Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E08: Here Comes Kitty

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Mardo2044 said:

It used to be refreshing to have Kitty come in there and point out to Judy and Kelli where they have not held the line.  Now Kitty is insisting they remove the line....I guess she's thinking about her own dance studio and her own reputation rather than DCC (I can deliver, I fight for my students)

I forgot my old username so this comment made me re-register. I totally agree about Kitty fighting for her student. I can take Kitty being a mean girl because most of the time what she says is accurate but with VK, she's totally changing her tune. I don't mind that VK was given more time. I think one warning and one Come To Jesus meeting is fair for someone who is a decent dancer and has a legacy connection. I think its also possible that VK didn't know exactly how much heavier the weight looked on her. 

Dayton getting cut was so sad but she's beautiful and a great dancer. I hope she comes back with a little more practice/training. It was heartbreaking hearing her cry but also sort of touching to see Cheryl hugging her and Judy shedding actual tears. Even Kelli's eyes were red afterwards

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Stee said:

Kitty also has some sort of vendetta against girls who are good dancers and know it - she called out Erica for her hair and made a bully out of Gina. The show always has to backtrack in future seasons when those girls end up being stars of the team. 

Girls Kitty didn’t like in their rookie years: Erica, Gina, Tara, Danielle, Jessica, Mia. Remind me again why we love Kitty so much?!  Just because she’s “brutally honest?” Her track record isn’t so great. 

It's like she doesn't like girls who are (or who dance) confident(ly).

• Love 11

Ugh, Kelli making excuses for VK again in not being on beat because she's 'so big'. sorry, but VK is meant to have been dancing for 16ish years, she'd have reached for full height and limb length long enough ago to have learned to compensate for her added length so watching Kelli dismiss it as being nothing really annoyed me.  there's been multiple tall and long-limbed gals on he squad and they can stay on beat regardless.  stop tapdancing Kelli and tell her straight!! Especially when literally seconds later, Judy was telling Madelyn how bad it looked when she was not on beat 'ruins the whole moment' (though I found it intersting that during her saying that, she was looking right over to her left, where VK stood, and not looking where Madelyn stood directly in front of Judy). also, during that segment, VK looked so heavy. she's gone from soft to looking heavy in the middle and that will not look good in the uniform at all.

5 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

sometimees it feels as though she's thinking 'well, if I didn't teach you, if I can't give you corrections, then you're just not as good as you could be, which I''m not explaining right, but as thoough unless she can give them corrections to be better and she can feel a part of that, that she instantly dislikes them

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 6

Ashlee is my favorite after this episode! Girl can dance!!!

Bridget and her own audience... adorable! Can’t believe she can handle training camp and make show group with a full time job? She should get with Malena and Kristen and tell them her secrets for juggling both

very impressed with the way Brennan carried herself at the office visit, she’s so well spoken and I love seeing her shine this season!

Lily has arrived!!

i feel for Victoria... standards are set, yes, but I don’t think Kelli and Judy did her any favor waiting until she’s 11lbs heavier to bring up weight issues. 

Dayton and Rachel both had me in tears!!!!

wish I could’ve seen some more Kitty-esque feedback

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Newmanbritt said:

Ashlee is my favorite after this episode! Girl can dance!!!

Bridget and her own audience... adorable! Can’t believe she can handle training camp and make show group with a full time job? She should get with Malena and Kristen and tell them her secrets for juggling both

very impressed with the way Brennan carried herself at the office visit, she’s so well spoken and I love seeing her shine this season!

Lily has arrived!!

i feel for Victoria... standards are set, yes, but I don’t think Kelli and Judy did her any favor waiting until she’s 11lbs heavier to bring up weight issues. 

