Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E08: Here Comes Kitty

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I think there is truth in a legacy being more committed to, and devoting more of her time to the DCC but if you’re taking Legacies just because of history and tradition then you can’t call yourself a World-class organization  

Nobody is inviting Michael Phelps’ son to the Olympics just because his dad was such a standout athlete. 

• Love 8

I don’t think legacies in itself is the question. The question is taking a girl who is unqualified, ignoring legitimate criticism and giving her many chances other girls don’t get. If anything Victoria should be a mature leader and support for her teammates because of her years of familiarity. Instead she’s a sloppy, selfish mess getting chances she doesn’t deserve, based on her own performance,  because her mom is Kelli’s friend and I guess Kitty’s as well.

If Victoria was anything like she should have been, she would have been fine.

But she wasn’t. She was sure she was on the team and rather than being her best, she was just incredibly immature and unprofessional.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I hope she's an excessive sweater to be drinking that much.  Water toxicity is a real thing and if your urine is clear, you need to back off. 

While I agree that hydrating is important, especially for anyone like TCC or athletes who are working out and sweating a lot, I totally agree that they need to be aware of the dangers of water toxicity. I remember there was a story about a college student who died from drinking too much water maybe 10 years ago? I don't remember the details, but after the story came out I remember people talking about how they thought water was a harmless liquid and they didn't know there was such a thing as too much water. Since a lot of girls use water to help them diet/lose weight, it's especially important to know about this. Now that Kelli and Judy are officially saying that they want the girls to lose weight safely, I wouldn't want any of them to start chugging water in the hopes of losing an extra few ounces and accidentally harming themselves.

• Love 2

Dayton is going to be working for Royal Caribbean.  I don't know what ship she will be on, but it will be one of the mega ones.  She could well have one of the lead dancer slots in the shows.  RCL entertainment is considered the very BEST of all cruise lines.  I cruise this line exclusively.   Among cruisers, if you are interested in entertainment, you go with RCL.  She will not be a "worker."  She may do a few other things (sometimes they have salsa lessons, etc.) but she will not be cleaning cabins or serving food or drinks, or wandering around trying to help guests.  She will be considered one of the elite among employees.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

While I agree that hydrating is important, especially for anyone like TCC or athletes who are working out and sweating a lot, I totally agree that they need to be aware of the dangers of water toxicity. I remember there was a story about a college student who died from drinking too much water maybe 10 years ago? I don't remember the details, but after the story came out I remember people talking about how they thought water was a harmless liquid and they didn't know there was such a thing as too much water. Since a lot of girls use water to help them diet/lose weight, it's especially important to know about this. Now that Kelli and Judy are officially saying that they want the girls to lose weight safely, I wouldn't want any of them to start chugging water in the hopes of losing an extra few ounces and accidentally harming themselves.

I remember one gal who died - it was a radio contest in Sacramento.  They had to drink so much water, couldn't take their hands off of a car to go to the bathroom.  

I think the girls drink a lot of water simply because of their workouts, practice and there are no calories.  I remember at Valley Ranch when they were told to drink water and they all shared two fountains.  I would hope that's different here.

2 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Dayton is going to be working for Royal Caribbean.  I don't know what ship she will be on, but it will be one of the mega ones.  She could well have one of the lead dancer slots in the shows.  RCL entertainment is considered the very BEST of all cruise lines.  I cruise this line exclusively.   Among cruisers, if you are interested in entertainment, you go with RCL.  She will not be a "worker."  She may do a few other things (sometimes they have salsa lessons, etc.) but she will not be cleaning cabins or serving food or drinks, or wandering around trying to help guests.  She will be considered one of the elite among employees.

I think she will have a blast!!!

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

water intoxication and death is rare and generally only becomes a real problem when the person drink a lot over a very short time. I drink a gallon a day, every day, but it's spread over the whole day and I make sure to ensure my electrolyte balance is good. If Jinelle were drinking all that at once it's an issue, but she doesn't, it'll be spread over a day, one likely involving a lot of cardio and in a hot climate. I do 1.5hours hard cardio a day and have severe dry mouth which is why I drink as much as I do. during my workout I add an electrolyte tablet to my water as Im drinking more over a short period, but still not nearly enough to kill me or hurt me.  dehdration is a far, far more common issue than over.

