Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E39: Head of Household #15

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

Ugh, I hate these clip shows where one person says "But you know what was REALLY crazy? Remember when ____ ?" Roll footage...

*eye roll*

ETA: The thing that really bothers me though is that we will see about 2 minutes worth of competition with a TBC at the end, when they could have showed us something relevant about the comps but instead we take all the time on "highlights".

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 14

This is just a clips show. At least the Vikings game was stuff we hadn't seen before. But I guess Vikings fans would have been happier watching clips of Kase Keenum's throw to Stefon Diggs in the playoffs over and over again than the game we watched today.

Good thing you all behaved last week on my sister's birthday!

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 8

Fuck you, Jeff. 

I could have been fine with an entire hour of nothing but pointing out all of Fuck you, Fessy's dumbassed confusion. You know he's in the jury house, still trying to figure out WHO FLIPPED?! on the Swaggy vote. 

Ah, what the hell. One more time for good luck: Fuck you, Jeff.

• Love 9

I feel like there are so many things that could technically go wrong with the HOH comp, I give them props for creating something so ambitious.

I choose to believe Jeff realized he was wrong and has changed and is no longer a homophobe.  Clown shoe will always make me sad.

• Love 4

I normally HATE the "clip show" but for the first time I supremely enjoyed re-visiting the early blindsides, Foutte cluelessness and the extra footage of Sam, Kaitlyn, and the rest.  It really has been quite a season!  The House Meeting, Brett vs Rockstar and Fessy Fessying after evictions will live on as truly iconic moments, lol.

• Love 19

They did a better job this clip show with showing some new clips. I remember last year, I'm pretty sure they only had two new clips to show. Here, it felt like they tried a little harder. The Scottie/Kaitlyn meditation segment featuring Steve was new. 

I didn't need to see the Yatus segment again. I didn't need to see the Swaggy/Bayleigh segment. Seeing the house meeting again was probably the only segment that I was ok with rewatching. I was thrilled to see the Brett vs Rockstar segment again.

CUTE. REAL CUTE. 

• Love 4

Best episode ever...I fast forwarded through 95% of it! I refuse to watch even a second of Jeffophobe. Obviously JC and Kaycee didn’t know they were having dinner with a man who thinks they can’t be around children without molesting them. God, I loathe him.

That HoH comp looked terrifying but super fun!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

SHY WOULD YOU AIR A CLIP SHOW ON ROCKSTAR’S MOM’S GRANDMOM’S BIRTHDAY EVE!?!? CUTE. REAL CUTE.

Fixed it for ya with the bold. 

Rockstar's Daughter's Birthday (Eve) is going to be an annually celebrated event on the Big Brother calendar. I think it's as important as Clown Shoe Awareness Day or Rough Kneecap Syndrome Day. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

September 23, 2018

Who will be the last Head of Household this season?

And will this episode be any worse than the Vikings game today?

I didn't see the Vikings game, but I'm willing to bet this episode was WAY worse!

I have a pretty high tolerance for terrible BB episodes, and I like Jeff.  But this was beyond boring.  Total waste of my time.

• Love 1

It's a good thing I never wanted to be on this show, because I'd probably be kicked out quickly, especially if I had to endure some of that crap we saw Brett and the others put up with. I know the granny thing is all in fun, but I'm a person who needs my space and I probably would have punched the guy or possibly cussed him out. And the bath thing ? When he put his feet in there with Brett, well if you think Sam is crazy, my reaction would have blown that off the charts ! It is funny, though, that Brett was the only one not to cry in the DR. The guy's a cyborg. Rockstar crying will never not be funny to me. I know it's terrible, but hell I even feel a bit sorry for JC when he's sad and I don't like him either. But her ?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, leocadia said:

I normally HATE the "clip show" but for the first time I supremely enjoyed re-visiting the early blindsides, Foutte cluelessness and the extra footage of Sam, Kaitlyn, and the rest.  It really has been quite a season!  The House Meeting, Brett vs Rockstar and Fessy Fessying after evictions will live on as truly iconic moments, lol.

I liked the whole show EXCEPT the boring showmance stuff.  Also that whoever guy Jeff since I didn't see his seasons and he was a real snooze so glad I didn't see them I guess.

But loved the Fessy Is Clueless About the Votes segment.  That part will never get old.  And the Cry Me a River DRs ending with Sam threatening to flee the place.  Also Brett vs Rockstar and Brett vs Granny.  (I wonder how some of the other HGs would have handled Granny compared to Brett's laid back, humorous way).  I do wish they had shown Rockstar's OTEV mess again though.

The competition at the end looked interesting but given how stuff with production has been mis-tested and mis-constructed all season they were lucky the "rockets" didn't actually take off on them and deposit HG's in the trees outside.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, green said:

I do wish they had shown Rockstar's OTEV mess again though.

Don't worry, we will be seeing that for years to come.

5 minutes ago, green said:

The competition at the end looked interesting but given how stuff with production has been mis-tested and mis-constructed all season they were lucky the "rockets" didn't actually take off on them and deposit HG's in the trees outside.

Lucky or unlucky?

• Love 3

I am sure this has been brought up before but I just noticed tonight that each member of the final four was paired up with each other in the opening credits.  JC is with Angela and Kaycee is with Tyler.  I thought that was pretty cool, I wonder if something like that has happened before.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, green said:

I wonder how some of the other HGs would have handled Granny compared to Brett's laid back, humorous way

I'm very sure that he knew what a good sport he err granny had on his hands at that point. If he hadn't have gone along with everything prior he's have been less in his face about the role. At least I hope. Imagine if, say, JC had gotten granny?

