Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Italian Night Fight

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Apparently Gina has been on WWHL recently, so some of this may already have been covered. Unfortunately I don't get that show, but googled her to find out how her divorce is coming along.  

I guess almost 6 months in, (she filed in early April) they are still working out the details. There is "a lot of paper work" according to Gina. I take it there is no "cooling off" period in California where you cannot obtain a divorce before a certain time period? They aren't selling the house as are waiting or the market to strengthen. They are still sleeping together. And, oh, joy, they have adopted a German Shepherd. Just what a single mother of three who doesn't want a dog (she was outvoted apparently) needs. Unlikely the poor dog will get proper care and attention when she already has her hands full. 

Oh, and she insists that she and Matt will always be best friends. She seems spectacularly unaware that it is quite likely that Matt will go on to find a new best friend, and maybe even have another gaggle of children with a new BFF.  And that quite likely his new best friend will unsurp his current best friend. GIna really seems to live in a bubble. 

The dog will get along fine and learn from the rest of his new pack. It will snap at her, pee and poop everywhere and not pay attention when she calls it's name or obey... just like her other kids.

• Love 17

Doso thinks it's an awful idea to bring in a dog.  Not for all of eternity, but definitely not right now. 

At least get a trainer.  And supervise the kids until their faces are 1 foot above the dog's mouth.

Kingsley dammit!  Don't let this turn into Kingsley.  Because I saw that dog after he spent time away from Kim and he was a well adjustrd, calm, confident dog.  And then 5 minutes after Kim gets him back, it was all undone.  And now he's on the run being moved from location to location.

Please let me be wrong about Gina and her ability to guide a large breed dog into a confident 4 legged family member.

• Love 16
13 hours ago, noveltylibrary said:

but COME ON it doesn't make any sense, they still have sex, are attracted to each other and are best friends..what the hell more do you want? and to break up their little kids' family?  i think something else has to be going on.. couple of morons in my book.

She always looks like that to me. the only season I ever skipped was when she came on board, so I don't know if she was ever happy or fun, all i've ever seen is a smile-less "I'm done!!" weepy whiny woman.

I don't know, maybe something else is going on. Or maybe they're just not in love anymore. I think that's a good enough reason for a divorce, personally. I wouldn't want to stay married to anyone I wasn't in love with, regardless of how good the sex is.

Either way, those women at the dinner table were out of line, they reeked of disbelief that anyone could have different experiences than they did. 

• Love 10
On 9/24/2018 at 8:53 PM, whydoievencare said:

Where was Vicki's moral compass when she and Brooks were cancer scamming?

OR cheeting on Don

OR interfering in Tamara’s marriage

OR when she wasn’t spreading rumors about Tamara’s husband

Ahhhhh so many memories

• Love 22

I think the crux of Gina's issue is that she and her husband are in a long distance marriage living separate lives and both seem to be comfortable with that and therein lies the biggest problem - they may love each other but are not in love with each other. I think Gina calling him her best friend so often is what confuses the matter to me because to insist that your husband is your best friend and you are physically attracted to him yet there's no emotional connection between the two of you doesn't seem to make much sense - unless Gina's the type of person who have a number of best friends who she relies on for different reasons. OR maybe Gina is hiding something a bit more scandalous and trying to save face with all this talk about an amicable separation. I don't blame Gina for removing herself from the table and getting emotional. She gives her opinions and the fact that she entertained the women's questions for as long as she did suggests to me that she wasn't offended by their questions or opinions but they were beating a dead horse because they didn't like the answers she was giving them. Maybe she is lying, maybe she isn't but someone with just average intellect would be able to tell that they were past the point of repetitive and should have let it go in that moment. 

Vicki is an idiot. A judgemental, close-minded idiot. To suggest that Gina's marital issues is due to her not prescribing to a specific religious faith or to suggest that it means she has no moral compass is beyond offensive. 

• Love 20
8 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

She states they have outgrown each other, they are not in love. 

