Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Everything Is Bonzer! (1) / S03.E02: Everything Is Bonzer! (2)

11 hours ago, LCanterbury said:

Worse for me was looking on Twitter to see if the accents were really bothering anyone else only to find a whole heap of Americans shocked that Australia isn't all white people

Oh God, no. Why are we so stupid? Is "America" the Bad Place?

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 15

A bit of a slow start to the season premiere. Not sure we needed to start there but it was almost worth it for Ted Danson in the cycling outfit. With gloves! And Ted Danson in a ponytail and sunglasses at night. 

"I've made my decision. I want to... start crying." #RELATABLE

OK, I swear they must have heard the complaints about Chidi not speaking French. 

It's interesting to see how Chidi got thrown off his initial decisiveness. The problem is that there is never a "right" decision. There's always going to be a downside to something you pick. I think that's a big reason I'm so sympathetic to Chidi. One of the ways my anxiety manifests is indecisiveness. Because my brain can think through all the downsides. It's not about choosing between right and wrong sometimes. It's about choosing to act even though all choices are "wrong" in some way. I imagine that's even worse for moral philosophy professors.

Good Lord. What was that accent Ted Danson was doing?

First laugh of the episode: "Choose something deeply terrible to inspire us." *plays Richard Marx*

Aw, Simone is adorable. I don't know yet if she has chemistry with Chidi but I want good things for her.

Janet trying to find a mom and dad... XD

Ah! Trevor was sent as a spy! Most interesting part of a bit of a lackluster season premiere.

Zack Pizzazz?

8 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

First laugh of the episode: "Choose something deeply terrible to inspire us." *plays Richard Marx*

iirc in the podcast they said that they called up Richard Marx, and his people were like "he loves the show and he is fine with it" - I believe they initially had a different song that they played on set, but eventually settled on Marx

• Love 3

I'm surprised Eleanor would feel motivated to travel halfway round the world to see some "Do Gooder from Down Under". It didn't seem that her Near Death experience had reformed her enough to decide to fly to Australia.

A few great lines:

"Pretty enough to be on The Bachelor. And smart enough never to go on The Bachelor!"

"Claustrophobic? Why would anyone be afraid of Santa Claus?"

"My year started about a year ago..."

The more we see of Tahani, the more awful her sister seems. But it was very true to Tahani's nature to monetise living without possessions.

Dance Dance Resolution were robbed! Before they went out robbing, at least.

On 9/28/2018 at 2:21 AM, Rinaldo said:

I was sure it was going to be Shawn walking through that door at the end. Trevor is even better.

Me too!

On 9/28/2018 at 6:51 PM, chaifan said:

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but at the time Trevor showed up, wasn't Michael heading back down there already?  There's only one key.  If Michael had the only key, how did Trevor get there.

Maybe he slipped by while the Doorman was distracted by the frog on his smoking hot (or was it ice cold?) cup of antimatter?

On 9/28/2018 at 6:54 PM, NUguy514 said:

"Jif" is peanut butter.  "Gif" is an animated picture, and the "G" stands for "Graphics" (hard "g").  I don't care what the creator says about its pronunciation; he's wrong.

Or the old name for a cleaning product (until they decided to rename it to sound like an STD...)! But I pronounce GIF like, well, "gift" (or graphic, since that's what it stands for). Maybe we'll both end up in the Bad Place where demons mispronounce all sorts of words (like "niche") around us!

I have to say that I didn’t see it in pre-afterlife Eleanor’s character to care so much about what a bartender’s favorite lecture video was. It has to be that she was vulnerable in that moment, and found comfort in Michael not kicking her when she was down. Perhaps it was the first time in her life it had happened; her parents weren’t good for her and her friends were even worse people than she was.

i also enjoyed the doorman’s interest in frogs. I have family members who like them in that same way.