for anyone under pressure).

On 12/4/2018 at 10:03 PM, Cindyluwho said:

So what would Adam have done if DeAndre had won the twitter save?  It was very close.  How awkward would it have been to work with him again?

The look on DeAndre's face was heartbreaking. He was crushed. 

That would have been awkward. That was horrible what Adam did to him.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:33 PM, JeanneH said:

Just over on The Voice group on Facebook (group run by NBC). Wow, 6K+ royally ticked off people over there. The comments are variations of what we've been saying here. Whatever he intended, I don't think Adam intended to stir up the beehive quite this much.

Yes a lot of people were annoyed there and I read a lot of the posts. Someone suggested to only let one home this week or have a way where they can film the dress rehearsal and use that performance when someone is sick. I think either one of those two options in the future would prevent this issue. I don't get why Adam did that. Even if he favored Reagan and thought she had a better chance to win than DeAndre, I can't believe he'd be stupid enough to make it that obvious. He should have supported both. I hope he apologizes publicly for what he did.

On 12/5/2018 at 12:02 AM, Padma said:

ITA that was the lowest point for Adam (and he's had a couple through the years--like the Christina season).  Didn't he give Deandre a pitch about "taking you all the way"? That is so Adam.  But great for Kelly for having the presence of mind to speak up and say what needed to be said. "I have a special relationship with my girl and she didn't get the chance to sing like you were lucky enough to have" is so messed up.  Then Adam kept glowering after what Kelly said, I guess knowing he would come off so bad. Instead he just went on putting his foot in it.

Oh, and Reagan, honey? If you're well enough to get to the studio and sit in the audience you're well enough to get out of your freakin bathrobe in public and get dressed. Seriously, all that was missing was a cold pack on her forehead and a thermometer hanging from her mouth.

At least the vote was very close. Hopefully she goes home next week. (Psst! Adam! You may love her but she gave a genuinely -terrible- performance last night. Maybe you should have thought about that for a minute, too. She actually doesn't deserve to be there, even if she's actually unable to sing in her bathrobe tonight. She just isn't that good.)

You make some great points Padma!!!

On 12/5/2018 at 12:50 AM, Padma said:

Thinking about it, I don't know why they thought she should move on without competing. They were saving two of three. Why not just save one of the two this week and put Reagan automatically in the "save" category next week?

Having worked with girls her age I just can't help being skeptical that maybe it was the pressure that was getting to her. Personally, I don't know how even the older singers hold up under the pressure of this kind of competition, but that's part of succeeding or failing on the show. Others who were older than Reagan have cracked under the pressure and dropped out. That's a better choice than advancing over someone else who deserves it more. 

I just got a "babied" vibe from her tonight that was super-irritating when someone else had to take the consequences for her illness/nerves.  The bathrobe really did it for me, I think.  I've been out in public in my bathrobe exactly once in my life, and it was on the way to the ER with 105 degree fever and a serious illness. I didn't hear what was wrong with her, but she didn't need to be sitting there in her bathrobe. If she was that ill, she should have been home...or in the hospital...and at a minimum not exposing other people to her malady, whatever it was (nerves, of course, aren't contagious so they'll probably all be fine.)

I remember last season when contestants from other teams were talking about how everyone loved Kelly, whether she was their coach or not because she was so kind and caring and nice to everyone. She certainly cemented that image tonight--and I'm impressed she had the presence of mind to do it right then and there, because you know that she also didn't want to offend Adam. But she weighed it, and as a former tv show competitor herself, she knew exactly how Deandre was feeling and that that was a lot more important than Adam's ego.  I'm glad for him that a coach praised him like that, even if he couldn't count on his own.

I don't hate Adam, but he's thrown so many singers under the bus after giving them big "you'll be there with me at F1" pitches. I hope people will be less taken in by him in the future--a lot of times, the sweet talk is just because he wants to be chosen over another coach. Tonight he showed his colors and it was pretty bad.  

It'll be interesting to see how they address it next week. It's too controversial to just ignore it. 

I said too that they should have made Reagan compete for the save next week and just eliminate one. I seen something like this done on one of the other reality competition shows. I don't remember what. And I remember a number of contestants on DWTS who were sick and performed anyhow. Maybe she should have sucked it up and performed, that's what people do in this biz. 