• Love 3

I'm brand new to this discussion board. I searched on Google for a forum to vent because I was so irritated from this most recent episode. I do not know whether or not Dayton deserves to make the team. She may not be in the top 36. But, I certainly do know that if Victoria gained 11 pounds in five weeks of training camp, then she doesn't deserve "more time" anymore than Dayton would deserve "more time." Each pound is 3,500. That means for Victoria to gain 11 pounds in training camp, then she ate an EXCESS of 38,500 calories more than she burned during five weeks. That shows absolutely zero effort. Is she actually related to Kitty Carter somehow because the woman who usually brags about being brutally honest was suddenly treating a candidate with kid gloves.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, JohnGalt said:

Cruise ship performing varies from person to person. I have a lot of friends who have done it and loved it, and a couple who did it and hated it. It’s more of a stepping stone than a long term plan (for most). A good friend of mine was scouted on a cruise ship and landed himself a spot on the national tour of “American Idiot.” Consequently he has been on Broadway. One thing can lead to another.

My cousin was a dancer on a cruise ship twice.  I think the first time was way more of a grind than the 2nd time.  The second time, the costumes and wigs were made for the dancers (rather than altering costumes made for other people), and she didn't have any port duties.  The first time she had port duties.  I think she had a lot of fun, though.  I'm not sure if having done it has done anything for her, job-wise.  She has been teaching dance some.

17 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I'm brand new to this discussion board. I searched on Google for a forum to vent because I was so irritated from this most recent episode. I do not know whether or not Dayton deserves to make the team. She may not be in the top 36. But, I certainly do know that if Victoria gained 11 pounds in five weeks of training camp, then she doesn't deserve "more time" anymore than Dayton would deserve "more time." Each pound is 3,500. That means for Victoria to gain 11 pounds in training camp, then she ate an EXCESS of 38,500 calories more than she burned during five weeks. That shows absolutely zero effort. Is she actually related to Kitty Carter somehow because the woman who usually brags about being brutally honest was suddenly treating a candidate with kid gloves.

it's been about 7-8 weeks over which she gained the weight as its from audition rather than the start of training camp, but it's still an unhealthy amount to gain in such a short time for anyone unless there's a health issue, of which she'd have proof. its in excess of a pound a week, and unless there's a health issue (which should probably be disclosed to her employer if it has the capacity to affect her job performance and not fitting into her uniform is that, especially if you've been told repeatedly that this is a worry for them in you being top 36.. like it or not, a dancer's body and looks is a part of their job performance) something that would concern most people.  I've heard some rumours about her weight and i'm really curious to see if they're true and if so if its something that'll be shown on the show or not.

also...don't the girls get weighed weekly? why do they always try to make it sound like it's a shock that a girl#s weight has changed? like 'we just checked it' or the like (and not just VK but pretty much any girl brought into TC) because someone has to be updating that file weekly. those 11 pounds, some had to be on her since auditions, so they'd know week 1 she wsa heavier - which we know they did because she was told she was in her first/second office visit, and then every subsequent week thereafter, but suddenly it's 'crept' up on her? they had to have known she had a trend of gaining weight but don't say anything again for a few weeks?

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, JunebugTx said:

My cousin was a dancer on a cruise ship twice.  I think the first time was way more of a grind than the 2nd time.  The second time, the costumes and wigs were made for the dancers (rather than altering costumes made for other people), and she didn't have any port duties.  The first time she had port duties.  I think she had a lot of fun, though.  I'm not sure if having done it has done anything for her, job-wise.  She has been teaching dance some.

Whether it leads to another dancing job or not, she will still have a blast, travel, meet new people, have new experiences.  But I would say she comes back with more confidence and ready to try New York, if that is what she wants.  Maybe she will try out again - who knows.  Maybe she will continue on the ship going to new countries.  She's only 21.  And I'm sure her parents won't mind taking more cruises:)

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:

For the record, water intoxication would involve drinking much more than Jinelle is talking about and in a much shorter period of time. It’s safe to drink up to 33 ounces of water an hour, which comes out to over 3 gallons stretched out over twelve hours. 1.6 gallons of water stretched out over a day isn’t going to kill anyone unless they’re taking excessive amounts of MDMA, which is linked to hyponatremia.

