Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Ghost-Like

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

Nanceford! But a month with no communication whatsoever? Bruh. You could have told Issa you had to go back home for a minute.  Well, you have some major groveling to do.

Andrew... 

Molly was a good friend and overstepping Issa's boundaries at the same damn time.  Looks like work is going to be hella strained since practically all of her co-workers now hate her.  But she did that to herself!

I'm on Team #FuckLawrence. Even having Chad is not enough to want to keep him. 

• Love 8

That was an underwhelming and disjointed season finale.  This year really suffered from the cut episode order, considering the episodes are only 30 minutes long.  The whole season ends up being, what, 4 hours?

I'm thinking Nathan was glossing over his issues.  I'm wondering if he suffers from depression or something more serious and wanted to get away.  

Why did they go into Daniel's life just to cut him loose three episodes in without another mention?  Unless they're going to do what they did with Lawrence, and play a "gotcha, he's back!" later on.  

Well, Molly got what she wanted.  She's leading on the case, and as suspected, she's completely isolated.  Way to go, Molly.  At least she reconciled with Andrew.  I actually didn't mind her sending Nathan away, but her cavalier mentioning to Issa was nagl.  Issa was right to call her on it.

Issa was trying me, though.  She's just now applying for other jobs?  And she bought new furniture and art for her place?!?  With what money?  I just wanted to scream "But...you ain't got no job!"  Is Lyft paying her that well?  If she genuinely put her finances on hold to play Party Planner for a month, that's dumb.  I'm sorry, I know she's insecure, but that's dumb.

I love that Kelli was dressed as Shonuff.  Surprised Tiffany didn't have the baby, usually a pregnant character ends up giving birth by the end of the season.

Edited by Amethyst
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

This year really suffered from the cut episode order, considering the episodes are only 30 minutes long.

I don't think this was a cut episode order.  Every season has been 8 episodes so far.  8 is enough but this season took a while to get going. 

11 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Why did they go into Daniel's life just to cut him loose three episodes in without another mention?  Unless they're going to do what they did with Lawrence, and play a "gotcha, he's back!" later on.

I expect him to show up again.  We got Jared again. 

Speaking of Jared, it was good to see him and of course Molly would assume he'd be dating a man even after what he told her. 

I saw Molly alienating everyone but I didn't predict that Taurean would connect with the women Molly alienated earlier. 

It does sound like Nate had a bout with depression which is better than totally ghosting but it's still no excuse for not sending her a text to let her know he was going to Houston for a bit.  I know he wasn't thinking right but he was thinking right enough to get his behind to another city so I'm glad Issa sent him away. 

• Love 8

In the Wine Down, Issa said they were kind of planting seeds, kind of lie The Wire season 2 — “we’re not saying we’re The Wire though.”   They must have been confident of a renewal if that was the overall strategy for this season.

Issa was inspired to try again with the block party because the movie at the park thing worked out and she was encouraged by Condola.

Wait til she finds out Lawrence and Condola are an item.  But it could also keep Lawrence in Issa’s orbit so the show may be dangling Issa-Lawrence again eventually.

Lawrence was set straight by his father about working at it so he’s willing to date a divorcee.  Then he saw that Chad’s fiancée took his cheating ass back.

Meanwhile Molly had her own come to Jesus moments, first running into Jared, being wrong about him and then Issa telling her she “cancels n***** left and right.”

So she goes back groveling to Andrew.  And in the Wine Down they allude to the idea of pairing her with someone other than a black man, to take her out of her comfort zone.  Also could be messy if Issa doesn’t give Nathan another chance but Molly and Andrew date while Nathan lives with Andrew.

Season 4 could be an overdose of relationships — Lawrence and Condola, Molly and Andrew, maybe Issa and Nathan and don’t forget Kelli and Qwantrell.

On the one hand, you want the characters to hang out as friends, as they’ve always done.  Does Molly get too busy with work and Andrew to talk as much to Issa?

On the other hand, maybe Issa turning 30 is suppose to be a milestone.  In the earlier ep. Tiffani was drifting away from the other girls as she faced motherhood.  The other girls are a long way from that but they’re also encountering things which pull them away from each other — work, relationships, etc.  Even Chad and Lawrence may not be the same again.

Hmm, season 4 could be a drag ...

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think this was a cut episode order.  Every season has been 8 episodes so far.  8 is enough but this season took a while to get going. 

Huh, you're right.  I stand corrected; I thought the other seasons were longer.  This one really felt disjointed.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Amethyst said:

Issa was trying me, though.  She's just now applying for other jobs?  And she bought new furniture and art for her place?!?  With what money?  I just wanted to scream "But...you ain't got no job!"  Is Lyft paying her that well?  If she genuinely put her finances on hold to play Party Planner for a month, that's dumb.  I'm sorry, I know she's insecure, but that's dumb.

Yeah... this show is starting to get into Friends territory with me. Issa’s makeup is flawless, her hair is always on point, her outfits look amazing. Like okay, we’re supposed to believe that this insecure woman is so masterful at self-presentation with limited income??? The last straw was her sitting in an apartment that looked better than my damn house. How’d she get that furniture and bookcase? I’m well familiar with the LA thrift stores - they don’t have anything that looks as nice and the stuff she has. And if they do, it’s priced accordingly!  She might as well be Rachel and Monica in that damn Manhattan apartment.

I mean, I love the show and all, but this is NOT realistic. The fully furnished apartment was the last damn straw. lol

Edited by loki310
Corrected quote
  • Love 20

Annalise Keating your coworkers. So, Molly will kill them, disappear their bodies, and set Andrew up to take the murder rap?

Oops, turned out it was Quantrell. Now they back together.

It was weird to see Christina Elmore playing Condola since the character she played on The Last Ship got killed on tonight's episode. One door closes, another opens.

I like Andrew with his hair down a lot more than with the manbun.

Interesting finale.

• Love 4

Yeah... this show is starting to get into Friends territory with me. Issa’s makeup is flawless, her hair is always on point, her outfits look amazing. Like okay, we’re supposed to believe that this insecure woman is so masterful at self-presentation with limited income??? The last straw was her sitting in an apartment that looked better than my damn house. How’d she get that furniture and bookcase? I’m well familiar with the LA thrift stores - they don’t have anything that looks as nice and the stuff she has. And if they do, it’s priced accordingly!  She might as well be Rachel and Monica in that damn Manhattan apartment.