12 hours ago, jmonique said:

Well, that and it's supposedly all about the voice on the show -- how you can be discovered and get a boost in your career based on solely your voice. Adam's appeal to the voters was based solely on Reagan being this innocent little girl, who must be protected by this big strong man who has a special connection with her. He wouldn't have done that for a woman in her 40s or, obviously, a black man. It was all about everything about Reagan except for her talent.

Yes, it's called The Voice, and the whole premise is that the judges initially have nothing to go by other than the voice they are hearing.   Male, female, young, old, tall, short, race, weight, beautiful, not beautiful - None of that is supposed to matter.   Obviously coaches and viewers are going to be somewhat swayed as we get to know the contestants and see them perform, but it's just such a slap in the face for a coach to throw one very capable contestant under the bus while pleading a case for someone because she's young while production repeatedly shows her pretty face with tear-filled eyes quite literally dressed for the role of sad little girl in a pristine white robe as though she desperately wants to play with the others but is ill and sadly cannot.  That is so far away from the premise of this show.   It's a singing competition, and if she can't sing, she shouldn't get a free pass no matter how photogenic or young she happens to be.  (And if she's too ill to perform, she shouldn't be on-camera at all.)

6 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I admit to throwing a few votes Reagan's way..... but not after Monday night. I actually listened to half her song and then fast-forwarded through the rest on Monday because it was so unappealing. 

This is like if we were watching the swim competition in the Olympics and Michael Phelps sat out a race, but then the announcers said we're going to use his time from last night's race instead, and he's the winner!

I cannot get my head around why the producers would allow a breach of such a basic component of the show. 

I think it's actually worse than that.   They didn't even show her most recent performance.  I saw it, but what about people who didn't?   Viewers were told to vote based on..............what?  I'm not sure.  The other two had to walk out there and sing once again under tremendous pressure, knowing they were fighting to stay.  She didn't have to do anything.  We weren't reminded in any way of her most recent performance, one which she did without being under the pressure of being Bottom 3.  So for sure it wouldn't have been fair, but at least it would have been something.  The way this thing played out, we were told to vote for her because she's young and because Adam doesn't want us to upset a girl since he has young daughters.  It's beyond ridiculous.  I agree with you - I don't know why the producers allowed this.  

Edited by DebbieM4
22 hours ago, Sugar said:

While I agree about Brynn, I don't agree with that all teens necessarily lack the maturity and consistency to be able to compete with adult singers on this show.  Just this season, both Kennedy and Sarah Grace have been quite consistent not only in their vocal performances, but clearly have a very mature understanding of themselves as artists.  While not all their performances have equally great, this has often come down to the songs they were given more than anything (what was Kelly thinking giving Sarah a Florence song?  It should have been obvious she doesn't have that kind of range, even if Sarah did the best she could with it).  I would certainly argue that both have been much more consistent than Dave when it comes to their pitch.  I liked Dave's gravelly voice, but he had many pitchy or flat moments throughout the season, including in particular during the first part of his Instance Save performance this week, when his pitch was all over the place.  I think the only contestant this season that has been as or more consistent as Kennedy and Sarah in this respect is Chris, because even Kymberli and Kirk have lost vocal control more often than those two girls.

In any case, if they didn't allow high school students, we would never have seen Addison Agen - one of my all time favorites on this show.

2 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

That is so far away from the premise of this show.   

The only part of the show that really has the premise of it being all about "the voice" and not looks, age, personality etc. is the blinds. For me, that's why it's the best part of this show, by far. (The coaches pleading their cases and sniping at each other gets boring, but I fast forward through all of that).

Watching Kennedy this week, who looked like she was on "America's Next Dance Pop Star" and not The Voice, I started remembering how in the first couple of seasons the production was very simple. The singer was really out in front, and we could  hear and judge their voice without tons of back-up singers or over-produced arrangements drowning them out. Once we get into the lives, there are way too many performances where the singer gets lost. I realize the producers are going with what they think most Americans will find entertaining, but for me it's getting far away from the show's original premise.