She’s probably drinking around 16 ounces of water an hour, which is perfectly safe. I do about the same to be honest. I have a 64 ounce Yeti that gets filled up multiple times a day.

exactly. water intoxication is rare

• Love 1

Does anyone else get the feeling that the admin got nervous about the possibility of two legacies on the team at the same time and therefore chose one to promote and one to be harsher too long before TC?  The favouritism, the bias, it just makes me think that for whatever reason, Kelli (and Charlotte) decided VK was the horse to back and she was going to make the team come hell or high water, and therefore Dayton had to be the one that got the 'you won't make this team just because of who your mother is' speeches to try and mitigate and talk of nepotism. because if so, wowzah, did that ever backfire.  week after week I can feel the respect i had for Kelli as a Director slipping down another notch.  If they wer hoping this years season would get the viewers to forget about last, they doing a terrible job.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Does anyone else get the feeling that the admin got nervous about the possibility of two legacies on the team at the same time and therefore chose one to promote and one to be harsher too long before TC?  The favouritism, the bias, it just makes me think that for whatever reason, Kelli (and Charlotte) decided VK was the horse to back and she was going to make the team come hell or high water, and therefore Dayton had to be the one that got the 'you won't make this team just because of who your mother is' speeches to try and mitigate and talk of nepotism. because if so, wowzah, did that ever backfire.  week after week I can feel the respect i had for Kelli as a Director slipping down another notch.  If they wer hoping this years season would get the viewers to forget about last, they doing a terrible job.

That was mentioned on the other thread as being a possibility.  And we are hoping that in 18-20 years, all the DCC babies try out and we have 10-15 legacies on the team cause they all deserve it!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

That was mentioned on the other thread as being a possibility.  And we are hoping that in 18-20 years, all the DCC babies try out and we have 10-15 legacies on the team cause they all deserve it!

they should be given the respect to make the team because they've been in the program, so of course they deserve it

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I can see it. 

Dayton got a fairly negative edit after last year. She appeared aloof, unprepared and winging it. And from what I've seen within the forum and in other SM places, she is constantly lambasted for it. It didn't matter that she'd been taking prep power courses all year or that she planned and prepared for this year, she's still the girl who's only there for her mom, doesn't want this and is still as unprepared as her bad interview. 

I think Vicky was type-cast as the all-American over eager 18 year old who wanted to grow up and be just like her mom. And unlike Dayton who has said, on multiple occasions, that she doesn't want to get anything because of her mom, Vicky has flat out said she wanted to expand on her mom's legacy. 

They backed the wrong horse, imo, because of who Vicky is. While she's pretty and blonde and a trained dancer (notice I didn't say great) she's also immature, undisciplined, unprofessional 18 year old with a weight problem. And while this show has tried to lessen the weight side of things, for long time viewers, the ignoring 11 lbs is just flat out unheard of. Everything is so glaring obvious at the favoritism...we knew Cassie got favorable treatment and bennies because of her mom, but we didn't SEE it every single episode which made her tolerable. With Vicky we not only expected it and know it, we now have to SEE it at the expense of the other 14 TCC's. 

And that just isn't fun to watch. 

• Love 13
On 9/20/2018 at 11:10 PM, Lexusprincess said:

Still crying over Dayton's cut.  Judy crying was great insight to her true feelings on this cut.  Others are struggling with the choreography.  Dayton lights up when she smiles and looks great. There are times she is really rocking it that they don't focus on.   In my opinion, Victoria with her 11 pound weight gain should have gone home.  Kitty is talking about Tara.......Tara gained 10 pounds on a much smaller body to begin with. Victoria was soft when she was at auditions and now looks bad and heavy in a non DCC world.  Her dancing is out of control.  Kitty and Kelli's bias is so obvious.  They are blind to Victoria and might as well give her a pacifier. 

Victoria and Malena and Kristen i would have sent home over Dayton.   I do not understand why Malena who got benched for a less demanding NFL team because of her problems with choreography keeps getting a pass.  Malena is very inconsistent.  In fairness to her, they should have cut her a while ago so she would have kept her job.  