I mean, I love the show and all, but this is NOT realistic. The fully furnished apartment was the last damn straw. lol

I see Issa in a lot of jeans and tshirts. Her outfit at Tiffany's shower was pretty simple as I recall.  I believe the ladies of Instagram and YouTube have shown that flawless makeup can be had at drugstore prices. Being broke and fabulous is a skill. Rent the runway and Poshmark have provided even more opportunity for it. 

I have a $2300 sofa but I didn't pay $2300 for it--not even close. There are plenty of online outlets to get great stuff for low prices.

I love Molly and Issa's friendship. Their ability to call each other out and watch each other's back is admirable, frustrating, but admirable.  Molly, unfortunately, is one of those people that has to learn every lesson the hard way. She reminds me of the memes that go around asking what you would say to your younger self, older Molly would tell young Molly to chill the eff out. 

I don't think Daniel is a loose end. As Molly aptly said when we saw him last "Bye Daniel".  I really want the focus of the show to stay on the girls. Too many shows drift away from the main characters or themes to appease networks/audiences and end up losing the magic that drew us to them, to begin with.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It does sound like Nate had a bout with depression which is better than totally ghosting but it's still no excuse for not sending her a text to let her know he was going to Houston for a bit.  I know he wasn't thinking right but he was thinking right enough to get his behind to another city so I'm glad Issa sent him away. 

That’s what I picked up on instantly. Nate either hasn’t been formally diagnosed, or has and is hesitant/uncomfortable explaining it. 

Doesn’t give him a pass, but if he can be honest about his depressive spells in the future, it could be workable. 

If the show uses his character to start a mental health awareness conversation, I’m all for it! 

• Love 9

Issa has some willpower.  I don't know if I could have looked into Nanceford's puppy dog eyes and then still walked away after that apology.  But good on her for standing strong and needing some time to think on it.

I loved that her birthday present was a showing of The Last Dragon.  That is one of my favorite movies and I almost lost my damn mind when I got to meet Taimak (and take a picture with him) a couple years ago.

I wonder how long Molly will stay at her firm.  She either has to live up to/with her power moves, which means she'll be alienated by the others, or find another firm, who will most likely question why she's hopping from place to place so quickly.  I was glad to see she reached out to Andrew to apologize (OMG that hair!  I'm fanning myself over here), especially after making incorrect assumptions, again, about Jared.  As soon as the guy game up, I knew she would jump back to her same shit; and low and behold, it's his brother.  Jared was another nice one she let get away.

Chad is still a dick....and Iove it!  I'm not sure what his gf/fiance sees in him, though.  Have we ever actually met her?

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 11

I loved Lawrence's dad (stepdad?) said that he was perfectly happy with his old flip phone and then recorded his whole advice speech on his new voicemail. 

It sounds like Nanceford was depressed and had to go home because he couldn't function on his own in LA without a stronger support system (no offense to Hot Andrew who is only one person). I'm not saying Issa should just forgive him right away because he had an entire MONTH to send her a short and simple text ("Had to go back to Houston. Don't know how long I'll be gone. I'll let you know when I'm back in LA" or something to that effect) just so she knew that he was alive and not ignoring her.

But I would like to put it out there that if it were any other kind of medical situation (cancer, surgery, etc), most people would be a lot more understanding that someone hadn't been in touch for a month. I don't think Issa is ready to forgive him yet regardless of the circumstances. Nathan isn't able to fully admit that he was depressed either so Issa can't be expected to read between the lines and figure it out, especially when she's still so hurt and angry. I think that if they are both willing to be very open and honest in their communication, they can work through this but it doesn't seem like they're quite there yet.

Molly has really shot herself in the foot at work. She has alienated herself from three of her coworkers already. Is she going to be able to handle this case on her own? I wouldn't be surprised if Taurean jumped ship just to let Molly fail so that she gets fired.

Oh, Chad. So you got your woman back by groveling and buying her expensive stuff? Sounds about right. And not because he's decided that she's The One but because he's too lazy to start over with someone else. That sounds like the great foundation for a marriage! I do love imagining Chad being forced to watch Project Runway though.

Molly pretending to fast for Ramadan made me laugh more than it should have. "I'm not Muslim but I want to respect it."

I can't wait to see more of the saga of Kelli and Quantrell. I can't blame her for ditching Julian if he wouldn't go down on her.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, loki310 said:

Exactly! Once real life Issa lost weight,they really upgraded her wardrobe and makeup at a time she was super broke cause last season she could barely afford her bills and of course this season she either didn’t have a place to live or a job. 

I’m not mad at Molly at her job. She said none of the female associates were partners so she needs to stand out. She reminds me of Nicole Ari Parker’s character on Soul Food. Now I will drag Molly on her non support of Issa’s block party idea. 

Also, I don’t know how I feel about Nathan showing back up. In real life, the guy either never resurfaces or sends a random text, maybe a call, definitely doesn’t show up at the apartment with flowers. I think Molly did the right thing dismissing Nathan on her birthday but she should’ve told her after. 

As for Lawrence, I like the show better with him on it but at the same time, I don’t enjoy watching him date other people. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, loki310 said:

17 minutes ago, healthnut said:

Exactly! Once real life Issa lost weight,they really upgraded her wardrobe and makeup at a time she was super broke cause last season she could barely afford her bills and of course this season she either didn’t have a place to live or a job. 

I’m not mad at Molly at her job. She said none of the female associates were partners so she needs to stand out. She reminds me of Nicole Ari Parker’s character on Soul Food. Now I will drag Molly on her non support of Issa’s block party idea. 

Also, I don’t know how I feel about Nathan showing back up. In real life, the guy either never resurfaces or sends a random text, maybe a call, definitely doesn’t show up at the apartment with flowers. I think Molly did the right thing dismissing Nathan on her birthday but she should’ve told her after. 

As for Lawrence, I like the show better with him on it but at the same time, I don’t enjoy watching him date other people. 

I was like, “Damn, Issa’s place is nice.” In the first season the show was pretty realistic about what you could afford in expensive ass LA on a nonprofit salary that was also supporting Lawrence’s ass for two years. I think Kelly said her old apartment looked like a trap house. Even, with that she still could not hold on to it once the neighborhood gentrified. I get the feeling she will get the other nonprofit job and work that into her block party idea. Maybe that will be what her business will be about...setting up events for nonprofits.

Andrew has some pretty hair.

Edited by qtpye
7 hours ago, scrb said:

In the Wine Down, Issa said they were kind of planting seeds, kind of lie The Wire season 2 — “we’re not saying we’re The Wire though.”   They must have been confident of a renewal if that was the overall strategy for this season.