While I agree about Brynn, I don't agree with that all teens necessarily lack the maturity and consistency to be able to compete with adult singers on this show.  Just this season, both Kennedy and Sarah Grace have been quite consistent not only in their vocal performances, but clearly have a very mature understanding of themselves as artists

I could not disagree more. I hated when AI lowered the age to 16 and I hate that TV allows minors. Kids should be in school, getting their education, as if, you know, education actually mattered. As opposed to being on some stupid singing show where they hope to have their shot at fame and fortune.  (Though I am fine with there being a special "teen" show in the summer, when kids are out of school.) 

There is not one teen I have seen on these shows where I didn't think "Wow, she/he will be so much better in a few years, when she/he has a little extra life and/or vocal coaching experience under their belt." I also think this about Kelly Clarkson. I adored her on AI season 1, but would I have loved her as much if she'd only been 16 and didn't have some extra life experience and the accompanying increase in self awareness to bring to the table? I doubt it.

I saw Kennedy interviewed. She described a song that she picked because "I really like it and it shows my range." That right there indicates a lack of understanding of herself as an artist. Of course, it's not just of younger singers who pick their songs that way. But I have yet to hear a young singer who really understood all of the factors that go into selecting the right song and delivering an outstanding performance, beyond "it shows my range and I like it".  Kennedy is mature for her age. That is not the same as being mature like someone who's older.

I only saw Kennedy on Monday (I turned the TV off right after her performance), and I was way more compelled, and could not keep my eyes off, her backup dancers. They had way more warmth and charisma than she did, in my opinion. Her performance, voice-wise, was good, but she did not entertain me. She is a technically good singer, but does not bring it otherwise. In a few years, with more experience, hopefully that will change. 

Anyway, as long as children draw more viewers, I'm sure they'll be a staple of these types of shows. 

Edited by adhoc

I agree about the extremely young contestants on all of these competition shows -- they tend to be over-praised because they are "so young" and doing what they're doing, rather than on pure talent. Some are talented, but many would never make it through the competitions if they were older and their ability was being judged, not their precociousness. 

It always makes me remember an old saying -- "like a dog dancing on its hind legs."

It isn't necessarily that the dog can dance WELL, the wonder is more in the fact that the dog can dance at all.

If I think a young performer could stand on their own against older performers, REGARDLESS OF AGE, then I'm ok with it. Otherwise -- I hate the propping up and pandering to the youngest contestants. (I mean, a young Judy Garland could out-sing most older performers, but there are very few children with that level of natural talent and emotional maturity). 

What really gets under my skin, other than the fact that Adam Levine is a complete and utter ego driven asshole, is how simple minded the producers of the show must think the viewing audience is.  I can't help but picture a meeting where an entire group of people are sitting around discussing this. 

Before the show meeting:

"Yeah, we'll put her in a fluffy white robe to accentuate how she is so sick." 

"Oh, and we should put her next to her mom so her youth and helplessness are accentuated."

"But America loves beauty, so let's be sure she is in full makeup."

"She can tear up on cue, right?"

"Should we specify what is wrong with her?" 

"Nah, the viewing public will swallow just a general reference."

"But can does she have the talent to win?"

"Who cares, you act like this show is about finding a great singer."

""Remember, ratings and revenue, my dear.  That's what we are all about."

Immediate after the show meeting:

"Damn, that Adam Levine couldn't get past his ego and stay on script.  He was told to just reference her illness as a side point."

"You know he loves to hear himself pontificate."

"Too bad he has such a small command of the English language.  Do you think people understood that he was throwing DeAndre under the bus?"

"Anybody think that Adam's speech was too blatant?"

"No worries, remember, the viewing public will swallow anything.  I'm sure the bathrobe was convincing.  They know that  Adam Levine is a complete and utter ego driven asshole.  I don't think there will be a backlash."  

"Agreed."

"Agreed."

14 hours ago, viajero said:

While I agree about Brynn, I don't agree with that all teens necessarily lack the maturity and consistency to be able to compete with adult singers on this show.  Just this season, both Kennedy and Sarah Grace have been quite consistent not only in their vocal performances, but clearly have a very mature understanding of themselves as artists.  While not all their performances have equally great, this has often come down to the songs they were given more than anything (what was Kelly thinking giving Sarah a Florence song?  It should have been obvious she doesn't have that kind of range, even if Sarah did the best she could with it).  I would certainly argue that both have been much more consistent than Dave when it comes to their pitch.  I liked Dave's gravelly voice, but he had many pitchy or flat moments throughout the season, including in particular during the first part of his Instance Save performance this week, when his pitch was all over the place.  I think the only contestant this season that has been as or more consistent as Kennedy and Sarah in this respect is Chris, because even Kymberli and Kirk have lost vocal control more often than those two girls.