Dayton and Rachel both had me in tears!!!!

wish I could’ve seen some more Kitty-esque feedback

VK had been brought into the office to discuss it once before (in week 2?? i think), and chances are she had, if not been directly told, heard about how the judges marked her as soft during the auditions because she did not sound surprised at all to hear it *edit we know she was told at auditions that she was soft from last nights ep so if she was soft at auditions and is now 11 heavier than that, it's a problem for them.  so she's had a few weeks and has still gained more weight. also, she shouldn't need K&J to tell her. you know when you've gained that much weight,e ven if you don't weigh yourself, which I imagine she does.  that's a lot of weight, probably about 10% of her total. her clothes would be tight/not able to do up depending on hhow snug they were before.  No way she was unaware she was gaining a lot of weight

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 7

I just noticed the TCCs didn't do the kickline & jump split at the SR center. Or even slide into a split. I know space was limited - but that sure would have been entertaining for the group. :)

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Kelli and I are losing tolerance for girls still making mistakes...

Oh, Judy.  Judy, Judy, Judy.  Really? Because one in particular is getting pass after pass after pass. is that why they''re losing tolerance on anyone else, because it's all going in a certain blonde's direction. I'll admit Malena and Dayton were very poor on that dance, esp when they couldn't watch other girls in the mirror, but wowzah, that is some serious denial right there.

11 minutes ago, sATL said:

I just noticed the TCCs didn't do the kickline & jump split at the SR center. Or even slide into a split. I know space was limited - but that sure would have been entertaining for the group. :)

probably terrify a lot of elderly people that they were about to witness the breaking of a hip or two! ;)
In reality, might be because they're TCC rather than experienced DCC and thy don't want anyone getting injured, plus it looked like they were on carpet, and their shoes wouldnt slide as well when coming down into the split and that could cause damage to hamstrings, hip flexors, abductors, ankles and knees etc if there's suddenly huge resistance while the full body weight is trying to force down, as well as just not enough room because the girls were in two tiers rather than a single line

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Same for HS/college musicians. The facilities are great places to do a run though of recital / audition pieces.

Starting in about 5th grade, the strings would do a christmas show & then a spring show.  It was usually the group playing together.  The seniors loved it.  We would then go meet and talk with the ones that could not leave their rooms.  We loved doing this type of show....christmas songs & then in spring...fiddle faddle & the typewriter...also fun pieces! Seeing the DCC going to the senior home brought back all of those memories!

• Love 8
14 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yeah Tara is not looking cute this year, I've noticed since the calendar shoot.  And please Kitty, give Victoria the respect to get the weight off?? You would have never said that about anyone else! 

Tara looks exhausted and like she eating a very poor diet.

• Love 2

rewatching the office segment with VK, it really feels like in previous years she'd have been cut, no questions asked, but they're trying soooo hard to rebrand this year as the caring sharing DCC that they're being super careful about mentioning weight or being nearly as harsh as previous years because there's been such bad press recently (not just DCC but NFL dancers in general) about weight issues, eating disorders etc and so they're trying hard to come across as being supportive in healthy weights rather than 'lose it or you're done' which has been more the vibe even a couple years ago

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

VK had been brought into the office to discuss it once before (in week 2?? i think), and chances are she had, if not been directly told, heard about how the judges marked her as soft during the auditions because she did not sound surprised at all to hear it *edit we know she was told at auditions that she was soft from last nights ep so if she was soft at auditions and is now 11 heavier than that, it's a problem for them.  so she's had a few weeks and has still gained more weight. also, she shouldn't need K&J to tell her. you know when you've gained that much weight,e ven if you don't weigh yourself, which I imagine she does.  that's a lot of weight, probably about 10% of her total. her clothes would be tight/not able to do up depending on hhow snug they were before.  No way she was unaware she was gaining a lot of weight

I agree with you.  When I worked (retired now), if I ever gave anyone a hint, like Kelli gave VK in the first office visit, the person knew that this was their warning and the next conversation about the subject would not be so lighthearted.

Also, even people who don’t audition for DCC know what the physical requirements are.  She should not have to be told to lose weight.  She should be proactive and have addressed it at the beginning, especially after she said in her featured clip that she knew weight would be a challenge.  

