Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E38: Live Eviction #14

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

I couldn't help wondering how sincere Angela's declaration of love are......she knows that some BB couples have managed to make money after the game.  Amazing Race, being called back a lot.  I think Tyler's love is sincere but I just wonder if there is an element of calculation in Angela's.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, watch2much said:

I couldn't help wondering how sincere Angela's declaration of love are......she knows that some BB couples have managed to make money after the game.  Amazing Race, being called back a lot.  I think Tyler's love is sincere but I just wonder if there is an element of calculation in Angela's.

I honestly don't think she's that desperate or hard-up for money. I just think she legitimately fell for him (to my chagrin cause I think she can do better).

• Love 3

I'm assuming JC is a cert for final 2 now,

I thought Angela would probably be more disliked in the jury house than Tyler so I didn't really understand why KC didn't evict Tyler.  Final 2 deals only mean something while they are more useful than going with someone else.  Maybe KC would beat Tyler anyway, but I disagreed with the decision.  Maybe she even thought it was irrelevant as she has to win final HoH anyway, on balance she might have thought Angela would be a stronger competitor than Tyler when it came to the final HoH.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

I thought Angela would probably be more disliked in the jury house than Tyler so I didn't really understand why KC didn't evict Tyler.

Kaycee is really nothing more than a team player/a loyal member of an alliance. There's nothing strategic about her.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Kaycee is really nothing more than a team player/a loyal member of an alliance. There's nothing strategic about her.

But that in itself is strategic ironically because a lot of juries over the years on both BB and Survivor vote for the person who has been loyal throughout and honored their pacts with others.  The jury members then say to themselves that the player wasn't a backstabber but was playing with "integrity" and without betrayal.  Never underestimate the "integrity card" in these two games.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, green said:

But that in itself is strategic ironically because a lot of juries over the years on both BB and Survivor vote for the person who has been loyal throughout and honored their pacts with others.  

If she was doing it for this purpose, yea, but she wasn't. Kaycee isn't strategic. There's really nothing wrong with it, it just is what it is.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Oh well...I wanted a JC and Angela final two just so EVERYONE"s head would EXPLODE at such a woeful choice.

JC definitely wanted Angela out but maybe if he had any very very slim chance of winning it might v her? 

12 hours ago, Eolivet said:

We've seen social game seasons, where comps become less important because it's all about relationships and people who can be manipulated into doing things. This was a comp season more than any other, and I think that's why for me (for you) it was less exciting than others. If I wanted to see people win competitions, I'd turn on a sporting event. I watch this game for the social experiment factor, and when the social experiment becomes "If you cannot win comps, you cannot even talk yourself into staying in this house" ... I have less of a rooting interest in that type of game.

Big Brother has never really been like Survivor at the very least since I started watching (Rachel's winning season onwards), the alliances tend to be much more stable, which I always think makes it less exciting as a spectacle.  The viewing figures reflect that as well I'm sure.

With America's Favourite Houseguest I expect Tyler is the winner, his edit has been positive throughout.

• Love 2

I would've liked to have seen a longer interview with Angela. Julie ripped her in the press earlier in the season for being a mean girl in her goodbye messages. But Angela was too busy awkwardly hugging and telling everyone how much she loved them for what felt like an eternity. Just fucking leave.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

How does that troll, JC, who hasn't won one thing, not an HOH, a veto--nothing! make it into the Final 3 when he's done nothing but talk smack all summer long. That, and sexually harass the other house guests. He won all of one competition and there he sits. He deserves to be kicked out and here he is with a Final 3.

They could have, and should have, voted him out right away for their own sanity if nothing else.  They brought the goat to the end and the goat jumped the fence and won something.

3 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Kaycee didn't play in a veto until week 6. LV6 could have easily been decimated had FOUTTE had any strategy. Things could have been totally different if Kaitlyn didn't put up Swaggy or FOUTTE opted to evict Hayleigh, who could have easily put together the puzzle Kaitlyn messed up and kept both of them in the game. If Rockstar hadn't told Tyler about his incorrect OTEV answer she wouldn't have been evicted that week. FOUTTE made a bunch of errors that allowed LV6 to dominate. 

Exactly!  Fessy gonna Fess and the rest of them are no better.  Rockstar telling Tyler the answer in OTEV will be playing FOREVER.  I could not believe she said he should take her off the block. Ha ha ha ha.  Had Sam even watched a couple of seasons she would have been better prepared.  I know she was not part of FOUTTE but she could have aligned with them if she knew that alliances were a "thing" in BB.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, watch2much said:

She seems more reserved than calculating to me. She may be comfortable enough in front of a camera, but expressing herself like that? Nope.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

I'm assuming JC is a cert for final 2 now,

I thought Angela would probably be more disliked in the jury house than Tyler so I didn't really understand why KC didn't evict Tyler.  Final 2 deals only mean something while they are more useful than going with someone else.  Maybe KC would beat Tyler anyway, but I disagreed with the decision.  Maybe she even thought it was irrelevant as she has to win final HoH anyway, on balance she might have thought Angela would be a stronger competitor than Tyler when it came to the final HoH.

