Type keyword(s) to search

S44.E01: Adam Driver / Kanye West

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, backformore said:

Yeah, I heard he was dropping the "Kan"  and calling himself "Ye"

Is he pronouncing it like "yay"? As though everyone is excited and happy just to see him?

I thought Vermont was sort of funny, and I loved the first half of Update. Didn't really like anything else this week.

Excited for Akwafina. She will do anything. That is usually a good quality in a host. Also, I just like her.

• Love 2

"LOOK AT ME BOY!!"

"Career Day" was the best sketch of the night for me. Adam Driver's commitment to playing Pete Davidson's decrepit old oil baron father was fantastic.

I also continue to love the films looking "behind the scenes" at SNL starring Kyle Mooney. Him getting jealous at the attention Pete has been getting and getting his own celebrity girlfriend(Wendy Williams!) was hilarious.

Liked Matt Damon as Kavanaugh.

Couldn't help thinking of Justin Timberlake's "Bring it on down to Waterville" sketch seeing Kanye's first performance.

• Love 9

Wow, switched over to reruns of Elementary and missed the whole Kanye MAGA disaster. Guy continues in a downward spiral. I never thought I'd ever say this, but "Run, Kim, run!"

Edited by Ms Lark
spelin'
  • Love 8

My closed captioning couldn’t keep up with all the off color words in Kanye’s first song and like everyone else I thought it was a sketch. ( I think Kanye lacks the self deprecating humor of Justin Timberlake, so he would never be able to carry it off). His last song was off key. I’m not a fan and don’t follow him at all but if this is an example of his music, I’m shocked that he’s so successful. But what do I know ?

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Peace 47 said:

I hope Daryl Hammond is doing okay.  This isn’t the first time he’s messed up names, including the huge John Mulaney flub just a few episodes ago (someone he knows and worked with).  It’s not a lot of work:  he should get it right, and it makes me wonder what’s going on with him.

Darrell Hammond needs to be replaced as the SNL announcer -- his unenthusiastic, apathetic, chronically mistake-filled contribution sounds like he's phoning it in because he owes Lorne money or something.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, vb68 said:

Kyle's film was fantastic. But hey, where was Leslie? I guess she didn't fit with Wendy Williams in there, but I wish she would had been there asking him to come home for consistency's sake. Oh and at least on the show, Pete is a really big deal now guys. Like, BIG DEAL.

I think in one of the talking heads setups you can see a framed picture behind Kyle in which he has cut Leslie out of a photo of the two of them, suggesting that the two have broken up.

Edited by Dev F
Fixed incoherent mispost
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, DuckyinKy said:

He really really is, I mean the first two performances were disasters, so they thought they would give him a third? Why do people say he is a genius, it is like the age old story of the emperor with no clothes. 

I think that's why they let Kanye  do a 3rd. They will have material for years. I am sure he acted like a total diva the week leading up to the performance, and gave the show endless grief. 

And the show was like "You think you are a musical genius?  Let's show the Emperor with no clothes." 

I haven't seen the episode. But the descriptions of the song for bottle recycling had me howling with laughter. 

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

I think that's why they let him do a 3rd. They will have material for years. I am sure he acted like a total diva the week leading up to the performance, and gave the show endless grief. 

And the show was like "You think you are a musical genius?  Let's show the Emperor with no clothes." 

I haven't seen the episode. But the descriptions of the song for bottle recycling had me howling with laughter. 

It really was like a song for recycling!  And Kanye kept flapping his arms around like an excited child in a Halloween costume.

• Love 5

I liked the new opening credits. They were similar to what we might have gotten in the late '80s or the early '90s, and I always encourage anything close to that era of the show. Heidi Gardner's shot even reminded me a bit of one that would have suited Jan Hooks (boy I miss her). 

Anyway, Kate McKinnon is very funny and very talented, but all I saw with her Lindsey Graham was some very difficult makeup and a lot of effort on her part to grind out an impression. This whole idea that it needs to be a "thing" for McKinnon to impersonate various political figures - I just don't get why this needs to be an absolute. When I can see a comedian struggling and struggling with the material, then I'm not laughing.

• Love 20

I haven't watched SNL in a few years but I tuned in last night because I like Adam Driver.  I thought Matt Damon killed it as Kavanaugh.  Hilarious.