I’m Team Gina all the way. Why wait until you hate each other?  Until there is infidelity?  They will do a better job coparenting. 

Because I am quite sure she got dumped and is trying to play it off like she wasn't.

• Love 10

You know, some people think dogs come trained and knowing what's expected of them.  That's why there are so many in shelters and rescues.  They are a whole lot of work.  The last thing Gina needs is a dog.  Her kids are sooo horribly behaved that throwing a dog into the mix is a recipe for disaster for the dog.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t see that at all. She continued to argue and push her points even when the other person was explaining the difference. She also talks over people.

That's cool, I'm not trying to change your opinion.  I just wanted to throw out an example of when I see her as doing this.  I'm also lazy and am forgetting the exact wording of the conversation and can't be bothered to look it up, so forgive me for that part, but, early on with the Kelly/Vicki situation, Gina pretty vocally said she thought Vicki was in the wrong for not telling Kelly that she and Steve had set up Kelly's ex (and I've also forgotten his name! LOL!)  She met up with Vicki for a walk on the beach after the event and basically said, look, this is how I feel about it, I get that you may not like it or agree with me and that's fine, I just wanted you to know where I stand and we can move past it and be friends.  I'm just that person who says how I feel about things and then moves on.  That's how I see her acting with people in most situations, she might disagree with what someone does, but, she pretty much speaks it and then goes forward to the next thing, rather than running around playing telephone with it the way Tamra and Kelly were this episode (though, I don't really blame them either).  I think if the others had said what they had to say, she might have disagreed, but then if they'd let it go, maybe she'd come back at some other point, just to that person and said, look, the other night, this hurt me when you said that specific thing, and then they'd bury it.  It wouldn't drag out into this season long "but you said this" "yeah, well, you said that" that we've seen on other shows.

She can talk over other people, I agree.  But, I do think they all do that, so I have a harder time faulting her for it.  There are some housewives who really never shut up and let another person get a word in, (Dorinda can be this way when she gets going), but, for the most part, I haven't seen her get that bad yet. 

• Love 13
On 9/24/2018 at 10:02 PM, Straycat80 said:

Shane and Kelly should just stay away from each other. I wasn’t really listening to what they were saying, I was looking at that cute dog the whole time. 

Actually, I was thinking Shane has much more chemistry with Kelly than he does with his wife!

I think they have a similar sarcastic sense of humor and could be great snark buddies.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

For all the apparent Vicki love...re-clip of video from last week to music.

Speaking of Hollaback Girls... Can you imagine Gwen Stefani (a real OC girl) on this show? 

I mean, I can’t really, but it gave me a momentary bit of amusement.

• Love 5

Gina: I cannot believe she has so little regard for the importance of Marriage when she has 3 little kids.  I think she said her not feeling anything in the Me-to-Husband way ...was the most important thing.  Well, too bad for those kids!

Kelly: Regarding her behavior at Eddie's party.....she said anything that Shane said she would have hated and jumped on him for.  But notice the problem RHOC men have - there's only 3 basically.   Eddie, Steve, Shane.  So at Eddie's party, where Eddie is going to be busy with all the other guests, the ONLY person Shane might hang around with IS Steve.  If she has a beef with Steve or anyone remotely around him, then cut Shane some slack...he had no one else to hang around.  "Our table"  ...yes.  The little table where the two 'other' male RHOC attenders are at.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

It did seem like a specific stair location that people came to to do their workout.  I think it was pretty random too.  Its just weird that you would drive your car to walk this industrial set of stairs, set between bushes with no breeze or view.  I could see going to some beauty staircase at the beach, open air and vented, but this set of stair was indeed weird.  

1000 step beach...in Laguna Beach.  Workouts?  Never heard much of that myself, but I suppose.  Course those two just walked it.

What is she supposed to do, though?  If she doesn't feel anything for her husband and/or he doesn't feel anything for her, are they just supposed to pretend for the kids?  At what point would it be ok to be honest and not pretend that everything is fine, our marriage is wonderful,  etc?  

