Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: A Future to Believe In

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

It depends on the dogs, I think.  My dogs were always rather forward and energetic about greeting me and family at the door and wouldn't take no for an answer.  The longer we were away the more ardent and insistent they became.  Danielle was away for a few days, which was probably unusual for her and the dogs.  Plus Bobby was sitting in another room at the time, or at least on the other side of the room.  Why didn't he get up and come greet her at the door himself once he heard the noise?  I have wondered why that wasn't the most pertinent question here.  But I agree with you that the show re-enacts some scenes like this so we don't know the real timing of things.

Also, I just think Danielle is very averse to PDAs, especially on camera.  Obviously, we know she's having sex with Bobby so there must be a lot more she's willing to do in private.

Yeah that's just it; it's about letting them calm down for a few & then greeting them, because they are so excited.  I had to learn this due to a past dog peeing out of excitement. Once we were in for a bit she was calmer, then greeted her, all was dry.

As it goes, no one will be as happy to see you as your dog.  Although my bird is always happy 'his flock' is back as well. :)

Henry might've been even more excited had he missed Bobby for a few days...

• Love 1

Okay, I have to speak up for Nellie in the midst of all of this Henry love (and by the way, I love him too).  I think Nellie is a great dog as not only has Henry come into "her" home and been the recipient of love and affection from "her dad," she has also had to endure at least two rescue puppies during this time.  It's not always easy for pets to adjust to additional pets coming into their homes, but Nellie has done it with grace and style...  She must be secure in her relationship with Ricky Bobby.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

What woman (over 25) doesn't want to look younger than she is?? 

I'm torn.  I do look younger than I am (as does every single person on the planet, especially in their own eyes), and sometimes when I'm doing something physically difficult, I wish people knew how old I really am because then they might have a greater appreciation of the effort.

3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Also, I just think Danielle is very averse to PDAs, especially on camera.  Obviously, we know she's having sex with Bobby so there must be a lot more she's willing to do in private.

I think that's a big part of what's going on.  Plus, I have no doubt that at this point, she loves Henry more than she loves Bobby, so I can see why she immediately when for him (assuming that's what actually happened).

And for the record, I don't have a problem with her loving Henry more than she loves Bobby--she has a much longer history with Henry.  I actually think it's kind of crazy to expect people to truly love each other after just a few weeks.

• Love 1

I just caught up now.  On the night that Danielle came back from her business trip, I saw Bobby wiping his nose in the kitchen as she was first coming in and he threw the used napkin or tissue down on the kitchen counter instead of the garbage before he went to greet her. Ugh!  As for Tristan, he should never have cancelled his insurance to go on Mia’s before decision day or until they were 10000% sure the marriage was on steady ground.  So he is an asshole for that but she is also an asshole for being so indignant about him not telling her, after all of the crap she’s put him through.

• Love 1

I still don't get the correlation between greeting the dogs first being an indication that Danielle cares for them more than Bobby.  I think they were just in her path first, that's all.  Whether she loves them more, (which could be true anyway), is independent of that.

4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I spied that booger Kleenex tossed on the counter.......ewwww

Bobby, don’t make Dave come over and disinfect your counters!

Haha, I noticed the Kleenex too!

• Love 1

Bobby understood where Danielle was, why she was away, and that she was coming back. I'd guess the dogs didn't, so their excitement was greater. I always let my dogs greet my son when he comes home from college before I get in there for my hello, and I'm pretty sure it's not because I'm not important to my son or he loves the dogs more than me. 

• Love 3
On 9/28/2018 at 12:35 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Yeah, I'd wager that Dave and Amber stay together on decision day, but a break up is inevitable. By now they shouldn't be talking to each other so formally, they should be acting lovey dovey and comfortable with each other. Not saying everyone has to be the same way, but while they look like they might have fun doing activities together, they don't seem to like each other romantically or seem like they can get there. I can't blame Dave. I'd be very turned off by someone who took everything I said and twisted it to mean i'm not interested in them. And I can't blame Amber. He really does come off as aloof and stiff. He's not the type of guy who is gonna give you tons of compliments and act cutesy. He's the type that sounds like he's always discussing business even when he's trying to be romantic. He wouldn't be my type. Bobby would be my type. But to each their own. Tristan is just on the show to be on someone else's health insurance and that was pretty clear from this last episode.