I also think Malena is just as bad, if not worse, than Dayton. I don't see what some of the guest choreographers see in her. I can't comment on Victoria's dance because they rarely show much of her dancing, only her non-stop babbling about herself. I do think she's too jiggly to be in the uniform. I also think that the reason we don't see her dancing on camera they way they focus on some of the others is because they don't want us to see if she's not performing well, because then we would have more ammunition to say that she's only there because she's Kelli's best friend's daughter. Anyway, based on clips they have shown, I can see why they cut Dayton, but it was heartbreaking. She seems very young, still, so hopefully another year will give her more poise and confidence. But if it's a matter of remembering the choreography, Malena is just as lost. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

So unnecessary. Kelli could have called you and said "look - i'm sorry, this is the way it is but I wanted to do you the courtesy of giving you a heads up."

Just putting to rest discussions of ...”they could have/should have discussed prior, or any discussions prior would have been unfair, blah blah blah”. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ShellyB said:

Her ship is one of the smaller ones in the fleet, but has more exotic cruises....she’ll be in the Douth Pacific , Indian Ocean, Mediterranean and Norwegian Sea, same contract Hannah West had prior to DCC. On many of the RCL ships, dancers have a “day job”, but not on her ship. She has been cast in 3 shows on her ship, she’s a lead in two and a swing in the third. 

8 months sailing...9 1/2 months including the training. 

Best wishes to her. It sounds like an exciting adventure.  To be that young again... I hope she has a blast.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, ShellyB said:

Her ship is one of the smaller ones in the fleet, but has more exotic cruises....she’ll be in the Douth Pacific , Indian Ocean, Mediterranean and Norwegian Sea, same contract Hannah West had prior to DCC. On many of the RCL ships, dancers have a “day job”, but not on her ship. She has been cast in 3 shows on her ship, she’s a lead in two and a swing in the third. 

The lead!!!  Awesome:)  I hope she knows she has a lot of us pulling for her and wishing her the best of luck!!!!!!!

• Love 13

For my other android post, and if someone can eliminate it, then great. (This forum is BAD for editing and getting rid of quotes from posts)

Congrats to Dayton for getting the cruise ship gig! Any experience is good experience. I hope she tries out for DCC again. I'm not sure its her thing, but I think she can learn to have more power and pop, and to project more. Learning choreography quickly may be a struggle, but she can learn that with practice.

I don't think Kelli was harsh with Dayton or Brennan. Despite many looking down on cheerleaders as being a professional dance gig, it is.  I know its cliche, but the situation with Dayton wasn't personal, it was professional, and I think Kelli worked hard to keep it professional without breaking down and crying on camera … though she probably did later. She has to evaluate Dayton AND Victoria as fairly as possible, just like any other candidate. And because there is a history, that isn't easy.

In reality, VK has more pop and power in her dancing than Dayton. That DOESN'T make Dayton a poor dancer - it makes her dance style DIFFERENT from DCC, thus it looks like it may be tougher for Dayton to get the style. Plus Dayton's personality appears more reserved than Victoria's, so projecting that needed brightness with the requisite bright smile is more difficult. Again, things she can learn should she want to. But at the moment of Dayton's cut, VK seemed to have a better handle on the DCC style, power and smile.  But I'm so glad Dayton is getting some exotic travel and dance experiences. How terrific!

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

In reality, VK has more pop and power in her dancing than Dayton. That DOESN'T make Dayton a poor dancer - it makes her dance style DIFFERENT from DCC, thus it looks like it may be tougher for Dayton to get the style. Plus Dayton's personality appears more reserved than Victoria's, so projecting that needed brightness with the requisite bright smile is more difficult. Again, things she can learn should she want to. But at the moment of Dayton's cut, VK seemed to have a better handle on the DCC style, power and smile.  But I'm so glad Dayton is getting some exotic travel and dance experiences. How terrific!

With more time, I think Dayton could have gotten a better handle on style and memory. Versus a dancer like Malena who lacks training. If I were to put my faith in either to come through in the end, the better trained dancer is Dayton. My cut, for dancing sake, would have been Malena. 

Now weight is a whole other beast, there is not enough time left for Vicky to get down to the DCC standard in a safe or sane way. This was not the first time weight was brought up and handfuls of girls have been cut for far less. For weight, I would have cut Vicky. 