I may come at this from kind of a weird perspective, because I'm the kid of divorced parents.  My parents divorced when I was 3, but they did NOT get along at all, for a long time prior to their divorce.  They also had many issues getting along after the divorce.  Overall, they could manage to be civil and in the same place, when they had to, afterwards, but, it wasn't always comfortable.  My mother and stepfather made a considerable effort to make things smooth and as easy as possible for the kids, as they should have.  What I can say, though, is that my parents not being married really wasn't a huge issue for me.  It simply just was part of the makeup of my family.  Just like some kids don't have any living grandparents or only have 1 aunt or uncle, or their grandparent lives with them, etc.  In my family, my parents were divorced and later, I had a stepfather and extra grandparents.  Period.  

If Gina and her husband truly are at a place where they realize they aren't working out as a couple, for whatever reason (they simply don't mesh together because they've lived apart, he's been living with another woman, who the hell knows why), but they don't really have any other animosity, then honestly, this is probably the ideal time for them to split.  They're more able to make good decisions about custody, settlements, etc, and not come from a place of spite or resentment.  They can just kind of dissolve things and walk away as co-parents who know that while it's sad, this just didn't work out the way they wanted it to.  

Conversely, if they stick it out and try to force something that just isn't there for the kids, it could devolve into a whole lot of chaos.  If the relationship is over, then trying to force it with the kids witnessing that won't go well.  Consider how much better things would have gone for Shannon's kids if she and David had just stayed split up when he left that first time?  I mean, sure, that sucked that he left the way he did, but, did any of the bullshit they pulled by putting their "troubles" and "struggle" on display for the world and their children to witness do anyone any good?  They're still divorcing, but now the kids have videotape of every single death knell.

• Love 13

Suppose Gina and hubbie stuck together, worked on things, and 4 years from now had a great marriage.  She is giving up on that possibility and the kids lose out majorly.

But of course, if she has been "replaced" and she is covering this up, then this is all moot.  All she can do is move forward.  But she needs 2 semesters of "how to parent' at LEAST!

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I'm an atheist, so all these ladies giving Gina a hard time about her beliefs can go STFU, especially Vicki. FUCK OFF Vicki. I wouldn't want to believe in your god anyway. GTFO with your "moral compass" BS. If I believed in a hell, I'd like to think that's where she's headed.

The scene bugged me and I may have yelled some profanity.  I too am an atheist and I have a stronger moral compass than Vicki without believing in any sort of religion.  I have never scammed anyone about cancer or any other topic nor have I cheated on my husband.  Yet here she is cancer schmancer con who screwed many men while married to Donn.  I can think of Brooks and the toothless Greek man at least.  My guess is she also took a ride on Signor Olive Garden from the cooking class.  These prosperity Christians can go fuck themselves.  The thought of being lectured about anything re morality by Vicki and Tamra makes me roll my eyes and I would probably laugh in their faces.  I am guessing they wouldn't like that.  I am cool with religious folks but don't lecture me, tell me I am going to hell, or pretend you are better than just because you roll into church on Sunday (or whatever day you worship).  ESPECIALLY if your name is Vicki Gunvalson or Tamra Judge.

I may be losing my mind but Shane is really growing on me.  I also had a slight bit of like for Gina re the religion discussion.  I still don't think she makes for dynamic viewing but I respected her being honest about that.  Maybe Shane would be good for something like People's Couch.  By the way, I hated Jerry O'Connell's show.  

• Love 18

I agree, it's possible that Gina and what's-his-face could work it out (seriously, I can't remember his name at the moment), but, I'm just assuming that they aren't making this sort of decision lightly because I have to imagine that it's pretty much a PITA to divorce and that divorce sucks.  I haven't been divorced, so I can't speak from that experience, so I'll go with what she's saying as far as it not being possible to fix.  It does kind of seem like he either Kelsey'd her or they kept it quiet until she got the show so she had a source of income, but, that's just a thought in the back of my mind.