Unfortunately, Kate McKinnon's Lindsey Graham impression was cringeworthy, and then when she was RBG I said "enough!" and changed the channel and forgot to even change back.  They're doing the same thing with her that they did with Kristen Wiig--ramming her down our throats with much to much screen time that should go to the other actors.  It's gotten to the point that I cannot stand to see her on my tv screen.  So I suspect this is the way it's going to be for the rest of the season, week after week of mostly her doing impressions, so I'm done watching already.   

• Love 13

I had to start recording the show at the last minute when I saw Ohio State hadn't lost and had to turn the game back on to watch Penn State blow their last possession and Ohio State win and then watched a bit of the interviews, so I watched the show off the DVR. At the end, before the thank you's, it was froze on a picture of Adam for the longest time and then he only got like 12 seconds to thank the cast. Was that the same for everyone? Then it suddenly launched into Kanye's 3rd song, which surprised and confused me. He's a mess and I'm honestly feeling bad for Kim. She has to know this shit is real and really, what is she going to do about it? I can only hope the kids don't have to see his crazy rants. 

I have to say, the Kyle movie never fails to amuse me. They aren't super funny, but I'm invested in them now. And he looked good as Pete, who looks horrible and I can't imagine what role he's playing in the movie he's filming that requires the hair. I did like the running Pete and Arianna jokes, cuz, yeah, who the hell would have figured that one? Career day was the sketch of the night though. Adam was so on during it and poor Pete trying to hide behind a notebook cracked me up. I fast forwarded thru the opening credits, is there just one new cast member? 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Adam was so on during it and poor Pete trying to hide behind a notebook cracked me up

Pete reminded me of David Spade trying to cover his laughter in the first Matt Foley sketch.

• Love 5

The Cosby bit was great. Yeah...The COSBY Show was about Cliff Huxtable. I always thought that was weird.

That got the 2nd biggest laugh of the night from me. Would have been first, but there was no denying Old Oil Baron Adam Driver.

I think I found it funny because it had never once occurred to me that it was called The Cosby Show but was about a man named Heathcliff Huxtable. 

But then I realized if you gave it just a moment's thought, you realize it is not unique or even unusual. Plenty of shows have done that:

Dick Van Dyke played Rob Petrie on the Dick Van Dyke Show

Mary Tyler Moore played Mary Richards on The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Bob Newhart did it twice, first as Bob Hartley on The Bob Newhart Show and then as Dick Louden on Newhart.

In fact Cosby did it 3 times: He played Chet Kincaid on The Bill Cosby Show in the 70's, and Hilton Lucas on Cosby in the 90's.

Still, it was a good joke, one that Che really sold. 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 18
10 hours ago, DuckyinKy said:

He really really is, I mean the first two performances were disasters, so they thought they would give him a third? Why do people say he is a genius, it is like the age old story of the emperor with no clothes. 

2 hours ago, Macbeth said:

I think that's why they let Kanye  do a 3rd. They will have material for years. I am sure he acted like a total diva the week leading up to the performance, and gave the show endless grief.

I think you're giving Lorne and the show way too much credit. My guess is that it is some combination of his having reached "friend of the show" status, the trade off for him coming in as a big name fill in for the premiere, and Lorne's pursuit of buzz at all cost. It's playing the percentages - if you put Kanye West on television enough he's going to do something outrageous to get attention and you will get some too and collect the revenue from the clicks. It wouldn't be the first time that they put aside their supposed values and creative standards and put a MAGA hat wearing a-hole on their stage in a desperate bid for attention at any cost after all...

• Love 16

The alyssa Milano cardboard cutout was hilarious!

Also I agree with PP that Pete Davidson seems so unstable and uncomfortable with his life that I think he thinks Ariana will make it all better but will only make it worse in time if it isn’t already. No way will this turn out to be the saving grace for him. I think he’s funny in a sad clown kind of way. 

• Love 15

I enjoyed this episode. I don't have a sketch by sketch rundown though. I will say that I take back everything bad I thought about Adam Driver because good lord was he great. Anyways just some points. 

