Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/24/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, General Days said:

He tried to end the segment by saying there is no excuse for the Senate judiciary committee and Kavanugh not calling Mark Judge before the committee. He also said, "They are hiding Mark Judge from the American people. I can assure you, if he had positive things to say about this time period and positive things to say about Brett Kavanaugh's conduct, we already would have heard from him."

Actually Mark Judge was located by journalists hiding somewhere in Rhode Island.  He refused to comment on the allegations and said that he would be leaving his current location.

2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I loved what Kristen had to say about finding other people attractive and jealousy.  It seems she hadn't been listening to Sunny talking about it earlier or she wouldn't have made it sound so foolish to be jealous.  I love Sunny but honestly, her jealous rages and destructive tendencies are ridiculous.  Why the heck is she so insecure?

Sunny has said that he husband has never seen her without makeup.  I think she sleeps in her makeup. She is very insecure. She has said that she threw a fit because a nurse who works at the same hospital as her husband baked him a cake.  Sunny is a mixed bag like all of us...lol 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Actually Mark Judge was located by journalists hiding somewhere in Rhode Island.  He refused to comment on the allegations and said that he would be leaving his current location.

Yes, I know. Avenatti was addressing the fact that the committee has refused to subpoena him. At least, that's how I took his comments on The View. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I love Sunny but honestly, her jealous rages and destructive tendencies are ridiculous

They ARE ridiculous...and she seems to brag about them so often, I think she's proud.  It may also be an act that she developed and she just keeps it going--because it works on her family members.  I have a friend who is jealous about everything anyone else has (romance, possessions, professions, etc)--and she believes the rest of us are too...but we're just hiding it.   I admit that when I didn't have as much as other kids my age did, I YEARNED for the things... but I wasn't angry at the kid who had (for example) the bride doll.  I just wanted a bride doll.

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She is very insecure. She has said that she threw a fit because a nurse who works at the same hospital as her husband baked him a cake.  Sunny is a mixed bag like all of us...lol 

Maybe we're all mixed bags...but Sunny seems a little more tightly wound than is healthy.

• Love 10

So Whoopi wants victims to come forward to prevent more rapes from  occuring.   Here is a thought Whoopi.  How about men just stop raping women? And while we are at it lets start believing the victims that do come forward and prosecuting rapists to the fullest extent of the law.

• Love 23

A weekly reminder that politics as discussed on the show is allowed. Personal political beliefs and arguments pro and con about Brett Kavanaugh are not. 

7 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I don't know.  I got the impression that he was so anxious to get himself more air time that he wasn't really prepared for questions.

I got the impression that Avenatti is saving the 3rd woman's evidence for the big reveal since he would not answer Abby's question.

• Love 6

As someone who witnessed my mom’s clothes being burned by my bio dad as a child I did not find Sunny funny at all.  She really thought that was cute.  

I can understand being jealous but she was being ridiculous.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, tribeca said:

I can understand being jealous but she was being ridiculous.  

I think she sees herself as a charming/appealing spicy Latina...the "cute" characters featured in sitcoms or telenovelas.   She's the hot-tempered temptress all men dream about.   I wonder how they talk about her at her husband's hospital.

• Love 9

Yep - like an old Doris Day comedy.

OT - My BFF's husband kept putting off decorating a christmas tree that was already set up. So she decorated it in lingerie, lol.

ETA - Sunny is a genuine romantic.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

So Whoopi wants victims to come forward to prevent more rapes from  occuring.   Here is a thought Whoopi.  How about men just stop raping women? And while we are at it lets start believing the victims that do come forward and prosecuting rapists to the fullest extent of the law.

I am so tired of Whoopi lecturing the viewers, and repeating herself over and over, as she did today about coming forward, as she has about women needing to support each other, as she did with staying safe in recent hurricanes.  But what is really rich is that on the first two points, she herself shamed and publicly doubted accusers of Bill Cosby, and on the second point, well, she obvi didn't support women in those circumstances.  She either should just shut up, and not try to reposition her past ugly self, or she should apologize, starting with Beverley Johnson.

And as for telling people to stay safe/evacuate, for crying out loud, local media and social media do this quite effectively and no one is watching the fricking View to figure out what they need to do.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I hate how Whoopi gives men a break. Plus she cannot moderate. And lectures incoherently.