I just can't with Shane.  I will never be on his side.  I feel the same about Jerry O'Connell, something about him just seems sleazy to me and I refuse to watch his show.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, smores said:

What is she supposed to do, though?  If she doesn't feel anything for her husband and/or he doesn't feel anything for her, are they just supposed to pretend for the kids?  At what point would it be ok to be honest and not pretend that everything is fine, our marriage is wonderful,  etc?  

I may come at this from kind of a weird perspective, because I'm the kid of divorced parents.  My parents divorced when I was 3, but they did NOT get along at all, for a long time prior to their divorce.  They also had many issues getting along after the divorce.  Overall, they could manage to be civil and in the same place, when they had to, afterwards, but, it wasn't always comfortable.  My mother and stepfather made a considerable effort to make things smooth and as easy as possible for the kids, as they should have.  What I can say, though, is that my parents not being married really wasn't a huge issue for me.  It simply just was part of the makeup of my family.  Just like some kids don't have any living grandparents or only have 1 aunt or uncle, or their grandparent lives with them, etc.  In my family, my parents were divorced and later, I had a stepfather and extra grandparents.  Period.  

If Gina and her husband truly are at a place where they realize they aren't working out as a couple, for whatever reason (they simply don't mesh together because they've lived apart, he's been living with another woman, who the hell knows why), but they don't really have any other animosity, then honestly, this is probably the ideal time for them to split.  They're more able to make good decisions about custody, settlements, etc, and not come from a place of spite or resentment.  They can just kind of dissolve things and walk away as co-parents who know that while it's sad, this just didn't work out the way they wanted it to.  

Conversely, if they stick it out and try to force something that just isn't there for the kids, it could devolve into a whole lot of chaos.  If the relationship is over, then trying to force it with the kids witnessing that won't go well.  Consider how much better things would have gone for Shannon's kids if she and David had just stayed split up when he left that first time?  I mean, sure, that sucked that he left the way he did, but, did any of the bullshit they pulled by putting their "troubles" and "struggle" on display for the world and their children to witness do anyone any good?  They're still divorcing, but now the kids have videotape of every single death knell.

Long term marriages have periods where you feel that way. It cycles through changes. Marriage isn't about being in love its about growing in love. Love is verb and a choice. 

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 18

Vicki’s brainwashing about religion/God and morality is common and scary these days, since the tendency to be a “follower” (of anything) by definition comes with the lack of a strong, individual, inner sense of direction/knowing/morality.

I’ve come across a lot of brainwashed people lately who get on my last nerve - I’ve started telling them they’re brainwashed so their heads explode instead of mine. lol

• Love 9
9 hours ago, rideashire said:

I don't know, maybe something else is going on. Or maybe they're just not in love anymore. I think that's a good enough reason for a divorce, personally. I wouldn't want to stay married to anyone I wasn't in love with, regardless of how good the sex is.

Either way, those women at the dinner table were out of line, they reeked of disbelief that anyone could have different experiences than they did. 

I just think it's selfish, raise your kids then decide later if you really need to have more than what you have.  It's not like it's a miserable existence.  And I'm sorry wanting sex with someone you consider your best friend is something I can only dream of!!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

They’re divorcing.. but still best friends who are sleeping together?? This divorce is making even less sense now. There’s GOT to be something nefarious that went on behind the scenes??

I, too, would like to summon Megan Edmonds PI to get to the bottom of this. JUSTICE!!! 

Oof the ship has sailed on the pretty part.

Scratch that—that ship never even came into the harbor. 

Lol she knows that too. That’s why she’s so vehemently jealous of anyone who is a trophy wife.  If she wasn’t on the outs with everyone, she would have never befriended Kelly. She would have treated her like she did Alexis, etc.

now Brianna I believe takes pride in her working. She has many faults but I see that. 

I been watching the Sow episodes of the past. She has always been a religious racist asshole. 

Always. I love her shrieking at Gretchen that she isn’t a mother that understands child support dodgers, for being with desdbeat slade yet she is hanging with brooks, Stay trash Sow. 