Issa was inspired to try again with the block party because the movie at the park thing worked out and she was encouraged by Condola.

Wait til she finds out Lawrence and Condola are an item.  But it could also keep Lawrence in Issa’s orbit so the show may be dangling Issa-Lawrence again eventually.

Lawrence was set straight by his father about working at it so he’s willing to date a divorcee.  Then he saw that Chad’s fiancée took his cheating ass back.

Meanwhile Molly had her own come to Jesus moments, first running into Jared, being wrong about him and then Issa telling her she “cancels n***** left and right.”

So she goes back groveling to Andrew.  And in the Wine Down they allude to the idea of pairing her with someone other than a black man, to take her out of her comfort zone.  Also could be messy if Issa doesn’t give Nathan another chance but Molly and Andrew date while Nathan lives with Andrew.

Season 4 could be an overdose of relationships — Lawrence and Condola, Molly and Andrew, maybe Issa and Nathan and don’t forget Kelli and Qwantrell.

On the one hand, you want the characters to hang out as friends, as they’ve always done.  Does Molly get too busy with work and Andrew to talk as much to Issa?

On the other hand, maybe Issa turning 30 is suppose to be a milestone.  In the earlier ep. Tiffani was drifting away from the other girls as she faced motherhood.  The other girls are a long way from that but they’re also encountering things which pull them away from each other — work, relationships, etc.  Even Chad and Lawrence may not be the same again.

Hmm, season 4 could be a drag ...

I could see that. If Nanceford has depression, maybe they'll get into mental health issues in the Black community. Issa's "so you were in a bad mood?" shows that she doesn't have a sense of how deep depression can be (though in fairness to her, Nanceford didn't lay it out like "I have depression"). If Molly and Andrew connect, they'll have an interracial couple in their group. And I hope they DO show Kelli and Quantrell.

Molly has always had more free time than I thought she should have as a BigFirm lawyer (see also: Miranda from Sex and the City). My best friend was about that life for five years (she left to go in-house, which is more family-friendly) and I would go stretches without seeing her. Her then-boyfriend, now-husband, would go stretches without seeing her and they lived together.

Molly has really shot herself in the foot at work. She has no allies. Even if you don't have friends at work, you need allies. That's what the good old boys club is.

Issa's place has bomb-ass built-ins. And I think I read that some of her clothes are expensive - I remember a sweatshirt and the internet said it cost like $250. Maybe that's the source of her 425 credit score.

• Love 5

Kelli's bit with Quantrell had me dying:

"Fuck you Quantrell! Wait...that ain't Quantrell. Hold this. I'm gonna holler at that Quantrell-looking motherfucker. How you doin', baby? I didn't mean 'Fuck you,' I meant 'Hey, what the fuck you doin'?'"

*Later*

"Well, turns out it was Quantrell. Dammit. Now we're back together."

As Issa pointed out, if she makes partner with everyone hating her because of things like the stunt she pulled with Taurean, she's going to be miserable.

Molly is right that there is a double standard when it comes to office politics for men versus women, but I have no doubt that Taurean would have been equally pissed if a guy had pulled what she had pulled.

30 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Molly has always had more free time than I thought she should have as a BigFirm lawyer (see also: Miranda from Sex and the City). My best friend was about that life for five years (she left to go in-house, which is more family-friendly) and I would go stretches without seeing her. Her then-boyfriend, now-husband, would go stretches without seeing her and they lived together.

That's a common thing with TV biglaw lawyers. They have schedules like in-house lawyers, but they're supposedly biglaw lawyers. Not how it works.

Molly has really shot herself in the foot at work. She has no allies. Even if you don't have friends at work, you need allies. That's what the good old boys club is.

Yes, exactly!

Good on Molly for apologizing to Andrew. Growth. And Andrew needs to never put his hair up again, please and thank you.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, healthnut said:

Me too. I like Lawrence. I am not saying that he and Issa should be together but he is a good character. In fact, I like Lawrence way more than I have ever liked Daniel.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Annalise Keating your coworkers. So, Molly will kill them, disappear their bodies, and set Andrew up to take the murder rap?

Oops, turned out it was Quantrell. Now they back together.

It was weird to see Christina Elmore playing Condola since the character she played on The Last Ship got killed on tonight's episode. One door closes, another opens.

I like Andrew with his hair down a lot more than with the manbun.

Interesting finale.

Dammit JIM, I haven't watched all my DVR shows yet!! LMAO

• Love 2
9 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I wonder how long Molly will stay at her firm.  She either has to live up to/with her power moves, which means she'll be alienated by the others, or find another firm, who will most likely question why she's hopping from place to place so quickly.  I was glad to see she reached out to Andrew to apologize (OMG that hair!  I'm fanning myself over here), especially after making incorrect assumptions, again, about Jared.

So I appreciate Molly trying to keep Issa 's birthday drama-free but she was way too casual mentioning her "n*gga control skillz."  She knew Issa was sprung on Nanceford (called her Harriet The Spy, HA!) so she owed her more than, "Oh, BTW I sent him and his tired-ass flowers away."

And she bought every bit of that cold-shoulder she's receiving at work.  Enjoy that lead counsel deal.

Andrew.  Baby.  That Hair.  That Attitude.  YUM!

I might need to have my black card revoked because I have never seen The Last Dragon nor have I wanted to.  I remember everyone going downtown to see it on Easter Sunday (I don't know why that was a thing, but it was) and I couldn't be bothered to go.  

• Love 2

Dammit JIM, I haven't watched all my DVR shows yet!! LMAO

Heh, I debated whether to spoiler tag that or not and decided there probably weren't that many people watching both shows. Oh well, wrong again. ? If it's any consolation there's a slim chance Granderson could survive if someone with medical training finds her in time. Real slim.

no doubt that Taurean would have been equally pissed if a guy had pulled what she had pulled.

Yes, and I think if a guy had pulled what Molly did Taurean would handled it in a more direct way. He's probably aware that he can't come at Molly with much verbal (or physical) volume because of sexual harassment laws. Now she'll have to deal with the passive-aggressive office politics approach which is often a lot worse.

• Love 3

Damn, that Molly/Andrew convo was painful....having to apologize when you're wrong is bad enough but to get attitude when you're trying to apologize?  I'm sure that was hella hard for Molly to do.  Anyway I had to put a sweater on he was so cold.  Although he did smile/smirk at the end of the convo, so there's that.  As much as I loathe ponytails/manbuns on men, in Andrew's case I'll make an exception as I wasn't feeling the hair down.