As a former fitness instructor, weight loss coach,  and trainer, I know that you can’t exercise off bad food choices.  These girls are not running a marathon.  They dance for a few 8 counts, and then sit while the other groups perform, or they are learning the routines.  They are working up a sweat,  but not so much that they can overeat.  A game situation where they dance non stop is a different story, however.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Gosh we think alike!  Except you didn't say GO BRENNAN. 

I was afraid of commenting on how great Kelli is looking.  She should have been VK's weight coach.

LOL!  Well Brennan is a given this year .... Love her also ;-)

I was so disappointed that she was cut last year and after Kelli's conversation last night I thought she seemed to regret it also ... so YAY BRENNAN !!!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Jessica97 said:

I forgot my old username so this comment made me re-register. I totally agree about Kitty fighting for her student. I can take Kitty being a mean girl because most of the time what she says is accurate but with VK, she's totally changing her tune. I don't mind that VK was given more time. I think one warning and one Come To Jesus meeting is fair for someone who is a decent dancer and has a legacy connection. I think its also possible that VK didn't know exactly how much heavier the weight looked on her. 

Dayton getting cut was so sad but she's beautiful and a great dancer. I hope she comes back with a little more practice/training. It was heartbreaking hearing her cry but also sort of touching to see Cheryl hugging her and Judy shedding actual tears. Even Kelli's eyes were red afterwards

With Kitty, I remember that while she used to fight for her students, she also didn't mind making harsh comments about them either. I remember she went after Angela at solos because her solo wasn't great and would be a reflection on Kitty's rep "making a liar out of me present that sh*t" and she also ripped into Ashley in season 4 when she danced at her studio all year and was struggling at camp AFTER ONLY BEING A DANCER FOR A YEAR.

It's like she pics bad favs with years of training that have really bad faults, like Morgan and VK, and then rips into the decent dancers when they aren't perfect. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Jinelle has always been thin BUT in her defense, she really IS a very healthy person.  She work outs a lot and eats VERY clean.  I think she'd be a good person for Victoria to work with because she could at least give her tips on what nutrient dense foods to focus on to be eating ENOUGH (not crash dieting) and have energy to perform.  

If a DCC stays on a healthy eating plan, IMO Jinelle is exactly (or pretty darn close to) what she should look like

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, homelife said:

I find it odd that I cannot find this episode on ANY of my typical free stream sites as I usually can the following day. All videos marked as Episode 8 "Here Comes Kitty" actually open to episode 7... 

I can tell you where to find it if you want. i accidentally also downloaded the 7 and then the 8 was finally put up after people mentioned it was wrong

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lah715 said:

LOL!  Well Brennan is a given this year .... Love her also ;-)

I was so disappointed that she was cut last year and after Kelli's conversation last night I thought she seemed to regret it also ... so YAY BRENNAN !!!

Kelli feeling bad about Brennan is probably just another story line made by CMT because of what happened with Alexandria, Milan, and Kalyssa leaving or being cut before the season was over last year. If Milan, Alexandria an Kalyssa came back for another season, Kelli would not be "regretting" cutting Brennan at all. They probably would have mentioned Brennan is coming back to TC for a third year and leave it at that.

28 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I can tell you where to find it if you want. i accidentally also downloaded the 7 and then the 8 was finally put up after people mentioned it was wrong

Thank you! I ended up purchasing the episode (first time's a charm!) from Amazon for $1.99. Maybe the stream errors are a CMT ploy to see how much of a hold they have on us with this episode's cuts.

Episode notes:

- Maybe rookie Rachel didn't convey herself well while at the senior home? ""I lost my grandparents... today just brought me down to Earth and reminded me why I wanted to do this in the first place." So, you're becoming a DCC to hang out with seniors? She probably meant for the opportunities that DCC affords the girls, like being that role model to little girls, meeting with seniors, etc, but the sound bite did not match that sentiment.