The Sow could be actually voluptuous dressed to impress if she brought the right clothes.

lokking at season 8, Shannon was so thin. I actually think she looks better curvier. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Actually, I was thinking Shane has much more chemistry with Kelly than he does with his wife!

I think they have a similar sarcastic sense of humor and could be great snark buddies.

I totally saw that! There’s definitely some kind of weird spark there. I think kelly wants to make him her little bitch ;)

• Love 11

I know of children whose parents got divorced when they were adults and they felt devastated and betrayed by their parents because they felt like the relationship they aspired to was a farce.

I know of children whose parents grew more emotionally withdrawn from one another as time went on but stuck together anyways and exposed their children to many fights and nasty comments because the resentment grew -  many of those other kids feel like their sense of marriage and relationships is distorted because the most immediate example of a marriage was an unhealthy one.

The point being, sticking things out isn't always the answer and while marriages do have their peaks and valleys, it's trusting in the foundation of your relationship that will get you through tough times...and maybe during those tough times you realize that what your relationship is built on isn't as strong as you thought. Sticking it out for your children isn't the most selfless thing to do. Because your kids will grow into adults one day and will have the ability to understand the complexity of people and relationships and the importance of feeling happy and fulfilled in life. They will one day understand what they won't as a young child so long as you provide them with a healthy environment that includes spending time with both parents and most importantly successfully co-parent. It's much harder to co-parent (married or divorced) if you hate the other person.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Higgins said:

Long term marriages have periods where you feel that way. It cycles through changes. Marriage isn't about being in love its about growing in love. Love is verb and a choice. 

I've been married for 20 years, but thanks for explaining the concept to me. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, smores said:

I've been married for 20 years, but thanks for explaining the concept to me. 

Sorry I offended you. It wasn't intended in that manner. I was directing it more toward the storyline and her explanation. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Sorry I offended you. It wasn't intended in that manner. I was directing it more toward the storyline and her explanation. 

No worries! I'm probably way over sensitive.  I woke up to a work mess that I'm still trying to sort out and only got 3 hours of sleep, so I'm pretty cranky at the moment.  I should probably put myself in time out ;)

• Love 7

RHJunkie: I know of children whose parents got divorced when they were adults and they felt devastated and betrayed by their parents because they felt like the relationship they aspired to was a farce. ...I know of children whose parents grew more emotionally withdrawn from one another as time went on but stuck together anyways 

Yes, no doubt.  True as is the possibility I was pointing out she was foreclosing on.

RHJunkie: It's trusting in the foundation of your relationship that will get you through tough times...and maybe during those tough times you realize that what your relationship is built on isn't as strong as you thought.

Bingo!  These ladies' foundations are questionable through and through and imo counting on the relationship with the partner for the foundation of the marriage is not how the game is best played.  But perhaps that's all she has and sees it that way.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, smores said:

No worries! I'm probably way over sensitive.  I woke up to a work mess that I'm still trying to sort out and only got 3 hours of sleep, so I'm pretty cranky at the moment.  I should probably put myself in time out ;)

and to be clear, just in case you're still in a "mood", I liked your comment because it takes alot to admit we're not always perfect, and NOT because I agree that you should put yourself in time out.  :))))))

• Love 9

The one key piece of advice those serial divorcing hags couldn’t give Gina is that a long term marriage is mostly  about mutual respect  and commitment. If both partners are willing to work hard and stick it out then the marriage has a chance.

( I’ve been married for 35 years out of which maybe 5 have been a struggle).  

I believe Gina’s husband wants out of the marriage and has somehow convinced her that it is a genius idea. He likely did a “Kelsey Grammer” on her by convincing he to do the show as a distraction. 

If Gina were all that secure in her conviction that divorcing is the best option then she wouldn’t be trying so hard to sell her narrative to the other women. 

• Love 13

I am separated and my wife has always been my best friend and always will be. She has made it clear to her current partner that I am a part of their lives, and the 3 of us hang out together. Of course, we are no longer sleeping together so there is that. But I am not as stupefied as to Gina's remaining best friends with Matt as most are. Unconventional, yes. But if it works, great.

