Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/24/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Sept. 24 
Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

Tuesday, Sept. 25 
The Political View with Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski(“Morning Joe”; Brzezinski’s Book: “Know Your Value: Women, Money, And Getting What You’re Worth”); Taraji P. Henson (“Empire”) 

Wednesday, Sept. 26 
Kristen Bell (“The Good Place”)

Thursday, Sept. 27 
America Ferrera (author “American Like Me” and “Superstore”) 

Friday, Sept. 28
 Ricky Gervais (ABC’s “Child Support”) 

• Love 3

I guess this isn’t like most jobs where an extended absence means your workload is being dumped on your coworkers, but, I think Meghan should resign at this point.  Actually Whoopie did mention on Friday that she doesn’t want to work Fridays.  I hope Meghan is getting the help she needs, but, it’s time for her to go.

• Love 8

Abby doesn't seem shy when it comes to sex topics. So now I'm fully on board with her. She even agreed that there needs to be an investigation...granted, it took another sexual assault victim (allegedly - gotta bring out that Star Jones here)  to come forward, but that's progress! I was worried about how Abby would be, but she's surprised me. Not that I want to pit women against women, but if I were Meghan I'd more afraid of how Abby is doing than anything Ana did during the show. (Imagine Ana coming down on Friday instead of Whoopi. That would be a great group)

• Love 5

I'm thinking even more than when I posted last week that MM's had a breakdown and may well be hospitalized or at least receiving extensive treatment.  You'll notice there has been absolutely no acknowledgment of her...no "Meghan's continuing to visit with her family and will be back soon", and no phone-in or check-in from MM herself.  Her name has barely been mentioned on the show.  Maybe she will resign - maybe this job will just be too overwhelming for her at this point.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I know I’ve mentioned it before, but, Oprah’s View Your Deal guy makes my skin crawl.

I'm so happy that I'm not the only one who feels that about him. It has nothing to do with his obvious gayness, for I, too, am a gay Male (surprise, y'all!) There is just something very creepily robotic about him.

• Love 15

I've noticed on Twitter that Nutmeg is liking posts and retweeting others' posts related to her dad or his particular type of cancer. 

I do find it strange she hasn't resurfaced in order to spew forth her more than two cents worth of misinformation regarding the Kavanaugh debacle. She was beyond thrilled with his nomination.  

Personally, I think she's at some fabulous spa decompressing both emotionally and physically and attempting to get herself back on track. I think she's that self centered and self absorbed.  

Let's face it, I doubt she's at home with her mother packing up things, donating others and doing all the stuff those of us who have lost a parent must attend to. That's why I feel it's now become absurd that she hasn't returned to her duties at The View and it's more annoying considering they insist on including her in the opening each day. 

The show is much better without her and I hope she stays wherever she is indefinitely. 

• Love 17

MM is probably at some fat farm trying to get in shape for all those job offers for her own show she's expecting to come flooding in after her highly touted eulogy.  I hope they do.  Anything to get her off The View so I can watch it without wine at 11 a.m. again.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I believe I read that Meaghan is on an extended leave of absence.  If she has a job that allows it, god bless her.  

Yes.  Wonder why people are bothered with her time off.  I couldn’t care less.  The others seem more at ease.

Edited by SrOfficial
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

MM is probably at some fat farm trying to get in shape for all those job offers for her own show she's expecting to come flooding in after her highly touted eulogy.  I hope they do.  Anything to get her off The View so I can watch it without wine at 11 a.m. again.

She looks fine though? ABC is giving her as much time as she needs, and if I were her I'd take it even if I didn't need it. If your employer offers you time off then you take it. That's what I always say.

• Love 6

I wasn't going to watch this season. Since Meghan is off, I have been watching.

Abby is annoying but not "Meghan/Bitsy annoying". She is basically harmless at this point and I can tune her out.

I almost like it better with four at the table. Joy is seeming more like her old self. The first week, she just didn't seem happy.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

I wasn't going to watch this season. Since Meghan is off, I have been watching.

Abby is annoying but not "Meghan/Bitsy annoying". She is basically harmless at this point and I can tune her out.

I almost like it better with four at the table. Joy is seeming more like her old self. The first week, she just didn't seem happy.