- To comment on Kristin seeming apathetic at the senior home - to me she seemed engaged, talking with individuals. You have to remember that for some, they have lost their grandparents and it's a lot more emotional and tough for them. And as for her seeming aloof at the barn social, so did Dayton in the clip they showed of Kristin sitting beside her? As a feminist, I get truly annoyed when anyone, male or female, tell me I look unhappy or sad because I'm not smiling. I don't need to be smiling all the time to make it known I'm enjoying myself. Probably like Kristin and Dayton, I am an outsider observer, soaking it in a bit, perhaps seeming quiet, before I feel I can be a participant and just "be".

- Judy looked stunning in the hot pink dress at the senior home.

- To utilize a Kelsey (Lowrance) term in the negative, Tara looked like straight-up "crispy bacon". Super harsh and crusty. Her spray tan looked markedly old, as she confirmed in the office interview. Her hair, to me, has always looked ratty - greasy and with nasty roots that are not at all ombre, and the acne on her chest and arms. 

- Kitty's critiques turned to the vets (Tara and Miranda - the latter of whom IDK what she was talking about looking 70s??) in a defensive manner to move away from the VK weight topic. Like so many others, my mouth fell agape when Kitty verbalized "she's been in this program for 10 years.. give her the respect to lose it." No, Kitty. She has been in this "program" since TC started. She has spent her childhood idolizing the DCC organization and yet not "respecting" what it takes enough to be hitting it hard at the gym. Like someone also pointed out, the cardio the girls are doing in the studio, while endless, is NOT enough of a workout to maintain weight on a cruddy diet.

- Perhaps this episode's shitty cut and VK adoration campaign is paving the way for Kelli and Judy to hang up their boots as directors. Judy has become less and less vocal through the seasons, especially this one. Watching previous seasons, I miss that spitfire Judy. It's like she lets Kelli run the show now while she just nods at her shoulder. The DCC organization needs fresh blood. I nominate Michelle Keys for everythinnnngggg.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, homelife said:

Thank you! I ended up purchasing the episode (first time's a charm!) from Amazon for $1.99. Maybe the stream errors are a CMT ploy to see how much of a hold they have on us with this episode's cuts.

Episode notes:

- Maybe rookie Rachel didn't convey herself well while at the senior home? ""I lost my grandparents... today just brought me down to Earth and reminded me why I wanted to do this in the first place." So, you're becoming a DCC to hang out with seniors? She probably meant for the opportunities that DCC affords the girls, like being that role model to little girls, meeting with seniors, etc, but the sound bite did not match that sentiment.

- To comment on Kristin seeming apathetic at the senior home - to me she seemed engaged, talking with individuals. You have to remember that for some, they have lost their grandparents and it's a lot more emotional and tough for them. And as for her seeming aloof at the barn social, so did Dayton in the clip they showed of Kristin sitting beside her? As a feminist, I get truly annoyed when anyone, male or female, tell me I look unhappy or sad because I'm not smiling. I don't need to be smiling all the time to make it known I'm enjoying myself. Probably like Kristin and Dayton, I am an outsider observer, soaking it in a bit, perhaps seeming quiet, before I feel I can be a participant and just "be".

- To utilize a Kelsey (Lowrance) term in the negative, Tara looked like straight-up "crispy bacon". Super harsh and crusty. Her spray tan looked markedly old, as she confirmed in the office interview. Her hair, to me, has always looked ratty - greasy and with nasty roots that are not at all ombre, and the acne on her chest and arms. 

- Kitty's critiques turned to the vets (Tara and Miranda - the latter of whom IDK what she was talking about looking 70s??) in a defensive manner to move away from the VK weight topic. Like so many others, my mouth fell agape when Kitty verbalized "she's been in this program for 10 years.. give her the respect to lose it." No, Kitty. She has been in this "program" since TC started. She has spent her childhood idolizing the DCC organization and yet not "respecting" what it takes enough to be hitting it hard at the gym. Like someone also pointed out, the cardio the girls are doing in the studio, while endless, is NOT enough of a workout to maintain weight on a cruddy diet.