• Love 9
On 9/25/2018 at 10:13 AM, Sterling said:

Actually Vicki has an enormous fan base.  She keeps the ratings high, which is what I clarified in my post just above this.

22 hours ago, AnnA said:

There is not one pro-Vicki post on this forum so it's more likely that Vicki has an enormous anti-fan base. 

I don't know that I'd call myself a fan (of any cast member in any city) but I think the show needs Vix in all her kookiness and hope she stays till this iteration of HWs is no more. And I'll take occasional visits by Troy and Owen too!

• Love 6
On 9/24/2018 at 6:22 PM, LilaFowler said:

Gina isn't being truthful about something. She and her husband are best friends, don't fight and are still attracted to each other and having sex. Isn't that the ideal marriage? What am I missing here?

i think it could be as simple as they just want to end it and dont love each other anymore. plus he lives in another city. they have grown apart. she probably wants a real partner. 

• Love 3

ON 9/25/2018 AT 3:53 AM,  MVFROSTSMYPIE SAID: 

I'm an atheist, so all these ladies giving Gina a hard time about her beliefs can go STFU, especially Vicki. FUCK OFF Vicki. I wouldn't want to believe in your god anyway. GTFO with your "moral compass" BS. If I believed in a hell, I'd like to think that's where she's headed.

The scene bugged me and I may have yelled some profanity.  I too am an atheist and I have a stronger moral compass than Vicki without believing in any sort of religion.  

(I may not have cut and pasted correctly, just finished doing a workshop and am exhausted). 

I am not an atheist. My faith in God has gotten me through tough times. To me religion is a vechicle for ones faith. I’m a lapsed Catholic. However, I respect everyone for their beliefs or unbelief, unless they use their religion to harm others. Vicki’s hypocrisy is disgusting. Hypocrites like her really turn a lot of people off of religion. Being religious doesn’t mean you have a moral compass.

My philosophy is that at the end of the day, God will judge you on how you treated your fellow humans. 

• Love 6
On 9/25/2018 at 12:14 AM, Texasmom1970 said:

Thank heavens I had not started eating my snack when Tamra started on about her sex life with Eddie. Nobody wants to hear at yall banging like any animal!

I can’t believe I am going to open this can of worms, pass the eye bleach, but why can’t Eddie and Tamra have sex now due to a broken bone in her foot? (Runs......hides)

On 9/25/2018 at 11:10 AM, Sterling said:

Vicki is the Bethenny of OC.

On 9/25/2018 at 1:06 PM, Sterling said:

AFAIK, Bethenny hasn't outright lied or scammed about anything.  

Bethenny built her entire career in RHONY from lying and scamming about not having parents and coming from nothing. When Jill got her on the show Jill thought she was an orphan and Bethenny rolled with it because it was advantageous to Bethenny. Same as Vicki getting her Brooks cancer casseroles. Vicki is the Bethenny of OC Vicky thinks she is the OG who can rule the roost like the hypocrite that she is. Attention and validation fuel both of their love tanks. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Vicki REALLY bothered me with her shaming Gina about her divorce.  That kind of shaming happened decades ago and does not need to come back “no one will date you if you have kids ... you can’t support yourself ... you made a commitment before God”.  Back in the 50s when they told women they weren’t smart enough to know their own minds and make their own decisions they at least gave them Valium to numb the emptiness.

I think it was kind of odd that Vicki was all, "How will you support yourself?" when for years she's been pushing this strong, independent, protected woman bullshit via her insurance spiels. 

18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t see that at all. She continued to argue and push her points even when the other person was explaining the difference. She also talks over people.

Yup. When Shannon tried to explain that she actually knew Kelly (and Gina didn't); and therefore knew how to best handle her when she was heated about something, Gina wasn't having it. She kept insisting Shannon did the wrong thing. She doesn't seem willing to listen to others, so I don't see why she should expect any better. 