I won't comment on Mia and Tristan. They're just messy. 

I'm not ready to give up on Amber and Dave. I know they're in their late 30s and a lot of their behavior patterns are well established. But this kind of experience could very well show them that those behavior patterns haven't helped them be successful in long-term relationships and also to stop being so rigid. I also think that too much is left to the experts who run this show. For instance, I can't really say that they should be more lovey dove by now because relationships happen differently. Some of them start out slowly. This one has been rushed by the premise of the show but also tainted by social media, producer gimmicks, editing, a camera crew, and experts who have a TV show to think about. If they opt to stay together, they will have an opportunity to approach their relationship differently, without the tv show component and perhaps with an actual marriage counselor who can help them communicate better with each other. And separately, they can work on themselves off camera. I've seen pictures of a brunette Amber floating around. I'm inclined to think that could be a sign of growth and comfort in her own skin. There's nothing wrong with dyeing your hair, but in her case it was problematic. I feel like they like each other but the path they're taking is causing a disconnect. Dave is serious but he and Amber could find some middle ground. Bobby is the type I'd want to date my daughter or younger sister. He's quite skilled in a lot of areas and is a sweet guy. I think he's trying to compensate for Danielle being so good about having a long commute. We've seen that be a deal breaker for couples on this show. I don't think she knows how to reciprocate Bobby's gestures. It would be considerate of her to take a break from fostering until they're more settled in the relationship. 

• Love 4
On 9/27/2018 at 1:26 PM, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I think that stressful couple is almost finished.

Actually, I think Dobby would be an awesome House Husband/SAH dad --and since Danielle makes more money than he does, and he's obviously the more nurturing one in that couple, it would make sense. 

I'm still hoping that they will be the ones to stay together.

I don't think Bobby wants to be a stay at home dad, which could make him a resentful one. I know she earns more but it's not like one is a corporate attorney and the other a preschool teaching assistant. So I'm not convinced the earning potential is that significant. I say earning potential because Bobby isn't even 30 yet. Plus, it seems that Danielle's job may cost her more in terms of either having a long commute or living closer to the city. 

I liked the way Danielle said they'd figure that out when the time comes. She could very well have a baby and want to go in a different direction. Or not. I hope they all realize that there are more than just two options for career and family life. Keeping an open mind is the first step to figuring it out. 1

• Love 4
On 9/26/2018 at 1:16 PM, psychoticstate said:

Then there was inconsistencies in the "kick out". Mia says, "he threw my stuff in the hall" and Tristan says, "Mia packed up her stuff." I figured one was lying, but probably not.  Likely, manipulator Mia packed her own stuff and Tristan just put it in the hall, all the while making it sound like Tristan gathered her stuff, packed it, and kicked her out.  

Exactly what I was thinking! Her stuff seemed packed too neatly to be done by a guy. I was wondering about logistics even ..like how would he know where she put everything to actually pack it. I’ve been with my husband 20 years and he wouldn’t know how to pack me! He probably just moved it from the indoors to the hallway

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ShowFan said:
On 9/26/2018 at 1:16 PM, psychoticstate said:

Then there was inconsistencies in the "kick out". Mia says, "he threw my stuff in the hall" and Tristan says, "Mia packed up her stuff." I figured one was lying, but probably not.  Likely, manipulator Mia packed her own stuff and Tristan just put it in the hall, all the while making it sound like Tristan gathered her stuff, packed it, and kicked her out.  

Exactly what I was thinking! Her stuff seemed packed too neatly to be done by a guy. I was wondering about logistics even ..like how would he know where she put everything to actually pack it. I’ve been with my husband 20 years and he wouldn’t know how to pack me! He probably just moved it from the indoors to the hallway

Yep.

Forever the victim, Mia most likely decided to leave, packed her stuff but didn't go anywhere, so Tristan put the crap out in the hallway for her. Now Mia can claim she's been "kicked out" & suck up all the sympathy. Tristan's no prize but he's in a no-win situation. Stalking, theft, constant lying, lack of boundaries all around, victim mentality- there's something seriously wrong with her.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Yep.