She gives powerful men a break.  Whoopie is the type of woman who buys into patriarchy and upholds it with her constant criticisms of women regarding sexual assaults.  I was really appalled with her attitude that women have to publicly denounce men who violate them. She does not understand that it is still not easy for women to come out, even in the #metoo era.  Joy tried to tell her that but she would not listen and she just droned on and on and on nonsensically.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15

She gives powerful men a break.  Whoopie is the type of woman who buys into patriarchy and upholds it with her constant criticisms of women regarding sexual assaults.  I was really appalled with her attitude that women have to publicly denounce men who violate them. She does not understand that it is still not easy for women to come out, even in the #metoo era.  Joy tried to tell her that but she would not listen and she just droned on and on and on nonsensically.

Amen, @Apprentice79. So many of you have stated this perfectly...

Whoopi's "Shame & Blame" routine is truly sickening. NO ONE should ever guilt women into coming forward after an assault. As many assault survivors have stated, coming forward means reliving the trauma. Not everyone has the mental/emotional strength to relive an attack. And Whoopi has the gall to guilt survivors? Really? She thinks it's healthy to tell victims it's THEIR fault if someone else gets attacked? How about we hold the attacker and only the attacker accountable, m'kay? How about we stop giving men a pass for inappropriate and/or violent behavior. (Sorry, my blood gets to boiling because I recall oh so well when Chris Brown beat Rihanna and Whoopi's response was something along the lines of: if a woman taunts/strikes a man or is antagonistic, she should expect to get hit in return.)

Bottom line: survivors don't need a fucking excuse for why they do what they do in the aftermath of an attack. 

• Love 21
38 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Not only does she seem to blame women for their own rapes but she is now saying women are to blame for rapes that occur in the future.  Has she ever blamed a rapist for the rape he commits?

• Love 14
On 9/25/2018 at 11:38 AM, Alexis2291 said:

I'm sorry but I'm not understanding what you mean?

Michelle Wolf referred to Joe and Mika as that during her set at the White House Correspondents Dinner in April. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, General Days said:

He tried to end the segment by saying there is no excuse for the Senate judiciary committee and Kavanugh not calling Mark Judge before the committee.

He also said, "They are hiding Mark Judge from the American people. I can assure you, if he had positive things to say about this time period and positive things to say about Brett Kavanaugh's conduct, we already would have heard from him."

Avenatti knows his shit and I'm so glad he shared this with those who watch The View and perhaps don't watch news shows.

- - -

Judge's exact quote (And The Only Thing He Said) to the reporter who tracked him down at a friend's home in Rhode Island:

"How did you find me?"

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 12

I'm sorry,  but would  Whoopi ever consider blaming African slaves for being enslaved and not uprising more? 

Her telling women who were brutally raped to come forward is ridiculously similar to the above; (my mom was raped twice as a young woman at different times in the 1940's and did not come forward).  

Let's have tougher laws and prosecution for rapists and support for victims.  And get those 1000s  backlogs of rape kits tested and processed through stat!!!

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

I'm sorry,  but would  Whoopi ever consider blaming African slaves for being enslaved and not uprising more? 

Her telling women who were brutally raped to come forward is ridiculously similar to the above; (my mom was raped twice as a young woman at different times in the 1940's and did not come forward).  

Let's have tougher laws and prosecution for rapists and support for victims.  And get those 1000s  backlogs of rape kits tested and processed through stat!!!

Im so sorry Tosia.  That is such a brutal experience.  My Grandmother had a similar trauma when she was a teenager back around that same time.  They never prosecuted and nothing would ever been known, but she got pregnant from it.  I cannot believe there is such a backlog in processing rape kits.  That is just shameful. * Hugs *  P.S.  she never got over it, and it literally drove her to madness.

Edited by Tammee
More
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Whoopi sounds like the people who blame Jews for not fighting back against the Nazis in Germany.

It's easy to say what one would do in a situation they have never been in.  

• Love 12

I caught a bit too the show the other day.  Much better with just four.  Abby is just fine even though I don’t agree with some of her opinions.  I wish someone would have stuffed a sock in Kristen Bell’s yap!  I wonder why she would be jealous.  Her Dax is pretty unattractive.   ?

• Love 2

"I think no Senators should've spoken yesterday."

Whoopi, please shut up. It's literally a Senate Hearing. I wanted to hear more from Sunny, a former federal prosecutor who has actually interviewed sexual assault survivors. And no, that prosecutor who questioned Dr. Ford did a terrible job and was trying to trap her but failed miserably. It was almost laughable. Even Republicans cringed.