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Do we really think that the reason Brianna moved from the OC was because of the high divorce rate? Personally I think she just wanted to get away from Icky

I think it was Ryan wanting to separate Brianna from her family and surround her with his. He knows how horribly he came off on the show and the fact that he has had some domestic violence incidents with his previous wife and an ex-girlfriend makes him a huge target of negative attention. So, ever since he had his big blowup at the elderly woman over Vicki's couch, he has been going out of his way to avoid filming and wants Brianna to do the same. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Higgins said:

I completely agree with this. I've been married 10 years, with my husband 12. I have had periods where I did not feel in love with him. I have had periods where I really couldn't stand him, to be honest. (Little annoying shit, not anything big or bad.) He's a great person and an amazing father to our kids. Our home life was fine, so I just kind of faked it til I made it. And things got better. We are doing SO good right now; it's amazing. I'm definitely glad I rode out that low spot. 

That being said, that's my choice. If others feel like they can't deal with that, I get it. (And I tend to think there is more to it with Gina's marriage. I can't imagine my husband living somewhere and I don't even know where it is.) It's not so much Gina GETTING the divorce that I take issue with. It's her level of superiority about how much her divorce will be than everyone else's. It screams of defensiveness. 

29 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Do we really think that the reason Brianna moved from the OC was because of the high divorce rate? Personally I think she just wanted to get away from Icky

Amen and Amen. Smartest thing she ever did. 

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

10 years, with my husband 12. I have had periods where I did not feel in love with him. I have had periods where I really couldn't stand him, to be honest. (Little annoying shit, not anything big or bad.) He's a great person and an amazing father to our kids. Our home life was fine, so I just kind of faked it til I made it. And things got better. We are doing SO good right now; it's amazing. I'm definitely glad I rode out that low spot. 

I could have written this myself.  I’m with my husband 25 yrs. and there were times I hated him, wished he worked longer hours or traveled for work.  When my kids were young there were several times I contemplated divorce because the everyday stress of work and young kids made my husband very moody.  I decided to hang on and ride the waves and at this point in my life, our relationship is good and I’m glad I stuck it out.  I do think Matt moving away was basically a trial separation, that’s the only way she wouldn’t have visited his place.  During this period they realized they really didn’t miss each other, so I feel he convinced her to divorce.  He has his cake & is eating it too, why would he want to divorce unless someone else is in the picture.  He can do what he wants during the week and can visit on the weekends.  I just think they should hold off on the divorce and legally separate and then see how they feel after a year.  It’s not urgent, they don’t hate each other, they’re best friends who have sex so what’s the rush.  That fact that she called him to convince her of why this is best for them means she’s not 100% sure and is just putting on a brave face.

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Plus the hospitals in that area of NC pay really well. Salaries for the ER RN are around 69-70k per year plus benefits. It’s not a Bravo salary but it’s enough to provide well...especially if her husband is working. Plus there are some areas nearby with really good schools. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I think it was Ryan wanting to separate Brianna from her family and surround her with his. He knows how horribly he came off on the show and the fact that he has had some domestic violence incidents with his previous wife and an ex-girlfriend makes him a huge target of negative attention. So, ever since he had his big blowup at the elderly woman over Vicki's couch, he has been going out of his way to avoid filming and wants Brianna to do the same. 

I never quite understood Brianna's infatuation with Ryan.  The boy needs a good smack upside the head for the most part and has the personality of a rock.  If he has domestic violence issues, Brianna has made a mistake letting him separate her so far away from her family and friends.  Never a good thing when there are control issues.    Sadly, Brianna was raised by her control-freak of a mother so she may not only be used to it, but she may actually be convinced it's the way she needs to live.  