But is anyone in the JH really talking about Angela? They're certainly talking about Tyler. "I had a final two with Tyler". "What??? *I* had a final two with Tyler." I can see the jury being a lot more petty and bitter about him, because they thought he was their BFF and they were going to the end together. Angela was just a stone cold bitch, who people didn't necessarily like. But I don't know if anyone really feels betrayed by her. 

We shall see. It always depends on how the jury votes. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, green said:

If misting is the name of the game then what is wrong with it.  Again, it is a game.  This is how you play the game.  Just like bluffing and deceiving is part of poker and stealing bases is part of baseball.  Does anyone think Ricky Henderson is busy stealing stuff from Walmart these days?

Misting is fine for the game of BB (in Survivor and BB I prefer those who Outwit...I love the gamers which is why Tyler is my #1). It's a game for a prize. It's not the Bachelor or Love Connection. I'd think any showmance would have some trouble with trust as it's the nature of the beast. At any rate, it would be even more difficult with certain types...like Tyler or Paul or Dr Will and Boogie.....

And it's not even comparable to baseball or poker. Don't think in those a guy would be all cheesy sweet and tossing the hair while shirtless and protesting love and whispering sweet nothings to win a hand or steal a base. I don't think Tyler did it for game play but, shoot, maybe he did. He sure had Sam, JC, Bret and Kaycee all in on him being their ride or die. I'm just saying if I were Angela I would be wondering.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 2

I tuned out of this season awhile back and I'm just stepping back for the final live shows. Wanted to see Brett walk into the Jury house and, while I admit Rockstar isn't the most reliable witness, I have to agree with her assessment that this guy is just one giant douche. I've thought so for awhile and his defenders think he's only playing a character at the prompting of producers but I can't see him maintaining that for the jury house. I suppose he could be angling for a "villain you love to hate" persona in hopes of return visits but frankly I don't think he's that good of an actor. He just started getting more and more cocky the further he got in the game and I think this is who he really is.

Come to think of it, he (JC) does kind of remind me of Stewie Griffin.

I can't be the only one who is kind of repulsed by him and his pudgy, hairless little body. He's like that dancing baby from Ally McBeal. Just creepy.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I can't be the only one who is kind of repulsed by him and his pudgy, hairless little body. He's like that dancing baby from Ally McBeal. Just creepy.

OMG THIS ^^^ is what I have been trying to think of.  I was all - I swear this guy reminds me of something I've seen before.  I was starting to think I had a repressed, recurring nightmare starring this little troll.

And to see him covered in whipped cream during the food fight was literally the stuff of nightmares.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Rockstar seemed to be leaning extra hard into her affected blaccent and production was all over it. Meh.

I know!  I was actually thinking how much better she looked in general and then she opened her mouth and it all came back why I found her so distasteful in the house.  Apparently it had nothing to do with her looks and everything to do with how she chooses to express herself.

I can't say I'm sorry to see Angela go.  She really is a fortress when it comes to her emotions.  She held it together  well for her interview.  While I believe she meant the things she said about understanding and continuing her house friendships, she did seem to be seething a little on the inside.  

Edited by leocadia
too many reallys
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, leocadia said:

I know!  I was actually thinking how much better she looked in general and then she opened her mouth and it all came back why I found her so distasteful in the house.  Apparently it had nothing to do with her looks and everything to do with how she chooses to express herself.

Yup - and why the monkeyfuck was Pinky getting the majority of the TH clips in the JH???  Pinky’s eviction wishes are absolutely one of the LAST things I want to hear about.  Major Fail, Production.  :P

1 minute ago, icemiser69 said:

I have seen some female poker players wear clothing that left very little to the imagination.  In some cases, their boobs were practically on full display.

Pure distraction strategy - and what the hey, sometimes it works.  ;>

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

How does that troll, JC, who hasn't won one thing, not an HOH, a veto--nothing! make it into the Final 3 when he's done nothing but talk smack all summer long.

It was BB karma for Angela making an emotional decision to evict Sam instead.

LOL at the veto players having to hang their own X's when they lost a round. Production couldn't afford to do a couple of red lights? I know I've seen the playing boards before, so there was no real expense there. BTW, I noticed that Julie partly spoiled the results of the comp by saying that the winner would choose who went to F3; if JC had won, Kaycee would have been the sole vote, so we knew he wasn't the winner.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Is it possible for the same person to win Big Brother and America's Favorite Houseguest?  Has it ever happened?

If it is possible, I would think Kaycee could have a decent chance of winning them both.

According to Allison Grodner, the winner is eligible to win AFP. 

I don't think Kaycee has a shot in hell though. She was literally not even in the first like 20 eps lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, mooses said:

Bayleigh in Jury House was surprisingly ridiculous. She still blames everyone else for her demise? That's why, when you get a self-aware HG like Haleigh or Kaitlyn, it's so refreshing. I'd give her a lot more credit if she could laugh at how ridiculous FOUETTE was, and admit that she was a part of it. After the Battle Back, I thought she had a little more self awareness (pointing out that the whole Hive was there), but I was wrong.

Also, did Scottie really not get that Tyler never had his back until Brett/Sam revealed their F2 deals with him? He is hopeless.

Bayleigh  and Swaggy deserve each other.   

• Love 2