In any case, if they didn't allow high school students, we would never have seen Addison Agen - one of my all time favorites on this show.

I think they should do Voice Kids for anyone who is under 16. 

On 12/5/2018 at 6:21 PM, limecoke said:

There isn't much more to say but that was awful...really, really awful.  The show couldn't have figured out a way to make this work without trotting this kid out wearing her bathrobe and crying on mommy's shoulder?  Her bathrobe????  She could manage to slap on some make up and get to the studio but couldn't put clothes on???  There's something really icky and manipulative about the ending last night and it didn't do the show any favors.

Then there's Adam.  I can't add anything to the disdain already expressed but I now officially despise him and I hope he has trouble getting anyone to pick him next season.  

DeAndre sang beautifully last night and watching his face just about killed me.  He got stabbed in the back, plain and simple.  Then he got bussed and freight-trained for good measure.  

I've watched competitive singing competitions since AI, season one and over and over I've seen contestants OF ALL AGES sing with a variety of physical ailments from flu to laryngitis to poor, desperately sick Bo Bice who competed in the American Idol, season four semi-finals while puking up his guts every time he was off stage.  And he sang flawlessly.  The man had surgery to fix his insides right after the competition was over.  One guy competed to the end with a roaring kidney infection.  I don't know what Reagan's problem was but if she was well enough to be in studio, she could have sung onstage for two minutes.  Anything would have sounded better than "Cry" sounded on Monday night.  

I totally agree about Kelly! And I know too that in various competition shows contestants performed sick.

On 12/5/2018 at 7:10 PM, Kaiju Ballet said:

Here's what DeAndre Nico said on Instagram after the elimination, according to https://hollywoodlife.com/2018/12/05/deandre-nico-eliminated-the-voice-adam-levine-instant-save/  Class act all the way!!!

That was a really classy thing to say. Adam should take notes from him. He's much more mature and classier than Adam.

On 12/5/2018 at 11:50 PM, kelslamu said:

I kept thinking Dave sounded like he had a sore throat or something.  I would love to know what was wrong with Reagan.  She should have had to sing.  Heck, I think Kelly commented on her voice being hoarse before she got on the stage.  This was a farce.  I keep thinking it's like someone saying they are too sick to work, but sit in the break room the whole shift getting paid.  Nothing against the girl, but they handled this very poorly.  I don't even know what to say about what Adam pulled.  

I feel they should at least tell us why Reagan was too sick to perform.

On 12/6/2018 at 2:33 AM, Sugar said:

I said the same thing. I think under 16 is fair for the Voice Kids. I don't know the age cutoff for the British The Voice Kids. Good point about past and current tween/teen vocalists.

On 12/6/2018 at 1:51 PM, Bridget said:

Great post! You hit the nail on the head. Everything is spot on! The majority of the teens on the show don't know how to use their voice yet nor do they understand the difference between "performing on a stage as a singer" and singing alone in their room. I feel like we hear it a lot from the young ones; "I'm shy, so I only sing at home and I don't let anyone hear me, except for mom/dad."

I was channel surfing a few weeks ago and stumbled upon The Voice Kids (UK). It's on a channel called Universal Kids on Saturdays in the early evening.  Contestants are between 7-14 years old and the older kids are usually the stronger singers, but there are a few young ones who are impressive too. Similar to DWTS: Juniors, there is zero voting by anyone at home or online. The coaches choose which singers advance. 

Even though the season that's airing is at least a year old, it's still interesting to watch. I'm pretty sure it's available on YouTube if anyone is interested. The season that's on now features will.i.am, Pixie Lott and Danny Jones as coaches. 

There are a few gems among the bunch, but the rest of the kids don't know what they're doing, and it's hard to watch at times because they're not that good - and they shouldn't be at 8-11 years old, even with coaching. 

Thanks for posting a little more about The Voice Kids. I saw an episode on Universal Kids on Demand and you can see the whole season I think still. I like the way they ran it from based on what I saw so far.