• Maybe I'm giving too much credit here but do you think that Kyle Mooney's name was skipped over in the opening as a tie-in to the Kyle short about how he feels like he's forgotten? Pretty genius if so. 
  • I need more of Mr. Parnassus. Good lord was that hilarious. Feels a little like a Mikey Day creation as he does love those oddball characters. Just everything about the sketch worked for me. 
  • Kanye got 3 songs because of his "Friend of the Show" status though they certainly cut him off before everybody else got back on stage. Man, Adam Driver was robbed of his final Goodnights and one final sketch
  • Kanye is pretty much like one of those edgelord trolls who likes to go against the grain of everyone else to make himself look smarter and more woker than thou (I know supporting Trump and wokeness should be oxymoronic but you'd be surprised at how some people think) and it's hard to take him seriously. His performances were like a fever dream brought to life. 
  • I honestly thought that the college frat party sketch was going to be a twist of which Beck's character was actually Kavanaugh. Also the random "Murdered by Andrew Cunanan" was a weird line to add near the end.
  • I kind of like the weird video game character to real life people thing. They've done it before and it weirdly works each time. And I liked the little detail with the controller though as a gamer myself (though I stick to mostly Nintendo), it did frustrate me on that level of things.

Next week should be interesting. I only know a little about Awkwafina though its weird that she's the first Asian woman to ever host. Then again, SNL is a reflection of the times so it's not sadly not surprising when you think of it that way. But I'm glad to see that they're making strides. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

It really was like a song for recycling!  And Kanye kept flapping his arms around like an excited child in a Halloween costume.

It was everything. It reminded me of ballet recitals as a child. They dress you up in ridiculous costumes (I was a bumblebee and my sister was a piglet) and they have video evidence of you looking like a fool. 

Kanye had the same smile on his face dancing away and the woman in the video behind him is just shaking her head "No."

On another note. I was really not happy with Davidson's joke about changing Ariana's birth control with tic tacs. A reminder that while SNL was lampooning the Frat boy culture this episode, it has basically celebrated this culture for many a decade. 

• Love 18

Does it concern anyone else that Ariana had to cancel on the show because of emotional reasons? I know she is going through something with the death of her ex, not sure what else is happening. But it's a major flag to me that she is newly engaged and is struggling so hard that she had to cancel a major TV appearance--on her fiance's show. I am really surprised the show didn't back down on the jokes about Pete and Ariana.

Matt Damon was good but I am really not a fan of the special guest celebrities. Beck would have been a brilliant Kavanagh. Alex could have done it. I was half hoping they'd bring Bobby back. 

Aidy gave a gem of a performance as Rachel Mitchel. 

• Love 7

I’m still shaking my damn head at the bottle outfits. I can’t even. The second song amused me because the girl with him missed her lip syncing start and I kept watching how much her mouth moved differently to the words. So that’s something I guess. Lol

the Mr Ronan Sinatra line made me bust out laughing. And the Alisa Milano cut out too. 

I always enjoy the Kyle movies even if they aren’t hilarious. 

After Petes appearance on update, I said well someone should have edited that bit. A lot of it was cringy. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, lovinbob said:

Does it concern anyone else that Ariana had to cancel on the show because of emotional reasons? I know she is going through something with the death of her ex, not sure what else is happening. But it's a major flag to me that she is newly engaged and is struggling so hard that she had to cancel a major TV appearance--on her fiance's show. I am really surprised the show didn't back down on the jokes about Pete and Ariana.

Nope. But I don't follow Ms. Grande. Plus, I bet it's not that serious; that's just the reason she (or her people) gave if they needed to give one. I'm sure other artists have bailed for all sorts of things, but it just didn't get publicized. I don't see it as a big deal. Cancellations happen.

41 minutes ago, Bees said:

Maybe I'm giving too much credit here but do you think that Kyle Mooney's name was skipped over in the opening as a tie-in to the Kyle short about how he feels like he's forgotten? Pretty genius if so. 

I think you're right.

1 hour ago, mtlchick said:

The more I see of Pete Davidson, the more I think he's headed for a serious burn out or worse.  

I worry about him.  He just doesn't seem right at all.

• Love 8

Although it felt like a normal-sized sketch, the opening Kavanaugh sketch was 12 minutes and 54 seconds.  Have other SNL sketches run that long?

In the real-life hearing, Senator Klobucher said her father was an alcoholic, then asked Kavanaugh whether he ever blacked out from drinking.  Kavanaugh’s real-life reply was the same as on the show: “I don’t know, do you?”  I was surprised that they took out the part about her father on the sketch.