Guess I learned something this eppy....I loved Molly telling Nathan to hit the road jack but didn't know doing such a thing is a no-no.

I love Molly and Issa's friendship. Their ability to call each other out and watch each other's back is admirable, frustrating, but admirable.

I love it too but them calling each other 'bitch' is a tad much at times.....hmmm, maybe people feel that way when I call my female loved ones 'heiffa', but I digress.

Shit, we all have our problems but ghosting me for a month then coming back from said month with measly flowers as forgiveness?  I dunno.

Kelli is so nasty and I love every minute of it!  As for Julian's refusal to perform lady part CPR (heh!), I guess I'm the only one in that getting that done isn't mandatory for me as I'd rather give to Mr. Vixenstud.

And now I've shared my hidden whore, so I'ma leave now....

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I expect him to show up again.  We got Jared again. 

Speaking of Jared, it was good to see him and of course Molly would assume he'd be dating a man even after what he told her. 

I saw Molly alienating everyone but I didn't predict that Taurean would connect with the women Molly alienated earlier. 

I wanted to touch on Jared but wasn'q quite sure how to articulate it.   The bosom squad said she dumb, he's the one that got away.   I was the lone holdout.  I said he's not though, not to her.  I know that scene was meant to demonstrate the he was a lost opportunity because as usual she was being dismissive and judgmental and this was a confirmation that she'd been and was wrong.   But, if she had and continued to wonder about his sexuality because of this one experience he told her about, then he's not a loss to her.   Until it's confirmed, every time he interacts with a dude she didn't know, she was going to default to:  dammit, I was right.  

9 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I loved Lawrence's dad (stepdad?) said that he was perfectly happy with his old flip phone and then recorded his whole advice speech on his new voicemail. 

It sounds like Nanceford was depressed and had to go home because he couldn't function on his own in LA without a stronger support system (no offense to Hot Andrew who is only one person). I'm not saying Issa should just forgive him right away because he had an entire MONTH to send her a short and simple text ("Had to go back to Houston. Don't know how long I'll be gone. I'll let you know when I'm back in LA" or something to that effect) just so she knew that he was alive and not ignoring her.

But I would like to put it out there that if it were any other kind of medical situation (cancer, surgery, etc), most people would be a lot more understanding that someone hadn't been in touch for a month. I don't think Issa is ready to forgive him yet regardless of the circumstances. Nathan isn't able to fully admit that he was depressed either so Issa can't be expected to read between the lines and figure it out, especially when she's still so hurt and angry. I think that if they are both willing to be very open and honest in their communication, they can work through this but it doesn't seem like they're quite there yet.

Molly has really shot herself in the foot at work. She has alienated herself from three of her coworkers already. Is she going to be able to handle this case on her own? I wouldn't be surprised if Taurean jumped ship just to let Molly fail so that she gets fired.

Oh, Chad. So you got your woman back by groveling and buying her expensive stuff? Sounds about right. And not because he's decided that she's The One but because he's too lazy to start over with someone else. That sounds like the great foundation for a marriage! I do love imagining Chad being forced to watch Project Runway though.

Molly pretending to fast for Ramadan made me laugh more than it should have. "I'm not Muslim but I want to respect it."

I can't wait to see more of the saga of Kelli and Quantrell. I can't blame her for ditching Julian if he wouldn't go down on her.

I was rocking in my chair waiting for one of ya'll to say that, even though we can acknowledge that there's some form of depression going on, from Issa's perspective (and since I've overshared this before, from mine) that man was visiting his mama, travelling to clients, checking in for flights to and from Texas and answering IG posts.   So to her, whatever emotional, psychological and physical disconnect existed, he went to work, went home, travelled back to Houston and logged onto social media.  Nuh uh muffucah, you w'ant so deep down this mysterious rabbit hole that you shut out everybody, you just ain't wanna fuck with me.  So from the other person in the relationship's perspective, sure, the behavior is about the one depressed, but the only other person affected was her.    It's a tough hill to climb.

When she said that _______ was on some DJ Khaled shit. 

tenor.gif

In 2018, The Year Of Our Lord?  You getting cussed out in an open field along with Quantrell.  

6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I could see that. If Nanceford has depression, maybe they'll get into mental health issues in the Black community. Issa's "so you were in a bad mood?" shows that she doesn't have a sense of how deep depression can be (though in fairness to her, Nanceford didn't lay it out like "I have depression"). If Molly and Andrew connect, they'll have an interracial couple in their group. And I hope they DO show Kelli and Quantrell.

Issa's place has bomb-ass built-ins. And I think I read that some of her clothes are expensive - I remember a sweatshirt and the internet said it cost like $250. Maybe that's the source of her 425 credit score.

Pass that basket down here church, that's a word.   I get that she's supposed to be slightly fucked up.  Ok.  But how does a woman this obviously intelligent act like she doesn't know how to calibrate for her environment?   Wasn't this the whole problem at her old firm with - ya'll what was ole girl's name? I wanna call her Rasheeda.  But wasn't that the whole situation?   Biiiiiitch?  lay low, then maneuver how you want to.   Issa was right when she got her together, you finna reach the summit and look down off Everest like, helloooo, hellooooo, ooooooooo.....I mean can anybody hear me....ee.......ee.   You sought to work with the firm superstar, then snipered his ass to such an extent that now the enemies of your enemy are his friends?  Oh gurrl.

6 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Kelli's bit with Quantrell had me dying:

"Fuck you Quantrell! Wait...that ain't Quantrell. Hold this. I'm gonna holler at that Quantrell-looking motherfucker. How you doin', baby? I didn't mean 'Fuck you,' I meant 'Hey, what the fuck you doin'?'"

*Later*

"Well, turns out it was Quantrell. Dammit. Now we're back together."

As Issa pointed out, if she makes partner with everyone hating her because of things like the stunt she pulled with Taurean, she's going to be miserable.

Molly is right that there is a double standard when it comes to office politics for men versus women, but I have no doubt that Taurean would have been equally pissed if a guy had pulled what she had pulled.

That's a common thing with TV biglaw lawyers. They have schedules like in-house lawyers, but they're supposedly biglaw lawyers. Not how it works.

Yes, exactly!

Good on Molly for apologizing to Andrew. Growth. And Andrew needs to never put his hair up again, please and thank you.

and this.   I would've loved if the show touched on this.   It was underhanded and lacked judgment and all it displayed, gender notwithstanding, was this is not somebody to trust.  Hell, she doesn't trust herself.

giphy.gif

Yesssss!! Lol.