Also, Abby shut up. It's not both sides - at least yesterday it wasn't. If Dr. Ford had come in there whining, acting hysterically, disrespecting senators and blaming everything on some right-wing conspiracy as Kavenaugh blamed everything on a left-wing conspiracy, your side would be calling her a "snowflake." I cannot believe this unstable man is going to (VERY likely) be sitting on the bench as a lifetime SCOTUS appointee.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 19

Also Abby, please stop asking why Senator Feinstein didn't contact the FBI sooner and implying that she leaked the letter.  She has said - on multiple occasions - the victim requested anonymity.  You can't out a sexual assault victim.  Point blank period!!!  And she said on the record yesterday that neither she, nor her staff, leaked the letter; and the publication confirmed that.  She's a tiny bit better than RBM, but she's definitely sticking to the republican talking points.  While whining about how divisive/ sad politics have become.  Perhaps one could even say "tribal"???  Dear Lord I'm dreading her return.

• Love 19

I wonder if Abby feels like she has to spout party lines, even though she basically admitted that the entire hearing shouldn't have happened and that they should delay the hearing until all of the facts have been investigated by the FBI. I can see that she's torn in a way, but she isn't really articulate or knowledgeable enough to state exactly how she feels. If her dad wasn't in the administration I wonder if her views would be different. I don't know, but I unlike Meghan who would yell and scream her feelings, I feel like Abby is a bit more genuine and that's why her answers are wishy washy and idealistic. It's nice to see her think that the hearing would have a different feel had Ford come on second, but it wouldn't have done a thing at all.

It is funny that both Abby and Meghan have spoken about how things are so tribal and how both sides are acting out, when it's all one side and the side that they're aligned with.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I’m really confused by Abby.  She seems to be on both sides.

I'm just as confused by Whoopi.  She is angry and on the side of women and Professor Ford in this instance, but when it came to her friend, Bill Cosby, she seemed to be on the side of Cosby.  

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I think no Senators should've spoken yesterday."

Whoopi, please shut up. It's literally a Senate Hearing. I wanted to hear more from Sunny, a former federal prosecutor who has actually interviewed sexual assault survivors. And no, that prosecutor who questioned Dr. Ford did a terrible job and was trying to trap her but failed miserably. It was almost laughable. Even Republicans cringed.

I would like to hear what the prosecutor thought about the interview, whether the fact she couldn't find any holes in the story led her to conclude that Dr Ford was credible. 

15 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Like I said last week, she agrees with the last person who spoke. 

America Ferrera is so smart and passionate. She should think about running for office herself.

• Love 10

This hits a little too close to home for me, but please America stop saying that she was questioned by an all WHITE male committee, and Joy said it earlier this week as well. Ted Cruz is Latino. I understand that his complexion is lighter, but please do not erase a person's race, and call them white.

Sorry everyone for the rant, but it's a problem that hits close to home for me.

• Love 4

Pretty good show for the most part.  Ricky is always good.  America is very  articulate. Whoopie needs to shut up a bit.

51 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

A lot of people are able to see both sides

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, SrOfficial said:

Pretty good show for the most part.  Ricky is always good.  America is very  articulate. Whoopie needs to shut up a bit.

A lot of people are able to see both sides

Thanks for the heads up. 

• Love 3

I think Joy Behar is an idiot.  Everything that comes out of her mouth is moronic.  Well, sometimes she’s funny.  But, she makes EVERYTHING about racism, as if she needs to prove she is not.   Methinks she doth protest too much.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Onceafan said:

This hits a little too close to home for me, but please America stop saying that she was questioned by an all WHITE male committee, and Joy said it earlier this week as well. Ted Cruz is Latino. I understand that his complexion is lighter, but please do not erase a person's race, and call them white.

Sorry everyone for the rant, but it's a problem that hits close to home for me.

Ted Cruz is Latino of European descent. Latino is an ethnicity, not a race. You can be Latino and be Black, Asian, e.t.c..

Brazil has the largest Black population outside of Africa.

Brazil also has the largest Japanese population outside of Japan.

People from Argentina identify as White. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ted Cruz is Latino of European descent. Latino is an ethnicity, not a race. You can be Latino and be Black, Asian, e.t.c..

Brazil has the largest Black population outside of Africa.

Brazil also has the largest Japanese population outside of Japan.

People from Argentina identify as White. 

Thats pretty interesting @Apprentice79i always like to learn of the world.  But you stirred up a question i asked as a kid and never really could wrap my head around.  Ok forgive me everyone lol.  Ok, if youre Black/AA, thats considered race.  But the ppl who are Jewish, thats a religion, no?  Judaism.  But i wouldnt necessarily consider it a race?  Is Christianity consider a race?  No, a religion.  Back to the Black/AA, they could also be Christian or Muslim as well!  So thats race and religion.  How do you wrap your mind around it all.  But I like to read socio stats like that, fasciniating.

• Love 4