But, Malena and Vicky fit the current story line and for that, I think that is why they both continue to be saved. If they make it in the end, I'll be pitchfork ready.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Her ship is one of the smaller ones in the fleet, but has more exotic cruises....she’ll be in the South Pacific , Indian Ocean, Mediterranean and Norwegian Sea, same contract Hannah West had prior to DCC. On many of the RCL ships, dancers have a “day job”, but not on her ship. She has been cast in 3 shows on her ship, she’s a lead in two and a swing in the third. 

She really hit the jackpot in terms of first contracts! So great to start out going to such exotic and wonderful places, especially with no cruise duties.(very rare for the dancers!) It is also much nicer to be on a smaller ship. I was very lucky to be lead singer on two separate small luxury lines but still didn’t get to go to the South Pacific! 

Also so nice that her ship will reposition several times, it helps to have variety to stave off homesickness. Most first timers get stuck with 6 months of Caribbean cruises, which while lovely, can start to get old unless you REALLY like the beach.

Wishing her all the best -and remind her while she packs that they have stores where she is going;-). I wasted lots of suitcase space with items like shampoo and toothpaste that could easily be purchased- even in Japan and Hong Kong.

16 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

• Love 5
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Victoria may have power, but if I'm using my dance terms correctly - she needs more control.  She can't be all over the place.

Victoria could be the first DCC to move 5 yards in an 8 count during a dance.  Most girls reserve that for traveling down the field. Now that’s a legacy! ????????

• Love 7
10 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Welcome. I’m glad you found this site. Some of us have been watching and discussing the show for years. New posters are always welcome!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, ShellyB said:

I was not there that day, nor were there any discussions...before or after. 

Ok, people think this is weird, right? Shelly is involved with the team — heavily as we saw last season. She seems to see the girls practice more than Kelli and Judy do. And yet there is no discussion with her about cuts?

It’s not special treatment — it’s just that it is become more and more clear Kelli is a shittt manager.

• Love 1

OK, after various sites kept playing me episode 7 I FINALLY managed to see episode 8. 

Everything just seems inconsistent at the moment. I'm not saying Dayton's cut was underserved, she clearly had some memory mistakes and we've seen through past series that girls who have memory mistakes early on are unlikely to make it, however for her to be cut before people who IMHO were struggling more, e.g. Malena with memory, Kristin, VK with her weight... just didn't seem fair. I get not wanting to drag the process out and if they had decided she wasn't going to make the squad this year it was kinder to cut her earlier rather than letting her get closer, but I just didn't think she was the worst one there. 

Kitty seems to have it in for Tara. She really didn't like her last year and that seems to have carried over. As Nick said, hair can be fixed. Kitty defending VK was also ridiculous. Why does she deserve more respect? If she's been in the programme since she was 10 shouldn't she have a clearer idea than most about the standard that is expected? She's also not someone who has movd states and left family behind to pursue this, so she's already got a head start on some, why should she be given more of an advantage and be given time to get the weight off? 

I've never seen Judy so upset over a cut. I also think that's the most emotion we've seen from her this season. She's been so quiet. 

On a more positive note, loved the Texan team bonding! And normally I don't like the guest choreographers, but Nick Flores is brilliant. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Her ship is one of the smaller ones in the fleet, but has more exotic cruises....she’ll be in the South Pacific , Indian Ocean, Mediterranean and Norwegian Sea, same contract Hannah West had prior to DCC. On many of the RCL ships, dancers have a “day job”, but not on her ship. She has been cast in 3 shows on her ship, she’s a lead in two and a swing in the third. 

Best wishes to her! I hope she has a great time, makes some wonderful memories, learns a lot, and just has the best experience she can!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DocBrown said:

Kitty defending VK was also ridiculous. Why does she deserve more respect? If she's been in the programme since she was 10 shouldn't she have a clearer idea than most about the standard that is expected? She's also not someone who has movd states and left family behind to pursue this, so she's already got a head start on some, why should she be given more of an advantage and be given time to get the weight off? 

This!  I know most people here don’t love Malena but I can understand giving someone the benefit of more time if they just quit a coveted job for this rediculous 12 week training program. But Victoria?!  They don’t even give the benefit to 3 year veterans who have already successfully showed their skills on the team. So why give this benefit to a rookie?  And one that they know has had years (decades!) of preparation, and has seemingly unlimited financial backing for this journey as well. 