I loved that even after giving her a little bit of a hard time, Andrew was willing to hear Molly out.   She earned some shitty vibes, I'm here for a plate of smothered crow.   Oh shit, ya'll I almost forgot when she turned away Nanceford.  First of all, I saw him before Molly did and then went to doing that thing we do and screaming like he could hear me:  NathanwheretheFUCKyoubeen?? strolling up in here witcho Pathmark ass Easter collection flowers.   Necro if you don't....BUT then, I calmed down and acknowledged that a black man who has come to bare his soul is like a sleepwalker, never, ever disrupt that muffucah, it's dangerous.   Andplusalso?  we won't never find out what he came to say.   Whiiiiiiich is why I was so conflicted about what Molly did.   As I said to the Council of Bosoms this morning, that was a boss friend, ace boon move, but ya'll betnot never do it to me.  I heard what Issa said about her birthday being bomb but that wasn't Molly's step to take.   If you gone spend the day telling me you not my man, then gottdammit let mine through! lol.

I lost my place with quotes.   Lawrence seeing Colondra.  When she said she had a date I actually thought she was on her way to meet Nathan.   She can have old dirty dick Lawrence I'm good if we let him go.   The scene with his dad (where do we know that actor from fam?  I feel old as hell) was super sweet.  I loved that it kinda snapped him out of this fairy tale ass idea that relationships are insta-automatic-easy.   I think that's what made him take a chance on a divorcee.   Ironically, Chad sort of telling him the same thing - that there's a whole heap of work behind the scenes you don't see - looked as though it had some effect on him considering starting over with Issa.  It looks like he's finally ready to turn that page.   

Who asked if we've ever seen Chad's woman?  No'm.    Solid dolla says she looks like big sister gorgeous one.   Takers?

I'm forgetting something, what is it?

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
just one time, I want fingers to move like brain
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Vixenstud said:

Kelli is so nasty and I love every minute of it!  As for Julian's refusal to perform lady part CPR (heh!), I guess I'm the only one in that getting that done isn't mandatory for me as I'd rather give to Mr. Vixenstud.

Ha, nothing wrong with that since that's your thing. But if Julian went full DJ Khaled, then he's expecting it without reciprocating and that's a hell nah. 

Nanceford can get the entire fuck outta here popping up on Issa's birthday with flowers after he's been gone for a month. Acting as if he just came back from vacation. Y'all know he had a spring in his step too when he rolled up to Issa's house. Molly did the right thing by telling him to step. The nerve.

However, I am here for the show exploring mental illness next season if that's where they're going with Nanceford.  

I'm annoyed that Issa is just now starting to apply for jobs, but anytime she makes a step in the right direction, I'll golf clap. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

The scene with his dad (where do we know that actor from fam?

I had to look at the credits myself!  I thought it was the character actor Rick Fitts, but then, but then....it was Dresser from The Five Heartbeats.

Dresser, girl!

*Walks out, singing I Got Nothin' But Love For You, Baby*

Dresser.jpg

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Who asked if we've ever seen Chad's woman?  No'm.    Solid dolla says she looks like big sister gorgeous one.   Takers?

That was me.  I just realized that we had never seen her, 9nly heard about her.  And if Chad and Lawrence are such good friends, and Lawrence and Issa had been together for what, about 5 years, you'd think Issa and old girl would at least be friendly.  She may very well be a big sister gorgeous one type and might be  too much to deal with, especially since they already got a Tiffany.

And Lol at "old dirty dick Lawrence"!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

You don't have to leave! I like to think we're all proud hidden whores around here!

We was hiding LMAO .. 

I dont inflate ya raft if you dont get down there and make sure my wax lady earned her tip!

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Heh, I debated whether to spoiler tag that or not and decided there probably weren't that many people watching both shows. Oh well, wrong again. ? If it's any consolation there's a slim chance Granderson could survive if someone with medical training finds her in time. Real slim.

Yes, and I think if a guy had pulled what Molly did Taurean would handled it in a more direct way. He's probably aware that he can't come at Molly with much verbal (or physical) volume because of sexual harassment laws. Now she'll have to deal with the passive-aggressive office politics approach which is often a lot worse.

I also didnt recognize her. I wonder how much TNT paid her to rock my granny doctor's appointment wig.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

The bosom squad said she dumb, he's the one that got away.   I was the lone holdout.  I said he's not though, not to her.  I know that scene was meant to demonstrate the he was a lost opportunity because as usual she was being dismissive and judgmental and this was a confirmation that she'd been and was wrong.   But, if she had and continued to wonder about his sexuality because of this one experience he told her about, then he's not a loss to her.   

Even though I don't approve of her biphobia (although he's not even really bi, he tried, like she did, and didn't like) I'd agree that he'd be wrong for her if he were a unique situation.  But he's not.  She finds fault in every guy she dates, even w hen they're presented as decent prospects.  If Molly having doubts were a good enough excuse, then she should just give up. 

19 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

But I would like to put it out there that if it were any other kind of medical situation (cancer, surgery, etc), most people would be a lot more understanding that someone hadn't been in touch for a month. I don't think Issa is ready to forgive him yet regardless of the circumstances. Nathan isn't able to fully admit that he was depressed either so Issa can't be expected to read between the lines and figure it out, especially when she's still so hurt and angry.

I think if he had been hit by a car and were in a coma, people might be more understanding because he literally couldn't reach out.  But I'm sure, if that were the case, someone would have informed her.  However, if Nathan had another disease or had surgery but could still be giving people haircuts and posting on Instagram, I still think Issa would be mad.  (And so would I).

I think in order for Issa to forgive him and work through it, he's going to have to own his depression and talk about what treatment he's pursuing so it won't happen again. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Even though I don't approve of her biphobia (although he's not even really bi, he tried, like she did, and didn't like) I'd agree that he'd be wrong for her if he were a unique situation.  But he's not.  She finds fault in every guy she dates, even w hen they're presented as decent prospects.  If Molly having doubts were a good enough excuse, then she should just give up. 

I think if he had been hit by a car and were in a coma, people might be more understanding because he literally couldn't reach out.  But I'm sure, if that were the case, someone would have informed her.  However, if Nathan had another disease or had surgery but could still be giving people haircuts and posting on Instagram, I still think Issa would be mad.  (And so would I).

I think in order for Issa to forgive him and work through it, he's going to have to own his depression and talk about what treatment he's pursuing so it won't happen again. 