- Perhaps this episode's shitty cut and VK adoration campaign is paving the way for Kelli and Judy to hang up their boots as directors. Judy has become less and less vocal through the seasons, especially this one. Watching previous seasons, I miss that spitfire Judy. It's like she lets Kelli run the show now while she just nods at her shoulder. The DCC organization needs fresh blood. I nominate Michelle Keys for everythinnnngggg.

I have to agree with Kitty about Miranda ... I always think of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine's friend has the out dated hairstyle and thought Kramer would tell her so but he ends up liking it ... LOL!!! 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, homelife said:

Episode notes:

I interpreted that segment as her saying it reminded her how much the DCC try to bring to their community, and because they get press coverage, going to things like senior centres, gets press, reminds people that being elderly can be lonely, that they should cherish the time they have with their elderly loved ones, and visit more often if they can, or make a phone call if they can't physically go, and that she probably had a good reltionship with her grandparents or even perhaps regrets not visiting them more often, so the sentiment for me did match the soundbite  thats how I saw it, but different strokes for different folks

in regards to the VK respect thing from Kitty - how did Kitty think saying that Vk had been int he program 8 years was A DEFENCE???!?!!?  it actually makes it even worse! it means that in 8 years VK hasn't learned a damn thing about the physical expectations of the DCC or dancers in general. it makes her look far, far worse.

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Rubyslippahz said:

I was waiting for the Power of the Star to turn the folks in the senior home young again, kind of like the movie "Cocoon". 

get the former Rockette back up! probably still got better kicks than many of the girls (and certainly beter than me!!)

• Love 6
14 hours ago, ReneeK said:

How does someone gain 11 lbs in one summer unless she’s in her 2nd trimester?

I just remembered my sister's friend gained 25 pounds in one summer - she spent the summer with her aunt in Hershey, PA :/  So yep, sugar, sugar.....

• Love 7

I gain ten to fifteen pounds in one month after I started taking the medication for the Graves Disease and a blood pressure medication. I was only on the blood pressure med for one month because my primary care physician at the time was worried my blood pressure was a little too high due the hyperthyroidism. Luckily no heart damage due to the thyroid disorder.

14 hours ago, ReneeK said:

How does someone gain 11 lbs in one summer unless she’s in her 2nd trimester?

Not even a summer? this was the start of week 5, so four weeks of tc and what, max of a month between auditions and TC starting? that's a gain of more than a pound a week over 8 week. 
Given the Cowboy Fit plug, I'm surprised they didn't do a second plug and say that on top of Jinelle being her sponsor of sorts, she was going to be sent to CF to get some professional nutritional advice.  what's the point of doing a plug about how its available to the girls, if you then just have a fellow cheerleader help her.  Now, I'd love Jinelle to overhaul my diet, don't get me wrong (she always looked strong and fit and while she's a very petite woman, she never looked starved or deprived or that unnatural skinny that women that are undereating get, she just looked naturally small) but if you've got professionals in the building and you've done an excrutiatingly cringey segment on them, why not plug again? (also don't get me wrong, I'm not upset they didn't, because once was enough, but still its the principle of it!)

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I gain ten to fifteen pounds in one month after I started taking the medication for the Graves Disease and a blood pressure medication. I was only on the blood pressure med for one month because my primary care physician at the time was worried my blood pressure was a little too high due the hyperthyroidism. Luckily no heart damage due to the thyroid disorder.

thank heavens no damage, youre very lucky!
I imagine that if it was anything to do with a change in medication or the like, they'd not have highlighted it because it'd be sensitive as well as medical information being private (VK would have had time in the previous 2 months to say she'd started a medication and was struggling with finding a balance with maintaining her weight).  I think this was just a case of very poor eating, late at night and perhaps eating too much.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I still think someone in DCC leadership wants VK on the team. She has a certain look that is old school DCC: beautiful long blonde hair, big blue eyes, long legs, toothsome smile...and a legacy story is great PR. Neither she nor Dayton were ready this year. I suspect Dayton will be on the team next year if she practices a lot and takes the right classes.