When Adam Driver stabs the bird in the oil baron sketch, both Pete and Aidy break character. Pete had been doing so the whole time, but not Aidy.  I wonder if he did something different, or Aidy just couldn’t hold it back anymore.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, lovinbob said:

Does it concern anyone else that Ariana had to cancel on the show because of emotional reasons? I know she is going through something with the death of her ex, not sure what else is happening.

I read that “fans” of Mac Miller have been brutal to her online, saying he wouldn’t have died if she would have stayed with him (because it’s always a woman’s fault, don’t ya know).  I wouldn’t even be surprised if she was advised to lay low due to the viciousness of the attacks.

• Love 11

Before I forget to ask: has it been established as to what has been the longest sketch in SNL history? I'm thinking the Bush/Clinton/Perot debate, but the cold open here probably came close. Does the former get a higher degree of difficulty because the actors had to interact with tape of Dana-as-Perot?

Also, I'm hoping Pete will be okay. I don't think he and Ariana will last, but that's more about relationships in the pop culture zeitgeist than possible self-destruction.

• Love 9

As others have said, it's hard to parody reality when reality is so crazy. Matt Damon pretty much channeled Kavanaugh exactly. Aidy was outstanding as “you can just call me prosecutor” Rachel Mitchell, too. And shout out to the unknown woman in the background who played Kavanaugh's wife, who got her facial expression perfectly

Michael Che was on fire in Weekend Update:

• I'm sending my kids to a black school where it's safe.
  • It would be like letting all white cops patrol black neighborhoods.
  • Can't they just pick someone else from their Illuminati lizard meeting?

Adam Driver has serious. Acting. Chops. From the Fortnite Dad to the Mortdecai's father at Career Day, he was spot on. That latter skit, I would not have been able to keep a straight face if I were playing a kid in that classroom—I don't blame Pete one iota for breaking.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

This whole idea that it needs to be a "thing" for McKinnon to impersonate various political figures - I just don't get why this needs to be an absolute. When I can see a comedian struggling and struggling with the material, then I'm not laughing.

I certainly get what you mean. But reports are that Trump gets *so* angry when SNL women portray "his" people, that I'm up for SNL running that trope right into the ground. 

4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Unfortunately, Kate McKinnon's Lindsey Graham impression was cringeworthy, and then when she was RBG I said "enough!" and changed the channel and forgot to even change back. 

I really like Kate and her RBG, but that went on *way* too long. 

1 hour ago, mikem said:

When Adam Driver stabs the bird in the oil baron sketch, both Pete and Aidy break character. Pete had been doing so the whole time, but not Aidy.  I wonder if he did something different, or Aidy just couldn’t hold it back anymore.

I was wondering if they only had one bird prop and maybe that was the first time they'd seen it. I had to rewind just to watch their expressions again. 

• Love 10

I hope Daryl Hammond is doing okay.  This isn’t the first time he’s messed up names, including the huge John Mulaney flub just a few episodes ago (someone he knows and worked with).  It’s not a lot of work:  he should get it right, and it makes me wonder what’s going on with him.

After the "Kyle is jealous of Pete" sketch I thought that maybe Daryl missing his name in the credits was part of the joke because the sketch starts with Kyle saying that he feels like he's become invisible.

I thought the show was okay.  In general I think Adam Driver is actually really funny (although not necessarily in a way that translates to sketch comedy), but only a couple of the sketches tonight played to his comedic strengths.  The oil baron sketch killed me, though.  Instant classic.

As for Kanye... can we just be done with Kanye?  I watched the second performance, but I only made it about 30 seconds into the first one before I had to change the channel and turned the show off when he started his third.

I've read a few reviews of the show this morning and I'm surprised that no one is making more of Pete's joke about switching out Arianna Grande's birth control.  That's a pretty messed up joke to make in the current climate, but I guess everyone is too busy talking about Kanye.

Edited by Steph J
  • Love 9

Good show.  Not a fan of Kanye nor am I familiar with the host but I enjoyed most of the sketches.  

But  Kanye....well.  I have no words for the first one.  I thought the lip syncing was bad on the second,  and is it ok now for a woman to wear a see through top on this show?  I guess it is, obviously.  But I was watching, thinking, ' am I really seeing this?'. I don't really care...just surprised.  

Loved the cut out of Alyssa Milano.  And Weekend Update  is always my favorite part of the show.  