I think it's kind of silly and convenient to suggest he went through a bout of depression in the month that he ghosted her. I think he just was not that into her, other than sexually, and was resting out other prospects before coming back to get laid again. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I might need to have my black card revoked because I have never seen The Last Dragon nor have I wanted to.  I remember everyone going downtown to see it on Easter Sunday (I don't know why that was a thing, but it was) and I couldn't be bothered to go.  

You're not the only one! When I saw this episode, it was crazy deja vu! I live in NYC and a few weeks ago I literally just went  to an outdoor screening of the Last Dragon and I went completely blind-sided and not knowing what to expect. Definitely a blackbuster cult classic because some people were realllllly into it. The only difference was it took place on an island rather than a cemetery but the atmosphere was nice and the weather was just as good so it was a positive experience :)

I hope Issa moves on from Nathan - she doesn't need the extra baggage right now and while everyone's going to have some baggage, his isn't worth fighting for at the moment while she's still trying to put her own life together. I'd be fine with Issa being single for a season after the breakup, hotation, etc. Also ironic that Lawrence half-assed his 5 year relationship but then expects a new relationship to work just as quickly as if he doesn't have any baggage himself - just admit you don't have any faith in relationships right now!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Yup, I agree with you.  My point isn't that his sexuality is in question based on one experience, it's that he's not a decent prospect to Molly because she would always question it.   In other words whatever that one off makes him or doesn't make him is interpreted by whom he's seeing and how concretely they define sexual orientation.   On FB I keep coming across comments like well then her experience that one time in college makes her gay too?  right?  RIGHT?  a) we're not doing the interpreting, Molly is.   b)  whether or not it's a double standard is completely besides the point because she isn't questioning her own orientation, she's questioning his.    And for Molly, Jared is a man who may have fluid ideas about attraction.   Uncertainty of a partner's orientation is a dealbreaker for Molly.   That's her prerogative.  As it is his.   The only difference between them is Jared's views aren't hardline categorically black and white enough to mess with his sense of surety.  

I wanna agree with Issa's (and your :D) assessment that she throws dudes away, but let's Zapruder it for a sec:  Pastor body - she didn't want to see him with his shirt off (this is kinda crucial.  She's what? just shy of 30? if you're dating age compatible men at 30, you shouldn't have to compromise about them looking 19 months pregnant.   Shit, I'm pissed that I have to but I'm 50 lol).  Sterling K. Brown's character was, in fact perfect for her.  On paper.    Face to face they had no feels and together, they had no chemistry.   This one was obvi complicated by Dro showing up where Sterling was auditioning as Mr. Perfect.   One sided adoration, aside from being unfair, just isn't sustainable in the type of long term relationship she wants.   She found no fault with Jidenna's character, they did have chemistry, but she was accelerating a relationship they didn't have yet and the thirst turned him off.    So far, Andrew is the only man with whom she's had even viable potential.   I think/hope we're watching her realize that before it's too late. 

• Love 6

At the risk of sounding really dumb, I'm not sure what Nanceford refers to. I assume it's Nathan, but am not sure where the Nanceford comes in. Is that his last name? I figured it can't hurt to ask if you don't know something. :) Thanks.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Arcey said:

At the risk of sounding really dumb, I'm not sure what Nanceford refers to. I assume it's Nathan, but am not sure where the Nanceford comes in. Is that his last name? I figured it can't hurt to ask if you don't know something. :) Thanks.

When Issa ran into him at the taco stand, she knew he'd been her Lyft passenger but didn't remember his name. She threw out all kinds of N name guesses, including Nanceford. That is my favorite, so that's what I'm sticking with. :)

• Love 7

Thank you! I totally didn't remember that. I barely remember my own name lately, so I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself. And congrats to you for posting with that name and making it stick on this forum. Good job! :)

• Love 1

Am I the only one who doesn't think what Molly did at work is that bad? It would have been better to discuss the issue with her co-worker directly but I honestly don't think that would have helped. He's passive aggressive and micromanaging, and it's better to ask forgiveness than permission. That's the way it is for me as a developer, anyway. And her co-workers aren't going to hate her, they'll move on in a few days and stop thinking about it.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, babyPhat279 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think what Molly did at work is that bad? It would have been better to discuss the issue with her co-worker directly but I honestly don't think that would have helped. He's passive aggressive and micromanaging, and it's better to ask forgiveness than permission. That's the way it is for me as a developer, anyway. And her co-workers aren't going to hate her, they'll move on in a few days and stop thinking about it.

Nope; I'm with you.  They didn't seem to really warm up to her so any excuse to shun her seemed to be the reasoning behind their behavior.

I do think she was wrong for sending Nathan away and she knew she was wrong that is why she waited so long to tell Issa.

• Love 4
On 10/1/2018 at 3:23 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:
On 10/1/2018 at 3:18 PM, Sheenieb said:

I'm annoyed that Issa is just now starting to apply for jobs, but anytime she makes a step in the right direction, I'll golf clap

HEEE!!!   Does it look like: 

giphy.gif

or

tenor.gif?itemid=3567031

Hahaha. Depending on my mood, it's mostly the first one, but when she isn't on some bullshit, which is rare, I'll give her the Rihanna wink. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, babyPhat279 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think what Molly did at work is that bad? It would have been better to discuss the issue with her co-worker directly but I honestly don't think that would have helped. He's passive aggressive and micromanaging, and it's better to ask forgiveness than permission.

No, she let him think she would cover for him and then taking advantage of his lack of availability to cut him out of the presentation. It was not cool, and to view her act of sabotage as a triumph of feminism as Molly did was some bullshit, since a man who did the same thing would catch just as much hell for undercutting his colleague. Or, as the Vulture recap for this episode put it:

Molly took full credit for an assignment which had been a shared effort. She instead spins her bogarting the presentation into some sort of Girlboss feminist endeavor, highlighting that a man in her position would have been called enterprising and bold, not pushy. But if a man had done what she did, he’d be an asshole, just as Molly is right now.

...which is more or less what I said upthread. But I digress.

Leaving aside the rightness or wrongness of what Molly did, it was incredibly shortsighted and stupid. She works on a team, meaning that she needs other people on that team to find her worthy of respect and trust in order to be able to contribute, and she proved that she fell short on both counts with her presentation stunt. She achieved a short-term gain--impressing the partners for the moment (a single presentation is not going to put her on the partner track)--at the cost of a long-term good working relationship with not only Taurean but also all the other associates to whom he no doubt related the story of how she screwed him over, and who have also heard how she blew off the female associates who wanted to work with her. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Also, if all she cares about is what the partners think, the partners will be very interested to know why it is that the associates hate her and have no interest in working with her. It's not just about doing good work, or rather, getting along with her coworkers is part of the work. It doesn't matter how brilliant an associate you are if everyone thinks you're a backstabbing asshole. Associates are very expendable, especially new hires like Molly. Easy come, easy go.