20 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I've complained about Adam for years.  He chooses favorites on his team and throws others under the bus, blatantly shows favoritism towards certain team members, sabotages others and pays lip service to get people on his team, but, doesn't really mean it.  That's why I am amazed when contestants who say they watch the show choose him when they have other options. He would definitely be my last option. 

Yeah I have had some issues with Adam as a coach, but more for his poor selections in contestants but now I'm thinking about it, I remember a case or two when he threw someone under the bus. That's probably why people usually don't choose him as quickly as some of the other coaches.

20 hours ago, Palomar said:

There should be some rules set on this.  I seriously wonder if it had been DeAndre or another non-teen contestant if they would have gotten the same opportunity to move on without performing.  At least on DWTS they have a rule in place if a contestant cannot "dance" they play footage from the rehearsal for the judges to give their scores.  Was there no rehearsal footage for whatever song Reagan was going to sing IF she was in the bottom 3.  It just doesn't seem fair.  If you are old enough to compete on this show you shouldn't be given special opportunities just because you are young.  I still think she had a panic attack (which isn't surprising for anyone under pressure).

Yes they could have shown Monday's performance again or even another past performance, maybe the one from last week?

13 hours ago, bluepiano said:

Watching Kennedy this week, who looked like she was on "America's Next Dance Pop Star" and not The Voice, I started remembering how in the first couple of seasons the production was very simple. The singer was really out in front, and we could  hear and judge their voice without tons of back-up singers or over-produced arrangements drowning them out. Once we get into the lives, there are way too many performances where the singer gets lost. I realize the producers are going with what they think most Americans will find entertaining, but for me it's getting far away from the show's original premise.

Kennedy's performance this week is quite representative of what's required from a many female pop stars these days.  Critical is the ability to both dance and sing at the same time, albeit with the help of backup singers or a backing track.  She has already shown she can sing the roof off the place, so I think its completely legitimate that she mixed in a performance like this one.

I think there was also some pretty elaborate production during the first couple of seasons, particularly for CeeLo's team.  Like the time he had Jamar Rogers dancing between the legs of two girls standing on really high stilts while singing Are You Going to Go My Way.  But I do agree that sometimes they go too far and the contestant gets lost among all the hoopla going on around them.  It can even get to be utterly ridiculous, like the time in Season 13 when they had circus performers doing all sort of distracting stuff behind Brooke Simpson while she was singing Faithfully.   But I don't think any of this applies to Kennedy's performance on Monday.  That was a very straight up typical choreography that you might see on the Radio Disney Awards or some such.

My daughter attended the live show last Tuesday. She said about two hours before the show began, that Adam, DeAndre and Reagan were all filming a commercial....said they all walked within 3 feet of her. She said Reagan was dressed and in full makeup and appeared to be fine. No one in the audience believed she was sick and during the commercial break after Adam's stunt, people were booing, yelling at Adam, etc. She did say she thought Reagan was backstage with a camera on her and not in the audience, but she was not certain, just said she did not see them bring her out or anything. 

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:46 PM, Booklady1017 said:

I said too that they should have made Reagan compete for the save next week and just eliminate one. I seen something like this done on one of the other reality competition shows. I don't remember what. And I remember a number of contestants on DWTS who were sick and performed anyhow. Maybe she should have sucked it up and performed, that's what people do in this biz. 

That would have worked. Or showing her Monday performance again to vote (go ahead, hurt my ears. It's for a good cause.) Something.

And, generally, I'm okay with the younger teens competing, as long as they're tough enough for it. It's not enough just being able to sing well on YouTube. There's so much more pressure on this show than anyone's experienced before, but esp. for kids you could see it would be overwhelming. But some can do it.

I enjoyed Danielle Bradbury and Jackie Lee, among others. But I don't think Reagan's got what it takes for this show emotionally.  ITA with those who say she should gracefully bow out next week and they should call DeAndre and Dave back plus one more to sing off--or at least offer; they may both be over it and not want to go home again. She won't win, and at least that way she could avoid the backlash.  (I know others already said this--agreeing with you, but I can't find the posts.)