I don't like Vicki, but if I were her, I'd be frantic and I'd be booking flights to Bri's house every weekend until I felt my daughter was safe or ready to run.   Ms Moneybags can spend her $$$ on flight tickets instead of useless cosmetic surgeries.  Nothing is going to help that pig-faced skank anyway.   She could come out looking like Elizabeth Taylor and she'd still be fubar Ick.  Can't hide her kind of ugly.  It seeps out of every pour in her slimy body.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MatildaMoody said:

So, ever since he had his big blowup at the elderly woman over Vicki's couch, he has been going out of his way to avoid filming and wants Brianna to do the same. 

I remember being outraged about the couch incident. Looking back at the fact that it was Lydiot's mother I don't care so much. Ryan is still is a raging douchebag that I don't ever need to see on my TV screen again.

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:11 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

It did seem like a specific stair location that people came to to do their workout.  I think it was pretty random too.  Its just weird that you would drive your car to walk this industrial set of stairs, set between bushes with no breeze or view.  I could see going to some beauty staircase at the beach, open air and vented, but this set of stair was indeed weird.  

They were at 1000 steps in Laguna Beach. I went to that beach once when I lived in OC many moons ago. Note I said 'once'!

My Direct TV glitched at the Kelly/Little Bitch talk. Did it end well?

I just got back from OC last night. Thankfully, I didn't not run into any of them...but sometimes I want to when I'm out visiting family!

I'm so glad I don't have a job where I'm pretty much required to have an argument with someone all the time. You couldn't pay me enough. While Gina's divorce is weird, it's between her and Matt. I don't recall her ever once asking anyone for their opinion

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:11 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

I agree!  It was really narrow too, to the point where you had to sort of turn to the side if someone was coming in the other direction.  That would make it pretty difficult to run the stairs (not that they were running, can't imagine they got a great workout climbing those stairs at the snail pace they were moving.  And who works out with their long hair down and full make-up?  Staaaaahp.)

I'm Team Gina.  What business is it of any of the ladies why she's divorcing?  They were totally ganging up on her and it wasn't a good look.  And Vickie needs to STFU with her cheating and twice divorced, cancer scheming ass.  And then they all start lecturing her for leaving the table when they were attacking her?  Please.   I'm having a hard time understanding how anyone was okay with the ladies behavior at that table.  Shannon would have been sprinting away in tears if it were happening to her and Vickie would be screaming about being nailed to a cross.   Bunch of hypocrites. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

I remember being outraged about the couch incident. Looking back at the fact that it was Lydiot's mother I don't care so much. Ryan is still is a raging douchebag that I don't ever need to see on my TV screen again.

It doesn't matter to me that it was Lydia's mom. I think that if you are going to get that over the top aggressive and ragey with anyone, let alone an elderly person, there are serious anger issues going on that need to be addressed. And when you combine that with his past domestic violence incidents, I think that Ryan is the real reason that Brianna left OC. And, I do worry for her because of it. 

• Love 13
21 hours ago, smores said:

EXACTLY.  What's better for the kids: a horrible marriage like Shannon and David's (who stayed together WAY longer than they should've "for the kids") which will likely scar their kids for a very long time or a happily divorced couple?  I'm also a child of divorce and it really wasn't a big deal.   I honestly don't get the "those poor kids!!!" mentality.  If the parents divorce amicably while they're very young it will likely have no effect on them at all, as they won't even know any different.  Kids are much more resilient than we give them credit for, especially when they're very young, like Gina's. 

15 hours ago, Higgins said:

Exactly, it's a choice.  They're choosing not to continue loving each other and to divorce.  I really don't see how it's anyone else's business.  

• Love 7

I have clients that amicably divorced after a long-distance period in their marriage. They just realized in the time away from seeing each other everyday they just didn’t need to be married. They have minor kids too. I feel the pretty much all divorced at least once women were pretty sanctimonious about marriage considering their situations.  If Gina wants to divorce so be it, I think they are just jealous that Gina and Matt seem amicable and most of their divorces are adversarial. They want Gina to be like then and hate her ex, how can she be part of the bitter bitches club if she is happy?

The God stuff was uncomfortable, I mean really Vickie you know no atheists and do you really believe you have a moral compass? Must be a broken one lol

• Love 7