Lastly, unless Molly is infinitely perfect, infinitely available, infinitely experienced, and infinitely knowledgeable, there will come a time when she needs help from her coworkers, whether it's insight on an issue they've worked on before, covering for her when she's stuck at court, helping her wrangle a difficult client, or what have you. Are they going to bend over backwards to help her knowing she wouldn't extend them the same courtesy? Nope.

This isn't even office politics or job advice, it's Basic Human Interaction 101: don't fuck people over and expect them to consider you trustworthy or worthy of their time.

And her co-workers aren't going to hate her, they'll move on in a few days and stop thinking about it.

It's been quite some time since Molly blew off her female coworkers, and they obviously aren't over it, so I'm not sure why you think they're the type to forgive and forget. And frankly, if someone does something very untrustworthy and shady, other people are entitled to form opinions that that person is bad news and act accordingly.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 16
On 10/2/2018 at 12:31 PM, Boofish said:

They f'ed her as well; so are they animals? Do they deserve to be ghosted by every woman they f on a first date?

I guess I'm an animal because I gave it up to the man who is about to be my husband in less than 30 days on our first date *shrugs* To each their own.

I dont mean no disrespect, and that is great for you. But they had sex out in public on that ferris wheel. That's why I compared her (and I did mean to include him as well) to animals, since they do it out in the open too. I honestly didn't think that Nathan wanted something serious with Issa at all, and I definitely dont think she should want anything to do with him either after he ignored her for all that time. But i think she needs to open her eyes and take some of these experiences as lessons on what not to do for the next time. Just my $0.02. 

I haven't really watched every single episode of this show, but whe. i do i always see Issa literally trying to jump some random guys bones, like shes in heat or something ( the neighbor, the guy on tinder, etc)

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Friendly PSA: comparing a black person’s behavior to that of an “animal” has a deep rooted, derogatory racial context here in these United States of America. 

Issa is not in heat, like a female dog. She is a complex, intelligent black woman who at the worst is horrible at her “hoe-tation” aspirations, at best, a 30 year old single woman trying to figure out herself, life, sex, and self-love; a universal human experience. 

PS: Lena Dunham WISHES she could be on Issa’s level. As a human being, writer, and actress. 

I apologize if I offended anyone, because clearly that wasnt my point at all. Just to put it out there. The observations I made were on her as a human, and not as a black woman. 

P.S. why all the Lena Dunham hate ? She is successful in her own right. We dont k ow her personally. I dislike her character on Girls, same like I do Issa, but she as a writer/director/actress she has done well. 

Edited by Lily247
10 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I dont mean no disrespect, and that is great for you. But they had sex out in public on that ferris wheel. That's why I compared her (and I did mean to include him as well) to animals, since they do it out in the open too. I honestly didn't think that Nathan wanted something serious with Issa at all, and I definitely dont think she should want anything to do with him either after he ignored her for all that time. But i think she needs to open her eyes and take some of these experiences as lessons on what not to do for the next time. Just my $0.02. 

I haven't really watched every single episode of this show, but whe. i do i always see Issa literally trying to jump some random guys bones, like shes in heat or something ( the neighbor, the guy on tinder, etc)

Lilly tell the truth are you the girlfriend in your squad who gets chloroformed for her own good from time to time?  Lemme Stephanopolous you to the side for a sec.  Girl? This is not better.  Animals as a sexual analogy connote creatures who cannot control themselves.   

About the show, there's some context missing.  It sounds like you caught the episodes after Issa and Lawrence broke up.   She decides she's going to engage in something she calls a hoe-tation.  Casual, sometimes physical, encounters that she was using in a deliberate attempt to improve dating skills that lapsed while she was with Lawrence.  Newly single again, she wanted to get back in the game.  And try her hand at being emotionally detached because, as a bonus, that talent was going to help her hurry past the pain of the break up.   It's weird because it sounds like you may have caught these episodes (b/c you've seen her with neighbor bae and tinder bae), but if so, the top of those episodes included the explanation of her intentional behavior departure.   Episodes after that go into why it's important for her to try - when witnesses Lawrence's ability to move on it spurns her to force herself to do the same.   Long story short, she's terrible at her hoetation because being emotionally/physically casual, it turns out, isn't her thing (watch the episode called Hella Blows).    Not to speak for anybody else but I think the reaction to your comments were visceral because Issa/Prentiss (show's executive producers) have done such a thorough job on character development for this show that we know ho'in ain't easy and it's definitely not her default.   

On 10/2/2018 at 12:34 AM, Lily247 said:

And has no idea how to behave like a lady... I mean, she f*cks a guy she just met on a ferris wheel, then wonders why he ghosts her ?? Why is she f*cking every man.so quickly, 

Eye of the beholder but  I would say go back and watch the first 2 seasons undistracted.  Laurel Thatcher Ulrich said well behaved women rarely make history.  It kinda tracks.   The thing that allows her to genuinely let her guard down with Nathan/Nanceford is he's the first guy since Lawrence that she was comfortable enough to be herself with and who seems like he understands her.   Now if I'm totally honest, I'll admit that my reaction was disappointment as well but for an entirely different reason.   I was bracing for the potential consequence of her finally and cautiously being vulnerable with a man whose emotional investment she can't predict yet.   Physically?  No problems had with that scene.  It was the hotness.  But consequentially I didn't see him ghosting but I did think this dude is mysterious enough that Issa's gonna wind up hurt.    They were both having sex, but Issa initiating in public could also be seen as how emotionally uninhibited and safe she felt with him in a way she didn't and wasn't with Lawrence.   A word here in case your memory brings up Daniel - he wasn't random, they've known each other for 10 years and kept ping ponging about who/when each wanted a relationship with the other.  

Ok if you come back say some more words about this part here.   Did you see this episode?  Because if so, we know them having sex isn't why he ghosted her.  Sheiiit, ole dirty bastard in me wants to say true tea, that's the reason his punk ass came back.    

17 hours ago, Eyes High said:

No, she let him think she would cover for him and then taking advantage of his lack of availability to cut him out of the presentation. It was not cool, and to view her act of sabotage as a triumph of feminism as Molly did was some bullshit, since a man who did the same thing would catch just as much hell for undercutting his colleague. Or, as the Vulture recap for this episode put it:

...which is more or less what I said upthread. But I digress.