I prefer only four.  Not so much overtalk.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

My husband said the same thing,  totally unsolicited.  I agree, but was trying to be as diplomatic as possible.  You know she's such a narcissist she wouldn't be passing up all of the screen time if it wasn't going to benefit her to do so.  

• Love 7

Sunny looks like the Cowardly Lion in her orange ringlets that shake whenever she talks.

27 minutes ago, SrOfficial said:

I prefer only four.  Not so much overtalk.

Exactly.  5 brings chaos when you have a moderator who cannot moderate.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, JayD83 said:

Only 6 hours of sleep in a 7 day period?  Yeah right, Whoopi.  Nobody believes that. 

I have a SIL who claims she never sleeps. It is probably true that she doesn't get a lot of sleep.  But there are people who think they are not sleeping when they in fact are.  Plus, let's remember that in one of the early years on the show, Whoopi said she never eats.

2 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

I've noticed on Twitter that Nutmeg is liking posts and retweeting others' posts related to her dad or his particular type of cancer. 

I do find it strange she hasn't resurfaced in order to spew forth her more than two cents worth of misinformation regarding the Kavanaugh debacle. She was beyond thrilled with his nomination.  

Personally, I think she's at some fabulous spa decompressing both emotionally and physically and attempting to get herself back on track. I think she's that self centered and self absorbed.  

Let's face it, I doubt she's at home with her mother packing up things, donating others and doing all the stuff those of us who have lost a parent must attend to. That's why I feel it's now become absurd that she hasn't returned to her duties at The View and it's more annoying considering they insist on including her in the opening each day. 

The show is much better without her and I hope she stays wherever she is indefinitely. 

I really wish she had been on these past two weeks.  Would she believe the accusers, like she believed her friend's allegations against Franken?  Or would she defend Kavanaugh?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Sunny looks like the Cowardly Lion in her orange ringlets that shake whenever she talks.

She has too much hair!  She needs to lose the extensions.  I’ll bet she would look great in a shorter style (and different color). ?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, JayD83 said:

Only 6 hours of sleep in a 7 day period?  Yeah right, Whoopi.  Nobody believes that. 

She also likes us to believe she never eats .

Oops, @banana already mentioned the eating part.

She really wants people to think she some kind superhuman compared to us mortals

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 11

I'm not 'bothered' by Meggie's absence; in fact, I am enjoying the hell out of it.  But since this is a snarking site, it only makes sense to bitch about it too. 

I totally agree that having four people at the table is more manageable, plus having the fifth, the troublemaker, away is frosting on the cake.

Love the Cowardly Lion comparison.  There is a resemblance.  Hee. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Tunia said:

I'm thinking even more than when I posted last week that MM's had a breakdown and may well be hospitalized or at least receiving extensive treatment.  You'll notice there has been absolutely no acknowledgment of her...no "Meghan's continuing to visit with her family and will be back soon", and no phone-in or check-in from MM herself.  Her name has barely been mentioned on the show.  Maybe she will resign - maybe this job will just be too overwhelming for her at this point.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe this was her "out" to avoid an unpleasant news cycle about how she was fired. "Poor McCain Leaves The View Because of Grief." Of course, that's trying to look at it with glass half full. Either way we got another week without her unpleasantness, which is wonderful.

What a 180 Abby took today on Kavanaugh, lol. Somebody should've rolled the tape of her attacking Sunny like a dog last week to remind everybody. Joy was the funniest today that she's been in a while.

• Love 10

I enjoy the show without Meghan. Abby is not exciting, but she doesn't want to make me throw something through my TV, either. I'm dreading Meghan's return. I really wish they had chosen somebody with a little pizzazz to her personality, like Ana, but it's so nice to have adults sitting at the table talking.

Abby's hair was distractingly shiny today!

As I've posted here several times before, I was practically catatonic and took a year off after my mom died. I'm self-employed, so it wasn't that I needed permission from my employer. It put me in a financial hole that I'm still recovering from. But I really needed that time. I was talking to my cousin last night, and she told me that she couldn't go back to work for 8 weeks after her father died. She had been his caretaker and just couldn't face things without him. She's not a trust fund baby at all. Very blue collar, lower middle class, lifetime minimum wage earner in a depressed part of the state.