THEY ALL WANT HER. Kelli, Judy, Kitty, especially Charlotte. IT's not a secret. They all expected her to dance right in, but she did it to herself with weight gain. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

THEY ALL WANT HER. Kelli, Judy, Kitty, especially Charlotte. IT's not a secret. They all expected her to dance right in, but she did it to herself with weight gain. 

Im not 100% on Judy wanting her. she stays super schtum when discussing VK. she might not be openly opposing it, but she isn't chiming in in support. she knows which way the wind blows

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I'm afraid she doesn't.  Her exact words are 'you're eleven pounds up since auditions'

Oh sorry...…...I thought I had heard training camp at one point, which is why they were concerned for the amount of weight within that short of time.  Either way - not good.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

nope, gaining 11 pounds in 7-8 weeks is better than 4 weeks but neither is good at all.  and it can't all be blamed on the late nights of TC because that's only been a month of those two months, unless she has only gained it since starting TC in which case, nope, need to nip that in the bud. not for the DCC, not to look good in the uniform, but for her own mental and physical wellbeing!

I really disliked that segment. I thought Brennan handled it very well, but I found it unnecessarily combative and rude.  Why can't it be a little of both? why can't Brennan have a part of her that's wants to make it just for her own feelings of achievemnet, and screw the legacy of the DCC? what is so wrong with her having osmething to prove to herself and others? who in TC can say hand on heart that their sole reason for auditioning is for the good of the DCC and to carry that legacy and not even a smidge because they want to be able to prove to themselves and others that they are good enough to make the 'most famous cheerleading squad in the world'?  I know a part of it is that after the number of dropouts they had last year after hte squad was made that they don't want someone else making the team only to prove they can and who then bails, but Brennan has never come across as that sort of person.  that whole thing just irked me.  have they said that to other multiple year TCCs?

Not that I can recall.  This year it's almost like - gee, what can we do to draw attention away from how we are treating VK?  What have the other girls done that make what she's done almost like nothing?  Oh, lets call Madeleine a problem in the locker room.  Let's say other girls have an attitude.  Lets call TCC's in the office, who have been no problem in TC, and accuse them of ulterior motives.  I can see why girls may have had an attitude if that was what was going on.

• Love 6

My loop has closed a little but i did not personally hear ANYTHING about Madeline being snotty or toxic in TC. Like NOTHING except what was invented here about her standing on the bench while taking a pic with her own parents, somehow made her toxic? 

Also, Jinelle is sweet as pie but the first to report back now, bc she works for DCC. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Gigi88 said:

She does and always has. Last year she told K & J to cut Tara because she just wasn’t attractive but to keep Savannah who wasn’t performing well because she’s pretty and teachable. Yet Kitty has stated before on other girls that “pretty doesn’t cut it”  that along with her ridiculous statement towards VK “give her the respect to lose it” makes her lose all credibility and look like a moron ?‍♀️

Kitty does not have the time for any of the girls that don’t worship outside of the altar of Kitty. And lots of the non-Dallas based girls don’t. It’s just a matter of how much they can or want to hide it. Tara either couldn’t or did not want to be bothered to.

• Love 8

I think Kelly's "coldness" in the office toward Dayton was because she was going to fall apart otherwise and overcompensated. My only guess why Kitty defends VK so much is she has seen VK dance outside TC a lot and knows she is capable? IDK. But how on earth does an 18 year old gain 11 pounds in....6 weeks maybe? Especially with the amount of dancing they do every day. Is she eating a quart of ice cream when she goes home? I worry Tara is suffering from depression. She was very sad looking in the office. She looks the part. Disheveled, tired looking, not saying much... I wonder if she and Savannah are still roomies? The were a "package deal last year". It's weird that last year it was Savannah that almost got cut and now she's a rockstar. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Kate2006 said:

I think Kelly's "coldness" in the office toward Dayton was because she was going to fall apart otherwise and overcompensated. My only guess why Kitty defends VK so much is she has seen VK dance outside TC a lot and knows she is capable? IDK. But how on earth does an 18 year old gain 11 pounds in....6 weeks maybe? Especially with the amount of dancing they do every day. Is she eating a quart of ice cream when she goes home? I worry Tara is suffering from depression. She was very sad looking in the office. She looks the part. Disheveled, tired looking, not saying much... I wonder if she and Savannah are still roomies? The were a "package deal last year". It's weird that last year it was Savannah that almost got cut and now she's a rockstar. 