Leaving aside the rightness or wrongness of what Molly did, it was incredibly shortsighted and stupid. She works on a team, meaning that she needs other people on that team to find her worthy of respect and trust in order to be able to contribute, and she proved that she fell short on both counts with her presentation stunt. She achieved a short-term gain--impressing the partners for the moment (a single presentation is not going to put her on the partner track)--at the cost of a long-term good working relationship with not only Taurean but also all the other associates to whom he no doubt related the story of how she screwed him over, and who have also heard how she blew off the female associates who wanted to work with her. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Also, if all she cares about is what the partners think, the partners will be very interested to know why it is that the associates hate her and have no interest in working with her. It's not just about doing good work, or rather, getting along with her coworkers is part of the work. It doesn't matter how brilliant an associate you are if everyone thinks you're a backstabbing asshole. Associates are very expendable, especially new hires like Molly. Easy come, easy go.

Lastly, unless Molly is infinitely perfect, infinitely available, infinitely experienced, and infinitely knowledgeable, there will come a time when she needs help from her coworkers, whether it's insight on an issue they've worked on before, covering for her when she's stuck at court, helping her wrangle a difficult client, or what have you. Are they going to bend over backwards to help her knowing she wouldn't extend them the same courtesy? Nope.

This isn't even office politics or job advice, it's Basic Human Interaction 101: don't fuck people over and expect them to consider you trustworthy or worthy of their time.

It's been quite some time since Molly blew off her female coworkers, and they obviously aren't over it, so I'm not sure why you think they're the type to forgive and forget. And frankly, if someone does something very untrustworthy and shady, other people are entitled to form opinions that that person is bad news and act accordingly.

All these words.

tumblr_n2e3t9ZCTL1qim5c4o1_500.gif

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lilly tell the truth are you the girlfriend in your squad who gets chloroformed for her own good from time to time?  Lemme Stephanopolous you to the side for a sec.  Girl? This is not better.  Animals as a sexual analogy connote creatures who cannot control themselves.   

About the show, there's some context missing.  It sounds like you caught the episodes after Issa and Lawrence broke up.   She decides she's going to engage in something she calls a hoe-tation.  Casual, sometimes physical, encounters that she was using in a deliberate attempt to improve dating skills that lapsed while she was with Lawrence.  Newly single again, she wanted to get back in the game.  And try her hand at being emotionally detached because, as a bonus, that talent was going to help her hurry past the pain of the break up.   It's weird because it sounds like you may have caught these episodes (b/c you've seen her with neighbor bae and tinder bae), but if so, the top of those episodes included the explanation of her intentional behavior departure.   Episodes after that go into why it's important for her to try - when witnesses Lawrence's ability to move on it spurns her to force herself to do the same.   Long story short, she's terrible at her hoetation because being emotionally/physically casual, it turns out, isn't her thing (watch the episode called Hella Blows).    Not to speak for anybody else but I think the reaction to your comments were visceral because Issa/Prentiss (show's executive producers) have done such a thorough job on character development for this show that we know ho'in ain't easy and it's definitely not her default.   

Eye of the beholder but  I would say go back and watch the first 2 seasons undistracted.  Laurel Thatcher Ulrich said well behaved women rarely make history.  It kinda tracks.   The thing that allows her to genuinely let her guard down with Nathan/Nanceford is he's the first guy since Lawrence that she was comfortable enough to be herself with and who seems like he understands her.   Now if I'm totally honest, I'll admit that my reaction was disappointment as well but for an entirely different reason.   I was bracing for the potential consequence of her finally and cautiously being vulnerable with a man whose emotional investment she can't predict yet.   Physically?  No problems had with that scene.  It was the hotness.  But consequentially I didn't see him ghosting but I did think this dude is mysterious enough that Issa's gonna wind up hurt.    They were both having sex, but Issa initiating in public could also be seen as how emotionally uninhibited and safe she felt with him in a way she didn't and wasn't with Lawrence.   A word here in case your memory brings up Daniel - he wasn't random, they've known each other for 10 years and kept ping ponging about who/when each wanted a relationship with the other.  

Ok if you come back say some more words about this part here.   Did you see this episode?  Because if so, we know them having sex isn't why he ghosted her.  Sheiiit, ole dirty bastard in me wants to say true tea, that's the reason his punk ass came back.    

All these words.

tumblr_n2e3t9ZCTL1qim5c4o1_500.gif

Thanks for explaining! I had actually just binge watched 3 seasons while doing chores around the house and didnt really pay much attention to  the storylines. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Lastly, unless Molly is infinitely perfect, infinitely available, infinitely experienced, and infinitely knowledgeable, there will come a time when she needs help from her coworkers, whether it's insight on an issue they've worked on before, covering for her when she's stuck at court, helping her wrangle a difficult client, or what have you. Are they going to bend over backwards to help her knowing she wouldn't extend them the same courtesy? Nope.

100%. And making partner requires leadership skills and a network. It's not all about billable hours. Partnerships have to be approved. Partners need relationships - firms need relationships in order to function. Molly has none at her firm right now. She's the lead on a big case and it seems like the workload there will be pretty heavy, and she has no one besides her assistant to help her. 

4 hours ago, Lily247 said:

P.S. why all the Lena Dunham hate ? She is successful in her own right. We dont k ow her personally. I dislike her character on Girls, same like I do Issa, but she as a writer/director/actress she has done well. 

She's gotten caught out there saying racist stuff many times. She also publicly accused Aurora Perrineau, who alleges (police report filed, polygraph passed) that she was raped by a writer for Girls when she was 17 and he was 35, of lying about it AFTER saying on social media that women don't lie about rape, we should believe rape survivors, etc. 

• Love 6

Molly sucks at office politics but I don’t think what she did was that bad either. It’s not that she didn’t give Taureen credit; all the partners knew it was a joint effort. She did the presentation by herself because Taureen had a conflict. All of the presentation could have been avoided if Taureen has let the partners know, in addition to Molly, about the conflict and the presentation could have probably been pushed back. Instead he tells only Molly and quite frankly kind of put her in a bad spot - becaise the partners are then coming to her asking where Taureen is. And that’s why every college student hates group projects. 

Taureen was being real petty with the aggressive Molly comments and then dropping off the case. He should man up and address the issue and move on. He could have easily pulled aside and let her know that he didn’t appreciate her doing the presentation on her own after she gave him the impression that she’d let the partners know and they’d wait to do it together - and tell her not to let it happen. He sucks at office politics too. 

• Love 8