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:56 PM, DebbieM4 said:

Yes, it's called The Voice, and the whole premise is that the judges initially have nothing to go by other than the voice they are hearing.   Male, female, young, old, tall, short, race, weight, beautiful, not beautiful - None of that is supposed to matter.   Obviously coaches and viewers are going to be somewhat swayed as we get to know the contestants and see them perform, but it's just such a slap in the face for a coach to throw one very capable contestant under the bus while pleading a case for someone because she's young while production repeatedly shows her pretty face with tear-filled eyes quite literally dressed for the role of sad little girl in a pristine white robe as though she desperately wants to play with the others but is ill and sadly cannot.  That is so far away from the premise of this show. 

What I still can't get over with Adam is that in all his comments during the elimination, he never once said anything about Reagan's singing. Not one thing.  So, actually kind of unflattering for her in a way.  And really unfortunate for DeAndre--who gave one of his best performances--to lose out just because it was suddenly a competition about being a cute, vulnerable little girl --and not about "Her Voice" at all. 

On 12/7/2018 at 6:46 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

The problem with accommodating contestants when they are sick is that it disadvantages the remaining contestants.  

Exactly.  And what kind of criteria is used to determine if a contestant is sick?  A doctor's certification, or a contestant's claim of simply having a case of nerves or not enough sleep the previous night or a throat that feels a little raspy?  In the real world of singing, performers go on all the time feeling sick to the point of vomiting and with raging temperatures, etc.   These contestants are competing so they can get into that world and stay there, so they should be powering through to show that they're willing to do their best under whatever circumstances arise.  I can see that suddenly every little ache and pain, every bit of not feeling quite ready, every little sniffle will suddenly be a free pass for some of them to be excused while others will feel they need to decide if the frog in their throat on a particular night is going to do them more harm than good    If they can be "unable to perform" at will, it will throw everything off.  This is a competition.  They're there to compete, and if they can't do that, they need to be eliminated.   Not coddled. 

On 12/7/2018 at 11:32 PM, madmeg said:

My daughter attended the live show last Tuesday. She said about two hours before the show began, that Adam, DeAndre and Reagan were all filming a commercial....said they all walked within 3 feet of her. She said Reagan was dressed and in full makeup and appeared to be fine. No one in the audience believed she was sick and during the commercial break after Adam's stunt, people were booing, yelling at Adam, etc. She did say she thought Reagan was backstage with a camera on her and not in the audience, but she was not certain, just said she did not see them bring her out or anything. 

Thanks for the inside info. 

I wasn't watching that closely, but the impression I got was that she was out in or near the audience -  maybe on the outskirts of it - with her Mom, and that she had just sort of unobtrusively gotten there.  Once she was in place, the camera of course kept her in close sight.  I don't know whose idea the whole thing was, but it was poor judgement, IMO.  If we were meant to buy into what we were told, she should not have been seen by viewers at all.  She should have stayed backstage or gone home.  Showing her on camera did her more harm than good.

14 hours ago, Padma said:

That would have worked. Or showing her Monday performance again to vote (go ahead, hurt my ears. It's for a good cause.) Something.

And, generally, I'm okay with the younger teens competing, as long as they're tough enough for it. It's not enough just being able to sing well on YouTube. There's so much more pressure on this show than anyone's experienced before, but esp. for kids you could see it would be overwhelming. But some can do it.

I enjoyed Danielle Bradbury and Jackie Lee, among others. But I don't think Reagan's got what it takes for this show emotionally.  ITA with those who say she should gracefully bow out next week and they should call DeAndre and Dave back plus one more to sing off--or at least offer; they may both be over it and not want to go home again. She won't win, and at least that way she could avoid the backlash.  (I know others already said this--agreeing with you, but I can't find the posts.)

What I still can't get over with Adam is that in all his comments during the elimination, he never once said anything about Reagan's singing. Not one thing.  So, actually kind of unflattering for her in a way.  And really unfortunate for DeAndre--who gave one of his best performances--to lose out just because it was suddenly a competition about being a cute, vulnerable little girl --and not about "Her Voice" at all. 

You make some very good points. I think Reagan is 14. If they went up to age 16, that may be better. I think a 16 year old would have more maturity to handle this than a 14 year old, then they can put the younger ones on an American version of The Voice.  Yeah, I also find that very interesting that Adam didn't comment at all on her singing. And I wish DeAndre would get another chance. I don't care for Dave, but to be fair, he should too.

On 12/7/2018 at 11:32 PM, madmeg said:

That's quite interesting. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if that's why they didn't share what was wrong with Reagan.