Edited by mishap
  • Love 8

Matt Damon is garbage but I can't pretend his Kavanaugh wasn't brilliant. The whole sketch was firing on all cylinders. One line that I thought was great that got lost in the kerfuffle was Mikey (forget which senator he was playing) being confused about what to call Mitchell and landing on "stewardess."

The Alyssa Milano cut-out was also a great bit. To paraphrase somebody from Twitter, my girl Phoebe casting spells.

Love the new opening credits.

The show started out strong but I thought took a real nosedive in that coffee sketch. Doing a repeat sketch on the first episode of a new season before you even reach update? Bad sign. Also, it was probably the most egregious example of product placement on the show yet, to the point that I was embarrassed for everybody involved. I'd honestly be fine with more actual commercials if I never had to sit through one of these 30 Rock-parody level shills again.

I am confounded by the frat party sketch. In any other political climate it would at best be mildly amusing and at worst instantly forgettable, but in the context of the Kavanaugh hearings...what were they trying to say, exactly? That the shit you get up to in high school and college should have no bearing on your adult professional life? Like sure, a doctor probably shouldn't lose his license because he went to a kegger in college, but what Kavanaugh is accused of doing is so much worse and the way he has dealt with it has demonstrated to a huge portion of the country that he is not fit for one of the most influential positions in American politics. I want to call the sketch tone-dead, except I don't even know what tone they were going for.

The woman heard gasping "oh my God" at that horrific birth control joke Pete told was actually me in my apartment thirty blocks away.

Kanye West can fuck off forever.

5 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Kanye's rant via TMZ. 

This is...sad. Every moment he paused clearly expecting rapturous applause made me want to die.

3 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

That explains this tweet from Chris Redd

I saw this tweet this morning before I had heard about the rant. Not sure how it was for everybody else, but the New York affiliate cut the show off when Kanye was inviting everybody back on stage. I was curious to see who would actually go back up but then a commercial for Manifest came on and it was over.

Looking at the video from TMZ, I saw Ego, Alex, Kate, Heidi, and Colin. I'm really disappointed in all of them. It appears that most of the cast did not rejoin him on stage so it's not like there were any consequences for not doing so. They did look awkward and ashamed to be there but y'all could have been halfway to the afterparty by that point if you wanted. 

1 hour ago, ahisma said:

And shout out to the unknown woman in the background who played Kavanaugh's wife, who got her facial expression perfectly

Yes, I noticed her too! I know sometimes that fill out the stage with writers (you can see people like Tina and Conan in the background of sketches when they were nobodies) and other crew members, so I wonder if she works in some other capacity on the show. She did a lot with nothing, excellent background work there.

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, Steph J said:

After the "Kyle is jealous of Pete" sketch I thought that maybe Daryl missing his name in the credits was part of the joke because the sketch starts with Kyle saying that he feels like he's become invisible.

I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Before I forget to ask: has it been established as to what has been the longest sketch in SNL history? I'm thinking the Bush/Clinton/Perot debate, but the cold open here probably came close. Does the former get a higher degree of difficulty because the actors had to interact with tape of Dana-as-Perot?

I'm sure it's a cold open. My guess is the VP debate sketch with Jason Sudeikis as Biden, Tina Fey as Palin, and Queen Latifah as Gwen Ifill.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, reggiejax said:

That got the 2nd biggest laugh of the night from me. Would have been first, but there was no denying Old Oil Baron Adam Driver.

I think I found it funny because it had never once occurred to me that it was called The Cosby Show but was about a man named Heathcliff Huxtable. 

But then I realized if you gave it just a moment's thought, you realize it is not unique or even unusual. Plenty of shows have done that:

Bob Newhart did it twice, first as Bob Hartley on The Bob Newhart Show and then as Dick Louden on Newhart.

In fact Cosby did it 3 times: He played Chet Kincaid on The Bill Cosby Show in the 70's, and Hilton Lucas on Cosby in the 90's.

It actually is still weird. Most people accept that a show with a comedian's character in the title wont share the last name of the person. The Cosby show has neither one. That's not normal for tv. Even in your example, you have multiple same first name/different last name examples. That's common.

