Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: The Conjugal Configuration

I didn't see this episode as Sheldon actually wanting sex though, at least not at any time when Amy turned him down.  When he brought it to the table because he had scheduled it he clearly wasn't any more interested in sex at that moment in time than Amy was.  He just felt, typically Sheldon, that since they were now married they would need to schedule "coitus" more frequently.  At the end of the episode when he was rushing Amy back to the hotel she was more than ready to go with him.  So anyway I guess what I'm saying is I really didn't see any change in their usual dynamic.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I liked it too!  I have found that I frequently like what others don't, and vice versa, but it's all good!  We all perceive things differently and it's fun to see what other people are thinking about with each episode.  :)

Me too! On so many shows! I like characters others seem to hate and I am cold to characters others seem to love. 

I like Penny and Leonard and their odd relationship. It's quirky.

• Love 3
On 9/28/2018 at 12:28 PM, taanja said:

Me too! On so many shows! I like characters others seem to hate and I am cold to characters others seem to love. 

I love Penny and Leonard too, especially when the writers don't force unnecessary, unneeded angst on them.

• Love 6
On 9/25/2018 at 12:04 AM, Sarah 103 said:

I agree. Something felt off, but I can't say exactly what it was. 

For me the episode began to feel "off" when Amy did a U-Turn from being annoyed at Sheldon for his inappropriate "interactive" behavior at a Broadway play, and instead became annoyed with him for scheduling everything (including "coitus"). 
I suppose she may not have wanted to humiliate him for his social ignorance in New York, and so instead focused on the roadblock to spontaneity thrown up with his schedules.
Scheduling being well-established over many seasons as Sheldon's thing was part of my problem with the episode, but I can accept that Amy wants to set boundaries to it--I seem to recall them agreeing to something like that before--or at least Amy having a say in what was and was not scheduled.

My real problem was with Amy's annoyance at the schedule being fueled by Sheldon's ruining the play for apparently everyone, which Amy was unwilling to express, so the whole schedule annoyance then felt passive aggressive.
Plus, I kept thinking of:

On 9/27/2018 at 1:09 AM, rmontro said:

Seems like there was a time when Amy would have jumped at the chance for sex with Sheldon, whether it was spontaneous or not.

Then again, perhaps if I was able to pick my battles as wisely as Amy, perhaps I'd still be married.
But thank goodness I am not (way too many battles to pick from).

All that said, I do recall more chuckles than with some of the "off" season episodes.

• Love 1
On 9/28/2018 at 12:28 PM, taanja said:

For many seasons, I always got the impression that Penny was settling for Leonard.  But over time, I do now get the impression that they really love each other.  

• Love 2
On 9/27/2018 at 2:09 AM, rmontro said:

Seems like there was a time when Amy would have jumped at the chance for sex with Sheldon, whether it was spontaneous or not.

There was also a time when it seemed like Amy would have jumped at the chance for sex with Penny.  They worked that frustrated spinster storyline about as far as they could go and I'm glad they've decided to retire it.  I was concerned based on some earlier comments that what'd they done was decide to go with the guys always want sex/women rarely do trope so dearly beloved by sitcom writers but, thankfully, I really didn't see that in the interaction between Amy and Sheldon at all.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CherryAmes said:
On 9/27/2018 at 1:09 AM, rmontro said:

There was also a time when it seemed like Amy would have jumped at the chance for sex with Penny.  They worked that frustrated spinster storyline about as far as they could go and I'm glad they've decided to retire it.

And what did Amy name her electric toothbrush?
Sorry.

On 9/30/2018 at 11:23 AM, shapeshifter said:

And what did Amy name her electric toothbrush?
Sorry.

Gerard. I’m a huge My Chemical Romance fan, and once read an article (the year before Mayim Bialik joined the cast) that one of the guys in MCR was emailing a BBT cast member when they found out that the band was getting some award. So since then, I assumed the name of Amy’s toothbrush was a shout-out to the lead singer. 

• Love 1