Forever the victim, Mia most likely decided to leave, packed her stuff but didn't go anywhere, so Tristan put the crap out in the hallway for her. Now Mia can claim she's been "kicked out" & suck up all the sympathy. Tristan's no prize but he's in a no-win situation. Stalking, theft, constant lying, lack of boundaries all around, victim mentality- there's something seriously wrong with her.

You're not wrong but ...what kind of person willingly stays with such a person? He has major issues, too.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

You're not wrong but ...what kind of person willingly stays with such a person? He has major issues, too.

I think just doing a show like this could indicate having major issues.

But yes, I've said before Tristan is a mess too. But he hasn't stalked someone to the point of a protective order being filed or committed theft, that we know of... that's pretty extreme behavior.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I think just doing a show like this could indicate having major issues.

But yes, I've said before Tristan is a mess too. But he hasn't stalked someone to the point of a protective order being filed or committed theft, that we know of... that's pretty extreme behavior.

My point is, he knows all of this and still hasn't walked away. lol There are people who behave like Mia and then there are their equally messed up partners who put up with it. If you want to know who someone is, take a long look at their friends, spouse, partner, etc. (or lack thereof).

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LilaFowler said:

My point is, he knows all of this and still hasn't walked away. lol There are people who behave like Mia and then there are their equally messed up partners who put up with it. If you want to know who someone is, take a long look at their friends, spouse, partner, etc. (or lack thereof).

Well, I see what you're saying, & reg. Tristan, I think there have been mutterings on the spoilers board as to why he may be sticking around, & of course it's not for love or to be her rock, that's for sure.

Neither are stellar human beings, but my point is I find Mia to be more unstable & in need of professional help- JMO.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Well, I see what you're saying, & reg. Tristan, I think there have been mutterings on the spoilers board as to why he may be sticking around, & of course it's not for love or to be her rock, that's for sure.

Neither are stellar human beings, but my point is I find Mia to be more unstable & in need of professional help- JMO.

Without question, Mia needs a shrink at least as much as Amber does. (The thing is, Mia's issues may go deeper, be more ingrained and harder to change.)

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

39 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I have a feeling when the marriage ends so does the money train. If there were no dollars involved he would have done the sensible thing and said, "Peace out" as soon as she was released from jail with her dumbass's lies. I am so sick of this couple. The whole thing should have been nixed as soon as Mia got arrested and they should of just moved forward with the two couples.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I have a feeling when the marriage ends so does the money train. If there were no dollars involved he would have done the sensible thing and said, "Peace out" as soon as she was released from jail with her dumbass's lies. I am so sick of this couple. The whole thing should have been nixed as soon as Mia got arrested and they should of just moved forward with the two couples.

My thing is, they aren't even making enough money to even call it a money train. Money scooter, maybe. Money jalopy. It's not like it's Bravo and they're making millions per season and appearing on multiple seasons. They get (pre-taxes) $10k stipend plus a pitiful per-episode amount. In addition, every future potential employer or love interest will be able to google their names and see all of this foolishness. Wouldn't be worth it to me, not even halfway.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

My thing is, they aren't even making enough money to even call it a money train. Money scooter, maybe. Money jalopy. It's not like it's Bravo and they're making millions per season and appearing on multiple seasons. They get (pre-taxes) $10k stipend plus a pitiful per-episode amount. In addition, every future potential employer or love interest will be able to google their names and see all of this foolishness. Wouldn't be worth it to me, not even halfway.

Bwa-ha ha...money scooter just killed me dead. It is crazy the sad lengths people will go to for z-list fame and you are right....comparably very little money. I do feel that relatively expensive high rise apartment was bullshit and Tristan was just frontin for the show. I do not think he has any great love for Mia and really why should he? This couple might be the death nail to any shred of dignity this show still retained.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

I agree. Everything I've read indicates that they get a pittance (I read something from someone who did the Australian version that said he LOST money doing the show and ended up divorced on top of that), and I think the "from the experts" money has only been a thing the last two seasons. I've said before that if you're going to go on a reality show to make money or even to promote yourself, this seems like one that is way, way more trouble than it's worth. Even if they net ten grand each, odds are good that's not a life-changing amount of money given that they all have professional jobs - they can earn ten grand on their own.

• Love 4