Even in among Che's examples Everybody Loves Raymond and Roseanne follow that formula. It's the complete non use of his name at all that he's riffing on.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

Anyway, Kate McKinnon is very funny and very talented, but all I saw with her Lindsey Graham was some very difficult makeup and a lot of effort on her part to grind out an impression. This whole idea that it needs to be a "thing" for McKinnon to impersonate various political figures - I just don't get why this needs to be an absolute. When I can see a comedian struggling and struggling with the material, then I'm not laughing.

Completely agree. The makeup made her head look gigantic and, frankly, did not even make her look like Graham. I didn't find it a good impression or performance.

I wasn't thrilled with the Cold Open. It didn't have much of a point other than recreating what we all saw in the hearing. It seemed pretty lazy.

3 hours ago, lovinbob said:

Matt Damon was good but I am really not a fan of the special guest celebrities. Beck would have been a brilliant Kavanagh. Alex could have done it. I was half hoping they'd bring Bobby back. 

I thought Damon was ok, but I agree that Beck would have been fantastic. Alex too, and I think he could have looked a lot like Kavanaugh with the hair and makeup.

4 hours ago, reggiejax said:

Like you pointed out, so many shows are titled with the star's name rather than the character, and for this reason the joke didn't work for me. It didn't even seem like much of a joke, unless the whole point was that Che was focusing on something extremely trivial in the whole scheme of things re Cosby.

Two lines from WU I particularly liked were "He kept a calendar the same way the guy in Memento got tattoos," and  "Are Republicans so pro-life that they don't even have a Plan B for this?"

3 hours ago, Bees said:

• I kind of like the weird video game character to real life people thing. They've done it before and it weirdly works each time. 

I really like seeing these video game characters. I love how they have those repetitive movements, and Mikey Day was awesome. Even the second time with him walking against the wall cracked me up. That whole sketch was quite a workout for him.

26 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

I am confounded by the frat party sketch. In any other political climate it would at best be mildly amusing and at worst instantly forgettable, but in the context of the Kavanaugh hearings...what were they trying to say, exactly? That the shit you get up to in high school and college should have no bearing on your adult professional life? Like sure, a doctor probably shouldn't lose his license because he went to a kegger in college, but what Kavanaugh is accused of doing is so much worse and the way he has dealt with it has demonstrated to a huge portion of the country that he is not fit for one of the most influential positions in American politics. I want to call the sketch tone-dead, except I don't even know what tone they were going for.

Maybe I was imagining things, but I thought they were going for just the opposite -- The partiers think this is the best time of their lives, but all the shitty stuff that happens later is kind of karma for that behavior. I don't know. Now that I think about it, maybe I was just seeing what I wanted to see. I'm not interested enuf to watch it again.

I wasn't that thrilled with this show. The best part by far was Adam Driver's Abraham H. Parnassus. What a great performance.

I also liked Kyle Mooney's film. The bit with the medieval-type fight was crazy. Oh, and I liked Adam and Cecily's performances in the BK Joe sketch. They had some great lines.

Kanye. Yeesh. Maybe that should be his new name. BTW, was that his mother in the background video in the first song?

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Completely agree. The makeup made her head look gigantic and, frankly, did not even make her look like Graham. I didn't find it a good impression or performance.

It looked the same as her Mueller make up with less contouring. I wasn’t a fan, because I found her impression didn’t capture Graham’s I’m a theater kid drama queen schtick and instead landed on this “man I really need to shit” tone. But if it pisses off Trump...

1 hour ago, helenamonster said:

Looking at the video from TMZ, I saw Ego, Alex, Kate, Heidi, and Colin. I'm really disappointed in all of them.

It looked like Colin, Beck, and whoever else were on the right side of the stage made a bee line off when things really started getting weird, but everyone on the left seemed strangely into it. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Peace 47 said:

There's a theory going around that Kyle's name was deliberately forgotten to tie in to the sketch.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, TiredMe said:

I’m still shaking my damn head at the bottle outfits. I can’t even. The second song amused me because the girl with him missed her lip syncing start and I kept watching how much her mouth moved differently to the words. So that’s something I guess. Lol

She probably knew that with the outfit she was wearing at least half the audience wasn't looking at her mouth...

After Petes appearance on update, I said well someone should have edited that bit. A lot of it was cringy. 

Yeah I can see it being a hit in the room where they are trying to push things as far as they can go and show how fearless they can be, but somebody should have stepped in before it got to air and told them to dial it back a bit as they had crossed the line from brave and darkly funny into yuck territory.

• Love 6