I watched the first few eps all in a row, and the coldness towards Dayton is quite obvious.  I can see why Kelli would be upset with her for being late and I can see why she might have said you won't make this squad cause of your mom.  However, why not say the same thing to VK in regards to weight and how seriously she is taking things?  Why not come down on her for her comment about wanting show group?  There is no consistency

• Love 4
7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

so I suspect it's more like 20 pounds that settled in her butt, stomach, and the dunlaps. 

WHAT ARE DUNLAPS?????  HA!!!

7 hours ago, shaunamarie said:

Then she took a year or two, got the weight off, and then they didn't think she was a good dancer anymore.  I don't know...I always felt like they used her as a project or something.

She actually didn’t lose the weight. That is why she didn’t make it into training camp the second year.

7 hours ago, NoChtngWhenEtng said:

Tara did look puffy and something has to be done with her roots/greasy hair.

Tara came to Texas with those roots. The DCC has had two years to give her a makeover and they didn’t. They left her roots alone. I never understood it but there you are.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

... unless they train at her studio and pay her bills.  Hi Morgan!  Hi Victoria!  ;)

Edited by Stee
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, homelife said:

- Judy looked stunning in the hot pink dress at the senior home

Totally.

1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

I really disliked that segment. I thought Brennan handled it very well, but I found it unnecessarily combative and rude.

Yeah, I thought WTF? when watching. Brennan has never come across like that so again, WTF?

• Love 12
1 minute ago, PBSLover said:

Totally.

Yeah, I thought WTF? when watching. Brennan has never come across like that so again, WTF?

It's like when Kelli confronted Ashley Pro near the end of TC about references from former coaches about how she supposedly acted while on their teams.  If she never acted like that in TC and Emma vouched for her, why tell her and make her upset?  If she does do something, call her on it then and there so she understands what she did wrong.  But if they didn't do anything, don't start a problem because now you have Brennan wondering if she did something and being self conscious.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

WHAT ARE DUNLAPS?????  HA!!!

She actually didn’t lose the weight. That is why she didn’t make it into training camp the second year.

Tara came to Texas with those roots. The DCC has had two years to give her a makeover and they didn’t. They left her roots alone. I never understood it but there you are.

Dunlaps/Dunlops are simply your "spare tire" around your waist post weight gain. They are worse than muffin tops.

I agree....Tara's hair and makeup looked bad, as in a pre-makeover whodunit.

The filler instrumental music during the beginning rehearsal segment was just AWFUL! We are also sick of Katy Perry-Fireworks and 123 Turnaround or whatever it is. Please CMT, you can do much better. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 4

I really disliked that segment. I thought Brennan handled it very well, but I found it unnecessarily combative and rude. 

Part of me feels like deep down, TPTB don't want girls that have been cut to come back.  As if "we didn't like  you the first time so...."  Maybe CMT likes the "comeback kid" story.

• Love 3

Didn't get to watch a lot with my DH home on VAC and yakking during it so I'll have to re-watch when he's not around. I fast forwarded through the boring stuff and watched the dancing, office call- ins, and cuts.

IMHO Malena is not pretty much less beautiful. There have been other AA girls who I consider pretty/beautiful; Jackie Bob, Jacie, Nicole H, Deryn D. Dara M.

In next week's previews Hannah says dancing on a field is different than dancing on a basketball court. Was she a cheerleader on another pro team or in college?

Why was Jinelle chosen or volunteered to help Victoria?  It's not like she's her GL.

I thought Tara was going to get cut but was let off with a warning instead.

• Love 1