Bottom line, people grieve differently. It helps if you have a lot of money and you don't have to get back to work in a hurry, as is apparently Meghan's situation. But even people like me and my cousin, who both took a bad financial hit, had to take time off our real lives to grieve. You may call it entitled, but I call it necessary.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm starting to wonder if maybe this was her "out" to avoid an unpleasant news cycle about how she was fired. "Poor McCain Leaves The View Because of Grief." Of course, that's trying to look at it with glass half full. Either way we got another week without her unpleasantness, which is wonderful.

I really doubt Meghan would be fired. ABC loves that she keeps them in the news.

May take a while, but she will be back. I'll bet money on that.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 6

Of course MM needs time to grieve.  No question about it.  However, from her tweets, etc. one would think she is the grieving widow.  And another thing I don't get, maybe just me, is how parents and children are "best friends".  I love my children and we get along very well, but, they are not my "best friends".  Is there another meaning?  Even Mr. lookeyloo isn't my best friend.  I have a best friend and she knows who she is.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Even Mr. lookeyloo isn't my best friend.

Yeah, I don't get "I married my best friend" - icky.  Some parents want to be their kids best friends.  I like to think my kids can come to me with anything, but "best friends" - I'm a parent.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, SrOfficial said:

Yeah, I don't get "I married my best friend" - icky.  Some parents want to be their kids best friends.  I like to think my kids can come to me with anything, but "best friends" - I'm a parent.

Funny, my daughter saw a post of a middle age couple and the wife said "married to my best friend" DD18 asked me if I would ever post something like that, I said "no, I have real best friends, from grade school too, mind you"  Been married for 24 years and counting....

TOPIC:  I don't seem to notice or be bothered by Abby's shiny hair, am I missing something?  

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Of course MM needs time to grieve.  No question about it.  However, from her tweets, etc. one would think she is the grieving widow.  And another thing I don't get, maybe just me, is how parents and children are "best friends".  I love my children and we get along very well, but, they are not my "best friends".  Is there another meaning?  Even Mr. lookeyloo isn't my best friend.  I have a best friend and she knows who she is.

I don't know how Meghan acts in private but publicly she does seem to act like she is her dad's chief grief stricken family member.

I don't begrudge her time off to deal with her grief but I wonder if she realizes how lucky she is to be afforded that.  Her tribe always votes against family leave so most people can't financially afford to take weeks off to deal with a family member dying.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't begrudge her time off to deal with her grief but I wonder if she realizes how lucky she is to be afforded that.  Her tribe always votes against family leave so most people can't financially afford to take weeks off to deal with a family member dying.

Her tribe is against policies that would help them. I will never understand them. They let themselves be controlled by people who cannot relate to them at all. Megan feels the need to explain middle America and she has nothing in common with them. If I was a member of her tribe, I would be highly offended that a trust fund baby is speaking about my daily struggles.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16

Abby's eye makeup is really distracting-- the white liner under her eyes and the black liner in her upper lids extending half way to her hairline  

She kind of blows like the wind, doesn't she?, agreeing with whoever spoke last. I can't tell day to day what her position is on issues. 

• Love 9

I agree with Sunny - so Kavanaugh can sit down with someone on Fox and answer (re: not really answer) soft-ball questions but he just can't be bothered with speaking to the FBI? That's rich of him. And that interview will not age well, at all.

And what the heck is up with his voice? 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I agree with Sunny - so Kavenaugh can sit down with someone on Fox and answer (re: not really answer) soft-ball questions but he just can't be bothered with speaking to the FBI? That's rich of him. And that interview will not age well, at all.

And what the heck is up with his voice? 

The dynamic between Kavanaugh and his wife is very interesting. I implore you guys to watch it. She knows who she is married to..

• Love 10

I don't like to doubt people's virginity. But it seems like unless there's a religious reason behind it, most tend to get into that lifestyle during college especially if you are a hard drinker. A former girlfriend of Kavanaugh can come out and say that they had sex and now that blows this claim out of the water. Or he might be those 'technical' virgins who believe that you can do anything expect vaginal sex.

• Love 3