There are countless girls who sleep on sofas or room with other strangers just for the opportunity to learn the dances and who miss other dance auditions by devoting their summer to this program. Victoria is not one who deserves our sympathy or any sort of special “respect”

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Stee said:

This!  I know most people here don’t love Malena but I can understand giving someone the benefit of more time if they just quit a coveted job for this rediculous 12 week training program. But Victoria?!  They don’t even give the benefit to 3 year veterans who have already successfully showed their skills on the team. So why give this benefit to a rookie?  And one that they know has had years (decades!) of preparation, and has seemingly unlimited financial backing for this journey as well. 

There are countless girls who sleep on sofas or room with other strangers just for the opportunity to learn the dances and who miss other dance auditions by devoting their summer to this program. Victoria is not one who deserves our sympathy or any sort of special “respect”

Exactly! Stating that she's been in the program 8 years is NOT a defence, it actually makes it worse. It means that in those 8 years she's not absorbed anything about the expectations the DCC has for their dancers in terms of their figures. It demonstrates a lack of respect on her part for the organisation that she doesn't audition in the best shape and then gains 11 pounds in less than 8 weeks despite being warned at least twice that seh was gaining weight. even without warnings, you don't gain over a pound a week without noticing even if you don't weight yourself and Im pretty sure even if she's not weighing herself at home (doubtful) the girls are weighed at least weekly at TC.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DocBrown said:

Kitty defending VK was also ridiculous. Why does she deserve more respect? If she's been in the programme since she was 10 shouldn't she have a clearer idea than most about the standard that is expected?

That whole thing about being "in the program" completely confuses me. The current Junior DCC program is for kids aged 5-12. It's a weekly, fun, non-competitive pom class with a few performances in a cute costume.  It's not like this is a rigorous training program to prepare young women to make the team/be successful on the team. Unless the program was different when Victoria was in it, it seems completely irrelevant to becoming a DCC as an adult, and Victoria would have aged out of it six years before auditioning for the team.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, ShellyB said:

This sound amazing!  Congratulation on not only getting the job, but getting that kind of contract.  She's going to have SO much fun and learn so much, not just about the world, but about dance and herself, on a cruise like this.  I hope she enjoys herself immensely.

• Love 1

At the end of the day, if any other TCC or VC looked like this at TC, they'd be cut.

vlcsnap-2018-09-23-18h16m12s353.png.a5e47bf06c347ee16cacef8df1e4c526.pngvlcsnap-2018-09-23-18h16m01s739.png.0d22f3509e83ad917298c4dadbf0d00a.pngvlcsnap-2018-09-23-18h16m31s747.png.89d1a615c54ce478c45eff50a56e1fb2.png

We've seen them cut girls for less than this. we've seen veterans ripped apart when seen on the jumbo screen for less weight gain than this.  They'd not be given the 'respect' to lose it. I've never seen anyone given more than about one warning to lose weight, shown not only no progress but instead increased gains, still remain on the team.  the bias is real

Now, do I feel dirty for pointing out the 'imperfections' of an otherwise very slim 18 year old girl? Absolutely I do. But at the end of the day, fact of the matter is, a part of her job is maintaining a certain look and if she can't fit into her training uniform, she won't fit into her smaller performance uniform.

• Love 11

I also couldn't get over Kitty arguing that VK should be given the respect to get weight off, but was saying she thought Tara's look was disrespectful. 

I'm sorry, why is a vet who has proved herself over the previous year and clearly just needs a lift with her hair (and perhaps to go easy on the dodgy spray tans!) disrespectful, while a rookie who was called in for effectively sulking because she didn't make show group, as well as carrying some extra pounds should be given time to get the weight off? As we've said, VK of all people should know what condition she should be in. 

I just can't with the double standards this year! 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, DocBrown said:

I also couldn't get over Kitty arguing that VK should be given the respect to get weight off, but was saying she thought Tara's look was disrespectful. 

I'm sorry, why is a vet who has proved herself over the previous year and clearly just needs a lift with her hair (and perhaps to go easy on the dodgy spray tans!) disrespectful, while a rookie who was called in for effectively sulking because she didn't make show group, as well as carrying some extra pounds should be given time to get the weight off? As we've said, VK of all people should know what condition she should be in. 