2 hours ago, BK1978 said:

JC is with Angela and Kaycee is with Tyler.  I thought that was pretty cool, I wonder if something like that has happened before.

And, as they mentioned, they were also all together in the upper corner of the memory wall!

• Love 3

I guess production thought that Tyler, Kaycee & JC couldn't handle a clip show. Granted, it's always been akward when the cast would say out of the blue, "Do you remember when..............". It worked a little bit better with Jeff doing interview style. That said, I wonder why the change? Are they really that boring they couldn't handle a clip show on their own?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, green said:

I liked the whole show EXCEPT the boring showmance stuff.  Also that whoever guy Jeff since I didn't see his seasons and he was a real snooze so glad I didn't see them I guess.

But loved the Fessy Is Clueless About the Votes segment.  That part will never get old.  And the Cry Me a River DRs ending with Sam threatening to flee the place.  Also Brett vs Rockstar and Brett vs Granny.  (I wonder how some of the other HGs would have handled Granny compared to Brett's laid back, humorous way).  I do wish they had shown Rockstar's OTEV mess again though.

I always thought production assumed Brett would be terrible handling his temper and emotions and thought they'd get a lot of footage out of him and Granny. But the way he dealt with all of it showed me that he really is emotionally mature (and probably went a lot of frat hazing) and just turns on the "douchebag" character to annoy.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I guess production thought that Tyler, Kaycee & JC couldn't handle a clip show. Granted, it's always been akward when the cast would say out of the blue, "Do you remember when..............". It worked a little bit better with Jeff doing interview style. That said, I wonder why the change? Are they really that boring they couldn't handle a clip show on their own?

Yeah, I think the interview style worked a bit better and alleviated some of the awkwardness of the clip show. I do still think they could either find a better way to incorporate the clips into the episode, or get rid of it altogether.

1 hour ago, ohcomeon said:

I always thought production assumed Brett would be terrible handling his temper and emotions and thought they'd get a lot of footage out of him and Granny. But the way he dealt with all of it showed me that he really is emotionally mature (and probably went a lot of frat hazing) and just turns on the "douchebag" character to annoy.

I feel like Brett makes it obvious that he's playing a character. It shows when he's in the DR. When he's in the DR, it's over the top and doesn't feel like it's the real Brett. That's probably why I find it easier to laugh and not get annoyed at what he says; it's all fake and for TV. Having them reshow the Granny segment, it helped me remember why I do genuinely like Brett. He was such a good sport about the punishment. It's like how Rachel handled her Yeller in week 2. She was having a great time with her Yell Reviewer and never took it seriously.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Fixed it for ya with the bold. 

Rockstar's Daughter's Birthday (Eve) is going to be an annually celebrated event on the Big Brother calendar. I think it's as important as Clown Shoe Awareness Day or Rough Kneecap Syndrome Day. 

I had forgotten rough kneecap syndrome, THANK YOU! 

8 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Lol!

YOU JUMPED OFF AND LET ME WIN THE COMP I WANTED TO WIN ANYWAY!

That girl ain't right.

That clip was the highlight of the episode!  Hilarious!   “I thought you were my friend.”  

• Love 4

A better title for this one would be Filler Episode as it didn't show any HoH result.  I don't understand why they can't focus on the first part of this HoH and the strategy before and after it.  There's only one episode left isn't there, why fit it all in the last program?  There's no real reason to do this apart from that they probably always have.  Big Brother is more about what is happening now than a few weeks ago.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I just fast forwarded the DVR and watched the last three minutes.  I wasn't about to watch fifty-seven minutes of pure crap.

I don't know if the scene with the HG's watching the comp and JC falling was shown. But just watching the transformation on Sam's face was worth my 45 min (I fast forward through commercials). I'd also forgotten how bat shit crazy Bayleigh acted during the house meeting. You know that's not the first time she's thrown a hissy fit and her older sisters watched her revving up and thought "there she blows". 

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Can someone explain this?

Raven added that to her list of maladies toward the end of the season.  Probably because someone mentioned their's was hurting.  :>

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

My guess?  Production was worried all the retakes needed to clarify JC’s accent to the point of legibility would drag down the spontaneity.

4 hours ago, watch2much said:

I kind of felt sorry for them replaying Bayleigh's entire melt down.  I thought it was cruel.  They could have shortened it.

Cruel to whom?  I think it was fabulous they showed her full frontal bitch rant. 

ETA.  I checked your profile to see if you might be Swaggy or some new poster who knows Bayleigh! LOL 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 16
23 minutes ago, watch2much said:

I kind of felt sorry for them replaying Bayleigh's entire melt down.  I thought it was cruel.  They could have shortened it.

That footage is now and forever comedy gold. I can't NOT watch it if I see a clip somewhere. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, xKHANx said:

That footage is now and forever comedy gold. I can't NOT watch it if I see a clip somewhere. 

And it’s the moment that might’ve ruined Tyler’s game. He retreated his social game after that and then Tangela happened.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

And it’s the moment that might’ve ruined Tyler’s game. He retreated his social game after that and then Tangela happened.

I mean, Bayleigh was screaming so intensely at him that her mouth literally started bleeding. I can't say that wouldn't have me retreating, either.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, watch2much said:

Man! I felt kind of sorry for Tyler. He had to sit there on the couch and remain calm. He didn't even leave his seat. Meanwhile, you have crazy Bay getting all hysterical and screaming at him.

• Love 10