Tara apparently looked disrespectful (yes her hair was a bit flat after hours of dance, but personally I didn't see how she looked soooo bad. looked fine, it tired and kinda done with it all but hardly 'just rolled out of bed') yet Kitty turns up to work (and it was work) looking like she was dragged through a hedge backwards and that's not disrespectful? Kitty, it's called a hairbrush.  Use it.

• Love 15
17 hours ago, Stee said:

I think there is truth in a legacy being more committed to, and devoting more of her time to the DCC but if you’re taking Legacies just because of history and tradition then you can’t call yourself a World-class organization  

Nobody is inviting Michael Phelps’ son to the Olympics just because his dad was such a standout athlete. 

It might be because Boomer Phelps is like 3?  Lol :) but totally agree.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, DocBrown said:

Sadly this is not the first time the ole double standard has come into play on the show, and it certainly will not be the last.

27 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

At the end of the day, if any other TCC or VC looked like this at TC, they'd be cut.

vlcsnap-2018-09-23-18h16m12s353.png.a5e47bf06c347ee16cacef8df1e4c526.pngvlcsnap-2018-09-23-18h16m01s739.png.0d22f3509e83ad917298c4dadbf0d00a.pngvlcsnap-2018-09-23-18h16m31s747.png.89d1a615c54ce478c45eff50a56e1fb2.png

We've seen them cut girls for less than this. we've seen veterans ripped apart when seen on the jumbo screen for less weight gain than this.  They'd not be given the 'respect' to lose it. I've never seen anyone given more than about one warning to lose weight, shown not only no progress but instead increased gains, still remain on the team.  the bias is real

Now, do I feel dirty for pointing out the 'imperfections' of an otherwise very slim 18 year old girl? Absolutely I do. But at the end of the day, fact of the matter is, a part of her job is maintaining a certain look and if she can't fit into her training uniform, she won't fit into her smaller performance uniform.

I think back to when they gave Brittany Schram crap about her weight and she was so slender. Then you see this pics of Victoria and I just can’t even with the hypocrisy.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Sadly this is not the first time the ole double standard has come into play on the show, and it certainly will not be the last.

While I think we've all seen the ole double standards and hypocrisy make yearly appearances on the show, I think it's the sheer blatant nature of it this year that has people turned off. For me, this year has just had me losing respect for Kelli as a leader and as a Director on a weekly basis.  It's just been so in your face, so utterly indisputable. In the past you could almost argue some subjectiveness on the bias (apart from say Cassie) but this year its just been a 'we love VK and we're taking her all the way and who cares she's 11 pounds up from an already soft audition weight, lets put her in the uniform right now even though she's disrespectful to us and the organisation by taking no measures to control herself or correct her behaviour when dancing'.

If I'm losing respect for Kelli (and Judy to a lesser degree) I can't imagine how the squad feels, esp the TCC that made it to a rookie year. I can't imagine locker room morale is great

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 10

I have mixed feelings on this episode.  I like the visit with the elderly and it was cool to see the rookie candidates without vets get to perform for them. 

I was not at all happy with most of the replacement music that was on the Amazon episode I purchased.  It is frustrating to me because last year was better as there were actual songs playing when the girls were dancing and they may not have been the ones on CMT originally but were similar and not the cheesy instrumental elevator funk hip hop wanna be music that makes me not want to watch it at all.  I want CMT to put a better effort in replacing the music to be somewhat similar but not cheesy and unrelatable. Thank You and moving on..... 

When Nick was watching the girls perform the dance that he had just taught them, the group right before he mentioned Amber had three amazing standouts in the front row. Erin, Hannah, and brunette Taylor!  They outdanced the veterans behind them and have become my new faves.

I think it would be great if each girl was allowed only one talking head per episode so maybe some other TCCS will be encouraged to participate. I don't even know how that works because every year it seems to be the same 4 to 5 girls that ALWAYS have a talking head.  Do they just walk up the the filming person and offer to answer whatever question they have or do they have a TCC that they approach to get them to say stuff....  anywho.  I am really tired of seeing Malena talking over and over and over.  Sweet and pretty gal but geesh enough already. 

I really liked the moment in the discussion with K,K,J and N when Nick said "Kitty, I'm worried we're not going to get your opinion."  LOL 

Tara seemed different this episode, her demeanor and behavior seems like a different girl that I remember from last year.  I hope everything is alright because that was uncomfortable to watch. 

Of course Dayton getting cut was sad and I teared up.  If she decides not to audition again, I know she will find her dance calling that will highlight the unique person she is and the talents that she has,  and that's in addition to her career path, future goals, and pursuits.

• Love 1

I heard things were not peachy keen when Cassie was on the team either especially after hearing how she and Judy got Olivia S. cut at finals in Season 6. She was a mean girl who probably ratted out girls she did not like to Kelli and especially Judy. She did a lot of unpleasant things causing problems for other girls.

11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I heard things were not peachy keen when Cassie was on the team either especially after hearing how she and Judy got Olivia S. cut at finals in Season 6. She was a mean girl who probably ratted out girls she did not like to Kelli and especially Judy. She did a lot of unpleasant things causing problems for other girls.

Then that is on Judy and Kelli as well.  It should have been dealt with.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

While I think we've all seen the ole double standards and hypocrisy make yearly appearances on the show, I think it's the sheer blatant nature of it this year that has people turned off. For me, this year has just had me losing respect for Kelli as a leader and as a Director on a weekly basis.  It's just been so in your face, so utterly indisputable. In the past you could almost argue some subjectiveness on the bias (apart from say Cassie) but this year its just been a 'we love VK and we're taking her all the way and who cares she's 11 pounds up from an already soft audition weight, lets put her in the uniform right now even though she's disrespectful to us and the organisation by taking no measures to control herself or correct her behaviour when dancing'.

If I'm losing respect for Kelli (and Judy to a lesser degree) I can't imagine how the squad feels, esp the TCC that made it to a rookie year. I can't imagine locker room morale is great

This is the first year I have lost my respect for Kelli. I had doubts  when she kept the Morgan, Brianna, Kaitlin type dancers, but this shows her to be a terrible manager. Last year was handled badly too, but I just don’t trust her judgement anymore.

33 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

There are probably mean girls every year. At least Cassie was a decent cheerleader, if not the best, and looked good in the uniform. I don’t recall her ever acting immature and extremely unprofessional on the show. Honestly, I’ve never seen anyone as bad at professional behavior as Victoria, even Taylor was better than this.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 8

What really knocked Kitty's credibility for me (as it has for many others) is that she excused Victoria's weight away and asked for her to be given the "respect" (and a chance) to lose it.  Victoria will NOT be able to lose the 11 pounds plus whatever weight she had on at auditions in a healthy manner (even if she started a healthy eating regime immediately after the meeting) in the approximately 3-4 weeks left in camp.  In the past, we've seen Kitty (and Kelli) call out girls who have gained MUCH less weight then Victoria, gave them MUCH less time to lose it, and cut them when it doesn't happen as fast as Kelli/Kitty apparently think it should.  We've also heard the rumors of what some of the girls do to lose the weight.  One girl apparently even landed in the hospital over trying to lose weight in order to look good in the uniform and, instead of addressing the issue or showing concern over both her health and the methods she used to lose the weight, Kelli and CMT made the girl look robotic and found some other reason to cut her.  I guess Kelli didn't want to have to deal with the issues because even addressing what this girl went through would open up a can of legal worms AND cause a PR nightmare due to Kelli's insistence on a specific figure for the girls.  Issues with weight have also been mentioned during uniform fittings (and related points throughout the season) when Kelli says that there's a variety of shapes and body types in Camp, but then wants every girl of the same height to weigh the same even though those girls may have completely different body shapes and compositions which may make a certain weight impossible for a girl to maintain.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, rose711 said:

This is the first year I have lost my respect for Kelli. I had doubts  when she kept the Morgan, Brianna, Kaitlin type dancers, but this shows her to be a terrible manager. Last year was handled badly too, but I just don’t trust her judgement anymore.

There are probably mean girls every year. At least Cassie was a decent cheerleader, if not the best, and looked good in the uniform. I don’t recall her ever acting immature and extremely unprofessional on the show. Honestly, I’ve never seen anyone as bad at professional behavior as Victoria, even Taylor was better than this.

She did not have to do it on the show. She got a girl cut because she stood up to Cassie because Cassie was complaining about one year vets getting more time in front of the camera during the calendar shoot. What happens behind the scene can be just as damaging as what is happening in front of the camera. I have heard on other social media pages about Cassie not being the role model she was pretending to be, and was not taking being a DCC seriously.